- London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi- Sunday, 10 April 2011We arrived at Heathrow Airport, London at 1.15 pm. Luggage arrived too and we cleared immigration and customs and hooked up with our transfer driver without any problem. (I am ALWAYS very happy to pay for a personal Posted by gaddingabout in London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi | Sep 20, 2013
- Confirmed! YesWell got a really nice surprise today when I checked on how our flight was looking and found that we are now confirmed,all of us, which means that we are on the flight. Was getting a tad worried that we Posted by jblightys in Around Australia in a bus | Sep 19, 2013
- Finally the trip has begunI arrived in London yesterday with all sorts of packages. It ended up being a simple van (just like an airporter) and I was dropped off at Mika and Gilad's apartment. Everything was ready for me here. They had put Posted by sullivanscoffee in Overland in Africa | Sep 19, 2013
- Blogs!Well I hope that I have sorted it now! We will see how easy it will be! :_) Posted by jblightys in Around Australia in a bus | Sep 18, 2013
- Nearly timeWell it's nearly time to leave. Saturday is our big day. Can't wait, have lots of things to do before. Watch this space!
Please keep on leaving messages! ===Your subheading here...=== Posted by jblightys in Around Australia in a bus | Sep 18, 2013
- York to EdinburghDear All
The pace has been a little frantic and I haven't had much time to do the blog.
We are off to Rome this morning so will do what I can to provide more information as soon as I can.
Suffice to Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 17, 2013
- Soundtrack to the trip''Now the hardness of this world slowly grinds your dreams away
Makin' a fool's joke out of the promises we make
And what once seemed black and white turns to so many shades of gray
We lose ourselves in work to do and Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Sep 16, 2013
- Glastonbury to YorkDear All
Left Parsnips fairly early (rather regretfully I might say) and hit the road to Nottingham. The owner of the B&B, Linda, was so welcoming and went to all lengths to make sure we had a fantastic stay and she Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 15, 2013
- London[center]Twenty four hours on a plane was never going to be enjoyable, but after various oddly timed meals, several meals and naps later, Jordyn, Sam and i arrived safe and sound in London.
Posted by LindaMoran in My European Adventure | Sep 14, 2013
- Visas visas visasSo today I was awoken by my passport coming back with this, and I was in buoyant mood:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/621428/20130914_120714.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/621428/thumb_20130914_120714.jpg caption=Well I'm heading h Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Sep 14, 2013
- Preparing for the time change2am (UK) start so clearly getting into Australian time as quickly as possible. Excitement about the trip – meaning panic about missing the flight – helping with the time change.
Arrived at Gatwick at 6.30am. Check in like a babies bottom Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Sep 8, 2013
- Wells & BathSo today was off to Wells Cathedral which apparently has some connection with King Arthur & Gwynavere! Rather huge and as beautiful as Westminster Abbey. Just a little plainer on the inside and not as many famous people buried there. Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 13, 2013
- 2013 Liege - Rome - Liege Rally
Bianca is Piston Ready. Her four BESPOKE new ones duly arriving from the USA on time. So Dr. Ian Button hoisted her in the air, took out her engine, fiddled about a bit (stop it in the back) and Bob's Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Sep 13, 2013
- Cornwall and GlastonburyDear all
Have been flat chat and therefore been just a tad slack at updating the blog.
Left London for Gatwick Airport and picked up the car. Noice! It's VW Sharan and for a 2 litre, picks its skirts up and bolts Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 12, 2013
- Time to get BARMY!"The man who can dominate a London dinner-table can dominate the world." -Oscar Wilde
Does this translate over to cyclists who can dominate London roads? Well. I suppose it doesn't matter because I am far from mastering them. Today google maps Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Sep 12, 2013
- One week to go!One last day left at work. Handovers done. Big leaving do. Big hangover. Then it's the final push to get the last of the flat boxed and packed up ready for everything to go into storage. Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Sep 12, 2013
- So in November I disappear off for four months...During my travels I will wander across this bridge, through here, and recuperate somewhere like these bays…
I will hopefully see some of these flamboyant characters in Indochina and Papu Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Sep 9, 2013
- calais to folkestone (via dover)monday: we were happily sitting in the carpark at calais yesterday, resigned to the fact that there
were no services to speak of, and then, whilst exploring the area, p found a sign saying there was
another aire with Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Sep 9, 2013
- Final day of Shopping in London Dear All
Last day for getting around and picking up the last little bits of shopping.
London is awesome and we've had a ball.
We split up yesterday. Margy and Sandy went to Madame Tussauds, Kensington Palace and some shopping.
Ron and I Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 9, 2013
- T minus 16 daysA practice blog before we embark on our travels.
So, house is almost packed up, visas have arrived, Indian Ruppee card got. This week families will be descending on our almost bare house ahead of our leaving party. This all means Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Sep 8, 2013
- Day 4-5 in LondonG'day all
London is so wonderful to visit. So much to see and the shopping is superb!
We went to Buckingham Palace yesterday along with most of London's population to see the changing of the guard. With the little I could see, Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 7, 2013
- "F-f-f-f-f-FIRE'Never thought I would say this but there were more people out and about on Saturday than we have ever seen in one place in China. Too many for comfort but we managed to find some gems amongst the Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 7, 2013
- London StartThe flight to London was far better than anticipated. We flew on a 380 (?) which carries nearly 500 when full. That sounds to be a bit overwhelming but our travel agent managed to get two seats Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 7, 2013
- 2 Months to goFirst post on my blog! the adventure hasn't quite begun but there preperations certainly have. My flight, insurance & initial accommodation is booked. Now that everything is paid for, it really has sunk in that in 2 months time I Posted by Jade183 in The Adventure Begins | Sep 6, 2013
- Off and readyThe night before I go, it's 10pm and obviously have only just finished packing.
Let's hope I have everything for Bangkok and beyond!
Also... thank you Mum for taking me Posted by TonysTravels in Tony's Travels | Sep 5, 2013