- Halong Bay from Cat Ba IslandAfter some consideration we decided to see Halong Bay as independently as possible. People in Hanoi did not give us an impression of being at all trustworthy so the tours and cruises organized by them were asking for disaster. Apart Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Apr 3, 2014
- HanoiWe arrived to Hanoi after a really long journey on an old smelly bus. While we were looking for accommodation we were surprised to see an old, cluttered city full of the north face merchandise. After we settled we had Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Apr 3, 2014
- The Most Scenic Bay in Vietnam... When you can see itToday we leave Hanoi on a comfy, not packed minibus to Halong Bay. If only we had mini busses like this one all through Laos we would have had an amazing experience! This part of the trip was partially financed Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 20, 2014
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)There was a significant layer of fog and pollution across the landscape as we wound our way up the Saigon River. There wasn't a perceivable sunrise and the lack of clear light precluded any reasonable photo captures on the Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Apr 2, 2014
- Approaching Vietnam
The sun, clouds and ocean provided an interesting sunrise and quite a crowd of people pounding the walking track. Two items of interest this morning: Lisa Moore's lecture on the physics of waves in various media and in various Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Apr 2, 2014
- Kate and Pat Eat Hanoi - Part 2Pat woke up with a head cold. At least we're getting all the illnesses out of the way in the first couple of months?
Uncle Ho's Mausoleum[/float]We headed over t Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 16, 2014
- Kate and Pat Eat HanoiBreakfast at the hotel was pretty good, except the coffee. I don't know what that brown sludge is, but it ain't coffee.
We had planned to take a cooking class in Hanoi (a wedding present from my sister and Siang) Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 15, 2014
- HueAfter Hoi An our expectation regarding Hue was quite high. Hue was the old capital of Vietnam and were the emperor was living. When we arrived there we realised that we were in quite big modern city. After settling in Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Mar 24, 2014
- Beautiful Hoi AnHoi An is the place which we really recommend as a prime holiday destination! It is the only atmospheric town that we have seen in Asia in our travels so far. The old town is not only perfectly preserved but Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Mar 24, 2014
- Halong Bay
In the morning we were picked up promptly at 8 by our bus and thankfully it was the right company (Alova Cruises) – a good start so far! On board the bus we had a very friendly and outgoing tour Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 24, 2014
- Cuc Phoung National Park
Having spent a day in Hanoi city we wanted to escape the hustle, bustle and millions of motorbikes and get out into the countryside, so we looked around for options on getting to Cuc Phoung National Park. Apart from really Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 21, 2014
- Hué and Hanoi
We began our marathon trip to Hanoi with a four hour journey to Hué, the old capital of Vietnam. After our last bus experience, we waited with bated breath to see whether we would get what we actually paid for. Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 18, 2014
- Ho Chi Minh in passingI feel I need to preface this article with an explanation why I went to view the embalmed body of Ho Chi Minh.
- I’m not Vietnamese - I’m Australian - I’m of an age I could have fought against his Posted by DenOS.08 in In Search of the Researchable | Mar 16, 2014
- South Central CoastThree months with no sight of a sea and we were desperate... we followed the coastline, starting in Mui Ne where large number of Russian visitors has had a huge impact on the place. Everything written in Russian, some agency Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Mar 15, 2014
- 2013 C4 OCEANIA - HA LONG BAY 2So - the last days in Vietnam.
Still around Ha Long Bay but going inland to have some Zen Buddhism instruction. Except there was no instruction, just a visit..
Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Hoi An
When we arrived into the centre of Hoi An, we were met by the usual hotel touts offering rooms. One offered a free ride to the hotel even if we didn’t like it, so we went with it – the Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 14, 2014
- Halong Bay and Hanoi Halong Bay . . . Several years ago I began to notice photographs of a strange and beautiful place, and I discovered that it was Halong Bay, in Vietnam. So, when I saw its name on a Celebrity cruise itinerary, Posted by MarilynWhiteley in Little Red Wheelchair Goes to SE Asia | Mar 14, 2014
- 2013 C3 OCEANIA - HA LONG BAY===Ha Long Bay===
...........is in the north of Vietnam & famous for these strange limestone rocks called Karst.
I did see some on shore so it is not just a sea thing.
We c Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
We have noticed that less people are looking at the blog, so we thought we’d put something funny in to boost numbers! ;) Here is a picture of Matt’s ticket from Angkor Wat which put us in stiches. If you Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 12, 2014
- Hoi An This morning we arrived at the dining room about the time it opened at 7:00 and ordered the "express breakfast." We received it promptly and were ready to go ashore when when the ship was cleared to begin letting off Posted by MarilynWhiteley in Little Red Wheelchair Goes to SE Asia | Mar 12, 2014
A pick-up at 7:00 a.m. for our tour of Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) seemed early, but our room service breakfast arrived in good time, and we were ready when the ship was cleared for Posted by MarilynWhiteley in Little Red Wheelchair Goes to SE Asia | Mar 12, 2014
- Ho Chi Minh City
Our night bus experience to Ho Chi Minh City was far better than in the other countries we’ve been too. The bus was new and we actually had two drivers which is always a bonus – good if one of Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 12, 2014
- 2013 C2 OCEANIA - HUE
Have now moved up the coast a little to Da Nang.
Today it's mostly just a bus ride with shopping stops & a photo op at the beach.
Heading out of the port, we cross over a bridge & loo Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 C1 OCEANIA - MEKONG RIVER===An early start as it's a long ride towards the coast & a ride on the Mekong river delta===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1040879. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 B9 OCEANIA - HO CHI MINH CITYYesterday - Cambodia.
So today must be Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh city, or Saigon as most people know it still.
I was in Vietnam in 2011 & was pleasantly surprised by it.
lots to see.
HCM City is a long Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005