- Halong Bay & Sapa==Halong Bay==
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We really wish we had a wonderful romantic story to tell you regarding our valentines day however ours ended up being a Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- Hanoi - The Good, The Bad & The ExhaustTo all of you who know us well, you were well aware of our plans of visiting Australia and New Zealand this winter. However, as plans tend to do in life, they change. We ended up buying Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- Day 15-17-Halong Bay CruiseDay 1-
8am pickup for 2hr drive to Halong Bay for our 2night cruise in a pretty luxurious Mercedes van. Got to the harbour to see hundreds of boats of all sizes & comfort. We're on Bhaya Classic 4 with total Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 21, 2017
- Botanical Garden but No BonsaiI had read on the internet about a street, Hoang Hoa Tham Street, which was supposed to have a lot of bonsai shops and garden stores. It wasn't too far away so we walked over there and walked along the Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 19, 2017
- More Exploring Hanoi on FootAfter breakfast at our hotel, we started the day by taking some laundry out to be done. We found a travel office that offered laundry service (only 12,000 dong per kilo) and arranged to pick it up tomorrow. They had Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 14- French Quarter HanoiToday we explored more of the city, starting with another electric car drive through the French quarter. This area is the more upmarket area with expensive stores & restaurants & beautiful European style buildings.
Friday's, Saturday's & Sundays, the are Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 13-Tour DayToday we ventured on another organised tour, this time south of Hanoi to visit another temple followed by a paddle up and down a river
Our tour guide introduced himself as Kimmi, as in Kimmi Rikkonen the Race car driver funny Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 12-Hanoi first full dayToday was a walking tour day, tour guides Craig and Paul took us for a walk to several of Hanoi's landmarks.
First to West Lake to see a pagoda, on the way we had to stop for Nin to have a Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Return to Hanoi with a ChangeDon went out for a walk early this morning while I was blogging. He found some women practicing their fan dance in the park along the waterfront. He also got some nice shots of the harbour in the morning.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/450549/DSC Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 17, 2017
- Finished the Most Strenuous Hike of My Life!We were picked up by a bus after breakfast that drove up to the national park here on Cat Ba Island. We had a group of 10 people and a guide for the "1 Day Trekking Experience". As soon as Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 16, 2017
- Day 11-Hoi An-HanoiSad to be leaving beautiful Hoi An, a magic place, great accommodation choice!
Short flight to Hanoi, with first impression of smog laden air!
Large, white Rolls Royce with gold wheels & petrol cap waiting out the front. A lot of bother Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 15, 2017
- Cat Ba Boat ExcursionOur tour started with being picked up around 7:45 or so. After filling the van with passengers from other hotels, we drove to the dock. After another short wait we boarded our boat for the day, the Red Coral. After Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 15, 2017
- Our last week in Danang...short blog!It was wonderful to be in Kon Tum and our hotel was great, but it it felt like coming "home" when we arrived back in Danang. Weird...maybe, but we suddenly realized we could have almost whatever we wanted to eat....pizza, Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Dong Hoi to Hanoi to Cat BaWe caught the 9:00 am train to Hanoi without any difficulty. The train wasn't very full as we left Dong Hoi, but as we got closer and closer to Hanoi it filled up. We had better seats for this trip Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Day 10-Last day in Hoi An* Woke up to Rain.
* Went separate ways- some shopped, others did wonderful heritage walk, visiting historic buildings in town centre.
Old Japanese Bridge
[img=ht Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Day 9 Team PenguinToday was tour day, we were picked up from our hotel and was greeted by a very enthusiastic tour guide My (pronounced as Me), after further pickups of we went to our first stop for the day Marble Mt. Here Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Day 8-Bike TourThis morning we all went our separate ways. Lyn & Bill, Paul & Kath went to organise some tailoring of clothes. Jean & Craig walked further out from the centre of town, exploring.
After lunch, Paul, Craig & Jean took Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 12, 2017
- Dong HoiYesterday morning we got up hoping to go to the Botanical Garden again, to walk some of the trails there. But it was raining again and we were told that most of the trails there are just dirt and so Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 12, 2017
- Day 6 Cu Chi tunnels* Left early for Cu Chi Tunnel Tour minus Kath & Lyn
* Visited Art 'factory' where victims of agent orange create beautiful art pieces-a highlight
Jean & Bill purchased a piece each
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/514448/90_BA126D8E0AE97313 Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 11, 2017
- Paradise CaveWe arranged a tour thru our homestay to visit the Botanical Garden and Paradise Cave. We were picked up in a mini-van, along with 7 young men from the hostel across the street. When we arrived at the Botanical Garden Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 10, 2017
- Phong Nha CaveWe were picked up this morning by a taxi, although he didn't know where to take us and spoke no English. So after a couple of phone calls to the travel agent who arranged our bus ride, we got dropped Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 9, 2017
- Day 4-HCMC
Pushy, pushy day starts at airport leaving Cambodia. The complaining yank 'If the staff at the airport don't understand, why are they working there?'
Had to remind elder members of family not to undo safety belts while plane still taxiing Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 8, 2017
- Visiting the Thien Mu PagodaI thought I would show you a few pictures of the place we are staying here in Hue. It is a private home, where we have a bedroom and a bathroom on the second floor. There are 25 steps up Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 8, 2017
- Kon Tum in depthI have decided to publish this experience in a separate post as it deserves it...and it will have lots of pictures!
Our tour of a few of the ethnic villages started with Huynh (from Highland Eco Tours) and his trainee Nhi Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Feb 7, 2017
- Central Highlands...here we come...All the taxis have had Vietnamese flags flapping on them recently, for Tet we assume...found this lonely flag laying by the side of the road...now we have an authentic, from Vietnam, flag in our collection!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/448600/9 Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Feb 7, 2017