- Zonked out...Nothing like a 14 hour flight & a bit of duty free shopping at 2:30am to tucker you out. Bye Dubai, hello Paris![img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/A70D68C92219AC6817F39C69F336E86E.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/thumb_A70D68 Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | Apr 18, 2014
- Day 29 - At sea heading towards SalalahStill sick, Christine stays in the cabin all day, leaving twice, once to visit the doctor and then later for something to eat. She has antibiotics but is advised to keep taking the Lemsip, strepsils, aspirin and panadol as well Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 16, 2014
- Day 28 - At sea moving away from DubaiWith Christine sick in bed, Kay went to the talk on Aqaba in the Palladium Theatre with Raymond and Ance. It was very interesting, and she is now really looking forward to seeing Petra.
Christine and Kay went to Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 16, 2014
- Day 27 - DubaiChristine is not well at all after yesterday. It's been nearly a week since it started so she is bound to improve soon surely! Meanwhile it's not pretty. At least we didn't have an excursion booked for today. Towards midday Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 16, 2014
- DubaiFirst Impressions
I can't really remember what I expected Dubai to be like before I had visited, so am not sure if it is matching my expectations or not. But if I was to use one word to describe it so Posted by hayden.albrey in Backpacking Adventure | Apr 9, 2014
- No peeking under the veilThis past month I spent a whirlwind week in 3 cities - Doha in Qatar, and Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
Observations, facts and musings follow...
UAE Arab Immigration officers are superbly well put together - Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Mar 31, 2014
- DubaiMonday - We arrived in Dubai at 19:27pm there time and was headed for the train station to figure out how to get to our hotel the cheapest and easiest way. The lady at the ticket office was very helpful Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Feb 18, 2014
- Dubai's $120b & Counting (Plus postcard giveaway!) What does $120 billion in annual oil revenue buy? Anything you want. Well, hear me out....
- Burj Khalifa - The tallest building in the world, which looks great from its Bellagio-related water show and also has great views from Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Feb 10, 2014
- Abu Dhabi in 2 hoursSix hours from Paris, I land in Abu Dhabi, for a quick transfer to Kuala Lumpur. After reading that it owns 9% of the world's oil reserve, I decide to pay a visit to the city. It's rich enough to Posted by letrip in surftheworld | Feb 5, 2014
- DubaiArrived at 7am, went over to Quantas to fight for a spare seat for Emilia. Even though she's done remarkably well on the way from CGN via London down to Dubai (all things considered eg. age), Miggi had no space Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 4, 2014
- 2011 C3 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XX1 - DUBAI WE HAD THREE STOPS IN EGYPT PLANNED BUT THE REVOLUTION HAS CANCELLED THEM.
H & A HAVE SUBSTITUTED AN EXTRA DAY IN DUBAI, AN EXTRA STOP IN OMAN & A STOP IN ISRAEL.
A FEW PASSENGERS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE ISRAEL Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- First stop - UAEOn the way over to Denmark, we stopped for three days in Dubai to visit my cousin, break up the trip and soak up some rays. Even though it's winter in the UAE the weather was perfect the water Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Jan 23, 2014
- Friends & NYE in Dubai!So we left mother country Iran with a 4 nights in DUBAI & ABU DHABI before our big African adventure! We managed to organise a NYE re-union with good friends from our Sweden life, Parasto & Cia and [b]Neda Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Jan 23, 2014
- A Walk on the CornicheWe took a nice walk on the beach at the Corniche in downtown Abu Dhabi. This is a beautiful tree lined street that runs the entire length of the waterfront downtown. The beaches are divided into small sections with two Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Jan 3, 2014
- Private Homes in Abu DhabiI've taken a few pictures of homes around Abu Dhabi that I find interesting. Private homes are built behind high walls with gate entrances. Most have cameras mounted outside the gates which are opened by guards from the inside. Some Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Jan 3, 2014
- Abu Dhabi ArchitectureThe architecture in Abu Dhabi dominates the landscape. The buildings are futuristic, glass, innovative and somebody really likes angles! The medians are landscaped beautifully and the roundabouts are works of art. I thought I would publish a few pictures Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Jan 1, 2014
- Another Drive through OmanWe're up fairly early and have a continental breakfast from the lounge on our floor. There's an espresso machine, fruit and pastries. We have a long drive ahead of us so we're ready to pack and check out. I ask Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Jan 1, 2014
- Chandler Arrives and A Trip to Muscat, OmanChaz goes back to work and the next few days are quite domestic. I exercise each morning and we cook each night. DynCorp's Holiday Party is on Thursday night at 7:00. Chandler is scheduled to fly in at 8:00 so Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 31, 2013
- An Evening in Al Ain and a Christmas BazaarAfter a nice rest we decide to go for a walk in the beautiful park across the street from the hotel. It's a beautiful, green, spacious park with fountains, landscaped areas, playgrounds and walking paths. Nothing is done on a Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 16, 2013
- Al Ain, The Oasis City of Abu DhabiOn Thursday, we sleep late (for us), enjoy a leisurely breakfast before packing and getting on the road by 9:30. We're driving to Al Ain for a day of sightseeing and spending the night there as well. Chaz is taking Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 16, 2013
- Lunch OutChris Corcoran, Chaz's boss' wife, has emailed me to welcome me back to Abu Dhabi. This year Chaz and I have arranged a cell phone for me (remember our fiasco of trying to do that last year?) and she calls Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 15, 2013
- Daily Life in Abu DhabiI've arrived on Thursday evening and Friday begins the weekend. Friday is the holy day for Muslims. Most stores do not open until after lunch as Muslims spend the morning in prayer. But late afternoon every day is when folks Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 15, 2013
- Travel and Settling InMy last day in the States was spent at the office! It's amazing how difficult it is to clear every item from your desk. But after 5 hours, Success! Lunch, final packing and lots of hugs to Molly and Sweetie Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 14, 2013
- Burj Khalifa - برج خليفةMy final stop before flying out from Dubai was at the Burj Khalifa. The tallest building in the world!
It is 829m tall, with an observation deck on the 124th floor.
Mum booked for us to go over two weeks in advance Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 28, 2013
- Almost there...After 12 months of planning, our journey has finally begun. We spent the last week in Newcastle and Sydney catching up with family and friends and of course saying goodbye to Maple - a very sad occasion (Massive thanks to Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Nov 26, 2013