- Visas and VaccinationsOur Russian visas were collected on Monday and our application for Belarus transit visas submitted on Tuesday so everything is proceeding well on that front.
We had our appointment with the nurse at our local surgery to get our travel vaccinations. Posted by athurstanc in Around the World in 75 Days | Jan 25, 2014
- ItineraryNo planes, but trains, boats, buses and automobiles! This is our plan of action:
Day 1 London to Brussels by Eurostar
then change to German ICE train to Cologne
Posted by athurstanc in Around the World in 75 Days | Jan 2, 2014
- Introducing our plansWe have been planning this trip for some time now but is finally coming together and have begun booking tickets and getting visas organised. The idea of going around the world in less than 80 days was inspired by Michael Posted by athurstanc in Around the World in 75 Days | Jan 22, 2014
- Days 1 & 2Our first day was short and uneventful with the only bump being a short delay out of Tulsa. With plenty of layover time in the schedule we were not worried. We hung out at home for an extra hour and Posted by MaryDavis in Israel/Rome | Jan 31, 2014
- The One for My Subscribers...I haven't written a blog since the one I posted from Hong Kong airport, but after checking my Traveller's Point account I was pleasantly surprised to see that you had all subscribed to it... so I thought sharing what I Posted by emilyferris in China - Teaching English and more | Jan 31, 2014
- 1/28 - The Woman in BlackTuesday began just as normally as every other day in London. Nimra and I woke up to attend class for 10:30 am. After learning some basic economic models from our professor, we listened to an interesting lecture from Nicholas Crafts Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 30, 2014
- 1/27 - Cool (London) RunningsMonday morning marked the beginning of both our second full week in London and our second full week of classes. Often, Mondays are a cause for groaning and bemoaning (after all, who really likes to wake up early to go Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 29, 2014
- 1/26 - Sunday is the Mandated Day of RestAfter the incredible busyness of the past three days (Friday and Saturday in particular) everyone in the flat was in need of a morning lie in. Waking up at a lazy 10 am, I was only the second flatmate to Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 28, 2014
- 1/25 - Living on the Wild SideThe adventures of Saturday were almost entirely outside of the downtown London area. We woke up at 9 am on Saturday with the intention of heading to the Portobello Market, which all of our professors have raved about. Upon finding Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 27, 2014
- 1/24 - No Classes on Friday!Friday was a massively adventurous and long day. From taking the tube for the first time, to walking along the Thames, to attending our first UCL events, the day was wonderfully full and fun.
It began early in the morning with Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 26, 2014
- 1/23 - Thursday was Birthday Time!Sorry it's been so long since the last post! This is the first day since Thursday that I've had enough time to put my feet up, let alone blog about everything that has been keeping me so busy. Hopefully, this Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 26, 2014
- Depart d'Edimbourg et Londres25/01
Et voila, nous sommes enfin le 25 Janvier et nous partons d'Edimbourg, le coeur lourd et avec un peu de stress concernant le futur, mais aussi l'excitation et la joie de voir de nouveaux horizons.
Apres une heure de retard du Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 26, 2014
- Planning to Go!
Keith is now retired so we are off to New Zealand in February 2014 ! We leave England on 4th February and return on 6th March.
The plan is to fly into Christchurch, stay a few days with Keith's Posted by KeithandElanaNZ in KeithandElanaNZ | Jan 25, 2014
- Au revoir EdimbourgPour saluer une dernière fois cette ville que nous aimons tant, nous avons décidé de monter sur Arthur Seats avec Massi, Elisabetta et Teddy.
Malgré le vent et le froid, nous avons passé une superbe journée et avons bien profité Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 23, 2014
- 1/22 - First Normal Day in LondonYesterday was almost entirely uneventful. Though perhaps boring to read about in a blog, it was nonetheless a wonderful day! Filled with economics classes, cooking in the kitchen, reconnecting with friends from home, and a fair amount of Sherlock Holmes, Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 23, 2014
- Appart videEt voilà, maman et papa sont repartis et ont tout emporte :) L'appart nous parait vide mais on a la chance d'avoir Massi et Elisabetta pour nous tenir compagnie et remplir les vides :)
Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Jan 21, 2014
- 1/21 - That Time We Walked 8 Miles...Yesterday was chock full of activities, most of which involved copious amounts of walking. It all began with our second full day of classes. After waking up later than we planned, Nimra and I walked briskly to our class on Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 22, 2014
- 1/20 - All Aboard the Hogwarts Express! Yesterday started dark and early (the sun doesn't come up until about 8:15 am) at 7:45 am. The whole flat (now full with 6 girls since Nimra arrived on Sunday!) was getting ready for our first day of classes in Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 21, 2014
- Fourteen days to "Day Zero"They always say you have to enchant the reader with the first sentence. Given I've already written the first sentence and it's probably not too thrilling, I'll stick to a short note which gives some background to this venture.
Posted by magdarine in Out and about far away from home | Jan 20, 2014
- 1/19 - Wait, THAT'S Where the Queen Lives?Wow has it been a busy first few days in London! There is so much to do, so many places to go, and so many sights to see. Trying to fit them all in among the necessities of sleeping, cooking Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 19, 2014
- Travel build upIt only feels like yesterday that we were counting down from 2 years with nothing more than hazy images in our minds eye of what travelling would feel like. Now, with less than two weeks to go and a to Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Jan 19, 2014
- Step 1 complete: flights bookedWith all of our major flights now booked, the planning begins. First item on the agenda? Debate whether a jacket that calls itself 'waterproof' will suffice even if it is not GoreTex. Turns out that there is a lot to Posted by awaywego in Joining the dots | Jan 19, 2014
- 1/17 - Well, that took longer than expected!Well, the past 48 hours have been very long, filled with nearly non-stop travel drama and jet-lag. Fortunately, everyone is so excited to be in London that not even a delays could dampen our spirits.
It all began for Miri Posted by lydias.grace in Lydia Goes to London | Jan 18, 2014
- One day to go :DSo I have one day left and guess what... I still haven't packed, nothing like leaving things till the last minute. I have been trying since last weekend but still can't decide what to take - currently my bag contains Posted by TashAdams89 in Part 1 - Asia | Jan 18, 2014
- Buying suncream in JanuaryIn three weeks’ time, I will be sitting in Heathrow Airport ready to take a Dreamliner to Lusaka, via Addis Ababa.
I don’t feel prepared to leave. My flat is currently in chaos as I try to sort it, ready Posted by DrHannah in Dr Hannah in Zambia | Jan 17, 2014