- The Leader is good, the Leader is great...I surrender my will as of this date.
Well, we have just done a bit of a tour of the Cu Chi tunnels and the War Remants Museum and it was a bit of an eye opener. Obviously, as the old Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 10, 2006
- Grrrrr....Just finished 2 days cruising the Mekong Delta on a number of small boats. It was a great to laze back in the sun and watch the world float by. As part of the tour, we stopped off at a Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 14, 2006
- Fortunately we didn't know in advanceOver the last couple of days, we have been travelling to a remote town called Da Lat, which is in South-Central Highlands of Vietnam. We had not originally planned to come here, however we had a met a backpacker who Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 15, 2006
- Nha TrangToday we arrived in Nha Trang after a 6 hour bus ride from Da Lat. We set off at 8am and hunkered down for the excruciating pain of the bumpy Vietnamese roads. It was however worth every jolt, as we Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 17, 2006
- This is the life...This morning we had a snorkelling trip in the bay surrounding Nah Trang, with Rainbow Dives. As it was our third one, we were pretty used to it. It was very enjoyable, but to be honest nothing outstandingly different, except Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 19, 2006
- Way to go...After a few days in Nha Trang, it was on to the SE2 train for a trip to Hue (which is actually pronounced Way). Although it was a day time trip, our start time was 4am so we made sure Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 27, 2006
- Vietnam - Hue, Hanoi and Ha Long BayWe took the train from Da Nang to the Imperial City of Huế. The train from Da Nang to Huế is one of the prettiest stretches of train travel in all of Vietnam. On one side, steep cliffs falling Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Apr 29, 2014
- Days 51 & 52Walked thru a night market, which was fun, but similar to most other Asian night markets I've seen.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/658901/large_9288D2C42219AC6817A47C80A28418AD.j Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 28, 2014
- Day 50One last drink on the beach and I hoped on an overnight bus to Vietnam.
After a quick goodbye to the beaut Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 25, 2014
- Vietnam - Ho Chi Min, Hoi An and Da Nang(These last few entries are horribly late - when we got home, life just sort of took over. We hope to wrap up the tales of Our Great Escape shortly.)
When we booked the trip, Vietnam was probably the place I Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Apr 25, 2014
- Welcome to Hanoi... CAN YOU SPEAK UP PLEASE!!==When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable, it is designed to make its own people comfortable. - Clifton Fadiman==
===Pho is one of our favourite breakfast foods (well an Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Apr 20, 2014
- Castaways...Starting 2014 on Halong BayBefore we start you all need to be aware of the rules
1. No drinking with your right hand...if you do, down your drink. Buffalo!
2. If you say the words 'mine' or 'ten' do ten push-ups
3. If Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Apr 19, 2014
- Hanoi....only 4 months late!Sorry sorry I know I've been rubbish at keeping this updated...but it's hard...I legit spent tons of time in Nepal catching up on about 2 months of my own diary (by torchlight...but we'll get to that) let alone blogging :/ Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Apr 19, 2014
- We're going Up Country ...So, it’s been way, way too long and as ever, apologies for that. We’re aware that we’re about to head off on another adventure in a week or so and we haven’t written anything about the last one … Posted by TheBackyard in A Comrade's Guide to Vietnam | Apr 9, 2014
- Halong Bay from Cat Ba IslandAfter some consideration we decided to see Halong Bay as independently as possible. People in Hanoi did not give us an impression of being at all trustworthy so the tours and cruises organized by them were asking for disaster. Apart Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Apr 3, 2014
- HanoiWe arrived to Hanoi after a really long journey on an old smelly bus. While we were looking for accommodation we were surprised to see an old, cluttered city full of the north face merchandise. After we settled we had Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Apr 3, 2014
- The Most Scenic Bay in Vietnam... When you can see itToday we leave Hanoi on a comfy, not packed minibus to Halong Bay. If only we had mini busses like this one all through Laos we would have had an amazing experience! This part of the trip was partially financed Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 20, 2014
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)There was a significant layer of fog and pollution across the landscape as we wound our way up the Saigon River. There wasn't a perceivable sunrise and the lack of clear light precluded any reasonable photo captures on the Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Apr 2, 2014
- Approaching Vietnam
The sun, clouds and ocean provided an interesting sunrise and quite a crowd of people pounding the walking track. Two items of interest this morning: Lisa Moore's lecture on the physics of waves in various media and in various Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Apr 2, 2014
- Kate and Pat Eat Hanoi - Part 2Pat woke up with a head cold. At least we're getting all the illnesses out of the way in the first couple of months?
Uncle Ho's Mausoleum[/float]We headed over t Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 16, 2014
- Kate and Pat Eat HanoiBreakfast at the hotel was pretty good, except the coffee. I don't know what that brown sludge is, but it ain't coffee.
We had planned to take a cooking class in Hanoi (a wedding present from my sister and Siang) Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 15, 2014
- HueAfter Hoi An our expectation regarding Hue was quite high. Hue was the old capital of Vietnam and were the emperor was living. When we arrived there we realised that we were in quite big modern city. After settling in Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Mar 24, 2014
- Beautiful Hoi AnHoi An is the place which we really recommend as a prime holiday destination! It is the only atmospheric town that we have seen in Asia in our travels so far. The old town is not only perfectly preserved but Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Mar 24, 2014
- Halong Bay
In the morning we were picked up promptly at 8 by our bus and thankfully it was the right company (Alova Cruises) – a good start so far! On board the bus we had a very friendly and outgoing tour Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 24, 2014
- Cuc Phoung National Park
Having spent a day in Hanoi city we wanted to escape the hustle, bustle and millions of motorbikes and get out into the countryside, so we looked around for options on getting to Cuc Phoung National Park. Apart from really Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 21, 2014