- Around Uganda in 14 Days Part the two.Aaaaaand back in Jinja. Done. Finito. No mas Pleasure Cruiser.
I took the gal down to the Shell Station car wash so I could give her back in style. I was met with lots of "whooof"'s and "oh my ghud"'s.
Took Posted by sbinnell in Words and Things about Stuff and Places | Jan 23, 2017
- Local Tours Uganda Posted by Mutasa in Local Tours Uganda | Jan 17, 2017
- Around Uganda in 14 Days Pt 1Hellloooooo!
It's been a little spell.
I left you as a wayward sail-less toss-pot with next to no experience with Uganda and I return to you a man!
Let's dive in where we broke off.
I picked up the SuperCustom from Alex last Posted by sbinnell in Words and Things about Stuff and Places | Jan 16, 2017
- Country the SecondSo where did we leave off...?
New Year's I think.
Originally I was going to leave Kisumu on Friday and I DID have a ticket but Dixon had written to say that he was running behind and I know he'd wanted Posted by sbinnell in Words and Things about Stuff and Places | Jan 6, 2017
- Tis the Season to be Hot, Sticky and DustyChristmas in Arua is different to a picture perfect Christmas scene.
Leaves change colour and fall from some of the trees as though it were autumn, but it is dry season, so instead it is sunny and hot. The land Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Dec 28, 2016
- Happy Birthday to You-ganda!Uganda as a nation is only 54 years old, celebrating its birthday on Independence day on October 9th*. The British administration handed over the running of the Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Dec 20, 2016
- Apologies Hi everyone. Things have gone rather pearshaped. On Thursday we went out to spend a day with the boys from the Home school and the older boys from the Transitional home playing a game of soccer, which I lasted about Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 10, 2016
- Day 11. Tuesday 6/12With the shopping squarely out of the way yesterday and life getting back to normal to some degree for AH and the Transitional Home, we headed over to AH office for a time of devotions and a briefing on what Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 6, 2016
- Day 10. Monday 5/12Today was an easier day, actually a nice day. We were to do some painting at the transitional home today, but to allow some time for the home to recover somewhat and to allow the management team to deal Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 6, 2016
- Day 9. Sunday 4/12White Water Rafting on the head waters of the River Nile
Well, I don’t think I have ever gone white water rafting, and definitely not on the river Nile! The name had such a moving effect on me. Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 6, 2016
- DAY 8. Saturday 3/12Visit and serve the Village of Kyerima
After a bad nights sleep due to a humid night leading to a morning storm and an annoying mosquito, we set out early to the AH office to divide the medication and supplies we Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 4, 2016
- DAY 7. Friday2/12Today’s activity involved attending the AH Junior School Graduation day and end of school celebration. As with most things African, apparently time is not the most important factor. Its about the event. I must say this is Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 4, 2016
- DAY 6. Thursday 1/12The plan for today was to visit a school about 2.5 hrs northwest of Kampala, drop off some sports gear that had been collected and donated for them in Australia, and do some painting for them. We had purchased Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 4, 2016
- DAY 5. Wednesday 30/11Visiting the Slums - Providing Medical assistance to residents/Tour of the slums.
As I write this I hear the sound of traffic and a lot of people speaking Luganda, one of the native tongues of Uganda, it still hasn’t Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 3, 2016
- DAY 4. Tuesday 29/11Today we had programmed an easier, friendlier day. We packed our bags and had them transported to the new motel we were staying in, the one we were supposed to be staying in the whole time, except for a Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 3, 2016
- DAY 3. Monday 28/11Well, what a day we had today. I think I was about as far out of my comfort zone as I could be. We met with the team from African Hearts at the office and had a time Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Dec 1, 2016
- DAY 2. Sunday 27/11Well, after a fairly good nights rest, only waking once thinking I was being bitten by mosquito and now going to get Malaria, I went downstairs to a delicious breakfast of freshly squeezed Orange, Mango and Passion fruit juice, a Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Nov 30, 2016
- DAY 1 – Saturday 26/11 Well, with a little fear and a lot of trepidation, I set off to the Brisbane airport with Grace to take our group of flights to visit African Hearts in Uganda via Abu Dhabi and Nairobi. The first Posted by richarddb in My Pilgramage | Nov 30, 2016
- 20. danIzlet do Bunyonyi-ja in nazaj...
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by g.alezek in Amasiko Uganda | Sep 15, 2016
- Blessed are the poor...Since coming back from the UK at the end of July, I (David) have been much more involved with Lifestitches, a project that helps economically empower and provide practical skills to mothers who are unfortunate enough to be living with Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Oct 1, 2016
- 19. danKot rečeno, noč je bila polna živalskih zvokov, ki so tokrat prihajali iz najine kopalnice, medtem ko je Aleš pridno spal v sosednji sobi. Temu primerno je bil tudi štart za jutranji "game drive" zverinski. Ob 6.30 smo se že Posted by g.alezek in Amasiko Uganda | Sep 14, 2016
- 18. danDobrooo jutrooo zveri! Preživeli smo noč v divjini. Med pranjem zob so se priklatili pavijani in prav nemarno preiskali koš za smeti. Eden je našel jogurtov in lonček in ga malo očistil, potem pa samo še grdo gledal in se Posted by g.alezek in Amasiko Uganda | Sep 13, 2016
- 17. danGremo na safariiiiiiiiiiii, woohoo! Včeraj smo bili leni ampak ne tako zelo, da si ne bi poiskali prevoza za v Queen Elizabeth National Park. Naj razložim postopek - najprej nas je želel omrežiti dotični gospod, ki se je pred kratkim Posted by g.alezek in Amasiko Uganda | Sep 12, 2016
- 16. danDopust po Muhavuri. Nič ne bomo napisali. Gremo spat.
Aja, ne, nekaj smo pa le storili. Šli smo en krog po mestu, prečkali (do Posted by g.alezek in Amasiko Uganda | Sep 11, 2016
- 15. danUra je zvonila 5:30. Očke so bile utrujene od prekratke noči. Hitro smo se spakirali in umili zobke. Za zajtrk smo imeli vsak dve maaaajhni banani in toast za posplahnit antimalarike. Malo smo se tepli po glavah, ker si nismo Posted by g.alezek in Amasiko Uganda | Sep 10, 2016