- Visas - Tick!So... first things first! As you may have guessed from the title, we've had our Australian 12-month working-holiday visas approved!! WOOP! It was, by far and large, the most straight-forward application process and fastest feedback we've ever experienced. Posted by laubstravel in Before We Grow Up | May 19, 2015
- WINDERMERE - MAY 15thOur view over the lake from our bedroom window - just glorious today
This morning we enjoyed another hearty breakfast cooked by the delightful character Colette and husband Frank Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 15, 2015
- The UKThis blog doesn't include what we have done in Islay as we've already covered that in a previous blog. This time, we are simply going to put up a few pictures of the places we visited with a caption. All Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | May 15, 2015
- LAKE WINDERMERE - MAY 14thBike free day today.
We went down to the edge of the lake and bought tickets to Cruise the Lake to the Lakeland Motor Museum - home of an amazing collection of Motorcycles, Motor vehicles, lots of old British historical Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 14, 2015
- RICHMOND to LAKE WINDERMERE - MAY 13thA beautiful sunny day for riding the Dales today - we are really enjoying the Yorkshire district.
[img=http://ph Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 13, 2015
- RICHMOND - MAY 12thWe started the day with a very good breakfast at our Hotel, the Kings Head. Unable to resist the charm of the Richmond Castle, one of the oldest stone-built Castles in England we set out for an adventure.
Built in Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 12, 2015
- European Trip April 2015I arrived at San Diego airport about 5 a.m. Sunday March 29, 2015, for my departure flight to London at 6:45 a.m.
I had about 2 hrs of sleep that morning. I was feeling ok until about 1 hr Posted by martza in European Trip April 2015 | May 10, 2015
- YORK to RICHMOND - MAY 11thFirst stop on our way out of York was for Fuel - and we found a couple of Darleks and a Tardis -
[img=http://p Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 11, 2015
- Welcome to LondonCannot Believe I was asleep... I was writing a blog and then next thing I know I am in London. Its different but it feels the same as Canada, same kind of climate, and same kind of feel aside from Posted by osheaadams in Travel and Tourism Travel Blog | May 14, 2015
- YORK - MAY 10thToday we are tourists in York.
We started the morning with a walk around the streets past The Parish - no Sunday morning worship here - this is the Nightclub called The Parish !!
Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 10, 2015
- OLNEY - MAY 8th & 9thIn 2013 when we travelled Europe and the UK, we met Bill & Gail Senior and have remained in contact since.
So of course we had to visit them again in Olney, a lovely village in Milton Keynes north of London.
Thursday Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 9, 2015
- Chapter 1- Where it all beginsSo its 1 o'clock in the morning the day before I am due to travel and I cannot sleep. I do not hold much hope that I will actually get any sleep tomorrow eve and with a 4 o'clock start Posted by ajstaff1987 in My year in OZ | May 8, 2015
- This Day in May.The 6th day of the 5th month, year two zero one five.
Today represenents a day that will live in infamy. Thus far, of nearly thirty years on this planet I have yet to experience this. Nearly half of the city Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 8, 2015
- PULHAM MARKET to OLNEY - MAY 7thWe stayed at the Old Bakery B&B in Pulham Market, 400year old building previously a Bakery followed by a few other titles and now a fabulous B&B. We had a short walk around looking at the fascinating old houses Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 8, 2015
- Cooking and Comfort - Check!
While we're waiting for our backpacks to become available, we've gone ahead and splashed out on some new equipment for our trip. Being creatures of comfort, we knew that the inve Posted by laubstravel in Before We Grow Up | May 8, 2015
- Happy cinco de... de...beer me?Why hello there nation. Second day/night in London and it twas a delight.
Big Ben. Westminster Abbey. The Parliament. Nude Cherubs. Hyde Park. Churchill War Rooms (sort of). Buckingham Palace. And Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 7, 2015
- PULHAM MARKET - MAY 6thAnd of course this morning the bikes don't start - both have completely flat batteries.
Luckily we brought our Jump Starter Kit with us - a new purchase and worth every cent.
We phoned Norwich BMW and found they have one battery Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON to FELIXSTOWE - MAY 5thThe big day has finally arrived - we left London early morning on the train to Felixstowe to collect our bikes.
And of course we met up with some other Aussies doing the same thing. Ron who is touring around Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON - May 4thMonday - Bank Holiday in England, time to be a tourist.
The Sony World Photography Competition Exhibition was on - cannot possibly miss this one, hoping to learn some techniques.
Here are a few of my favourites -
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON - May 2nd & 3rdNougat packed himself ready to go - this much travelled bear was not going to miss out
It is such a long trip - 32hrs from when we left home until when we arrived in London.
[img= Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- Planes, lost baggage, ubers, flats, skies, etc...On May 4th the world reaffirmed that not all airport travel is destined to be vampirically energy sucking, mind-numbing, colon clogging (come on, I cannot be the only one whom is affected by extended travel. Trips of over a Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 5, 2015
- Jet Lag City.Further discussion of flight, tonight's adventures (twins bday party in park, beers at a pub while viewing Arsenal domination, visit to a speakeasy that takes one back, and getting semi lost in an uber in a foreign country) will Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 4, 2015
- Tactile AlivenessOn this blog we share our travel experiences through stories, updates, and photos. 'WOA' is also about traveling into 'aliveness'. For me, that also means waking up dormant senses. I tend to describe things mostly using sight/visual description, and write Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 29, 2015
- London CallingWe flew first class from Seattle to San francisco and then business class from San Francisco to London Heathrow. United's service was amazing. They are always greeting you with a hot towel and a drink. We were Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | Apr 29, 2015
- Days 55-61: Falling Behind and Catching Up"The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up." ―Author Unknown
Seeing as I've fallen behind a bit in my travel blog, I'm going to attempt to catch myself up by breezing over this week:
Saturday, March 28th
● Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Apr 21, 2015