- Faces of Vietnam[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 15, 2015
- Escape from Saigon
Early morning aerobics, hup hup
Cu Chi Tunnels. Built by 48,000 people over 20 years using primitive spades and bamboo bask Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 15, 2015
- Mekong Delta - Green Village nr Can Tho
Welcome to Green Village, our bamboo huts were nestled in the Mekong alongside canals that could be followed all the way into Cambodia. We fell asleep to the jungle orchestra and awoke to Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 14, 2015
- Mekong Delta - Ben Tre
Winding our way down the Mekong Delta, this water has flowed 2,700 miles from the Tibetan mountains
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 12, 2015
- HanoiWe arrived back in Hanoi on the 30 June 2015 and returned to the same hotel, the “Golden Charm Hotel” in the Hanoi Old Quarter that we’d stayed in before we went to Sa Pa.
Hanoi’s Old Quarter is famous for Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 11, 2015
- HanoiOn our final day in Hoi An, we picked up a scooter from our hotel and headed to see the My Son Sanctuary. This is a world heritage site and is inland from Hoi An. The following photo describes the Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 10, 2015
- Sa PaSa Pa is the subject of this blog even though we spent two nights in Hanoi beforehand while waiting for our train. We will cover Hanoi in our next blog.
Tania and I missed seeing Sa Pa the last time we Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 9, 2015
- Ha Tien - not a favourite & crossing to Cambodia We were travelling further South towards the Cambodian border to a town called Ha Tien where most border crossings happen. To get from Can Tho to Ha Tien you need to catch two local buses, a simple procedure, according Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 9, 2015
- Saigon part 1
Americana is slowly being adopted and Saigon is a modern, chaotic city that is easy to love. Ubiquitous communist memorials vie for space with gleaming skyscrapers, parks, shops, museums Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 8, 2015
- Can Tho and the Mekong DeltaCan Tho is a very sweet little town with lovely people and pretty lights. It is quite spread out but the main concentration of markets and food is found around the river area. It is the largest town on the Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 7, 2015
- East Coast Vietnam
As hard as it was to drag our sorry arses out of Hoi An we were excited about a new adventure in the sun. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725413/CC2499C99B32042D1A0E318D9B6E6670. Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 5, 2015
- Hue and Hoi AnIt wasn't difficult finding our hotel in Nha Trang. It was about a 15 minute walk along the waterfront from the bus drop off. The hotel staff were again friendly and accommodating. We had dinner at a place recommended by Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 5, 2015
- Dong Hoi & Phong Nha National Park (Caves)We decided to catch the train again for our trip from Hue to Dong Hoi. The train trip was about 3 hours and we went through more farming countryside with bullock-pulled ploughs. Who needs a tractor??
On the train, we Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jul 4, 2015
- Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) Ho Chi Minh City is a huge city that is very spread out. It is broken up into districts, with each one having different things to offer. The main tourist areas are District one and three. We stayed in one Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 3, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - Crossing Into CambodiaA QUIET DAY ON THE RIVER TODAY ...
PEOPLE HAPPY TO SEE US FLOAT BY ...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 3, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - An unusual village on the riverONCE AGAIN WE DO NOT DOCK BUT THE SMALL BOATS STRAIGHT ACROSS THE RIVER ..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/64562 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 1, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - Beginning in SaigonIT WAS A BIT OF A RUSH FROM SINGAPORE TO SAIGON BUT I ARRVED IN PLENTY OF TIME.
THE TAXI PEOPLE AT THE AIRPORT WHISKED ME STRAIGHT TO A TAXI & IT WAS A FAST RIDE THROUGH THE MANIC TRAFFIC TO Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 1, 2015
- Beautiful Hoi An Hoi An is a beautiful city. It has a perfect mix of things to see and do with the beach just 3km from the city and the city itself offering great shopping, picturesque streets, ancient sights and markets. There are Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jun 30, 2015
- Ho Chi Minh City to Mui NeOn our last night in Ho Chi Ming we headed down for dinner to an area we walked through when returning from Dao's earlier in the day. It was a beautiful sunset as we left the apartment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/739190/088A4E02DE5A4E687E00 Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jun 30, 2015
- Kicking back in South East AsiaIf you need to unwind, get yourself to Laos.
We had no expectations at all for the country, focussing our planning instead on the upcoming trips to neighbouring Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. However, with every passing day, every hour even, we Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | Jun 28, 2015
- HueWell as usual time as slipped away from us, but here is our take on Hue.
After farewells to our friends in Hoi An, we caught the SE2 train from Danang to Hue, which took about 3 hours and was along Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Jun 28, 2015
- Da Nang Da Nang is an interesting city. It is the third largest city in Vietnam and is currently being developed. It is a beachside city that has a long stretch of beautiful water that has lots of huts set up along Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jun 26, 2015
- Ho Chi Minh CityOur final day in Perth was spent visiting Mandurah, a lovely town south of Perth which has been a favourite spot for a Warren & Janine over the years. The day wasn't the greatest weather wise to begin with but Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jun 25, 2015
- Hoi An
Turns out the two esteemed gentlemen quoted above were right. Hoi An is a stunning example of how life should be, charming, beautiful countryside, clean beaches and an old town steeped i Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jun 22, 2015
- HueHue is a beautiful little place. Most people come to visit the Imperial City as well as the tombs that are found all around the area. The town itself is a pretty tree lined area that has a nice lake Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jun 19, 2015