- Black Saturday: September 7, 1940[i]Into the dark shadowed spaces below us, while we watched, whole batches of incendiary bombs fell. We saw two dozen go off in two seconds. They flashed terrifically, then quickly simmered down to pin points of dazzling white, burning ferociously. Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 7, 2008
- Chapter 13: Beer with budsWe left Christopher's after playing childhood video games and music for most of the day and met Tanner for beers. Kevin left us to play one last game of poker with Ben(not quite as successful as the previous week's game Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Sep 6, 2015
- Chapter 12: Touring with TonksWeather prevented us from getting up until we had to meet another of Ariel's University friends, Tonks. We started at the beautiful cafe in the V&A museum where we had a traditional afternoon of tea and crumpets. Afterwards, we moved Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Sep 6, 2015
- Day at Sea - Day 8Given the rough seas that we had throughout the day, it was easy to appreciate the captain's decision to avoid anchoring and sending tender boats to Lerwick. I am sorry that I will not be able to bring my Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Sep 3, 2015
- Our new home & A Magical Day OutWe have settled into a new job just outside of London, in a place called Bourne End in Hemel Hempstead. We are both working in a pub called The White Horse, Morgan is mainly behind the bar while I do Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | Sep 3, 2015
- LondonWe spent our last couple of days in Ponches Estruval going for a morning walk and then the rest of the day relaxing and reading. We left Ponches at 9am Sunday and onto the tunnel for our trip home. It's Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 3, 2015
- Edinburgh - Day 7We were on the shuttle bus before 8 AM, and had our first exposure to morning rush hour traffic. It took close to an hour to arrive at the drop off spot in Edinburgh.
This morning, we walked the other Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Sep 3, 2015
- Edinburgh - Day 6Edinburgh
As we were not due to arrive at Rosyth (the industrial port where the ship would dock to allow us to visit Edinburgh) until 1 PM, we had the morning at leisure. After breakfast, Charlie and I headed to Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Sep 2, 2015
- Holmsey reaches Hemel Hempstead, England!
Holmsey hopped his way into Hemel Hempstead bringing the sun with him . Hemel is about 20mins drive from London and only a walk away from the countryside, so we have the best of both worlds.
My towns claim to Posted by Holmsey Hare in Holmsey Hare's Hop | Sep 1, 2015
- Bank Holiday Weekend ... Chill or Exercise ... or both!?!?!?==Saturday==
Today is the start of the Bank Holiday Weekend.
I didn't need to get up early this morning, but I actually set my alarm clock and got up at 07:30 so that I could do a PiYo workout before hubby surfaced Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 31, 2015
- Day 19Hi,
We our home, having completed our final train journey an hour ago. This was the last of 34 train journeys (of which 3 were overnight) on a voyage that also included:
* 2 cog wheel train trips
* 6 cable car Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- PiYo ... A nice alternative to Running !!!==Thursday==
After yesterday's PiYo workout I was determined to do another PiYo workout this morning.
I opened the curtains and saw the weather ... blue skies and sunshine ... perfect running weather ... but then my thoughts drifted to PiYo a Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 28, 2015
- From winter to summer to rainAfter leaving my place in Adelaide at 7pm on a Wednesday evening I finally arrived at Heathrow about 36 hours later. The flight was OK but it was a bit boring spending 9 hours at Dubai airport. Luckily I had Posted by liamwimbo in UK_Europe_2015 | Aug 27, 2015
- Chapter 11: FIFA and crumpetsThe plethora of walking, transiting, viewing, eating, drinking and general touristing had finally caught up to us and a solid day of rest was well overdue. A quick trip was made into the great outdoors to pick up breakfast supplies Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 26, 2015
- Chapter 10After saying our thank-yous to Tanner and his roomie for their hospitality, we set off for another eventful day. We trucked our bags up to Chiswick where we left them at Ben's before setting off to visit Richmond park. With Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 26, 2015
- Chapter 9Despite our busy day before, Kevin set out at the crack of dawn for a full day of surprise activities hosted by his best bud Ben. They started their day with eggs and alcohol, followed by a rousing game of Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 26, 2015
- Chapter 8Highly motivated to get cheap tickets for Billy Elliott, we left early to wait in line outside of the Victoria Palace Theatre. We were one of the first people in line and the hour wait was definitely worth it as Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 26, 2015
- Alternative ExerciseThe weather is horrible today and after yesterday's Body Tone class, I really ache ... thanks to Isla and her lunges!!
I've heard a lot of talk about different fitness crazes over time, and some seem like fads (I have Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 26, 2015
- Early Monday Morning RunI am posting this late this evening, as it's the first chance I've had to write about this morning's run due to the busy day I've had ... so here goes ...
... We were up really early this morning as Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 24, 2015
- Chapter 7After so much travelling the day before we had a well needed sleep in. We eventually dragged ourselves back on our feet and walked down the South Bank towards the Tate Modern. Ugly on the outside but impressive inside we Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 24, 2015
- Chapter 6 The dreary morning made it slightly easier to leave the beautiful beach town of Brighton. In the few hours before our train departed, we wandered around the beautiful Royal Pavilion, which is a palace built in 1787 in the classic Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 24, 2015
- Weekend Running==Saturday's Post Anniversary Run==
I decided to go for a nice morning run seeing as though the sun was shining and it was due to be in the 20's today, but what I didn't plan on was my feet feeling heavy Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 23, 2015
- Holmsey's visit to Heswall[center][/center]
Holmsey has now left Heswall and is now on his way to Denmark.
He had a lovely time here although the weather could have been better.
Heswal Posted by Holmsey Hare in Holmsey Hare's Hop | Aug 23, 2015
- Chapter 5Brighton blessed us with a glorious sunny day, and therefore we spent most of it on Brighton Pier. We finally met up with Kevin's aunt, uncle and cousins on the pier and joined them for our first Guinness of the Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 23, 2015
- Bread MakingOne of my birthday presents was a day’s bread making course. As the gift was from Jonathan, I’m not entirely convinced that it was altruistic – but he came along too so he can’t feign ignorance.
The course took place in Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 22, 2015