- Day Two - Exploring the City - DayDay two was spent exploring the city. We had our 08:00am breakfast and then hopped the shuttle bus to the War museum. I fully recommend this to anyone interested in the Vietnam war. See pictures below of US artillery and Posted by stuartcrooks72 in Vietnam & Cambodia | Nov 3, 2016
- Day One - Ho Chi Minh City - Dinner TimeMel and I decided to play Human Frogger or Crossy Road for the younger generation tonight when venturing out to find a place to eat.
We found a great hawker center and experienced local food which included fish liver.
See photos below
Found Posted by stuartcrooks72 in Vietnam & Cambodia | Nov 1, 2016
- Day One - Ho Chi Minh City - Day SessionFlew into Ho Chi Minh City Airport at the crack of dawn on Tuesday Morning after the Flight from London. Flew into an absolute pea souper and 24deg cel at 5:30am. After disembarking and collecting our bags we met up Posted by stuartcrooks72 in Vietnam & Cambodia | Oct 31, 2016
- Halong Bay tour 3 days 2 nightsCONTACT
DAY 1: HANOI – HA LONG BAY
7.45 – 08.15: Pick up from your hotel in Hanoi. Drive to Halong City through the paddy fields in the Red River Delta Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Halong Bay of Vietnam | Oct 31, 2016
- CoffeeIt is possible to find a good coffee shop in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos for a good 'western' style coffee but as these countries don't produce their own fresh milk the UHT milk often used leaves an aftertaste that spoils Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 30, 2016
- Ho Chi Minh- 3 nights/3.5 days- Ho Chi Mnh or Saigon??Overview:
After a month of traveling and transiting through airports our journey to Ho Chi Minh has been our most interesting. Just about to board and they pulled Gus to one side saying something about security and baggage check before Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 30, 2016
- Hoi An- 4 nights/3.5 days - mellow yellowOverview:
Hot and extremely humid, the pool would be used A LOT 😳
Once a major port Hoi An sits along the river with its yellow painted walls and historic buildings: Japanese merchant houses, ancient tea warehouses and Chinese Temples, many Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 29, 2016
- THE VERDANT GREEN TEA HILLS IN MOC CHAUTalking about Moc Chau plateau, people often think about the verdant green tea hills, it become the endless inspiration for photographer and people travel.
In Moc Chau plateau, the tea is grown more at the farm town. This place is also Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Moc Chau Plateau | Oct 27, 2016
- Tam Giac Mach flower in Ha GiangFor backpackers and photographers who have passionate for Tam Giac Mach flower in Ha Giang, autumn is the best time to flock to this northwest mountainous region to admire blooming Tam Giac Mach Flower fields. Although you can see Tam Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Sapa - Ha Giang in Vietnam | Oct 26, 2016
- Hue- 3 nights/2.5 days - comes alive at nightOverview:
Having avoided Typhoon Sarika we arrived midday and found it eerily quiet on the streets, we felt like the city had been evacuated and we are wandering around oblivious. But that was clearly the ' down' time as a busyness Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 25, 2016
- DONG VAN KARST PLATEAU GEOPARKDong Van rocky highland Geopark was official 77th member of the Global Geopark Network on 3/10/2010. It became the first global Geopark in Viet Nam, the second in Southeast Asia.
Dong Van rocky plateau not only is sculpture product, a historical Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Sapa - Ha Giang in Vietnam | Oct 23, 2016
- Hanoi 2 nights/1.5 days- take twoOverview:
Our journey back to Hanoi started with an early morning ferry crossing from Cat Ba, followed by the drive from Haiphong to Hanoi. We arrived back at our hotel just before lunch to check in and collect our bags that Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 19, 2016
- Traveling by road Whether in Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam the requirements for driving are the same: a loud horn to use as much as possible, an ability to do multiple things at once whilst driving including using and talking on the phone Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 17, 2016
- The BEST egg coffeeWe would not have found Dinh cafe if not for specific directions.
A small sign in a bag shop facing the lake advertised its presence. You walk through the shop, down a dark corridor, up a set of dusty stairs Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 17, 2016
- Ha Long Ba & Cat Ba- 2 nights/2 days- "AMAZING!!!!"Overview:
With just a backpack the journey to Cat Ba started with the overnight sleeper train back from to Lao Cai to Hanoi - this one wasn't as good as a cabin/beds were positioned over the carriage wheels resulting Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 17, 2016
- Ta Van & Sa Pa- 2 nights/3 days -magesticalOverview:
Our journey to Tavan started with packing a backpack (for our 6 day trip there and onto Cat Ba) and catching the overnight sleeper train from Hanoi to Lao Cai, then a transfer from the train station via Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 17, 2016
- Hanoi- 1 night/1 day - 8 million people and 6 million bikesOverview:
Hanoi was an assault to the senses with its neon signs, constant tooting of car horns and smells wafting from street food stalls, especially after spending a day travelling through airports. The grand hotel lobby looked out of place Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 14, 2016
- Sapa to Dien Bein Phu-Vietnam Days 69-70Well spent most of yesterday (4/10) on a bus from Sapa to my current destination Dien Bein Phu,the bus was packed with locals and and they goods literally jammed in like sardines,the route crossed the highest road in Vietnam then Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Oct 5, 2016
- Sapa Vietnam Days 64-68Well what to say,went on 2 day trek with some local ethnic people down into the bottom of the valley and back out the other side and the scenery was mind blowing,there are 5 ethnic groups around Sapa all wearing Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Oct 3, 2016
- Sapa Day 62-63Well arrived in Sapa yesterday afternoon and spent what was left of the day wandering around and getting my bearings,luckily Sapa is quite small so it did'nt long
The beauty of Sapa and the local area is the scenery,located in a Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Sep 28, 2016
- Halong Bay-Hanoi Days 57-61Well completed a 3 day /2 night trip to Halong Bay,got picked at Hotel by mini bus at 0700 and after the compulsory stop half way at a tourist shop for a rest break we arrive in Halong bay at Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Sep 27, 2016
- Wonderful Hội AnWe spent two nights in Hội An in a lovely little boutique hotel and really enjoyed it. It was totally different to the places we had visited thusfar; a small pretty town with plenty of cute little eateries, delightful shops Posted by TashandTim in Tash and Tim's Travels | Sep 25, 2016
- Hanoi- Day 48-56Well for the last week I have been in Hanoi in the old quarter and it is crazy,the traffic,the amount of people,the lack of road rules and so many other things
The weather has been hot and humid most days have Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Sep 21, 2016
- By Road: To Hội An via Hải VânI intended on cutting short these blog posts to cover several places or perhaps condensing a week's travels in to one post, but unfortunately I've failed as there is just too much to mention! This one just covers a few Posted by TashandTim in Tash and Tim's Travels | Sep 16, 2016
- Vietnam Continued: A Couple of Great Days in HuếEdited 15th September: a few photos added at the bottom!
At some point I promised to come back to update this blog where we left it in Vietnam, which seems like forever ago now! It was indeed a few months ago. Posted by TashandTim in Tash and Tim's Travels | Sep 3, 2016