- LUXURY RIVER CRUISER “ANAWRAHTA” MAKES ITS WAY FROM VIETNAM HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam ― The luxury river cruiser “Anawrahta”, owned by Heritage Line, left Ho Chi Minh City on July 8th aboard the heavy lift vessel, Rolldock Storm, bound for a 5-day journey to Myanmar where it will Posted by Lynn K in Experience travelling on Halong bay | Jul 21, 2015
- Heritage Line summer promotion 2015I/ HALONG SUMMER PROMOTION 2015: 01 May- 30 September 2015
FREE Shuttle Bus Round trip Hanoi – Halong – Hanoi (saving minimum US$ 50/ per pax)
Free usage of kayak (subject to availability)
Entrance and overnight surcharge
Wel Posted by Lynn K in Experience travelling on Halong bay | Jul 20, 2015
- Halong Bay and Ba Be LakeOn the morning of the 12th of July we boarded our bus to Halong Bay. It was a four hour trip to the harbour, where we boarded our Fantasea cruise. Our tour guide, Nana, left us in no doubt that Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 18, 2015
- HanoiOur flight from Hanoi was uneventful until thev Hanoi airport. We had to get our visas stamped one last time and pay (again) for the stamp. They would only take cash and there was no ATM around. Nick said Posted by nancymohudson in Southeast Asia? Bring it! | Jul 17, 2015
- Faces of Vietnam[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 15, 2015
- Escape from Saigon
Early morning aerobics, hup hup
Cu Chi Tunnels. Built by 48,000 people over 20 years using primitive spades and bamboo bask Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 15, 2015
- Mekong Delta - Green Village nr Can Tho
Welcome to Green Village, our bamboo huts were nestled in the Mekong alongside canals that could be followed all the way into Cambodia. We fell asleep to the jungle orchestra and awoke to Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 14, 2015
- Mekong Delta - Ben Tre
Winding our way down the Mekong Delta, this water has flowed 2,700 miles from the Tibetan mountains
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 12, 2015
- HanoiWe arrived back in Hanoi on the 30 June 2015 and returned to the same hotel, the “Golden Charm Hotel” in the Hanoi Old Quarter that we’d stayed in before we went to Sa Pa.
Hanoi’s Old Quarter is famous for Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 11, 2015
- HanoiOn our final day in Hoi An, we picked up a scooter from our hotel and headed to see the My Son Sanctuary. This is a world heritage site and is inland from Hoi An. The following photo describes the Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 10, 2015
- Sa PaSa Pa is the subject of this blog even though we spent two nights in Hanoi beforehand while waiting for our train. We will cover Hanoi in our next blog.
Tania and I missed seeing Sa Pa the last time we Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 9, 2015
- Ha Tien - not a favourite & crossing to Cambodia We were travelling further South towards the Cambodian border to a town called Ha Tien where most border crossings happen. To get from Can Tho to Ha Tien you need to catch two local buses, a simple procedure, according Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 9, 2015
- Saigon part 1
Americana is slowly being adopted and Saigon is a modern, chaotic city that is easy to love. Ubiquitous communist memorials vie for space with gleaming skyscrapers, parks, shops, museums Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 8, 2015
- Can Tho and the Mekong DeltaCan Tho is a very sweet little town with lovely people and pretty lights. It is quite spread out but the main concentration of markets and food is found around the river area. It is the largest town on the Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 7, 2015
- East Coast Vietnam
As hard as it was to drag our sorry arses out of Hoi An we were excited about a new adventure in the sun. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725413/CC2499C99B32042D1A0E318D9B6E6670. Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 5, 2015
- Hue and Hoi AnIt wasn't difficult finding our hotel in Nha Trang. It was about a 15 minute walk along the waterfront from the bus drop off. The hotel staff were again friendly and accommodating. We had dinner at a place recommended by Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 5, 2015
- Dong Hoi & Phong Nha National Park (Caves)We decided to catch the train again for our trip from Hue to Dong Hoi. The train trip was about 3 hours and we went through more farming countryside with bullock-pulled ploughs. Who needs a tractor??
On the train, we Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 4, 2015
- Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) Ho Chi Minh City is a huge city that is very spread out. It is broken up into districts, with each one having different things to offer. The main tourist areas are District one and three. We stayed in one Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 3, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - Crossing Into CambodiaA QUIET DAY ON THE RIVER TODAY ...
PEOPLE HAPPY TO SEE US FLOAT BY ...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 3, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - An unusual village on the riverONCE AGAIN WE DO NOT DOCK BUT THE SMALL BOATS STRAIGHT ACROSS THE RIVER ..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/64562 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 1, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - Beginning in SaigonIT WAS A BIT OF A RUSH FROM SINGAPORE TO SAIGON BUT I ARRVED IN PLENTY OF TIME.
THE TAXI PEOPLE AT THE AIRPORT WHISKED ME STRAIGHT TO A TAXI & IT WAS A FAST RIDE THROUGH THE MANIC TRAFFIC TO Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 1, 2015
- Beautiful Hoi An Hoi An is a beautiful city. It has a perfect mix of things to see and do with the beach just 3km from the city and the city itself offering great shopping, picturesque streets, ancient sights and markets. There are Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jun 30, 2015
- Ho Chi Minh City to Mui NeOn our last night in Ho Chi Ming we headed down for dinner to an area we walked through when returning from Dao's earlier in the day. It was a beautiful sunset as we left the apartment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/739190/088A4E02DE5A4E687E00 Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jun 30, 2015
- Kicking back in South East AsiaIf you need to unwind, get yourself to Laos.
We had no expectations at all for the country, focussing our planning instead on the upcoming trips to neighbouring Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. However, with every passing day, every hour even, we Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | Jun 28, 2015
- HueWell as usual time as slipped away from us, but here is our take on Hue.
After farewells to our friends in Hoi An, we caught the SE2 train from Danang to Hue, which took about 3 hours and was along Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jun 28, 2015