- A Chance MeetingMonday I woke but my body was still fighting me from getting up. I didn't make it to join the 9am meeting Chrissie had asked me to come to but I got there by 10.
I recognized the Agha Khan Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Apr 7, 2016
- Return to RwenzoriI got up early because Joseph, Chrissie's brother, was picking me up at 8:15 so we could attend mass at his church. In the car was his youngest, Briella, whom he said loved to go to church with him. She Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Apr 6, 2016
- A Day of RestSince Friday was so intense and ended at 3am, I made no plans other than to rest on Saturday...especially since I had plans to go to Fort Portal by bus the next day-which I was really dreading...(the ride, not the Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Apr 6, 2016
- Roads? Where We're Going There Are No Roads...
If adventure is what I've been after, adventure is definitely what I got. I got up at 5:30...actually I woke up before my alarm began. I was trying to be ready for pickup so Aludi could make it to work Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Apr 4, 2016
- Murchison Falls National ParkAgain, pictures ASAP...
I was ready to go this morning and waiting for Joseph's 9am pickup. He took me to change some money and we arrived at the office near 10. Aludi had to make sure everyone was paid before we Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Apr 1, 2016
- Humanitarian Aid in GuluI have trouble loading pictures in the time I have with good Internet so they will have to come later...
This morning I was able to take my time getting up as Joseph was picking me up and I told Aludi Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Mar 31, 2016
- Love in Any LanguageIt was a bit hard getting up this morning...but I still got ready by 9am as I was asked. However, today being the first day back after a holiday, my pickup ended up being delayed so I could catch up Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Mar 31, 2016
- Easter MondayMy hotel, Unik Hotel, for 82,000 Ush/night (24.40 USD):
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/556934/90_20160328_094 Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Mar 30, 2016
- Happy Easter!For my atheist friends, please bear with me as I indulge in my faith for a few moments...
First of all, Happy Easter to those who celebrate. Apologies if I missed sending love for Passover to those who share this Posted by Peliroja in CONTACT Uganda 2016 | Mar 28, 2016
- We'll Pay For ThatWhen we arrived at the airport in Entebbe on Thursday we really had no idea what we were in store for. How long the commutes could be, how wonderful the lodge would be, how much we would actually love sleeping Posted by ellie nicole in Missing Link in the Mist | Jan 25, 2016
- Bush WhackingI am not sure how you can really ever top seeing the gorillas for the first time. It was an intense experience and realizing how special it is to have been able to get that close to them is still Posted by ellie nicole in Missing Link in the Mist | Jan 25, 2016
- SpottedThe jungle is a special place. I didn't always think so; when I was 14 with my parents in Iquitos (Peru), sleeping under a bug net and having sheets damp from the forest mist was met with nothing short of Posted by ellie nicole in Missing Link in the Mist | Jan 23, 2016
- Hurry Up...and WaitBonjour!
After a lovely (much needed) sleep and an absolutely perfect breakfast (Fresh pineapple, paper thin crepes with PB&J, eggs over easy and fresh avocado)- Karibu Guest House gets a big win from us.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/457390/ Posted by ellie nicole in Missing Link in the Mist | Jan 21, 2016
- 26 Hours and Counting
We knew that taking off after the busiest weekend of our lives might be a touch stressful. After getting home from our wedding on Monday and scrambling to pack to leave Tuesday morning- was Posted by ellie nicole in Missing Link in the Mist | Jan 20, 2016
- Bwindi Impenetrable; UgandaThis was the third day of my trip meaning it was my last, now because I had taken a lot of my time to get to know the people and community of Uganda I decided that I would take the Posted by anicolson20 in Adventure of a lifetime | Dec 1, 2015
- Religion and Education; UgandaI got up early on a Sunday morning as it marked my second day in Uganda. I decided to visit the church that I had walked past yesterday within the village, this was called the Rubaga cathedral, The church had Posted by anicolson20 in Adventure of a lifetime | Dec 1, 2015
- Lifestyle of the Local; UgandaAs I entered Uganda I was beyond shocked by the whole essence of the country, just by comparing the whole lifestyle to the one back “home” gives you a sense of how dynamic this world is. My first stop was Posted by anicolson20 in Adventure of a lifetime | Nov 29, 2015
- Week 19: Kampala, Uganda/Dubai/Saudi ArabiaWeek 19: Kampala, Uganda/Dubai/Saudi Arabia
Friday 21st-Thursday 27th November
Fri 21 Kampala
Quiet day, washing (looking forward to an automatic machine in Saudi I hope! It's a satisfying job but a big one, even trying to do a little bit each day. Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Nov 30, 2015
- Week 18: Uganda: Kabale/KampalaWeek 18: Uganda: Kabale/Kampala
Friday 14th-Thursday 20th November
What a day!
It started out tame enough, woke to roosters crowing, helper sweeping, uncle chatting to someone, sun coming up. Tap tapping on the window? a small white-fronte Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Nov 21, 2015
- Week 17: Uganda: Kampala/Queen Elizabeth Nat. Pk/KabaleWeek 17: Uganda: Kampala/Queen Elizabeth Nat. Pk/Kabale
Friday 6th - Thursday 12th Nov
Now ten hours behind NZ apparently.
6ish am Woke to roosters crowing in distance, music playing again, street starting to wake up. Armed guard leaning Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Nov 18, 2015
- The Devil's in the DetailsI have spent a lot of my past eight months figuring out how to improve the treatment of children with severe pneumonia in Uganda. One of the biggest gaps we identified relatively early on was the lack of or insufficient Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Aug 31, 2015
- Quiz ShowAfter we had hosted the last time in May, a lot of us were actually not too sad, when we managed to win the pub quiz on Jul 16 and had to host again.
In a very collaborative effort, where nobody Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Aug 2, 2015
- Bound for Manila aboard the USS President ClevelandThe month of June, 1970 really started for me on a runway at Logan International when our plane blew out two tires during takeoff. It ended in a hot, airless Customs building on a dock in Manila, where an Posted by Allerton in Carpe Viewem | Jul 27, 2015
- 'Meat' the wifeIt’s a Saturday and it is a momentous day for Richard. In his words, he is going to buy a wife…!
I have turned up in the car at Richard’s village home to pick up a group of men who Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Jun 29, 2015
- Dirty DancingOne of perks of working for CHAI, is that we get two vouchers per week for Kabira Country Club, definitely the best sports facility in Kampala with courses, the on own accords biggest and best equipped gym in East Africa, Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Jun 20, 2015