- Taking Off!Once again we have been having a great time and time has flown by!
We have spent the last ten days living in a rented loft apartment in 'Venice', which is an area of LA rather like Tooting in that it Posted by blandy75 in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Jul 15, 2014
- Washington - Baltimore - Boston (western fringe)I did yesterday's update before dinner, so a quick post about that.
Victor took me to a Cuban place attached to a petrol station. The food was great.
We went for a walk after dinner as saw pop-tarts being made in Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Last day at the Ranch and towards DenverLast night at the ranch. Tomorrow we drive to Denver, stay overnight Tuesday and then fly out Wednesday evening for San Francisco.
On Saturday evening some friends of Joe's arrived and the party started. There was Gerry and Brenda, Scott Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Anticipation...Well, it's been years since we left our little town and explored the world as a family. Sure, we had a couple of short jaunts to places like Montreal, Toronto, etc., but nothing HUGE. Well, that's about to Posted by Dunnie in Exploring our Roots | Jul 14, 2014
- Death Valley and YosemiteOur first stop after escaping Vegas was Death Valley, infamous for it scorching temperatures (probably not the best place for three day hangover then!).
First stop on entering the valley was Dantes View, a viewpoint high on the west side of Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 14, 2014
- Day 11: Beach Day!==Beach Day! (Sunday)==
We spent the majority of this beautiful, sunny day at Harbor Cove Beach in Ventura, CA. The kids ran straight to the water and splashed into the waves without hesitation. Even Chris and I got into Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 14, 2014
- Day 10: Arches National Park and the Unexpected
Chris is not pleased, not pleased at all, with a certain raven... Poor thing is most likely not alive to scold anymore. Little did it know that enjoying roadkill on the freeway this mo Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 14, 2014
- Seattle Watch Germany finally overcome. Argentina, well worth their win. Then out celebrating on Bill's boat, rubber ringing it on Lake Washington. Followed by salmon cooked in the Green Egg, which ended up a lot dryer, than the time spent on Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 14, 2014
- Seattle[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/668776/248D0B042219AC681726E274F3CCEC12.jpg Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 14, 2014
- DC - bike tour==Sunday==
Afrer another great coffee, I walked down to the National Mall and along it (away from the Capitol building) and then to the Smithsonian for native America - the building has no corners as some Indians thought bad sprits hid Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 14, 2014
- Seattle Margaret arrives in Seattle for the 1st major wine tasting, at the passenger cruise terminal. This is where Washington vineyard owners, and staff showcase their wines and musical talents, by playing in their own winery bands. Much fun with Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 13, 2014
- Wisconsin Trip RecapHello everyone,
This is the post for the past three days, which I have spent on the peaceful Madeline Island in Lake Superior. Yesterday and Friday were rather uneventful, I spent those days practicing, relaxing, and taking in the beauty of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 13, 2014
- Westward Trip - Bemidji, MinnesotaWhile Flowing Well Campground was a nice place to stop for the night, being beside a river, and raining all night, is apparently the best place to be if you’re a mosquito too! In the morning we were ‘run Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 13, 2014
- Westward trip - Hiawatha National ForestWe are on our way on our western adventure! Packed and ready to go, we set off early Saturday morning, saying goodbye to our 2 sleepy sons who are in charge of holding down the fort while we are Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 13, 2014
- Antelope Canyon[center][/center]
[float=right] Last stop before heading home... Turned out to be one of the most spectacular parks we've seen. Beautiful colorful walls with the morning sun. We made it first Posted by estrellaswan in estrellaswan.adventures | Jul 13, 2014
- Change of plansWell, we are still on the road but we had to change the plan because of the Canadian laws. Some of us were not going to be allowed to drive thru the country, so we have changed our route and Posted by MikesDream in MikesDream | Jul 13, 2014
- Nugent Family VacationThis week my parents and I explored the southwest corner of Colorado in the small town of Durango. We filled our days enjoying the beautiful outdoors whitewater kayaking down the Animas river and through Smelter rapids as well as on Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jul 13, 2014
- Chicago - WashingtonYesterday was sufficiently unexciting that no update was warranted.
I was up early and caught the train to the Chicago Midway airport for the flight to Washington. Southwest Airlines for the third time - it's a good airline. We left early Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 12, 2014
- Another day at the ranch.Today began slowly again and it was just me, Jess, Claire (16) and Caroline (13) (Joes daughters who arrived yesterday from Denver) as all the others had gone to the trailhead to take the horses up for a scheduled Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 12, 2014
- Bester goes to Castro!Today was my last day in the San Francisco hostel in which I had made so many friends. I loaded up on raisin toast and bagel Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 11, 2014
- Days 18-21: The Longest Road to Bison Country
At the crack of dawn on Sunday, we packed up and got the longest drive of the trip underway. We made it from Portland to Yellowstone NP, crossing into the Mountain time zone, in about 1 Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 11, 2014
- Day 9: On the Road Again and Dinosaurs!==Back on the Road==
Today we started our road travels again. We had such a wonderful time with Grandpa and Grandma. They spoiled us the whole time we were there! It certainly was hard to say goodbye.
We drove Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 11, 2014
- Day 8: A Day of Business==Uh Oh, AGAIN!==
Look at what we found AGAIN this morning! (July 10th)
We put the spare back Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 11, 2014
- Corn, a Hospital Visit and Birthday Cake
The annual College football game between the Florida University Gators and the Georgia University Bulldogs is a very popular game, held nearly every year since 1915. It is held in the ne Posted by dinige in Rowan Family Adventures! | Jul 11, 2014
- Las Vegas(See all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/USA%20-%20May%20and%20June%202014/Las%20Vegas|here]]. Password the same as for the blog)
This was my first time in Vegas and man was I excited. A lifetime of sin city Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 11, 2014