- 9 must see attractions when you visit Ninh Binh1, Trang An[[http://vietnamecotravel.com/hoa-lu-trang-an-1-day-tour-especially-591]]
Trang An is a scenic area near Ninh Bình, Vietnam renowned for its boat cave tours. On 23 June 2014, at the 38th session of the World Heritage Committee i Posted by Tranthithuha in Things to do in Ninh Binh, Vietnam | Mar 23, 2017
- Hidden beaches and Banh MiHello All
Well it's coming to the evening of our trip, due to fly home soon.
We have been in Hoi An, mid Vietnam for the last two weeks and absolutely love the area and friends we have made.
The beaches Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Mar 21, 2017
- Hoi An - The Town of Lanterns
Well, well, well, we have finally made it to the town that everyone has raved about our entire trip! Each traveller we ran into always asked us the same question, “Have you been”, or, “ Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Mar 18, 2017
- Danang & the Hai Van Pass===The Hai Van Pass & Marble Mountain===
There are a few different options when deciding how to travel from Hue to Danang: plane, train, bus, or motorcycle. The most stunning though, is driving the Hai Van Pass. This pass Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Mar 15, 2017
- Good morning VietnamHello All
We have spent the last 7 days in Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon) in the south of Vietnam and are flying to the beautiful ancient town of Hoi An, a coastal town in central Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh city Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Mar 8, 2017
- 17th January 2011The hotel we were staying at didn't offer breakfast, so we walked around the city for a while trying to find somewhere open at 7:30am (which was surprisingly difficult). We spotted an eatery called the Kangaroo cafe, and the first Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Mar 7, 2017
- Up, Up and Hue! Arriving in Hue (spoken like HWAY) from Hanoi was a wonderful reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the capital city. There are still crazy drivers and honking motor bikes everywhere, but it is definitely more tranquil Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Mar 5, 2017
- Halong Bay & Sapa==Halong Bay==
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We really wish we had a wonderful romantic story to tell you regarding our valentines day however ours ended up being a Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Feb 26, 2017
- Hanoi - The Good, The Bad & The ExhaustTo all of you who know us well, you were well aware of our plans of visiting Australia and New Zealand this winter. However, as plans tend to do in life, they change. We ended up buying Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- Day 15-17-Halong Bay CruiseDay 1-
8am pickup for 2hr drive to Halong Bay for our 2night cruise in a pretty luxurious Mercedes van. Got to the harbour to see hundreds of boats of all sizes & comfort. We're on Bhaya Classic 4 with total Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 21, 2017
- Botanical Garden but No BonsaiI had read on the internet about a street, Hoang Hoa Tham Street, which was supposed to have a lot of bonsai shops and garden stores. It wasn't too far away so we walked over there and walked along the Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 19, 2017
- More Exploring Hanoi on FootAfter breakfast at our hotel, we started the day by taking some laundry out to be done. We found a travel office that offered laundry service (only 12,000 dong per kilo) and arranged to pick it up tomorrow. They had Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 14- French Quarter HanoiToday we explored more of the city, starting with another electric car drive through the French quarter. This area is the more upmarket area with expensive stores & restaurants & beautiful European style buildings.
Friday's, Saturday's & Sundays, the are Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 13-Tour DayToday we ventured on another organised tour, this time south of Hanoi to visit another temple followed by a paddle up and down a river
Our tour guide introduced himself as Kimmi, as in Kimmi Rikkonen the Race car driver funny Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 12-Hanoi first full dayToday was a walking tour day, tour guides Craig and Paul took us for a walk to several of Hanoi's landmarks.
First to West Lake to see a pagoda, on the way we had to stop for Nin to have a Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Return to Hanoi with a ChangeDon went out for a walk early this morning while I was blogging. He found some women practicing their fan dance in the park along the waterfront. He also got some nice shots of the harbour in the morning.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/450549/DSC Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 17, 2017
- Finished the Most Strenuous Hike of My Life!We were picked up by a bus after breakfast that drove up to the national park here on Cat Ba Island. We had a group of 10 people and a guide for the "1 Day Trekking Experience". As soon as Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 16, 2017
- Day 11-Hoi An-HanoiSad to be leaving beautiful Hoi An, a magic place, great accommodation choice!
Short flight to Hanoi, with first impression of smog laden air!
Large, white Rolls Royce with gold wheels & petrol cap waiting out the front. A lot of bother Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 15, 2017
- Cat Ba Boat ExcursionOur tour started with being picked up around 7:45 or so. After filling the van with passengers from other hotels, we drove to the dock. After another short wait we boarded our boat for the day, the Red Coral. After Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 15, 2017
- Our last week in Danang...short blog!It was wonderful to be in Kon Tum and our hotel was great, but it it felt like coming "home" when we arrived back in Danang. Weird...maybe, but we suddenly realized we could have almost whatever we wanted to eat....pizza, Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Dong Hoi to Hanoi to Cat BaWe caught the 9:00 am train to Hanoi without any difficulty. The train wasn't very full as we left Dong Hoi, but as we got closer and closer to Hanoi it filled up. We had better seats for this trip Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Day 10-Last day in Hoi An* Woke up to Rain.
* Went separate ways- some shopped, others did wonderful heritage walk, visiting historic buildings in town centre.
Old Japanese Bridge
[img=ht Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Day 9 Team PenguinToday was tour day, we were picked up from our hotel and was greeted by a very enthusiastic tour guide My (pronounced as Me), after further pickups of we went to our first stop for the day Marble Mt. Here Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Day 8-Bike TourThis morning we all went our separate ways. Lyn & Bill, Paul & Kath went to organise some tailoring of clothes. Jean & Craig walked further out from the centre of town, exploring.
After lunch, Paul, Craig & Jean took Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 12, 2017
- Dong HoiYesterday morning we got up hoping to go to the Botanical Garden again, to walk some of the trails there. But it was raining again and we were told that most of the trails there are just dirt and so Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 12, 2017