- Day 9 Team PenguinToday was tour day, we were picked up from our hotel and was greeted by a very enthusiastic tour guide My (pronounced as Me), after further pickups of we went to our first stop for the day Marble Mt. Here Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Day 8-Bike TourThis morning we all went our separate ways. Lyn & Bill, Paul & Kath went to organise some tailoring of clothes. Jean & Craig walked further out from the centre of town, exploring.
After lunch, Paul, Craig & Jean took Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 12, 2017
- Dong HoiYesterday morning we got up hoping to go to the Botanical Garden again, to walk some of the trails there. But it was raining again and we were told that most of the trails there are just dirt and so Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 12, 2017
- Day 6 Cu Chi tunnels* Left early for Cu Chi Tunnel Tour minus Kath & Lyn
* Visited Art 'factory' where victims of agent orange create beautiful art pieces-a highlight
Jean & Bill purchased a piece each
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/514448/90_BA126D8E0AE97313 Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 11, 2017
- Paradise CaveWe arranged a tour thru our homestay to visit the Botanical Garden and Paradise Cave. We were picked up in a mini-van, along with 7 young men from the hostel across the street. When we arrived at the Botanical Garden Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 10, 2017
- Phong Nha CaveWe were picked up this morning by a taxi, although he didn't know where to take us and spoke no English. So after a couple of phone calls to the travel agent who arranged our bus ride, we got dropped Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 9, 2017
- Day 4-HCMC
Pushy, pushy day starts at airport leaving Cambodia. The complaining yank 'If the staff at the airport don't understand, why are they working there?'
Had to remind elder members of family not to undo safety belts while plane still taxiing Posted by warnerc5 in Cambodia/Vietnam 2017 | Feb 8, 2017
- Visiting the Thien Mu PagodaI thought I would show you a few pictures of the place we are staying here in Hue. It is a private home, where we have a bedroom and a bathroom on the second floor. There are 25 steps up Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 8, 2017
- Kon Tum in depthI have decided to publish this experience in a separate post as it deserves it...and it will have lots of pictures!
Our tour of a few of the ethnic villages started with Huynh (from Highland Eco Tours) and his trainee Nhi Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Feb 7, 2017
- Central Highlands...here we come...All the taxis have had Vietnamese flags flapping on them recently, for Tet we assume...found this lonely flag laying by the side of the road...now we have an authentic, from Vietnam, flag in our collection!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/448600/9 Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Feb 7, 2017
- The Imperial CityBreakfast is not included at our homestay here so the first order of the day is to track down some food. We tried a yogurt store we had seen last night, but the man there was just opening up and Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 7, 2017
- Strange Travelling TodayWe started the day with a bike ride over to the kayak rental place along the river, that Don had discovered yesterday. Some of it was a nice ride along a shady riverside path, with the rest being in traffic. Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 6, 2017
- Dragons, Dragons, and more DragonsWe have breakfast every morning down in the garden of the homestay. A lovely shady patio with many different trees and plants around it. This morning I ordered coffee for the first time in Vietnam. In came in this little Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 5, 2017
- Tan Chau - Thursday, 2 February 2017Up at 6 am, breakfast at 6.45 am and on the bus at 8 am for the visit to Tra Su Forest Bird Sanctuary. Phil has decided to be lazy and stay at home. About 12 of us Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 4, 2017
- Visiting My Son (no relation!)We signed up for a tour to My Son, which is a very old Champa religious site. The first temples were built in the 4th century and were continuously being built until the 13th century. Apparently, every king had to Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 4, 2017
- Rainy Day Didn't Stop the FunAfter a late start, we took a taxi out to Tra Que, the vegetable village. They were having an early morning ceremony to encourage abundant crops, good weather, and prosperity for the coming year. We arrived too late to see Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 4, 2017
- Cai Be to Sa Dec - Wednesday, 1 February 2017Went to bed reasonably early last night and Phil started watching some harrowing movie called "No Escape". It was so violent and blood thirsty, which was not conducive to a peaceful night's sleep, so consequently I was still awake Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 4, 2017
- Old Town Hoi AnAfter breakfast at our homestay, we set out to find a drugstore (to refill my Imodium stock) (which has worked finally!) and to visit a tailoring shop recommended by our hostess, Duy. The drugstore was easy and close to home, Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 2, 2017
- Ho Chi Minh City - Mekong Cruise - Tuesday, 31 January 2017Slightly later start this morning, as our Vesper ride around the city starts at 9.00 am. Elfi not too well this morning, so she is not coming with us. Her cold has come back and she has a Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 2, 2017
- A Long, Long Train TripWe got up at 4:30 am to catch the 6:00 train. The train was very prompt and left right on the dot. Unfortunately we had seats that didn't have a good window! And the train was so busy that every Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Feb 2, 2017
- Danang, VietnamThursday started out (after doing a laundry and getting it on the line on the roof) by a walk to the first grocery store we went to in Danang, Lottemart. It's only about a 40 minute walk away, over the Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Jan 31, 2017
- Ho Chi Minh City - Monday, 30 January 2017Up VERY early this morning - 5.45 am - breakfast at 6.15 am and on the bus for the two hour drive to the Cu Chi Tunnels. We had visited them 10 years ago so Phil decided to sleep Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Jan 30, 2017
- Sick in Ho Chi Minh CityWell, the silence of the last couple of days is not due to a lack of internet. We've both been under the weather with digestive issues. Got up New Year's Day and didn't feel too well. First thing I heard Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 29, 2017
- Ho Chi Minh City - Sunday, 29 January 2017We had a good night's sleep and while we were at breakfast, made contact with Mao, our Cambodian guide for the next 13 days. He has a delightfully smiley face and we have bonded with him already. He Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Jan 29, 2017
- Mandalay - Bangkok - Ho Chi Minh City - Sat, 28 Jan 2017We had a great sleep last night and a big sleep in this morning. We weren't leaving for the airport unti 11.15 am, so we didn't even set the alarm.
The B Team left for Inle Lake at 7.30 am, Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Jan 28, 2017