- Day 24 - Royal DayToday the focus was royalty. We started off at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Queen's official Scottish residence. We were mightily disappointed that we could not go inside as the Lord High Commissioner was in residence as the Queen's official Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 23, 2016
- The Gowler African Adventure 2016
Not since our Around-the-World trip in 2002 has so much planning and so much anticipation gone in to a holiday. So why is this one so special? Several years ago Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 9, 2016
- Arrival London* Arrive Heathrow an hour early
* Walk about a mile (no exaggeration) from the gate to Immigration booths
* The queue takes about 45 minutes
* Amy is waiting outside customs for us
* Find our car service and head to the Pimiento Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 18, 2016
- Day 22 - York to EdinburghToday we left York and travelled via Carlisle to Edinburgh. We didn't intend to make it all the way but made good time. We came through some of the most beautiful English countryside - Yorkshire, North Pennines and Cumbria and Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 21, 2016
- London: Greenwich and the South Bank
We fly into London in late July, as a gift to myself (and to make it easier to leave Japan) I've timed this so we can see Derren Brown's Infamous show while we're here. So that's where Posted by DKJM74 in Japan and Beyond with Damon and Haru | May 21, 2016
- Day 21 - YorkWe picked up our car at London City Airport - its a Nissan Qashqai - not quite an Xtrail but almost. It is electric start, electric button hand brake and reverse that needs your mouth in the right position for Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 20, 2016
- Day 20 - LondonThis morning the weather had improved and we had no rain even if the sun didn't really shine. First up was a walking tour to see the Changing of the Guard. This tour states off at Piccadilly Circus and you Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 19, 2016
- Day 19 - Exploring LondonBy feet, underground, boat and London Eye we explored London today.
Just a FYI it was wet and cold on and off all day so this made outdoor activities a tad trying!
Off to the Tower of London and we took the Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 18, 2016
- Day 18 - LondonLeaving Paris this morning we got a taxi to Gare du Nord to catch the Eurostar train to London. To get to the platform we had to go through French and then British passport control and customs. So 2 new Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 17, 2016
- May 3May 3
We started our day in Greenwich Village which was a short walk from our self-catering apartment. We saw the Cutty Sark ship, the oldest Anglican church in the London area St. Alfege, and the Old Royal Naval College. Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 9, 2016
- May 1-2May 1-2
We took two days and simply walk around London with no specific tours scheduled. However, we still saw plenty of things to fill our days. On May 1 we went to Kings Crossing and 9 ¾ Platform from Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 7, 2016
- April 30April 30
We took a bus to Kensington Palace and Wanda showed Sean how she wants to live. The tour included the King’s state apartments, the Queen’s state apartments, the King’s staircase, a section on Queen Victoria, the gardens and Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 7, 2016
- April 29April 29
Today we toured the Tower of London, the #1 tourist attraction in London. The Tower of London is a historic castle on the riverbank of the River Thames. It is 1000 years old! From the Tower Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 6, 2016
- April 27-28April 27-28
Flew to London on April 27. Took the train into London from the airport, then the tube and another train to get to our self-catering apartment. We are staying near Greenwich and the train and bus stops Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 6, 2016
- PreparationI have been talking for more years than I care to remember about riding my motorcycle to Mongolia, I had even got the Lonely Planet's book on Mongolia as a Christmas present 2 years ago!
So it's time to stop talking Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Apr 28, 2016
- Packing, printing, and just a little bit of panicking...Travel insurance documents printed...tick!
Copies of passport...tick!
Yellow Fever certificate...tick!
Bag packed...not quite, I do still have 2 days to throw in those last minute, almost-forgotten items: razor, tweezers, 5 b Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Apr 18, 2016
- WalesAugust 10
Went into Selby and had hair done at last. Bought Scholls!.
Left Newtons around 12 for the west coast. Looked around Liverpool, crossed Birkenhead Tunnel then to Rhos-on-sea to visit Ann and Obe Hammond. Dinner with them at their Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Yorkshire MoorsAugust 9
Explored the Castle. Bought kilts for the girls - Douglas - Stuart tartans.
Drove south from Edinburgh through border country to Newcastle then skirted the Yorkshire Moors to arrive at the Newtons via York at Selby.
Went to Black Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- The HighlandsAugust 8
Continued through the Highlands and slept through Loch Ness!, woke at Inverness.
Stopped at Nairn, Banff. Had lunch. Drove around harbour to Macduff.
Turned South to Aberdeen. Saw North Sea oil rig in distance. Aberdeen is the servi Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Travelling north...August 7
Left Ingleton. Drove through Cumbria past Gretna Green, Carlisle, Glasgow. Toured Drumlanrig Castle - home of the Scott-Douglas family. Very grand, but tatty. Then Thornhill, Ballencleuch and Dumfrieshire.
Continued North to Loch Lomo Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- London continued...August 6
Shopping at Harrods - alarm clock and maternity bathers (!), briefly toured Liberty shop, then picked up car and headed north on the M1.
Drove around Woburn Abbey - lunch at Bedford Arms in Woburn.
Continued north through Midlands, Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Touring LondonAugust 5
Went on London tour with guide, then on to Mme Tussaud’s Wax Works.
Lunch in London pub and afternoon shopping.
Theatre in evening to see Glenda Jackson in “Summit Conference”, then dinner at lovely Italian restaurant Terrazzo.
Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- London... ===August 4======
6.00 Arrived in London. Caught bus to Penta Hotel - big and soulless. Checked in then caught bus to Camden Town.
Had lunch in hotel then went on barge cruise on Thames fromWindsor to Maidenhead. Windsor is Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- IntroductionAnd again I am going to try and write a blog, this time on my travels in the UK, separate to my London exploring. This will not be as regular as the London blog, but will include day trips Posted by Wendils in UK Calling..... | Apr 17, 2016
- IntroductionHi All,
I know I don't have a good history with this blog thing, but yes I am giving it another go! I guess I am a sucker for punishment. This is the first and it will be Posted by Wendils in London by..... | Apr 17, 2016