- Day 3[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/9A9BEF47EC89718F5D956D5630316696.jpg caption=2ducks and a duck in training at Ethnocitity Mus Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 23, 2014
- Central Vietnam... Same Same, but Better!
After a bumpy sleep in our night bus, we had arrived in Son Trach village, just outside of the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. This national park is a UNESCO World Heritage site and bo Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Nov 22, 2014
- Start of holiday[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/large_3393C359E8B13966B55D445308EB94 Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 21, 2014
- tạm biệt Vietnam tạm biệt Vietnam (Goodbye Vietnam).
This is just for a short while. I will be back, very soon. Vietnam is an amazing place and all the people I met from around the world will confirm this. Everybody I spoke to said Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 21, 2014
- Odds and Evens 2 (Hanoi)Whenever you go to Hanoi and you visit Hoan Kiem Lake (best area to stay), there is a little sidewalk restaurant at the lake called Ho Guom Cafe. Ask for Bun Cha (pork hot pot, fresh greens and rice noodles). Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 19, 2014
- Sapa (Trekking) Day 2 - Cat Cat WaterfallSo the first day was misty and overcast but the second day started with a stunning view from my room, a glimpse of mount Fransipan in the background:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/715133 Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 17, 2014
- Nha TrangIt was a short bus ride from Da lat and it was a short stay in Nha Trang too.
We had been asked to carry a rucksack for one of the guys on the motorbikes as they had offered Joyce and Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Nov 16, 2014
- Sapa (Trekking)On the border of China lies a beautiful place called Sapa. This is one of the main areas for growing rice and is situated high up the hills. The Fansipan Mountain, which is the highest mountain in Indochina at 3143 Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 15, 2014
- Hanoi CityHanoi city, the capital of Vietnam, has about 7 million people plus another 3 million in the close surroundings. I walked to all the sight seeings today. Starting at St. Josephs Cathedral (Hanoi Cathedral), I must say, more breathtaking than Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 14, 2014
- Hoa Lu - Tam CocThe ancient town in the Ninh Binh province, lies approximately 90 km outside Hanoi, takes about two and half hours by bus. The roads in Vietnam is not bad but the speed limit is 80km/h and it is quite an Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 13, 2014
- Halong BayBefore I tell you about Halong Bay, see below pictures of DaNang city and the Dragon Bridge.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 12, 2014
- Good Morning, (North) Vietnam!
Vietnam is everything we hoped it would be and more! The second we stepped out onto the streets of the Old Quarter in Hanoi, we fell in lo Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Nov 12, 2014
- HanoiArrived in Hanoi this morning, went straight to Hoan Kiem lake. It is believed that if you see one of the turtles, you will be lucky for the next 100 years. I wanted to dive in the lake, apparently Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 11, 2014
- Da lat"A bit like France" Most people like Da lat"
We probably spent longer in Mui Ne because of public holiday. Which meant that the buses were barely running and if they were running the prices were a bit too high. Although Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Nov 11, 2014
- Mui NeIt was night time before we had completed the 12 hour bus journey to Mui Ne. The very moment that we stepped off the bus at the end of the town the electricity cut out. That was a good start!
Luckily Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Nov 9, 2014
- Ba Na HillsBa Na Hills (named after all the Banana trees that grow on the mountains) was inherited from the French after WW2. It is the longest cable car in the world and the trip up or down is absolutely spectacular. The Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 10, 2014
- Hoi AnHoi An is approximately 30km from DaNang. When I left My Son Sanctuary I wemt to Hoi An. I really wish I could have stayed here longer. This place is like the best place to retire on earth. It looks Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 10, 2014
- DaNang (My Son Sanctuary)My Son Santuary (pronounced May Sun) is a UNESCO world heritage site. Its roughly 70 km from DaNang, the coastal city and the 3rd biggest in Vietnam.
It was quite difficult getting a lift or trip to this site as DaNang Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 10, 2014
- Saigon (Museums)2More images, self explanatory:
[img=http: Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 9, 2014
- Saigon (Museums)Today I decided to visit some of the museums in Saigon. Whenever you in this city, the only museum you must visit is the War Museum. It was completed and opened literally months after the war ended on 30 April Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 8, 2014
- Saigon (Motorcycle) China MarkI had to do this on a seperate entry. Inside China Town, you get a China Market by the name of Cho Binh Tay. Now, if you don't get to know locals, you will not know about this place. That Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 8, 2014
- Saigon City (Motorcycle)Before i start with the city tour, i must mention the night market at Ben Tahn. When the market closes at 18:00, everyone moves outside and the night market starts. When I mentioned that my sister won't leave the market, Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 8, 2014
- Odds and evensFor those who did not know, that person from the other country was not the one that thought of this sign. In fact, in Buddism (which is 100s of years old) it means "from the heart'..imagine that. And, do not Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 7, 2014
- Water Puppet ShowThis show has travelled the world. it is really worth seeing, these people are talented. These are not the best of photos as the puppets were moving the whole time, left and right, up and down, left and right, up Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 7, 2014
- Vung Tau (The city)If you ever decide to visit Vietnam, make sure you book at least two or three days in this lovely place. Not many people know about this town but it is absolutely amazing. It is like a new beach resort Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 7, 2014