- Let the adventure begin!Welcome to our AyresTours travel blog... Where, over the next 10 weeks, we'll be documenting our escapades and unique, unforgettable South American experiences. From Peru via Pisco (Sours) to Patagonia, from the highest to the driest, and from the Tierra Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Apr 18, 2014
- Singapore. ContinuedFollowing on from our first day's sightseeing we then visited Gardens By the Bay. Got there by ferry down the Singapore River to the marina then it's a bit of a walk to the gardens. They are very spectacular, particularly Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Apr 16, 2014
- London - Day 3, from the West to the East EndFor our third day in London, we decided to be a bit spontaneous and follow the advice of one of the guys working for Vinopolis, the company behind the wine tasting experience at the London Eye. On the day before, Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Apr 15, 2014
- Day 4: A Long Goodbye to London TownThis time all of us wake up in time for that delicious breakfast. We stuff down food, Peters-fashion, so we won’t have to buy lunch…
Our hotel is near the Millennium Bridge (from Harry Potter, James Bond, etc.), Posted by tedpeters in Europe in 28 Days! | Apr 14, 2014
- Day 3: Lots of London, as Fast as We CanWe wake up, sort of, very groggy. Some of us (the ones actually able to wake up) go down for an amazing breakfast (in addition to Indian food the other British masterpiece seems to be poached eggs. yum). Here’s Spencer’s Posted by tedpeters in Europe in 28 Days! | Apr 14, 2014
- London - Day 2 and Lots AccomplishedSo it turned out that today was a very big day for us in London! We woke up naturally around 8h in the morning and were out on the street at around 10h. We decided to head for breakfast at Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Apr 14, 2014
- Day 2: We Arrive Across the PondI woke up at about 4:00am Bham time, 1:00 London time, to eat the free plane breakfast, which was pretty tasty. After finishing, I thought I would reach over and lift the shutter on the window. This was a mistake. Posted by tedpeters in Europe in 28 Days! | Apr 12, 2014
- London - Day 1, 4th Visit!London town, here we come one more time! So we got up at 4 in the morning, got on the bus towards the airport in Basel at 4h55 and the plane left according to schedule, at 6h25. It was a Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Apr 11, 2014
- Nearly TimeTesting the water of this here new fangled snoop bloggy blog. Two tings getting ready for lift off! Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Apr 11, 2014
- Packing for the tripThe worst thing about preparing for a year’s worth of travelling isn’t the injections, or the tedious visa processes, or the endless repetition of listing all the countries you plan to visit when someone asks for the umpteenth time, “So, Posted by JonAndSara in A Long Way For Dumplings | Apr 9, 2014
- Stopover at Newcastle (Continued)I woke up later today. Decided to book a hostel at Edinburgh last night because no couchsurfers replied. Otherwise I'd have no place to stay tonight. Anyway it's ￡9 a night only.
Under E's suggestion, I headed out to Tynemouth Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 8, 2014
- Stopover at NewcastleI wanted to go see Hadrian's wall. So decided the night I arrived at E's place I'd do some downloading of timetables and research.
Well my last minute preparation gave me this:
Once I'd reached the station, asked a guy Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 8, 2014
- And Then There Was OneIt's officially the start of the Easter break; though to be honest mine began the week I went to Finland. Actually It's been like a vacation for me every week since I got here that Easter is like a bonus Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 8, 2014
- 3/3 - 3/7 A Mundane Week with a Fantastic FridayThe first week of March was, though pleasant, not particularly notable in terms of the activities that took place The main preoccupation of the week was the drama of the Schengen Visa. For non-American and EU students, the Schengen Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Apr 8, 2014
- 3/1 - London = Walking. Everywhere. Miri and I being the intrepid tourists and planners that we are, Saturday was planned to the absolute brim with activity. The itinerary included first taking the bus to Hyde Park, through which we would walk on our way towards Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Apr 6, 2014
- 2/24-2/28 - I have an internship! And other such adventures*Author's Note* Due to the phenomenal amount of activity and travelling that has occurred in the past 5 weeks, the next few blog posts will (either fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your preference for detail) be significantly condensed. Though Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Apr 6, 2014
- D-day -2last day in the office today and only 2 days to go until the off....passing time til my leaving drinks at lunchtime with strange thoughts going through my head. Prime example of one is "whhhyy?!"
I have asked myself that Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Apr 4, 2014
- 2 days to go!Oh blimey how stressful is it trying to pack everything? I have borrowed a 65l Macpac from my daughter and it is a really good rucksack, but I just keep finding new things I want to include.
So the 2" grey Posted by karenspark in South America Tour | Apr 3, 2014
- London and homeWe had one day back in London before heading on the long flight back. We caught up on some shopping and enjoyed the sights.
Posted by mccoach-cripps in mccoach-cripps travels | Mar 26, 2014
- Murder Mystery Break by Coach (2)We were both very tired and slept much better than the previous night, but we had come to a decision that for the future we will book hotel rooms with twin beds. At home we have a King sized bed Posted by trewelm in Around the World without Wings | Mar 28, 2014
- Murder Mystery Break by CoachI have just come back from a short break on the Isle of Wight, so I thought it was time to give my blog a new entry to show I am still around.
For those who have followed my previous stories Posted by trewelm in Around the World without Wings | Mar 27, 2014
- Back homeWhere does one start when trying to describe the trip to New Zealand via Hong Kong that Jane & I have just had? The words and phrases in the subheading above are but just some of those we heard Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 24, 2014
- Tim and Helen In the UK take 2Where do we begin......
Well after a flying visit into Accru on Friday the 14th, Tim and I headed out to the airport for the start of our adventure. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling the best and was losing my voice. Although Posted by clarkesintheuk in Tim and Helen In the UK take 2 | Mar 26, 2014
- Rice to the Occasion I know this may not be as exciting as conquering Wuthering Heights but I have trounced the greatest challenge of my life to me at least - cooking rice without a rice cooker. Ok. I have to be honest. The Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Mar 24, 2014
- Boy, Bruce and Beef StewPreliminary thoughts:
I realised I owe this blog a picture of this:
I think The Sun is ge Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Mar 23, 2014