- May 3May 3
We started our day in Greenwich Village which was a short walk from our self-catering apartment. We saw the Cutty Sark ship, the oldest Anglican church in the London area St. Alfege, and the Old Royal Naval College. Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 9, 2016
- May 1-2May 1-2
We took two days and simply walk around London with no specific tours scheduled. However, we still saw plenty of things to fill our days. On May 1 we went to Kings Crossing and 9 ¾ Platform from Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 7, 2016
- April 30April 30
We took a bus to Kensington Palace and Wanda showed Sean how she wants to live. The tour included the King’s state apartments, the Queen’s state apartments, the King’s staircase, a section on Queen Victoria, the gardens and Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 7, 2016
- April 29April 29
Today we toured the Tower of London, the #1 tourist attraction in London. The Tower of London is a historic castle on the riverbank of the River Thames. It is 1000 years old! From the Tower Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 6, 2016
- April 27-28April 27-28
Flew to London on April 27. Took the train into London from the airport, then the tube and another train to get to our self-catering apartment. We are staying near Greenwich and the train and bus stops Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 6, 2016
- PreparationI have been talking for more years than I care to remember about riding my motorcycle to Mongolia, I had even got the Lonely Planet's book on Mongolia as a Christmas present 2 years ago!
So it's time to stop talking Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Apr 28, 2016
- Packing, printing, and just a little bit of panicking...Travel insurance documents printed...tick!
Copies of passport...tick!
Yellow Fever certificate...tick!
Bag packed...not quite, I do still have 2 days to throw in those last minute, almost-forgotten items: razor, tweezers, 5 b Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Apr 18, 2016
- WalesAugust 10
Went into Selby and had hair done at last. Bought Scholls!.
Left Newtons around 12 for the west coast. Looked around Liverpool, crossed Birkenhead Tunnel then to Rhos-on-sea to visit Ann and Obe Hammond. Dinner with them at their Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Yorkshire MoorsAugust 9
Explored the Castle. Bought kilts for the girls - Douglas - Stuart tartans.
Drove south from Edinburgh through border country to Newcastle then skirted the Yorkshire Moors to arrive at the Newtons via York at Selby.
Went to Black Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- The HighlandsAugust 8
Continued through the Highlands and slept through Loch Ness!, woke at Inverness.
Stopped at Nairn, Banff. Had lunch. Drove around harbour to Macduff.
Turned South to Aberdeen. Saw North Sea oil rig in distance. Aberdeen is the servi Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Travelling north...August 7
Left Ingleton. Drove through Cumbria past Gretna Green, Carlisle, Glasgow. Toured Drumlanrig Castle - home of the Scott-Douglas family. Very grand, but tatty. Then Thornhill, Ballencleuch and Dumfrieshire.
Continued North to Loch Lomo Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- London continued...August 6
Shopping at Harrods - alarm clock and maternity bathers (!), briefly toured Liberty shop, then picked up car and headed north on the M1.
Drove around Woburn Abbey - lunch at Bedford Arms in Woburn.
Continued north through Midlands, Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Touring LondonAugust 5
Went on London tour with guide, then on to Mme Tussaud’s Wax Works.
Lunch in London pub and afternoon shopping.
Theatre in evening to see Glenda Jackson in “Summit Conference”, then dinner at lovely Italian restaurant Terrazzo.
Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- London... ===August 4======
6.00 Arrived in London. Caught bus to Penta Hotel - big and soulless. Checked in then caught bus to Camden Town.
Had lunch in hotel then went on barge cruise on Thames fromWindsor to Maidenhead. Windsor is Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- IntroductionAnd again I am going to try and write a blog, this time on my travels in the UK, separate to my London exploring. This will not be as regular as the London blog, but will include day trips Posted by Wendils in UK Calling..... | Apr 17, 2016
- IntroductionHi All,
I know I don't have a good history with this blog thing, but yes I am giving it another go! I guess I am a sucker for punishment. This is the first and it will be Posted by Wendils in London by..... | Apr 17, 2016
- Nowhere Girl
I have reason to be morbid. Haha. A grave shall grace the introduction of this post
After a day's worth of exploring Manchester, I was slightly more than eager to get out of the Posted by othebellejar in Star Crossed Strangers | Apr 16, 2016
- Short trip to AldeburghWe thought Easter week would be busy, no! We found a site only an hour from us on the coast, it was almost deserted. Beach View Holiday Park at Sizewell. Good weather now the high wind and Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Motorhome Adventures 2016 | Apr 10, 2016
- And so the adventure beginsHaving toured parts of Europe by motorcycle over the past few years and traveled in France by car it's time to do something a bit different.
For some time we had been considering getting a motorhome once I'd retired and going Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Motorhome Adventures 2016 | Apr 10, 2016
- London and the South EastFor the next 3 days we wandered around London at our leisure. We brunched at the delightful Ropewalk Markets, which was close to our hotel in Bermandsey. Strangely, although Bermandsey itself was full of quaint bars and restaurants Posted by paulymx in UK and Ireland 2015 | Apr 5, 2016
- Last week in London - until the next timeFlight from Dublin was a bit late so did not get home until very late so had a quiet day during the day on Friday before the traditional boozy night out in Victoria with Trevor and Andy. Next day Wimbledon Posted by liamwimbo in LiamWimboSLF | Mar 28, 2016
- UK- EDINBURGH
Sepertinya banyak orang Indonesia sudah mengenalnya sebagai tujuan berwisata ke Eropa.
Edinburgh dimana ya? kalau mba Utami staf yang mengurus Visa tidak bercerita soal Edinburgh saya jelas juga tidak mengenalnya.
Akhirnya jadila Posted by ourluxtravel in UK - EDINBURGH | Mar 28, 2016
- Space Junkie===Space Junk===
That is what my friends call it. Why fly thousands of miles to the USA to see used up old aircraft and rockets parts? Hit the beach instead man, they say!
But for someone who's childhood dream was always Posted by Jason.Quilliam in USA space museum odessy | Mar 28, 2016
- Far East MovementWell where do we begin!?? It has been a roller coaster of a year!! with lots and lots of ups and downs to say the least.
We have always been lovers of eco tourism/naturalists and love wildlife & nature in its Posted by abshaque in A&T Travel Blog | Mar 19, 2016
- Six go mad in LancasterLeft very early and got to Euston with nearly an hour to spare. Although there were other Wimbledon fans on the train, I got stuck amongst the Coventry City. London supporters club, along with their loud-mouthed CEO, on their way Posted by liamwimbo in LiamWimboSLF | Mar 17, 2016