- Orca excursionTo begin, one might wonder why I archive posts in the United Kingdom- this is to differentiate between my preparation toned, pre-cruise entries and those I write once the cruise begins. Once I start to blog about the holiday itself, Posted by Idyllic Ambling in Idyllic Ambling | Mar 21, 2017
- BARBICAN BLUES[center][/center]
We have the hostilities between Germany and Britain during the 1940s to thank (or to Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 19, 2017
- The Idea Creation We had never been particularly interested in travelling until we took a leap and booked a holiday to Canada. I suppose having family based in Ontario made a massive difference. My second Cousin (Twice removed), Christine, planned us the most Posted by Daisymarshall in Dais&Leon's trip! | Mar 18, 2017
- TO THE LIGHT HOUSE, with apologies to Virginia Woolf![center][/center]
For those literary types, who are hoping that this about Virginia Woolf, please forgive me because it is not. I th Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 17, 2017
- Bidupp.comHi everyone!
I wanted to start this new topic because nowadays is more common to travel with a transfer than with a taxi. I would like to tell you all my experience with transfers in Spain in my last trip there Posted by sofhiesmith in Transfers in Malaga | Mar 16, 2017
- WALKING IN AND AROUND WAPPING[center][/center]
[center][b][i]I thought that I knew all about Wapping until I met Fergy. He spent a sunny day with me Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 15, 2017
- AN OASIS NEAR OXFORD STREETI have often walked south from Oxford Street along Duke Street, and always noticed the raised pavilion with a dome on the right. It stands in what appears to have once been a square. The dome surmounts four neoclassical porticos Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 12, 2017
- Tokyo By TrainCame across this video recommendation on Reddit. It's a breakdown of the train system in Tokyo. Saving this here as it's worth taking a second look in the future :) Will bring a bit of familiarity so I will know Posted by x0Kiss0fDeath in Japan! | Mar 12, 2017
- Planning Phase!We've decided within the past week that we are going to head to Japan next year! We've not actually taken a proper trip in our entire nearly 4 married years together (apart from visiting my family in the US) and Posted by x0Kiss0fDeath in Japan! | Mar 12, 2017
- WOOLWICH - above and belowMy wife is a legal professional. Her work takes her to courts all over Greater London. When I am not working, I often meet her near a court, where she is working, for lunch or a snack. Recently, she was Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 8, 2017
- Early summer plansIt is only fitting that I should start this blog by sharing my upcoming travel plans for early summer. I have been invited by close family to join them on a wonderful ten-day holiday exploring Alaska. Our cruise ship will Posted by Idyllic Ambling in Idyllic Ambling | Mar 7, 2017
- VERDANT VAUXHALL[center][/center]
Vauxhall is a district of south-west London on the right bank of the River Thames. It is said that a Ru Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 5, 2017
- Welcome to Idyllic AmblingWelcome to Idyllic Ambling, I’m very pleased you’ve come across this blog. Idyllic Ambling may garner many interpretations, a favourite of mine being ‘a beautiful walk’. One might be puzzled by this chosen title but, by consciously choosing words which Posted by Idyllic Ambling in Idyllic Ambling | Mar 3, 2017
- Pause in the blogBlog continued after a rather lengthy delay! The visit of the Findlers meant that there was a lot to be written about and we knew we’d be pestered until we got it up... We were on the last leg of Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 28, 2017
- KENSINGTON CARVINGSAbutting Hyde Park to the east, Kensington Gardens extends westward to notting Hill Gate and Kensington Palace. Once the home of the Museum of London back in the 1960s, the palace has been home to royalty for many centuries.
[center][img=http://photos. Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Feb 27, 2017
- EMIRATES AIR LINE Since time immemorial, a good view of London could be obtained by climbing up to the top of what is now known as Parliament Hill. Of course, many centuries ago there would have been little or nothing of what is Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Feb 26, 2017
- The colour of life[center][/center]
I may not know why I like art but I do know that I have always loved it. Something not a lot of people know about me is that before I wanted to be a writer, Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Feb 26, 2017
- THE LINE - ART TRAIL IN DOCKLANDS[b][center]The LINE is not straight.
It is interrupted by the River Thames.
Yet, it wriggles its way along the Greenwich Meridian Line.
"[i]The route run Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Feb 25, 2017
- WONDERS OF WALTHAMSTOW[center][/center]
Walthamstow in north-east London is definitely not in the Top Ten London tourist sights, nor would it be likely to f Posted by ADAMYAMEY in WONDERS OF WALTHAMSTOW | Feb 19, 2017
- VICTORIAN SPLENDOUR[center][/center]
[b]If you are lucky enough to be invited to attend a function at the National Liberal Club in Whitehall Place, do at Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Feb 17, 2017
- Tresco Island As Ronni was not yet cleared for customs it was up to me to find something off the beaten track in our backyard, which is quite the difficult task for a vacation in February. A long google session later and Posted by yaya2080 in Beyond Land's End | Feb 16, 2017
- HERALDRY: College of Arms[b]The College of Arms was founded in 1484. It has nothing to do with weapons. It is the official body that regulates the use of coats of arms and other heraldic emblems.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/871159/large_CH_1.jpg caption=Coll Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Feb 14, 2017
- Heathrow Well my journey has begun! Just arrived ar the airport and checked in and waIting in the lounge. A rather cold and bleak day in London only 2 degrees I think it may be warmer in Singapore?! Posted by Keithviner in Singapore and New Zealand | Feb 10, 2017
- LONDONFRIDAY 3 FEBRUARY - BARCELONA TO LONDON
Here are some photos that Colleen took out of the window of our aircraft as we crossed the Pyrennes and as we came into land in London.
[img=http: Posted by Kangatraveller in The Dream Continues | Feb 9, 2017
- Heathrow Terminal 5Lovely to have Naddi accompany us to T5 (have a nice time and wish Matt happy birthday from us!).
Thought I'd give daddy a fright and show him where I'm going sho Posted by JKWitsch32 in Jennymum | Feb 4, 2017