- 1/23 - Thursday was Birthday Time!Sorry it's been so long since the last post! This is the first day since Thursday that I've had enough time to put my feet up, let alone blog about everything that has been keeping me so busy. Hopefully, this Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 26, 2014
- Depart d'Edimbourg et Londres25/01
Et voila, nous sommes enfin le 25 Janvier et nous partons d'Edimbourg, le coeur lourd et avec un peu de stress concernant le futur, mais aussi l'excitation et la joie de voir de nouveaux horizons.
Apres une heure de retard du Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 26, 2014
- Planning to Go!
Keith is now retired so we are off to New Zealand in February 2014 ! We leave England on 4th February and return on 6th March.
The plan is to fly into Christchurch, stay a few days with Keith's Posted by KeithandElanaNZ in KeithandElanaNZ | Jan 25, 2014
- Au revoir EdimbourgPour saluer une dernière fois cette ville que nous aimons tant, nous avons décidé de monter sur Arthur Seats avec Massi, Elisabetta et Teddy.
Malgré le vent et le froid, nous avons passé une superbe journée et avons bien profité Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 23, 2014
- 1/22 - First Normal Day in LondonYesterday was almost entirely uneventful. Though perhaps boring to read about in a blog, it was nonetheless a wonderful day! Filled with economics classes, cooking in the kitchen, reconnecting with friends from home, and a fair amount of Sherlock Holmes, Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 23, 2014
- Appart videEt voilà, maman et papa sont repartis et ont tout emporte :) L'appart nous parait vide mais on a la chance d'avoir Massi et Elisabetta pour nous tenir compagnie et remplir les vides :)
Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 21, 2014
- 1/21 - That Time We Walked 8 Miles...Yesterday was chock full of activities, most of which involved copious amounts of walking. It all began with our second full day of classes. After waking up later than we planned, Nimra and I walked briskly to our class on Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 22, 2014
- 1/20 - All Aboard the Hogwarts Express! Yesterday started dark and early (the sun doesn't come up until about 8:15 am) at 7:45 am. The whole flat (now full with 6 girls since Nimra arrived on Sunday!) was getting ready for our first day of classes in Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 21, 2014
- Fourteen days to "Day Zero"They always say you have to enchant the reader with the first sentence. Given I've already written the first sentence and it's probably not too thrilling, I'll stick to a short note which gives some background to this venture.
Posted by magdarine in Out and about far away from home | Jan 20, 2014
- 1/19 - Wait, THAT'S Where the Queen Lives?Wow has it been a busy first few days in London! There is so much to do, so many places to go, and so many sights to see. Trying to fit them all in among the necessities of sleeping, cooking Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 19, 2014
- Travel build upIt only feels like yesterday that we were counting down from 2 years with nothing more than hazy images in our minds eye of what travelling would feel like. Now, with less than two weeks to go and a to Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Jan 19, 2014
- Step 1 complete: flights bookedWith all of our major flights now booked, the planning begins. First item on the agenda? Debate whether a jacket that calls itself 'waterproof' will suffice even if it is not GoreTex. Turns out that there is a lot to Posted by awaywego in Joining the dots | Jan 19, 2014
- 1/17 - Well, that took longer than expected!Well, the past 48 hours have been very long, filled with nearly non-stop travel drama and jet-lag. Fortunately, everyone is so excited to be in London that not even a delays could dampen our spirits.
It all began for Miri Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 18, 2014
- One day to go :DSo I have one day left and guess what... I still haven't packed, nothing like leaving things till the last minute. I have been trying since last weekend but still can't decide what to take - currently my bag contains Posted by TashAdams89 in Part 1 - Asia | Jan 18, 2014
- Buying suncream in JanuaryIn three weeks’ time, I will be sitting in Heathrow Airport ready to take a Dreamliner to Lusaka, via Addis Ababa.
I don’t feel prepared to leave. My flat is currently in chaos as I try to sort it, ready Posted by DrHannah in Dr Hannah in Zambia | Jan 17, 2014
- Snow and ice and all things niceBack in 1992 my interest in the Snow and Ice Carving Festival in Harbin was piqued by a visit to a lantern festival in Shanghai where I heard about the winter equivalent in North-East China, but back then trying to Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jan 16, 2014
- Planning and Starting out...Well we (or I caron to be precise) have been talking about and we have been saving for this for a very long time, I'm pleased to say that we are now all booked and just about ready to set Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Jan 14, 2014
- Christmas In London Firstly, I apologise for such a late entry. Over the festive season, I didn’t get a chance to write and for the past two weeks I’ve been on the road/sick, so here’s a few entries I’ve been meaning to type Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 13, 2014
- We're off!Last piece of hand luggage!
Last day in London for us...spending the day with Viv. Setting off for Heathrow in a few hours, so e Posted by Evans-Grey in The evans-grey drop out | Jan 13, 2014
- Some more Christmas Day family photos...
Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 12, 2014
- Merry Christmas - yes mum, we finally have some photos up!We were all excited to be spending Christmas together with Anna, Steve and Adam this year and at the end of the day Adam said it was the best Christmas ever! I think we all agreed. Steve did a Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 12, 2014
- Christmas EveThe day before Christmas we decided to head into the city again. The day before Randy and I had taken the 3 boys into the movies to see Frozen, while Anna and Steve prepared for a dinner for us and Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 12, 2014
- Party!!!Hier soir, nous avons fait notre partie d'au revoir :) Un petit comité d'amis et une soirée très sympathique.
Nous avions fait des pizzas maison et une fritatta de petits pois et on s'est régalé ;)
Voici une petite photo : Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 12, 2014
- Travelling to oz December 2014Hello!! I am new to this forum! I am intending to travel to Australia for a year from December 2014, I will be travelling alone and was wondering if anyone else on here is in a similar situation? Would be Posted by joanneuk in Travelling to oz dec 2014 | Jan 11, 2014
- Quasiment prêtWaou!!! Le temps passe trop vite, nous sommes déjà le 10 Janvier et plus que 13 jours avant le départ...
Nos valises sont prêtes pour l'Inde et il ne nous manque plus que la valise qui arrive avec maman pour finir Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 10, 2014