It was a pleasant two and half hour bus ride from Colonia to Montevideo, through a flat and rather mundane landscape of small farms and pasture land. Traffic was spars Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Viva Colonia
The next morning we had a ferry to catch across the River Plate to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. The trip only takes about an hour and half and is a popular day trip Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 22, 2016
- Three days in UruguayThree days in Uruguay.
Got up early the next day and headed to the ferry terminal by a local bus that took me close to the terminal. Check-in was really easy and the whole immigration process was done in a few Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 15, 2016
- "Ferry,cross the..... Plate"On Boxing Day we all decided to get the ferry across the River Plate to Colonia in Uruguay .
No one spoke much English at the ferry terminal and the place was mobbed Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 27, 2015
On Monday morning we caught a morning bus from Colonia to the Uruguayan capital. Unfortunately we only had a couple of days, so we were keen to get stuck in. We made the most of the gorgeous weather and walked Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 2, 2015
- Uruguay-ing to love itSam
Friday was wet and miserable, but luckily we didn't have much to do, other than pop across the Rio de la Plata to Uruguay. It should have only taken an hour, but with immigration procedures and a long delay, by Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 29, 2015
- Montevideo, Uruguay After leaving the astonishing country of Chile, I am now ready visit Montevideo the Capital of Uruguay. The airport is busy yet nice looking, once I leave the airport I intend to go to the Alma Historica Boutique Hotel which Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- Montevideo Uruguay[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747048/4D72F030D94E3179D9DFE9368FA18ED7.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747048/thumb_4D72F030D94E3179D9DFE9368FA18ED7.jpg Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 14, 2015
- Punta del Este - Balneário dos endinheiradosPunta é um balneário de praias geladas para pessoas muito ricas.
Nós fomos em novembro, que é vazio. Soubemos pelos locais que no alto verão e no Carnaval é impossível de se locomover, estacionar, ou até mesmo achar um restaurante.
Fomos a Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | May 3, 2015
- Colonia de Sacramento - UruguaiColonia de Sacramento é uma vila muito interessante. Foi uma colônia Portuguesa dentro da dominação Espanhola.
Inclusive, lendo a história desta cidade, descobri que ela pertenceu inclusive ao Brasil.
Colonia ainda conserva a arquitetura, chão e tudo ma Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | May 3, 2015
- April 12 -MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY
We crossed the Atlantic in seven days, some of which were rockin' and rollin', weather that the Crystal Serenity handles beautifully!
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 15, 2015
- UruguayGot to Colonia quite late so only had a few hours to look around and grab something for lunch but had time for an amazing ice cream! [img Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 10, 2015
- A DAY IN URUGUAYOur day started with an early rise in order to catch our 8:15 ferry to the town of Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. It wouldn’t have been bad except we were exhausted last night and I stayed up blogging. In Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Mar 30, 2015
- Montevideo, UruguayWith the time being adjusted for daylight saving, this morning's sunrise was relatively late at about 0730. The sun rose into a cloudless sky and the event was brief and not very spectacular. We had a simple breakfast Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 22, 2015
- UruguayTowards the end of my stay in Argentina, I get my passport back from the embassy and immediately buy my ticket to Uruguay for later in the day. I head to the ferry docks and meet a bunch of Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 17, 2013
- Montevideo em 3.5 dias - Montevideo in 3.5 daysUruguai é um país muito interessante. No final de quase 4 dias a sensação é que você está no Brasil que fala espanhol.
No primeiro dia apenas descansamos e passeamos pela Rambla de Pocitos. Almoçamos no shopping Punta Carretas - o Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Nov 26, 2014
- Christmas and New Years in UruguayThis was my third trip to Uruguay in 2011, and this time I used the trip mostly as a writing retreat, working on manuscripts for my second and third installment of the Jonathan Brooks spy thriller series.
Here are some pics Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Feb 1, 2012
- Uruguay!We had just arrived in Uruguay when I last wrote and I had no idea what was ahead of us. What an amazing country! Yuri and I fell in love with this place - hard!
Pocitos (where we Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Jun 4, 2014
- Direction l'UruguayDeux jours plus tard, partis vers midi de l’hostel, en taxi jusqu'à la gare routière de Fos de Iguaçu (au Brésil, donc), nous prenons de la un bus direction Florianopolis ou nous arrivons le lendemain juste a temps pour Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014
- Uruguay I spent a lovely sunny day in Colonia, Uruguay. Its just an hour long boat ride from Buenos Aires and well worth a visit for a complete contrast to the hustle bustle of the city.
Colonial is full of old Posted by karenspark in South America Tour | Apr 22, 2014
- California Dreamin'During our adventure through Buenos Aires, Ashley and I made a small day trip across the river to Uruguay. We mostly made this trip, I think, to add another stamp to our passports. But, as if it were Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Apr 15, 2014
- Montevideoblah Posted by chriscogan in Meander Man | Feb 24, 2014
- A brief visit to UruguayWe headed over to Uruguay from Buenos Aires on the boat after our breakfast at the Alvear Palace. We arrived in the town of Colonia del Sacramento, one of the oldest towns in Uruguay and a World heritage site. We Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 12, 2014
- 29. Gun: Fakir ve gururlu Uruguay! Ama...Ilk gunden beri Uruguay bize acaba ben burada yasabilir miyim dedirtti. Ulkenin at ve et yetistiriciligine dayanan ekonomisi, suyun ve benzinin cok ucuz olmasi. Egitimin ve sagligin hala ucretsiz ve yuksek standartta olmasi. Ulkenin baskentinde yasayip is Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 24, 2013
- 26-28 gunler: Uruguay'da 2013'un son plaj keyfiBuenos Aires'den bir deniz tasitiyla Urugay'a gecebilme fikri bizi bastan mestetmisti. Ulasim fiyatlari cok yuksek olmasina karsin Cumartesi (14 Aralik) sabahi icin biletimizi alip Sali gunu donmek uzere uc gunluk ce-eee turumuza (long weekend) basladik. Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 22, 2013