- SaigonLanded at 12 this morning. On our way I took some pictures if Vietnam from the plane, look how dense the fields are, no wonder so many Americans perished in the most senseless wars of all. The other picture is Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 4, 2014
- Hoi An, VietnamHello everyone!
Today's post will be about Hoi An! Hoi An is furthur north of Nha Trang. It took about 12 hours by sleeper bus from Nha Trang and it cost about USD$14. I was really looking forward to Hoi Posted by cheahwenbin in 31 days in Vietnam! | Nov 1, 2014
- Cat Ba adventures'LET'S GO!!!' - This was the much used catchphrase of our guide in the Cat Ba national park.
'For sure!' - This was the response of our German, heavy metal following, bandana wearing, cigar smoking fellow travellers Franz and Voltraude!
We headed Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 17, 2014
- Bikes and beachesSimply loving our time on Cat Ba Island. Today we hired bikes from the homestay and cycled down into Cat Ba Town. Our target was Cannon Fort, billed the best view in Vietnam according to Lonely Planet. It took some Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 13, 2014
- Cat Ba homestaySo I think we got some sleep on the train and arrived into Hanoi at 05:30am. By all reports Hanoi is busy and because we're too scared to cross the road we headed straight back out. Taxi to the bus Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 13, 2014
- Sleeper trainAfter a couple of days in Hoi An we're now on the sleeper train to Hanoi, from where we head straight to Cat Ba national park (near Halong Bay). The train is pretty basic, we've got a lower bunk each Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 13, 2014
- Vietnamese Cooking... the recipes!I apologise for the wait....!
As promised, here are the recipes and instructions for the food we learned how to make at cafe 43.
Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf
1 tsp smashed ginger
1/2 white onion
1/4 red pepper
bunch spring onions
sm Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Oct 11, 2014
- Hoi AnYesterday we were back on a plane and flew to Danang on the coast in central Vietnam (don't worry our next journey is by land!) A short transfer and we were in Hoi An greeted by very nice coconut cakes, Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 10, 2014
- Mud mud glorious mudIts rainy season in the beautiful beach resort of Nha Trang so what better to do after a hard couple of days rafting and cycling than a little trip to the spa? This spa was a little different to most Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 8, 2014
- Scorchio!===Hoi An===[float=right][/float]
Hey guys – how you all doing? How’s work today? Dull? Boring? Stressful? Ah you poor things. Well its 35 degrees here, the sun is shining, the s Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Oct 7, 2014
- time to head home8th Oct - OMG holiday finished! How quick has the past 17 days gone.
What an educational experience we have had. The trip has exceeded everyone's expectations, we have learnt so much history, been privileged to be invited into the local Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Oct 7, 2014
- Saigon7th Oct - this morning we are going on a jeep ride through Saigon...OMG how much fun but I guess came with mixed feelings. We were picked up from our hotel in a U.S. army jeep and taken to the Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Oct 7, 2014
- Tour De Nha TrangToday we were on the road again, moving from Dalat in the mountains to Nha Trang on the coast. This journey was special though as we did it on a bike! Accompanied in the riding team by Ming and support Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 7, 2014
- Sa Dec5th Oct - I can't believe we are nearing the end of our holiday! Our last trip away was almost 5 weeks and we were itching to get home, 17 days and we need another week, there is no pleasing Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Oct 6, 2014
- Rafting the rapids in VietnamWWWWWOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO!! We're now in Dalat in the southwest highlands of Vietnam and today we've been white water rafting!! It was totally amazing. We got picked up in a minibus from our guesthouse and rode about 45mins, along a bumpy track Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 6, 2014
- Dalat tasting menuYesterday we flew from HCMC (or should I say fled) to Dalat in the highlands. The temperature here is more like 23 degrees and very pleasant. We borrowed some bikes from our hotel and walked into town (I am not Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 6, 2014
- A Holiday within a Holiday at Cat BaFirst of all, I am completley lame at keeping up with this blog. Rather than admit I am lazy, (and also very busy), I blame it on not having a notebook, (the paper kind). So now my mission to find Posted by PocketfulOfDong in PocketfulofDong in South East Asia | Oct 5, 2014
- Ho Chi MingingTo quote Sarah as we arrived back to the safe haven of our guest room "Ho Chi Minh sucks!" We were only ever going to stay one night anyway and booked a flight to Dalat for tomorrow from the airport Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 4, 2014
- Hoi An and Quy NhonHoi an was a pleasant bus ride from Hue. Some of the scenery along the route was stunning, and it is an area strongly recommended for easy riders, but something we didn't do. We had our hotel booked for the Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Oct 3, 2014
- Hue, VietnamBefore we arrived in Hue, the bus stopped in dong Ha which is about two hours from Hue. Dong Ha is very close to the old DMZ (De-militarized zone) and while we were having breakfast there, the cafe owner asked Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Oct 3, 2014
- Ninh BinhNinh Binh was a great stop on our way south. I ended up staying 4 nights there. I stayed at the New Queen Mini Hotel, which was great. The room was decent and the staff were really friendly. They advised Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Oct 3, 2014
- Glam Packing in VietnamTo celebrate Jason’s birthday in style, albeit a week late, we checked into the Sofitel Legend Metropole in Hanoi for a couple of nights of luxury. The Sofitel is the best hotel in Hanoi with history dating back over Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Oct 3, 2014
- Dalat,VietnamHello everyone!
Today I will be continuing on my next destination Dalat! Before I came to Vietnam, I had never heard of this place and my first impression was that Dalat would be similar to Ho Chi Minh.
I could not have Posted by cheahwenbin in 31 days in Vietnam! | Oct 1, 2014
- Good Morning Vietnam!After a 2 day flight delay in China, China Airlines eventually delivered us safely to Vietnam at 2am… and Jase’s bag to Shanghai. You’ve gotta love China!
The 2 day delay being stuck in China was bad enough but the Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Sep 29, 2014
- Say goodbye to VietnamWe awoke to yet another beautiful morning in Ha Long Bay, today is our last day here and we will be sad to say goodbye, yet excited to start our adventure in Cambodia. This mornings excursion is a boat ride Posted by Duzzy 64 in Discover Vietnam & Cambodia | Sep 26, 2014