- A Month of Ontario & Kentucky[center]As I write this I am jamming out pretty hard to what might be the most random I-Tunes mix this side of the Mississippi. We’re talking Steve Winwood, Eminem, and One Republic, over to Florida Georgia Line, The Naked and Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Nov 22, 2014
- Phoenix NightsI really didn't do much this week so hopefully for all concerned this will be a short post. Phoenix and San Diego weren't expected to be highlights on this trip but they were both interesting in their own way.
The Wikipedia Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Nov 23, 2014
- An other moment on the coast - Tillamook - June 2014
Watching Carolyn getting scared of loosing her Preciousness ! *quite funny* Of course, Tia ended up back on leash...*damn*
One Posted by estrellaswan in estrellaswan.adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- Mabel Dodge Luhan House
On our day trip to Taos, we stopped by the Mabel Dodge Luhan house. I'd heard of writing retreats being held here years ago, as it is a historic inn and conferenc Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014 | Nov 20, 2014
- Round tripping DallasThe Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a very large organization and this blog primarily documents my travel with respect to the three-year long commitment as 2016 President. I am also a member of the much smaller Society of Petroleum Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Nov 19, 2014
- A Fall Food Festival in NYC: Let's Get Grubby It is not often that I have to be talked into attending a food festival. (Indeed, some longtime readers of this blog have hinted that my entire life is a food festival.) But last month, when Angel suggested Posted by TTG in Escape From New York | Nov 19, 2014
- We Seek...Much is made here in Santa Fe about all of the early great artists who call this home.
Georgia O'Keefe holds a particularly special place here and she's an inspiration to us as someone who found a place for herself after Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014 | Nov 18, 2014
- Stepping Out of Bounds in Glacier National Park Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 18, 2014
- Living Like a Victorian SpinsterI stayed at the [[http://theempress.com/the-inn/history/|Empress Bed and Breakfast]]. It is quite magnificent and has an interesting history.
I chose a Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Nov 18, 2014
- Playing TouristWhy do we all flock to the daily marching of the ducks at the [[http://www.peabodymemphis.com/peabody-ducks/|Peabody Hotel]]?
I guess the answer is obvious - they are cute, funny, and not an act you will see in any other hotel.
Just as interesting to Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Nov 17, 2014
- Sandhill Cranes!Hello everybody and welcome back!
Sorry I have not posted in a long time; it seems as though all of my academic and musical obligations have simply gobbled up all of my free time in the past month or two!
A couple Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 17, 2014
- Little Rock and Bentonville, ArkansasI arrived in Little Rock, Arkansas to visit the [[https://www.clintonfoundation.org/clinton-presidential-center|Clinton Presidential Center]]. I was one day late. President Bill was here yesterday with most of his former staff in [[http://www.nytimes.com/ Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Nov 17, 2014
- Stepping Out of Bounds in Glacier National Park: Day 8Day Eight: Y'all come back now, ya hear?
It was our final day. We love the town of Whitefish but never get a chance to spend any time there on our trips to Glacier National Park, so we had opted to Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 17, 2014
- A Taste of the Desert Day 8Our last day. We pack up without ceremony and take off, heading back to Las Vegas to catch our flight. Nestled in the wide, empty flatlands that follows beside us as we drive the long highway, we notice a sign Posted by Yonderlust in Yonderlust | Nov 16, 2014
- Cowboys & IndiansEven though it was just what I needed, after a couple of days in Page spent doing not very much I was starting to feel guilty - it was time to move on.
Much like the person after whom it was Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Nov 16, 2014
- A Taste of the Desert Day 7We woke refreshed, having gained an extra hour of sleep from switching time zones, and gulped down a cold breakfast. Armed with lunches, sunscreen and high energy we struck off for the Rim Trail, a 9 mile trek offering stunning Posted by Yonderlust in Yonderlust | Nov 16, 2014
- A Taste of the Desert Day 6Upon waking, T looks at me and murmurs, “I love waking up in your arms.” The words are bittersweet as today we travel to our last stop on this trip, the Grand Canyon. We both feel the sadness that comes Posted by Yonderlust in Yonderlust | Nov 16, 2014
- The Final Entry... The final part began after we stepped off the ferry in Wellington. It wasn’t the smoothest boat ride I’ve ever had, and we were both definitely feeling the effects (to put it gently). We found a free legal Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Nov 16, 2014
- Stepping Out of Bounds in Glacier National Park: Day 7Day Seven: MMMmmmm.......SPAM. Said no one ever.
Without electricity, waking up in a room at t Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 16, 2014
- 9 months ago...Nearly 9 months ago my best friend Andy returned from his adventure in Southeast Asia. It only look a few day of him living with us to see how much traveling had changed him. Dominic and I had Posted by AlohaInAsia in Aloha In Asia | Nov 16, 2014
- Finde den Alligator...Liebe Daheimgebliebenen,
ich beneide Euch derzeit wirklich sehr um das kalte, nebelige Wetter in Deutschland!
Nein, das ist mein voller Ernst, auch wenn es nicht des Wetters wegen ist, aber ihr werdet nicht von Mücken zerstochen! Die Biester mögen mich Posted by HHDeern in Miami Vice... | Nov 15, 2014
- Stepping Out of Bounds in Glacier National Park: Day 6Day Six: There are no shortcuts to any place worthwhile.
Our destination of the day was Granite Park Chalet and the only way to get to it was to hike 7+ miles. We had a 7:30 a.m. shuttle to catch, Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 15, 2014
- Stepping Out of Bounds in Glacier National Park: Day 5Day 5: The Bear’s Hump – Harder Than Milking a Grizzly, and Half as Fun.
We woke up to the smell of freshly baking muffins and yawned deeply between crisp sheets that had been lined dried and pressed with lavender. The Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 14, 2014
- Stepping Out of Bounds in Glacier National Park: Day 4Day Four: Walk faster. I hear banjos.
Matt and I had a boat to catch, so it was “up and at ‘em” very early. After a breakfast of oatmeal with nuts, brown sugar, and dried fruit and some bacon, we said Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 14, 2014
- Living the high life in NYCWe landed at JFK around 2:30 in the afternoon on Saturday 25th October and by 4:30 we were at our hotel; The Roosevelt on the corner of East 45th Street and Madison Avenue. We hadn’t planned much on our first Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Nov 13, 2014