- Uruguay For One Day
Okay, I admit one of the primary attractions of the day trip from Buenos Aires, Argentina, to Colonia de Sacramento, Uruguay, was the fact it would be yet anothe Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 21, 2017
- [b]Take the best Barcelona shore excursions to remember foreTake the best Barcelona shore excursions to remember forever
Touring the city of Barcelona will give you an experience that you will remember forever. The city and its magical attractions will enthral you in the most amazing way. If you Posted by tourismtravel in Tourism Travel Barcelona | Mar 9, 2017
- March 7 - PUNTA DEL ESTE, URUGUAY (Day 2)
We were anchored overnight and, being early risers, we caught the first tender to shore, passing moored fishing boats on our way to the dock.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 7, 2017
- March 6 - PUNTA DEL ESTE, URUGUAY (Day 1)
We exited the River Plate during the night and circled back to our final stop in Uruguay (yes, I forgot there was one more!), just 87 miles east of Montevideo.
[i Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 6, 2017
- March 5 - MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY2nd visit
Weren't we just here, you ask? Yes, yes we were. However, guests who just joined us in Buenos Aires had not. It was a quiet Sunday morning -
Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 5, 2017
- March 2 - MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY1st visit
Beautiful Montevideo! We are glad to be back!
Everyone Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 2, 2017
- Day 8 - Montevideo, UruguayWe arrived in Montevideo, Uruguay this morning.
We picked up a free map and set off to explore. The old town right by the Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 26, 2017
- Chapter 8 - Meat, History, and Carnaval!“Four and half cows” said Valentin to Nikki at the start of the walking tour around Montevideo.
“For each of the 3.4 million people in Uruguay, there are four and a half cows. And one and a half sheep. Posted by capetocape2017 in Cape to Cape 2017. By Land. Mostly | Feb 24, 2017
- UruguayToday was so much better, flat seas, warm, a little muggy and to be on the safe side I booked another shipping company (Seacat Colonia) with bigger boats. Sticking to the original plan I headed to the early colonial town Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 22, 2017
- Punta del EsteTaking the bus is incredibly easy in Uruguay. It's so quiet, buses are so frequent and everything is so close that I just show up at the bus station, say where I'm going and hop on the next bus. It Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Feb 12, 2017
- MontevideoUnfortunately I thought sleeping on the bus on the ride to Montevideo would really help the hangover. It only did so moderately. I still wasn't feeling too hot once I arrived. So I decided taxi was just the way to Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Dec 4, 2016
- Back to Buenos Aires and on to Colonia de Sacramento My return day to Buenos Aires wasn't an overly exciting one! After a plane ride which was unfortunately delayed and had me walking around the airport fighting to stay awake, I slept the whole ride. I took a shuttle partway Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Dec 4, 2016
- Beachin' it in Punta del EsteI capped off my short stint in Uruguay by checking out the beaches near Punta del Este! This small peninsula town is often described as the Miami of Uruguay.. Ritzy, busy, touristy. I was lucky enough to be there during Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 25, 2016
- Montevideo is a capital city!Only two and a half days in the wonderful city of Montevideo was long enough for me to fall in love! Looking for an opportunity to relax at the end of my time in South America, I had definitely found Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 25, 2016
- Uruguay --> Colonia del Sacramento After routing through Buenos Aires, I took a ferry to enter country #6.. Uruguay. And Colonia del Sacramento, or just Colonia, was the perfect place to start.. Adorable, old, colonial city. I spent the first day walking all around the Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 24, 2016
- uruguay [center][/center]
I can't say I reallllly enjoyed my time here... I found it dirty, unimpressive, and not cheap. But it was the first stop on my solo adventure so I was mos Posted by scampyyy in south america | Oct 31, 2014
It was a pleasant two and half hour bus ride from Colonia to Montevideo, through a flat and rather mundane landscape of small farms and pasture land. Traffic was spars Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Viva Colonia
The next morning we had a ferry to catch across the River Plate to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. The trip only takes about an hour and half and is a popular day trip Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 22, 2016
- Three days in UruguayThree days in Uruguay.
Got up early the next day and headed to the ferry terminal by a local bus that took me close to the terminal. Check-in was really easy and the whole immigration process was done in a few Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 15, 2016
- "Ferry,cross the..... Plate"On Boxing Day we all decided to get the ferry across the River Plate to Colonia in Uruguay .
No one spoke much English at the ferry terminal and the place was mobbed Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 27, 2015
On Monday morning we caught a morning bus from Colonia to the Uruguayan capital. Unfortunately we only had a couple of days, so we were keen to get stuck in. We made the most of the gorgeous weather and walked Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Dec 2, 2015
- Uruguay-ing to love itSam
Friday was wet and miserable, but luckily we didn't have much to do, other than pop across the Rio de la Plata to Uruguay. It should have only taken an hour, but with immigration procedures and a long delay, by Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Nov 29, 2015
- Montevideo, Uruguay After leaving the astonishing country of Chile, I am now ready visit Montevideo the Capital of Uruguay. The airport is busy yet nice looking, once I leave the airport I intend to go to the Alma Historica Boutique Hotel which Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- Montevideo Uruguay[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747048/4D72F030D94E3179D9DFE9368FA18ED7.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747048/thumb_4D72F030D94E3179D9DFE9368FA18ED7.jpg Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 14, 2015
- Punta del Este - Balneário dos endinheiradosPunta é um balneário de praias geladas para pessoas muito ricas.
Nós fomos em novembro, que é vazio. Soubemos pelos locais que no alto verão e no Carnaval é impossível de se locomover, estacionar, ou até mesmo achar um restaurante.
Fomos a Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | May 3, 2015