- Stratford-upon-AvonWe left the Brymbo B&B in Honeybourne after two nights there. We drove to Stratford-upon-Avon and visited Shakespeare’s birthplace. His parents house still stands; we walked on the stone floor that he would have walked on and stood in Posted by camner in Travelling in Great Britain 2013 | Apr 22, 2013
- Chipping CampdenAt the Brymbo B&B where we are staying breakfast is served to everyone at 8:30 (no choice about that). The eight of us around the table chatted for quite a while and so we got off to a late Posted by camner in Travelling in Great Britain 2013 | Apr 22, 2013
- Winding downThings have been a little less frenetic over the past couple of days but no less special despite this. I can't report on a huge number of tourist sites - although we had a special visit on Friday morning of Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Apr 21, 2013
- South WalesWe departed Bath and drove to Cardiff, the capital of Wales. Most of the trip was on "motorways," which are like interstates in the U.S., so the trip went well.
We first went to St. Fagans National History Museum, Posted by camner in Travelling in Great Britain 2013 | Apr 20, 2013
- Glastonbury and WellsAfter another hearty English breakfast we took off in the car for Glastonbury. The GPS is very helpful, though it directed us along a somewhat minor road that went like this: One lane in each direction, but very narrow lanes, Posted by camner in Travelling in Great Britain 2013 | Apr 20, 2013
- The Journey Home (Friday 19th April)Arrived at the gate and success - four seats in a row but plane full. Take off delayed by half an hour but pretty good flight (except for a brief period when the cabin service was suddenly suspended and Posted by DaveyG in Our Big Trip | Apr 20, 2013
- Must do the important stuff===Only 53 days till we set off ...===
...and until now we've been doing the fun stuff; planning routes, arranging to meet family and friends and choosing accommodation (we finally have some where for New Year in Sydney! phew).
Only Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Apr 19, 2013
- Packing = dreadWith step one complete the next six months will consist of whittling down the entire contents of the flat to the bare minimun and essential items that I can a) carry in my bag and b) will not get me Posted by Where to next in Where to next | Apr 19, 2013
- BathRobert had our traditional Sunday breakfast of pancakes, light and fluffy, with blueberries – delicious. Sharon had an omelette; no gluten-free pancakes here, but there is gluten-free bread and cereal. We needed the sustenance for our long day Posted by camner in Travelling in Great Britain 2013 | Apr 18, 2013
- You're (a) wizard Harry!We left Paris this morning. I can tell you dear friends and readers that this was not easy. We slept well and were wide awake and ready to get up when the alarm went off at 0500. It had been Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Apr 18, 2013
- Back in the UK
So, we have finally made it back to the UK, after travelling 85,000 km around the world, I think we can safely say we pulled off having a trip of a lifetime travelling around the world. We are Posted by pixies in Mr and Mrs Pixie Go Round the World | Apr 17, 2013
- A little bit about meName: Rebecca Bennett
AKA: Becky/Bex, Dory (yes like the fish in finding nemo), Donna (Anyone have a drunken alter ego?)
Age 23 ( at the time of writing)
From: New Mills, Derbyshire, England
Likes: swimming, sunshine and sunbathing, shopping ( Posted by bexy_66 in We are all small fish in a very big pond | Apr 17, 2013
- Why do I get that itchy feet syndrome?So growing up in New Mills, Derbyshire, England is a rather boring experience nothing really happens in the town as you get older you tend to appreciate whats around you more like the countryside, access to nice walks and parks Posted by bexy_66 in We are all small fish in a very big pond | Apr 17, 2013
- The final 10 day countdown has begunSo I'm sitting here Wednesday 17th April a week to go until I catch the train down to London to stay with Paula for 2 nights before we leave for Bangkok on Friday 26th April 2013 at 14:05pm not that Posted by bexy_66 in We are all small fish in a very big pond | Apr 17, 2013
- Boarding time!
Made it to the gate after some emotional goodbyes, including the one to my bag as it makes its way to Sin via Hel! Bagged an extra legroom seat for the Helsinki trip which makes up for the fl Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 16, 2013
- Farewell UK!
Ready for the off, now battling the M25 traffic en route to Heathrow!
Take off at noon, in Helsinki by 1510 and then transferring onto the 12 hour flight to get me into Singapore for 0 Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 16, 2013
- From Oxford to BathAt our B&B in Oxford the room was tiny (hard for two people to walk past each other), the pillows were awful, and the water faucets barely worked, so we are glad to have been there only one night.
We took Posted by camner in Travelling in Great Britain 2013 | Apr 15, 2013
- London--Day 3The Churchill War Rooms and Museum was far more interesting than we expected. It is in the actual below-ground rooms from which Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his cabinet and military advisors conducted their work during World War II. Posted by camner in Travelling in Great Britain 2013 | Apr 15, 2013
- All packed!
So this is it, the final draft of the kit list that I'll be carrying around the world for 5 months.
I don't have time to create an annotated picture, but before anyone asks where the Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 15, 2013
- This time tomorrow...Without warning I've stumbled into my final 24 hours in the UK, and although I'd hesitate to say it out loud I'll brave putting it in words: I'm ready!
After yet another checklist session yesterday I have now completed my extensive Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 15, 2013
- London--Day 2After going to bed last night at a reasonable time, we both lay awake for two hours! Must’ve been the time zone change. We got up with the alarm anyway so we could get to the things we Posted by camner in Travelling in Great Britain 2013 | Apr 14, 2013
- A map showing our planned trip....
Lands End to John O'Groats - LeJog. Posted by John and Jane G in Land's End to John O' Groats by bike | Apr 14, 2013
- Edinburgh Day 1.5OK, so I missed a transition day but I was enjoying myself. Sue me. :P
So lets start this with two scenarios which really need a punch line, which I do no have. Heading up to the room an English man Posted by tledwar in Europe 2013 | Apr 13, 2013
- And why did we choose the charities we did?Following suggestions from some of our friends, we have decided to try and raise money for charity at the same time.
We have chosen 2 charities, one local to us and one international.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/572840/HITW_logo.jpg thum Posted by John and Jane G in Land's End to John O' Groats by bike | Apr 13, 2013
- Why cycle from Lands End to John O’ Groats (LeJog)?
We enjoy cycling, exploring new places, adventure and a bit of a challenge. So we thought this was a great way to put all those things together and make a memorable start to our Retirement. Posted by John and Jane G in Land's End to John O' Groats by bike | Apr 12, 2013