- Montevideo, Uruguay (5th - 8th May)We took the ferry from Buenos Aires over to Colonia in Uruguay, then a bus from Colonia to Montevideo and another bus to Pocitos (the area of Montevideo we were staying in). We stayed at Pocitos Hostel, which was a Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | May 11, 2013
- Uruguay in a flash
While Uruguay was never on my must-do list, I had 2 days spare before I needed to meet my friends in Brazil, and so decided to breeze through one more country, instead of milling about Posted by jessho in Tour de America del Sur | Mar 30, 2013
- UruguaySome photos from two weeks in Uruguay are [[https://picasaweb.google.com/106023592000205358830/Uruguay?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMHW0ZTujcC2cw&feat=directlink|here]]!
[[https://picasaweb.google.com/106023592000205358830/Uruguay?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sR Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Mar 21, 2013
During our stay in Buenos Aires Emma and I decided to take a day trip to Uruguay. Why not?! It takes an hour and a half to get to a place called Colonia del Sacramento. We had to leave pret Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Mar 8, 2013
- MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY 2nd visit
Surprise! We are sailing back into Montevideo after a day at sea, actually just off the coast.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/89732E982219AC6817EC13 Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 1, 2013
- MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY
We are in one of the smallest countries in South America, but it is a country with one of the most stable economies in South America.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Feb 25, 2013
- UruguayWe came.
We lay on the beach.
I got sunburned.
(And by now I have fully healed :)
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Feb 14, 2013
- Dollars vs. PesosImagine landing in Uruguay and going out for your first meal; $170 salad, $115 burrito and a $80 ice cream dessert... can you say sticker shock?!
Little did we know that the Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 13, 2013
- Colonia del Sacramento, UruguayUruguay is not as famous as Argentina for its wine, but it does produce yummy wine and grappa. We found a local winery called Bodega Bernardi just 12 km outside of town and rented some bikes to get out there Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 12, 2013
- Mate in, UruguayThe legal Marijuana market is nowhere near as big as the other green market in Uruguay. . . Mate! However, at the rate that people here drink mate, we are beginning to wonder if Caa Yari (goddess of Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 10, 2013
- UruguayJust across the river from Buenos Aires and 1 hour by boat, you have Uruguay. I’m told it’s not a spectacular country, but when so close it would be stupid not to make a stop. It’s also my gateway to Posted by tombroekaert in Tom in South-America | Feb 9, 2013
- Montevideo, UruguayMontevideo claims to be the longest running carnival festival in the world, running 6 weeks of theater shows and parades of which some don’t come on stage until after 2am!
Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 8, 2013
- Colonia to Montevideo Saturday 26th January - We awoke early this morning to the sound of parrots. There were these lovely green parrots eating the figs.
We went up to breakfast and there was a lovely surprise await Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 28, 2013
- Colonia del SacramentoThis morning we were up at 6am to go to the port to catch the Buquebus catamaran ferry across to Uruguay. We arrived at the ferry terminal nice and early to avoid the rush. This was particularly useful seeing we Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 25, 2013
- MontevideoApparently I didn’t book tickets for the connection to Montevideo – only Colonia. After a few (a lot) moments’ panic, we found ourselves in another bus terminal waiting for a bus to Montevideo. It wasn’t expensive, but I was really Posted by alexis.johnson in Trippin' | Dec 22, 2012
- Yvytu Itaty
Overnight Stays: Tacuarembo (3 nights)
DW - We didn't know what to expect at the Border Crossing between Santana do Livramento (Brazil) and Rivera (Uruguay) but it most certainly wasn't not Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Dec 4, 2012
- URU Photos[img=http://photos. Posted by JNO-RTW in JNO ROUND THE WORLD | Nov 19, 2012
- UruguayArriving in Colonia with the Buquebus and then with a rental car to...
Montevideo – walking in the city you´ll come across places, squares and streets where you can breath European airs a bit of London a bit of Paris. While Posted by JNO-RTW in JNO ROUND THE WORLD | Nov 15, 2012
- Somewhat Underwhelming UruguayWe decided to go to Uruguay as a means of seeing someplace new and different while we were killing time waiting for the results of my biopsy, and although we had a few interesting/charming experiences, "killing time" is pretty Posted by Karenlee in Footloose and Fancy Free | Oct 11, 2012
- UruguayPhoto Album
The pataia is a farm in Pu Posted by projectjunior4 in Travelling with Junior 4 | Oct 10, 2012
Posted by sofimau in Project | Sep 13, 2012
- Colonia del Sacramento
You would have heard of Uruguay...that country we knocked out of qualifying for the World Cup. Remember Aloisi?
Anyway i couldnt leave South America without donning my Socceroos top and seeing if the people of Uruguay had long memories Posted by chuddfi in And we are off... | Aug 28, 2012
- Sweet Uruguayan Beef
'One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller'
You don’t see many canines stuck together.
Dogs and cats live peacefully. No visi Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Aug 9, 2012
- Reparto de la Cultura Tejana
'Like most passionate nations, Texas has its own history based on, but not limited by, facts - John Steinbeck'
El último día en el departamento de Lavalleja con Julio, visité Solís donde los alumnos acudieron a una asamblea en el sa Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Aug 3, 2012
- Comida Uruguaya
Documento fotográfico de las comidas que he probado durante mi tiempo acá en Uruguay.
¿Se te haga agua la boca?
[b][quote]L Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Aug 1, 2012