- Astoria to Pacific CityToday we started on our trip down the spectacular Oregon coast, focusing on the north Oregon section. We explored Astoria all morning. The town has a long seafaring history and has many restored Victorian buildings. Being Sunday, the market in Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 11, 2016
- Pack wood to Astoria
Started early and made the trip up to see Mt.St.Helens. An extraordinary landscape that is slowly regenerating after the 1980 eruption. It was equivalent to 1500 atomic bombs with an earthquake that triggered a landslide, covering 360 sq km's. We Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 11, 2016
- The Gradual Slope of Bryce CanyonGreetings from sunny Arizona.
Apologies for the short post from the 4th, we were tuckered out from our explorations of the Vegas strip during the 4th of July festivities (more on that a bit later).
From where we left off:
From our Posted by thewellyunit in Will and Kelly Attempt to Adventure | Jul 10, 2016
- Padre Day 7: Dolphin QuestVi and I had our own plans for today which involved a little bit of shopping and some dolphin watching. Mike wasn't too interested in either so he elected to stick around the condo for a last day of surf Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Jul 10, 2016
- Padre Day 6: Fishing for DinnerWe woke early again this morning to another beautifully sunny and warm day. After another taco breakfast courtesy of Vi, we stopped by the Blue Marlin grocery to pick up lunch for our fishing trip and a fishing license for Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Jul 10, 2016
- Going By Greyhound....[float=left][/float]I am traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah to compete in the [[http://wheelchairgames.org/|National Veterans Wheelchair Games]]. The games will be taking place from June 27th to July 2nd, 2016. This is the 36th Veterans Wheelchair Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jun 21, 2016
- PostscriptStates Traveled Through on the Way Out: 11
States Traveled Through on the Way Back: 12
Total Unique States Traveled Through on this Entire Journey (minus the six that I went through twice): [b][u]17[/u Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 6, 2016
- Strollers, Strippers, and SlotsVegas was hot hot hot! The temperature rose to a balmy 44C as we rolled into sin city. After navigating some bumper to bumper holiday weekend traffic (William the driver was rather tense through this bit) we made it half Posted by thewellyunit in Will and Kelly Attempt to Adventure | Jul 9, 2016
- Surprise Summer Visitor!Today after hearing it's distinctive piercing, high-pitched call, my mom and I tracked down a surprise Broad-winged Hawk sitting in a tree in our front yard! This is a big surprise because usually these birds are found in the deep Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 9, 2016
- Seattle to Mt Rainier National ParkA great day! Said goodbye to Seattle and hit the road, only a couple hours drive to Mt Rainier. Passed historic Mt Rainier steam train at Elbe. What a spectacular area this area is, the entrance is a deep green Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 8, 2016
- The Art of Passive-Agressive WarfareGood evening from the state where everything is apparently bigger,
Apologies to our humble readership for falling so behind on our updates. We are valiantly attempting to catch up from a Travelodge just outside of Fort Worth, TX.
Anyway, to continu Posted by thewellyunit in Will and Kelly Attempt to Adventure | Jul 8, 2016
- Indiana Dunes State ParkBack to a regular post...yesterday my family and I visited Indiana Dunes State Park. I was hoping to find Cerulean, Prothonotary, and if I was really lucky, maybe my hoped-for life bird Prairie Warbler.
Upon arriving at Trail 2, I immediately Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 8, 2016
- Back to Where It All BeganThe last 14 hours of this journey were uneventful, boring and long. I was so tired and, as easy as it was for me to sleep on the bus going out to Salt Lake, that's how hard it was Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 5, 2016
- Seattle-BainsbridgeA ferry trip today to Bainsbridge, an island just 30 minutes away. Spent a few hours viewing galleries, Window shopping, a bite to eat and walking and learning the towns interesting history of native Indians and then the timber Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 7, 2016
- St. Louis in the Pouring RainMade it to St. Louis, Missouri and we got here pretty close to the scheduled arrival time. It's raining cats and dogs. I have a layover of just about 1 hour and will be transferring to a new Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 4, 2016
- On My Way Back to North CarolinaAnd so, another National Veterans Wheelchair Games has come to an end and it's time to go home to North Carolina.
===Here's the map of the route I will be taking from Salt Lake City, UT to Charlotte, NC, via Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 3, 2016
- Oh, Wy(Oh)ming!This part of my bus journey was, by far, the most enjoyable. I had the front row seat all to myself and a perfect, unobstructed view of all the amazing scenery. Talk about wide open spaces. Wow!
Well, Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 3, 2016
- "the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry"All the way out to Salt Lake City I was able to sleep at night with almost no trouble, at all. Naturally, I expected to be able to do so going back the other way. When I got Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 4, 2016
- Heading Into the Heartland of the USASo, here I am, back in Denver, Colorado. I was supposed to have an hour and a half layover in Denver but, since we had a late start out of Salt Lake, I had less than an hour and Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 3, 2016
Walked down to the bus stop this morning and right before our eyes a major collision, 2 cars sandwiched between a truck and a school bus, luckily no one was seriously injured. A big day of walking, seeing the sites Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 7, 2016
- A Killer 10K Caps Off This Year's Wheelchair Games My final event was the 10K Handcycle Race. There were two very tough up hills that I had to conquer four times in order to complete the race. My time was a little on the slow side, but Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jul 2, 2016
- Colorado Springs 2We were invited to go to the Monument town parade by friends of Judy's from when she lived here. We met them at 8:15 and went to town early to set up a canopy on the route. Thank Posted by 4adventure in Colorado 2016 | Jul 6, 2016
- San Francisco to LAEndlich wieder zurück in wärmeren Gefilden ging es entlang des berühmten Highway No. 1. Unsere Idee war, dass wir auch in Kalifornien an der Küste campen können. Am ersten Tag hat sich dann gleich mal gezeigt, dass das eine Schnapsidee Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Jul 5, 2016
- Coeur d'Alene to Seattle
Spent couple hours this morning walking the lake and Tubbs Hill providing great views of this beautiful lake, pine forests and the worlds longest floating boardwalk that wraps around the marina containing very expensive boats. Onto highway 90 again,con Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jul 5, 2016
- Let the Games Begin!First day of competition. My only event today is the Air Pistol at 7:00 PM so, I have the whole day to relax. I'll be watching and cheering on some of my fellow teammates who have events today. Posted by Linda.Joy in Heading West to Salt Lake City | Jun 28, 2016