- The Continuing Search for Rusty Blackbirds...Taking advantage of the extremely mild near 70-degree temperatures today, I continued my ongoing quest for those evasive Rusty Blackbirds at Thatcher Woods. Despite scanning through a flock of 35+ COMMON GRACKLES, I did not find a single other blackbird Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 31, 2014
- Activities before boarding planeThanks to our able chauffeur, Ryan, for driving and depositing us safely at the Trenton train station. The train was blissfully empty, which allowed us to sit across from our fellow passengers, the suitcases. As we arrived at the Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Mar 31, 2014
- Key West, USAToday we went out and explored Key West, known as the Conch Republic. It is a popular seaport for cruiseships so the old town was quite busy. Duval Street is the main street with bars, restaurants and little boutiques. Lots Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | Mar 31, 2014
- Snuggles in SarasotaAl has been missing Sparky
and was thrilled to receive a photo
and a message
"Emmy welcomes her new little brother. Here they are discussing the rules of the "Hodge/Sheedy Household", which are to smile whenever possible and enjoy each day!!! So Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Mar 31, 2014
- Packed to go, and still speakingHere is the luggage. Two 49-pound suitcases (to be checked), one airplane carry-on, and one personal item each. It all looks harmless enough sitting in the house...we shall see how much we enjoy dragging it on NJ Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Mar 31, 2014
- A Good Day of BirdingHi all,
Today was a pretty good day of birding in my neighborhood.
I went on two separate birding bike rides, taking advantage of the relatively warm temps (59 degrees) today, compared to days in the 30s and 40s like I have Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 30, 2014
- My first post!It's my last night in D.C. and we're getting some unexpected snow! Hopefully it clears up by tomorrow.
Richmond, VA, here I come! Posted by muricadave in DC to LA | Mar 30, 2014
- DO Something For YOU[center]The weekend is just about here. What are your plans?
Big ones? Little ones? Whatever it is you decide to do, do it for YOU.
That's my pearl of wisdom of the day. Take it or leave it. There are Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Mar 28, 2014
- Life Bird #641!Today I got an email from my local birding buddy, Jill Anderson, about Wilson's Snipe that were at a local forest preserve.
Later this afternoon, she and her husband Dan picked me up and we drove to Miller Meadow Forest Preserve.
Sure Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 28, 2014
- About Destination - Road TripWelcome to my new blog, Destination – Road trip.
First, about the title. The subtitle should explain it all, “Because the journey IS the destination!” What does that mean?! It means that back in the day, road trips were taken because Posted by Toponym in Destination - Roadtrip | Mar 28, 2014
- Phoenix Day 2 Quick breakfast then back to Cave Creek and Harold's Corral for brunch! Old trading post/ diner popular with country and western fans and bikers! Then drove down to Old Scottsdale about 40 minutes drive which is a smart Posted by Judy Walker in Judy and BIll | Mar 28, 2014
- USA 2014
Arrive safely after a good flight and met by Sharon and Ben.
On Wednesday after a great breakfast we went to Carefree and Cave Creek - 2 small villages in the desert not far from Scottsdal Posted by Judy Walker in Judy and BIll | Mar 28, 2014
- Welcome to our blog!Here is a picture of Holland America's MS Noordam, which will be our home away from home for our retirement odyssey.
Over a period of 33 days at sea, we are scheduled to visit 27 po Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Mar 26, 2014
- Backyard BirdsHi all and welcome back!
I would just like to make a short post mentioning a few good birds I positively identified in my backyard today.
I positively identified (by voice) a very early migrant GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET that was singing its heart Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 25, 2014
- Agave GrillMy fiance took us out for a dinner to Agave Grill, which is a restaurant that serves Mexican food. There wasn't a ton of other people there; just other couples and then 1 group of 6 people. However, we Posted by luckyducky in Glittering Glimpse | Mar 25, 2014
- OUR WAY TO NEW ZEALAND – AN EXPERIENCE!!!!!The time to leave my gorgeous country and say goodbye finally arrived. The time simply flew by - I don’t know where it went. We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend quality time with my family Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Mar 24, 2014
- Coming of AgeWhen I was a child, I wanted to be famous and free. I would dress up in heels twice as big as my feet. I would wear hats and pearls. I spoke eloquently at age 3 and would position my Posted by Miss Kailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Mar 24, 2014
- How to Get to Seattle in 3 Planes & 1 Boat to Nowhere..BadlyWell, 2 false starts, one 9 hour boat trip to nowhere, 7 flights later, here I am alive and well after a trip of epic proportions.
My holiday kicked off in typical Russell fashion with some of the best, thickest sea Posted by Lady-K in Around The World - Trip 2 | Mar 24, 2014
- Arriving in the USAWe arrived in the evening to Miami, exhausted but excited! I called Mum and Dad in the taxi to the hotel and we pretty much crashed as soon as we arrived to the Sheraton. It didn`t really feel like my Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | Mar 23, 2014
- Bataan Death MarchThe Bataan Death March is now checked off the life to-do list and it was hard earned. The alarm went off at 0300 to start our drive to White Sands Missile Range and the start of the race. Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 23, 2014
- New York City AdventuresFlight from Chicago to LaGuardia was easy, even if we did circle a couple of times before we could come in for our landing. Got good views of Manhattan, and then went way down and around, making me wonder for Posted by SurfFromConst in The Others ... Were Blank | Mar 23, 2014
- Thatcher Woods (again) and Miller MeadowToday I tried Thatcher Woods and Miller Meadow again with Jill Anderson in search of Rusty Blackbirds, Wilson's Snipes, and American Woodcocks. We didn't see any of our target birds, and we agreed that our "consolation birds" didn't even make Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 22, 2014
- Lessons to Remember[center]“Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Mar 21, 2014
- Thatcher WoodsHi all,
Today I decided to bike to a nearby preserve called Thatcher Woods to look for Rusty Blackbirds. This is the first birding outing I have taken since I have arrived home from my big trip.
On the bike ride Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 21, 2014
Two posts ago, I wrote that Carys was nearing the end of her ISR swimming lessons. This week she finished and although she doesn't like floating (she is scared of sinking), in her final Posted by dinige in Rowan Family Adventures! | Mar 20, 2014