- Departure day set!Getting excited about our road trip now, was trying to book our over night stays yesterday in Belgium, Switzerland & Stresa but with much deliberation we have decided to wing it and see what happens.
"Be prepared sweetheart, to Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Aug 20, 2014
- So Much to DoSorry no posts for awhile. Been busy over here. Yes, I have heard about the earthquakes in Iceland and the potential for the volcano to erupt. Keeps things exciting. I return through Reykjavik on Sept 2. We will Posted by scoconino in One More Time: Europe 2014 | Aug 20, 2014
- A bit of culture in Leicester - who knew!I went into Leicester today with my niece and great niece. Thought we should see what all the fuss is about with Richard III so we went to the newly opened Richard III visitor centre and museum which is Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 20, 2014
- Planning!!!!!==Planning for Road Trip!
=="Always hate this part as i never know what to take"..
Do I take Jumpers, Jeans or do I take Skirts and Dresses?" never know!! maybe a bit of every thing should do it!!
==Ticking off check Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Aug 20, 2014
- Southampton We arrived from London to meet up with Warwick & Marika from Oz and Deb, Robyn & Bob from Seattle. The first night was pretty low key with a visit to the [[http://southampton-pubs.co.uk/dukeofwellington/|Duke of Wellington]] and then the [[http://www.cori Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 20, 2014
- new OrleansHi all I woke up really early this morning excited to meet my new group. Went down and the briefing had already started. Oops well it did say 9.30 am. They group is mostly girls Australian and New Posted by alix001 in Alix USA trip | Aug 19, 2014
- Long Lost Relatives in SommersetHeather, Sally, Mum & me have just returned from an overnight trip to visit some long lost relatives in Crowcombe, Sommerset. We were thoroughly spoilt by Annie, Gerald & Pip the dog.
Gerald took us girls for a drive through Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 19, 2014
- for·bear·ance - patient self-control, restraint & toleranceWell now. Things have not gone according to plan. Nowhere near according to plan in fact. Instead of boarding a plane to Delhi last Friday evening to start our tour of India – our holiday of a Posted by jhanford in Having a Go at Being Intrepid in India | Aug 19, 2014
- Home sweet HomeMade it to the UK. No hitches with the Eurostar and coach. Nice to see family. Spent a lot of time today catching up with nieces and uncles and aunties and one very very cute great Posted by JKS1 in Loosey Goosey's Travel Blog 2014 | Aug 18, 2014
- Paris and backWell, here's a quick update of the last couple of weeks:
Went to Dorking and had lunch with an uncle of Lesley's at a lovely winery; had a walk around the town, then drove up Box Hill, with a good Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Aug 17, 2014
- Purshall HallNo such thing as sitting idle here at Heathers!
We've been cake assistants to a busy weekend of markets
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/F406F55C2219AC68 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 17, 2014
- LondonWe've had a few relaxing days in London, not the best of summer weather, but not too much rain. We have caught up with a few old friends and gone on a couple of walks. While walking we discovered Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 17, 2014
- If It's Friday, It Must Be High Tea At Kensington PalaceAmazingly, I am mobile after my somewhat epic journey of yesterday and the day before. Got to London safe and sound on Thursday around noon. Checked into the Abbey Court Hotel in Notting Hill, Kensington. Very old building, with nice Posted by scoconino in One More Time: Europe 2014 | Aug 15, 2014
- ScarboroughAfter an enjoyable couple of weeks in York I moved on to Scarborough. This is the furthest north I have been on the east coast and I was looking forward to seeing how the seaside compared to southern seaside towns.
I Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 14, 2014
- nervous excitmentI have to admit that I am slightly nervous about this trip. But I am sure it will all be fine. Not even I can overpack with a luggage allowance of 23 kg. I am already dreaming of shopping in Posted by alix001 in Alix USA trip | Aug 14, 2014
- Um what to pack !Hi everyone, yesterday I finished my job. It was sad to goodbye to everyone. But the right decision. Today is my first day of holiday. At least I have begun to pack for my trip. That's all Posted by alix001 in Alix USA trip | Aug 14, 2014
- Final BlogWell we have been home nearly forty eight hours and we are still on a high.
The trip back from Delhi to Heathrow, which was an eight hour flight, and was the first flight in many years I didn't take Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Aug 14, 2014
- Glad the book at school aren't this big! If the books were this big we would be at school for 35 million years!!' Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 13, 2014
- I Heart LondonWe arrived in London Monday morning we've pretty much been in jumpers for the first time all trip, the weathers also changed we've had rain!
Here's our afternoon in London in pictures
We saw the amazing poppies at the Tower of London
[img=http://ph Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 13, 2014
- Hot under the collarColourful language on Union Crescent this afternoon. Those present: two dog walkers with their Chihuahua and St. Bernard and a mother with children, one in push buggy one older about 6 or 7. The man with the Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Aug 13, 2014
- The RoadSo I am going to (try) and write a blog about my travels and experiences this year. As you might have guessed from the title of the blog, there is a musical theme, partly because it's interesting and partly because Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Aug 12, 2014
- LondonWe arrived in London feeling a little weary as the flight is only 7 hours, so not much time for sleep (left Chicago 6pm arrived London 8am). We didn't do too much the first day other than catch up Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 12, 2014
- The BumpEverything was set for the big adventure. Car furred and shipped, eye-wateringly expensive tickets booked. On that note, in a desperate bid to save a few pennies it turns out the cheapest way to sly to South America is via Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 11, 2014
- Change of PlanSo Africa was off. It was decided that we had to come up a new plan. Like many an explorer before us we decided the best location for a planning meeting was in a country pub. Beside a roaring Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 11, 2014
- The National Railway MuseumTo complete my visit to York I spent my last day at the National Railway Museum which is free to visit. They have an impressive amount of trains there and some famous ones too like the Mallard and Stephenson's Rocket. Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 11, 2014