- Shropshire WalksHere are some pictures from our last visit to Dad and Hilary in Shropshire. They live just below The Long Mynd, which is a fabulous area to walk. The boys in particular love it up there as they Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Dec 17, 2014
- Halloween - fun gamesWe celebrated halloween this year (unlike in other years when we haven't) with some traditional english games. First we did bobbing apples in two ways (one on a stick and one in a tub of water) both of which Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Oct 31, 2014
- Tower of London RemembersIn the lead-up to Armistice Day this year, there was an art installation at the Tower of London called Tower of London Remembers. This year marks 100 years since the end of WW1 and to commemorate they decided to do Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Dec 16, 2014
- Last Day London = BrilliantA 'Dog's Bollocks' final day in London. We ended yesterday with pint with an old friend and colleague from Enron at a 'typical' London pub (which was absolutely packed on a Monday night at 6 pm, I think the Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 16, 2014
- The route Our route (well part of it). The itinary at the moment is: Singapore, Bali, Darwin, Alice Springs, Uluru, Adelaide, Kangeroo Island, Great Ocean Road, Melborne, Sydney, Blue Mountains, sev Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Dec 15, 2014
- Day Two - British Museum[center][/center][center][/center] Well it turns out I was a little cocky on my "Oh, I have all the answers to adjusting to the new time zone," I spent a solid 3 hours from 12 to 3 am last night contemplating where Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 15, 2014
- Maidstone and Leeds CastleFi and I decided to head away for a couple of days over the long weekend to get out of the city and head up to Maidstone where Leeds Castle is! My boss suggested it, as apparently it is the Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Dec 14, 2014
- London Day One Day one, London. After last night's deliria I have finally figured out what day it is. Sunday, December 14. For those of you who frown upon drug use skip to the next paragraph. Last night I Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 14, 2014
- Travel DayToday or yesterday, I am not sure which day I am functioning in right now, started rather normally. I headed to work to finish up a couple things and spent a lesiurely afternoon with my folks watching a movie Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 13, 2014
- The Journey BeginsWe left the UK on the 9th of October 2014, to spend two months backpacking in Southeast Asia followed by 7 months (or longer) working and travelling in Australia.
I had always been keen to travel to Australia but have never Posted by carolemaccoll in Travels | Dec 10, 2014
- And the fascinator gets another outing...Despite a quick trip to London being a giant detour in my travels, when a great friend of yours gets married, things like this must be done and I was thrilled to do it. Plus, who doesn't love an English Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Dec 8, 2014
- Entry 14 - London and the Isle of SkyeI started packing on Wednesday morning and cleaned the house before leaving for the airport. Unfortunately Will was busy so I didn’t get to see him at the airport before I left but I was in the air before I Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Dec 5, 2014
- Hashing!So, as I've probably got your attention with the title of this entry, let me explain what I mean...
[i]The Hash House Harriers (abbreviated to HHH or H3, or referred to simply as hashing) is an international group of non-competitive running Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 4, 2014
- Back to Blighty - Part 5So for our final couple of weeks back at home we got to enjoy the end of the summer and spend time with all our family and friends that we still hadn't seen.
As fun as it is travelling, being at Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Nov 29, 2014
- Back to Blighty - Part 4(You can see all the photos and videos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/Patricks%2030th|here]]. Password is the same as for the blog).
The next day was to be a long one, we had to drive from Monza all the way to Belgium Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Nov 29, 2014
- Back to Blighty - Part 3(You can see all the photos and videos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/Patricks%2030th|here]]. Password is the same as for the blog).
So having caught up on some sleep and having a few lovely days getting stuffed full o Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Nov 25, 2014
- My FamilyAs you can imagine, we have a lot of friends and family to catch up with / say goodbye to before we leave.
One great, and rare, get-together was in Essex with most of the Styles' side of the family.
With thanks Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Nov 25, 2014
- Edinburgh, Scotland I went to Edinburgh this weekend. A slightly less spontaneous trip than the Dublin weekend as it was organised by a University related group with over 900 attendees, but still a lot of fun.
I thought I knew what to Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Nov 23, 2014
- Back to Blighty - Part 2(You can see all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/Jens%20Wedding%20-%20August%202014|here]]. Password is the same as for the blog.)
It's not every day your best mate gets married. I'd be looking forward to the Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Nov 20, 2014
- Month One and A BitI was planning on updating this blog quite regularly, but I think I have already established in previous posts just how lazy I can be. So here is an update on how uni life has been going as an Aussie Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Nov 20, 2014
- Guest of Henry VIIINot only have we not been to Antarctica Margaret has not been to Hampton court either. Thanks to Jim an Laura for a lovely evening at Pizza Express and for getting us to Hampton court for a day of spectacular Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 18, 2014
- Down but not outThe trick is to remind myself that I am telling myself I am miserable and I need to stop telling myself that I am. It’s getting in the way of my plans for world domination. That and the harsh Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Nov 16, 2014
- Planning the voyage
Planning the voyage, Sir Ernest and one of the locals. I knew we'd find a use for my late Father's World maps! Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 15, 2014
- Home comingI land in Abu Dhabi, alone and find myself a seat which looks as comfortable as a bicycle without a seat... Or tires. So plonking myself down I wrap my Masai blanket tight around me, to attempt to recreate the Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Nov 11, 2014
- London London was never a city high on my list to travel to because when I thought of it, I thought of it like my home town, but much much colder. Man was I wrong though.
I knew it would be a Posted by nomadicblonde in Finally fulfilling a dream | Nov 10, 2014