- Ho Chi Minh City
Our night bus experience to Ho Chi Minh City was far better than in the other countries we’ve been too. The bus was new and we actually had two drivers which is always a bonus – good if one of Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 12, 2014
- 2013 C2 OCEANIA - HUE
Have now moved up the coast a little to Da Nang.
Today it's mostly just a bus ride with shopping stops & a photo op at the beach.
Heading out of the port, we cross over a bridge & loo Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 C1 OCEANIA - MEKONG RIVER===An early start as it's a long ride towards the coast & a ride on the Mekong river delta===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1040879. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 B9 OCEANIA - HO CHI MINH CITYYesterday - Cambodia.
So today must be Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh city, or Saigon as most people know it still.
I was in Vietnam in 2011 & was pleasantly surprised by it.
lots to see.
HCM City is a long Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- SAIGON (Ho Chi Minh City), VIETNAM –DAYS 3 & 4
Vietnam is now one of the world’s fastest-growing retail markets and tourist d Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 6, 2014
- Saigon = Ho Chi Minh CityWe arrived to Saigon without great expectations and some reservations after speaking with fellow travellers. However our first impression was very good. The city was clean and pleasant to walk besides of the road crossings with 5 million of motorbikes Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Mar 6, 2014
- SAIGON (Ho Chi Minh City), VIETNAM –DAY 2
Today we both escorted tours entitled, “Journey to the Mekong Delta”, a vast area home to 25 million Vietnamese. We traveled 2 ½ hours through lush countryside in sm Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 5, 2014
- SAIGON (Ho Chi Minh City), VIETNAM- Day 1
Our long cruise up the curvy Saigon River brought us to our berth in Ho Chi Minh City (also still known as Saigon). We arrived before noon on Saturday and stayed for Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 4, 2014
- CHAN MAY, (HUE), VIETNAM
Our ship was docked in the port city of Chan May. We traveled for two hours through rice paddies and villages to visit Hue (pronounced “way”), the Imperial City of t Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 4, 2014
- HON GAI / HA LONG BAY, VIETNAM -DAY 2
All aboard – an early morning cruise on Ha Long Bay on a Vietnamese Junk! Itinerary: Ships tender to shore, taxi to Junk, Junk to a different Junk, passing through s Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 3, 2014
- HON GAI / HA LONG BAY, VIETNAM
Ha Long Bay is in northern Vietnam, 105 miles east of Hanoi and near the Gulf of Tonkin. We arrived on a foggy, drizzly morning and the ship anchored out in the bay. Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 28, 2014
- VietnamDE NOUVEAU JE N'AI PAS EU LE TEMPS DE TRADUIRE LE TEXTE A EMILY - NEANMOINS MA RECHERCHE D'EMPLOIS AVANCE BIEN. C'EST MA PRIORITE!!
J 'ai utilisé http://translate.google.com
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/578941/Enfin_millionnaire___.jpg capti Posted by emjim in Emily and Jimmy Go Global! | Feb 25, 2014
- Arrival in HanoiWell after 42hrs of travel we finally arrived in Hanoi and stayed our first night at the "charming" Koto Hotel. The room was ok but the he staff were very hospitable and friendly and didn't believe us when we told Posted by Kevzan in The Long Way Home | Feb 19, 2014
- Temples and TunnelsLast two days in Vietnam before we head to Cambodia and Phnom Penh. We started taking our Malaria tablets today, imagine Bill's disquiet when he realised he couldn't drink alcohol with his!!
Yesterday we went on to Cao Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 17, 2014
- Greetings from the number ninesYesterday we went on a sightseeing trip as planned in Saigon. On route we passed the local park where there were large groups of Vietnamese people ballroom dancing, it seems that if we head that way on an evening Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 16, 2014
- Vietnam and Thailand
This is a long one....get a comfy seat....
Getting to the airport everything going exactly how it should and completely unflustered, I relaxed with a glass of Shiraz and a supe Posted by Halgerty12 in A year in Australia | Feb 15, 2014
- SaigonYesterday we checked out of our hotel to head for Saigon. It wasn't at all simple, as they owed us money and we owed them money for washing, and there was a definite language problem. The result of it all Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 14, 2014
- Remember to cook your BuddhaFinal full day in Nha Trang today, which surprise surprise we spent on the beach. Bill and I are very good at sitting in the same place in the shade for six hours reading our Kindles and only moving for Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 12, 2014
- Is that the sun glowing....no it's BillWe have had a lazy few days on the beach; this comprises of us covered in factor 50 under the umbrella; well I say that...........
Bill decided a couple of days ago that he was fed up of putting sun Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 10, 2014
- THIS IS HALLOWEENI know for a fact that Global English Centre’s 2013 Halloween Party was its first ever party. I’m almost 100% certain no other language school in Quang Ngai has ever had a Halloween Party and I’m 50% certain it Posted by Rhondalee in Getting ready for the year long journey | Feb 9, 2014
- VietnamSurreal experience going to see mummified corpse of Ho Chi Minh in his grand mausoleum, guarded by soldiers in white. He looked just like a waxworks-apparently he was prepared by famous Russian embalmer and he gets a top up every Posted by Chrissyade in TWOGOTRAVELLING | Feb 8, 2014
- VietnamOkay soo apologies for being majorly late with this one... Our next stop was Vietnam, after stressing a little about arriving the same time as the super typhoon :S it decided to re route away from Hanoi and towards China... Posted by anni eddi in Anna and Siws RTW Adventure | Feb 7, 2014
- Missing the wavesThe first month of my trip (Cambodia and Vietnam) is not about surf. I knew it but I am missing the waves. You can imagine my joy when I learned that Vietnam has some spots! Unfortunatelly, it's small and rare, Posted by letrip in surftheworld | Feb 5, 2014
- "Lets Go"This morning I managed to arrange our tickets to Saigon on the train; as the only alternative was two top bunks we have purchased two 'soft' seats to travel the 8 hr trip on the 13th. I was pretty chuffed Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 5, 2014
- TetThe last two days we have spent on the beach hiding under a parasol in the shade, Nha Trang is hot, about 28 today.
Nha Trang is the seaside capital of Vietnam, it has miles of white sand and has a Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 1, 2014