- What a contrast - Ho Chi Minh City here we are!==Ho Chi Minh City==
Motorcycles, cars, people everywhere. "Speak louder, can't hear you!" honking is happening constantly all around you. There is no blinking left or right, just the sound of "Watch out, I'm passing here!" from all sides at the Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Apr 20, 2016
- Never Coming Home...So after my first blog post where I boasted the fact that neither Morgan or I had yet come down with any belly issues, within less than an hour of posting that, my stomach began to feel unwell.
Fast forward Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | Apr 16, 2016
- Day 192: Final dayToday was my last day in Hanoi and also my last day travelling - incredible how fast half a year went by!
Didn't really do much - packed of course and then had some food, bought a couple of souvenirs and Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 30, 2016
- Hoi AnThe posts are slowing down. Resorts do that to you. We are sure that you are all swimming in warm water, drinking Long Island Iced Teas by the pool and eating local Vietnamese food too and don't want to hear Posted by BJDenDen in Vietnam 2016 | Mar 31, 2016
- Day 191: Ho Chi MinhArrived in Hanoi at 5.20 am and walked to my hostel to rest for a while before heading out. It's really interesting this early in the city, half the people are on the streets doing their morning gymnastics, very seriously! Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 29, 2016
- Day 190: Bamboo forestSlept nicely under a mountain of blankets but still got a cold when I woke up in the morning :( After an enormous pancake breakfast, Bla and I went on today's 3-hour trek shortly before 10 am - at first Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 28, 2016
- Heading to Hoi AnIt felt like the end of a dream when we checked out of Siagon Morin and our super spacious deluxe room. I say we have now set the expectations for the kids too high to ever come down to slum Posted by BJDenDen in Vietnam 2016 | Mar 29, 2016
- Day 189: Mud slideArrived in Lao Cai exactly on time at 6.20 am and quickly found my pick-up to go to Sapa. I was expecting it to be freezing immediately but it wasn't so bad. On the bus someone was saying though Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 27, 2016
- Hanoi, Vietnam
We landed in Hanoi late in the day so we went straight to the Metropole Sofitel Hotel. The hotel went through a renovation recently and they found a bomb shelter. Joan Baez and Hanoi Jan Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Mar 28, 2016
- From one H-town to anotherStarted our sweet adventure four days ago, after a nice send off from friends and family.
Had an epic plane ride: Auckand - Gold Coast - Kuala Lumpur - Hanoi. We both remembered how much fun long haul overnight plane rides Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | Mar 27, 2016
- Day 188: Popular :)I put the West Lake on my agenda again today and wanted to go there by way of the citadel. I picked the wrong street though and was passing it on the back along the Ministry of Defense where almost Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 25, 2016
- Day 187: SneakyWanted to quickly finish the Women's Museum and then head over to West Lake. However, once I got to the museum I thought I should try their audio guide and ended up spending another 2.5 hours there, doing the whole Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 26, 2016
- Day 186: Women's MuseumIt was quite a nice day today so I just started out by wandering around Hanoi in the sunshine. Went to the Bach Ma Temple, surrounded the Hoan Kiem Lake, walked over to the Opera house and then made my Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 24, 2016
- Vietnam: Hồ Chí MinhOur last morning in Hội An consisted of eating some breakfast and getting a bit felt up by one of the Vietnamese ladies who remarked that my tummy wasn't as big as her tummy and proceeded to take a good Posted by advensha in Advensha | Mar 26, 2016
- March 24 - HONGAI, VIETNAM
What a difference a day makes, even traveling at just 20 or so knots per hour! North Vietnam is markedly cooler than the rest of the country. We arrived in the port of Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 25, 2016
- Day 185: Back to HanoiAfter a rather short night we left Freedom Island shortly past 8 am - small boat, bigger boat, bus over Cat Ba Island, small boat and back onto the cruise ship. There we met with six people doing the 2 Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 23, 2016
- Day 184: Freedom IslandToday after breakfast it was time to leave the big boat and make our way over to Freedom Island in Lan Ha Bay, where we'd be spending most of the day and the night. We were only 5 people who Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 22, 2016
- Day 183: Halong BayAfter a rather pleasant train ride - good company and I could actually sleep - we arrived in Hanoi around 7.45 am, a bit more than 2 hours later than planned. I had actually booked a trip to Halong Bay Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 21, 2016
- Day 182: CavesToday I went on a day trip to the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park to see the Paradise Cave and the Phong Nha Cave. Driving into the National Park it was already very beautiful, just so lush. To get to Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 20, 2016
- March 23 - CHAN MAY, VIETNAM
Marble Mountain (one of five formations) is near Da Nang and China Beach.
Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 24, 2016
- Hanoi, Can Tho and Ho Chi Minh CityBack in Hanoi, I had hoped to take in a show that night of Traditional Vietnamese Music and Dance, but sadly, didn’t realize that it was only on Saturdays, so instead I found a lovely little Vietnamese restaurant, that also Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 22, 2016
- March 21 - HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM
Our cameras took a rest on Palm Sunday. Monday morning, we took an early shuttle back into the city to pick-up our glasses and see how the tailor did.
[img=http: Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 21, 2016
- March 19 - HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM
Independent exploration is possible in many of the countries we visit since Crystal frequently provides a shuttle service. An hour'’s drive from the port and here we are in downtown Ho Chi Minh Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 21, 2016
- Day 181: Husband Vietnam!Took the train from Hue to Dong Hoi, the perfect opportunity to mingle with the locals... There weren't many people on my coach but I was sitting opposite a very nice Vietnamese family. We started talking a bit, with the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 19, 2016
- Day 180: DMZToday I did a day tour to the DMZ, the de-militarised zone. I felt like I had to do it since I am here and it was, well, a long day on the bus... I got picked up around 7.30 Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 18, 2016