- More travels to the Mekong ... and other shenanigansYet again I realise that it is too long since we have told you all what we've been up to. It's been a busy few weeks but (unbelievably) our first year is nearly at an end, the end of Posted by TheBackyard in A Comrade's Guide to Vietnam | Jun 30, 2013
[float=right][/float]Vietnam, the country of motorbikes, motorbikes and even more motorbikes (37 mil bikes), rain Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Jun 29, 2013
- XXXVII - XXXVIII: Ha Long Way to Ha Long BayWe left our backpacks at the hotel and jumped on the 4-hour minibus ride with only a daysack and a bottle of water each - so liberating! We were introduced to our guide for the trip, a self-declared comedian called Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Jun 27, 2013
- Sa Pa trekking Day 2==Day 2 - the Grand Vista Tour==
My promised us that day 2 would be a lot easier than the day before and we'd be finished by midday which was a relief as we were both still a bit tender. Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 23, 2013
- Sa Pa trekking Day 1==Day 1 - The Rice Terrace View Trek==
After taking the 9 hour overnight express train, we arrived at 5:15am in the northern town of Lao Cai, situated about 35km out of Sapa and 2km from the Chinese border. It was Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 23, 2013
- Hanoi - Farewell VietnamWell it's time to say farewell to Vietnam. I'm sad to leave, I've fallen in love with this country, the sights, the smells, the food and their quirky version of their morning coffee.
We finish our Vietnamese journey in Hanoi, Posted by Lyndall Drennan in Honeymooning Our Way Across the Globe | Jun 20, 2013
- Nha Trang & Da LatOur overnight bus from Hoi An to Nha Trang was pretty grim - with an angry driver beeping through the night, swerving and passengers being sick. Our room in Nha Trang wasn't ready at 6am, so we sat in a Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jun 20, 2013
- Halong BayWe have made our way up the country from south to north, each town has shown us a different side to Vietnam and Halong Bay was no different. We had an idea of what to expect as this is meant Posted by Lyndall Drennan in Honeymooning Our Way Across the Globe | Jun 19, 2013
- Hue & Hoi AnFrom our hostel in Hanoi we were picked up by a minibus and taken to the side of a dual carriageway. Dropped off on the pavement without tickets, we didn't really knowing what was going on. Eventually though we got Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jun 13, 2013
- HueHue, an ancient city of pagodas, Emperors tombs and a Citadel. Over two nights, three days we took in every little bit of this city that was possible, and we did it our way...cycling through small towns and taking in Posted by Lyndall Drennan in Honeymooning Our Way Across the Globe | Jun 11, 2013
- Hoi An - part 2==Hoi An==
What can we say about Hoi An? Lets just say that it has just snatched the title of favourite destination for us on this trip in the hotly contested race with Luang Prabang, Laos.
After a 9 hour train ride Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 9, 2013
- XXXVI: Good Morning Vietnam!My night on the floor was surprisingly comfy, if not a little dusty, and I bounded downstairs for the free breakfast - fresh baguettes with eggs and Vietnamese coffee. We spent the morning in the hotel waiting for the cleaners Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Jun 7, 2013
- HanoiBack in September when we booked our Air Asia flight to Vietnam, we ordered pancakes and a coconut as our breakfast meal and everyone was jealous when the hostess presented us with our coconut each! It was nice and refreshing Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jun 6, 2013
- Hoi An part 1 - The City of Tailors and Lanterns==The City of Tailors and Lanterns==
Hoi An means beautiful meeting place. It lies on a river and is an example of a well-preserved ancient South East Asian trading port with its mix of beautiful colonial and local buildings.
Hoi An Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 6, 2013
- Ha Long BayWe were picked up from our hostel in Hanoi at 8am bang on time (none of the South American tardiness going on here). We were greeted by our friendly Vietnamese guide Tung and got on the minibus that would Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jun 5, 2013
- Nha Trang==Life's a Beach!!==
After a memorable 4 days in Saigon, it was time to head north to Nha Trang. The ladies at Hello Hotel (where we stayed) tried convincing us that the cheapest and most convenient way to get to Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 4, 2013
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) - part 2==Saigon by Night with XO Tours==
On our last night in Saigon, we decided to see a bit more of the city but this time on the back of a scooter. We were picked up at our hotel by 2 Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | May 31, 2013
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) - part 1==Ho Chi Minh City - part 1==
Less than 12 hours after arriving in Ho Chi Minh City and 8 weeks into our trip the inevitable happened - one of us got food poisoning. So after a wasted but needed day Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | May 31, 2013
- Na TrangBeach time has arrived, It's only been two weeks but after all we have packed into our first part of the holiday I think we deserve some beach relaxation.
Nha Trang is a small but vibrant town in Southern Vietnam, Posted by Lyndall Drennan in Honeymooning Our Way Across the Globe | May 28, 2013
- Ho Chi Min Traffic - Watch Your Step! There is not a whole lot I can say here except the traffic in this city is unlike anything I have ever seen. Watch your fingers & toes, be brave and just go for it when crossing the road!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/583726/Honeymoon_02_315.jp Posted by Lyndall Drennan in Honeymooning Our Way Across the Globe | May 27, 2013
- Ho Chi Min City[img=ht Posted by Lyndall Drennan in Honeymooning Our Way Across the Globe | May 27, 2013
- Tickling those Taste buds down the Coast of Vietnam
When traveling abroad, one of the more intimidating aspects can be attempting the new cuisine. You really don’t know where that meat is coming from, you can’t read any of the menus, and you can’t he Posted by Yampu001 in Where to? The Yampu Tours' Travel Blog | May 23, 2013
- Out of the Fat and into the Fire -10-04-2012
This morning we were on deck at 8 am for our cyclo tour of Saigon. It was really nice to get a sense of the city without trying to dodge traffic. With the flick of his hand, Hoang beckoned our Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 22, 2013
- NEVER EAT TOFU WITH HONEY!08-04-2012
Happy Easter - since this is a Buddhist country, they do not celebrate Easter.
Finally got all our packages last night and all was as ordered. I have to say that the gratitude people show when you buy something makes me Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 22, 2013
- TUK TUKS and COCONUTS - visiting the Mekong River09-04-2012
Well today is our last full day in Vietnam. I can hardly believe it and I am not nearly ready to leave. I am very certain this is a place I will return to.
Today we did a day trip Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 22, 2013