- Fredericksburg, Texas
I still have one more week in Texas so I thought I would make an hour trip north to a German town called Fredericksburg. The downtown is full of adorable shops, restaurants Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Feb 3, 2017
- Day 26 - LA to Santa NellaThis morning we had rain. California people are so happy to have rain although they feel that they have had a bit more than they really wanted. California has had years of drought.
We decided to drive up I Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Feb 3, 2017
- Day 25 - Watts Towers & Autry MuseumWe got started early today. Our first stop was at the Costco gas station. We were not sure if our Canadian Costco membership would allow us to purchase gas in the US but our card worked like a Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Feb 3, 2017
- BAHIA HONDATrouble in paradise! Started the day with plans to do some 🚴 riding in Key West, hit the beach then crash a fancy beachfront resort we always visit, but things took a bad turn. Getting out of our park takes Posted by Bananawind2016 in Florida 2017 | Feb 2, 2017
- Day 24 - Koi pond, Chino Hills State Park, Anaheim Regional A great day in Yorba Linda, CA.
We started off the morning by driving to a hair salon and getting our monthly haircuts. Even if we are on the road we need to be beautiful.
We then drove over to Vergil Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Feb 1, 2017
- Day 23 - Route 66, Amboy Crater, Yorba LindaWe left Needles, CA this morning. It was a bright, sunny day with a temperature of 10 C (50 F) as we set off. We felt like someone had lifted the weight of the world from our shoulders.
Our Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 31, 2017
- BAHIA HONDA STATE PARKHere we are in Bahia Honda State Park! Being in the historic old railroad bridge's shadow and seen from most points of the park invokes a feeling of history and the past. Lots of time and hard work was put Posted by Bananawind2016 in Florida 2017 | Jan 31, 2017
- Day 22 - Route 66 and donkeys in the streetWe woke to a bright sunny morning. The temperature was only 4 C ( 39 F) but the sunshine made up for that.
We needed to drive back to Flagstaff, AZ to begin our travel west. We chose to Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 30, 2017
- Florida KeysAfter living in Florida for 25 years, we decided to visit the Florida Keys. Posted by Sandflees in SandFlees | Jan 30, 2017
- Looking for travel companion for ThailandGreetings fellow traveler: I am a experienced seasoned traveler. Male, 60s but in good shape, 5'6", 145lb., married/Partnered, Brown hair, blue eyes. Looking for a "thin" lady 18 to 50 to accompany me to Thailand this May. I pay Posted by Maineart in Trip companilo for Thailand | Jan 30, 2017
- Day 21 - Sedona - Red Rock CountryThis morning we set off with a list of sites we wished to see. The temperature was close to 4 C ( 39 F).
We set off to visit Tuzigoot National Monument. Tuzigoot is the Apache word for crooked Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 29, 2017
- Padre IslandThe Army gave me three weeks of temporary duty in San Antonio so I gave myself a weekend in Padre Island. A baptist church in the area was holding a Surf 'n' Turf half marathon to raise money for Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 29, 2017
- LONG PINE KEYYep she is still there looking as menacing as ever with her evil one eye! Is it just me or is it every living thing that passes through her gate to the Everglades National Park? Last year she tried Posted by Bananawind2016 in Florida 2017 | Jan 29, 2017
- KORESHAN STATE PARKHere we are again at this different and special sort of place.Too bad it started in sheer panic trying to put up the new unfamiliar tent in a sudden rainstorm on a fine white sand campsite! Wet tent wet fly Posted by Bananawind2016 in Florida 2017 | Jan 29, 2017
- TENT TOPS AND FLIP FLOPSIt has been quite an ordeal for John and I the last few months...filled with doctors appointments and physical therapy. So going to Florida was a last minute thing that almost didn't happen. We had delayed our trip til the Posted by Bananawind2016 in Florida 2017 | Jan 29, 2017
- Las VegasMet up with the kids and watched the superbowl Posted by Sandflees in SandFlees | Jan 28, 2017
- Day 20 - Route 66, Meteor Crater and Walnut CanyonThis morning was very cold. The temperature was -7 ( 19 F). We met another couple from Winnipeg, MB. They said they had visited Arizona in the winter for 12 years and this winter had the most Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 28, 2017
- PCT Training Hike on the Big Piney Trail, Paddy Creek Wilder
I set out for my first overnight training hike that I have been on since I was on the PCT in May, 2016. Starting at the Roby Posted by MorganClements in Morgans Misadventures | Jan 28, 2017
- Day 19 - Shiprock, NM to Holbrook,NMWe started our day by driving out to "Shiprock". This is a rock formation out in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico near an area called the "Four Corners".
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_3123_S..our_corners.jpg caption=Shiprock n Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 27, 2017
- Day 18 - Lemonade out of LemonsWe had an excellent breakfast at Inn on the Rio. Our hostess made a pancake she called "Dutch Baby". This Dutch confection is usually served sprinkled with icing sugar and syrup. Our hostess served hers with eggs Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 26, 2017
- Off To Taiwan We're off to great places, we're up and away!! It's that time of year again for us to travel back to Taiwan to visit Henry's family! Hard to believe that it's already been 10 months since we were here Posted by Ariel968 in Taiwan - Chinese New Year 2017 | Jan 25, 2017
- Day 17 - Goodbye Santa Fe, Bandelier National MonumentThis morning we said "goodbye" to our comfortable lodging at Guadalupe Inn in Santa Fe. We post a picture of a fancy light fixture in the bathroom.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_3011_D..hroom_light.jpg caption=Decorative bathroom l Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 25, 2017
- San Diego & TijuanaAs I left Mexico, I felt like I was riding an emotional rollercoaster instead of an airplane. I didn’t want to leave the magical land of amazing food, incredible friends, and endless adventures. But I had the best reason in Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jan 25, 2017
- Day 16 - A day around Sante FeThis morning, while we ate breakfast, our hosts at the Guadalupe Inn entertained us with information about where to go and what to see in Santa Fe. They told us that the historic plaza and many art galleries and Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 24, 2017
- Day 15 - Sandia Crest and Santa FeWe forgot to mention yesterday that we saw a number of small herds of pronghorn as we drove from Roswell to Santa Rosa. The drive was through desert and the two giant cowboys and the pronghorn added interest to the Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 23, 2017