- Going to the dogsThe drizzle which had followed us for the last couple of days became steady rain this morning as we docked in Juneau. A quiet morning was spent on board, and after lunch we covered up in wet weather gear and Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 7, 2014
- Ice, Ice, baby!Weather was not looking good as we sailed into Yakutat Bay, heading for the Hubbard Glacier. Cold, foggy, drizzling rain.
Suitably rugged up, we went out on deck to get a good vantage point. Gaynor lasted about Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 7, 2014
- 1st Free Oak Park Bird Walk of the Autumn Migration!Today I led one birder on the first Oak Park Bird Walk of this fall. Before I give the details of the trip, let me just say that there are more of these free walks coming up and they are Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Sep 7, 2014
- Vacation DayDay 9 Black Hills, SD (no travel day)
We decided to take a vacation day! :) We got up late, made pancakes and took in the beauty. We thought it would be best to take a day and rest Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 6, 2014
- A Ship! A ship!
And so it came to pass that after travelling many thousands of kilometers across countless time zones, we finally found ourselves aboard the mighty Celebrity Millenium. The bus trip through the grey drizzle from Anchorage to Seward took two Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 5, 2014
- San Francisco (CDA Presents)Today I tossed aside my typical athletic attire for professional clothing, trading sneakers for heels, and AC's for a heater. This one day foray into adulthood commuting to SF from SJ during early morning traffic made me feel grown up. Posted by SharpExplorers in Sharp Explorers | Sep 5, 2014
- Bon Voyage Seattle! A morning full of hectic last minute preparations and packing finally eased as it was time for la grande adventure to begin. Months in the making, my trip will consist of 10 days of travel across Iceland, Spain, and Portugal Posted by MykelleBelle in Nantes Your Average Adventure | Sep 5, 2014
- Pennsylvania Dutch CountryI had a work assignment in Pennsylvania and since Eric grew up in Lancaster, we decided to go a few days early for a small getaway.
After traveling on Friday, we awoke on Saturday ready to explore. Our first stop Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Nov 6, 2013
- T minus four days!
We're taking bets as to whether or not the bedraggled favorite toy, Schmousie, makes an accidental tour of Africa. Fuss has been known to store a personal artifact or two in our luggage. Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 5, 2014
- Sturgeon Bay, WisconsinI didn't have any [[https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1SFXN_enUS500RU539&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#newwindow=1&q=caviar|Caviar]] here in the home of the sturgeon.
But, I did find a wonderful meat market and bought a piece of meat tha Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Sep 5, 2014
- A konečně proč jsem tady aneb Krátce o studiu a pár postřehůPřestože mám pořád pocit, že jsem na dovolené a tudíž by ode mě nikdo neměl nic chtít, budu si muset začít pomalu zvykat na to, že příjemné chvilky na kampusu a mimo něj budou vykoupeny hodinami školní přípravy.
Můj rozvrh se Posted by NerdyShipperUST in A Nerdy Shipper Girl's Big Adventure | Sep 5, 2014
It always happens before you go, the dreaming.
You are flying, you are driving, you are moving through a different space in a different time, in the unfamiliar.
Yet you recognize yourself Posted by Charloch in Travels With Charley | Sep 5, 2014
- The longest dayWe are now catching our breath in the Westmark hotel, Anchorage. We arrived some time after midnight, following a Thursday which lasted 43 hours, 18 of which were spent on planes. After a couple of hours sleep in Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 5, 2014
- Yosemite National Park (Half Dome)Planning for this was hectic, since I flew back Sunday night (the same day I came back from Sequoia), and left for Yosemite Monday morning. Both of our goals were to stay alive- Eric since he hadn't eaten in Posted by SharpExplorers in Sharp Explorers | Sep 5, 2014
- Lombard StreetLombard Street is at the top of a big hill in San Francisco and i'd be smarter this time, withdraw some cash and cop the $5 fee and get a Cable Car ride up to the top..so i can say Posted by traaxx in The Tricky Trip - USA 2014 | Sep 4, 2014
- Sequoia National Park It took a while to figure out where we wanted to go for Scot's birthday weekend. Yosemite, Bishop creek, and some other parks were mentioned, but the distance eliminated them as options for us weekend warriors. With this being Posted by SharpExplorers in Sharp Explorers | Sep 4, 2014
- Walking the streets of San FranciscoBrian from the Hostel was our host, he used to work in Accounting in one of the big skyscrapers in San Francisco financial district (which he pointed out to us on the tour) but he'd had enough about 3 years Posted by traaxx in The Tricky Trip - USA 2014 | Sep 4, 2014
- Monument Valley National ParkThis was without a doubt the most spontaneous trip of my whole holiday so far, everything else i've done i'd heard about or researched, this national park i didn't know about, i'd actually thought these big rock formations were just Posted by traaxx in The Tricky Trip - USA 2014 | Sep 4, 2014
- One WeekDay 8 Bozeman, MT to Buffalo, WY:
Today was mostly a drive day so you will see that most pictures are us in the RV or beautiful pictures of what we are seeing as we go. Daily, as we drive, Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 4, 2014
There's U.S. territory somewhere down there...
In Hawaii, even the view from a mall parking lot is pretty
[ Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 30, 2012
- Ol' Chevy Gets a RideThe [[http://www.ssbadger.com/|SS Badger]] carried rail cars across Lake Michigan in years past.
Since 1997, it has taken passenger cars as the gull flies to save the time driving across the Upper Peninsula or down south through Chicago.
[img=http://ph Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Sep 4, 2014
- Beer and loafing in LAThe first step of any great journey is the one going out out your front door (somebody else once said that). The next, and much more difficult, step is getting into a taxi to take you to the airport. Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 4, 2014
- On the Tip of the MittenDrove from St Ignace along Michigan's charming towns on the tip of the mitten.
Really, there is no need to go all the way to Mackinac Island. There are charming places such as [[http://www.visitcharlevoix.com/|Charlevoix]] and [[https://www.google.com/s Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Sep 4, 2014
- The Wild WestThursday 3 to 6 July
Our little girl turned 5 today. How time flies! The birthday girl decided to have a sleep-in this morning so we waited patiently to start the celebrations. She was very excited to open Posted by liz.d in Our US & Canada Road Trip | Sep 4, 2014
- Back to serious business!Yesterday, I actually had to attend classes for the first time. And it might surprise a lot of people, but even though I only have four classes there is a lot to do. I have to read four books, write Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Sep 4, 2014