- DAY EIGHT- Sunday April 6,2014Our eight day begins. The bow TV picture looks like a rather calm sea but still dark with only a glimmer of an eastern dawning. The “technician” rolls out of the sack and works on the “push”. Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 7, 2014
- LA to Pismo BeachAsh managed to make it through her Perth ->Singapore->Hong Kong-> Beijing->LAX trip, and Cal hired a Mustang Convertible and drove back from San Diego to meet in LA.
Spent the night at the Radisson LAX. Had a dinner at the Posted by calandash in Cal and Ash | Apr 6, 2014
- Crabs, Crazies, Crack Cocaine and California RaisinsSo its the day after the god-awful burning hands fiasco which as you know from my previous blog kinda messed up all of our sleeping patterns...thanks Amber! You bleedin wanker.
Ben actually managed to get to work on time somehow but Posted by Lady-K in Around The World - Trip 2 | Apr 6, 2014
- Charleston, SC / Hunting Island State Park (Beaufort, SC)There was a nasty accident from Durham to Charlotte, so it added an hour to the original two-hour drive. I arrived at my hosts' place in Charlotte, NC, at around 11:30. To be honest, it was a bit messy and Posted by muricadave in DC to LA | Apr 6, 2014
- Another Day at Thatcher WoodsToday I biked to Thatcher Woods again because of a report of Least Sandpipers that were present there yesterday.
The first good bird was this COOPER'S HAWK:
When I Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Apr 5, 2014
- Ft. Lauderdale, Cruise360It was another wonderful morning in paradise as the sun rose. As this was the weekend, more ships were in.
Our morning was the second general session. The first presenter was a repre Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Apr 5, 2014
- DAY SIX- Friday April 4,2014It must be the cloudy days that are doing it. Changed my clock and of course alarm ahead last night by order of the CAPTAIN to find when we put the Navigation Chart up on the tube that we Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 5, 2014
- Ft. Lauderdale, Cruise360The conference today started with our opening General Session.
Our first keynote speaker was award winning lecturer Kathleey Passanisi who spoke entertainingly about 'happiness'
* Only 13% o Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Apr 4, 2014
- Happy Birthday Grammie!!It's good to know that even in your 80s, one can be such a socialite, answering the phone is even a chore ;)
Yesterday was my grandmother's 85th birthday!!!!
So, I've called her a few times to wish her a happy birthday Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Apr 4, 2014
- DAY FIVE- Thursday April 3,2014The alarmed didn't need to ring. Today was “push day” for the last two days of our sail. I know it is about time but it takes the CAPTAIN a little time get the Command Center up and Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 4, 2014
- Save me San Francisco...San Francisco 28th feb - 1st march
Today I felt a bit like Doctor Who time travelling in the tardis! I left NZ at 7.30pm on the 28th but arrived at 10.30am on the same day. Oh the excitement of crossing Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Apr 3, 2014
- Pet Sitting 4 Dogs and 2 CatsHere in Ojo Sarco, I have six companions to keep me company:
4 dogs - Bruiser, Dora, Princess PP, and Rex
2 cats - Annie and Jack
The dogs like to go for a walk around the property at least twice Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 3, 2014
- My Home in Ojo Sarco March 31-April 6Ojo Sarco meanders along several miles of dirt county road half way between Taos and Santa Fe. There is not really a "city center" that I could find. Closes town is Dixon.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Road_to_my..rco_NM_Home.jpg caption= Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 3, 2014
- Ft. Lauderdale, Cruise360The first day at many conferences include classes for new travel agents as they try and achieve their industry qualifications. I sat in on a briefing from several of the cruise lines I sell.
==Regent Seven Seas:==
* The most inclusive Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Apr 3, 2014
- How to Stunt Your Creative Travel StyleFor the next week, I have the opportunity to house and pet sit for a family in the New Mexico mountains half way between Taos and Santa Fe. Unfortunately, I failed to get pictures of Kelly, Michael and Luke before Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 3, 2014
- March 30, 2014I have made this leg of the trip several times, so this time it is just to get from one point to the next. I can also come back here and explore again in future years.
Just in case you never Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 3, 2014
- Ft. Lauderdale, Cruise360For all those folks who were following me on Serenade of the Seas, the internet connection the last few days of the cruise was not very good, so no postings. Overall the trip was excellent. Our table server Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Apr 3, 2014
- DAY FOUR- Wednesday April 2,2014In the darkness of the night, Queen Victoria surely went through some kind of a thunder storm I am sure. The ship ( never call it a boat) went from side to side and almost threw me on the Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 3, 2014
- DAY THREE- Tuesday April 1,2014Imagine it is 3:00 am PDT and I am awakened as the excitement of leaving is in the air even in the darkness of night. The sprinkles continue at this time but so what we are about to say Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 3, 2014
- FINALLY...Rusty Blackbirds!...and more!Today I went to Thatcher Woods Forest Preserve yet again because of reports of Rusty Blackbirds that were spotted there yesterday.
Upon arriving, I birded around the soccer field for the first half of my brief visit to Thatcher. I saw Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Apr 2, 2014
- Raleigh / Durham, NCBefore heading off to Raleigh the morning of April Fool's, I took a quick tour of Virginia Commonwealth Universities campus and nearby Maymont park. It was a brisk morning turned moderate afternoon, and was able to catch me some cherry Posted by muricadave in DC to LA | Apr 2, 2014
- Why This Trip?In the fall of 2013, I woke up one morning and couldn't walk.
After a few weeks, I found out that it was only osteo arthritis. Although that was just what it was, the knowledge did not do much to improve Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Mar 27, 2014
- March 29, 2014I had traveled this route several times. Have also stayed in Salida more than once.
In 2011, grandson Bazil and I rented a cabin on a llama farm for a week in this same area.
To get my trip off to Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 1, 2014
- Have You Seen This Woman?
I am not very good about keeping in touch with family and friends.
I will try to keep a this blog up to date with my location. If you haven't Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Mar 29, 2014
- Miller Meadow and GAR WoodsToday Jill Anderson and I birded Miller Meadow with a quick stop at GAR Woods, also.
Jill was kind enough to drive me again today, and she picked me up from my house right at 3 in the afternoon.
The first birds Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Apr 1, 2014