- Week OneIt’s never lonely when you feel connected to everything. The challenge is when everything doesn’t realize it is connected to you.
Like most major change in my life, there is usually a great deal of pain that is behind it. This Posted by wanderforever in Wander Forever | Dec 13, 2014
- A day in HueA day in Hue
Hue was the capital city of Vietnam for several hundred years until 1945. It suffered terribly during the Vietnam war, being attacked first by the Viet Cong (the Tet Offensive) and then by US forces, with great Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 11, 2014
- Good Night VietnamTrain travel has been fun in Vietnam. It is true that the trains are not that modern and it seems that the railways are starved of investment. However, the views are wonderful and the seats are comfortable enough. Like the Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 11, 2014
- Chasing the heatBefore we left England, we thought that in general terms we would be cold until Beijing and then in Beijing it would be similar to England at the same time. We agreed that Mongolia, especially in the Ger would be Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 11, 2014
- Day 21 Saigon to Can thoLeft Saigon visited an unusual church, river trip and lunch of local elephant ear fish on Mekong then trip to Can Tho. The river trip was so relaxing I nodded off. . .[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/377C9DC4C4D8B1AAF716F869D2AF02D9.jpg capti Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 11, 2014
- Day 20 SaigonToday was very full day. First to VC tunnels at Cu Chi. The propaganda video was crap and. I could,t stand it so I walked out with Bron hot on my heals. The tunnels themselves and how they worked was Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 10, 2014
- Day 19 Dalat to Saigon[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/ Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 9, 2014
- Day 18 Dalat[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/DBAFC05B0A52C086C4443496788D9B06.jpg caption=View from cable car in Dalet to Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 9, 2014
- Day 17 Boun Me Thuot to DalatToday was a lovely drive with great scenery and better roads.Watched coffee being dried and rice being harvested and dried. Took a short train ride around Dalat. Went to this place called the Crazy House and all I can say Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 7, 2014
- Day 16 Pleiku to Buon Me Thuot
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/90_40F856420F6C0E0954F5E0DF111E4937.j Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 6, 2014
- Day 15 Kontum to PleikuToday we left Kontum and visited an Ethic visage . Three hundred people live in 10 houses. It is a matriarch society. It was a humbling experience.We also visited a Catholic orphanage and talked to the kids and the English Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 5, 2014
- Day 14 Hoi An to Kontum[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 5, 2014
- Eat your heart out Cross Country trains!
On the SE5 9am train to Hue (13 hour journey!), two meals were served at your seat - rice, meat, veg and some sort of salty tea, all for just over a pound. Trolleys with drinks pass through the Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 5, 2014
- Food part 3 (and drink)
Time for an update. I am happy to report that the food in Vietnam is good and plenty of options for vegetarians. There are lots of stir fried vegetable dishes, some with interesting sauces, e.g. Eggplant in ginger. Fried rice Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 5, 2014
- Hanoi NightsHanoi nights
Vietnam is so very very different from China and indeed anywhere else. It is an exceptionally beautiful country. The first thing I noticed travelling over the border was the tall narrow houses, apparently because of a tax on the Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 4, 2014
- A half cruise round Halong BayYou have read about Kate and Stu's intrepid adventures getting to and exploring Cat Ba Island. Meanwhile, we went for the easier option for softies, cruising round Halong Bay watching the scenery drift by.
Whilst investigating the options for Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 3, 2014
- Muine and Ho Chi Minh cityAfter Dalat we went to Muine which is like a Russian town. A lot of the shops and businesses are in Russian and there's a large community of them there, which is strange. Muine is a nice little beach town Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Dec 3, 2014
- The HighlandsAfter Quy nhon we headed into the highlands to meet some friends in Pleiku. According to LP Pleiku is just a transit town and not worth a stop, but in my opinion it was really nice. We stayed there for Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Dec 3, 2014
- Day 13 Hoi An[img=http://photos.travell Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 3, 2014
- A trip to Cat Ba Island
Written on a wet evening by the sea
We decided we needed some peace and quiet and do do a bit of walking so headed for Cat Ba, an island in Halong Bay, a spectacular area of karst scenery.
The wonderful Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 2, 2014
- Day 12 Hue to Hoi An[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/90_ Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 2, 2014
- Contrasts of the SouthDalat is Vietnam's alter ego... we didn't feel like we were in Vietnam half the time as we drove and walked around the city. The climate was the first difference we noticed... a spring-like cool instead of tropical heat, Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Dec 1, 2014
- Hanoi - love it or hate it?
We arrived at night after a 10 hour bus journey to be met by a scrimmage of people, some of whom were taxi drivers I think. A very pushy one with a smart green taxi wanted 200,000 dong (sounds a Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 1, 2014
- Day 11 Hue[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/34FA3EF1C3F72658D6D72414D0144B45.jpg caption=Remember the monk who set himself alight during Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 1, 2014
- Day 10 Dong Hoi to HueToday was a long haul of 9hrs but we stopped at Vinh Moc tunnels where a whole village lived underground during war.Khe Sahn the Us base which was very strange to be there after seeing it all those years ago Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Nov 30, 2014