- Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park, VietnamI (Greg) first read about Phong Nha in an article by The New York Times entitled 52 places to go in 2014, published in January. At number 8 was Quang Binh province, Vietnam or more specifically, Son Doong cave in Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jul 31, 2014
- Vietnam Day 14After careful research, Justin selected his next golf destination, the Lagunda Lang Co resort further south down the coast from Hue. As much fun as the last solo hiking adventure had been, I decided to book a group tour this Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 31, 2014
- Phu Quoc Island - Mango BayAnother early morning ... but the girls were real troopers ... ready for the flight from Hue to Saigon and then to Phu Quoc
[left][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Ha Long Bay[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/DSC_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jul 29, 2014
- Hanoi[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/1BE1EB1F2219AC6817F7 Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jul 29, 2014
- Vietnam Days 12-13Our next move was via train to Hue (pronounced Hway), about 1.5 hours south down the coast. Hue sits on the Perfume River and was the seat of the Ngyuen empire during the 19th and 20th centuries.
By the time Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 29, 2014
- Various ...Over the last couple of days around Hue, there were so many moments worth capturing ... I'll just draw out a few the recurrent themes.
First ... sisters ...
[left][im Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- Around HueWhat an action packed day around Hue, the Imperial City, declared the national capital in 1802 by Ngyuen Anh, who also declared himself the first ruler of the Nguyen Dynasty while he was at it - Gia Long (Noa Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- An Unexpected DiscoveryI am not a veteran; I am not responsible for the decision's my government made nearly 50 years ago. I am, however, a citizen of that country, and that means I have made an unexpected discovery. I Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Jul 28, 2014
- Same, Same--only different[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/688129/Cathedral_of_Notre_Dame.jpg thumb=http://photos.tr Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Jul 27, 2014
- HueJust a quick post for today. We had another early morning, to make our flight to Hue. Here's what Noa thought of Breakfast at 6:30 ...
The trip as such Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- Phong Nha caving[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jul 27, 2014
- Hoi An to Hue via Danang[img=http: Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jul 27, 2014
- Hoi An, Vietnam[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jul 27, 2014
- Halong BayOn Thursday morning, we had to get going way too early ... we have been staying at a great hotel, but it is 30 minutes by taxi from the city center (more in rush hour ...). We had to be Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 26, 2014
- Vietnam days 10-11Our bus trip required 12+ hours to travel 350 miles, which paints a picture of the road conditions. What's more, we were assigned sleepers in the back "upper deck," the bumpiest part of the bus. We had 2 of the Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 26, 2014
- A Day in Hanoi ... from Ho Chi Minh to Street FoodI haven't posted for three days by now ... that's because we were on a mini cruise in Halong Bay. The ship did have Wifi, but its preferred mode of operation was surprise ... as in ... 'I am working Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 26, 2014
- Northern VietnamWe were very excited to be moving onto Vietnam, a country we had heard so much about in terms of its natural beauty, history and culinary delights. We were also really looking forward to joining our friends Grant and Corinne Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jul 26, 2014
- What is the Message Being Told Here?
After an uneventful transfer day from Hoi An to Danang to Ho Chi Minh City, our travel party is fully together for the first time this trip. Tra arrived from Hanoi last night, s Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Jul 26, 2014
- caving in Phong NhaThe evening after Ninh Binh I caught an overnight bus to Dong Hoi, where I was met by a taxi pick up I had arranged through a hostel in Phong Nha national park. Phong Nha is home to the largest Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jul 24, 2014
- Ninh Binh lakes and boatsI arrived back from sapa very early in the morning and had to walk across town back to my hostel where I had left my main bag. Walking with my small bag was so easy that I once again wished Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jul 24, 2014
- Vietnam Day 9It had been over a week in Vietnam and Justin had yet to golf – for shame!
We'd read about Tam Dao, an old French “hill station” about 1.5h outside Hanoi where there was both a fantastic golf course and Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 23, 2014
- Vietnam Days 6-8Where to begin with the last few days? Let's start here: Ha Long Bay is in the Gulf of Tonkin, near the Chinese border. The bay is dotted with limestone karsts (stone islands) which rise from the sea like floating Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 23, 2014
- Top Gear Comes to Life
Anyone who knows me knows I like the BBC television “Top Gear.” Although I will never be able to afford any of the cars they test drive, I love their road trips—through Africa, South Am Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Jul 23, 2014
- Hanoi and Environs ...Yesterday we ventured from our hyper-modern hotel (located in a part of town that apparently didn't exist just a few years ago - or was essentially rural) ...
[left][/le Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 22, 2014