- Chernobyl - the most exotic tourist destination 2014I come from one of those countries where you don't have much to brag about. What the hell, most people don't even know where Ukraine is. But we there is one thing in Ukraine which was named [b]The most exotic Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 6, 2016
- Into Every Life
St. Michael's Monastery in Kiev, Ukraine
It is only appropriate that I am looking out my 13th floor window, watching a beau Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 28, 2015
- Dream Castle
Kamiya nets-Podilsky, in all its glory
It took two, stifling, sweaty bus rides to get here, but as I stood on a hill overloo Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 26, 2015
- Couple Days in Kolomyya
A painting from the museum of Hutsul couture and art in Kolomyya, Ukraine
The whole point of adding Kolomyya to my itinerary Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 24, 2015
- On the Sixth Day, Rest was Decreed
Rural Ukraine is known for its wooden churches
I awoke tired and sore from yesterday's Carpathian Mountain hike. I slept in Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 23, 2015
- To the Mountaintop and Back
Jelly donut, or not? When you read how far I hiked, you decide
All my friends know I'm a big history buff, and expect that w Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 22, 2015
- One Day to Lviv
Rynok Plaza, Lviv's central square, in the morning
This might be my one and only day to see the sights of Lviv, Ukraine's mo Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 21, 2015
- Diary From Chernobyl
This was supposed to be Day 3 of my trip, but with the cancelled flight, my day trip to Chernobyl would be the very next morning after I ar Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 19, 2015
- Easing my First Day in Kiev
It took two tries, but I finally made it to Kiev. On my first day, my flight from Columbus to New York was cancelled. I spent two hours on Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 18, 2015
- Heading to Ukraine tomorrow...!
I had always called Ukraine "The Ukraine." Not sure why...maybe I just heard it referred to that way more than once. However, I learned during my research that it is just "Ukraine"...kind o Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 14, 2015
- Babi Yar MassacreStarting from September 29 of 1941, the Nazi army began the mass murder of 100,000 people at a death pit known as Babi Yar in the city of Kiev, Ukraine. The story traces the sequence of events that led to Posted by Carl Sanchez in Paul Reveere Blog | Jul 6, 2015
- Days with NikitaNikita is a brave young boy, who hitch hiked back from Norilsk to Moscow with only a few hundred rubles in his pocket. I met him on several days, when we both walked around in the city and he invited Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Apr 12, 2015
- The first blackout and rain.....Rain already since my arrival.......
Today, in Odessa, experienced the first black out of my trip. The streets are completely flooded. Decided to go to the city center by taxi and enjoy wifi and several cappuccinos to arrange the blog, hotel Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Apr 7, 2015
- Cultural passport stampsThat very first moment of entering a country........ The way in which custom officials put the stamps in your passport says a lot already about the culture of the country.
A Brazilian takes a random page of your passport and puts Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Apr 6, 2015
- Mother of All Evidence Posted by Carl Sanchez in Paul Reveere Blog | Jun 24, 2014
- Tour of Chernobyl and the abandoned town of PripyatI arrived in Kiev, Ukraine, to research scenes for my upcoming spy thriller The Pyongyang Option. As part of this research, he toured the damaged Chernobyl nuclear power station complex, coming within 100 meters of the infamous reactor No. 4 Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | May 18, 2013
- A Teensy-Weensy FavorWe hate to ask much more of you. You have helped us survive this adoption more than you might know. Your kind words, emails, Skype chats, facebook messages, and comments carried us through the hard days. We have Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Aug 4, 2014
- WE ARE COMING HOME!!!The depth of our elation is beyond words. But we will give it a shot anyway. ;)
Yesterday was a free day in Kiev. We took the kids to an indoor play area at a (sorta) nearby mall Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Aug 4, 2014
- Back in KievWe made it back to Kiev this morning, and right now this is going on in our apartment.
We boarded the train this morning at 7:23 a.m. This is the only picture I got Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Aug 2, 2014
- Our FamilyYa know how we told you we were getting the kids out of the orphanage on Friday? Well, we lied. We got them out today. Surprise!!! :)
Their last picture at the orphanage:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/677365/86204AB52219AC68178A05CCE7A1E78 Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 31, 2014
- A Brief Walk Through Time (i.e., Kid Pics Galore)And we mean REALLY brief. We've been taking tons of pictures of the kids since we arrived in Kharkiv. We thought we would go back and share with you some of the earlier pictures (from the second day Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 30, 2014
- Paper Work DayYesterday we paper chased. Wow, what a long day!! We started at 8:00 am and finished about 4:30 pm, without stopping and without food.
The first thing we had to do was to change the kids's birth certificates. Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 30, 2014
- Back in UkraineWe are back in Ukraine! Sorry to leave you all hanging this past week. We decided to leave the laptop and blogging behind while we were in Turkey. We are still transferring and organizing our pictures from Turkey. Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 28, 2014
- We're Going on a Trip!Kind of a weird statement considering we've been in Ukraine for over a month. We've decided to take a week long trip to Turkey. More specifically, we are heading to an all-inclusive resort in Kemer, Turkey, which is Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 19, 2014
- Let the Pictures TalkHere are a bunch of random pictures from the past two days. A flavor of our times in Ukraine.
My celebratory lunch yesterday:
Anna Claire being a goof ball. Two minutes later she mana Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 18, 2014