- At the airport ✈️Arrived at Heathrow, waiting to board. Unfortunately our gate number hasn't been put up yet so looking like a long day has just got longer! Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 23, 2014
- Bath: A little bit of old and a little bit of newEggplant
The first day we got into Bath, all of us just really wanted to rest and stay in. The extent of our wandering was to a nearby supermarket where we decided to get some dinner items and enjoy them Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 23, 2014
- Week 1SO, the first week had arrived and well lets just say it was an incredible start to the rest of my summer here abroad!
Sunday, June 22, 2014: Brighton Marina & Groceries
One of the girls I met on the campus Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 22, 2014
- Stones near SalisburyEggplant
Getting from Saint Malo to Salisbury was one of the worries weighing on me. Jumping from France to the United Kingdom and passing customs wasn’t what I was worried about. It was the actual transit portion that had Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 22, 2014
I’ve purposely left this a week before writing my final blog entry, reflecting on my time in Zambia. I think I know what I want to write, but am not sure how to express myself in words.
I think I decided Posted by DrHannah in Dr Hannah in Zambia | Jul 21, 2014
- 2014 E2 OCEAN PRINCESS - ON THE WAY, UKSO - WITH A GOODBYE TO THE PRESIDENT OF ICELAND - IT'S TIME TO SAY HELLO TO LONDON & HOPEFULLY VISIT PLACES I HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE.
USUALLY WHEN VISITING THE UK I TAKE AN EXPENSIVE CUPBOARD IN THE WEST Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 18, 2004
- Apes on a PlaneWe are crossing the Atlantic in a 777 jetliner. Just that simple sentence has an air of strangeness to it. It wasn't that long ago that such a crossing was perilous indeed, and not at all for the Posted by thecarsons in The Carsons in the UK | Jul 20, 2014
- Here in EdinburghSo I have been in Edinburgh for a couple of days now. Of course, I have been to Edinburgh many times before. However, when going on the tram the other day, I have just realised how beautiful this city really Posted by TheSpiritSeeker in I have arrived! | Jul 20, 2014
- 3 days to go ...Working with lists to try and make sure we don't pack too much. Amazon Prime very useful though for those last minute necessities. Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 20, 2014
- Day 43 - Northern IrelandRising at 7.30am to allow time to pack, the day was mild and almost warm! Almost. The second-best weather we'd had. (As I told Aunty May, their presence makes up for the sunshine!).
Aunty June had already gone to look Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 19, 2014
- London CentralTime for another update. On our way back from Dorset to Chesham we visited Salisbury cathedral - took the chance while there to view one of the 4 remaining original copies of Magna Carta, which we hadn't realised was there. Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Jul 19, 2014
- Tuesday 15th July (Elton)Liverpool. Home of course to The Beatles, Liverpool football club and the Mersey river. We learnt a lot about the city today. Not too early a start this morning, and our first stop was another 'free' walking tour of Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Sunday 13th July (Elton)England has so many castles that some careful planning had to be done before we left home so we knew which castle/s we wanted to see. One castle that was high on the list of recommendations was Alnwick castle, a Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 13, 2014
- North East LincolnshireI moved to my last site in Lincolnshire on the last Saturday of June which was based on the Market Rasen Racecourse. The site was nice and quiet apart from the 1 day if racing they had but I went Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Jul 13, 2014
- HolidayHi people,
I'm going away this August and want to find a few travel buddies to go with either this year but by the time you read this then I'm probs already on holiday or get to know each other Posted by SebW in Holiday buddy /new mates wanted | Jul 13, 2014
- Friday 11th July (Elton)Travelling with suitcases can be a nightmare at some train stations. Our nearest station is overground, most of the London train network underground, and our nearest tube station, Whitchapel has at least 3 sets of stairs to transfer from Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 11, 2014
- The garage conversion gets underwaySo, we soon realised that most of the stuff in the garage could be:
4) put in the shed
So far, we haven't missed a thing!
[img=http: Posted by The Pearsons in A Journey for No 34 | Jul 11, 2014
- 'Ere d'be greetans vrom wold Darzet m'dearsWe are, as you can see, in the depths of Dorset. Learning the language has been somewhat taxing but fortunately they do actually speak English which we can understand in most places. On the other hand the countryside around here Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Jul 10, 2014
- 10th July 2014LOTS of packing of things today. And I've decided to be a bit more ruthless when sorting stuff out at the parents' house.
Bit emotional too as it is starting to sink in even more what is about to happen. Burst Posted by emmaabroad in Yorkshire | Jul 10, 2014
- Wednesday 9th July (Elton)With the Tour de France taking over the city of London on Monday, our original plans were to do a walking tour of London today. But having walked a lot of London on Monday, we decided to do the Hop Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 9, 2014
- The Granite City - Aberdeen My friend Jen G moved back home to Aberdeen last year so we planned to get the old Skye team back together (Craig & Gordon) and take a road trip up to The Granite City. It took two hours to Posted by WHYDT in Bonnie Scotland | Jul 8, 2014
- 8th July 2014So the past two days have been interesting ones.
And by interesting, I mean emotional.
On Monday, I said my goodbyes to MORE people. It was incredibly draining, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Firstly there was James in Posted by emmaabroad in Yorkshire | Jul 8, 2014
- Essex and SuffolkAfter a week house-sitting Steve and Carole's house on Mersea Island and trying to rid myself of the worst cough I've had in years (I'd been carrying it around Turkey and Greece for 6 weeks), we moved to Lawshall in Posted by kforge in Kevin and Jeni's Travels 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- Monday 7th July (Elton)Nothern Hemisphere summers. Short nights, long days, but so far, not particularly summery, but more on that as we continue. We woke, early, to the brightness of a sunny day, and with our bedroom facing east, not particularly Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- STATE OF ORIGIN - UK STYLE28/05/2014 - State of Origin - Game 1
So I managed to ban myself from social media all day today in order to not know the score of SOO game 1! And I don't know how, but I managed to succeed! Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 7, 2014