- Days 8-11: Classes, Connections, and Chocolate :)"I go off into Dublin and two days later I'm spotted walking by the Liffey with a whole bunch of new friends." ―Ron Wood
Monday, February 9th
The morning began with a cup of tea and an unexpected visit from the gas/heating Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 14, 2015
- This is my first blog post to test the private bloggingHi Mum do you like my blog Posted by jamiedf76 in My Test | Feb 13, 2015
- Day 7: Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Lacock"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ―E. E. Cummings
Oh my goodness, SUCH a fantastic day!! Here's how it went down:
8:45am: Bus pick up [Rachel and I grabbed two seats towards the back of the bus. We Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 10, 2015
- Days 5-6: Getting Acquainted"Not all those who wander are lost." ―J. R. R. Tolkein
Friday, February 6th
11:50am-1:30pm: Nelson House - Visit to Bath University campus and Sports Training Village and ICIA Arts [We took a bus up to the university. The bus was almost Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 9, 2015
- Day 4: Books, and Packages, and Groceries, Oh My!“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” ―Mark Twain
Today was another diagnostic day. The schedule was as follows:
10:00am-12:00pm: Nelson House - 3rd Diagnostic Paper [I started with the Myths and Legends paper Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 6, 2015
- Days 2-3: The Journey So Far...“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” —Henry Miller
These last few days have been pretty jam-packed with orientation events. Here's a quick overview of our schedule:
Tuesday, February 3rd
9:00am: Masonic Ha Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 5, 2015
- Day 1: Hello, Heathrow! Then On to Bath!“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” —Confucius
Setting: February 1st, Newark Airport, Flight U29, 7:20pm. A lone passenger (who has a row all to herself!) sits in Seat 22D eagerly anticipating the moment of departure. A voice on the Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Feb 4, 2015
- Sophie's birthdayAs quick as we had recovered from Christmas and New Year celebrations Sophie's 6th birthday was upon us and she wasn't about to let us forget it!
We had a lovely family party with Dave, Karina and Lily. We played Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Jan 27, 2015
- Christmas 2014Christmas 2014 was our first UK and cold Christmas in 9 years and only the second in 16 years. It was an exciting time for the children as there was so much going on in December to get them Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Jan 27, 2015
- Just LandedIm feeling all sorts of ways! We just landed and I am nercoups
Essays are generally scholarly pieces of writing giving the author's own argument, but the definition i Posted by aroundwego in London Here We Go | Jan 23, 2015
- Almost ready...We've had our haircuts, the laundry is done and the fridge is empty. Now for the packing......
It'll all go in.....easy.....
Pa Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Jan 20, 2015
- trip around italyI'm planning a trip around Italy for about 16 days in the end of June, early July.
My starting plan is to start off in Venice and end up in Sardinia.
days 1-2: Venice
days 3-4: Verona
days 5-6: Milan
days 7-8: Bologna Posted by marc18 in trip around itlay | Jan 19, 2015
- Goodbye UK!After a teary goodbye to my parents, sister and boyfriend I waved farewell and passed through security with a combined sense of fear and excitement. I couldn't believe that it was finally happening after about five years of dreaming and Posted by fcmarshall11 in Faraway Fi | Jan 12, 2015
- All things must come to an end...DISCLAIMER – [i]This post, regarding the time elapsed between Monday, January 5 and Friday, January 9, was written solely by Natalie, due to the fact that the Kammerer sisters had returned to their respective countries of residence at the time Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jan 11, 2015
- Packing They say that Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents a Piss Poor Performance.
I think I have everything -
Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 10, 2015
- All good things must come to an end
So many of you will know that since returning from Africa I have been sans-job. I have given it many names - fun-employment, faux-ternity leave or home-possessing bum.
However as of Monday this will be no more, I officially have Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Jan 7, 2015
- Planning Well - Thanks to the internet and modern technology I sill had to wait for over 90 mins in the Indian embassy to get a Visa.
First trip was a waisted journey as they needed my passport!! I had a Posted by woody1 in The Indian trip | Jan 4, 2015
- Killin Chalet was very warm, albeit floors could have been cleaner, but we had a good stay with plenty wine :) Posted by juliaus in Killin | Jan 1, 2015
- Christmas in ScotlandMERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!! This post got a bit longer than we anticipated, because we have managed to pack so much into the last few days!
Natalie arrived in Edinburgh, Scotland on Monday night, after 13 hours of trains to Paris, Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Dec 25, 2014
- Pre Trip Planning
'Whoever created the world went to a lot of trouble. It would be downright rude not to go out and see as much of it as possible. - Edward Readicker-Henderson'
After our 'long trip' away we soon decided that we Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Mar 7, 2014
- londonArrived in London and staying in Victoria few doors along from the Queen, just having a Kfc (last take a way for a while!) then we're off to see Billy Elliott kids all excited :) Posted by Simpson5 in Simpsons trip to Vietnam | Dec 19, 2014
- The Routeburn TrackWell I find myself at a loss for words.........what can I tell you about the Routeburn Track and our time walking it?
Let's start with some basic facts.........
3 days, 32km, 3400 ft up and back down. A truly unforgettable journey through Posted by TheHagues in The Hagues do New Zealand | Dec 18, 2014
- London Christmas 2014Hi all
On 13 December 2014 we ventured into London again to see the Christmas lights.
The train was crazy busy so we had to stand the whole 45 minute journey into London.
Once we arrived, we first went to Covent Garden and Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Dec 17, 2014
- Shropshire WalksHere are some pictures from our last visit to Dad and Hilary in Shropshire. They live just below The Long Mynd, which is a fabulous area to walk. The boys in particular love it up there as they Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Dec 17, 2014
- Halloween - fun gamesWe celebrated halloween this year (unlike in other years when we haven't) with some traditional english games. First we did bobbing apples in two ways (one on a stick and one in a tub of water) both of which Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Oct 31, 2014