- Dubai, UAEWe arrived in Dubai at noon. The city is like a fantastic mirage rising from the sea.
The architecture is very modern, almost space age. Like in Oman, the rewards o Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 27, 2014
- Off Again
We are going home today. Can't wait. We had about 4 hours last night when in Abu Dhabi. Stayed in the Premium Inn where we stayed on the way over. I finally went to sleep, and then it was nearly Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Jun 12, 2014
- Brekkie in DubaiAh the worst thing about plane travel......the lag! Anyway arrived in Dubai on what was one of the most awesome flight experiences yet....the A380 is something else. Looking for a quick connection but alas here I sit and yes....ladies and Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | May 12, 2014
- Off AgainHad our breakfast in the hotel Restaurant this morning and feeling quite normal (as normal as possible).
walked across the road and put our bags in and the sitting at the airport waiting for the plane to take us Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 10, 2014
- When West meets EastHello World
Nun ist sie vorbei. Meine unglaubliche Reise um die Welt. Schon eine ganze Woche bin ich wieder zurück in der kalten und nassen Schweiz. Ich vermisse die Sonne und das heisse Klima Australiens sowie mein tägliches Bad im Meer. Posted by RealJourney in REAL JOURNEYS | May 4, 2014
- Day 13We spent most of today on the Hop On Hop Off Big Bus tour and finished up back at Dubai Mall for our evening meal before heading back to the airport for our overnight flight to the Seychelles.
The bus tour Posted by JenBuckley in Indian Ocean | Apr 30, 2014
- Day 12After an early breakfast we caught the speedboat back to Male airport and flew to Dubai. Although the temperature is the same the humidity is much lower here making the heat more tolerable especially when you need to keep your Posted by JenBuckley in Indian Ocean | Apr 30, 2014
- Zonked out...Nothing like a 14 hour flight & a bit of duty free shopping at 2:30am to tucker you out. Bye Dubai, hello Paris![img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/A70D68C92219AC6817F39C69F336E86E.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/thumb_A70D68 Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | Apr 18, 2014
- Day 29 - At sea heading towards SalalahStill sick, Christine stays in the cabin all day, leaving twice, once to visit the doctor and then later for something to eat. She has antibiotics but is advised to keep taking the Lemsip, strepsils, aspirin and panadol as well Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 16, 2014
- Day 28 - At sea moving away from DubaiWith Christine sick in bed, Kay went to the talk on Aqaba in the Palladium Theatre with Raymond and Ance. It was very interesting, and she is now really looking forward to seeing Petra.
Christine and Kay went to Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 16, 2014
- Day 27 - DubaiChristine is not well at all after yesterday. It's been nearly a week since it started so she is bound to improve soon surely! Meanwhile it's not pretty. At least we didn't have an excursion booked for today. Towards midday Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 16, 2014
- DubaiFirst Impressions
I can't really remember what I expected Dubai to be like before I had visited, so am not sure if it is matching my expectations or not. But if I was to use one word to describe it so Posted by hayden.albrey in Backpacking Adventure | Apr 9, 2014
- No peeking under the veilThis past month I spent a whirlwind week in 3 cities - Doha in Qatar, and Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
Observations, facts and musings follow...
UAE Arab Immigration officers are superbly well put together - Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Mar 31, 2014
- DubaiMonday - We arrived in Dubai at 19:27pm there time and was headed for the train station to figure out how to get to our hotel the cheapest and easiest way. The lady at the ticket office was very helpful Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Feb 18, 2014
- Dubai's $120b & Counting (Plus postcard giveaway!) What does $120 billion in annual oil revenue buy? Anything you want. Well, hear me out....
- Burj Khalifa - The tallest building in the world, which looks great from its Bellagio-related water show and also has great views from Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Feb 10, 2014
- Abu Dhabi in 2 hoursSix hours from Paris, I land in Abu Dhabi, for a quick transfer to Kuala Lumpur. After reading that it owns 9% of the world's oil reserve, I decide to pay a visit to the city. It's rich enough to Posted by letrip in surftheworld | Feb 5, 2014
- DubaiArrived at 7am, went over to Quantas to fight for a spare seat for Emilia. Even though she's done remarkably well on the way from CGN via London down to Dubai (all things considered eg. age), Miggi had no space Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 4, 2014
- 2011 C3 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XX1 - DUBAI WE HAD THREE STOPS IN EGYPT PLANNED BUT THE REVOLUTION HAS CANCELLED THEM.
H & A HAVE SUBSTITUTED AN EXTRA DAY IN DUBAI, AN EXTRA STOP IN OMAN & A STOP IN ISRAEL.
A FEW PASSENGERS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE ISRAEL Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- First stop - UAEOn the way over to Denmark, we stopped for three days in Dubai to visit my cousin, break up the trip and soak up some rays. Even though it's winter in the UAE the weather was perfect the water Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Jan 23, 2014
- Friends & NYE in Dubai!So we left mother country Iran with a 4 nights in DUBAI & ABU DHABI before our big African adventure! We managed to organise a NYE re-union with good friends from our Sweden life, Parasto & Cia and [b]Neda Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Jan 23, 2014
- A Walk on the CornicheWe took a nice walk on the beach at the Corniche in downtown Abu Dhabi. This is a beautiful tree lined street that runs the entire length of the waterfront downtown. The beaches are divided into small sections with two Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Jan 3, 2014
- Private Homes in Abu DhabiI've taken a few pictures of homes around Abu Dhabi that I find interesting. Private homes are built behind high walls with gate entrances. Most have cameras mounted outside the gates which are opened by guards from the inside. Some Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Jan 3, 2014
- Abu Dhabi ArchitectureThe architecture in Abu Dhabi dominates the landscape. The buildings are futuristic, glass, innovative and somebody really likes angles! The medians are landscaped beautifully and the roundabouts are works of art. I thought I would publish a few pictures Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Jan 1, 2014
- Another Drive through OmanWe're up fairly early and have a continental breakfast from the lounge on our floor. There's an espresso machine, fruit and pastries. We have a long drive ahead of us so we're ready to pack and check out. I ask Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Jan 1, 2014
- Chandler Arrives and A Trip to Muscat, OmanChaz goes back to work and the next few days are quite domestic. I exercise each morning and we cook each night. DynCorp's Holiday Party is on Thursday night at 7:00. Chandler is scheduled to fly in at 8:00 so Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 31, 2013