- Day 170: Hoad the rit :)Pick-up for my extended motorbike trip was again at 8.30 am which did feel a bit early after the last night... Once Hoan had strapped my huge and heavy backpack securely to his bike and velcroed me into my protective Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 8, 2016
- Day 169: Easy RiderFor today I had booked a day tour around Da Lat with an Easy Rider, so on the back of a motorbike with a knowledgeable guide. I got picked up at 8.30 am by Hoan and off we went! Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 7, 2016
- Day 168: The sights of Da Lat...My first proper day in Da Lat was dedicated to "sightseeing" and I was joined by the lovely Danielle in my quest to see something worthwhile. Well, we started with the Lam Ty Ni Pagoda where we were the only Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 6, 2016
- Vietnam Day 3 - Cu Chi Tunnels Day TripI had my usual chicken noodle soup for breakfast at the hotel.
The morning was spent travelling to the Cu Chi Tunnels north west of the city.
[center][img=htt Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 8, 2016
- Vietnam Day 2 - Mekong Delta Day TripI was picked up by mini bus from my hotel and we drove through Saigon peak hour traffic to a central place where all the day trip busses were parked.
[center][img=http://photos.tra Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 7, 2016
- Vietnam Day 1 - Saigon My flight was one of the good ones – uneventful!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/Saigon_-_Day_1_-_03 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 7, 2016
- Sapa to HanoiI arrived back to Sapa by early evening and found a room easily at the Family Guesthouse which I had noticed before and the room was just lovely for $15 CAD a night and this included a view (which Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 7, 2016
- At the end, of the trip, some are sick, some are notI'm still horribly sick so stay in bed most of the day while the others had an ok breakfast at the hotel then went shopping. They came and stopped in before going out to lunch at Go and getting a Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 7, 2016
- Day 167: Hide and seekWas scheduled to leave Mui Ne at 1 pm and because everybody was already on the bus we actually left about 20 minutes earlier - crazy! ;) The bus was only Asians and then five European travellers - and they Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 5, 2016
- It's so damn hot...Bun Bo Hue was a bad choiceWe met for breakfast at 6.30 - huge serves of delicious food as usual. I only ate a bit of fruit as still felt pretty off. A taxi took us the 35 minutes to Dong Hoi airport for our flight Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 6, 2016
- Day 166: Sand dunesGot up relatively early so that I would have time to hit the beach before going in a tour of the famous Mui Ne sand dunes in the afternoon. According to my hotel's description it is located "just minutes away Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 4, 2016
- Day 165: Leaving Ho Chi Minh CityBecause I didn't want to get up early the third day in a row, I booked the bus to Mui Ne at 2 pm. So in the morning I thought I could finally check out the big Ben Thanh market Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 3, 2016
- Squeezing into Secret CaveBecause of cosy cocoon hammock, today is the first day I wasn't up early and keen to get moving (cold and uncomfortable trumps tired any day). We were told to be up at 7.30am, which is still a sleep in Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 5, 2016
- The DescentThe morning mist on the river was eerie and beautiful and we had another nice breakfast before packing up for today's adventure.
Today was the best day of the trip*. I am confident making this call, even though it is Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 4, 2016
- Yuang Yang Rice Terraces continued
That evening I met a Chinese couple and their friend and they spoke English quite well. To my delight they invited me to spend the day with them tomorrow as they had their own car. Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 4, 2016
- Getting our trek onWe woke up early today, mostly due to being uncomfortable. The first thing Tinny called out was "Eri did you sleep terribly?". Yes, yes we did. It was the (cold, painful) dark before the dawn though; as we saw the Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 4, 2016
- Welcome to the Jungle
Caving trek! After a hasty breakfast (with a ridiculously good omelette in fresh baguette) it was an hour and a half drive from Phong Nha to Oxalis's office at the sta Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 3, 2016
- Day 164: Fruit and veggiesAnother early start on the second day of the Mekong delta tour. Left the hotel at 7.15 am to take a boat to the floating market of Cai Rang which are loads of boats with various fruit and vegetables piled Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 2, 2016
- Day 163: Cruising the MekongMy tour to the Mekong delta started at 7.30 am and we first went to Ben Tre which is about two hours away from Ho Chi Minh City. In Ben Tre our group of 15 people got on a motorboat Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 1, 2016
- Are we there yet?We hired a car to take us to Phong Nha, a 6.5 hour drive from Hoi An. Phong Nha was the spark that enticed us on this trip to Vietnam - a four day cave trek.
We assumed the transport Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 3, 2016
- Day 162: ShowtimeNot exactly sure how but the morning got away from me and I had a rather late start of my day. I wanted to visit the War Remnants Museum, by the time I made there though - fending of guys Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 29, 2016
- Day 161: The traffic!Started the day by getting a bit organised for Vietnam: booked a short 2-day tour to the Mekong delta and got an open tour bus pass to travel north afterwards. I also got a hold of a map of HCMC Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 28, 2016
- Day 160: To VietnamWell, turns out traffic in Bangkok on Sunday mornings isn't that bad and I was super early at the airport. The counter wasn't even open for another hour... But better too early than too late ;)
The flight to Ho Chi Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 27, 2016
- Mopeds to Marble MountainLast day in Hoi An! Unfortunately it was lightly drizzling, and we had planned to hire mopeds and ride to Marble Mountain. The weather was meant to clear in the afternoon and none of us were crazy about riding in Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 3, 2016
- I can totally cook*Cook day! Today we'd booked on a cooking course that was recommended to us by friends, Thuan Tinh Island Cooking Tour. We were collected from the hotel and taken to the markets to buy the ingredients. It was a good Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Feb 27, 2016