- Hoi An & Our Homestay Experience! Hoi An has been my favourite stay in Vietnam so far! Partly due to the fantastic town and the improved weather, but mainly due to the lovely family we stayed with. We chose Camellia Homestay as it had such good Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Nov 23, 2013
- Hanoi, VietnamWe realised that our flight from Vientiane to Hanoi was the first time we had taken a flight on this trip and for it to have been just one flight with no connections. It was really nice to only be Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 22, 2013
- Hoi An, Vietnam (26th - 29th October)Hoi An was my favourite place we visited in Vietnam. It's very touristy but still incredibly nice.
We stayed at Hoang Trinh Hotel and they arranged a free pickup for us from the bus station. Yet again the staff were lovely Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Nov 22, 2013
- Hue, Vietnam (23rd - 26th October)Hue's in central Vietnam. As a city it's kinda like a smaller and less chaotic Hanoi, which was nice.
We stayed at Jade Hotel, which was my favourite of all the places we stayed in Vietnam. When we first arrived, plus Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Nov 22, 2013
- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam (21st - 22nd October)We were picked up from our hotel quite early. There was another couple from our hotel who were on the trip as well - Tyneil and Daniel from Australia. The bus journey to Ha Long took a few hours and Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Nov 22, 2013
- Hanoi, Vietnam (18th - 21st October)We caught a local bus from the airport to the centre of Hanoi. Getting off the bus was quite a shock - Hanoi was incredibly different from Seoul - it seemed completely chaotic, it was a little overwhelming. The traffic Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Nov 22, 2013
- Not all those who wander are lost - J R R TolkienOn Friday 15th November, I tiki-toured out to DaLat with another volunteer for the weekend. After teaching on Friday morning we caught the sleeping bus for the 6 hour trip, which in HCM traffic turned out to be over 8 Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Nov 21, 2013
- Day 35 Water WellDan collected his suit this morning
Then we cycled to a farm for lunch. We missed the turning and ended up being waved at by 6 women trying to get us to park our bikes in thier shed. Da Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 19, 2013
- Day 34 ShoppingWe spent the day going to Hoi An houses and temples whilst shopping and enjoying the quaint town.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 19, 2013
- Day 32/33 Washout/Waiting We attempted to leave Hue but due to flooding up and down Vietnam we were unable to move on. Having had enough of men on scooters relentlessly following us repeating offers of where they can take us we decided to Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 19, 2013
- If you want to be inspired, inspire othersSorry for the late post. Internet is not such a reliable commodity here in Vietnam, especially when out on the road.
So I began teaching this week and it was a great start. I have a regular class I will be Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Nov 18, 2013
- Huê! Huê has been our second stop in Vietnam and although the weather has been really rubbish (when we arrived the train's tracks were under water due to flooding!) I'm pleased we've stopped here on our route down the coast.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Nov 18, 2013
- Halong Bay
We spent two nights on a trip from Hanoi to Halong Bay - something I'd really been looking forward to as all I'd heard was good things and I was in no way disappointed! With 1969 islands, the s Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Nov 18, 2013
- Tue 12th - Saturday 16th: Mekong Delta and Phu Quoc IslandI posted a couple of blogs via the IPhone but they seem to have disappeared into the ether which is annoying....
After a 'posh' meal at The Temple Club in Saigon, we left early with Tham and the driver for Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 16, 2013
- Northern Vietnam[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Vietnam/|Vietnam photos]]
Flying in to Hanoi was ultimately the beginning of the end of this epic adventure, as Southeast Asia is the last of several regions I explore in 2013. Hope Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Nov 16, 2013
- Day 31 Phong Nha CaveToday started at 6.30am as the cave was 4 1/2 hours drive away. We've done so many bus journeys now that the time isn't really an issue. The two 10p sized holes in my window were an inconvience especially as Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 16, 2013
- ... And on to Vietnam! Hanoi has been our first stop in Vietnam, and what a way to kick off! Hanoi old quarter is the place to be with its hectic but exciting streets where each is teaming with mopeds whizzing past and shops selling Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Nov 15, 2013
- Nha TrangSo after being delayed a day due to the weather we did indeed manage to get on the bus to Nha Trang the next day. Must have been fate as it was on this bus we met some new friends Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Nov 15, 2013
- Day 30 Hue Citadel
Today we braved the heavy rain in our flip flops to visit the citadel.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/59884 Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 14, 2013
- Day 29 Near MissToday we left Cat Ba Island via the bus/boat/bus/bus route to Hanoi. The journey was supposed to take 5 hours and took nearly double that meaning we were left with a mad dash to catch our flight to Hue (cheaper Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 14, 2013
- Day 28 Halong BayThis morning we left the hostel to go on a tour. Two of the men from the hostel gave us rides on the back of their scooters to the harbour. Both men coasted down the hill and turned their engines Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 14, 2013
- Monday 11th November; lazy day in Saigon[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/634131/21CA1A9D2219AC6817F64843E32CE798.jpg Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 12, 2013
- Vietnam - Not same but better!After our short stay in Hong Kong we spent 10 days in beautiful and colourful VIETNAM! The country where the expression "Same same but different" was invented and is still super frequently used by all locals each time you Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Nov 12, 2013
- Put down that map and get wonderfully lostWow, so I am three days and absolutely loving it here. And so much has already happened.
My first official day in Ho Chi Minh City on sunday (10th) after failing to sleep in to beat being in New Zealand time- Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Nov 11, 2013
- Day 26/27 StormThis morning as we drove through town we noticed a certain quietness around town with locals clearly preparing for the storm coming from in the path of typoon Haiyan/Yolanda.
We headed to Cannon Fort in the morning.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Nov 11, 2013