- Venezuela - Part OneSee all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/Venezuela%20-%20Dec%202014/story|here]]. Password is the same as for the blog.)
Our first adventure in Venezuela was getting hold of some local currency. Back in 2008 Chavez's Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 25, 2015
- MeridaWe arrived in Merida, a pretty little city in the mountains (1600m), to be pleasantly surprised of how pretty it was. We stayed there for a night and went on the next day to take part in a tour going Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Dec 25, 2013
- Isla MargaritaOff we went to the island of Margarita, the tourist destination number one for Venezuelans. We stayed in el Yaque, a little beach resort with mostly hotels, shops and restaurants. Actually we came to the island to do some Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Dec 13, 2013
- Orinoco DeltaOrinoco Delta Lodge
We arrived at the lodge by speedboat, the lodge has about 8 of them, along with a group of tourists. We have our own little cabin with a private bathroom, located near a little stream and the Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Nov 6, 2013
- Return trip Colombia - Venezuela - ColombiaWe walk down to the Pamplona terminal and find transport in a comfy private people carrier that departs at 8:20am as the light rain falls. The road winds down the gorge and in an hour and a half we reach Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Aug 6, 2013
- trip to Venezula
For many year's I think about different country and how life would be for me out of my country in a next country but after visiting these country i know. After living and Posted by dana2004 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 17, 2013
- CANAIMA NATIONAL PARK, VENEZUELAOn our last day in Venezuela we flew from Margarita Island to Canaima National Park on the mainland. We took a 40-seater twin propeller plane. The flight itself was incredibly scenic! We got to see the islands/beaches, Andes Mountains, Amazon Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Mar 27, 2013
- ISLA CUBAGUA, VENEZUELAWe booked a catamaran tour through Nolitours at our resort, to Isla Cubagua. We were picked up by a bus and taken 40min to Punta Piedra where we boarded a catamaran. It was approximately an hour ride. Along the way Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Mar 21, 2013
- MARGARITA ISLAND, VENEZUELAOnce again my best friend Jo & I set off on an adventure ... this time to Venezuela! We flew from Saskatoon to Toronto where we had a 16hr layover in Toronto ... but we were prepared to spend the Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Mar 20, 2013
- MargaritaSituated off the north coast of Venezuela, Margarita benefits in theory from the rich Venezuelan oil but alongside the motorway from the port we saw a poor standard of living, scrubland and cactus
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/444179/FB8E8DDA2 Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Dec 12, 2012
- General Info
Government Type- Democracy
Population- 26,023,528 (est. July 2007)
Language- Spanish but there are over 30 other Indian languages
Ethnic Groups- Spanish, Italian, Po Posted by Mockingjay18 in Venezuela | May 8, 2012
- Venezuela Caracas is located in the northern part of the country, following the contours of the narrow Caracas Valley on the Venezuelan coastal mountain range. Caracas is an excellent city, with a great nightlife. If you go out partying you could Posted by Kevintavares in My Dream Trip Around The World | Apr 15, 2012
- Caracas Hustle¡Hola!
In our 25 or so blogs, I (Jason) have written...1. I have to give Anne Credit, she's putting in all the work. But our time spent in Santa Elena, Venezuela was interrupted because of problems I had getting a visa Posted by CanWay in CanWay | Mar 24, 2012
- Isla MargaritaHello!!
After having spent a few days at the beach in Puerto Colombia we needed to get moving again. After considering numerous options, we decided to go to Isla Margarita, an island off the coast of Venezuela. Isla Margarita has been Posted by CanWay in CanWay | Mar 19, 2012
- Puerto ColombiaHola!
After a couple of days packed full of activities and early mornings, we were ready for some relaxation at the beach :) (I know, tough life .Good luck in the real world.)
From Barinas and Los Llanos, we got on a Posted by CanWay in CanWay | Mar 16, 2012
- Anaconda Hunting and Piranha Fishing in Los LlanosHola!
After spending a few days in the Andean city of Merida we hopped in a 4x4 and made our way over the mountains down to the plains of Venezuela, Los Llanos. Here we had signed up for a 3 three Posted by CanWay in CanWay | Mar 12, 2012
- The Long Road to VenezuelaHola!
After spending a couple of days in the beautiful national park of Tayrona we were getting ready to leave Colombia for Venezuela. After travelling on a bus for two hours we ended up at the border. Here we wanted to Posted by CanWay in CanWay | Mar 6, 2012
- ... And we're offOh my God - Oh my God - Oh my God!!! LOOK!! It's here!!
After a year of stress and uncertainty for David due to his company being sold not once but twice; and my new job which turned out to Posted by Rattrays in Los Roques, take dos (2) | Jan 27, 2012
- Bloomin Mosquitos!Hi All,
We had a great time relaxing in Choroni with Brian and a lovely couple from Slovenia. We mainly stayed up drinking rum and loosing things in translation but it was fun. Choroni is a very secluded sea side Posted by lewyandkerri in Beach Ahoy! | Dec 1, 2011
- Crazy and Colourful!Hola camareros!
Its all been a bit of a whirl wind since landing at Caracas Airport. As soon as we touched down in the airport Lewy was hollard off by a man for some money exchange i was left telling the Posted by lewyandkerri in Beach Ahoy! | Nov 25, 2011
- Two gallons go a long wayAverage age of a police officer in Colombia - 16
Number of arepas (fried corn cakes) consumed - 35
No. of passport checkpoints crossing from Colombia to Venezuela - 9
Price of petrol in Venezuela - 8 pence per litre
No. of murders per Posted by millfred in World Wide Wander | Nov 3, 2011
- Viva la vida Los Roques
After 19 hours between airports and airplanes and 2 ½ hours of sleep, we finally arrived at Los Roques and are now sporting with style a “I survived the Caracas to Los Roques flight!!” Okay.. Posted by Rattrays in DNA'S ADVENTURES IN LOS ROQUES | Feb 19, 2011
- LOS ROQUES BOUND
It’s finally that time of the year … Time to pack snorkels, order foreign currency and get the passports ready for our annual February adventure. This year, because of uncertain future work Posted by Rattrays in DNA'S ADVENTURES IN LOS ROQUES | Feb 15, 2011
- Trip to VenezuelaI was on vacation in South America, I wanted to visit other places I didn't know where else to go. So I made up my mind to go to Venezuela I was always visiting chile so I was going to Posted by krysta c in Traveling the world | Dec 16, 2010
- First ImpressionsLooking out the window of the airplane, my first impression of Venezuela is one of stunning, rugged, green mountains cascading into gorgeous, indigo water, stretching as far as the eye can see. Welcome to the Caribbean!
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by tgever in Tanya´s Travels | Oct 2, 2010