- 'Ere d'be greetans vrom wold Darzet m'dearsWe are, as you can see, in the depths of Dorset. Learning the language has been somewhat taxing but fortunately they do actually speak English which we can understand in most places. On the other hand the countryside around here Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Jul 10, 2014
- 10th July 2014LOTS of packing of things today. And I've decided to be a bit more ruthless when sorting stuff out at the parents' house.
Bit emotional too as it is starting to sink in even more what is about to happen. Burst Posted by emmaabroad in Yorkshire | Jul 10, 2014
- Wednesday 9th July (Elton)With the Tour de France taking over the city of London on Monday, our original plans were to do a walking tour of London today. But having walked a lot of London on Monday, we decided to do the Hop Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 9, 2014
- The Granite City - Aberdeen My friend Jen G moved back home to Aberdeen last year so we planned to get the old Skye team back together (Craig & Gordon) and take a road trip up to The Granite City. It took two hours to Posted by WHYDT in Bonnie Scotland | Jul 8, 2014
- 8th July 2014So the past two days have been interesting ones.
And by interesting, I mean emotional.
On Monday, I said my goodbyes to MORE people. It was incredibly draining, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Firstly there was James in Posted by emmaabroad in Yorkshire | Jul 8, 2014
- Essex and SuffolkAfter a week house-sitting Steve and Carole's house on Mersea Island, we moved to Lawshall in Suffolk for a week in order to see my mother and sister in nearby Cockfield. We stayed at Brighthouse Farm in one of their Posted by kforge in Kevin and Jeni's Travels 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- Monday 7th July (Elton)Nothern Hemisphere summers. Short nights, long days, but so far, not particularly summery, but more on that as we continue. We woke, early, to the brightness of a sunny day, and with our bedroom facing east, not particularly Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- STATE OF ORIGIN - UK STYLE28/05/2014 - State of Origin - Game 1
So I managed to ban myself from social media all day today in order to not know the score of SOO game 1! And I don't know how, but I managed to succeed! Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- Windsor Castle25/05/2014
Today Sam and I met at Paddington and headed off on a day trip to Queenie's other house, Windsor Castle! We lined up for quite a while as it was a gorgeous day outside and every man and his dog Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- Nay's Wedding 17/05/2014
Today was HARD! My sister-in-law Kirsten's sister Nadine, who I have become very close with over the years, is marrying the man of her dreams today in Sydney and I am in London, unable to be there in person! There Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- Day 30 - WalesArising around 7am, we finished packing the car and got another round of hugs from Alison as she left for work. A quick breakfast and a goodbye to John, with promises to keep in touch, and we were on our Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Heading west, and lunch with a gullJust over a week ago we took to the road again and headed for Stratford on Avon (or Stratford upon Avon, depending on which side of the river you are on). We had originally booked accommodation in Shipston Posted by brighting in Brighting babbles | Jul 6, 2014
- Turning the big 2-8 in London!I was a little worried about my first birthday in the UK, being away from my friends and family is hard enough but on a day where you are used to having them around, I thought I'd spend the day Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Dover===Dover to Deal and lunch in Calais===
After doing the Hasting to Rye walk, we were keen to attempt another, this time on our own. We chose a long weekend to walk from Dover to Deal along the White Cliffs.
Rather Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jul 6, 2014
- 6th July 2014Saying goodbye is hard.
No, it's really hard.
I've done several now and it doesn't get any easier each time.
On Friday I had my last day at work. Sounds weird to say that I am no longer a reporter. Packing up Posted by emmaabroad in Yorkshire | Jul 6, 2014
- Mid-Week Getaway to Bath!!! 01/04/2014
So my mum's birthday was coming up and I knew that I would be a bit down as I couldn't be there to celebrate with her so I decided on a spontaneous trip to Bath which is a gorgeous city Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- My First UK Theatre Experience - Wicked26/03/2014
I put the alarm on today and got up early to head to Victoria to line up for day tickets to Wicked, the musical! I had been told that if you line up on the day that they have a Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- ROAD TRIP!!! 21/03/2014 to 23/03/2014
Soooo, Sam Barry invited me away for the weekend with her, Sam 2 and Sam's partner's cousin Joe to Joe's parents holiday house! There are not enough words to describe just how much fun the 4 of us Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Dad's 60th...20/03/2014
So today I had the first day where I wanted to be home!! My dads 60th!! We had a celebration before I left and gave him his present etc, but not being able to see him, hug him, or even Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Moving in to my new place17/03/2014
So today was the day to move into my new place! And it wasn't without a few dramas along the way! I couldn't get access to my money on my Australian card and was in tears to mum on the Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- My First UK Day Trip16/03/2014
Today I am taking my very first day trip outside of London with Lauren (who I met on day 1) and her friend Lauren (what is it with meeting people of the same name?! At least it's easy to remember Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Day 28 - EnglandWe got up early with the view to make the most of the entry fee at Warwick Castle. It was a struggle to get up as we've been up late chatting with Alison and John, which has been lovely. The Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- Independence day
Tomorrow is the big day. Moving into new place after 6 months living with family. After that just got to find work and stay afloat... Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 26 - Brunton, WiltshireWith the O'Shaughnessy family all at work and school, we headed off to tick quite a few things off our list of must-see sights. First up was the Bulford kiwi. Google it for more information. My understanding is that after Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 3, 2014
- Hello Brighton! Wow, so one week flew by so quickly! It was a great week with family but it was time to leave for Brighton...
Let me start by saying that Saturday was one heck of a day.
From the stress of taking Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 1, 2014