- Vietnam Day 10 - Hanoi WanderingToday was an extra day I added to the end of my tour, so that I had an opportunity to look around the capital of Vietnam. Again, I did my usual trick of grabbing my camera and a map Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 15, 2016
- Vietnam Days 8 & 9 - Overnight in Ha Long BayWe left Hanoi in the morning and took a mini-bus to Ha Long (Descending Dragon) Bay. Again there were many interesting sights to see along the way.
[center][img=http://ph Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 15, 2016
- Vietnam Day 7 - Hoi an to Hanoi[center][left]My driver picked me up at my hotel and took me to the airport for my flight to Ha Noi. The flight was uneventful, which was good. I also got an exit row seat with extra legroom![/left]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/IMG_438 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 15, 2016
- Vietnam Day 6 - Day-Trip to Mỹ SơnI was picked up from my hotel by a mini bus and we headed west of the city for about an hour.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 14, 2016
- Vietnam Day 5 - Hoi AnI got picked up from the station and taken to my hotel in Hoi An - it was about a 30 min drive.
Once I was organised, I grabbed my camera and headed out into town and got ‘lost’ like I Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 14, 2016
- Vietnam Day 4 - Overnight train from Saigon to Da NangI took an overnight train from Hanoi to Da Nang. It was a good experience.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/IMG_390 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 14, 2016
- Day 175: Tailor-madeOh my god, first fitting at the tailor left me a little upset... The pants seemed to be coming along fine, but they are black pants, I couldn't really mess up there. Then I tried the smart casual dress and Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 13, 2016
- Vietnam: Hà Nội and Hạ Long BayMike dropped us at Vientiane airport late morning and luckily we'd given ourselves over 2 hours because we were waiting on the check-in queue (of only 10 people) for almost an hour. While we were waiting Lauren tried to change Posted by advensha in Advensha | Mar 13, 2016
- Day 174: Auld Lang SyneFelt perfectly healthy again today - woohoo! :) And the first thing on today's agenda was going to a tailor, a must do when in Hoi An it seems. I ordered two dresses and a pair of pants. Probably not Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 12, 2016
- Day 173: Lanterns, Lanterns...Arrived in Hoi An at 5.30 am, woke up the poor receptionist of my hostel in order to at least drop my backpack and sit quietly in a corner, waiting for a more decent time to start exploring the city. Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 11, 2016
- Halong Bay and a little more Hanoi01/02/2016 - We were picked up at 8am for our two day trip to Halong Bay.Once on the bus we were told by our guide that we were going to be an intimate little group of 8, on a Posted by AnitaBhogal in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Mar 12, 2016
- Vietnam Day 4 - Saigon WanderingToday there was nothing planned on my itinerary until my train trip to Da Nang in the evening, so I did what I normally do in these situations - grab a map and my camera and just start wandering!
I have Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 11, 2016
- Day 172: Blown awayStarted the day with an upset stomach. After a night with a bad stomach ache, I had to threw up twice in the morning, couldn't even hold on to a little bit of water :( So this wasn't exactly my Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 10, 2016
- Day 171: Like a fairytaleToday was a rather relaxed day which was good as it was super hot - 37 degrees if you believe the phone's weather app. First we made our way to a small ferry to cross a river - passing elephants Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 9, 2016
- Halong Bay Boat Journey
The next morning I was picked up for my trip to Halong Bay or to be more precise to Bai Tu Long Bay, which is right beside Halong. As Halong Bay, is perhaps the biggest tourist Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 10, 2016
- Day 170: Hoad the rit :)Pick-up for my extended motorbike trip was again at 8.30 am which did feel a bit early after the last night... Once Hoan had strapped my huge and heavy backpack securely to his bike and velcroed me into my protective Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 8, 2016
- Day 169: Easy RiderFor today I had booked a day tour around Da Lat with an Easy Rider, so on the back of a motorbike with a knowledgeable guide. I got picked up at 8.30 am by Hoan and off we went! Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 7, 2016
- Day 168: The sights of Da Lat...My first proper day in Da Lat was dedicated to "sightseeing" and I was joined by the lovely Danielle in my quest to see something worthwhile. Well, we started with the Lam Ty Ni Pagoda where we were the only Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 6, 2016
- Vietnam Day 3 - Cu Chi Tunnels Day TripI had my usual chicken noodle soup for breakfast at the hotel.
The morning was spent travelling to the Cu Chi Tunnels north west of the city.
[center][img=htt Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 8, 2016
- Vietnam Day 2 - Mekong Delta Day TripI was picked up by mini bus from my hotel and we drove through Saigon peak hour traffic to a central place where all the day trip busses were parked.
[center][img=http://photos.tra Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 7, 2016
- Vietnam Day 1 - Saigon My flight was one of the good ones – uneventful!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/Saigon_-_Day_1_-_03 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 7, 2016
- Sapa to HanoiI arrived back to Sapa by early evening and found a room easily at the Family Guesthouse which I had noticed before and the room was just lovely for $15 CAD a night and this included a view (which Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 7, 2016
- At the end, of the trip, some are sick, some are notI'm still horribly sick so stay in bed most of the day while the others had an ok breakfast at the hotel then went shopping. They came and stopped in before going out to lunch at Go and getting a Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 7, 2016
- Day 167: Hide and seekWas scheduled to leave Mui Ne at 1 pm and because everybody was already on the bus we actually left about 20 minutes earlier - crazy! ;) The bus was only Asians and then five European travellers - and they Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 5, 2016
- It's so damn hot...Bun Bo Hue was a bad choiceWe met for breakfast at 6.30 - huge serves of delicious food as usual. I only ate a bit of fruit as still felt pretty off. A taxi took us the 35 minutes to Dong Hoi airport for our flight Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 6, 2016