- Out to Africa - in search of the Greatest Show on EarthBack in the autumn last year, a friend (thanks Jen) suggested I might be willing to hold a talk for Avon Wildlife Trust about some of my wildlife related travels. I agreed to talk about “African Safaris” as I do Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 7, 2014
- Home sweet homeMade it home in one piece, unloaded the car, went and got Tess, and unpacked....
The car is now back up high on its suspension and we have taken stock of the items that the poor little Citroen had managed to Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Sep 7, 2014
- Doses and MimosasSo, in 24 hours I will have landed in Lisbon and will have officially started the 2 month Europe stint of my travels.
Am busy getting ready, and it just feels appropriate that Doses and Mimosas should be the soundtrack Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 6, 2014
- Farewell to the UK and friends and familyAfter many hours of packing the house and moving out, departure is but a few days away!
This time I have chosen this site to record my journey and you will be able to follow me on the map, read about Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Sep 6, 2014
While we were landing at Heathrow Airport, I was hoping there would be families greeting loved ones everywhere, hugging, kissing and shouting all around, just like the opening scene in Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Sep 5, 2014
- Everything London! Just a little later than planned. This morning we woke up and made another wonderful breakfast of bananas, yogurt, English muffins, some British tea and orange juice. We watched the morning BBC news, took a quick shower and then we were out the door. We Posted by travelspark in We got the Spark to Travel | Sep 1, 2014
- Action packed August - Part 2Next in August was a trip up to Hull to visit Helen's old friend Belinda and her family then a trip into Shropshire to visit Helen's Dad.
The children enjoyed getting to know Belinda's 2 children, Jemima and Joseph, and they Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Sep 4, 2014
- Action packed August - part 1At the start of August we went to the Lake District with family. The Lake District is in the north west part of England and home to some beautiful scenery and lovely walks. We spent a week with Helen's Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Sep 4, 2014
- On the road again (soon)
While getting ready for my trip to SE Asia, I took the opportunity to catch up with as many people as possible over here. Ian Coleman from my days at Fujitsu is now living and working in London, so we Posted by liamwimbo in Cambodia_Laos | Sep 4, 2014
- Barnard CastleBarnard Castle is a market town and is very small, it is full of independent shops, coffee shops with seating on the pavement and a good amount of pubs selling locally sourced food. The people are very friendly and everyone Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Sep 3, 2014
- Four out of tenNew month, new strategy. I had a tarot reading the other day- my first in over 16 years- and the oracle seemed to be saying that I'd have a girlfriend by January at the latest. But it’s like Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Sep 1, 2014
- Pearl Jam at Milton Keynes BowlIt was at the Fanatics reunion that Fi and I discovered that we were both Pearl Jam fans and that there was a show coming up at Milton Keynes, only about an hour and a half out of London! It Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Sep 1, 2014
- Week 8Monday, August 11th, 2014:
This week was really boring since I had essays and presentations due this week (finals week!!) but it was also a really sad week because school was almost over :(
Wednesday, August 13th, 2014: Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Aug 31, 2014
- Night before...Packed - Check
Documentation - Check
Passport - Check
Thing we are all set to go!!
Posted by AntandLaura in testtrav | Aug 31, 2014
- Wimbledon Championships!! So living in Wimbledon, how could I not attend the Championships! People from all over the world travel to our little town to attend one of the most prestigious tennis events in the world! I had been tipped off that Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Traditional NZ HangiToday was pretty amazing I've gotta say! My roommate Jaime is from New Zealand and through some Kiwis in London connections, got word of a NZ traditional Hangi taking place and we were all over it! From the moment we Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Zoo Lates @ London ZooOne of the things I've been keen to do since arriving is to hit up London Zoo and what better way to do so than to go to Zoo Lates (an event for adults only, where you go in the Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- A fleeting visit from a close friend! When I said goodbye to my good friend Mellisa (who I met through working at BPC) one of the last things we promised each other was that the next time we hung out, it would be on the other side Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Moving to Wimbledon! So after landing a job in Wimbledon and working there for a month, I decided that I no longer wanted to commute the hour that it took door to door and it was then that I decided to look for Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Not gloating IIHello again, dear readers. All 1 of you, if I include myself. I feel as we approach the end of my second month here a petite update is in order. And to prove I'm definitely not gloating Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Aug 31, 2014
- And We're offAfter an afternoon meet up and a departure curry for 6, everything sorted and ready just waiting for the off. The group is as follows, Eric & Sooty, Dinkie & Candyman, Mimi & Joey.
A group photo and we're Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Aug 30, 2014
- County DurhamI enjoyed having a couple of days rest, well sort of. I was now on my way to Barnard Castle. I hadn't really done any research on the area like I normally do before I book a site. I knew Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 30, 2014
- Last day in LondonLoosey kept things simple today. She spent the morning going to museum s. Here she is about to enter the British Museum:
She got to see the Sutton Hoo treasure which was out on l Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 29, 2014
- LondonOur first day in London we were taken around the Mclearn factory in Woking. It was great to see the production line of their 650S and P1, along with many historic f1 cars. We ended the tour by going Posted by Hamish414 in Europe 2014 | Aug 29, 2014
- !Huzzah!Where do I begin?
Loosey slept in quite late today after yesterdays entertainments. When she finally roused herself she headed off on foot to the Tower Bridge and took in the sights of the Tower of London. Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 28, 2014