- Barnard CastleBarnard Castle is a market town and is very small, it is full of independent shops, coffee shops with seating on the pavement and a good amount of pubs selling locally sourced food. The people are very friendly and everyone Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Sep 3, 2014
- Four out of tenNew month, new strategy. I had a tarot reading the other day- my first in over 16 years- and the oracle seemed to be saying that I'd have a girlfriend by January at the latest. But it’s like Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Sep 1, 2014
- Pearl Jam at Milton Keynes BowlIt was at the Fanatics reunion that Fi and I discovered that we were both Pearl Jam fans and that there was a show coming up at Milton Keynes, only about an hour and a half out of London! It Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Sep 1, 2014
- Week 8Monday, August 11th, 2014:
This week was really boring since I had essays and presentations due this week (finals week!!) but it was also a really sad week because school was almost over :(
Wednesday, August 13th, 2014: Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Aug 31, 2014
- Night before...Packed - Check
Documentation - Check
Passport - Check
Thing we are all set to go!!
Posted by AntandLaura in testtrav | Aug 31, 2014
- Wimbledon Championships!! So living in Wimbledon, how could I not attend the Championships! People from all over the world travel to our little town to attend one of the most prestigious tennis events in the world! I had been tipped off that Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Traditional NZ HangiToday was pretty amazing I've gotta say! My roommate Jaime is from New Zealand and through some Kiwis in London connections, got word of a NZ traditional Hangi taking place and we were all over it! From the moment we Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Zoo Lates @ London ZooOne of the things I've been keen to do since arriving is to hit up London Zoo and what better way to do so than to go to Zoo Lates (an event for adults only, where you go in the Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- A fleeting visit from a close friend! When I said goodbye to my good friend Mellisa (who I met through working at BPC) one of the last things we promised each other was that the next time we hung out, it would be on the other side Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Moving to Wimbledon! So after landing a job in Wimbledon and working there for a month, I decided that I no longer wanted to commute the hour that it took door to door and it was then that I decided to look for Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Not gloating IIHello again, dear readers. All 1 of you, if I include myself. I feel as we approach the end of my second month here a petite update is in order. And to prove I'm definitely not gloating Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Aug 31, 2014
- And We're offAfter an afternoon meet up and a departure curry for 6, everything sorted and ready just waiting for the off. The group is as follows, Eric & Sooty, Dinkie & Candyman, Mimi & Joey.
A group photo and we're Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Aug 30, 2014
- County DurhamI enjoyed having a couple of days rest, well sort of. I was now on my way to Barnard Castle. I hadn't really done any research on the area like I normally do before I book a site. I knew Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 30, 2014
- Last day in LondonLoosey kept things simple today. She spent the morning going to museum s. Here she is about to enter the British Museum:
She got to see the Sutton Hoo treasure which was out on l Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 29, 2014
- LondonOur first day in London we were taken around the Mclearn factory in Woking. It was great to see the production line of their 650S and P1, along with many historic f1 cars. We ended the tour by going Posted by Hamish414 in Europe 2014 | Aug 29, 2014
- !Huzzah!Where do I begin?
Loosey slept in quite late today after yesterdays entertainments. When she finally roused herself she headed off on foot to the Tower Bridge and took in the sights of the Tower of London. Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 28, 2014
- 3 More sleeps to goWell, it's all booked and arranged, we've just got to do it now. Need to think about packing those panniers and not taking anything unneccesary. The bikes are serviced and ready except for a final clean and check on Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Aug 28, 2014
- A Busy WednesdaySo good morning London!
Loosey made her way to Greenwich. What a great place! Very chilled after central London. Here she is contemplating the Cutty Sark:
Next she waddled along Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 27, 2014
- Hello, BirminghamGreetings and apologies for being away so long. Just haven't gotten into the habit of writing and uploading photos this trip, I'm afraid. Last Monday, we took the train to Birmingham and a long, milky bus ride to its northern Posted by scoconino in One More Time: Europe 2014 | Aug 27, 2014
- London Baby!Loosey knows that that is not a very novel way of heralding her arrival in London but she just can't help it. This is the saying that springs to mind as she pulls into the coach station. Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 26, 2014
- Trial runHello, trying to find a good blog to use for my travels when we set off in December :) Posted by Kate136158 in 2 Girls 20 Toes | Aug 26, 2014
- Fairwell MidlandsLoosey's last day in the Midlands today. She's off to London tomorrow morning so the blog posts may start up again from then on.
I've visited a lot of people and drank a lot of tea over the past week. Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Stockton on Tees, Hartlepool & MiddlesbroughI had enjoyed my time in Scarborough & Whitby and now I was looking forward to heading further north. I had booked to stay in Barnard Castle at the weekend but I thought the drive might be a little too Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 25, 2014
- WhitbyAbout half an hour up the coast from Scarborough is Whitby. I had been told by a few people that I had to go there for fish & chips but had been told a couple of different places to Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 25, 2014
- 16 hours till take off.....Welcome to our travel blog!
We have decided to keep a blog/journal of our year travelling so friends and family can see what we're up to. We have never done anything like this before so please be patient with us! We Posted by flickateacup in Wherever We May Roam | Aug 24, 2014