- 7's. That denotes the hours of transport to the event right?Its 3am and here I am writing a blog to you. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to be sleeping. I started work at 6.55am yesterday and managed to walk out the door at 6.45pm, and I do it Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | May 12, 2014
- Day 6 & 7 - DorsetHinten Martell
This is the village where I grew up. Spent most of my childhood here, and from that perceptive, was the centre of the world for me.
This is the church in the village called St John the Evangelist Church
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 12, 2014
- East Runton, NorfolkWell what an adventure I had today. I woke up to torrential rain and thought, oh great, where did I put my waterproof jacket? But luckily by the time I sorted out the interior of the caravan, making sure nothing Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | May 12, 2014
- Hemsby, NorfolkI know I have been referring to where I am staying as Great Yarmouth but my caravan is actually on a site in Hemsby. It is a small village with a very large beach, the campsite is right next to Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | May 10, 2014
- Day 5 - Buckingham PalaceThis being the last day in London, I had to go and see the home of the Queen. I turned up just in time as the changing of the guard was about to happen. After finding what I thought was Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 9, 2014
- Norfolk Pt 2Action packed few days.
Been to Horsey Gap and saw some seals swimming, patrolling the coast just a few meters out.
Went for a boat tour on a broad and its river, the Bure, with a very good commentary from the Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | May 9, 2014
- Day 2Contiki prepares what are called "day sheets" and Becc would be very creative in preparing hers. These sheets were very informative visuals for the travellers, so they would know what was planned. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/208217/london_day_s Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 9, 2014
- Day 4 - Royal Artillery Museum & The Tower Of LondonRoyal Artillery Museum, Woolwich
Quoted from the web site:
[i]Firepower, the Royal Artillery Museum in Woolwich tells the powerful and dramatic story of artillery, scientific discoveries made through warfare and human stories of courage and e Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 8, 2014
- London: the most popular tourist destinationSometimes it is easy forget that London is a popular tourist destination. In addition to the iconic buildings and monuments, it also is well-serviced with museums, art galleries (both free to enter don't forget!) and all manner of dining Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | May 8, 2014
- Day 3 - RAF Colindale & Tower BridgeOn the top of the must do list was a visit to the RAF Colindale Museum. For anyone interested in WW2 and just general aviation history, this should be In your bucket list.
Took about 45 minutes to get there on Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 7, 2014
- Horsey Windpump and Horsey MereThe rain held off and the sun came out just long enough for me to visit Horsey Windpump and Horsey Mere. Unfortunately due to high winds last week the sails on the windmill were broken and they were remove fir Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | May 7, 2014
- 2012 E1 YORK & WHITBYHEADING TO KINGS CROSS AGAIN FOR THE TRAIN TO YORK...
HERE WE ARE INSIDE THE WALLS OF YORK... IS THAT A PUB THROUGH THE ARCH Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- The Norfolk BroadsOn Monday afternoon I had a relaxing time on a boat trip on the Norfolk Broads which started in Wroxam. The skipper of the boat was very informative and taking a leisurely 5mph trip made it easy to take loads Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | May 5, 2014
- Leaving home......................... [center][/center] So I'm finally leaving on my Great Big Australian Adventure!!!! Can't quite believe it really!! I mean, is it real?? Am I actually going away for 1 whole year???? It kind of doesn't feel real, that I'm flying to Posted by Sunshine_Sarah in Australia 2013 - 2015 | May 7, 2014
- Day 2 - Central London Walk-AboutTook the tube to Westminster. Stepped out of the tube station and looked straight up at Big Ben.
Since I decided to get an early start, I was mixing it up with the suits and locals in rush h Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 6, 2014
- Week 4: Heading west to WalesWe picked up the van and headed west towards Wales, primarily to see a Derren Brown show at the Millenium Centre. Our first planned stop was at Oxford, however, we soon realised that parking a 5.2m long van in Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | May 6, 2014
- Day 1 - Flight over and Museum Of London For the first day, the weather was great. Warm and sunny.
The hotel is in Bayswater, not far from the centre of London.
In the street there is a whole run of cafe's and restaurant's, Italian, Lebanese, Mexican, Maccas, well , Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 5, 2014
- When a man is tired of London he is tired of life....
Samuel Johnson coined this phrase several hundred years ago and the saying still holds true to this very day. Having last been here 35 years ago I can attest to the fact that the subway still has the same Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 5, 2014
- Windsor Castle===Visiting the Queen===
It was a beautiful day to head out to see the Queen! Along with Jo, we caught the bus to Windsor Castle. The first thing that we noticed was the Queen was actually in residence as Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | May 5, 2014
- The Cotswolds===A long weekend at the Cotswolds===
Our first trip away from London since New Years, and we were very excited to be heading for a long weekend to The Cotswolds. As an engagement present, we were given 2 nights at Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | May 5, 2014
- 2012 D9 LONDON, LEEDS CASTLE & CANTERBURY, LONDON===IT'S ENGLAND - SO RAIN IS TO BE EXPECTED...===
WHEN I ARRIVED, ENGLAND HAD JUST INTRODUCED A HOSE PIPE BAN TO AVOID WATER SHORTAGES.
BIG TIME MOCKERS.
IT STARTED RAINING WHEN I GOT TO LONDON & I DON'T THINK IT Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- The yurt ==Monday==
Monday was the day where we left the flat to the yurt. Yurts are like big tents that you can stand up in and put furniture in. They are mostly found in Mongolia. Lots of people are using yurts as Posted by Cyclingjacks in Cycling the North Sea Route | May 5, 2014
- It takes some time to get there but it is worth it!Saturday afternoon in Calgary and, yes, it is still snowing! Like most everyone else, our departure was a welcome opportunity to say goodbye to winter! who thought we would be de-icing our Air Transat Airbus A330 on the Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 4, 2014
- Great Yarmouth StadiumThis trip is about seeing and doing things I have never done before and stock car racing is definitely one of those those things.
This evening I spent 3 hours with bashes, crashes and smashes. I have been to Great Yarmouth Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | May 4, 2014
- NorfolkArrived in Hickling, Norfolk, yesterday (May 3rd), staying in a house belonging to a friend of Lesley's sister. Very quiet village, narrow roads and thatched houses, on the Norfolk Broads. We arrived late afternoon, and had a Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | May 4, 2014