- As we walked outIt's final countdown and final preparations are underway for the trip we never thought we would make. We leave Exton Rd on Friday 30th September and fly to Thailand, our first destination, the following day. The excitement mounts, although Andrew Posted by pennyandrew16 in As we walked out | Sep 26, 2016
- Day 18 – London (day 1)Our first London B&B is called “Wellness House” by the proprietors because they supply filtered water, organic healthful foods, a no-shoes-in-house policy, and an air-purifier machine for the room (not sure what that one does). The breakfast was wonderfu Posted by camner in Ireland and London 2016 | Sep 25, 2016
- ScotlandFor our annual driving trip we decided to head north to Scotland. This involved putting the car on a ferry from Calais, France to Dover, England. We started the drive after work on a Thursday and were scheduled to drive Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Sep 25, 2016
- Busy Day on Isle Of WightFirst thing this morning we found an Email advising us that our dear friend Bert had passed away after a long and painful struggle against multiple medical conditions..
After a subdued breakfast we're off to the Red Funnel Ferry Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 25, 2016
- Day 17 – Belfast to Dublin to LondonAt breakfast there was a couple from County Wicklow Ireland that we could talk with. We started driving at 9:00 since we wanted to see one site and then get to the airport on time for our flight to Posted by camner in Ireland and London 2016 | Sep 24, 2016
- Every traveler has their favorite spot Do you ever get those days, or moments when you think back to a specific place you visited and your brain just transports you back there? Do you lose all sense of being as it brings a smile to Posted by av9901 in Forever roaming the world | Sep 24, 2016
- Slack Day in SouthamptonStarted the day by booking return trips on the Red Funnel Ferry to the Isle Of Wight for tomorrow. The ferry sails every hour on the hour, so we booked for 10:00. I feel a bit uncomfortable not Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 24, 2016
- Day 16 – Antrim Coast to BelfastAt breakfast we chatted a little with people from Arkansas, North Carolina, and the Netherlands, but we needed to scoot out early to get to Belfast so we didn’t linger long to talk. We drove just over an hour Posted by camner in Ireland and London 2016 | Sep 23, 2016
- Day 15 – The Antrim CoastWe enjoyed another good breakfast: poached eggs, baked beans, and toast, plus yogurt and fruit and coffee. Fortunately we walk a fair amount each day to wear off so much food,
We left early (by 9:15) so we could Posted by camner in Ireland and London 2016 | Sep 23, 2016
- Day in PortsmouthOur destination today is Portsmouth, not for any specific reason but we're unlikely to have the opportunity again. We have a trip booked with Country Express Coaches departing Southampton at 08:30 and returning from Portsmouth at 13:55. The coach Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 23, 2016
- Day 14 – Derry to the Antrim CoastOur B&B, Victoria Gate, in Derry was a different style than others in that it was a new home (I’d guess at most 2 years old) that had two B&B rooms on the third floor. It was a huge Posted by camner in Ireland and London 2016 | Sep 22, 2016
- Visit to WinchesterAnother satisfying breakfast and then off to the station where we collected the tickets I'd organised through the Internet. All very efficient. Our trip to Winchester is a stop along the way to London. The train was Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 22, 2016
- Around SouthamptonCrashed a bit early last night and had a disturbed sleep. Fully awake at 06:00 so got up, washed and dressed. Downstairs for breakfast by about 07:00 and out on the street by 07:50. Walking from the Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 21, 2016
- On to SouthamptonDespite the late start we both had a reasonable sleep and awoke quite alert and ready to take on the day. First order of business being breakfast. Premier Inn has three levels of choice, we opted for the Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 20, 2016
- Touchdown at Heathrow LondonAfter a restful sleep in the Transit Hotel we sorted out some 'essentials' some Singapore dollars, we'll be back here on the cruise and flying through again next year as well. Found a Chemist shop and purchased a few Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 20, 2016
- 5 years a traveler ===Australia – New Zealand – Thailand – Laos – Cambodia – Vietnam – Czech Republic – Bali – Singapore – Mexico – Belize – Guatemala – Nicaragua – (via Costa Rica ) – Panama – Colombia – Peru – Posted by av9901 in Forever roaming the world | Sep 17, 2016
- Malaysia Part 3We leave the Golden Mile complex after boarding our bus to Kuala Lumpur. Might I say the busses are very comfortable with lots of room, our bus is full not a spare seat in the house.
A short while after clearing Posted by SCorbett in Travelling across Sri Lanka with friends | Sep 15, 2016
- Singapore Part 2Well today sees us check out of the Pan Pacific for our one night stay at the Marina Bay Sands - it is so expensive.
We check in and ask for a high floor as we are in Malaysia celebrating 2 Posted by SCorbett in Travelling across Sri Lanka with friends | Sep 15, 2016
- RitornoDall'alto, Atene finisce agli angoli degli occhi sonnolenti. Le montagne d'arbusti, di rami, di tronchi verticali con fronde orizzontali, di fichi d'india, di aranci, di zucche e fichi, riempiono i bachi dei mercati ai lati delle strade bruciate dal sole. Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 14, 2016
- Bubble burst, reality smacks !===I can’t speak for every backpacker out there but the ones I know, the blogs I’ve read all share the common feeling – coming back home like a massive comedown; Actually more like somebody took a knife and punctured through Posted by av9901 in Forever roaming the world | Sep 14, 2016
- Living In the Moment
If you ever watch MOTD2 (Match of the Day 2 for the football uninitiated), then you will know that it features "2 Good, 2 Bad". Two highly entertaining highlights and then tw Posted by edandsuet in 2 Good, 2 Bad | Sep 8, 2016
- Ready to Go
My backpack weighs 7kgs but I can still run with it on.
Follow my blog to find out where I am and the places I have visited
See you in 2017
Thom Posted by edandsuet in Thomas's Great Adventure | Sep 8, 2016
- MusicaΌσο θάβεις το σποράκι, τόσο βγάνει ανθό. / As deep as you sow the seed, that much the blossom will grow.
Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Aug 31, 2016
- LibriIl greco non lo legge nessuno. Qui se uno arriva ad avere mille lettori è fortunato. I greci colti non leggono i loro scrittori; preferiscono leggere i libri tedeschi, inglesi, francesi. In Grecia uno scrittore non ha possibilità.
[img=http://photos. Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Aug 30, 2016
- Nerves and excitmentSo it's the day of our flight and later on we will be departing from Heathrow to Bali. We have been saving and booking things as we have gone a long and now the time has come to live a Posted by 00Verney in 2 Tits in Paradise | Aug 27, 2016