- Penrith to Chester July 1stGot thr sat Nav and it was on special! So set of for a jaunt along the M6. It was warm last night and is already up to 30! We got to Chester and spent the Fternoon at Chester Zoo Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jul 1, 2015
- Ambleside and Stawney Tuesday 30thToday we did a 3.5 hr walk from Ambleside which is the top of lake Windermere to Rydal and return to Ambleside. The weather was warmer had to shaft the jumper and coats and scarf and beanie for tea Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jul 1, 2015
- A bit of blighty and some amazing peopleStress levels have been off the scale this last week as we attempt to work with the insurance company Global-Response to organise Jaquies repatriation. The whole experience has been beyond shocking. We bought this premium insurance policy from Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Jun 30, 2015
- Home Sweet HomeWe coasted into Gatwick with just a few quid left over from our travel budget after our year-long adventure. And here we are – back in our living room in Cardiff.
It’s not easy to put into words how it Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jun 29, 2015
- Windermere Monday 29thToday we spent fruitless time looking for a laundromat the so gave up and headed for Windermere or really Browness on Windermere. we went to the World of Beatrix Potte and we're definitely tHe oldest visitors but it was a Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 29, 2015
- Camden Town Minicab Posted by camdenminicab in Camden Minicab Booking | Jun 29, 2015
- Back to LondonSaturday 27 June 2015
Another bright sunny day with a top of 24C.
After breakfast we headed back to London by train. From Paddington Station we ventured into the Metro for the first time – it took a while to work out Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 28, 2015
- Keswick Area Lakes District Sunday 28thIt was raining for most of the morning we visited a set of 3000 years old stone circles and of course it was on top of a hill and it was windy and raining, but fascinating. Then onto Keswick which Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 28, 2015
- 5 and a half weeks to go...
Ok testing that I can use this website...and add photos...! Posted by sjlowe83 in Sarah's North American Adventure | Jun 28, 2015
- Glasgow To Penrith via Culzean Saturday 27thThis is our last day in Scotland and it was another great day. We took a major detour out to the west cost of Scotlant to visit Culzean Castle. It was palatial. The gardens and grounds a mere 200 hectares Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 27, 2015
- In England.As I said last time, on the 4th January I took the decision to leave Portugal. I am now sitting in my parent's home knowing where my next step will be, if not what it will be. This is because Posted by LifeInASuitcase in My Life in a Suitcase! | Jun 27, 2015
- (NOT) Walking Days 4 & 5Thursday 25 June 2015
Another sunny day today and great day for a walk … but not for me. Besides the large blister on my right foot I also have a blister on my left foot from yesterday’s walk, it’s not Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 26, 2015
- Glasgow Friday 26thToday we managed to sleep to 7.30am as the hotel had decent block out curtains. We went for an early walk around the Clyde river area as most things don,t open until 10 or 11am very annoying, this is quite Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 26, 2015
- Oban to Glasgow via Stirling Thursday 25thHeaded off this morning and on the way to Stirling called in a visited Rob Roy,s grave. We spent 3hours at Stirling Castle. We did a tour first and the guide was brilliant into bringing history alive. We then walked Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 25, 2015
- Walking Day 3Wednesday 24 June 2015
Walking day 3: 16.3kms
Because of the huge blister I debated whether to walk today. I decided to walk – I’d come here especially to walk: my fitness was good and my muscles were recovering each night so Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 25, 2015
- Waking Day 2Tuesday 23 June 2015
Walking day two and today’s trail was 19.2kms.
Breakfast started later today and we didn’t start walking until 9.30am. We had a quick walk around Bourton-on-the-Water, found the starting point and headed out of town. Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 24, 2015
- Fort William to Oban Wednesday 24thWe left early this morning as we had to mKe a 9.45 ferry from Oban to Isle of Mull. We got to Oban with about 20min spare but by the time we parked the car for the day we Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 24, 2015
- Fort William Monday 23rdWe picked the best day to do our serious walking. It was sunny and warm most of today. We did four walks today totalling about 11km. We walked to lower falls of Glen Nevis then a short drive to the Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 23, 2015
- Isle of Skye to Fort William Sunday 22ndtoday we sadly left the Isle of Skye, sad because we loved it. We took a drive to Armadale and then took the car ferry across to Mallaig,very smooth. We drove to Fort William and had a late lunch, then Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 23, 2015
- Day 12Made a short distance to Edinburgh Airport to check in for return flight to USA via Dublin, Ireland. Posted by kdarensb in K&K Travels | Jun 23, 2015
- Day 10 and 11Leaving St Andrews returning west visited Loch Leven Castle, which was a prison to Mary Queen of Scots. Headed south to Edinburgh. Walked the royal mile from Palace Holyrood House to Edinburgh Castle. Posted by kdarensb in K&K Travels | Jun 23, 2015
- Hello mundoSome text Posted by klink in Out for a ride | Jun 22, 2015
- 2015: A new journey beginsThis blog should really be called Jean and Jen's journey but due to the limitations of this site I'm continuing with the title from last year's trip.
Jean and I planned a walking holiday in the Cotswolds and then decided to Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 21, 2015
- Isle of Skye Sunday 21stHad a fabulous breakfast this norning the couple running this B&b are fabulous. Headed off early to view Kirk Rock which is a volcanic lava formation. We didn't.t stay long as the midges took a liking to Hal. We headed Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 21, 2015
- Inverness to Staffin Isle of Skye Saturday 20thToday we took another picturesque drive through rugged coastlines to mountainous roads and forests. Called into seaside village called Plockton famous because Hamish Macbeth was filmed there. Hal and I both decided we could live there for a while. Then Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 20, 2015