- Bac Ha
I am delighted that I now have a map to go with this blog. If you hover over the dots you will see the names of the places that I have visited so far.
My early Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Jan 26, 2016
- Night on the town in SaigonLooks like it's eighties rock night at the Hard Rock Cafe... Crowd is really into it.. To funny.. After spending the day in the backpackers district taking on the sites and some great street food (Vietamamize sandwich) my all time Posted by Vietnamexpress in HCMC | Jan 25, 2016
- A paradise on earth - Sapa Valley, Vietnam
It was my second evening in Hanoi. I took an overnight train to Sapa. I love traveling by trains, well, when it is possible. I did the same when I travelled to Chiang Posted by gangtab in A paradise on earth - Sapa | Jan 24, 2016
- Uncle Ho! I'm in Your City!===Day 2 of my tour: Ho Chi Minh City.===
Some Westerners still know the city as Saigon, but it was renamed in honour of the very beloved Ho Chi Minh.
His picture was in evidence in many sho Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Nov 30, 2015
- Bai Dinh Pagoda and Trang AnHanoi is a capital of Vietnam strategically located in the north of Vietnam, not only due to its proximity with China but the city is also easily connected to various provinces in Northern Vietnam that offers some of the most Posted by kidd27 in Explore the North of Vietnam | Jan 17, 2016
- The Overnight Bus===Day Five in Ho Chi Minh City.===
There are just a few more places to visit before heading back to the dreaded NIGHT BUS... Yup! I will be travelling back to Cambodia by overnight bus, in spite of the warnings.
===Vinh Hanh Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Jan 13, 2016
- A Hue SundayA morning Church at the Cathedral followed by a tour and some great conversation with the locals
then met up with a friend of the last decade for lunch at a local restaurant. All Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 3, 2016
- Củ Chi Tunnels, Vietnam ===A Great Visit to Cù Chi Tunnels===
Just a quick little update on the past in Vietnam.
VIETNAM - MANY YEARS OF GUERRILLA WARFARE
The effects of World War II were felt in numerous countries outside of Europe. In 1940 the Germans defeated Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Jan 2, 2016
- Hue - & to the SouthEven though the chest cold is sooo annoying we long suffering travellers set off agin around 7.30. Another yummy breakfast was of course had before departure. Rather chilly and overcast. The day was quickly brightened meeting a friend of Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 2, 2016
- Heaven's Gate, SapaMany people travel to Sapa to trek its beautiful and stunning mountains, visiting the various hill tribes villages as well as to experience the ethnic hill tribes home stays. There were also some wonderful and awesome waterfalls in Sapa that Posted by kidd27 in Explore the North of Vietnam | Jan 1, 2016
- Hue - & to the NorthEarly, like 5.30 am, start. Having a chest cold, the body was not saying thank you at all. Anyway began the day with this
OpLa i.e fried eggs, french style bread and Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 1, 2016
- Le Vietnam : quelques infos pratiquesVoici les éléments importants que nous avons retenu de notre séjour au Vietnam.
Longueur du séjour
29 jours (soit 4 semaines), ça peut sembler beaucoup, mais ça passe très vite pour ce grand pays. Et nous avons dû faire des Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 31, 2015
- Day 43 - On the way to Cambodia (Ha Tien)Départ de Can Tho pour prendre le bus, direction Ha Tien. Nous n’avons trouvé que peu d’informations sur internet pour traverser la frontière par le sud, ce n'est pas le poste de frontière le plus utilisé par les touristes. Donc Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 31, 2015
- Days 41 & 42 - Mekong DeltaNous réservons une excursion d'une journée dont le but est de partir à la découverte du delta du Mékong et qui passe par My Tho et Ben Tre, deux villes du delta avec des marchés. Cela nous permet surtout de Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 31, 2015
- KonTum to DaNag to Hue - 28/29/30Played tourist in the moaning in KonTum. Nothing in particular. Wandering, looking at nothing in particular. Grabbed a taxi to the airport which is a bit of a hassle. The airport is actually at Pleiku, so an hours drive Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Dec 30, 2015
- KonTum day 2Up early to wish fond farewells to 2 friends who had to return to Saigon for work. Not happy either
Went and had leisurely breakfast and coffee, collected another friend b4 heading off around ten
Went to a large leper community. This Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Dec 28, 2015
- KonTumUp early - 6 ish for a feed and breakfast then and hour & a bit travel by vehicle to the NW.
Met about 60 villagers who have traveled for hours from remote areas. No roads, just walking / bike tracks. Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Dec 27, 2015
- Hanoi and Halong BaySaturday (12/19):
The flight from Bangkok to Hanoi was a mere hour and forty minutes, which we spent napping and talking to the Vietnamese man next to us who was thrilled that out of anywhere in the world, we chose his Posted by carpentrek in Carpenters Without Borders | Dec 27, 2015
- Thang Long CitadelVietnam has lots of similarities in comparison to its northern neighbour, China due to the close geographical location between the two countries as well as the historical events that took place many years ago. As such, there are many influence Posted by kidd27 in Explore the North of Vietnam | Dec 26, 2015
- Pleiku to KonTuma leisurely start to the day with a late breakfast and time spent saying goodbye to friends. Always never sure if this is the last time. Wonerful accepting hospitality.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/796075/thumb_IMG_0266_1024.jpg caption=Good Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Dec 26, 2015
- Christmas Day 2015Most of the day spent at a village enjoying food, dancing and conversation. Was a motorfright ride of about an hour to get there. Only downside of the day was the presence of a police taking happy snaps & selfies Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Dec 25, 2015
- Pleiku Dec 24Spent the morning with minority lepers who live close to the town. Much sharing of gifts, conversation, renewing past friendships. A very pleasant morning. [img=ht Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Dec 25, 2015
- Hoa Lo PrisonHoa Lo Prison in Hanoi is not just any prison facility. The prison has gone through 3 phases of political hierarchy changes, namely the French domination era, the Democratic Republic of Vietnam era after which French troops were defeated in Posted by kidd27 in Explore the North of Vietnam | Dec 24, 2015
- Days 38 to 40 - Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)Nous arrivons à Ho Chi Minh City (ou Ville) le matin. La ville de Saïgon, son nom d’origine, a été rebaptisée Ho Chi Minh Ville en 1975 en l’honneur du premier président du pays réunifié. Le ciel est plus nuageux, Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 24, 2015
- Day 37 - DalatDalat est une ville avec une architecture coloniale française, elle est surnommée "le Petit Paris". Nous avons juste prévu une journée de repos dans cette ville en altitude (1,500m). Pour la première fois nous voyons des gens avec des manteaux Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 24, 2015