- Happy cinco de... de...beer me?Why hello there nation. Second day/night in London and it twas a delight.
Big Ben. Westminster Abbey. The Parliament. Nude Cherubs. Hyde Park. Churchill War Rooms (sort of). Buckingham Palace. And Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 7, 2015
- PULHAM MARKET - MAY 6thAnd of course this morning the bikes don't start - both have completely flat batteries.
Luckily we brought our Jump Starter Kit with us - a new purchase and worth every cent.
We phoned Norwich BMW and found they have one battery Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON to FELIXSTOWE - MAY 5thThe big day has finally arrived - we left London early morning on the train to Felixstowe to collect our bikes.
And of course we met up with some other Aussies doing the same thing. Ron who is touring around Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON - May 4thMonday - Bank Holiday in England, time to be a tourist.
The Sony World Photography Competition Exhibition was on - cannot possibly miss this one, hoping to learn some techniques.
Here are a few of my favourites -
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON - May 2nd & 3rdNougat packed himself ready to go - this much travelled bear was not going to miss out
It is such a long trip - 32hrs from when we left home until when we arrived in London.
[img= Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- Planes, lost baggage, ubers, flats, skies, etc...On May 4th the world reaffirmed that not all airport travel is destined to be vampirically energy sucking, mind-numbing, colon clogging (come on, I cannot be the only one whom is affected by extended travel. Trips of over a Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 5, 2015
- Jet Lag City.Further discussion of flight, tonight's adventures (twins bday party in park, beers at a pub while viewing Arsenal domination, visit to a speakeasy that takes one back, and getting semi lost in an uber in a foreign country) will Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 4, 2015
- Tactile AlivenessOn this blog we share our travel experiences through stories, updates, and photos. 'WOA' is also about traveling into 'aliveness'. For me, that also means waking up dormant senses. I tend to describe things mostly using sight/visual description, and write Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 29, 2015
- Days 55-61: Falling Behind and Catching Up"The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up." ―Author Unknown
Seeing as I've fallen behind a bit in my travel blog, I'm going to attempt to catch myself up by breezing over this week:
Saturday, March 28th
● Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Apr 21, 2015
- Over and outAt last, after 166 days out of England we are back. The cats seemed pleased to see us and we seem to have slipped back into normal Manchester life with surprising ease. Of course, nothing will be the same again Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Apr 21, 2015
- Saturday 28th MarchWe stopped at Windermere to return the cottage keys. For the first time all week we experienced rather heavy rain so we decided to head back to Edinburgh early. We stopped at Moffat with Bobby for lunch and Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 28, 2015
- Friday 27th MarchWe had boiled eggs for breakfast and then took Bobby for a walk along the edge of Windermere. We went for lunch with Bobby to the Drunken Duck and really enjoyed the food there which was a light lunch Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 27, 2015
- Thursday 26th MarchDad woke us at 6am and told us that there was 3 inches of snow!! We didn't believe him at first as the previous day had been so sunny and we had sat outside. Grant and I drove Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 26, 2015
- Wednesday 25th MarchWe went for breakfast to nearby Chesters café with Richard and Fon. We said cheerio and then returned to the cottage and sat in the sunshine before getting changed. We went for a wonderful 6 mile walk Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 25, 2015
- Tuesday 24th MarchWe got up very early and drove to Kendal to do some shopping at Marks & Spencer in time for their 9am opening. We paid a quick visit to Morrisons and then had an early lunch at the cottage. Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 24, 2015
- Monday 23rd MarchWe went to the Langdale valley with Bobby and did a walk with him. We had an early lunch at the Watermill pub in Ings with Bobby (lovely nachos!) and then did some more shopping at Booths in Windermere. Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 23, 2015
- Sunday 22nd MarchWe had a nice breakfast at the cottage and met Lisa, Gary and Matthew at the Treetop Trek adventure park on the outskirts of Windermere. We sat in the sunshine outside for lunch and then played in the park. Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 22, 2015
- Saturday 21st MarchWe left Edinburgh at 9:30am and stopped for lunch at The Watermill (near Penrith) for some homemade soup and fresh bread. We picked up our cottage keys in Windermere and arrived at the beautiful River House cottage at 3pm. Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 21, 2015
- Wigan to FolkestoneNo problems at all on the journey. Everything went swimmingly.
Set off at 9.30am and arrived at 3.30 pm in Folkestone. The sun was shining brightly and it was really warm. The campsite was really peaceful. After Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Apr 19, 2015
- Setting off
After 17 years Shelly and I are heading back to the UK and Ireland. It's hard to believe it's been that long but the world is big and the Italians have better food, and sc Posted by paulymx in UK and Ireland 2015 | Apr 19, 2015
- What about work!There is a massive difference between booking a couple of weeks leave and being able to get away for over four months. Our work situations are very different and therefore so was our approach to getting time off. Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Apr 18, 2015
- The End of a fantastic journeySix months have flown by so so fast and I feel very priviledged to have been able to make this journey. There was barely a day that went by when I didn't want to stop the clock.
I have witness Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Apr 17, 2015
- Days 48-54: Oxford WeekAnd that sweet City with her dreaming spires,
She needs not June for beauty’s heightening... ―Excerpt from Matthew Arnold's poem
Saturday, March 21st
9:10am: Bus Pick-Up [Predictably, Rachel was my bus buddy. Neither of us napped on t Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Apr 14, 2015
- French haircut in Warrington EnglandWhen we arrived in London, I started itching for a sassy, wash-and-go haircut. Since the pound-to-dollar exchange is still expensive, I thought I'd wait until we get in the euro zone. Then we arrived in Warrington, England on Friday (4/10). Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 13, 2015
- Lord & Lady Cavendish get Snatched & Showered w/ChocolatesWarrington, England is one of those stops that makes no sense to me. I mean, it wasn't in our plans to stop there
but it was on the way to Scotland and it was damn cheaper than spending the night in Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 13, 2015