- Ha Long Bay - "where the dragon descends into the sea"February 20
I got picked up right on time for my trip to Ha Long Bay. We picked up another couple, Anne and Semi from Scotland. She was very very talkative and friendly. Ha Long Bay is in northern Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 21, 2016
- Last day in HanoiFebruary 19
Spent a quiet morning on my "upgraded" deck. Here is the view from the deck.
I walked and walked and walked today. Found a walking tour of the Old Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 19, 2016
- Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi (pt 1)27/1/16 We arrived in Hoi An in the early hours of Wednesday morning and were excited to be met off our bus by one of the hotel staff who escorted us across the street (literally!) to our home for the Posted by Floglet in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Feb 18, 2016
- Hanoi - Capital of Vietnam February 17
I have had difficulties with Vietjet Air on all my domestic flights around Vietnam. So I spent the better part of the early, early morning on their hotline trying to get a seat on the flight to Hanoi. Success! Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 18, 2016
- Trekking to find My Son (pronounced Me Sun)February 16
My Son is a cluster of abandoned and partially ruined Hindu temples constructed between the 4th and 14th century by the Kings of Champa. My Son is located approximately 35 km from Hoi An set in the lush valley, Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 16, 2016
- Lanterns, lanterns everywhere!February 15
On the go again.... Off to the airport for my 9:40 am flight to Da Nang. Got there and was told my flight was delayed 2 hours. I managed to get on the 8:45 am flight instead. Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 15, 2016
- History day in Ho Chi Min February 14
Up and out by 9:30 am. Today is HCMC history day. We went to the War Remnants Musuem. Few museums anywhere convey the brutality of war and its civilian victims. Many of the atrocities documented here Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 14, 2016
- Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc is a sizeable island just off the south of Vietnam and it is located in the Gulf of Thailand. I came here anticipating that I would enjoy this little tropical vacation, but it h Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Feb 14, 2016
- Ho Chi Min City.... Big city and the Mekong DeltaFebruary 12
It was an early morning for us today. Arrived at the airport to a very long line up for our flight to Ho Chi Min City. My flight information didn't match with the airport's information. Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 13, 2016
- On to Vietnam...22/01/2016 - We boarded our bus to Vietnam at around 8am. Having been on buses that were definitely for the more budget conscious traveller we decided to treat ourselves to a trip with supposedly the best bus company in Cambodia Posted by AnitaBhogal in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Feb 13, 2016
- Cooking class and mud baths.....so much fun!February 10
We had a very busy day today. Chef Dat picked us up at our hotel promptly at 9 am. We picked up another couple, Grace and Luke, from Australia and headed out to the market. We Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 11, 2016
- Celebrating Luna New Years.....We headed up to the top floor of the Signature Saigon Hotel for our buffet breakfast, only real expecting fresh fruit and coffee. We were surprised.... Rice, stew, Pho, and the usually breakfast items.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/726731/ Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 10, 2016
- And away we go... Chuc Mung Nam Moi (Happy New Year) It's a beautiful day to fly. The sun is shining and I'm stocked up with junk food.
It's an 11.5 hour flight to Beijing, a 4.5 hour lay over, then another 5 hours to Ho Chi Min Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 6, 2016
- Can Tho in the Mekong Delta
After a brief night stay in HCMC (Saigon) I made my way to Can Tho, which I thought was a smaller town, only to find that in 2012 it had 1½ million people. Again and again Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Feb 6, 2016
- Once again in the sky - Hanoi paragliding
My flight from Hong Kong arrived in Hanoi on time. It was a sunny afternoon. After the immigration formalities, I came out with my luggage. There he Posted by gangtab in sky is the limit - Hanoi paragliding | Feb 1, 2016
- Hoi An
On the map, I have included where I am going next after Hoi An
An hour after leaving Hanoi, I landed in Danang which is considered to be Central Vietnam and I got a minivan to Hoi An Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Jan 30, 2016
- Bac Ha
I am delighted that I now have a map to go with this blog. If you hover over the dots you will see the names of the places that I have visited so far.
My early Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Jan 26, 2016
- Night on the town in SaigonLooks like it's eighties rock night at the Hard Rock Cafe... Crowd is really into it.. To funny.. After spending the day in the backpackers district taking on the sites and some great street food (Vietamamize sandwich) my all time Posted by Vietnamexpress in HCMC | Jan 25, 2016
- A paradise on earth - Sapa Valley, Vietnam
It was my second evening in Hanoi. I took an overnight train to Sapa. I love traveling by trains, well, when it is possible. I did the same when I travelled to Chiang Posted by gangtab in A paradise on earth - Sapa | Jan 24, 2016
- Uncle Ho! I'm in Your City!===Day 2 of my tour: Ho Chi Minh City.===
Some Westerners still know the city as Saigon, but it was renamed in honour of the very beloved Ho Chi Minh.
His picture was in evidence in many sho Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Nov 30, 2015
- Bai Dinh Pagoda and Trang AnHanoi is a capital of Vietnam strategically located in the north of Vietnam, not only due to its proximity with China but the city is also easily connected to various provinces in Northern Vietnam that offers some of the most Posted by kidd27 in Explore the North of Vietnam | Jan 17, 2016
- The Overnight Bus===Day Five in Ho Chi Minh City.===
There are just a few more places to visit before heading back to the dreaded NIGHT BUS... Yup! I will be travelling back to Cambodia by overnight bus, in spite of the warnings.
===Vinh Hanh Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Jan 13, 2016
- A Hue SundayA morning Church at the Cathedral followed by a tour and some great conversation with the locals
then met up with a friend of the last decade for lunch at a local restaurant. All Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 3, 2016
- Củ Chi Tunnels, Vietnam ===A Great Visit to Cù Chi Tunnels===
Just a quick little update on the past in Vietnam.
VIETNAM - MANY YEARS OF GUERRILLA WARFARE
The effects of World War II were felt in numerous countries outside of Europe. In 1940 the Germans defeated Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Jan 2, 2016
- Hue - & to the SouthEven though the chest cold is sooo annoying we long suffering travellers set off agin around 7.30. Another yummy breakfast was of course had before departure. Rather chilly and overcast. The day was quickly brightened meeting a friend of Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 2, 2016