- A half cruise round Halong BayYou have read about Kate and Stu's intrepid adventures getting to and exploring Cat Ba Island. Meanwhile, we went for the easier option for softies, cruising round Halong Bay watching the scenery drift by.
Whilst investigating the options for Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 3, 2014
- Muine and Ho Chi Minh cityAfter Dalat we went to Muine which is like a Russian town. A lot of the shops and businesses are in Russian and there's a large community of them there, which is strange. Muine is a nice little beach town Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Dec 3, 2014
- The HighlandsAfter Quy nhon we headed into the highlands to meet some friends in Pleiku. According to LP Pleiku is just a transit town and not worth a stop, but in my opinion it was really nice. We stayed there for Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Dec 3, 2014
- Day 13 Hoi An[img=http://photos.travell Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 3, 2014
- A trip to Cat Ba Island
Written on a wet evening by the sea
We decided we needed some peace and quiet and do do a bit of walking so headed for Cat Ba, an island in Halong Bay, a spectacular area of karst scenery.
The wonderful Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 2, 2014
- Day 12 Hue to Hoi An[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/90_ Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 2, 2014
- Contrasts of the SouthDalat is Vietnam's alter ego... we didn't feel like we were in Vietnam half the time as we drove and walked around the city. The climate was the first difference we noticed... a spring-like cool instead of tropical heat, Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Dec 1, 2014
- Hanoi - love it or hate it?
We arrived at night after a 10 hour bus journey to be met by a scrimmage of people, some of whom were taxi drivers I think. A very pushy one with a smart green taxi wanted 200,000 dong (sounds a Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 1, 2014
- Day 11 Hue[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/34FA3EF1C3F72658D6D72414D0144B45.jpg caption=Remember the monk who set himself alight during Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 1, 2014
- Day 10 Dong Hoi to HueToday was a long haul of 9hrs but we stopped at Vinh Moc tunnels where a whole village lived underground during war.Khe Sahn the Us base which was very strange to be there after seeing it all those years ago Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 30, 2014
- Day 9 Vihn to Dong HoiToday was a 5hr drive.Only stop was a visit to General Giap's memorial.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/large_095CA7D5B776A Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 30, 2014
- Day 8 Ninh Bihn to VihnToday was 51/2hr drive . There is so much development in Vietnam it's like a building site everywhere you look. We visited Ho Chi Min,s place of birth and childhood. Our guide took us out for tea and we had Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 28, 2014
- Day 7 Mau Chau to Ninh Bihn[img=http: Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 28, 2014
- Day 5 Halong Bay [im Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 25, 2014
- Hoi AnHoi An is a beautiful old town, pretty much half way up on the coast of Vietnam. Nearly everyone we had met who were moving in the opposite direction had told us that Hoi An was a gem not to Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Nov 24, 2014
- Week 28Monday
The next day we set off to climb the 1000 step mountain. Despite being weary with slight hangovers Jane managed to reach the top first and I was a little way behind her. There was a pagoda/temple at the top Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Nov 23, 2014
- Week 27Monday
I didn’t wake up again until Matthew’s alarm at 7.15. He and Kate had gotten up at midnight to watch the World Cup Finals at a Coffee Shop around the corner, getting only 2 hours sleep. I managed to shower, Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Nov 23, 2014
- Day 3[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/9A9BEF47EC89718F5D956D5630316696.jpg caption=2ducks and a duck in training at Ethnocitity Mus Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 23, 2014
- Central Vietnam... Same Same, but Better!
After a bumpy sleep in our night bus, we had arrived in Son Trach village, just outside of the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. This national park is a UNESCO World Heritage site and bo Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Nov 22, 2014
- Start of holiday[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/large_3393C359E8B13966B55D445308EB94 Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 21, 2014
- tạm biệt Vietnam tạm biệt Vietnam (Goodbye Vietnam).
This is just for a short while. I will be back, very soon. Vietnam is an amazing place and all the people I met from around the world will confirm this. Everybody I spoke to said Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 21, 2014
- Odds and Evens 2 (Hanoi)Whenever you go to Hanoi and you visit Hoan Kiem Lake (best area to stay), there is a little sidewalk restaurant at the lake called Ho Guom Cafe. Ask for Bun Cha (pork hot pot, fresh greens and rice noodles). Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 19, 2014
- Sapa (Trekking) Day 2 - Cat Cat WaterfallSo the first day was misty and overcast but the second day started with a stunning view from my room, a glimpse of mount Fransipan in the background:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/715133 Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 17, 2014
- Nha TrangIt was a short bus ride from Da lat and it was a short stay in Nha Trang too.
We had been asked to carry a rucksack for one of the guys on the motorbikes as they had offered Joyce and Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Nov 16, 2014
- Sapa (Trekking)On the border of China lies a beautiful place called Sapa. This is one of the main areas for growing rice and is situated high up the hills. The Fansipan Mountain, which is the highest mountain in Indochina at 3143 Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 15, 2014