- Montevideoblah Posted by chriscogan in Meander Man | Feb 24, 2014
- A brief visit to UruguayWe headed over to Uruguay from Buenos Aires on the boat after our breakfast at the Alvear Palace. We arrived in the town of Colonia del Sacramento, one of the oldest towns in Uruguay and a World heritage site. We Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 12, 2014
- 2012 A3 STAR PRINCESS - MONTEVIDEO==URUGUAY. Admit it now==
===You really don't know much about Uruguay, do you?===
===It's a fact. Only Italy, Germany & Brazil have won the WOLD CUP more times than Uruguay !!!!===
===One less than England, France, Spain, & the Netherlands Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2013
- 29. Gun: Fakir ve gururlu Uruguay! Ama...Ilk gunden beri Uruguay bize acaba ben burada yasabilir miyim dedirtti. Ulkenin at ve et yetistiriciligine dayanan ekonomisi, suyun ve benzinin cok ucuz olmasi. Egitimin ve sagligin hala ucretsiz ve yuksek standartta olmasi. Ulkenin baskentinde yasayip is Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 24, 2013
- 26-28 gunler: Uruguay'da 2013'un son plaj keyfiBuenos Aires'den bir deniz tasitiyla Urugay'a gecebilme fikri bizi bastan mestetmisti. Ulasim fiyatlari cok yuksek olmasina karsin Cumartesi (14 Aralik) sabahi icin biletimizi alip Sali gunu donmek uzere uc gunluk ce-eee turumuza (long weekend) basladik. Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 22, 2013
- Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay (for most of the day)Today was an early day (6:00 a.m.) because we had to get to the ferry boat before 8, and we didn't want the long story (that we didn't tell you earlier) to get any longer!
The ferry terminal is only three Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica: End of the Earth Tour, 2007 | Nov 7, 2013
- Colonia, UruguayWednesday 16th October
We arrived in Colonia at about 6pm after a 3 hour bus ride from Montevideo. We arrived at our hostel to find it was swarming with teenagers. It turned out all but a couple of the rooms Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 23, 2013
- Montevideo, UruguayMonday 14th October
We caught a night flight to Montevideo from Rio, connecting in Buenos Aires. On checking in at Rio, we were informed we would have to go through passport control in Argentina and collect the bags before checking Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 18, 2013
- My Uruguayan affairYou can find the historic town of Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay’s southwest. It’s just an hour by ferry from Buenos Aires, making it an ideal day trip. So, keen to escape the hubbub of Buenos Aires and score another Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Aug 14, 2013
- Montevideo, Uruguay (5th - 8th May)We took the ferry from Buenos Aires over to Colonia in Uruguay, then a bus from Colonia to Montevideo and another bus to Pocitos (the area of Montevideo we were staying in). We stayed at Pocitos Hostel, which was a Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | May 11, 2013
- Uruguay in a flash
While Uruguay was never on my must-do list, I had 2 days spare before I needed to meet my friends in Brazil, and so decided to breeze through one more country, instead of milling about Posted by jessho in Tour de America del Sur | Mar 30, 2013
- UruguaySome photos from two weeks in Uruguay are [[https://picasaweb.google.com/106023592000205358830/Uruguay?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMHW0ZTujcC2cw&feat=directlink|here]]!
[[https://picasaweb.google.com/106023592000205358830/Uruguay?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sR Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Mar 21, 2013
During our stay in Buenos Aires Emma and I decided to take a day trip to Uruguay. Why not?! It takes an hour and a half to get to a place called Colonia del Sacramento. We had to leave pret Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Mar 8, 2013
- MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY 2nd visit
Surprise! We are sailing back into Montevideo after a day at sea, actually just off the coast.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/89732E982219AC6817EC13 Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 1, 2013
- MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY
We are in one of the smallest countries in South America, but it is a country with one of the most stable economies in South America.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Feb 25, 2013
- UruguayWe came.
We lay on the beach.
I got sunburned.
(And by now I have fully healed :)
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Feb 14, 2013
- Dollars vs. PesosImagine landing in Uruguay and going out for your first meal; $170 salad, $115 burrito and a $80 ice cream dessert... can you say sticker shock?!
Little did we know that the Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 13, 2013
- Colonia del Sacramento, UruguayUruguay is not as famous as Argentina for its wine, but it does produce yummy wine and grappa. We found a local winery called Bodega Bernardi just 12 km outside of town and rented some bikes to get out there Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 12, 2013
- Mate in, UruguayThe legal Marijuana market is nowhere near as big as the other green market in Uruguay. . . Mate! However, at the rate that people here drink mate, we are beginning to wonder if Caa Yari (goddess of Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 10, 2013
- UruguayJust across the river from Buenos Aires and 1 hour by boat, you have Uruguay. I’m told it’s not a spectacular country, but when so close it would be stupid not to make a stop. It’s also my gateway to Posted by tombroekaert in Tom in South-America | Feb 9, 2013
- Montevideo, UruguayMontevideo claims to be the longest running carnival festival in the world, running 6 weeks of theater shows and parades of which some don’t come on stage until after 2am!
Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 8, 2013
- Colonia to Montevideo Saturday 26th January - We awoke early this morning to the sound of parrots. There were these lovely green parrots eating the figs.
We went up to breakfast and there was a lovely surprise await Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 28, 2013
- Colonia del SacramentoThis morning we were up at 6am to go to the port to catch the Buquebus catamaran ferry across to Uruguay. We arrived at the ferry terminal nice and early to avoid the rush. This was particularly useful seeing we Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 25, 2013
- MontevideoApparently I didn’t book tickets for the connection to Montevideo – only Colonia. After a few (a lot) moments’ panic, we found ourselves in another bus terminal waiting for a bus to Montevideo. It wasn’t expensive, but I was really Posted by alexis.johnson in Trippin' | Dec 22, 2012
- Yvytu Itaty
Overnight Stays: Tacuarembo (3 nights)
DW - We didn't know what to expect at the Border Crossing between Santana do Livramento (Brazil) and Rivera (Uruguay) but it most certainly wasn't not Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Dec 4, 2012