- Stop 17 - Hoi AnWe left Hue on Anzac Day and headed down the coast to Hoi An. This time we took a private car which meant we could stop along the way and do some tourist spots. We stopped at a few look Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Apr 30, 2017
- Stop 16 - HueUpon returning from Ha Long bay we caught the night train from Hanoi to Hue. None of us had ever slept on a train before so it was going to be a real treat!
The plan was to get to sleep Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Apr 30, 2017
- Vietnam - Ha Long BayOne of the many things Adam has on his bucket list is to visit Ha Long Bay. So, as an early birthday present to himself we all climbed aboard the good ship Royal Wings for a 3 day 2 night Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Apr 30, 2017
- Stop 15 - HanoiLeaving the heat and laziness of Phu Quoc behind we headed to Hanoi. I loved Hanoi. We stayed in the old quarter on this quiet street near the St Josephs Cathedral that had everything around us. Little laneways filled with Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Apr 30, 2017
- Vietnam Vietnam. April 24, 2018
Originally this trip was going to be Doug and I and Jane and Jimmy but both of the guys decided they didn't want to come for various reasons. For Doug it was mostly Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Apr 27, 2017
- Vietnam 🇻🇳 ==Vietnam April 1-18==
Sooooo much History that it's best to read up for the full in depth review ......https://www.thoughtco.com/vietnam-war-the-tet-offensive-2361336
But a really short version ...North (communist Vietnam) was in civil war with South Posted by ohansn in Liv travels here, there, and everywhere | Apr 26, 2017
- Stop 14 - Phu Quoc VietnamOur first stop in Vietnam is the island of Phu Quoc. We have been here for a week now and I can say we have successfully done nothing!
The boys have found out that they like Banh Mi and at AUD1 Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Apr 13, 2017
- Nha TrangWe have a friend from home, Justin, who decided to leave Calgary last year and move to Vietnam. As beautiful of a city as Calgary is, the white sandy beaches, turquoise blue ocean and hot, sunny days of Nha Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Apr 9, 2017
- Gooooood morning Vietnam Travel is fun. Travel is amazing, liberating, beautiful. It takes you to places that almost don't appear real, even when you're standing right there. It reveals new cultures and ways of life. It is series of adventures, joys and wonders. Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Mar 31, 2017
- Myanmar tours 2017Welcome to our [[http://myanmartours2017.com|Myanmar tours 2017]], the journey to the Golden Land of Southeast Asia. This tour is perfect for nature lovers and adventurous travelers. It will not only cover the tops of Myanmar but also bring you unforgetta Posted by vanmth1996 in Myanmar tours 2017 | Mar 30, 2017
- Hidden beaches and Banh MiHello All
Well it's coming to the evening of our trip, due to fly home soon.
We have been in Hoi An, mid Vietnam for the last two weeks and absolutely love the area and friends we have made.
The beaches Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Mar 21, 2017
- Hoi An - The Town of Lanterns
Well, well, well, we have finally made it to the town that everyone has raved about our entire trip! Each traveller we ran into always asked us the same question, “Have you been”, or, “ Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Mar 18, 2017
- Danang & the Hai Van Pass===The Hai Van Pass & Marble Mountain===
There are a few different options when deciding how to travel from Hue to Danang: plane, train, bus, or motorcycle. The most stunning though, is driving the Hai Van Pass. This pass Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Mar 15, 2017
- Good morning VietnamHello All
We have spent the last 7 days in Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon) in the south of Vietnam and are flying to the beautiful ancient town of Hoi An, a coastal town in central Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh city Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Mar 8, 2017
- 17th January 2011The hotel we were staying at didn't offer breakfast, so we walked around the city for a while trying to find somewhere open at 7:30am (which was surprisingly difficult). We spotted an eatery called the Kangaroo cafe, and the first Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Mar 7, 2017
- Up, Up and Hue! Arriving in Hue (spoken like HWAY) from Hanoi was a wonderful reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the capital city. There are still crazy drivers and honking motor bikes everywhere, but it is definitely more tranquil Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Mar 5, 2017
- Halong Bay & Sapa==Halong Bay==
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We really wish we had a wonderful romantic story to tell you regarding our valentines day however ours ended up being a Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Feb 26, 2017
- Hanoi - The Good, The Bad & The ExhaustTo all of you who know us well, you were well aware of our plans of visiting Australia and New Zealand this winter. However, as plans tend to do in life, they change. We ended up buying Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- Day 15-17-Halong Bay CruiseDay 1-
8am pickup for 2hr drive to Halong Bay for our 2night cruise in a pretty luxurious Mercedes van. Got to the harbour to see hundreds of boats of all sizes & comfort. We're on Bhaya Classic 4 with total Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 21, 2017
- Botanical Garden but No BonsaiI had read on the internet about a street, Hoang Hoa Tham Street, which was supposed to have a lot of bonsai shops and garden stores. It wasn't too far away so we walked over there and walked along the Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 19, 2017
- More Exploring Hanoi on FootAfter breakfast at our hotel, we started the day by taking some laundry out to be done. We found a travel office that offered laundry service (only 12,000 dong per kilo) and arranged to pick it up tomorrow. They had Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 14- French Quarter HanoiToday we explored more of the city, starting with another electric car drive through the French quarter. This area is the more upmarket area with expensive stores & restaurants & beautiful European style buildings.
Friday's, Saturday's & Sundays, the are Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 13-Tour DayToday we ventured on another organised tour, this time south of Hanoi to visit another temple followed by a paddle up and down a river
Our tour guide introduced himself as Kimmi, as in Kimmi Rikkonen the Race car driver funny Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Day 12-Hanoi first full dayToday was a walking tour day, tour guides Craig and Paul took us for a walk to several of Hanoi's landmarks.
First to West Lake to see a pagoda, on the way we had to stop for Nin to have a Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 18, 2017
- Return to Hanoi with a ChangeDon went out for a walk early this morning while I was blogging. He found some women practicing their fan dance in the park along the waterfront. He also got some nice shots of the harbour in the morning.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/450549/DSC Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 17, 2017