- What am I doing!?So I've started a travel blog, why? That i'm not even sure I know the answer to.
My writing ability will no doubt offend some as it clearly offended the examiner of my 2003 GCSE English exam. I don't even know Posted by jampez77 in Travelling Fool | Mar 6, 2015
- Day 19: A Day Out in the Cotswolds"When you leave a beautiful place, you carry it with you wherever you go." ―Alexandra Stoddard
Friday, February 20th
Background: [i]The Cotswolds - a ridge of limestone hills extending for about 70 miles from Bath north east towards Stratford Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Mar 4, 2015
- Here we go......Testing this out Posted by pandrews26 in PGA On Tour | Mar 1, 2015
- Starting the blog up againSo it seems I was a bit over ambitious in starting my blog just before heading out travelling and not getting used to this whole writing thing first. I ended up doing so much each day that I didn't Posted by rachie-roo in Where's Rachie?! | Feb 28, 2015
- Days 17-18: Return of The Bantam Menace"You don't notice the referee during the game unless he makes a bad call." ―Drew Curtis
Wednesday, February 18th
No class today, so I woke up early and took a brisk walk up the hill. It was a chilly morning, but the Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 22, 2015
- Days 12-16: Good Food and Foodie Friends“People who love to eat are always the best people.” ―Julia Child
Friday, February 13th
The weekend was quiet, but highly enjoyable! Nobody in the ASE program has class on Fridays because Fridays are used for study-trips (each class has at le Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 22, 2015
- Start the blog off with the bye bye pics! [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727905/picmix-32_448.jpg caption=Love u gu Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Feb 20, 2015
- Only 5 months to go!Well, just over 5 months before we depart and it seems like the planning and preparation is going well. I decided to book/ reserve our accomodation before we leave so that we didn't have to spend hours on the Internet Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Feb 22, 2015
- Days 8-11: Classes, Connections, and Chocolate :)"I go off into Dublin and two days later I'm spotted walking by the Liffey with a whole bunch of new friends." ―Ron Wood
Monday, February 9th
The morning began with a cup of tea and an unexpected visit from the gas/heating Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 14, 2015
- This is my first blog post to test the private bloggingHi Mum do you like my blog Posted by jamiedf76 in My Test | Feb 13, 2015
- Day 7: Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Lacock"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ―E. E. Cummings
Oh my goodness, SUCH a fantastic day!! Here's how it went down:
8:45am: Bus pick up [Rachel and I grabbed two seats towards the back of the bus. We Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 10, 2015
- Days 5-6: Getting Acquainted"Not all those who wander are lost." ―J. R. R. Tolkein
Friday, February 6th
11:50am-1:30pm: Nelson House - Visit to Bath University campus and Sports Training Village and ICIA Arts [We took a bus up to the university. The bus was almost Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 9, 2015
- Day 4: Books, and Packages, and Groceries, Oh My!“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” ―Mark Twain
Today was another diagnostic day. The schedule was as follows:
10:00am-12:00pm: Nelson House - 3rd Diagnostic Paper [I started with the Myths and Legends paper Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 6, 2015
- Days 2-3: The Journey So Far...“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” —Henry Miller
These last few days have been pretty jam-packed with orientation events. Here's a quick overview of our schedule:
Tuesday, February 3rd
9:00am: Masonic Ha Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 5, 2015
- Day 1: Hello, Heathrow! Then On to Bath!“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” —Confucius
Setting: February 1st, Newark Airport, Flight U29, 7:20pm. A lone passenger (who has a row all to herself!) sits in Seat 22D eagerly anticipating the moment of departure. A voice on the Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 4, 2015
- Sophie's birthdayAs quick as we had recovered from Christmas and New Year celebrations Sophie's 6th birthday was upon us and she wasn't about to let us forget it!
We had a lovely family party with Dave, Karina and Lily. We played Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Jan 27, 2015
- Christmas 2014Christmas 2014 was our first UK and cold Christmas in 9 years and only the second in 16 years. It was an exciting time for the children as there was so much going on in December to get them Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Jan 27, 2015
- Just LandedIm feeling all sorts of ways! We just landed and I am nercoups
Essays are generally scholarly pieces of writing giving the author's own argument, but the definition i Posted by aroundwego in London Here We Go | Jan 23, 2015
- Almost ready...We've had our haircuts, the laundry is done and the fridge is empty. Now for the packing......
It'll all go in.....easy.....
Pa Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Jan 20, 2015
- trip around italyI'm planning a trip around Italy for about 16 days in the end of June, early July.
My starting plan is to start off in Venice and end up in Sardinia.
days 1-2: Venice
days 3-4: Verona
days 5-6: Milan
days 7-8: Bologna Posted by marc18 in trip around itlay | Jan 19, 2015
- Goodbye UK!After a teary goodbye to my parents, sister and boyfriend I waved farewell and passed through security with a combined sense of fear and excitement. I couldn't believe that it was finally happening after about five years of dreaming and Posted by fcmarshall11 in Faraway Fi | Jan 12, 2015
- All things must come to an end...DISCLAIMER – [i]This post, regarding the time elapsed between Monday, January 5 and Friday, January 9, was written solely by Natalie, due to the fact that the Kammerer sisters had returned to their respective countries of residence at the time Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jan 11, 2015
- Packing They say that Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents a Piss Poor Performance.
I think I have everything -
Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 10, 2015
- All good things must come to an end
So many of you will know that since returning from Africa I have been sans-job. I have given it many names - fun-employment, faux-ternity leave or home-possessing bum.
However as of Monday this will be no more, I officially have Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Jan 7, 2015
- Planning Well - Thanks to the internet and modern technology I sill had to wait for over 90 mins in the Indian embassy to get a Visa.
First trip was a waisted journey as they needed my passport!! I had a Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 4, 2015