- Our version of Who Do You Think You AreSitting at Aunty Jeans kitchen table it suddenly dawned on me we were on our own version of Who Do You Think You Are minus the cameras.
Let me rewind to the start of the day.
We woke to fog/smog & Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jun 5, 2016
- The Cursed EggsArriving early at the airport, I'm one of the first to check onto my flight. I was served by a lovely lady, so petite she had to almost kneel on her desk to wave me from the queue. Deposited Posted by thehangrygames in Aggressive Adventuring | Jun 5, 2016
- Delightful DevonWe arrived at Purshall Hall (England) yesterday, Fudge (the dog) is glad to have me back.
So this morning the five of us (Heather, Barb, Rob, Mum & me) piled into Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jun 4, 2016
- 60 is just a number!Back to the busy roads and towns of England, back to the hospitality of Ian and jacqui's drive and back to MOT and service. We had a lovely lunch with Jill and John at the Bear in Moreton Jacqui Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | May 31, 2016
- England Posted by Vinanj in Vinanj | Feb 16, 2009
- Getting Ready!Hello World!
After months and months (and months and months...) of planning, the time is ALMOST here for us to fly across the pond to start our travels Stateside, before we head further south to Central America!
With the weather being utterly Posted by nicoroar in Where's the next adventure? | May 31, 2016
- The weekendAfter just a few hours of sleep we were on our way to the airport once again. We arrived in good time having taken a “limosine” from the hotel which proved to be our cheapest ride yet as the Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | May 29, 2016
- May 18-19May 18-19
May 18 we decided to go to Holyrood Palace. This was Mary Queen of Scots palace. A mile further up was her castle! At the beginning of our visit to Edinburgh Holyrood Palace was closed for Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 29, 2016
- May 17May 17
This is the day Sean has been waiting for the whole trip – St. Andrews, the birth place of golf. St. Andrews lived up to his expectations and more. We took the bus from Edinburgh, about a Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 28, 2016
- May 16May 16
Today we took a bus from Edinburgh to Glasgow. It was about an hour bus ride and the countryside was beautiful. We both felt Glasgow was similar to Belfast. It was a bustling ship building community Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 27, 2016
- May 15May 15
We took a tour to Loch Ness to see if we could see the Loch Ness monster. No luck – only monster we saw was Sean. The bus drive took us through the Highlands and by many Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 26, 2016
- London Day 2* Alarm goes off at 7:00 for early start for the Wimbledon tour day
* Not wanting to wake anyone else I tiptoe out to the living room
* I am surprised by Oyuna and Amy who have been up since 5:00
* Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 20, 2016
- May 14May 14
We started our day by going to 2 Farmers Markets, both near the castle. We ate some wonderful local food at one of the markets. Sean had a buffalo burger and Wanda had a venison pie. Lots of Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 24, 2016
- Day 25 - StirlingWe left Edinburgh for Stirling. Taking the scenic route - aka missing a turn and going over a massive bridge to then wheel around to our destination!!! It was interesting exercise as a new bridge is being built and with Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 24, 2016
- Bristol - Birmingham - Dubai
The day has finally arrived! After weeks and months of planning, we are off on the Great African Adventure with our friends Lyn and Chris.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 10, 2016
- London* Sun shining in before 5:00am
* I close the blinds but still wake up at 5:30 and head to the living room leaving Judy sleeping
* Oyuna and Amy straggle out at 6:00 which is really 1:00 am at home – Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 19, 2016
- May 12-13May 12-13
May 12 we flew from London to Edinburgh. We got situated in our hotel room and set out to get a little familiar with the city.
On May 13 we did a Hop On-Hop Off bus tour. Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 23, 2016
- Day 24 - Royal DayToday the focus was royalty. We started off at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Queen's official Scottish residence. We were mightily disappointed that we could not go inside as the Lord High Commissioner was in residence as the Queen's official Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 23, 2016
- The Gowler African Adventure 2016
Not since our Around-the-World trip in 2002 has so much planning and so much anticipation gone in to a holiday. So why is this one so special? Several years ago Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 9, 2016
- Arrival London* Arrive Heathrow an hour early
* Walk about a mile (no exaggeration) from the gate to Immigration booths
* The queue takes about 45 minutes
* Amy is waiting outside customs for us
* Find our car service and head to the Pimiento Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 18, 2016
- Day 22 - York to EdinburghToday we left York and travelled via Carlisle to Edinburgh. We didn't intend to make it all the way but made good time. We came through some of the most beautiful English countryside - Yorkshire, North Pennines and Cumbria and Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 21, 2016
- London: Greenwich and the South Bank
We fly into London in late July, as a gift to myself (and to make it easier to leave Japan) I've timed this so we can see Derren Brown's Infamous show while we're here. So that's where Posted by DKJM74 in Japan and Beyond with Damon and Haru | May 21, 2016
- Day 21 - YorkWe picked up our car at London City Airport - its a Nissan Qashqai - not quite an Xtrail but almost. It is electric start, electric button hand brake and reverse that needs your mouth in the right position for Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 20, 2016
- Day 20 - LondonThis morning the weather had improved and we had no rain even if the sun didn't really shine. First up was a walking tour to see the Changing of the Guard. This tour states off at Piccadilly Circus and you Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 19, 2016
- Day 19 - Exploring LondonBy feet, underground, boat and London Eye we explored London today.
Just a FYI it was wet and cold on and off all day so this made outdoor activities a tad trying!
Off to the Tower of London and we took the Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 18, 2016