- Felbrigg Hall, NorfolkFelbrigg Hall is just 2 miles up the road from where I am staying and I was hoping to visit with Mum last week but they are closed 2 days a week so we settled on just seeing the outside Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | May 22, 2014
- Day 17 - TorquayThis is tourist central of Devon. There appears to be more hotels, guest house and B&B than anywhere else I have seen. In one street, for a couple of hundred metres or so, every house on one side of the Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 21, 2014
- Ullapool / Northern Highlands
Heute ist der mieseste Tag des Urlaubs und der Tiefpunkt bisher. Nicht nur, dass es schüttet wie aus Kübeln - nein, wir haben uns beide offenbar auch noch einen Magen-/Dar Posted by shaun_2012 in Scotland 2014 | May 21, 2014
- Day 16 - Torcross & SlaptonWe used to visit this little place to see my grand parents on my mothers side. This place is really made up of three distinct areas.
Torcross being the seaside town at the end of the beach, Slapton Sands being the Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 21, 2014
- Day 12 - The CotswoldsOn the way up to Birmingham, I passed through the Cotswolds
The first place I visited was a place called Bibury.
[img=http://photos. Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 20, 2014
- Baconsthorpe Castle and Sheringham ParkThe weather was great on Saturday and I thought I would take the opportunity to sit in the sun and read for a change. This didn't last long and after a couple of hours I was itching to go out Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | May 19, 2014
- Blickling Estate, NorfolkMum flew over from Spain this week and decided to come to visit me for the day on Friday. After driving back and forth to Norwich for a few days it was a good excuse to have some time off.
After Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | May 18, 2014
- Day 15 - Trip To DevonAs I travelled further south towards Devon, the weather progressively got worse. By the time I got to Torcross, it was steadily raining.
I found the bed and breakfast I had booked, and this was one of those cases where Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 19, 2014
- 48 hours & countingArrived back from Wales without a hitch to check into the Holiday Inn Express in North Acton…the staging point for our departure, great location for what we are doing but missing a good curry house! The bikes for all the Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | May 19, 2014
- Inverness / Loch Ness
Der Tag beginnt wieder um sieben. Als wir zum Frühstück gehen, liegt vor unserem Zimmer auf dem Sofa eine der beiden Hauskatzen und lässt sich laut schnurrend knuddeln. Die Posted by shaun_2012 in Scotland 2014 | May 19, 2014
- we're inWell with the help of Auntie Sue and Uncle Robert and his truck we moved out of our temporary, confined, little two bedroomed flat to a four bedroomed, 1930's, red brick semi. The whole day was fetching and carrying and Posted by justchilling in House renovation | May 19, 2014
- The Lake District continuedThe weather has been particularly kind to us on our sojourn in the Lake District. Today the car temperature gauge was reading 25 degrees at one point!
Yesterday we went up to Keswick to meet two of Lesley's old school Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | May 19, 2014
- Day 14 - Clun, ShropshireClun is near to where my Grand parents managed a farm in the area which also doubled as a Bread & Breakfast.
I stayed in the White Horse Inn, the local pub.
The publican is a dead ringer for Sean Austin.
The village Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 18, 2014
- Day 13 Birmingham & The Black CountryStayed 2 nights in Birmingham to see my relatives Sandra & her husband John.
They took me to see the Black Country Museum.
It is called the black country because this area was the heart of the industrial revolution. The air was Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 18, 2014
- Day 11 - BathStopped for 1 night in the beautiful city of Bath. Most of Bath would appear to be heritage listed. A special mention would have to be the accommodation. I stayed at Brocks Guest House, located in Brocks street. This street Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 18, 2014
- Dufftown and Speyside
So, es hat alles wie geplant geklappt. Flug mit KLM aus München leicht verspätet, eine echte Sardinenbüchse, meine Beine haben nirgends hingepasst. Dann Ankunft in Amsterd Posted by shaun_2012 in Scotland 2014 | May 17, 2014
- Lake DistrictLeft Derbyshire yesterday, and headed for Cumbria - seemed a long journey, but we had several stops on the way. Scenery changed from the green hills of the Peak District to the barrenness of the Pennine range. Stopped Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | May 17, 2014
- IntroLess than 2 week until we fly and five and a half work days left (not that we're counting down).
Our trip has made complete sense to some, been seen as a mid-life crisis by others or been met with general Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | May 15, 2014
- Last day in DerbyshireOur last full day at the Pig of Lead today. Explored a few more villages, then did the Dovedale walk, from Ilam to Milldale, along the banks of the Dove river. It's about 3 miles (almost 5 kms) each Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | May 15, 2014
- London with a local....?Having slept through half a day & a night it was satisfying to wake up to London at its best. A beautiful sunny & warm (English warm) day. My wonderful cousin, Pia arrived at the hotel around 0930 and after Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | May 15, 2014
- London, UKI had an absolutely fabulous time in London. I haven’t been here since I was about 15 when my parents used all of their 5 years of saved 5 vacation and we spent the summer in Europe. Since the only Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | May 15, 2014
- Day one & a bitWell after another uneventful flight sector to LHR it was quite a breeze through immigration & customs but something was missing, nothing had assaulted the senses that said to me "you've arrived", so what was it going to be..........I didn't Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | May 15, 2014
- Day 10 - Beaulieu National Motor MuseumI can say that so far this has been the best day I have had in the UK. The weather was fantastic, So I got to wear my shorts at last.
This place is not just a motor museum, it also Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 14, 2014
- Day 9 - Swanage Steam Railway and Corfe CastleThe steam railway runs for a few miles from the seaside town of Swanage, inland just passed Corfe Castle.
The engi Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 14, 2014
- DerbyshireWoke up to a lovely sunny day - 19C today! :). Visited Matlock Bath, so named because in the late 1600s some thermal springs were discovered, and not long afterwards the first 'bath' was made - out of wood, Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | May 14, 2014