- One more time with a little mo' feelingSince this is my second Christmas in Abu Dhabi can I now call it my annual visit? Tomorrow I leave to visit Chaz in Abu Dhabi for a month. My flight is direct this year from Atlanta to Dubai. As Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 3, 2013
- Summer 2013-- Chicago bound!Saturday August 6th we left home at 4am, to arrive in Chicago by 10am.. ish.. p.s I think Tolls SUCK!
We did stop for breakfast. I think It was Bob Evan's in Illinois. We went straight to the Shedd Aquarium, Posted by Room4six in Room4six | Aug 9, 2013
- St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin IslandsWe are back on U.S. soil, cleared U.S. customs this morning, can see U.S. Postal Service mailboxes, called our kids without dialing “1” first -- we are at St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, where Americans drive on the left. Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Apr 29, 2013
- Homily - April 28, 2013
Homily preached by
The Reverend William J. Eakins
on April 28, 2013
on the Silver Whisper in port at St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
They were ten desperate men. They had leprosy, the dreaded disease of the ancient world, a disease that separat Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Apr 29, 2013
- Bidding the Virgin Islands AdieuI have just finished my time in the U.S. and British Virgin Islands. I hope to come back someday, which is statement I reserve for only a few other places in the world. I am on my way to Costa Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Feb 6, 2013
- School, Beaches, and Jungle Trails Back to School
My graduate school classes are in full swing now. I had forgotten how much fun school can be – that is sarcasm, in case you couldn’t tell. I am slogging my way through the information blizzard, but it Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Jan 26, 2013
- My First Paddle Boarding Experience
I decided to give paddle boarding a try at Cinnamon Bay, St. John. Paddle boarding is like canoeing on a surfboard. Formal instruction is not needed. After a five minute tutorial, the equipment Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Jan 10, 2013
- First Steps on the Beach
"The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Few Steps on the Beach”
-Confucius, as misquoted by Matt Clark
My trip has officially begun! I made it to St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin I Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Jan 3, 2013
- CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS
First Sunday of Christmas dawned in a clear sky as we arrived in St. Thomas. The sun rising from behind the hills of Charlotte Amalie cast a slow progression of light Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Dec 31, 2012
- Routine Brushing and Flossing Your Pearly whites
Brushing your teeth on a regular basis (early in the morning and before resting at night) plays an important duty in taking out the meals particles from your mouth. If not removed, such clutter starts to decay and also damage Posted by campbell523 in Routine Brushing and Flossing | Nov 26, 2012
- Phil & Christy's Trip to St. John USVIWe headed out at 4:20am, Friday, November 2, 2012 to catch our 6:05am flight from Tulsa to Atlanta to St. Thomas. The flights our first day were uneventful and we arrived on-time Posted by travel4life in St. John 2012 | Nov 13, 2012
- Trying to Reason with Hurricane Sandy while on St. John=====Day 1==
===Thursday - October 25===
Getting to St. John
We woke up early to make our flight that was scheduled to leave at 8:45am from Newark to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/395545/37FA32E52219AC68178BA1 Posted by susannj in Limin' Away Again Somewhere Warm | Nov 7, 2012
- Premiers jours à Livermoreblbala Posted by Gathio in Séjour à Livermore | Nov 3, 2012
- Pre-departureWell, I now have a blog, at age 22. And I'm still not sure how to work it, so please, bear with me. As of right now, I have zero things packed, and have no intention of doing so for Posted by graceeppley in A Kentuckian in Costa Rica | Sep 23, 2012
- Live Life to the Fullest; Dine Out in Birmingham Finest RestIf you are going to fly to England, make sure you will not miss Birmingham. Birmingham is a stunning city that offers a lot of travel opportunities. Statistically speaking, Birmingham is next to London in terms of number of population. Posted by hotellatour in Hotellatour | Jul 24, 2012
- What We Thought of the Stanley HotelThe Stanley Hotel was definitely a fun place to be. The haunts, spookiness, and ghost stories made the hotel more scary and thrilling. The scariest part of both of the rooms was the closets and the bathrooms. The elevator was Posted by GarzaAdventures in 2012 Summer Trip | Jun 16, 2012
- Next stop to the land of magic Orlando, FloridaGetting to the Winnipeg airport on July 3rd at 3 am, I had the sudden urge to visit an old destination, to see how much Disney land has changed since 2002
So I bought my first ticket to Orlando, Florida. The Posted by StephanyPolo in My Dream trip around the World | May 1, 2012
- Interlude: St. JohnAs I start to write time has already faded those first weeks on land. The Virgin Islands, the first place I set foot in the Caribbean after sailing across the ocean, seem long ago and far away. With this note Posted by matthinc in All at Sea | Jan 15, 2012
- How many calories should I eat?The time has changed. Everybody now days are calorie conscious. It’s one of the most frequent questions asked by people “How many calories my body require?” There is no straight answer to this question. This question varies from person to Posted by calorie7834 in How many calories should I eat? | May 17, 2012
- Oasis of the Seas, Eastern CaribbeanArrived in St. Thomas on time and with a beautiful day. Marriott Corporation hosted 500 of us the at the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef Resort and Morningstar resort. Two resorts, one beachfront an one on higher ground on the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 9, 2012
- Get Away To Where the Boat Leaves From...“...It takes away all of your big problems.”
For those of you that aren’t good friends with the Zac Brown Band, this adventure might not make as much sense to you. Maybe I’ll try another song: “Sunshine, tan ladies, and Posted by akgearhard in The Big V. | Mar 27, 2012
- Sand, Sun & What's that?
Mornings here typically begin with leisurely coffee on the patio and gazing at the ocean, followed by a trip to the market for cold drinks to take to the beach.
This day didn’t start out right. A light rain put Posted by akgearhard in The Big V. | Mar 26, 2012
- You Can't Make This "Stuff" Up.
We were putting all of our snorkel gear in the back of the (nearly) Smart Car a couple days ago and Luke pointed out bumper sticker that read ‘WELCOME TO ST. THOMAS, USVI’ in large letters. Underneath that, it said: Posted by akgearhard in The Big V. | Mar 19, 2012
They say that practice makes perfect, which is why it was important that we start our day with a white-knuckled jaunt on the left side of the windy island road on our way to the beach. Finally, at one intersection Posted by akgearhard in The Big V. | Mar 15, 2012
- Beaches & Bulls!
There are few things I like more than waking to the sound of waves. We have a cozy little place right on the beach with an incredible view of several islands just below here and boats coming in and out Posted by akgearhard in The Big V. | Mar 14, 2012