- Ho Chi Minh in passingI feel I need to preface this article with an explanation why I went to view the embalmed body of Ho Chi Minh.
- I’m not Vietnamese - I’m Australian - I’m of an age I could have fought against his Posted by DenOS.08 in In Search of the Researchable | Mar 16, 2014
- South Central CoastThree months with no sight of a sea and we were desperate... we followed the coastline, starting in Mui Ne where large number of Russian visitors has had a huge impact on the place. Everything written in Russian, some agency Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Mar 15, 2014
- 2013 C4 OCEANIA - HA LONG BAY 2So - the last days in Vietnam.
Still around Ha Long Bay but going inland to have some Zen Buddhism instruction. Except there was no instruction, just a visit..
Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Hoi An
When we arrived into the centre of Hoi An, we were met by the usual hotel touts offering rooms. One offered a free ride to the hotel even if we didn’t like it, so we went with it – the Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 14, 2014
- Halong Bay and Hanoi Halong Bay . . . Several years ago I began to notice photographs of a strange and beautiful place, and I discovered that it was Halong Bay, in Vietnam. So, when I saw its name on a Celebrity cruise itinerary, Posted by MarilynWhiteley in Little Red Wheelchair Goes to SE Asia | Mar 14, 2014
- 2013 C3 OCEANIA - HA LONG BAY===Ha Long Bay===
...........is in the north of Vietnam & famous for these strange limestone rocks called Karst.
I did see some on shore so it is not just a sea thing.
We c Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
We have noticed that less people are looking at the blog, so we thought we’d put something funny in to boost numbers! ;) Here is a picture of Matt’s ticket from Angkor Wat which put us in stiches. If you Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 12, 2014
- Hoi An This morning we arrived at the dining room about the time it opened at 7:00 and ordered the "express breakfast." We received it promptly and were ready to go ashore when when the ship was cleared to begin letting off Posted by MarilynWhiteley in Little Red Wheelchair Goes to SE Asia | Mar 12, 2014
A pick-up at 7:00 a.m. for our tour of Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) seemed early, but our room service breakfast arrived in good time, and we were ready when the ship was cleared for Posted by MarilynWhiteley in Little Red Wheelchair Goes to SE Asia | Mar 12, 2014
- Ho Chi Minh City
Our night bus experience to Ho Chi Minh City was far better than in the other countries we’ve been too. The bus was new and we actually had two drivers which is always a bonus – good if one of Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 12, 2014
- 2013 C2 OCEANIA - HUE
Have now moved up the coast a little to Da Nang.
Today it's mostly just a bus ride with shopping stops & a photo op at the beach.
Heading out of the port, we cross over a bridge & loo Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 C1 OCEANIA - MEKONG RIVER===An early start as it's a long ride towards the coast & a ride on the Mekong river delta===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1040879. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 B9 OCEANIA - HO CHI MINH CITYYesterday - Cambodia.
So today must be Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh city, or Saigon as most people know it still.
I was in Vietnam in 2011 & was pleasantly surprised by it.
lots to see.
HCM City is a long Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- SAIGON (Ho Chi Minh City), VIETNAM –DAYS 3 & 4
Vietnam is now one of the world’s fastest-growing retail markets and tourist d Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 6, 2014
- Saigon = Ho Chi Minh CityWe arrived to Saigon without great expectations and some reservations after speaking with fellow travellers. However our first impression was very good. The city was clean and pleasant to walk besides of the road crossings with 5 million of motorbikes Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Mar 6, 2014
- SAIGON (Ho Chi Minh City), VIETNAM –DAY 2
Today we both escorted tours entitled, “Journey to the Mekong Delta”, a vast area home to 25 million Vietnamese. We traveled 2 ½ hours through lush countryside in sm Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 5, 2014
- SAIGON (Ho Chi Minh City), VIETNAM- Day 1
Our long cruise up the curvy Saigon River brought us to our berth in Ho Chi Minh City (also still known as Saigon). We arrived before noon on Saturday and stayed for Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 4, 2014
- CHAN MAY, (HUE), VIETNAM
Our ship was docked in the port city of Chan May. We traveled for two hours through rice paddies and villages to visit Hue (pronounced “way”), the Imperial City of t Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 4, 2014
- HON GAI / HA LONG BAY, VIETNAM -DAY 2
All aboard – an early morning cruise on Ha Long Bay on a Vietnamese Junk! Itinerary: Ships tender to shore, taxi to Junk, Junk to a different Junk, passing through s Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 3, 2014
- HON GAI / HA LONG BAY, VIETNAM
Ha Long Bay is in northern Vietnam, 105 miles east of Hanoi and near the Gulf of Tonkin. We arrived on a foggy, drizzly morning and the ship anchored out in the bay. Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 28, 2014
- VietnamDE NOUVEAU JE N'AI PAS EU LE TEMPS DE TRADUIRE LE TEXTE A EMILY - NEANMOINS MA RECHERCHE D'EMPLOIS AVANCE BIEN. C'EST MA PRIORITE!!
J 'ai utilisé http://translate.google.com
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/578941/Enfin_millionnaire___.jpg capti Posted by emjim in Emily and Jimmy Go Global! | Feb 25, 2014
- Arrival in HanoiWell after 42hrs of travel we finally arrived in Hanoi and stayed our first night at the "charming" Koto Hotel. The room was ok but the he staff were very hospitable and friendly and didn't believe us when we told Posted by Kevzan in The Long Way Home | Feb 19, 2014
- Temples and TunnelsLast two days in Vietnam before we head to Cambodia and Phnom Penh. We started taking our Malaria tablets today, imagine Bill's disquiet when he realised he couldn't drink alcohol with his!!
Yesterday we went on to Cao Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 17, 2014
- Greetings from the number ninesYesterday we went on a sightseeing trip as planned in Saigon. On route we passed the local park where there were large groups of Vietnamese people ballroom dancing, it seems that if we head that way on an evening Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 16, 2014
- Vietnam and Thailand
This is a long one....get a comfy seat....
Getting to the airport everything going exactly how it should and completely unflustered, I relaxed with a glass of Shiraz and a supe Posted by Halgerty12 in A year in Australia | Feb 15, 2014