- MontevideoUnfortunately I thought sleeping on the bus on the ride to Montevideo would really help the hangover. It only did so moderately. I still wasn't feeling too hot once I arrived. So I decided taxi was just the way to Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Dec 4, 2016
- Back to Buenos Aires and on to Colonia de Sacramento My return day to Buenos Aires wasn't an overly exciting one! After a plane ride which was unfortunately delayed and had me walking around the airport fighting to stay awake, I slept the whole ride. I took a shuttle partway Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Dec 4, 2016
- Beachin' it in Punta del EsteI capped off my short stint in Uruguay by checking out the beaches near Punta del Este! This small peninsula town is often described as the Miami of Uruguay.. Ritzy, busy, touristy. I was lucky enough to be there during Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 25, 2016
- Montevideo is a capital city!Only two and a half days in the wonderful city of Montevideo was long enough for me to fall in love! Looking for an opportunity to relax at the end of my time in South America, I had definitely found Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 25, 2016
- Uruguay --> Colonia del Sacramento After routing through Buenos Aires, I took a ferry to enter country #6.. Uruguay. And Colonia del Sacramento, or just Colonia, was the perfect place to start.. Adorable, old, colonial city. I spent the first day walking all around the Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 24, 2016
- uruguay [center][/center]
I can't say I reallllly enjoyed my time here... I found it dirty, unimpressive, and not cheap. But it was the first stop on my solo adventure so I was mos Posted by scampyyy in south america | Oct 31, 2014
It was a pleasant two and half hour bus ride from Colonia to Montevideo, through a flat and rather mundane landscape of small farms and pasture land. Traffic was spars Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Viva Colonia
The next morning we had a ferry to catch across the River Plate to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. The trip only takes about an hour and half and is a popular day trip Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 22, 2016
- Three days in UruguayThree days in Uruguay.
Got up early the next day and headed to the ferry terminal by a local bus that took me close to the terminal. Check-in was really easy and the whole immigration process was done in a few Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 15, 2016
- "Ferry,cross the..... Plate"On Boxing Day we all decided to get the ferry across the River Plate to Colonia in Uruguay .
No one spoke much English at the ferry terminal and the place was mobbed Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 27, 2015
On Monday morning we caught a morning bus from Colonia to the Uruguayan capital. Unfortunately we only had a couple of days, so we were keen to get stuck in. We made the most of the gorgeous weather and walked Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Dec 2, 2015
- Uruguay-ing to love itSam
Friday was wet and miserable, but luckily we didn't have much to do, other than pop across the Rio de la Plata to Uruguay. It should have only taken an hour, but with immigration procedures and a long delay, by Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Nov 29, 2015
- Montevideo, Uruguay After leaving the astonishing country of Chile, I am now ready visit Montevideo the Capital of Uruguay. The airport is busy yet nice looking, once I leave the airport I intend to go to the Alma Historica Boutique Hotel which Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- Montevideo Uruguay[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747048/4D72F030D94E3179D9DFE9368FA18ED7.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747048/thumb_4D72F030D94E3179D9DFE9368FA18ED7.jpg Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 14, 2015
- Punta del Este - Balneário dos endinheiradosPunta é um balneário de praias geladas para pessoas muito ricas.
Nós fomos em novembro, que é vazio. Soubemos pelos locais que no alto verão e no Carnaval é impossível de se locomover, estacionar, ou até mesmo achar um restaurante.
Fomos a Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | May 3, 2015
- Colonia de Sacramento - UruguaiColonia de Sacramento é uma vila muito interessante. Foi uma colônia Portuguesa dentro da dominação Espanhola.
Inclusive, lendo a história desta cidade, descobri que ela pertenceu inclusive ao Brasil.
Colonia ainda conserva a arquitetura, chão e tudo ma Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | May 3, 2015
- April 12 -MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY
We crossed the Atlantic in seven days, some of which were rockin' and rollin', weather that the Crystal Serenity handles beautifully!
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 15, 2015
- UruguayGot to Colonia quite late so only had a few hours to look around and grab something for lunch but had time for an amazing ice cream! [img Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 10, 2015
- A DAY IN URUGUAYOur day started with an early rise in order to catch our 8:15 ferry to the town of Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. It wouldn’t have been bad except we were exhausted last night and I stayed up blogging. In Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Mar 30, 2015
- Montevideo, UruguayWith the time being adjusted for daylight saving, this morning's sunrise was relatively late at about 0730. The sun rose into a cloudless sky and the event was brief and not very spectacular. We had a simple breakfast Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 22, 2015
- UruguayTowards the end of my stay in Argentina, I get my passport back from the embassy and immediately buy my ticket to Uruguay for later in the day. I head to the ferry docks and meet a bunch of Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 17, 2013
- Montevideo em 3.5 dias - Montevideo in 3.5 daysUruguai é um país muito interessante. No final de quase 4 dias a sensação é que você está no Brasil que fala espanhol.
No primeiro dia apenas descansamos e passeamos pela Rambla de Pocitos. Almoçamos no shopping Punta Carretas - o Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Nov 26, 2014
- Christmas and New Years in UruguayThis was my third trip to Uruguay in 2011, and this time I used the trip mostly as a writing retreat, working on manuscripts for my second and third installment of the Jonathan Brooks spy thriller series.
Here are some pics Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Feb 1, 2012
- Uruguay!We had just arrived in Uruguay when I last wrote and I had no idea what was ahead of us. What an amazing country! Yuri and I fell in love with this place - hard!
Pocitos (where we Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Jun 4, 2014
- Direction l'UruguayDeux jours plus tard, partis vers midi de l’hostel, en taxi jusqu'à la gare routière de Fos de Iguaçu (au Brésil, donc), nous prenons de la un bus direction Florianopolis ou nous arrivons le lendemain juste a temps pour Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014