- Why I went to Vanatu[center][/center]
One wet, boring Sunday afternoon, when I was about 10 years old, as I was idly flicking through a Sunday newspaper colour supplement, I came across some photos that made me perk Posted by sue deegan in Life after Pam | Jul 30, 2015
- Cruisin' for a Bruisin'Euphoria is in the air. The faint smell of Red Door and sunscreen lingers. “Nan is that you?”
It was a sunny Queensland day. I am standing on the ship’s deck, music is playing, people are excitedly milling about and Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 12, 2015
- Cyclone Pam We’ve had a few emails from family and friends checking that we’re OK following the news that Cyclone Pam has completely devastated Vanuatu. This is just a quick note to confirm that thankfully we left Port Vila 2 days Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Mar 15, 2015
- BOOM!Vanuatu is famous for many things, most notably being home to the ‘happiest people on the planet’. If that isn’t reason enough to want to visit, it’s also home to one of the most active volcanoes in the World Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Mar 10, 2015
- Day 12 - VanuatuI am woken up around 7.30 by the bed shuddering, the ship is docking. I don't see what people saw in vibrating beds, it really did nothing for me. Maybe the vibrating needs to be constant and not in bursts, Posted by Christinesolo in South Pacific | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 11 - At sea heading toward Vanuatu
Leisurely morning, can see land so we must be passing islands. Today there is an Art Auction and I have decided I want to see how they operate. I arrived way too early so I have a good look through Posted by Christinesolo in South Pacific | Sep 24, 2014
- Le Yasur en action...
[vi Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 12, 2014
- L'explosif volcan Yasur sur l'île de Tanna au VanuatuAprès 24 heures de vol et 3 heures de tape-culs sur les routes de l’ile de Tanna, nous voici au pied du volcan... Tristesse : nuages et pluie sont au rendez-vous, le moral des troupes est au plus bas car Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 12, 2014
- Port Vila - VanuatuThe sea is calm, the wind mere zephyrs and clouds stretch from horizon to horizon. There is no visible sunrise and even difficult to locate where the Eastern horizon is located. After breakfast we read our Kindles for Posted by greynomadm in 2014-01 Islands | Jan 30, 2014
- Fall in Love with Vanuatu (http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/stream/photoID/1862719/features/countries/Vanuatu/)
Photo by [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/users/bsmethers/|bsmethers]].
Bursting with Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | May 5, 2013
- Espiritu Santo, VanuatuWe left Tanna Lodge late afternoon and arrived in Port Vila early evening after a 40 minute flight. We stayed just a short drive from the town in a cute place called Vila Chaumieres. Our room was a Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | May 3, 2013
- The magnificent Mt YasurWe arrived at Port Vila International airport and had to make the short walk to the domestic terminal. We followed signs for the luggage drop off. This led us to a deserted and dimly lit area with nobody Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Apr 24, 2013
- Port VilaApós fazer a imigração, embarquei no avião da Air Pacific no horário previsto (aprenda LAN) rumo à Port Vila, capital de Vanuatu. O avião estava bem vazio, de fato o vôo mais vazio que já tomei, acredito que no Brasil Posted by parejo in Turisteando | Dec 4, 2012
I'm only going to do Vanuatu as one post as we spent far too long talking about Fiji and are now VERY far behind on the whole blog front.
We stayed 6 nights in Vanuatu:
- 1 in Port Vila
- 2 at Posted by lwright11 in Louie and Charlie's Travels | Jun 4, 2012
- Vanuatu: Time to Say GoodbyeWell, the time has finally come to end this wonderful holiday. A new job and new adventures await in San Francisco. After a few weeks in flip-flops, I hope I can remember how to wear shoes.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/473427/Hideaway3-2. Posted by TravelWithTom in Travellin' With Tom | Apr 27, 2012
- Vanuatu: Hideaway Island ResortSince I will be starting a new job shortly after we return to the US, we decided to spend our last few days in Vanuatu at a beach resort. We chose a place called Hideaway Island Resort. It Posted by TravelWithTom in Travellin' With Tom | Apr 25, 2012
- Vanuatu: Makekula Part TwoAfter a full day touring around the island, we decided to spend our last day in Malekula relaxing and exploring the local village.
It was easy to relax at Rona's bungalows and we found Posted by TravelWithTom in Travellin' With Tom | Apr 25, 2012
- Vanuatu: MalekulaWell, we have been a bit off the grid for the last few days, so I will be covering our last four days in this post. We decided to get away from the tourists for a while, so we Posted by TravelWithTom in Travellin' With Tom | Apr 24, 2012
- Vanuatu: Touring the East Coast of Espiritu SantoToday we hooked up with Alfred, one of the guys from Alan Power Diving, for a tour of the east side of the island. In a bit of dive humor, Alfred calls his company Residual Nitrogen Touring. Residual Posted by TravelWithTom in Travellin' With Tom | Apr 23, 2012
- Vanuatu: Diving on the USS CoolidgeToday we did two amazing dives on the USS Coolidge. We went out with Alan Powers who has been diving on the Coolidge since 1969. As Alan puts it,"the only reason people come to Santo is to see Posted by TravelWithTom in Travellin' With Tom | Apr 19, 2012
- VanuatuToday we travelled to Vanuatu. After chilly autumn in New Zealand, stepping off the plane into the warm tropical air of Vanuatu was quite pleasant.
Our first stop in Vanuatu is the island o Posted by TravelWithTom in Travellin' With Tom | Apr 18, 2012
- Vanuatu wrap upThis is a lowdown on our experiences and info for any one looking to travel to Vanuatu.
Prior to going over we could not get firm confirmation on what plugs Vanuatu used, I can say from our hotel and every point Posted by Wade85 in Wade's Travels | Apr 7, 2012
- Day 6Well what a day - went to hideaway island - binned our cheap crappy snorkels and hired from the island. Frankie was the true star today - first time snorkeling in the coral and although he can't float without his Posted by Wade85 in Wade's Travels | Apr 3, 2012
- Day 5Turns out the wind this morning was from
Fiji's Tropical Cyclone Delphine.. We has some residual showers and winds that kept us from snorkeling today. Fortuitous timing due to spending 3 hours catching up with old friends this morning
Dinner - best Posted by Wade85 in Wade's Travels | Apr 2, 2012
- Day 3Shopped around Port Vila looking at scooters to rent for a few days.
Afternoon was our friends wedding on Erokor island which is a resort only a few mins across a short shallow inlet by boat from Port Vila. Posted by Wade85 in Wade's Travels | Apr 1, 2012