- Sold my star playerSacked my tarot card reader (reasonably nicely) and immediately felt it was a mistake. I’m not too concerned as to whether the REV Q is ‘genuine' or ‘fake', or something in-between: he was great to talk to. You’ve Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Sep 18, 2014
- The Bowes MuseumOn the way back from Raby Castle I stopped off at The Bowes Museum which is just a 2 minute walk from Barnard Castle's main shopping street. Before you even enter the grand gates you stop in your tracks to Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Sep 9, 2014
- The North EastI have managed to get about a month behind with my blog. I have decided to take a day to try and get up to date so I am in Wetherspoons taking advantage of their comfy sofa and free wifi.
I Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Sep 16, 2014
- LondonWell the weather in London is becoming unseasonably warm for this time of year - good news for us as it has been a little cool. We've been chilling out and living a bit like the locals, shopping, cooking and Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 16, 2014
- Maybe possiblySister came down for the weekend with niece, nephew and other half. It was heritage open weekend and we visited a bunch of places including Margate’s oldest theatre, which was built in the late 1700s and is the second Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Sep 15, 2014
- Getting ready to leaveIt seems I have been looking forward to this trip for years and now the time has come for me to get my stuff together, load up & get on my bike.
The idea is to travel as light as possible, Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 15, 2014
- MGOC Rally -Majorca - Setting OffWednesday 10th September
Impossible to think the car is all working and looking so good
Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 14, 2014
- London EnglandFrom Paris to London, Under English Channel by Euro Star. Posted by jessicablyman in World Wide Waftage | Sep 13, 2014
- iphone schmyphoneFirst science class on Tuesday. Before I went I had tea (as in early dinner but also had a cup of tea) at a cafe in Canterbury Road. A man sitting on a motorbility scooter asked me if I’d Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Sep 12, 2014
- UKWe will have lots of down time now that we have arrived in London. So today we decide to take a walk along the canal towards Regents Park. When we passed Shoreditch we decided to visit some of the street Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 11, 2014
- Au revoir
So this is our very first blog post! As we haven't actually left the country yet, we thought we'd keep it short and sweet!
We wanted to share some pictures of our leaving do Posted by JamesandJamie in James & Jamie's World adventures! | Sep 11, 2014
- lunched in LondonArrived sound as a pound in London, enjoyed a lovely day tooling around Chelsea. Lunch in honor of you P6: 'bubbles' and 'apps' - Happy Day small man. Having dinner at the airport now then climbing aboard Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 11, 2014
- Raby Castle and High ForceA short distance up the road from Barnard Castle is Raby Castle. This is a privately owned castle where Lord Barnard lives. The grounds have a 200 acre deer park within it and the deer can be seen wandering freely Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Sep 9, 2014
- MG Owners Club Rally - Majorca 2014 Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 9, 2014
- Moan dayHad to phone up my fitness instructor this morning and re-schedule my second session because I haven’t recovered from the first one I had on Saturday morning. He seemed understanding, “I did push you quite hard” he said. Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Sep 9, 2014
- Week 21 & Week 22: Rainy old EnglandOur cricket watching in England didn't get off to a great start. We got up early in Calais to catch the ferry, and arrived to rain in Dover. Unfortunately it didn't get any better in Canterbury. We were met with Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Sep 8, 2014
- Out to Africa - in search of the Greatest Show on EarthBack in the autumn last year, a friend (thanks Jen) suggested I might be willing to hold a talk for Avon Wildlife Trust about some of my wildlife related travels. I agreed to talk about “African Safaris” as I do Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 7, 2014
- Home sweet homeMade it home in one piece, unloaded the car, went and got Tess, and unpacked....
The car is now back up high on its suspension and we have taken stock of the items that the poor little Citroen had managed to Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Sep 7, 2014
- Doses and MimosasSo, in 24 hours I will have landed in Lisbon and will have officially started the 2 month Europe stint of my travels.
Am busy getting ready, and it just feels appropriate that Doses and Mimosas should be the soundtrack Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 6, 2014
- Farewell to the UK and friends and familyAfter many hours of packing the house and moving out, departure is but a few days away!
This time I have chosen this site to record my journey and you will be able to follow me on the map, read about Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Sep 6, 2014
While we were landing at Heathrow Airport, I was hoping there would be families greeting loved ones everywhere, hugging, kissing and shouting all around, just like the opening scene in Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Sep 5, 2014
- Everything London! Just a little later than planned. This morning we woke up and made another wonderful breakfast of bananas, yogurt, English muffins, some British tea and orange juice. We watched the morning BBC news, took a quick shower and then we were out the door. We Posted by travelspark in We got the Spark to Travel | Sep 1, 2014
- Action packed August - Part 2Next in August was a trip up to Hull to visit Helen's old friend Belinda and her family then a trip into Shropshire to visit Helen's Dad.
The children enjoyed getting to know Belinda's 2 children, Jemima and Joseph, and they Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Sep 4, 2014
- Action packed August - part 1At the start of August we went to the Lake District with family. The Lake District is in the north west part of England and home to some beautiful scenery and lovely walks. We spent a week with Helen's Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Sep 4, 2014
- On the road again (soon)
While getting ready for my trip to SE Asia, I took the opportunity to catch up with as many people as possible over here. Ian Coleman from my days at Fujitsu is now living and working in London, so we Posted by liamwimbo in Cambodia_Laos | Sep 4, 2014