- Brace for impact We had to get to our guesthouse via San Pam.
Our rowing professionals even let us have a turn rowing the teeny boat. Not as easy as it looks.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 10, 2015
- Me Kong DeltaWent along the Me Kong Delta which is basically like the life line for most people around there. We got to observe, taste and understand the many uses of rice.
Apparently rice pop corn is a thing...
Here's the video Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 10, 2015
- Swarms of HondasOn to vietnam where we welcomed new people to our tour group.
We landed in Ho Chi Min City aka Saigon. The traffic is mental. Like worse than the rest of Asia. They know it's mental that they even sell tshirts Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 10, 2015
- VietnamWe had a slow start to the morning on Saturday with a trip to the ship's gym then a late breakfast. The port of Da Nang doesn't have a lot to offer but we took the shuttle bus into the Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 10, 2015
- VietnamOn Friday after quite a rocky night we arrived at the industrial port of Da Nang. On our first day here we took at tour to the ancient town of Hôi An. In the 16th and 17th centuries Hoi An Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 9, 2015
So our first day on board the ship was a sea day which meant plenty of activities if you wanted to or you could choose to do nothing. We decided to start the day with a visit to the gym. Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 8, 2015
- On our way home...After nearly three weeks of the road, Onersontour are at Saigon airport and waiting for our flight home. Quite well practised little travellers we have here! There are some more posts to write when we get home, but Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Jan 3, 2015
- New year eve - Cat Tien to HCMCA few days since my last post as it has been very busy, but I am now taking a day out of the trip and watching lots of to as William is sick with a fever and nausea and so Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Jan 2, 2015
- Cat Tien National ParkWe arrived at a river ferry crossing, said goodbye to our driver and guide (who had to turn around and drive the four hours back to HCMC) and boarded a little boat. Hope this is all going to be Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 30, 2014
- Hue to Ho Chi Minh CityHue to Ho Chi Minh City
Another day and more rain in Hue, although this time with the prospect of the 33 degrees weather to follow by the middle of the day. Not sure how I am going to find Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 30, 2014
- Central VietnamBoxing Day we said goodbye to our sanctuary at the Hoi An Beach Resort and set off on our journey to Hue, the capital of Vietnam for several hundred years and the home of the final kings of Vietnam.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/479180/90AB7F1EE Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 30, 2014
- Hue cityHue city
Papaya and "Mr Lemon" picked us up from the hotel at 9am for a Hue city tour.
First stop the Hue Citadel, the most striking tourist attraction in Hue, although in reality, a product of the Nguyen dynasty, the last Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 29, 2014
- Christmas Vietnam StyleFor a country overwhelmingly dominated by Buddhists, Vietnam has embraced the idea of Christmas and New Year, predominantly for tourists, although there was some acknowledgment of a celebration of the year past and the giving of gifts as symbols of Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 25, 2014
- Hoi An - Bike TourIt has taken me a while to get around to writing two particular posts.
The first is an account of our first day in Sapa and an amazing trek through the rice paddies to the village of Lao Chai, Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 24, 2014
- Vietnam Q&AWe confirmed when we had a few days at Uluru this year that Robert definitely suffers from motion sickness. We probably knew at the back of our minds already, but hours on the bus out to Kings Canyon confirmed Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 22, 2014
- A day in Saigon
The official name now is Ho Chi Minh City but most people seem to still call it Saigon. The railway station is called Ga Sai Gon (place names often seem to be split in this way - Ha Noi, Ha Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 22, 2014
- Mekong RiverArrived off the flight at 7am Vietnam time, (1.30 am UK) none of us slept much on the flight so pretty tired!
Its so busy millions of people on scooters and its true what they say about having to just step Posted by Simpson5 in Simpsons trip to Vietnam | Dec 22, 2014
- Day 31 Angkor WatMagestic, stunning,above expectation what more can you say about kit. Up at 4.30am for a Tuk Tuk ride to Angkor Wat we had a terrific guide and a private tour with us three. He took us in the back way Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 21, 2014
- Halong Bay CruiseWe were very pleasantly surprised by the boat. There were two levels of cabins, then a top level dining room and bar with a sun deck on top. The style was very similar to allow the other Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 21, 2014
- Day 30 Siem ReapLast night the staff put on a LOverly farewell dance and presentation for us and a great meal as usual. This morning we left the boat and had a 5hr drive to Siam ReAp. The boat couldn't,t go as Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 20, 2014
- Day 29 on Tonlee Sap riverTodY was a busy day visiting two temples. The first one was a brief climb to get to top but was fascinating. The second was a very sad affair. It was decaying and in a bad way. In Australia we Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 20, 2014
- Journey to Halong BayStraight from the overnight train at 4:30am to pick up our bags from our hotel in Hanoi and then in the road to Halong City, a good four hour drive. The original plan was to wait in Hanoi and Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 20, 2014
- Robert's birthday End of Roberts birthday and our second day in the mountain region north of Hanoi. Now back at Lao Cai waiting for the overnight train back to Hanoi - where we will be met by our guide at 4:30am Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 20, 2014
- Day 28 This morning we braved the cold wind and had our fourth Tai Chi lesson. We went to a village that specialises in silk weaving. Absolutely gorgeous stuff and such delicate stuff with the fine silk thread. Back to the ship Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 18, 2014
- Day 27 This morning we travelled up the upper Mekong about 110k North of Phnom Penn. We visited the village that specialises in silver ware we watched the artisans and visited their school. The sellers Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 17, 2014