- Days 61-64: Hue, VietnamComplicated getting here, since I had to drop Paige off at the airport. Paid maybe five times what I should've in the taxi. Almost got ripped off on the bus ticket. The bus stopped every few minutes Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | May 11, 2014
- Ho Chi MinhHo Chi Minh is a fantastic city. We fell in love with it instantly!
From the madness of the millions of scooters and mental traffic, to the street food stalls, markets, people playing drafts in the park Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | May 6, 2014
- Relaxing in Hoi AnWe came to Vietnam with the intention of moving here and finding jobs teaching English. Then we discovered workaway (volunteering a few hours a day for free room and board) and decided that could help finance our travels so we Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | May 6, 2014
- Zach's guest blogBlogging has proven to be tough for me because it's so hard to put all of my feelings and experiences into words. Often, I feel like it's boring and most things you really just need to experience to understand. So Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | May 6, 2014
- Into VietnamRather then sit on a long bus journey across the border, we decided to break up the journey and cross into Vietnam by bus and boat.
After a slightly hairy minibus ride, where our driver was convienced he was a formula Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | May 5, 2014
- Hanoi'ing. The real city that never sleeps.What does a fridge, an inflatable ring duck and a family of five have in common?
I've seen them all being transported by moped in Hanoi
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/671615/Moped.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/671615/thumb_Mope Posted by WHYDT in SE Asia: 2 Loveburds, 1 Month. | May 5, 2014
- This is the end.Well it's been a fun ride. I spent some of my last days in Hoi An, a small coastal town in Vietnam. There I walked around the town, saw My Son - a cluster of abandoned and partially ruined Hindu Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | May 3, 2014
- Heather & James travels - Thailand & VietnamHello one and all,
Hope this email finds you well, and that you have enjoyed your Easter, and ANZAC Day (for all you Aussie's), and St George's Day for all you poms.
It has been nearly five weeks since my last email Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 28, 2006
- Next stop Vietnam...It's our last night in Phuket (and the last night of our 4 star resort *sniff*) and Thailand, as tomorrow we'll be jetting off to Ho Chi Minh city (formerly known as Saigon). We have 3 weeks all up in Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 7, 2006
- Good Morning, Vietnam!Our first day in Ho Chi Minh (formerly Saigon) was spent dragging ourselves around town.
The first activity was to book all the tours that we were going to do for our time in HCM, as we wanted to ensure that Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 10, 2006
- The Leader is good, the Leader is great...I surrender my will as of this date.
Well, we have just done a bit of a tour of the Cu Chi tunnels and the War Remants Museum and it was a bit of an eye opener. Obviously, as the old Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 10, 2006
- Grrrrr....Just finished 2 days cruising the Mekong Delta on a number of small boats. It was a great to laze back in the sun and watch the world float by. As part of the tour, we stopped off at a Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 14, 2006
- Fortunately we didn't know in advanceOver the last couple of days, we have been travelling to a remote town called Da Lat, which is in South-Central Highlands of Vietnam. We had not originally planned to come here, however we had a met a backpacker who Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 15, 2006
- Nha TrangToday we arrived in Nha Trang after a 6 hour bus ride from Da Lat. We set off at 8am and hunkered down for the excruciating pain of the bumpy Vietnamese roads. It was however worth every jolt, as we Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 17, 2006
- This is the life...This morning we had a snorkelling trip in the bay surrounding Nah Trang, with Rainbow Dives. As it was our third one, we were pretty used to it. It was very enjoyable, but to be honest nothing outstandingly different, except Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 19, 2006
- Way to go...After a few days in Nha Trang, it was on to the SE2 train for a trip to Hue (which is actually pronounced Way). Although it was a day time trip, our start time was 4am so we made sure Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 27, 2006
- Vietnam - Hue, Hanoi and Ha Long BayWe took the train from Da Nang to the Imperial City of Huế. The train from Da Nang to Huế is one of the prettiest stretches of train travel in all of Vietnam. On one side, steep cliffs falling Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Apr 29, 2014
- Days 51 & 52Walked thru a night market, which was fun, but similar to most other Asian night markets I've seen.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/658901/large_9288D2C42219AC6817A47C80A28418AD.j Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 28, 2014
- Day 50One last drink on the beach and I hoped on an overnight bus to Vietnam.
After a quick goodbye to the beaut Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 25, 2014
- Vietnam - Ho Chi Min, Hoi An and Da Nang(These last few entries are horribly late - when we got home, life just sort of took over. We hope to wrap up the tales of Our Great Escape shortly.)
When we booked the trip, Vietnam was probably the place I Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Apr 25, 2014
- Welcome to Hanoi... CAN YOU SPEAK UP PLEASE!!==When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable, it is designed to make its own people comfortable. - Clifton Fadiman==
===Pho is one of our favourite breakfast foods (well an Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Apr 20, 2014
- Castaways...Starting 2014 on Halong BayBefore we start you all need to be aware of the rules
1. No drinking with your right hand...if you do, down your drink. Buffalo!
2. If you say the words 'mine' or 'ten' do ten push-ups
3. If Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Apr 19, 2014
- Hanoi....only 4 months late!Sorry sorry I know I've been rubbish at keeping this updated...but it's hard...I legit spent tons of time in Nepal catching up on about 2 months of my own diary (by torchlight...but we'll get to that) let alone blogging :/ Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Apr 19, 2014
- We're going Up Country ...So, it’s been way, way too long and as ever, apologies for that. We’re aware that we’re about to head off on another adventure in a week or so and we haven’t written anything about the last one … Posted by TheBackyard in A Comrade's Guide to Vietnam | Apr 9, 2014
- Halong Bay from Cat Ba IslandAfter some consideration we decided to see Halong Bay as independently as possible. People in Hanoi did not give us an impression of being at all trustworthy so the tours and cruises organized by them were asking for disaster. Apart Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Apr 3, 2014