- OLNEY - MAY 8th & 9thIn 2013 when we travelled Europe and the UK, we met Bill & Gail Senior and have remained in contact since.
So of course we had to visit them again in Olney, a lovely village in Milton Keynes north of London.
Thursday Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 9, 2015
- Chapter 1- Where it all beginsSo its 1 o'clock in the morning the day before I am due to travel and I cannot sleep. I do not hold much hope that I will actually get any sleep tomorrow eve and with a 4 o'clock start Posted by ajstaff1987 in My year in OZ | May 8, 2015
- This Day in May.The 6th day of the 5th month, year two zero one five.
Today represenents a day that will live in infamy. Thus far, of nearly thirty years on this planet I have yet to experience this. Nearly half of the city Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 8, 2015
- PULHAM MARKET to OLNEY - MAY 7thWe stayed at the Old Bakery B&B in Pulham Market, 400year old building previously a Bakery followed by a few other titles and now a fabulous B&B. We had a short walk around looking at the fascinating old houses Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 8, 2015
- Happy cinco de... de...beer me?Why hello there nation. Second day/night in London and it twas a delight.
Big Ben. Westminster Abbey. The Parliament. Nude Cherubs. Hyde Park. Churchill War Rooms (sort of). Buckingham Palace. And Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 7, 2015
- PULHAM MARKET - MAY 6thAnd of course this morning the bikes don't start - both have completely flat batteries.
Luckily we brought our Jump Starter Kit with us - a new purchase and worth every cent.
We phoned Norwich BMW and found they have one battery Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON to FELIXSTOWE - MAY 5thThe big day has finally arrived - we left London early morning on the train to Felixstowe to collect our bikes.
And of course we met up with some other Aussies doing the same thing. Ron who is touring around Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON - May 4thMonday - Bank Holiday in England, time to be a tourist.
The Sony World Photography Competition Exhibition was on - cannot possibly miss this one, hoping to learn some techniques.
Here are a few of my favourites -
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- LONDON - May 2nd & 3rdNougat packed himself ready to go - this much travelled bear was not going to miss out
It is such a long trip - 32hrs from when we left home until when we arrived in London.
[img= Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 6, 2015
- Planes, lost baggage, ubers, flats, skies, etc...On May 4th the world reaffirmed that not all airport travel is destined to be vampirically energy sucking, mind-numbing, colon clogging (come on, I cannot be the only one whom is affected by extended travel. Trips of over a Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 5, 2015
- Jet Lag City.Further discussion of flight, tonight's adventures (twins bday party in park, beers at a pub while viewing Arsenal domination, visit to a speakeasy that takes one back, and getting semi lost in an uber in a foreign country) will Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 4, 2015
- Tactile AlivenessOn this blog we share our travel experiences through stories, updates, and photos. 'WOA' is also about traveling into 'aliveness'. For me, that also means waking up dormant senses. I tend to describe things mostly using sight/visual description, and write Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 29, 2015
- London CallingWe flew first class from Seattle to San francisco and then business class from San Francisco to London Heathrow. United's service was amazing. They are always greeting you with a hot towel and a drink. We were Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | Apr 29, 2015
- Days 55-61: Falling Behind and Catching Up"The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up." ―Author Unknown
Seeing as I've fallen behind a bit in my travel blog, I'm going to attempt to catch myself up by breezing over this week:
Saturday, March 28th
● Posted by tara.macmahon in My Adventures Across the Pond | Apr 21, 2015
- Over and outAt last, after 166 days out of England we are back. The cats seemed pleased to see us and we seem to have slipped back into normal Manchester life with surprising ease. Of course, nothing will be the same again Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Apr 21, 2015
- Saturday 28th MarchWe stopped at Windermere to return the cottage keys. For the first time all week we experienced rather heavy rain so we decided to head back to Edinburgh early. We stopped at Moffat with Bobby for lunch and Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 28, 2015
- Friday 27th MarchWe had boiled eggs for breakfast and then took Bobby for a walk along the edge of Windermere. We went for lunch with Bobby to the Drunken Duck and really enjoyed the food there which was a light lunch Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 27, 2015
- Thursday 26th MarchDad woke us at 6am and told us that there was 3 inches of snow!! We didn't believe him at first as the previous day had been so sunny and we had sat outside. Grant and I drove Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 26, 2015
- Wednesday 25th MarchWe went for breakfast to nearby Chesters café with Richard and Fon. We said cheerio and then returned to the cottage and sat in the sunshine before getting changed. We went for a wonderful 6 mile walk Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 25, 2015
- Tuesday 24th MarchWe got up very early and drove to Kendal to do some shopping at Marks & Spencer in time for their 9am opening. We paid a quick visit to Morrisons and then had an early lunch at the cottage. Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 24, 2015
- Monday 23rd MarchWe went to the Langdale valley with Bobby and did a walk with him. We had an early lunch at the Watermill pub in Ings with Bobby (lovely nachos!) and then did some more shopping at Booths in Windermere. Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 23, 2015
- Sunday 22nd MarchWe had a nice breakfast at the cottage and met Lisa, Gary and Matthew at the Treetop Trek adventure park on the outskirts of Windermere. We sat in the sunshine outside for lunch and then played in the park. Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 22, 2015
- Saturday 21st MarchWe left Edinburgh at 9:30am and stopped for lunch at The Watermill (near Penrith) for some homemade soup and fresh bread. We picked up our cottage keys in Windermere and arrived at the beautiful River House cottage at 3pm. Posted by scotia174 in Ambleside, Lake District | Mar 21, 2015
- Wigan to FolkestoneNo problems at all on the journey. Everything went swimmingly.
Set off at 9.30am and arrived at 3.30 pm in Folkestone. The sun was shining brightly and it was really warm. The campsite was really peaceful. After Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Apr 19, 2015
- Setting off
After 17 years Shelly and I are heading back to the UK and Ireland. It's hard to believe it's been that long but the world is big and the Italians have better food, and sc Posted by paulymx in UK and Ireland 2015 | Apr 19, 2015