- Windsor Castle25/05/2014
Today Sam and I met at Paddington and headed off on a day trip to Queenie's other house, Windsor Castle! We lined up for quite a while as it was a gorgeous day outside and every man and his dog Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- Nay's Wedding 17/05/2014
Today was HARD! My sister-in-law Kirsten's sister Nadine, who I have become very close with over the years, is marrying the man of her dreams today in Sydney and I am in London, unable to be there in person! There Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- Day 30 - WalesArising around 7am, we finished packing the car and got another round of hugs from Alison as she left for work. A quick breakfast and a goodbye to John, with promises to keep in touch, and we were on our Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Heading west, and lunch with a gullJust over a week ago we took to the road again and headed for Stratford on Avon (or Stratford upon Avon, depending on which side of the river you are on). We had originally booked accommodation in Shipston Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Jul 6, 2014
- Turning the big 2-8 in London!I was a little worried about my first birthday in the UK, being away from my friends and family is hard enough but on a day where you are used to having them around, I thought I'd spend the day Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Dover===Dover to Deal and lunch in Calais===
After doing the Hasting to Rye walk, we were keen to attempt another, this time on our own. We chose a long weekend to walk from Dover to Deal along the White Cliffs.
Rather Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jul 6, 2014
- 6th July 2014Saying goodbye is hard.
No, it's really hard.
I've done several now and it doesn't get any easier each time.
On Friday I had my last day at work. Sounds weird to say that I am no longer a reporter. Packing up Posted by emmaabroad in Yorkshire | Jul 6, 2014
- Mid-Week Getaway to Bath!!! 01/04/2014
So my mum's birthday was coming up and I knew that I would be a bit down as I couldn't be there to celebrate with her so I decided on a spontaneous trip to Bath which is a gorgeous city Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- My First UK Theatre Experience - Wicked26/03/2014
I put the alarm on today and got up early to head to Victoria to line up for day tickets to Wicked, the musical! I had been told that if you line up on the day that they have a Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- ROAD TRIP!!! 21/03/2014 to 23/03/2014
Soooo, Sam Barry invited me away for the weekend with her, Sam 2 and Sam's partner's cousin Joe to Joe's parents holiday house! There are not enough words to describe just how much fun the 4 of us Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Dad's 60th...20/03/2014
So today I had the first day where I wanted to be home!! My dads 60th!! We had a celebration before I left and gave him his present etc, but not being able to see him, hug him, or even Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Moving in to my new place17/03/2014
So today was the day to move into my new place! And it wasn't without a few dramas along the way! I couldn't get access to my money on my Australian card and was in tears to mum on the Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- My First UK Day Trip16/03/2014
Today I am taking my very first day trip outside of London with Lauren (who I met on day 1) and her friend Lauren (what is it with meeting people of the same name?! At least it's easy to remember Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Day 28 - EnglandWe got up early with the view to make the most of the entry fee at Warwick Castle. It was a struggle to get up as we've been up late chatting with Alison and John, which has been lovely. The Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- Independence day
Tomorrow is the big day. Moving into new place after 6 months living with family. After that just got to find work and stay afloat... Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 26 - Brunton, WiltshireWith the O'Shaughnessy family all at work and school, we headed off to tick quite a few things off our list of must-see sights. First up was the Bulford kiwi. Google it for more information. My understanding is that after Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 3, 2014
- Hello Brighton! Wow, so one week flew by so quickly! It was a great week with family but it was time to leave for Brighton...
Let me start by saying that Saturday was one heck of a day.
From the stress of taking Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 1, 2014
- Hello London! Week 1:
* relaxed at home with nils
* went shopping in central
* sightseeing: the London eye, Buckingham Palace, West Minister abbey, Piccadilly Circus, and Ealing Road
* ended the week by going out with Nilam and a few of Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 1, 2014
- Day 25 - EnglandToday was a lovely day, both weather-wise and company-wise.
Here's a pic of the caravan we're in.
And here's the house being built by John:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664122/ Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- Day 24 - England, Longfield to BruntonToday we awoke early and started preparing and packing for heading off to stay with John and Alison in Brunton. Maggie treated us to another cooked breakfast of sausages and baked beans. Lovely. All packed and ready to go we Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- Day 23 - EnglandThe weather forecast for the day didn't look great, so we planned for rain as we got ready to head back into London. The cost of the trains here are horrific. It's a 30min ride from Longfield to London and Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 29, 2014
- The loft room takes shapeEmily's room is transformed in days! I even ventured out onto the scaffolding for a close up...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/599282/879993242219AC68177A0A7EC16 Posted by The Pearsons in A Journey for No 34 | Jun 29, 2014
- Planning. Travel and packing research mission. Schools out of summer! Seven weeks off to read and watch other traveller's experiences. The plan for this summer
1. Max the gym pass (can't wait to try Fitsteps which is randomly on Wednesday at 10:15am)
2. Learn Spanish (I have Posted by WHYDT in Planning the big one... | Jun 29, 2014
- 28th June 2014The way I've been counting down to the big trek abroad is an actual countdown and the one in my little brain.
The actual countdown says I've got 15 days until I'm off to Manchester airport. In two weeks Fay and Posted by emmaabroad in Yorkshire | Jun 28, 2014
- Day 22 - EnglandToday was a lovely, relaxing day. We rose late, chatted with Maggie over an extended breakfast, then got ready to go out. We did a few loads of washing and hung them in a rack in the garden. The children Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 27, 2014