- Mount Rushmore, SDFriday we went to see the Mount Rushmore National Monument. It is only 30 miles from our campground so we decided to risk another tire failure as we would not be hauling the camper and that should be Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Aug 22, 2015
- A Little Work, Lots Of PlayWe made San Francisco, the weather was cold next to what we’d come from; 100+ in Bakersfield to high 60’s in S.F.
I made my claim meeting and laid out what would be paid for.
From the claim, we went straight Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 22, 2015
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'
I think I've used that title for a blog entry more than once but we
are in Wyoming country now and it seems appropriate for this new entry.
This entry is Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 22, 2015
- A few weeks on the East Coast: Philly I just stopped to get on the plane back to Sac. I went to the market which was kinda crazy. Lotsa good-looking chocolate and diners and doughnuts and everything. But, you know, I'm not real into shopping.
Reading Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Aug 22, 2015
- A few weeks on the East Coast: NYC one more time!NYC was great, OF COURSE. It always is. I stayed with Tom a little NE of Brooklyn. He let me crash for the whole time I was there, which was awesome. Got to hang out with Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Aug 22, 2015
- A few weeks on the East Coast: DC again!Had to come to DC for my sister Dana's wedding, so just made a trip of it. Stayed with my friends Lindzay and Yoshi. Helped them with some of their tea making and selling! And it was Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Aug 22, 2015
- Shakedown Flight to NCHaving a plane makes visiting far-flung relatives a bit easier. Instead of a 9 hour, one-way drive to see our son and daughter-in-law in North Carolina, it was a comparatively short 2 1/2 hour flight. That's doable in a weekend; Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Aug 21, 2015
- Feeling hot hot hotWritten by Sam
I'd heard some pretty ordinary things about Vegas, but I tried to keep an open mind. Perhaps there's a lot more to the city than the gambling, I hoped. Maybe there's something that cuts through all the clichès Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- And It Starts With a BangAnd so we are off once again. And before we even get to our 1st destination we get a call from our granddaughter, from our house. She has found Dale’s wallet, complete with cash and his driver’s license, on the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 20, 2015
- Day 11 Flagstaff to Williams via the Grand CanyonWe started our day at about 0830 riding to Cameron where we visited the Cameron Trading Post. It is one of the oldest and is quite good really.
From there we rode to the Grand Canyon National Park at the South Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 20, 2015
- Corporate Travel Hi folks,
I travel frequently for work and always make the most out of my journey when time permits. Just recently, I had a week long stay in Pittsburgh, PA. If you love sports, this town is for you. Posted by Edge61 in First Time | Aug 20, 2015
- 18-19th August
What is a witch? We don't know... but we head to Salem to find out at the Salem Witch Musem.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/90_20150818_113639.jpg thumb=http://photos. Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 20, 2015
- Gallup to Flagstaff, New Mexico to ArizonaIt's 0630 this morning and we're writing yesterday's blog. We were supposed to travel 185 miles but we ended up in the saddle for nearly 11 hours and rode for 306 miles!!!
Instead of stopping at visitor centers we went off Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 20, 2015
- Pre-DepartureHello everyone,
This is where I will be posting photos/updates of my trip. It is the day before my departure and I am so excited/nervous and a whole bunch of other emotions! Thank you to everyone who helped make this Posted by amber.jo in Ireland & The Netherlands | Aug 19, 2015
- Yosemite Sam (and Caroline)Written by Sam, with Caroline’s input
Haven’t had much reception or any power outlets for the last few days, so this will be a big, photo-filled entry.
I’ll start back in San Francisco, where I carried a 10kg box of camping gear Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 19, 2015
- Gila Cliff Dwellings
Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument is one of the least visited national monuments and Curt and I found out why. It is only 44 m Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 17, 2015
- South Beach VS SarasotaI grew up in Miami and will always consider it my home. I never traveled across 'Alligator alley' to see the west coast (of Florida) until I was almost thirty years old in 1982 and this was the beginning Posted by Lauriesam in Sun and Fun in Florida | Aug 19, 2015
- Getting ReadyThe countdown has begun. Will and I leave on Friday afternoon to travel Greece for a couple weeks. The contents of my suitcase are still scattered around my room as I assume they will stay until the last minute. We've Posted by empaustian in Directionally challenged, but never lost | Aug 18, 2015
- Como ir para Manhattan de metrô saindo do JFK?Ao chegar em New York a opção mais barata do aeroporto JFK para Manhattan é o bom e velho metro.
O super shuttle custa 25 dolares por pessoa, taxi por volta de 65 dolare ja com gorjeta e o Uber Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Aug 18, 2015
- Day 9 Santa Fe to Gallup still in New MexicoAfter refueling in Santa Fe we left shortly after 0900. Nine miles outside of Sanat Fe is Nine Mile hill which was a Comanche look out post. Between Santa Fe and Grants are the Pueblos, there are reservations which have Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 18, 2015
- Defeating the CragsLocated in Northern California, Castle Crags is a sentimental attraction for my family. When my husband’s parents got married, their wedding party hiked 3 miles of winding trails, navigated rocky crevices and endured dizzying heights (the elevation is 2,1 Posted by TravelingLush in The Traveling Lush | Aug 18, 2015
- Legend of the FallsOne questions comes to mind when I think about my recent trip to Niagara Falls..."what took you so long?!" I have always taken pleasure in visiting waterfalls. There's something about their strength, beauty and tranquility that I find alluring. My Posted by HappyWanderer in Travel is Good For the Soul | Aug 18, 2015
- 17th August
Sadly we have to leave Quebec and in fact Canada, to begin our journey towards Boston and it's not long before we are back on American soil.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761 Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 18, 2015
- Welcome to our travel blog! Leaving soon!! We are making all of the last minute plans and getting pretty excited. This blog was created so that we could share our trip. You'll be able to see where we are and we will post pictures of Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 13, 2015
- Pre-Trip Shoe TrialWith all the exciting hiking and walking we will do in Europe, (including a planned hut to hut 3 day trek in the Alps, and climbing in The Dolomites of Italy!), we decided new shoes would be a good idea. Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 17, 2015