- Day 19Hi,
We our home, having completed our final train journey an hour ago. This was the last of 34 train journeys (of which 3 were overnight) on a voyage that also included:
* 2 cog wheel train trips
* 6 cable car Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- PiYo ... A nice alternative to Running !!!==Thursday==
After yesterday's PiYo workout I was determined to do another PiYo workout this morning.
I opened the curtains and saw the weather ... blue skies and sunshine ... perfect running weather ... but then my thoughts drifted to PiYo a Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 28, 2015
- From winter to summer to rainAfter leaving my place in Adelaide at 7pm on a Wednesday evening I finally arrived at Heathrow about 36 hours later. The flight was OK but it was a bit boring spending 9 hours at Dubai airport. Luckily I had Posted by liamwimbo in UK_Europe_2015 | Aug 27, 2015
- Chapter 11The plethora of walking, transiting, viewing, eating, drinking and general touristing had finally caught up to us and a solid day of rest was well overdue. A quick trip was made into the great outdoors to pick up breakfast supplies Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 26, 2015
- Chapter 10After saying our thank-yous to Tanner and his roomie for their hospitality, we set off for another eventful day. We trucked our bags up to Chiswick where we left them at Ben's before setting off to visit Richmond park. With Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 26, 2015
- Chapter 9Despite our busy day before, Kevin set out at the crack of dawn for a full day of surprise activities hosted by his best bud Ben. They started their day with eggs and alcohol, followed by a rousing game of Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 26, 2015
- Chapter 8Highly motivated to get cheap tickets for Billy Elliott, we left early to wait in line outside of the Victoria Palace Theatre. We were one of the first people in line and the hour wait was definitely worth it as Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 26, 2015
- Alternative ExerciseThe weather is horrible today and after yesterday's Body Tone class, I really ache ... thanks to Isla and her lunges!!
I've heard a lot of talk about different fitness crazes over time, and some seem like fads (I have Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 26, 2015
- Early Monday Morning RunI am posting this late this evening, as it's the first chance I've had to write about this morning's run due to the busy day I've had ... so here goes ...
... We were up really early this morning as Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 24, 2015
- Chapter 7After so much travelling the day before we had a well needed sleep in. We eventually dragged ourselves back on our feet and walked down the South Bank towards the Tate Modern. Ugly on the outside but impressive inside we Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 24, 2015
- Chapter 6 The dreary morning made it slightly easier to leave the beautiful beach town of Brighton. In the few hours before our train departed, we wandered around the beautiful Royal Pavilion, which is a palace built in 1787 in the classic Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 24, 2015
- Weekend Running==Saturday's Post Anniversary Run==
I decided to go for a nice morning run seeing as though the sun was shining and it was due to be in the 20's today, but what I didn't plan on was my feet feeling heavy Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 23, 2015
- Holmsey's visit to Heswall[center][/center]
Holmsey has now left Heswall and is now on his way to Denmark.
He had a lovely time here although the weather could have been better.
Heswal Posted by Holmsey Hare in Holmsey Hare's Hop | Aug 23, 2015
- Chapter 5Brighton blessed us with a glorious sunny day, and therefore we spent most of it on Brighton Pier. We finally met up with Kevin's aunt, uncle and cousins on the pier and joined them for our first Guinness of the Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 23, 2015
- Bread MakingOne of my birthday presents was a day’s bread making course. As the gift was from Jonathan, I’m not entirely convinced that it was altruistic – but he came along too so he can’t feign ignorance.
The course took place in Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 22, 2015
- CarolynA couple of days after my birthday I received a call telling me that Carolyn, a former colleague and good friend, had died. Carolyn was only in her early forties and, although I knew she had health problems, I wasn’t Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 22, 2015
- Anniversary RunToday is my 11th Wedding Anniversary. Unfortunately, my husband is at work today, and I have a lot of work to get through before we go out for a lovely Anniversary dinner tonight, but that didn't stop me from going Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 21, 2015
- Day 10Decided to go to the Tate Modern (art gallery) today which meant passing St Paul's Cathedral on the way. Very beautiful building from the outside but we decided not to pay the £18 per person to see the inside. We Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 20, 2015
- Day 9Today we took the short walk to Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace and Hyde Park and ended up at Harrod's. Kensington Gardens is very nice, really beautifully set out and perfectly kept. And the palace, well it looks like Kensington Palace. Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 20, 2015
- Guernsey to Manchester, Manchester to Lockerbie in ScotlandOur plane wasn't leaving Guernsey till 12.15 pm so had time for breakfast in our hotel. Returning the car just drove straight in. A small airport so we were soon processed and had time for a coffee before Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 19, 2015
- Day 8Today we did the guided tour of Lord's Cricket Ground. It was a very interesting and enjoyable experience and brought back many memories of watching cricket on TV from Lord's. We got to see the Lord's Museum (where the Ashes Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 18, 2015
- Day 7Late start today. Getting a little tired I think. Did the really tourist thing today. Westminster, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, St James's Gardens, County Hall and The Embankment. Met Laura in the very interesting Gordon's Wine Bar for wine and Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 17, 2015
- From carb overload back to normalityWow!!! What a weekend it's been ... I've had a complete carb overload since Friday starting with pizzas on Friday night, wedding food all day Saturday and ending the weekend with a chilli hotdog. Talk about stuffed and not able Posted by MichelleSmith79 in Shell's Running Blog | Aug 17, 2015
- Chapter 4After a much needed sleep in, we got brekkie and made our way to the famed British Museum where we spent much of the afternoon. Egyptian and Assyrian statues greeted us at the doors to what was rooms upon rooms Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 17, 2015
- Chapter 2The day kicked off fairly early, moving to another hostel (Maureen's first!) and getting free London passes from Kevin's extended family who were heading up north. Westminster Abbey was the first stop and we were treated to an abundance of Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 17, 2015