- Crimean Adventures Anthology10 лет назад мне впервые довелось сходить в настоящий поход.
10 лет назад мы в первый раз зашагали по крымским горам, нагруженные рюкзаками с палатками и запасом еды на пять походных дней.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/431261/large_3-4_copy.j Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Feb 22, 2013
- Odessa, I wish we got to know eachother betterGoing through the Ukraine, I had two options. Travel eastward through Lviv and onto Slovakia. Or, travel south through Odessa and to Romania. I chose the latter.
So I arrive at the Odessa on a bright Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 10, 2012
- Wandering around KievSo its my first free day in Kiev. This is how I like it, this is what I was born for. To wander around the streets and soak up whats around me. And Kiev is quite a Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 9, 2012
- Yes, that is me with an AK-47So day two in Ukraine. When I was looking around for tours to see the Chernobyl site, I found a tour company that struck my interest with something completely unexpected to me. Going to a shooting range and Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 9, 2012
- 'Sup Ukraine?In my life long quest for global domination, ok, I'll settle for global participation, I have now trekked to Eastern Europe. Its kind of sad that I only get to travel a few weeks a year, but having a Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 8, 2012
- Crimea, southern mountainsОсенний Крым, скалолазный выезд.
Гора Сокол близ Судака в тёплое время года никогда надолго не остаётся без внимания альпинистов. Слишком уж заманчивы каменные грани этой пирамиды, эти пять секторов с маршрутами восхождений – западная сторона, юго-западн Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Nov 29, 2012
- Episode 11: Moscow to Kiev
Moscow to Kiev - 21 September 2012
She Who Barks; crossing the border; fishy stuff; a summary of wonderful sights; Trypillian culture and a new best friend
Boy did I get Ms Snarfy Pants as a provodnitsa (the carriage attendent Posted by IvaS in Overland Ulaanbaatar to Seattle | Oct 1, 2012
- Ukraine, KievUkraine, Kiev
While in Ukraine I made a stop at The National Museum of the Great Patriotic War. This is a memorial complex is a reminder of the German-Soviet War that took place in the southern outskirts of Kiev between the Posted by Alex94 in Europe Trip | Sep 11, 2012
- Exploring Kiev without the Euro FeverWe woke up the next morning with a bit of a hang over and took a closer look at our hostel. The place was actually really nice and offered lots of information on great cultural things to do in Kiev, Posted by dariusz in Indulging the Wanderlust | Sep 3, 2012
- Kiev Football FeverThrough some lucky coincidence I logged in one day to the UEFA resale web site and saw that there were 1st class tickets available for the Ukraine opening game in Kiev. The first ever Euro Cup game on Ukraine soil, Posted by dariusz in Indulging the Wanderlust | Aug 29, 2012
- KievMy train to Kiev was smooth and effortless, although I didn't have a great night sleep. When I arrived in Kiev at 6:40 in the morning I was buggered. I made my way to my lovely clean modern hostel and Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Aug 26, 2012
- Ride into Lviv 52kmI set my alarm on my phone to wake me up at five so I could ride into Lviv as early as possible this morning. However a combination of total exhaustion from the day before coupled with the early Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 21, 2012
- Babyn – Khreniv 191kmToday was another long yet productive day on two wheels. I was desperate to find a gas station in the morning so I could check all the football scores and download the podcast reaction to all the games. Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 21, 2012
- Zhytomyr - Babyn 174kmThe sun comes up much later in the morning these days which makes getting out of bed or the tent in this case much harder. My new sleeping mattress went down a treat and just made it even harder Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 21, 2012
- Kiev - Zhytomyr 134kmAs per usual when I stay at somebody’s house I always plan for an early start but this never ever materializes. I woke up this morning around eight thirty and noticed a cup of tea next to my Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 20, 2012
- One more day in KievI decided to stay an extra day in Kiev, I didn't feel as if I'd really seen all of what I wanted to see yesterday.
I was partly persuaded by a dinner the previous evening. As I mentioned in my Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 20, 2012
- LvivI was very excited to finally be heading to the Ukraine. It has always been a country of fascination to me and somewhere I have been determined (and at times slightly hesitant) to go to at some point in my Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Aug 19, 2012
- KievUnfortunately it's been a rather rain affected three days here in Kiev but nevertheless it's not deterred me from enjoying myself and for the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually been able to unwind.
It's funny Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 16, 2012
- Ukraine, Part 2Being in Dnepropetrovsk was an interesting expirience. My family emigrated from Dnepropetrovsk one month before I turned two in 1995. We left under the status of refugees due to religious persecution experienced under the Soviet Union.
[center][img=ht Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Aug 15, 2012
- Ride to Kiev 150kmThe first thing that struck me this morning when I woke up was how much colder it was, I guess what with it now being nearly mid autumn I should expect the mornings to be a little more on the Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 15, 2012
- Reshetylivka - Pyriatyn 158kmAs one might expect having ridden well over 200 kilometers yesterday I had the deepest of deep sleeps last night and woke up this morning feeling awesome. There was a little rain shower during the night but the warm Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 14, 2012
- Kharkiv - Reshetylivka 218kmI decided the night before that I would get up at the same time as Pavel in morning and wasn’t at all deterred when he said he usually wakes up at 5 a.m. I find it’s always good to Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 13, 2012
- Kharkiv[i]I’ve been out on the road for the last few days and haven’t really had time to catch up with my blog. At the time of writing I’m in Kiev so what follows is a very brief summary of Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 13, 2012
- Ride to KharkivSurprisingly I wasn’t overly tried when it finally came to setting off from Belograd. I took advantage of the lack of traffic and rode around the city taking some snaps and in particular of the impressive square in the Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 9, 2012
- Ukraine, Part 1After Israel, the next stop of my journey was Ukraine - my motherland. Before I left Israel, however, airport security confiscated my Dead Sea bath salts. I don't know why they wouldn't let me take them on the plane, perhaps Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Aug 3, 2012