- Let's Nuke Seattle!The first time I recall hearing about Seattle was in the tremendous (and totally realistic) 1980s film War Games, from which the blog title is taken. Matthew Broderick, a high school computer geek, manages to infiltrate the United States' nuclear Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Oct 1, 2014
- Butte to BeartoothOne of the reasons I wanted to stay in Butte in the Finlen was that I liked the idea of waking up there on my birthday. I also liked the idea of a relaxed start and a slow-paced day. It Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 1, 2014
- Family, Forts and FarmsDay 31 Fort Ashby, WV (No drive day):
We spent the night here at Aunt Connie and Uncle Rich's and awoke to a very special day. We were VIP's at the actual [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ashby|Fort Ashby]] site. Uncle Rich scheduled ahead Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Oct 1, 2014
- Our Big Bike Ride in Yosemite[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/90_145F220597565820B6CF78B3EEE1B32C. Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Oct 1, 2014
- První měsíc za mnou (relativně úspěšně)Drazí přátelé – pozdě, ale přece. S radostí oznamuji, že jsem svůj první měsíc v Americe přežila (snad) bez úhony.
Byl to velice krušný měsíc plný zážitků, stresu a zařizování. Bude to ještě chvíli trvat, ale pomalu si buduju svoje místečko.
Jako Posted by NerdyShipperUST in A Nerdy Shipper Girl's Big Adventure | Oct 1, 2014
- 6 Months DownOn September 29, I finished six months of my trip on the road
I have traveled in 17 states: Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California (3 visits), Oregon (2 visits), Washington (2 visits), North Carolina, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Oct 1, 2014
- The Battle of GettysburgDay 30 Gettysburg, PA to Fort Ashby WV:
Today we had a major history lesson. We toured the Battle of Gettysburg battlefields on a double decker bus! When we arrived at the bus depot, we were told that the Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Oct 1, 2014
- YosemiteIn Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Oct 1, 2014
- Back Home Again in IndianaAs I am [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Wg15vYrpE|Back Home Again in Indiana]], I wanted to visit places I have never been as I journey my way southeast towards Tennessee.
I stopped off to visit my friends Dave and Anna Sees for dinner at [[http://no Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Oct 1, 2014
- Heading East: West Glacier - Butte MTThis was a stint of 350 miles or so. We left the park quite late in the afternoon, planning to stop at Whitefish MT for the night. It was a pretty wee town, with a couple of streets worth of Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Sep 30, 2014
- Driving to BishopIn the morning dad, mum and I went down to the pool for a lovely swim. The water was grea Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 30, 2014
- The FlightWe always feel fortunate when able to fly business class. Special treatment begins with early boarding and who doesn’t like to feel special. We had heard some good things about Air Berlin – all business cabins underwent a reno and Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 14, 2014
- A Week in Napa Valley: It's Wine O'Clock Somewhere (Part 1)California's Napa Valley is famous the world over for its rolling green hills, sun-dappled vineyards, and high-end wines. The Napa lifestyle is a coveted one, featuring exquisite table settings, farm-to-table cuisine, and wine-soaked afternoons.
[img Posted by TTG in Escape From New York | Oct 8, 2014
- Utah & ArizonaWith Denver now in the rear view mirror, we committed ourselves for the long haul to Utah. Our first stop was Arches National Park; a region famous for its natural arched rock formations commonly featured in movies and internet clips
[[http://www.nps.g Posted by camenbrothers in Brothers Wandering | Sep 29, 2014
- Chocolate HeavenDay 29 Allentown, PA to Gettysburg, PA:
Today was full of FUN! We left our campsite right after breakfast and headed to [[http://www.hersheys.com/chocolateworld/|Hershey's Chocolate World]]. The kids were tired of all the BIG city tours so we knew we Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 29, 2014
- More of New YorkGreat breakfast again at the Hampton Inn and a pleasant day. Decided we couldn't leave without visiting the WTC Memorial site. Made our way one block South to the 50st Subway Station. Two return tickets cost $11 Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 29, 2014
- Statue of LibertyDay 28 North Stonington, CT to Allentown, PA:
Today was a long day. We tried to leave somewhat early, but that ended up being 9am. We pulled off for breakfast near Newhaven, CT, got everyone dressed and tried Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 28, 2014
- New York & YonkersSlept remarkably well given our location on 8th Ave. It was certainly busy until after we'd retired. Great complementary breakfast in the Hampton Inn. Clear sky and promise of lots of sunshine. Jenny wanted to attend Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 28, 2014
- Highway 101 Down The West CoastWednesday 30 July
Today was one of the longest days in the car. We left Vancouver at 10am and arrived in Puyallup just after 5pm. The wait to cross the border back into the US near Blaine was Posted by liz.d in Our US & Canada Road Trip | Sep 28, 2014
- Aloha!It's our third day in Hawaii and most of our time so far has gone to lying at the beach. On our first day all we did was lay at beach and float in the waves, and get very sunburnt. Posted by vikingabroad in VIKING ABROAD | Sep 28, 2014
- Southern Charm and Mint Juleps Needing a break from work, I scooped up my mom for a girl's weekend in Natchez, MS.
With visions of Southern gentlemen and beautiful antebellum homes, this town had intrigued me for years. Before the Civil War, Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Sep 27, 2014
- Santa BarbaraThis year for Rob's birthday, we decided to make it a short trip, which started right after we sent Aidan off!
We drove a short distance to Santa Barbara, where we stopped for some amazing food at this British restaurant. Posted by RobJill in Our Travels | Jul 14, 2013
- Madame tusauds [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/90_4768C88608E1E564302191E08CF1D234.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/thumb_90_4768C88608E1E564302191E08CF Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 27, 2014
- Family Feuds and Day 27 Millsborough, ME to North, Stonington, CT:
Well our morning start was rough :(. We had typical family discord and it was crazy in the "Crucible", Old Trustee. It took us until lunch before everyone was back on Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 27, 2014
- Arrived in New York.Our ship slipped into New York and found her berth at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. We had breakfast and vacated the cabin to give the staff a chance to ready it for the next occupant. We found our Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 27, 2014