- Paris and backWell, here's a quick update of the last couple of weeks:
Went to Dorking and had lunch with an uncle of Lesley's at a lovely winery; had a walk around the town, then drove up Box Hill, with a good Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Aug 17, 2014
- Purshall HallNo such thing as sitting idle here at Heathers!
We've been cake assistants to a busy weekend of markets
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/F406F55C2219AC68 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 17, 2014
- LondonWe've had a few relaxing days in London, not the best of summer weather, but not too much rain. We have caught up with a few old friends and gone on a couple of walks. While walking we discovered Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 17, 2014
- If It's Friday, It Must Be High Tea At Kensington PalaceAmazingly, I am mobile after my somewhat epic journey of yesterday and the day before. Got to London safe and sound on Thursday around noon. Checked into the Abbey Court Hotel in Notting Hill, Kensington. Very old building, with nice Posted by scoconino in One More Time: Europe 2014 | Aug 15, 2014
- ScarboroughAfter an enjoyable couple of weeks in York I moved on to Scarborough. This is the furthest north I have been on the east coast and I was looking forward to seeing how the seaside compared to southern seaside towns.
I Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 14, 2014
- nervous excitmentI have to admit that I am slightly nervous about this trip. But I am sure it will all be fine. Not even I can overpack with a luggage allowance of 23 kg. I am already dreaming of shopping in Posted by alix001 in Alix USA trip | Aug 14, 2014
- Um what to pack !Hi everyone, yesterday I finished my job. It was sad to goodbye to everyone. But the right decision. Today is my first day of holiday. At least I have begun to pack for my trip. That's all Posted by alix001 in Alix USA trip | Aug 14, 2014
- Final BlogWell we have been home nearly forty eight hours and we are still on a high.
The trip back from Delhi to Heathrow, which was an eight hour flight, and was the first flight in many years I didn't take Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Aug 14, 2014
- Glad the book at school aren't this big! If the books were this big we would be at school for 35 million years!!' Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 13, 2014
- I Heart LondonWe arrived in London Monday morning we've pretty much been in jumpers for the first time all trip, the weathers also changed we've had rain!
Here's our afternoon in London in pictures
We saw the amazing poppies at the Tower of London
[img=http://ph Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 13, 2014
- Hot under the collarColourful language on Union Crescent this afternoon. Those present: two dog walkers with their Chihuahua and St. Bernard and a mother with children, one in push buggy one older about 6 or 7. The man with the Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Aug 13, 2014
- The RoadSo I am going to (try) and write a blog about my travels and experiences this year. As you might have guessed from the title of the blog, there is a musical theme, partly because it's interesting and partly because Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Aug 12, 2014
- LondonWe arrived in London feeling a little weary as the flight is only 7 hours, so not much time for sleep (left Chicago 6pm arrived London 8am). We didn't do too much the first day other than catch up Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 12, 2014
- The BumpEverything was set for the big adventure. Car furred and shipped, eye-wateringly expensive tickets booked. On that note, in a desperate bid to save a few pennies it turns out the cheapest way to sly to South America is via Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 11, 2014
- Change of PlanSo Africa was off. It was decided that we had to come up a new plan. Like many an explorer before us we decided the best location for a planning meeting was in a country pub. Beside a roaring Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 11, 2014
- The National Railway MuseumTo complete my visit to York I spent my last day at the National Railway Museum which is free to visit. They have an impressive amount of trains there and some famous ones too like the Mallard and Stephenson's Rocket. Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 11, 2014
- What am I doing with my life?What are you doing?
In 2003, I gave up my job at Cable & Wireless to go travelling round the world. As a 30-year-old with nothing tying me down in England, I thought I'd better do it while I had the Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Aug 10, 2014
- Yorkshire Lavender and Nunnington HallAfter my 3 days of intense sightseeing I just wanted to chill out for a day before making the most of my last couple of days when I decided to visit Yorkshire Lavender and Nunnington Hall.
Yorkshire Lavender is a Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 9, 2014
- Home BaseIt struck me that we have not made much mention of our 'place of abode' or base while we have been here in the UK. So I (Graham) went out today and took some photos of the bustling town of Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Aug 7, 2014
- OnlineI've just had internet installed and activated and that means you may well be hearing more from me. (Especially if you read my blog). Not only was it inconvenient going to the library, it was too much trouble Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Aug 6, 2014
- Test blogTestes testes 1 2 3.............
Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Aug 5, 2014
- Our African adventure that never was. So for those that don't know Andy and I are on a bit of an adventure, the plan was hatched a while back but no one can quite remember where, it might have been during one of the practice sessions Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 4, 2014
- Castle HowardThis was the second day of my York Pass and I made the most of it.
Before I went to Castle Howard I had no idea what I would find there, I estimated I would be there for about 2-3 hours Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 3, 2014
- Being a Tourist in YorkI am so upset that I lost all this page just as I had finished typing it, 3 days work lost in 3 seconds. I will try to remember what I had written, so here goes.
York has so many interesting Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 2, 2014
- Day 58 - IpswichAs there was no set check out time for our house in Gorsey Bank, Wirksworth, we didn't have to hurry in our packing and cleaning, which was nice. We said our goodbyes to Jasper the cat as the sky started Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 2, 2014