- London Day 2* Alarm goes off at 7:00 for early start for the Wimbledon tour day
* Not wanting to wake anyone else I tiptoe out to the living room
* I am surprised by Oyuna and Amy who have been up since 5:00
* Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 20, 2016
- May 14May 14
We started our day by going to 2 Farmers Markets, both near the castle. We ate some wonderful local food at one of the markets. Sean had a buffalo burger and Wanda had a venison pie. Lots of Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 24, 2016
- Day 25 - StirlingWe left Edinburgh for Stirling. Taking the scenic route - aka missing a turn and going over a massive bridge to then wheel around to our destination!!! It was interesting exercise as a new bridge is being built and with Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 24, 2016
- Bristol - Birmingham - Dubai
The day has finally arrived! After weeks and months of planning, we are off on the Great African Adventure with our friends Lyn and Chris.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 10, 2016
- London* Sun shining in before 5:00am
* I close the blinds but still wake up at 5:30 and head to the living room leaving Judy sleeping
* Oyuna and Amy straggle out at 6:00 which is really 1:00 am at home – Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 19, 2016
- May 12-13May 12-13
May 12 we flew from London to Edinburgh. We got situated in our hotel room and set out to get a little familiar with the city.
On May 13 we did a Hop On-Hop Off bus tour. Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 23, 2016
- Day 24 - Royal DayToday the focus was royalty. We started off at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Queen's official Scottish residence. We were mightily disappointed that we could not go inside as the Lord High Commissioner was in residence as the Queen's official Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 23, 2016
- The Gowler African Adventure 2016
Not since our Around-the-World trip in 2002 has so much planning and so much anticipation gone in to a holiday. So why is this one so special? Several years ago Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 9, 2016
- Arrival London* Arrive Heathrow an hour early
* Walk about a mile (no exaggeration) from the gate to Immigration booths
* The queue takes about 45 minutes
* Amy is waiting outside customs for us
* Find our car service and head to the Pimiento Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 18, 2016
- Day 22 - York to EdinburghToday we left York and travelled via Carlisle to Edinburgh. We didn't intend to make it all the way but made good time. We came through some of the most beautiful English countryside - Yorkshire, North Pennines and Cumbria and Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 21, 2016
- London: Greenwich and the South Bank
We fly into London in late July, as a gift to myself (and to make it easier to leave Japan) I've timed this so we can see Derren Brown's Infamous show while we're here. So that's where Posted by DKJM74 in Japan and Beyond with Damon and Haru | May 21, 2016
- Day 21 - YorkWe picked up our car at London City Airport - its a Nissan Qashqai - not quite an Xtrail but almost. It is electric start, electric button hand brake and reverse that needs your mouth in the right position for Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 20, 2016
- Day 20 - LondonThis morning the weather had improved and we had no rain even if the sun didn't really shine. First up was a walking tour to see the Changing of the Guard. This tour states off at Piccadilly Circus and you Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 19, 2016
- Day 19 - Exploring LondonBy feet, underground, boat and London Eye we explored London today.
Just a FYI it was wet and cold on and off all day so this made outdoor activities a tad trying!
Off to the Tower of London and we took the Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 18, 2016
- Day 18 - LondonLeaving Paris this morning we got a taxi to Gare du Nord to catch the Eurostar train to London. To get to the platform we had to go through French and then British passport control and customs. So 2 new Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 17, 2016
- May 3May 3
We started our day in Greenwich Village which was a short walk from our self-catering apartment. We saw the Cutty Sark ship, the oldest Anglican church in the London area St. Alfege, and the Old Royal Naval College. Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 9, 2016
- May 1-2May 1-2
We took two days and simply walk around London with no specific tours scheduled. However, we still saw plenty of things to fill our days. On May 1 we went to Kings Crossing and 9 ¾ Platform from Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 7, 2016
- April 30April 30
We took a bus to Kensington Palace and Wanda showed Sean how she wants to live. The tour included the King’s state apartments, the Queen’s state apartments, the King’s staircase, a section on Queen Victoria, the gardens and Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 7, 2016
- April 29April 29
Today we toured the Tower of London, the #1 tourist attraction in London. The Tower of London is a historic castle on the riverbank of the River Thames. It is 1000 years old! From the Tower Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 6, 2016
- April 27-28April 27-28
Flew to London on April 27. Took the train into London from the airport, then the tube and another train to get to our self-catering apartment. We are staying near Greenwich and the train and bus stops Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 6, 2016
- PreparationI have been talking for more years than I care to remember about riding my motorcycle to Mongolia, I had even got the Lonely Planet's book on Mongolia as a Christmas present 2 years ago!
So it's time to stop talking Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Apr 28, 2016
- Packing, printing, and just a little bit of panicking...Travel insurance documents printed...tick!
Copies of passport...tick!
Yellow Fever certificate...tick!
Bag packed...not quite, I do still have 2 days to throw in those last minute, almost-forgotten items: razor, tweezers, 5 b Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Apr 18, 2016
- WalesAugust 10
Went into Selby and had hair done at last. Bought Scholls!.
Left Newtons around 12 for the west coast. Looked around Liverpool, crossed Birkenhead Tunnel then to Rhos-on-sea to visit Ann and Obe Hammond. Dinner with them at their Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Yorkshire MoorsAugust 9
Explored the Castle. Bought kilts for the girls - Douglas - Stuart tartans.
Drove south from Edinburgh through border country to Newcastle then skirted the Yorkshire Moors to arrive at the Newtons via York at Selby.
Went to Black Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- The HighlandsAugust 8
Continued through the Highlands and slept through Loch Ness!, woke at Inverness.
Stopped at Nairn, Banff. Had lunch. Drove around harbour to Macduff.
Turned South to Aberdeen. Saw North Sea oil rig in distance. Aberdeen is the servi Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016