- 26 Sleepless HoursAfter months of planning and anticipation, the big day finally arrived yesterday. We woke at 4:45 to have plenty of time to get to the airport, as our first flight was scheduled at 9:25. After a cup of coffee at Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Jul 14, 2016
- See You Later, AlligatorFrom the motel, we headed south-east down towards Natchitoches, Louisiana to see one of Louisiana’s alligator parks! We were very excited to get to this point and the park did not disappoint. We saw a live feeding show where pieces Posted by thewellyunit in Will and Kelly Attempt to Adventure | Jul 14, 2016
- Yeeehaww!Hello Again! We weary travellers are now writing on the eve of our last day on the road. We have only just recovered from the realization that we have our entire Eastbound trek to document in print before we return Posted by thewellyunit in Will and Kelly Attempt to Adventure | Jul 14, 2016
- Crescent City to Fort Bragg
Today, we saw the majestic Redwood forests. First we stopped at Redwood national Park, only half hour drive from Crescent city. We walked for a couple hours on trails to marvel at these trees and beautiful forests. Some of the Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 14, 2016
- The Oregon South Coast
Completed the last leg of the Oregon coast today, continuing on highway 101 and finished over the border to California. Spent the morning exploring the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, 50 miles of mammoth dunes and wide beaches that Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 13, 2016
- Chicago bei Nacht[img=http://photos.travell Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 13, 2016
- Who Loves LaLa?
Bazil and I are always on little jaunts to look at something. Now we can take Cousin Carley with us.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 13, 2016
- Chicago - Willis Tower bis Navy PierWillis Tower früher als Sears Tower in 1973 errichtet, war lange Zeit das höchste Gebäude der Welt. Sind heuet noch im Sheed Aquarium und Adler Planetarium gewesen. Auf dem Michigan See mit der fabelhaften Skyline von Chicago fing es leicht Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 13, 2016
- Chicago - erste EindrückeChicago empfängt uns mit strahlenden Sonnenschein und tollen Eindrücken.
Chicago liegt im Bundesstaat Illinois und ist die drittgrößte Stadt der Vereinigten Staaten.
Sind heute am Chicago Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 12, 2016
- Chicago O'Hare - Angekommen Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 12, 2016
- Celebrating the Fourth of July with friends The next stop on our journey was Thousand Oaks, just north of Malibu in the Santa Monica hills. This is not necessarily a typical tourist destination and only made it on our travel map, as this is where my friends Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jul 12, 2016
- Pacific city, Cape Kiwanda to FlorenceContinued travelling down this beautiful coastline. Started the day with a walk up the sandstone cape, a sandy steep climb that offered top views of the sheer cliffs and ocean. We travelled down south, stopping at Depoe bay where everyone Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 12, 2016
- San Diego to RiversideNun geht unsere Reise doch langsam dem Ende zu. Da wacht man dann am morgen auf und denkt sich: Nur noch eine Woche?! Aber diese eine Woche hatte noch sehr viel für uns zu bieten!
Los ging es in San Diego, Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Jul 12, 2016
- Bye bye Mexico & welcome to Southern California Eventually we reached San Felipe and found a nice place at KiKi’s RV Park which featured a palapa on two levels. This allowed us to move our bedroom on the upper level of the palapa for a change. This was Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jul 12, 2016
- Happy Birthday to MeI slept in Ol' '95 on the night of July 9 so I could take a 6 AM flight off Vancouver Island.
There are no hotels close to the Victoria International Airport - which is really in a field about 35 Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 11, 2016
- Astoria to Pacific CityToday we started on our trip down the spectacular Oregon coast, focusing on the north Oregon section. We explored Astoria all morning. The town has a long seafaring history and has many restored Victorian buildings. Being Sunday, the market in Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 11, 2016
- Pack wood to Astoria
Started early and made the trip up to see Mt.St.Helens. An extraordinary landscape that is slowly regenerating after the 1980 eruption. It was equivalent to 1500 atomic bombs with an earthquake that triggered a landslide, covering 360 sq km's. We Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 11, 2016
- The Gradual Slope of Bryce CanyonGreetings from sunny Arizona.
Apologies for the short post from the 4th, we were tuckered out from our explorations of the Vegas strip during the 4th of July festivities (more on that a bit later).
From where we left off:
From our Posted by thewellyunit in Will and Kelly Attempt to Adventure | Jul 10, 2016
- Padre Day 7: Dolphin QuestVi and I had our own plans for today which involved a little bit of shopping and some dolphin watching. Mike wasn't too interested in either so he elected to stick around the condo for a last day of surf Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Jul 10, 2016
- Padre Day 6: Fishing for DinnerWe woke early again this morning to another beautifully sunny and warm day. After another taco breakfast courtesy of Vi, we stopped by the Blue Marlin grocery to pick up lunch for our fishing trip and a fishing license for Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Jul 10, 2016
- Going By Greyhound....[float=left][/float]I am traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah to compete in the [[http://wheelchairgames.org/|National Veterans Wheelchair Games]]. The games will be taking place from June 27th to July 2nd, 2016. This is the 36th Veterans Wheelchair Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jun 21, 2016
- PostscriptStates Traveled Through on the Way Out: 11
States Traveled Through on the Way Back: 12
Total Unique States Traveled Through on this Entire Journey (minus the six that I went through twice): [b][u]17[/u Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 6, 2016
- Strollers, Strippers, and SlotsVegas was hot hot hot! The temperature rose to a balmy 44C as we rolled into sin city. After navigating some bumper to bumper holiday weekend traffic (William the driver was rather tense through this bit) we made it half Posted by thewellyunit in Will and Kelly Attempt to Adventure | Jul 9, 2016
- Surprise Summer Visitor!Today after hearing it's distinctive piercing, high-pitched call, my mom and I tracked down a surprise Broad-winged Hawk sitting in a tree in our front yard! This is a big surprise because usually these birds are found in the deep Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 9, 2016
- Seattle to Mt Rainier National ParkA great day! Said goodbye to Seattle and hit the road, only a couple hours drive to Mt Rainier. Passed historic Mt Rainier steam train at Elbe. What a spectacular area this area is, the entrance is a deep green Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 8, 2016