- Welcome to Stratford upon Avon ![center]Welcome to Stratford upon Avon[/center]
I fell in love with this quintessential English town long before I first visited it and each new visit is a delight in itself !
Shakespeare's birth town is attractive in all seasons and I love Posted by victorian67 in Postcards from England | Jul 25, 2014
- London, Monday / Tuesday, 21st / 22nd July 2014Monday found us back at the Brussels train station again, this time to take the Eurostar to London.
After just a bit over a couple of hours we were in London & dropping off our bags at our Soho Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 24, 2014
- Paying Homage to the Genius at Stratford-upon-AvonEggplant
Our visit to Shakespeare’s birthplace was very brief and a bit of a letdown. The museum was cool, but very small. They had a few important artifacts like the marketplace stone that Shakespeare would have touched while his Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 23, 2014
- Week 3 WEEK THREE WHAAAT!
I have officially been in the United Kingdom for FOUR weeks now! How insane is that!?
SO this week was not as exciting as other weeks but was still a fun fun week!
[u][b]Wednesday, July 9th, 2014: Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 23, 2014
- Week 2 Week 2 is already over!? how fast do the days go by here...jeez!
This week was not as jam packed as week 1 but was still a pretty awesome week that started off with some clubbing on the beach and Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 23, 2014
- Bidding war bluesPicked up that bloody bicycle. Covered in rust. Don't ask how much. The man that sold it to me was a definite prototype for a character that has appeared in numerous sitcoms. He dropped it off Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Jul 23, 2014
- Living like common peopleWent to the laundrette in Westgate-On-Sea to wash my sheets, picking up some books in the library on the way. Kent Libraries let you take 30 out at a time, which I think you'll agree is quite enough to Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Jul 23, 2014
- 2 weeks laterWell, it seems a once idle fantasy is taking shape. I spent so many years fretting about whether to stay or go in China and perhaps in the end losing my passport gave me the shove I needed. Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Jul 23, 2014
- At the airport ✈️Arrived at Heathrow, waiting to board. Unfortunately our gate number hasn't been put up yet so looking like a long day has just got longer! Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 23, 2014
- Bath: A little bit of old and a little bit of newEggplant
The first day we got into Bath, all of us just really wanted to rest and stay in. The extent of our wandering was to a nearby supermarket where we decided to get some dinner items and enjoy them Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 23, 2014
- welcome to uk and you can buy cheap ghd hereIt is possible to lethargic on considering up-Grades ghd Hair Straighteners sale hailing beyond several employees or would like see longer some others, You will revise how often of for you to simply see features against specified pc shoppers coupled Posted by lg5466 in Gim Luis'Blog | Jul 22, 2014
- Week 1SO, the first week had arrived and well lets just say it was an incredible start to the rest of my summer here abroad!
Sunday, June 22, 2014: Brighton Marina & Groceries
One of the girls I met on the campus Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 22, 2014
- Stones near SalisburyEggplant
Getting from Saint Malo to Salisbury was one of the worries weighing on me. Jumping from France to the United Kingdom and passing customs wasn’t what I was worried about. It was the actual transit portion that had Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 22, 2014
I’ve purposely left this a week before writing my final blog entry, reflecting on my time in Zambia. I think I know what I want to write, but am not sure how to express myself in words.
I think I decided Posted by DrHannah in Dr Hannah in Zambia | Jul 21, 2014
- 2014 E2 OCEAN PRINCESS - ON THE WAY, UKSO - WITH A GOODBYE TO THE PRESIDENT OF ICELAND - IT'S TIME TO SAY HELLO TO LONDON & HOPEFULLY VISIT PLACES I HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE.
USUALLY WHEN VISITING THE UK I TAKE AN EXPENSIVE CUPBOARD IN THE WEST Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 18, 2004
- Apes on a PlaneWe are crossing the Atlantic in a 777 jetliner. Just that simple sentence has an air of strangeness to it. It wasn't that long ago that such a crossing was perilous indeed, and not at all for the Posted by thecarsons in The Carsons in the UK | Jul 20, 2014
- Here in EdinburghSo I have been in Edinburgh for a couple of days now. Of course, I have been to Edinburgh many times before. However, when going on the tram the other day, I have just realised how beautiful this city really Posted by TheSpiritSeeker in I have arrived! | Jul 20, 2014
- 3 days to go ...Working with lists to try and make sure we don't pack too much. Amazon Prime very useful though for those last minute necessities. Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 20, 2014
- Day 43 - Northern IrelandRising at 7.30am to allow time to pack, the day was mild and almost warm! Almost. The second-best weather we'd had. (As I told Aunty May, their presence makes up for the sunshine!).
Aunty June had already gone to look Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 19, 2014
- London CentralTime for another update. On our way back from Dorset to Chesham we visited Salisbury cathedral - took the chance while there to view one of the 4 remaining original copies of Magna Carta, which we hadn't realised was there. Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Jul 19, 2014
- Tuesday 15th July (Elton)Liverpool. Home of course to The Beatles, Liverpool football club and the Mersey river. We learnt a lot about the city today. Not too early a start this morning, and our first stop was another 'free' walking tour of Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Sunday 13th July (Elton)England has so many castles that some careful planning had to be done before we left home so we knew which castle/s we wanted to see. One castle that was high on the list of recommendations was Alnwick castle, a Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 13, 2014
- North East LincolnshireI moved to my last site in Lincolnshire on the last Saturday of June which was based on the Market Rasen Racecourse. The site was nice and quiet apart from the 1 day if racing they had but I went Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Jul 13, 2014
- HolidayHi people,
I'm going away this August and want to find a few travel buddies to go with either this year but by the time you read this then I'm probs already on holiday or get to know each other Posted by SebW in Holiday buddy /new mates wanted | Jul 13, 2014
- Friday 11th July (Elton)Travelling with suitcases can be a nightmare at some train stations. Our nearest station is overground, most of the London train network underground, and our nearest tube station, Whitchapel has at least 3 sets of stairs to transfer from Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 11, 2014