- time to head home8th Oct - OMG holiday finished! How quick has the past 17 days gone.
What an educational experience we have had. The trip has exceeded everyone's expectations, we have learnt so much history, been privileged to be invited into the local Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Oct 7, 2014
- Saigon7th Oct - this morning we are going on a jeep ride through Saigon...OMG how much fun but I guess came with mixed feelings. We were picked up from our hotel in a U.S. army jeep and taken to the Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Oct 7, 2014
- Tour De Nha TrangToday we were on the road again, moving from Dalat in the mountains to Nha Trang on the coast. This journey was special though as we did it on a bike! Accompanied in the riding team by Ming and support Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 7, 2014
- Sa Dec5th Oct - I can't believe we are nearing the end of our holiday! Our last trip away was almost 5 weeks and we were itching to get home, 17 days and we need another week, there is no pleasing Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Oct 6, 2014
- Rafting the rapids in VietnamWWWWWOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO!! We're now in Dalat in the southwest highlands of Vietnam and today we've been white water rafting!! It was totally amazing. We got picked up in a minibus from our guesthouse and rode about 45mins, along a bumpy track Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 6, 2014
- Dalat tasting menuYesterday we flew from HCMC (or should I say fled) to Dalat in the highlands. The temperature here is more like 23 degrees and very pleasant. We borrowed some bikes from our hotel and walked into town (I am not Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 6, 2014
- A Holiday within a Holiday at Cat BaFirst of all, I am completley lame at keeping up with this blog. Rather than admit I am lazy, (and also very busy), I blame it on not having a notebook, (the paper kind). So now my mission to find Posted by PocketfulOfDong in PocketfulofDong in South East Asia | Oct 5, 2014
- Ho Chi MingingTo quote Sarah as we arrived back to the safe haven of our guest room "Ho Chi Minh sucks!" We were only ever going to stay one night anyway and booked a flight to Dalat for tomorrow from the airport Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 4, 2014
- Hoi An and Quy NhonHoi an was a pleasant bus ride from Hue. Some of the scenery along the route was stunning, and it is an area strongly recommended for easy riders, but something we didn't do. We had our hotel booked for the Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Oct 3, 2014
- Hue, VietnamBefore we arrived in Hue, the bus stopped in dong Ha which is about two hours from Hue. Dong Ha is very close to the old DMZ (De-militarized zone) and while we were having breakfast there, the cafe owner asked Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Oct 3, 2014
- Ninh BinhNinh Binh was a great stop on our way south. I ended up staying 4 nights there. I stayed at the New Queen Mini Hotel, which was great. The room was decent and the staff were really friendly. They advised Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Oct 3, 2014
- Glam Packing in VietnamTo celebrate Jason’s birthday in style, albeit a week late, we checked into the Sofitel Legend Metropole in Hanoi for a couple of nights of luxury. The Sofitel is the best hotel in Hanoi with history dating back over Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Oct 3, 2014
- Dalat,VietnamHello everyone!
Today I will be continuing on my next destination Dalat! Before I came to Vietnam, I had never heard of this place and my first impression was that Dalat would be similar to Ho Chi Minh.
I could not have Posted by cheahwenbin in 31 days in Vietnam! | Oct 1, 2014
- Good Morning Vietnam!After a 2 day flight delay in China, China Airlines eventually delivered us safely to Vietnam at 2am… and Jase’s bag to Shanghai. You’ve gotta love China!
The 2 day delay being stuck in China was bad enough but the Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Sep 29, 2014
- Say goodbye to VietnamWe awoke to yet another beautiful morning in Ha Long Bay, today is our last day here and we will be sad to say goodbye, yet excited to start our adventure in Cambodia. This mornings excursion is a boat ride Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Sep 26, 2014
- Ha Long Bay continuesOMG....waking up to this magnificent view of Ha Long Bay will be one of my trip highlights. Isobel you need to get more comfortable on a boat, truely magical! It is probably about 28c, calm, the sun is shining in Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Sep 26, 2014
- Ha Long BayHa Long Bay - an early start today! And decisions to be made! Today we are heading of to Ha Long Bay for a 2 night, 3 day cruise. We have to pack an overnight bag so I guess this Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Sep 26, 2014
- Hanoi City TourHanoi - a goodnight sleep does wonders! We are staying at the Pullman Hotel in the heart of Hanoi, buffet breakfast, HUGE, AWSOME, FULL! Today we travelled by bus to Ho Chi Minh's Presidential Palace & Mausoleum, gorgeous gardens and Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Sep 23, 2014
- Vietnam & more....Our long awaited holiday finally arrived! After a long drive out to the airport, one hour delay in departing we were on our way. We had a good flight with very little turbulence. Geoff ended up with a spare seat Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Sep 23, 2014
- Mekong Delta-My Tho & Ben Tre villageMy previous travel to Ho Chi Minh city aka Saigon did not include a trip to Mekong Delta as I was not able to fit my backpacking schedule to add this trip to the itinerary. That was 8 years ago. Posted by kidd27 in Island Beyond The Entertainment Paradise | Sep 20, 2014
- Week 26Monday
It was gone 10 by the time we rose from our deep sleeps. We made it out for breakfast but returned by 12 where we decided to have a power nap. The nap turned into a legitimate sleep when the Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Sep 18, 2014
- Back To Where It All Began
The Central Post Office, Ho Chi Minh city
Yes, Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon was where all the backpacking story began. Eight years ago, I stepped my foot on the soil of this co Posted by kidd27 in Island Beyond The Entertainment Paradise | Sep 18, 2014
- Week 25Monday
We over slept our alarm again and headed out to the killing fields around midday with Joe and James.
There was an audio set to listen to. I had no idea how Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Sep 18, 2014
- Good Morning Vietnam!!Today we travel to Hanoi in Vietnam. After several rides on the underground, (and a rather hairy moment when Matt managed to get on the train whilst Laura was left behind when the doors shut without warning), we arrived back Posted by PocketfulOfDong in PocketfulofDong in South East Asia | Sep 15, 2014
- Past the halfway pointI purchased my plane ticket home a few weeks ago. I will be landing at JFK on November 13th, almost 4 months to the day after I left. If my math is correct (but it's certainly possible that Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Sep 14, 2014