- Vietnam & more....Our long awaited holiday finally arrived! After a long drive out to the airport, one hour delay in departing we were on our way. We had a good flight with very little turbulence. Geoff ended up with a spare seat Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Sep 23, 2014
- Mekong Delta-My Tho & Ben Tre villageMy previous travel to Ho Chi Minh city aka Saigon did not include a trip to Mekong Delta as I was not able to fit my backpacking schedule to add this trip to the itinerary. That was 8 years ago. Posted by kidd27 in Island Beyond The Entertainment Paradise | Sep 20, 2014
- Week 26Monday
It was gone 10 by the time we rose from our deep sleeps. We made it out for breakfast but returned by 12 where we decided to have a power nap. The nap turned into a legitimate sleep when the Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Sep 18, 2014
- Back To Where It All Began
The Central Post Office, Ho Chi Minh city
Yes, Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon was where all the backpacking story began. Eight years ago, I stepped my foot on the soil of this co Posted by kidd27 in Island Beyond The Entertainment Paradise | Sep 18, 2014
- Week 25Monday
We over slept our alarm again and headed out to the killing fields around midday with Joe and James.
There was an audio set to listen to. I had no idea how Posted by katiebeckett in Working in Watamu, Kenya 2014 | Sep 18, 2014
- Good Morning Vietnam!!Today we travel to Hanoi in Vietnam. After several rides on the underground, (and a rather hairy moment when Matt managed to get on the train whilst Laura was left behind when the doors shut without warning), we arrived back Posted by PocketfulOfDong in PocketfulofDong in South East Asia | Sep 15, 2014
- Past the halfway pointI purchased my plane ticket home a few weeks ago. I will be landing at JFK on November 13th, almost 4 months to the day after I left. If my math is correct (but it's certainly possible that Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Mui Ne, VietnamHello everyone!
In this post,I will be continuing on about my next destination, Mui Ne,which is north of Ho Chi Minh (HCM).
As I did not plan or book anything for this trip other than my plane ticket from Singapore, I had Posted by cheahwenbin in 31 days in Vietnam! | Sep 13, 2014
- Home of Ho Chi MinhMany people prefer Hanoi to Saigon, but for me it was the opposite. Hanoi does have a nice lake in town and the residence of Ho Chi Minh, who is credited with freeing Vietnam from French and US occupation. As Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Sep 2, 2014
- Public transport in the Mekong DeltaAs the last major city in the south of Vietnam, from HCMC the next step for most people is Cambodia. However, I had heard great things about the very southern part of Vietnam in the Mekong Delta. I managed to Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jun 14, 2014
- Vietnam ...continued===Week 2 and 1/2===
It rained the whole trip to Nha Trang, stopping momentarily as we walked to our hotel – Nha Trang Inn. Nice small hotel about a five minute walk from the beach. Rooms are basic, A/C Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 30, 2014
- Vietnam 2014 – South to NorthI've been back almost a week...still feeling jet lag. Computer problems on my end made posting along the way difficult - sorry. Hope you enjoyed what are now (mostly) wonderful memories of our trip.
==Thurs - 24 Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 30, 2014
- Ho Chi Minh, VietnamHello!
I am Wenbin from Singapore and this blog is about my backpacking trip to Vietnam 2 months ago!
For those who intend to visit Vietnam in the near future,I hope the information here will give you a better insight on Posted by cheahwenbin in 31 days in Vietnam! | Aug 29, 2014
- Hanging out in Ho Chi Minh CityI left Dalat for Ho Chi Minh city absolutely broken! My body was aching all over and I was still tied from the canyoning even after having a big sleep. On the bus to the HCMC I met 3 girls, Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jun 11, 2014
- Adventuring in DalatFrom Hoi An, I took an overnight bus to Dalat, which stopped briefly at Nha Trang in the morning; a beach resort which I had heard to steer clear from... a quick peak at the beach confirmed this, as it Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jun 1, 2014
- Eating in Hué and Hoi AnAfter my interesting train journey with the locals, I arrived late in Hué and went straight for food at a famous pho Hué stall. Pho is traditional Vietnamese noodle soup, which is supposed to be the best in Hué, and Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | May 28, 2014
- The difficulty with parting waysAnyone who has traveled knows that the end of any trip comes with mixed feelings. One is glad that they are headed home, but one is also saddened by the ending of the bonds of friendship one has Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Aug 17, 2014
- The last day in VietnamSpontaneous decision: I'll be flying to Luang Prabang in Laos today. I didn't have that on my list but heard so many tempting things about it that I could not resist. But I don't want to leave this place without Posted by Augensternchen in Verena's Big Trip | Aug 10, 2014
- Back on the Train AgainThe train from Saigon to Hanoi was the most basic I’ve been on this trip, reflecting the relative wealth of the countries. I chose “hard sleeper”, which actually was kind of hard - 3 tiers of sleeper. I was on Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Aug 9, 2014
Sometimes I arrive in a place and I just like it, even against preconceived expectations. I liked Saigon, 10 million people and all, with 5 million motorcycles. V Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Aug 9, 2014
- Farewell to the MekongMy last experience of the Mekong was the border crossing into Vietnam. After leaving Cambodian immigration I travelled to the Vietnamese border further down the river by boat. That gives me almost the full set of modes of transport across Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Aug 9, 2014
- Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh, VietnamThis paragraph from Lonely Planet's website summarizes what we knew about Hoi An before we arrived:
"Graceful historic Hoi An is Vietnam’s most atmospheric and delightful town. Once a major port, it boasts the grand architecture and beguiling riverside Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Aug 9, 2014
- From Mango Bay back to ... SaigonThis, it seems hard to believe, will likely be my last entry into this travel blog. We've come full circle ... back to Ho Chi Minh City, where we began our trip. Last night, over dinner, we compared notes about Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Aug 2, 2014
- Vietnam Days 17 and 18On Wednesday we drove north to Danang, Vietnam's 3rd largest city, which we wished we'd had more time to visit. Alas, we were just grabbing a flight on to Ho Chi Minh City (a.k.a. Saigon).
As we drove into HCMC, Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 2, 2014
- Lessons from Cu ChiOur last major visit on this trip were the Cu Chi Tunnels, about 1.5 hours outside of Ho Chi Minh City. Our guide and the hotels suggest that residents prefer the city to be called Saigon, but until I Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Aug 1, 2014