- Hoi An and HueThe train ride from Saigon to Danang passed off very well.
Train into Danang arrived on time. Was then a 45 minute taxi ride past some beautiful beaches to get to Hoi An.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675503/IMG_20150928_165430.jpg caption Posted by liamwimbo in Vietnam2015 | Oct 4, 2015
- SaigonArrived on time from Bangkok and spotted Christine as she was ahead of me in the passport queue. We met downstairs, where I collected my luggage. Unfortunately Christine's tight connection time at Doha meant her luggage had not arrived. They Posted by liamwimbo in Vietnam2015 | Sep 29, 2015
- Around the world (again)Another big trip.
First off to Malaysia via Qatar. Unfortunately I arrived at 8:30 in the morning and barely got to my hotel in time to go to the first luncheon talk in KL.
[i Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Sep 19, 2015
- Vietnam 4After four nights in Saigon I decided to head back north, taking a bus north to Nha Trang where I hoped to find a small and relaxing sea-side town where I could spend a few days on the beach. Unfortunately, Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- Week 7 VietnamWeek 7 - Vietnam
Thursday 27th Aug- Thursday 3rd Sept
It was dark when we rumbled into Ho Chi Min City, busy and full of neon. The bus stopped a hundred metres from our Hotel. Checked in and made ourselves Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Sep 7, 2015
- Halong Bay TravelPLAN YOUR HALONG BAY VACATION
A visit to the north is not complete without a trip to Halong Bay, where placid waters give way to more than 3,000 limestone karsts and wind-sculpted limestone formations jut from foggy lagoons. Dotting the bay Posted by Kiên in Vietnam Travel Blog | Sep 1, 2015
- Vietnam 3After a four hour bus ride from Hanoi to Haiphong, followed by a 40 minute journey from the city centre to the harbour, a 30 minute trip by ferry to the island and then another 30 minute bus trip Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Aug 26, 2015
- Vietnam Part 2Almost 4 weeks ago I entered Vietnam for 3 months of motorcycling through the country. On day one, I drove from Sihanoukville, Cambodia to the village of Dong Phu situated on an island in the Long Ho District of the Posted by wanderforever in Wander Forever | Aug 21, 2015
- The BeginningAfter leaving Reno airport for Seattle on a small prop plane, I finally set overseas via Korean Airlines. After a brief layover in Seoul, South Korea, my plane landed in Ho Chi Minh City, and I caught my first glimpse Posted by quinnp6 in Coach For College Adventures | Jul 15, 2015
- Day 5- VietnamToday I woke up sad to leave the amazing city of Hanoi but keen to catch my train to Beijing. I had a light breakfast and got to the train station where I boarded the train. The trip was lovely. Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 4- VietnamI woke up this morning feeling a bit sore after yesterday's adventure but eager to start my plans for today. I love my food. So how could I not go to Hanoi and not do a cooking class? I don't Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 3- VietnamI had an earlier start today but that was no problem. I was rearing to start my biking and kayaking tour around West Lake. We begun our tour with a bike ride over Long Bien bridge. I loved the feeling Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 2- VietnamAfter a great night sleep and a beautiful breakfast full of exotic fruit provided by my motel it was time for my Duong Lam Anciet Village Tour. It was like walking back in time and sighting some Vietnam's culture, traditions Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 1- VietnamAfter being on the plane for what felt like days, which was actually only hours (but meant I still had to use the plane toilet) I finally arrived in Hanoi City! I was so excited, I literally flew off the Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Vietnam 2(Having arrived in Hanoi at 4.30 am it was still pitch black and surprise, surprise, raining steadily. I therefore decide that my best course of action would be to wait at the station until it got light and hopefully stopped Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Aug 13, 2015
- REVIVING THE GOLDEN AGE OF TRAVELIn an era of supersonic planes, pullet trainsa nd even space tourism, discerning travelers are opting to return to the golden Age of Travel, going low and slow.
Cruising is the fastest growing segment of the travel industry, with an estimated Posted by Lynn K in Heritage Line luxury Cruises | Aug 11, 2015
- Is this title SUITable?Our first port of call in Hoi An was a tailors as we had heard from several people that this was the place to get a suit made and Alex, with his odd body, could benefit from a made-to-fit suit. Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 23, 2012
- VietnamOk… I’m going to try and get back on the Blog Wagon again. It’s been months since my last post and many things have happened since then. If we are friends on [[https://www.facebook.com/kenbarrios|facebook]], then you have gotten the gist of Posted by wanderforever in Wander Forever | Aug 8, 2015
- Vietnam 1I had heard that the roads in Vietnam were far better than those in Laos but the twenty odd mile journey from the border to Dien Bien Phu showed this to be untrue. However, after a lot more bumping and Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Jul 31, 2015
- LUXURY RIVER CRUISER “ANAWRAHTA” MAKES ITS WAY FROM VIETNAM HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam ― The luxury river cruiser “Anawrahta”, owned by Heritage Line, left Ho Chi Minh City on July 8th aboard the heavy lift vessel, Rolldock Storm, bound for a 5-day journey to Myanmar where it will Posted by Lynn K in Heritage Line luxury Cruises | Jul 21, 2015
- Heritage Line summer promotion 2015I/ HALONG SUMMER PROMOTION 2015: 01 May- 30 September 2015
FREE Shuttle Bus Round trip Hanoi – Halong – Hanoi (saving minimum US$ 50/ per pax)
Free usage of kayak (subject to availability)
Entrance and overnight surcharge
Wel Posted by Lynn K in Heritage Line luxury Cruises | Jul 20, 2015
- Halong Bay and Ba Be LakeOn the morning of the 12th of July we boarded our bus to Halong Bay. It was a four hour trip to the harbour, where we boarded our Fantasea cruise. Our tour guide, Nana, left us in no doubt that Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 18, 2015
- HanoiOur flight from Hanoi was uneventful until thev Hanoi airport. We had to get our visas stamped one last time and pay (again) for the stamp. They would only take cash and there was no ATM around. Nick said Posted by nancymohudson in Southeast Asia? Bring it! | Jul 17, 2015
- Faces of Vietnam[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 15, 2015
- Escape from Saigon
Early morning aerobics, hup hup
Cu Chi Tunnels. Built by 48,000 people over 20 years using primitive spades and bamboo bask Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 15, 2015