- Day 183: Halong BayAfter a rather pleasant train ride - good company and I could actually sleep - we arrived in Hanoi around 7.45 am, a bit more than 2 hours later than planned. I had actually booked a trip to Halong Bay Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 21, 2016
- Day 182: CavesToday I went on a day trip to the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park to see the Paradise Cave and the Phong Nha Cave. Driving into the National Park it was already very beautiful, just so lush. To get to Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 20, 2016
- March 23 - CHAN MAY, VIETNAM
Marble Mountain (one of five formations) is near Da Nang and China Beach.
Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 24, 2016
- Hanoi, Can Tho and Ho Chi Minh CityBack in Hanoi, I had hoped to take in a show that night of Traditional Vietnamese Music and Dance, but sadly, didn’t realize that it was only on Saturdays, so instead I found a lovely little Vietnamese restaurant, that also Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 22, 2016
- March 21 - HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM
Our cameras took a rest on Palm Sunday. Monday morning, we took an early shuttle back into the city to pick-up our glasses and see how the tailor did.
[img=http: Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 21, 2016
- March 19 - HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM
Independent exploration is possible in many of the countries we visit since Crystal frequently provides a shuttle service. An hour'’s drive from the port and here we are in downtown Ho Chi Minh Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 21, 2016
- Day 181: Husband Vietnam!Took the train from Hue to Dong Hoi, the perfect opportunity to mingle with the locals... There weren't many people on my coach but I was sitting opposite a very nice Vietnamese family. We started talking a bit, with the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 19, 2016
- Day 180: DMZToday I did a day tour to the DMZ, the de-militarised zone. I felt like I had to do it since I am here and it was, well, a long day on the bus... I got picked up around 7.30 Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 18, 2016
- Day 2 - Ho Chi MinhStarted the morning with maple syrup soaked waffles, hash browns and coco pops - that was yummmmy!
Then we went to Vinh nghiem pagoda . We saw people praying for Buddha and then light in Posted by BJDenDen in Vietnam 2016 | Mar 19, 2016
- Day 179: Tombs and PagodasI arranged through my hostel to have a driver pick me up in the morning to show me around some more places of interest in Hue. He seemed like a very nice guy but spoke only little English so he Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 17, 2016
- Vietnam: Hội AnThe morning of our departure from Huế was a little frazzling. I realised late in the evening that I'd left my camera repair receipt at the shop and without one I'd have no chance of claiming through my insurance. So Posted by advensha in Advensha | Mar 18, 2016
- Day 1 - Ho Chi MinhSo our plans for the kids to fall sound asleep immediately after take off at 12:30am didn't exactly work according to plan. (Surprise surprise). By the time we arrived in HCM city we were all exhausted, so it was straight Posted by BJDenDen in Vietnam 2016 | Mar 18, 2016
- Day 178: The Imperial CityArrived in Hue around noon and ventured out to the city's citadel soon afterwards. This is where the emperors used to live, all walled in and now it's a UNESCO heritage site. Got there with a bunch of tourist groups Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 16, 2016
- Vietnam: HuếWhen we got to Hanoi Railway Station our train was conveniently already on the platform. We found our coach (4-berth soft-sleeper) and located our cabin. Our cabin-mates were Patty and Rusty, a lovely older couple from the US. We all Posted by advensha in Advensha | Mar 17, 2016
- Day 177: Marble MountainI had booked an Easy Rider tour around Da Nang for today. Maddie and Abby, the two girls from Canada, wanted to do the same tour only they were to be brought to Hoi An at the end of it Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 15, 2016
- Day 176: Da NangBefore leaving Hoi An today, I had one more appointment with the tailor. Everything was great and a guy from the post office came to the shop so that I could ship my clothes as I couldn't possibly fit my Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 14, 2016
- Vietnam Day 10 - Hanoi WanderingToday was an extra day I added to the end of my tour, so that I had an opportunity to look around the capital of Vietnam. Again, I did my usual trick of grabbing my camera and a map Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 15, 2016
- Vietnam Days 8 & 9 - Overnight in Ha Long BayWe left Hanoi in the morning and took a mini-bus to Ha Long (Descending Dragon) Bay. Again there were many interesting sights to see along the way.
[center][img=http://ph Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 15, 2016
- Vietnam Day 7 - Hoi an to Hanoi[center][left]My driver picked me up at my hotel and took me to the airport for my flight to Ha Noi. The flight was uneventful, which was good. I also got an exit row seat with extra legroom![/left]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/IMG_438 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 15, 2016
- Vietnam Day 6 - Day-Trip to Mỹ SơnI was picked up from my hotel by a mini bus and we headed west of the city for about an hour.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 14, 2016
- Vietnam Day 5 - Hoi AnI got picked up from the station and taken to my hotel in Hoi An - it was about a 30 min drive.
Once I was organised, I grabbed my camera and headed out into town and got ‘lost’ like I Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 14, 2016
- Vietnam Day 4 - Overnight train from Saigon to Da NangI took an overnight train from Hanoi to Da Nang. It was a good experience.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/IMG_390 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 14, 2016
- Day 175: Tailor-madeOh my god, first fitting at the tailor left me a little upset... The pants seemed to be coming along fine, but they are black pants, I couldn't really mess up there. Then I tried the smart casual dress and Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 13, 2016
- Vietnam: Hà Nội and Hạ Long BayMike dropped us at Vientiane airport late morning and luckily we'd given ourselves over 2 hours because we were waiting on the check-in queue (of only 10 people) for almost an hour. While we were waiting Lauren tried to change Posted by advensha in Advensha | Mar 13, 2016
- Day 174: Auld Lang SyneFelt perfectly healthy again today - woohoo! :) And the first thing on today's agenda was going to a tailor, a must do when in Hoi An it seems. I ordered two dresses and a pair of pants. Probably not Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 12, 2016