- Nelson Mandela and ThorIt turns out that today, the day before I am about to leave for South Africa, is Nelson Mandela's birthday. On this day that South Africans (and the rest of the world) are celebrating his birth, I also cannot Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 18, 2014
- Seattle[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/668776/8571FEA42219AC6817985653AA464194.jpg Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 17, 2014
- Provincetown (Cape Cod)This morning Peter and I drove around 3 hours to get to Provincetown on Cape Cod.
On the way in, we stopped at the place where Marconi sent the first trans-atlantic Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 17, 2014
- Day 12: Hanging Out At the House==Hanging Out==
Monday was a relaxing day. It was a day to recoup from the sunburns and exercise from the day before. We enjoyed playing air hockey and foosball in the garage and the kids also enjoyed playing Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 17, 2014
- USA - Denver & Manitou SpringsWe left Yellowstone driving south and spent our first night at a truck stop (!) before driving onto Denver the following day. The truck stops are set up for the long-haul truck drivers, but welcome camper vans. It was well Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jul 1, 2014
- USA - Yellowstone National Park
Just a little higher in Wyoming's north eastern corner is Yellowstone National Park, home to the Yellowstone Canyon, Bears, Wolves, Bison and all sorts of geysers! We camped in the m Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 29, 2014
- USA - Grand Teton National ParkWe drove north out of Utah and the scenery started to change from dry red rocks, to lush green hills. The Grand Teton Mountain range protrudes out of lakes and meadows, a beautiful sight.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/455054/large_Grand_Teton Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 26, 2014
- Getting thereVic headed to Portland on Sunday. I had a 5:00pm flight on Tuesday and had my fingers crossed that the storms forecasted with a polar vortex cold front would not interfere with the plans. I arrived at Posted by Annandvic in Adventures in Oregon 2014 | Jul 16, 2014
- Racing Ghosts & Near Death Laugther[center]It feels very strange to be writing an entry from a place other than sandwiched between two large men in the middle seat somewhere on the back-half of a Southwest flight. Got to L-O-V-E having boarding position C48 every. damn. Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Jul 16, 2014
- Fact: The B in BRIC stands for Babson. Hello and welcome!
My name is Jen Huynh. I am an undergraduate student at Babson College studying in Russia, India, and China this fall. My program is called [[http://educationabroad.babson.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=1007 Posted by jennhuynh in must trust the wanderlust | Jul 16, 2014
- Holliston (Boston) A slow start to the day with some rain around.
I managed to get the Nespresso coffee machine to work (Peter doesn't use it) by looking up the instructions on the internet.
Holliston is just on 50k from Boston & the Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 16, 2014
- The big day
There's something about being in an airport, waiting for your flight. It's a curious combination of anticipation, nervousness, excitement, and... well, boredom. Reilly and Tad were Posted by Dunnie in Exploring our Roots | Jul 16, 2014
- Universal Studios VIP TourOn Friday 11th July, while we were in LA, we decided to go to Universal Studios.
When we got there we decided, on a whim and because we didn't arrive until about 1pm so maybe the ordinary 'front of line' passes Posted by blandy75 in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Jul 16, 2014
- Taking Off!Once again we have been having a great time and time has flown by!
We have spent the last ten days living in a rented loft apartment in 'Venice', which is an area of LA rather like Tooting in that it Posted by blandy75 in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Jul 15, 2014
- Washington - Baltimore - Boston (western fringe)I did yesterday's update before dinner, so a quick post about that.
Victor took me to a Cuban place attached to a petrol station. The food was great.
We went for a walk after dinner as saw pop-tarts being made in Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Last day at the Ranch and towards DenverLast night at the ranch. Tomorrow we drive to Denver, stay overnight Tuesday and then fly out Wednesday evening for San Francisco.
On Saturday evening some friends of Joe's arrived and the party started. There was Gerry and Brenda, Scott Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Anticipation...Well, it's been years since we left our little town and explored the world as a family. Sure, we had a couple of short jaunts to places like Montreal, Toronto, etc., but nothing HUGE. Well, that's about to Posted by Dunnie in Exploring our Roots | Jul 14, 2014
- Death Valley and YosemiteOur first stop after escaping Vegas was Death Valley, infamous for it scorching temperatures (probably not the best place for three day hangover then!).
First stop on entering the valley was Dantes View, a viewpoint high on the west side of Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 14, 2014
- Day 11: Beach Day!==Beach Day! (Sunday)==
We spent the majority of this beautiful, sunny day at Harbor Cove Beach in Ventura, CA. The kids ran straight to the water and splashed into the waves without hesitation. Even Chris and I got into Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 14, 2014
- Day 10: Arches National Park and the Unexpected
Chris is not pleased, not pleased at all, with a certain raven... Poor thing is most likely not alive to scold anymore. Little did it know that enjoying roadkill on the freeway this mo Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 14, 2014
- Seattle Watch Germany finally overcome. Argentina, well worth their win. Then out celebrating on Bill's boat, rubber ringing it on Lake Washington. Followed by salmon cooked in the Green Egg, which ended up a lot dryer, than the time spent on Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 14, 2014
- Seattle[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/668776/248D0B042219AC681726E274F3CCEC12.jpg Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 14, 2014
- DC - bike tour==Sunday==
Afrer another great coffee, I walked down to the National Mall and along it (away from the Capitol building) and then to the Smithsonian for native America - the building has no corners as some Indians thought bad sprits hid Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 14, 2014
- Seattle Margaret arrives in Seattle for the 1st major wine tasting, at the passenger cruise terminal. This is where Washington vineyard owners, and staff showcase their wines and musical talents, by playing in their own winery bands. Much fun with Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 13, 2014
- Wisconsin Trip RecapHello everyone,
This is the post for the past three days, which I have spent on the peaceful Madeline Island in Lake Superior. Yesterday and Friday were rather uneventful, I spent those days practicing, relaxing, and taking in the beauty of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 13, 2014