- Our last days in Ukraine
After spending a month in Nikolaev, it's time to go to Miami!
The temperature went from being about 5° during the day, to -2° in the evening.....and then for the last few days it has been lowe Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | Jan 24, 2014
- Festivities in Ukraine Here are some of our photos from Christmas!
We celebrated Christmas `Australian Style`, we ate prawns, I made a cake from a recipe out of Womens Weekly, and I made roasted Chicken with baked Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | Jan 20, 2014
- Vertical weekend. CrimeaСнова октябрь, снова скалолазный выезд в Крым с СТК "Одесса" и командой [[http://tracking.org.ua/|Extreme guide]]. В прошлом году свою вертикаль под наши скальники и френды подставляла [[http://eugene-b.travellerspoint.com/52/|гора Сокол]], в этом сезоне Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Nov 13, 2013
- Episode 13: Kiev to LvivEpisode 13: Kiev to Lviv 25 September 2012
Buying a train ticket, a caffine high, a stroll through the dead
Lviv should be shrouded in cotton wool and stored on a planet uninhabited by most of humanity so that it Posted by IvaS in Overland Ulaanbaatar to Seattle | Sep 4, 2013
- Glow in the Dark PiggiesSo the piggies decided to do a tour of Chernobyl and Pripyat because they wanted to see if they could glow.
They didn't last night but they definitely were doing weird things to the detector at the airport this morning. Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jul 2, 2013
- A Boaring Post of KievSo, due to some pretty ridiculous transportation problems, I'll barely have anytime in Kiev. Which is okay, because Lviv was amazing and it's going to be hard to top it. Starting my travels off with a high note...
So, totally sleep Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jun 30, 2013
- Getting Weird in LvivAll I can say about my time in Lviv so far is that it is weird. And anyone who knows me knows I love weird. So basically I love this place and I love Ukraine.
It's not easy to get Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jun 29, 2013
- Crimean Adventures Anthology10 лет назад мне впервые довелось сходить в настоящий поход.
10 лет назад мы в первый раз зашагали по крымским горам, нагруженные рюкзаками с палатками и запасом еды на пять походных дней.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/431261/large_3-4_copy.j Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Feb 22, 2013
- Odessa, I wish we got to know eachother betterGoing through the Ukraine, I had two options. Travel eastward through Lviv and onto Slovakia. Or, travel south through Odessa and to Romania. I chose the latter.
So I arrive at the Odessa on a bright Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 10, 2012
- Wandering around KievSo its my first free day in Kiev. This is how I like it, this is what I was born for. To wander around the streets and soak up whats around me. And Kiev is quite a Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 9, 2012
- Yes, that is me with an AK-47So day two in Ukraine. When I was looking around for tours to see the Chernobyl site, I found a tour company that struck my interest with something completely unexpected to me. Going to a shooting range and Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 9, 2012
- 'Sup Ukraine?In my life long quest for global domination, ok, I'll settle for global participation, I have now trekked to Eastern Europe. Its kind of sad that I only get to travel a few weeks a year, but having a Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 8, 2012
- Crimea, southern mountainsОсенний Крым, скалолазный выезд.
Гора Сокол близ Судака в тёплое время года никогда надолго не остаётся без внимания альпинистов. Слишком уж заманчивы каменные грани этой пирамиды, эти пять секторов с маршрутами восхождений – западная сторона, юго-западн Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Nov 29, 2012
- Episode 12: Moscow to KievMoscow to Kiev - 21 September 2012
She Who Barks; crossing the border; fishy stuff; a summary of wonderful sights; Trypillian culture and a new best friend
Boy did I get Ms Snarfy Pants as a provodnitsa (the carriage Posted by IvaS in Overland Ulaanbaatar to Seattle | Oct 1, 2012
- Ukraine, KievUkraine, Kiev
While in Ukraine I made a stop at The National Museum of the Great Patriotic War. This is a memorial complex is a reminder of the German-Soviet War that took place in the southern outskirts of Kiev between the Posted by Alex94 in Europe Trip | Sep 11, 2012
- Exploring Kiev without the Euro FeverWe woke up the next morning with a bit of a hang over and took a closer look at our hostel. The place was actually really nice and offered lots of information on great cultural things to do in Kiev, Posted by dariusz in Indulging the Wanderlust | Sep 3, 2012
- Kiev Football FeverThrough some lucky coincidence I logged in one day to the UEFA resale web site and saw that there were 1st class tickets available for the Ukraine opening game in Kiev. The first ever Euro Cup game on Ukraine soil, Posted by dariusz in Indulging the Wanderlust | Aug 29, 2012
- KievMy train to Kiev was smooth and effortless, although I didn't have a great night sleep. When I arrived in Kiev at 6:40 in the morning I was buggered. I made my way to my lovely clean modern hostel and Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Aug 26, 2012
- Ride into Lviv 52kmI set my alarm on my phone to wake me up at five so I could ride into Lviv as early as possible this morning. However a combination of total exhaustion from the day before coupled with the early Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 21, 2012
- Babyn – Khreniv 191kmToday was another long yet productive day on two wheels. I was desperate to find a gas station in the morning so I could check all the football scores and download the podcast reaction to all the games. Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 21, 2012
- Zhytomyr - Babyn 174kmThe sun comes up much later in the morning these days which makes getting out of bed or the tent in this case much harder. My new sleeping mattress went down a treat and just made it even harder Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 21, 2012
- Kiev - Zhytomyr 134kmAs per usual when I stay at somebody’s house I always plan for an early start but this never ever materializes. I woke up this morning around eight thirty and noticed a cup of tea next to my Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 20, 2012
- One more day in KievI decided to stay an extra day in Kiev, I didn't feel as if I'd really seen all of what I wanted to see yesterday.
I was partly persuaded by a dinner the previous evening. As I mentioned in my Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 20, 2012
- LvivI was very excited to finally be heading to the Ukraine. It has always been a country of fascination to me and somewhere I have been determined (and at times slightly hesitant) to go to at some point in my Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Aug 19, 2012
- KievUnfortunately it's been a rather rain affected three days here in Kiev but nevertheless it's not deterred me from enjoying myself and for the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually been able to unwind.
It's funny Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 16, 2012