- Day 23 Vietnam Hanoi
Hanoi is mental. Crossing the road involves walking at a steady confident pace looking straight ahead and hoping everything weaves around you. The scooters drive on both sides of the r Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 11, 2013
- Day 25 Hospital Cave
This morning we rented a back firing scooter from the hostel and headed to Cat Ba Island's National Park. The drive was bea Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 11, 2013
- Back to Yak![center]
I expected my Mongolia diet to have dishes containing one of these
some of these
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/609173/M_Goat.jp Posted by ChipFondue in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Nov 11, 2013
- Cyclone Haiyan Updatejust in regards to the cyclone coming towards Vietnam, I have had a few people checking if it was coming near to where I am. So it made landfall at 7am (currently 8.30am) but after devastating the Philippines initially it Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Nov 10, 2013
- Sunday Night Update - MAD Vespa tour of SaigonDaddy and I just back from a crazy 4-hour tour of Saigon on two Vespas, thankfully driven by two locals (who are practically born and grow up on these machines); quite apart from the mind-blowing traffic, the street food in Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 10, 2013
- Laskeutuvien lohikäärmeiden lahtiNoin neljän tunnin ajomatkan päässä Hanoista, sijaitsee Ha Long Bay, yksi UNESCO:n maailmanperintökohteista.
Taianomainen saaristo, täynnä pieniä saaria, jotka kohoavat merestä jyrkkänä kallioseinämänä.
Ha Long Bay tarkoittaa suomeksi laskeut Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Nov 10, 2013
- Sorry for the lack of news....Now in Saigon!Sorry for the lack of recent blogs, but you will have heard that I came down with a nasty bug the day after we arrived in Foshan...more later.
We had a good rest in Guilin which was just as well as Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 10, 2013
- Oh the places you'll goSo I made it. Few long hours sitting on the plane and wandering a Taiwanese airport I arrived at Ho Chi Minh City. I was lucky enough to be on an empty flight so sleeping was easy.
[img=htt Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Nov 9, 2013
- VietnamFinnairin avattua Hanoin yhteytensä kesäkuussa 2013, päätimme hyödyntää asiaa ja suunnitella kesän reissun sen ympärille.
2010 käväistiin Vietnam-Kambodza-Laos -retkellä ja nähtiin otoksia eteläosista. Nyt kohdistettiin reissu pohjoisempaan.
Koko re Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Nov 9, 2013
- Da LatĐà Lạt is located 1,500 m above sea level in the southern parts of the Central Highlands region. Becs had been drinking Da Lat wine since we got to Veitnam so we guessed there were vinyards as well as coffee Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Nov 7, 2013
- Mui Ne So after the chaos of Saigon it was nice to be heading the Mui Ne for some rest and relaxation on the beach!
We managed to find another bargain room when we got off the bus. $10 US a night for Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Nov 6, 2013
- Saigon (HCMC)When you think of Vietnam you think of Saigon - I have always wanted to come here and it did not disappoint!!
It is chaos, More motorbikes then people, Dicing with death trying to cross the roads, Street food Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Nov 6, 2013
- Phu QuocSo we caught the bus from Kampot over the border to Ha Tien.
The most undeveloped border crossing...
We were suppose to take the Ferry the same day but 'apparently' it Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Nov 6, 2013
- Danang, Vietnam My kye Beach
We arrived in Danang by train, which would have been a beautiful ride along the mountainous coastline, were it not for the rain. It was also raining here as well, and fairly dismal in this seaside resort Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 1, 2013
- The Mekong Delta, Việt NamUp early and checked out, we were ready to be picked up for our tour into the Mekong Delta. We left our big backpacks at the hotel (as we would be staying one more night after the tour) and boarded Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 12, 2013
- Hồ Chí Minh, Việt NamWe were at Da Nang airport with plenty of time thanks to our private taxi transfer from Hoi An, but when we checked the Departure Board could not understand why our flight was missing?!? We asked at the JetStar Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 11, 2013
- Why don't you speak Vietnamese?I am commonly asked how long I have lived in Vietnam and when I reply 2 years, the next question that follows is whether I speak Vietnamese. I usually give the simple answer, which is 'No', with a brief justification Posted by lucid in Life in Vietnam | Oct 26, 2013
- The first week
Having lived abroad before, nothing about Ho Chi Minh city has come as a shock. The supermarkets are full of familiar items that I used to see in Taiwan, the streets are similar to Thailand an Posted by lucid in A new life in Saigon | Oct 26, 2013
- Đà NẵngBack on the Reunification Express heading to DaNang, some further 600km north up the coast. Quickly leaving NhaTrang behind me… which is exactly where I want it. I didn’t have a great experience in NhaTrang and quite glad to be Posted by Logan Crerar in Travelling the Mekong | Oct 26, 2013
- Mekong DeltaOn our last day in HCMC we went to the Mekong Delta, just a couple of hours on the bus from the city. Along the way we spotted tonnes of gravestones/tombs in the middle of rice paddies. Seemed like a Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 23, 2013
- Ho Chi Minh So I write this having spent 3 nights here. The city itself takes it out of you and, in our opinion, doesn't give enough back to compensate. We've had some ups and downs in Ho Chi Minh...
Although Hanoi is Vietnam's Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 23, 2013
- Hội An, Việt NamThe bus from Hue was only about 4 hours and very straightforward. As usual when we arrived at the bus station there was the usual crowd of touts selling their services, although this now also included having a suit Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 6, 2013
- Huế, Việt NamAfter a remarkably good nights sleep on the 12 hour night bus from Ha Noi through some amazing thunderstorms, we arrived in Hue at around 07.30. Annoyingly our bags (which had been in the hold under the bus) were Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 3, 2013
- Hà Nội, Việt Nam (again!)After a long time in a coffee shop waiting for our night train to Hue we went back to Ethnic Travel to get our tickets and bags and be picked up to go to the train station...
... however once at Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 2, 2013
- Ha Long Bay, Việt NamAn early morning start at 7:30 (well for us) we checked out of our hotel and headed to Ethic Travel to start our trip to Ha Long Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay. We arrived a little early and Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Sep 30, 2013