- Day 23 – 9 June (Tuesday)Breakfast was provided in our accommodation. It was in an elegant dining area – but we noticed some people who had seats for breakfast overlooking Campo Santa Maria Formosa – we envied the outlook they enjoyed! However the breakfast was Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 14, 2015
- English Countryside - Day 3First, a bit of background.....We met our friends, Karen and Dave, on a Celebrity cruise a number of years ago.
We enjoyed their company very much, and through th Posted by Cybercsp in London, Paris and Normandy | Jun 13, 2015
- London BabyIt has been a full on few days since we arrived in London, and finally taking a day to just hang out!
We arrived after a 10 hour flight from LA - was a good flight apart from crappy kids screaming Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | Jun 14, 2015
- Day 4Visited Scotland's largest city, Glasgow. A great shopping center. Went to St George Square, Glasgow Cathedral, Stirling Castle and William Wallace Monument. Posted by kdarensb in K&K Travels | Jun 14, 2015
- Edinburgh Sunday 14thWoke up to a bitterly cold morning. So that meant gloves, beanies coats etc etc. we had about a 6km walk up to Edinburgh Castle so we set of at 8am. The castle was really interesting and neat as a Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 14, 2015
- London - Day 2Her Majesty interfered with our plans this morning. WHO KNEW (besides everyone else in London) that today was her official birthday celebration, the Trooping of Colours?? So, we had to scrap our plans for the changing of Posted by Cybercsp in London, Paris and Normandy | Jun 12, 2015
- Berwick to Edinburgh Saturday 13th Looking into the distance you can see a crag called Bass Rock
Fishing village we calle Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 13, 2015
- London - Day 1London welcomed us with sunshine (the warmest day of the year thus far), and a warning that "torrents of rain" would follow by mid to late afternoon. Because we brought the umbrella, this never happened.
After breakfast, we rode the Posted by Cybercsp in London, Paris and Normandy | Jun 12, 2015
- Haltwhistle to Berwick on Tweed Friday 12thLovely farm breakfast today in a lovely farmhouse. Off to Hardians wall we visited three sights of the wall. Amazing when you think it was built in 200 ad and tho in ruins is still substantial in parts today. One Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 12, 2015
- Day 3My daughter and I explored the countryside and visited Jedburgh Abbey, Melrose Abbey, Traquair, Floors Castle and Smailholm Tower. Melrose Abbey is the final resting place for Robert the Bruce. Jedburgh Abbey was a hiding spot for Mary Queen Posted by kdarensb in K&K Travels | Jun 13, 2015
- Day 2After a 9 hour flight from SFO to DUB an hour layover in Dublin then headed to Edinburgh, Scotland. I am exhausted. Not looking forward to driving . Spending the next 2 days in Pebbles. Yes, I drove on Posted by kdarensb in K&K Travels | Jun 12, 2015
- Whitby to Haltwhistle via Hexham Thursday 11th[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7 Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 11, 2015
- Whitby Wednesday 10thWe had a lovely day on Wednesday. Awoke crack of dawn and went for a stroll along the beach front were we saw the coloured bathing huts that you see in lots of pictures. We then went and saw the Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 11, 2015
- Day 1Departing San Francisco making my way to the rolling hills of Scotland.
I am so excited! Can't wait to see everything Scotland has to offer; kilts, bagpipes, ancient castles. A feast for my senses. Posted by kdarensb in K&K Travels | Jun 10, 2015
- Scarborough to Whitby via Robin Hoods Bay Tuesday 9thWow what lovely scenery we have seen today. Short trip to Robin Hoods bay saw us do a 3hr walk doing part of the Cleveland Way Walk. Met some very helpful locals. Nice to be out of the country and Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 9, 2015
- York to Scarborough Monday 8thWoke up early today so we packed up and headed to the coast. We stopped at Castle Howard and walked the garden ,Bron you would love this garden. It was sumptuous. If you lived there you wouldnt need to go Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 8, 2015
- We're off![float=left]
We're finally off on our mammoth US holiday. After finishing packing at around 9pm last night, we are all ready and waiting when the car arrives to take u Posted by Victorious56 in Our Great American Adventure | Jun 8, 2015
- Silverstone, England My trip is now winding to a close with my final stop being in Silverstone, England to watch a MotoGP motorcycle race. The flight to England took 15 hours with a connection and costs around $1000 dollars, the flight also Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- York Sunday 7thWow we had a warm day today, no chilling winds. The town was very quiet this morning all the hen party revellers had slept in, even tho they wokeuswhen they arrive back in the wee hours.Visited the Shambles which is Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 7, 2015
- Monday in LondonThe day was pleasant so we caught the bus to Westminster Abby. We only queaued for 10 minutes so was happy with that, on the Saturday we noticed the queau was 6 times as long. We spent a Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 7, 2015
- London on a SundayWe headed to Trafalgar Square in our rain coats, walking accross the Thames it started pouring with rain, we spied the hop on hop off buses so decided to do a tour while it was raining. We renigged about the Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 6, 2015
- York Saturday 6th
Another cold day. I am the only one walking around with gloves and beanie! Went for a walk around city wall which is impressive and did a guided tour of the history of York. I petered out afterlinch and Hal Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 6, 2015
- London to York Friday 5thWe had to get up early today to get to Kings Cross Station for our train to York. We went first class at it was all laid on well no gluten free but. Hal ate heaps. Picked up the Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 6, 2015
- London Thursday 4thWe headed out to Tower on London today train hopping. There was a huge crowd wherever you went which is a pain. Place was impressive especially Crown Jewels but we were not allowed to photo them.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/E1B765ABB9 Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 6, 2015
- London on a SaturdayAfter a tasty breakfast supplied by the Sidney Hotel we caught the 24 bus to Trafalgar Square. This bus went from Pimlico to Hamstead Heath. Our first stop was Trafalgar Square. Our last three visits to London had Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 6, 2015