- Getting ready to go===Last minute checks===
We are ready to go. There was a big panic the other day when we couldn't find Jane's passport, great relief all round when it was found.
Quite a few of our friends and family have asked Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 9, 2014
- Packed and ready to goOff we go!
Suitcases are packed and weighed, hand luggage measured, luggage labels written, passport and tickets checked (online check-in not working but that's only a small glitch I'm sure).
Speak to you again from Zambia. Posted by DrHannah in Dr Hannah in Zambia | Feb 6, 2014
- Contraceptive pillsHiya, im going to Australia this June and ive been told i cannot take more than 3 months supply of contraceptive pills, but i rather not pay for them while in oz, how else can i import them over or Posted by Guchie09 in A years supply of contraceptive pills | Feb 5, 2014
- Counting down to take offWell its only 6 days to the start of our holiday. We are beginning to get prepared and the excitement is growing. We are collecting together clothes and other items that need to be packed. We have followed Andy's Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Feb 5, 2014
- 1/30 - Living Life the Marilyn WayThursday dawned later than the previous days. Waking up at the lazy hour of 10 am, Nimra and I slowly got ready and made our way to the last classes of the week. During our first class with Professor Michl, Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Feb 5, 2014
- 1/29 - Learning Through Sleep DeprivationWednesday dawned bright and exhaustingly early. After a sleepless night of terror and nightmares (courtesy of The Woman in Black), I arose early with Nimra to attend classes at 9:30 am. Thoroughly prepared to struggle exhausted through 4 hours of Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Feb 4, 2014
- Take-offAfter a short night we took off from Cologne on Mon at 10am and got to London at 10:15am and starter our full Gatwick-day. This lasted until 8pm and took lots of coffee and... toillet visits :)
Emilka was willing to Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 4, 2014
- 24 hours to go!Entry number one! This is my test post, how easy is it to write and can I post a photo? Writing, tick. Photo about to come....
Yay! Tick. That's it the Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Feb 2, 2014
- 3rd-7th June 2013
I drove up to Northern Ireland to stay with my sister-in-law and catch up with some old friends.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/655366/IMG_3656_C..rick_Island.jpg caption=Celia o Posted by CeliaC in Ireland/UK/Switzerland and Mallorca 2013 | Feb 6, 2014
- More visas and vaccinations - and some ticketsOur passports with Belarus tourist visas were collected today so just the Chinese visas to apply for now. The Chinese spring holiday is this week so that may slow things down on that front but we still have plenty of Posted by athurstanc in Around the World in 75 Days | Jan 25, 2014
- Visas and VaccinationsOur Russian visas were collected on Monday and our application for Belarus transit visas submitted on Tuesday so everything is proceeding well on that front.
We had our appointment with the nurse at our local surgery to get our travel vaccinations. Posted by athurstanc in Around the World in 75 Days | Jan 25, 2014
- ItineraryNo planes, but trains, boats, buses and automobiles! This is our plan of action:
Day 1 London to Brussels by Eurostar
then change to German ICE train to Cologne
Posted by athurstanc in Around the World in 75 Days | Jan 2, 2014
- Introducing our plansWe have been planning this trip for some time now but is finally coming together and have begun booking tickets and getting visas organised. The idea of going around the world in less than 80 days was inspired by Michael Posted by athurstanc in Around the World in 75 Days | Jan 22, 2014
- Days 1 & 2Our first day was short and uneventful with the only bump being a short delay out of Tulsa. With plenty of layover time in the schedule we were not worried. We hung out at home for an extra hour and Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Jan 31, 2014
- The One for My Subscribers...I haven't written a blog since the one I posted from Hong Kong airport, but after checking my Traveller's Point account I was pleasantly surprised to see that you had all subscribed to it... so I thought sharing what I Posted by emilyferris in China - Teaching English and more | Jan 31, 2014
- 1/28 - The Woman in BlackTuesday began just as normally as every other day in London. Nimra and I woke up to attend class for 10:30 am. After learning some basic economic models from our professor, we listened to an interesting lecture from Nicholas Crafts Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 30, 2014
- 1/27 - Cool (London) RunningsMonday morning marked the beginning of both our second full week in London and our second full week of classes. Often, Mondays are a cause for groaning and bemoaning (after all, who really likes to wake up early to go Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 29, 2014
- 1/26 - Sunday is the Mandated Day of RestAfter the incredible busyness of the past three days (Friday and Saturday in particular) everyone in the flat was in need of a morning lie in. Waking up at a lazy 10 am, I was only the second flatmate to Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 28, 2014
- 1/25 - Living on the Wild SideThe adventures of Saturday were almost entirely outside of the downtown London area. We woke up at 9 am on Saturday with the intention of heading to the Portobello Market, which all of our professors have raved about. Upon finding Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 27, 2014
- 1/24 - No Classes on Friday!Friday was a massively adventurous and long day. From taking the tube for the first time, to walking along the Thames, to attending our first UCL events, the day was wonderfully full and fun.
It began early in the morning with Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 26, 2014
- 1/23 - Thursday was Birthday Time!Sorry it's been so long since the last post! This is the first day since Thursday that I've had enough time to put my feet up, let alone blog about everything that has been keeping me so busy. Hopefully, this Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 26, 2014
- Depart d'Edimbourg et Londres25/01
Et voila, nous sommes enfin le 25 Janvier et nous partons d'Edimbourg, le coeur lourd et avec un peu de stress concernant le futur, mais aussi l'excitation et la joie de voir de nouveaux horizons.
Apres une heure de retard du Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 26, 2014
- Planning to Go!
Keith is now retired so we are off to New Zealand in February 2014 ! We leave England on 4th February and return on 6th March.
The plan is to fly into Christchurch, stay a few days with Keith's Posted by KeithandElanaNZ in KeithandElanaNZ | Jan 25, 2014
- Au revoir EdimbourgPour saluer une dernière fois cette ville que nous aimons tant, nous avons décidé de monter sur Arthur Seats avec Massi, Elisabetta et Teddy.
Malgré le vent et le froid, nous avons passé une superbe journée et avons bien profité Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 23, 2014
- 1/22 - First Normal Day in LondonYesterday was almost entirely uneventful. Though perhaps boring to read about in a blog, it was nonetheless a wonderful day! Filled with economics classes, cooking in the kitchen, reconnecting with friends from home, and a fair amount of Sherlock Holmes, Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 23, 2014