- The RoadSo I am going to (try) and write a blog about my travels and experiences this year. As you might have guessed from the title of the blog, there is a musical theme, partly because it's interesting and partly because Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Aug 12, 2014
- LondonWe arrived in London feeling a little weary as the flight is only 7 hours, so not much time for sleep (left Chicago 6pm arrived London 8am). We didn't do too much the first day other than catch up Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 12, 2014
- The BumpEverything was set for the big adventure. Car furred and shipped, eye-wateringly expensive tickets booked. On that note, in a desperate bid to save a few pennies it turns out the cheapest way to sly to South America is via Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 11, 2014
- Change of PlanSo Africa was off. It was decided that we had to come up a new plan. Like many an explorer before us we decided the best location for a planning meeting was in a country pub. Beside a roaring Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 11, 2014
- The National Railway MuseumTo complete my visit to York I spent my last day at the National Railway Museum which is free to visit. They have an impressive amount of trains there and some famous ones too like the Mallard and Stephenson's Rocket. Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 11, 2014
- What am I doing with my life?What are you doing?
In 2003, I gave up my job at Cable & Wireless to go travelling round the world. As a 30-year-old with nothing tying me down in England, I thought I'd better do it while I had the Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Aug 10, 2014
- Yorkshire Lavender and Nunnington HallAfter my 3 days of intense sightseeing I just wanted to chill out for a day before making the most of my last couple of days when I decided to visit Yorkshire Lavender and Nunnington Hall.
Yorkshire Lavender is a Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 9, 2014
- Home BaseIt struck me that we have not made much mention of our 'place of abode' or base while we have been here in the UK. So I (Graham) went out today and took some photos of the bustling town of Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Aug 7, 2014
- OnlineI've just had internet installed and activated and that means you may well be hearing more from me. (Especially if you read my blog). Not only was it inconvenient going to the library, it was too much trouble Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Aug 6, 2014
- Test blogTestes testes 1 2 3.............
Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Aug 5, 2014
- Our African adventure that never was. So for those that don't know Andy and I are on a bit of an adventure, the plan was hatched a while back but no one can quite remember where, it might have been during one of the practice sessions Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 4, 2014
- Castle HowardThis was the second day of my York Pass and I made the most of it.
Before I went to Castle Howard I had no idea what I would find there, I estimated I would be there for about 2-3 hours Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 3, 2014
- Being a Tourist in YorkI am so upset that I lost all this page just as I had finished typing it, 3 days work lost in 3 seconds. I will try to remember what I had written, so here goes.
York has so many interesting Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Aug 2, 2014
- Day 58 - IpswichAs there was no set check out time for our house in Gorsey Bank, Wirksworth, we didn't have to hurry in our packing and cleaning, which was nice. We said our goodbyes to Jasper the cat as the sky started Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 2, 2014
- Get Thee to a Nunnery...
In our final few days of our visit to the U.K., I was anxious to take a little walking tour along the banks of the Isis in search of a treacle well and the remains of th Posted by thecarsons in The Carsons in the UK | Aug 1, 2014
- Day 57 - ChesterfieldThe day began with some Skype calls to parents, and making a plan for the afternoon. We decided on Chesterfield, packed sandwiches and headed off.
Chesterfield, a large town less than an hour away, has a flea market on Thursdays, so Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 1, 2014
- Taking off and arriving in the UKWe got away as planned on 23rd July, 2014 and the benefits of having daughters working in the airlines paid off with us both having our tickets upgraded to business for the whole journey although not sitting together of the Posted by GailJones in 2014 European Cruises + Paris, Malta, UK | Jul 30, 2014
- Day 55 - Castleton Today we set off to Castleton to meet with Margaret, Tori's dads cousin, his fathe'rs sister's daughter. We had arranged to met Margaret and go for a cup of tea at a local cafe and then a walk around the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Wirksworth, by MerenHi guy
We're staying in Wirksworth at the moment. It is a very nice town. All the houses
are either made of brick, stone or concrete. The house we are staying in is down
a quiet street near a park and a playground. Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Day 56 - MatlockJust before midnight our dear friend Chris Beekmeyer called to let us know about a few minor issues with our house. He has been overseeing our house rental and doing a fabulous job. Thanks Chris! Turns out there is a Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Wirksworth, by EvieHi guys it is Evie here. I like staying in Wirksworth. We went to gilovers kingdom. I went on a roler koster it was rele fun. We went to chatswith hows were thay film prid and prejudis. We went to Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Time Passes...
Although I quite enjoy hearing them, it still seems strange to mark the passing hours with tolling bells; of course, dragging massive stones vast distances and arranging them in amusing Posted by thecarsons in The Carsons in the UK | Jul 29, 2014
- Back in East AngliaBack in the Bury St Edmunds area, we had 2 nights at the Bush Inn in Shimpling (GBP65 per night)
And then had 1 night at the very old (13thC) Abbey Hotel in Bury
Posted by kforge in Kevin and Jeni's Travels 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- Plump Jack and the Dirty Duck
On Wednesday, we finished class early to allow people to do a bit more exploring. I had been looking forward to this for months, since we had long ago purchased tickets for a production Posted by thecarsons in The Carsons in the UK | Jul 28, 2014
- Ode to a Nightingale...
I am now convinced that the ancient bellman in the church across the street is conspiring with the pigeons to keep me from sleeping more than an hour at a time. Posted by thecarsons in The Carsons in the UK | Jul 28, 2014