- An Evening in Al Ain and a Christmas BazaarAfter a nice rest we decide to go for a walk in the beautiful park across the street from the hotel. It's a beautiful, green, spacious park with fountains, landscaped areas, playgrounds and walking paths. Nothing is done on a Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 16, 2013
- Al Ain, The Oasis City of Abu DhabiOn Thursday, we sleep late (for us), enjoy a leisurely breakfast before packing and getting on the road by 9:30. We're driving to Al Ain for a day of sightseeing and spending the night there as well. Chaz is taking Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 16, 2013
- Lunch OutChris Corcoran, Chaz's boss' wife, has emailed me to welcome me back to Abu Dhabi. This year Chaz and I have arranged a cell phone for me (remember our fiasco of trying to do that last year?) and she calls Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 15, 2013
- Daily Life in Abu DhabiI've arrived on Thursday evening and Friday begins the weekend. Friday is the holy day for Muslims. Most stores do not open until after lunch as Muslims spend the morning in prayer. But late afternoon every day is when folks Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 15, 2013
- Travel and Settling InMy last day in the States was spent at the office! It's amazing how difficult it is to clear every item from your desk. But after 5 hours, Success! Lunch, final packing and lots of hugs to Molly and Sweetie Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 14, 2013
- Burj Khalifa - برج خليفةMy final stop before flying out from Dubai was at the Burj Khalifa. The tallest building in the world!
It is 829m tall, with an observation deck on the 124th floor.
Mum booked for us to go over two weeks in advance Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 28, 2013
- Almost there...After 12 months of planning, our journey has finally begun. We spent the last week in Newcastle and Sydney catching up with family and friends and of course saying goodbye to Maple - a very sad occasion (Massive thanks to Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Nov 26, 2013
- Al AinI stayed over 2 weeks with mum and Wayne in their town of Al Ain.
Although it's the third largest city in UAE with 500,000 people it feels smell after Dubai and almost rural.
Places like the local car repair Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 22, 2013
- Dubai and Mum!After over two years apart I was off to see my mum in Dubai!
She has been living with her kiwi partner Wayne in Al Ain. About 2 hours away from Dubai.
We met at the airport and stayed in a Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 22, 2013
- DubaiAt the time of booking our one way trip to Düsseldorf, it seemed like a good option to have a stop on the way in Dubai. However, after checking in 8 bags at Tullamarine, and only about 30kg overweight Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Nov 9, 2013
- Weary travellers A carpet picnic and snooze between flights ... Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Oct 27, 2013
- the final leg......hi all, last you heard I was on my way to gay Paris.... Well that has been and gone and now I am on my 2nd day in Dubai....
Paris was an experience... A big city with the normal hub Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 30, 2013
- Sydney - DubaiWe had dinner with Vic and Pam before heading out for our early morning flight.
The alarm beeped at 2.30 to signal time to get our act together for our flight.
We were met at the Formule 1 by our 71 Posted by Saussi67 in UK and Europe 2013 Paul and Shaz | Sep 28, 2013
- London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi - Saturday, 30 April 2011[center][/center]
This is the air traffic control tower at Abu Dhabi airport. Isn't it just the coolest thing you've ever seen?
Our flight from Sydney (14 1/2 hrs) left Abu Dhabi at 10.15 a Posted by gaddingabout in London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi | Sep 28, 2013
- London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi - Friday, 29 April 2011Slept in today - we need it! The bed and pillows are just fantastic. We finally got to breakfast at 9.30 am and it was packed. Everyone was there. They were all sleepy heads like us.
We Posted by gaddingabout in London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi | Sep 28, 2013
- London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi - Thursday, 28 April 2011Flew 7 1/2 hours through the night to Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates. The time went pretty quickly and the plane was only two thrids full. The hotel, the Radisson Blu, and our Posted by gaddingabout in London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi | Sep 28, 2013
- We'll ask lost property[float=left][/float]Arrived in Dubai – body clock totally confused by now. Started exploring the duty free (very expensive). Then mum noticed that she didn’t have her handbag – “ah yes its und Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Sep 9, 2013
- Atlantis8th September 2013 - Dubai
We start our first morning in Dubai with a great breakfast in our hotel - Suites Novotel Mall Of Emirates. It is a buffet but with one cooked option as well. Ethan & I chose the Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 9, 2013
- We're in the air1.00am Saturday 7th September 2013
We are sitting waiting to board our flight. We got the last airport bus and it arrived at 10pm. Note to self for next time - no matter the cost, get a room, or get Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 9, 2013
- Photos from Dubai here are some of the photos from our first day Posted by Evereberose in My holiday | Aug 28, 2013
- The first day in DubaiIn Dubai we are staying in a hotel called
Atlantis. It is humongous! Have a look at it...
We have been swimming and eating, looking at the aquarium and today has been a real hit!
We miss you all! Please comment!
From Eve Posted by Evereberose in My holiday | Aug 28, 2013
- Dubai-ShanghaiAccording to my sleepless traveling self, I read my boarding pass to say that I boarded the plane at 08:50 so S got up early to take me to the airport in the beautiful car. AW snuck up on Posted by Peliroja in Trans-Siberian Railroad + Eurasian Tour | Aug 19, 2013
- Tag 13Dubai alt und neu Posted by FEgoesMAURITIUS in FE goes MAURITIUS | Jul 17, 2013
- Tag 12Ausflug nach Abu Dabi
Höchste Aussichtsplattform der Welt Posted by FEgoesMAURITIUS in FE goes MAURITIUS | Jul 16, 2013
- Tag 11Wüstensafari Posted by FEgoesMAURITIUS in FE goes MAURITIUS | Jul 15, 2013