- Mekong Delta - Home staySunday
We went to Mekong Delta. We started our day with a 3 hour bus ride before meeting our guide Tony. He showed us around the market were loads of fruit, veg and poultry are sold, the problem Posted by sunworshiper in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos | Jan 31, 2014
- Ho Chi Minh City - Cuchi Tunnels Ho Chi Minh City (Also known as Saigon)
Ho Chi Minh city is the largest city in Vietnam. It was known as Prey Nokor (Khmer) before being annexed by the Vietnamese in the 17th century. Under the name Saigon, Posted by sunworshiper in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos | Jan 31, 2014
- Hanoi FoodBeing back at work, where I have already submitted two pieces of writing this year, has really sucked away my energy for writing here but I will get there!
One of the top rated things to do in Hanoi is to Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 31, 2014
- SINGAPORE - VIETNAMWe have been here o Posted by Chrissyade in TWOGOTRAVELLING | Jan 31, 2014
- 2011 B6 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XV - VIETNAM
THIS BOAT IS TOO LARGE TO GET UP RIVER TO SAIGON & THE EXCURSIONS THERE LOOKED VERY LONG, SO I OPT TO GO TO VANG TAU, ON THE COAST.
VERY CLOSE TO BEING THE WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE.
Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- Mui Ne, Vietnam After a few days in the humid Ho Chi min, we took the train early morning to the coast resort of Mui Ne. It was a four hour journey,but we had fairly comfy seats together. As always the views Posted by hirnant in The Jones' go to Asia | Jan 30, 2014
- Hué - Hoi An - Dalat - Mui Ne02.01.-06.01.14: Hué
Hué ein wichtige Stadt in der vietnamesischen Geschichte. Es war die Hauptstadt von Vietnam unter den Nguyễn-Dynastie (1802-1945). Die alte Zitadelle gibt es immer noch in Form von einem großen Museum. Es war interessant zu da Posted by Eribel in Asia | Jan 29, 2014
- Hué - Hoi An - Dalat - Mui Ne02.01.-06.01.14: Hué
Hué är den staden i vilken mycket vietnamesisk historia har ägt rum. Botsett fran att Ho chi minh har pluggat här är det ocksa staden i vilken Nguyen dynastien har funnits. Vi tog det väldigt lungt har. Bara kollade Posted by Eribel in Asia | Jan 29, 2014
- Burials and limestone islandsYesterday morning saw us getting on a coach for four hours to go to Ha Long Bay.
We'll that was four hours of heading straight for every car on the other side of the road and weaving in and out of Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jan 28, 2014
- Uncle HoJust a quick update as we are going to Halong Bay tomorrow overnight.
We decided to go to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex this morning, so asked the hotel to call us a taxi, the journey which took less than Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jan 25, 2014
- Life in a Golf BuggyYesterday we set off for Hoa Lo Prison, where the prisoner's from The American War (as named by the Vietnamese) were imprisoned. We had to turn left out of the hotel which was very very busy, so my elation Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jan 25, 2014
- 'There are more than four million motorbikes in Ho Chi Minh'Faced with choice of a cheapish flight or a 30 hour bus journey, and with the weather in Vietnam so far not inspiring for beaches, I cheekily flew from Da Nang, near Hoi An, to Ho Chi Minh. Saigon was, Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 24, 2014
- Cooking, Christmas and Cham templesSo Hoi An held a lot of hopes - after all Lonely Planet describes it as "Vietnam's most atmospheric and delightful town" - and everyone kept telling us how beautiful it is, especially with all the lights at night, which Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 24, 2014
- Crazy HanoiThe flight to Hanoi was uneventful as I didn't move from my seat as I was worried my feet may go through the floor, Bill did venture to go to toilet but was told to sit down because of turbulence Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jan 23, 2014
- Life around the Lake in the Old QuarterHola!
Just the other day Ana and I were walking around Hoan Lake in Hanoi. The pulse of the people around the lake reminds me of the vibe around the lakes in MN. Couples hand in hand, kids running around, wierdos Posted by Sr.curtissan in Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand | Jan 20, 2014
- Vietnam -Birthday celebrations in Nha TrangOn the night of the 15th of April we all got a sleeper bus from Ho Chi Mihn to Nha Thrang. I had heard Nha Thrang was a beautiful coastal city known for its beaches and lively party scene. So Posted by Julie Kavanagh in Beyond the harbour | Sep 20, 2013
- Vietnam - Motorbike Madness in Ho Chi Mihn After getting a bus from Phnom Penh, Cambodia we arrived safely in Ho Chi Mihn, Vietnam on April 13th. My initial reaction was 'dear gawd there are motorbikes EVERYWHERE!!' It was mesmerizing but also quite daunting. ...I imagined it Posted by Julie Kavanagh in Beyond the harbour | Sep 19, 2013
- Vietnam - Phu Quoc Island We flew from Da Nang airport straight to Phu Quoc and stayed a couple of days near to the main town Duong Dong.
The night market was interesting. You can order snakes, toads, sea urchin, conch, baby shark. All still alive Posted by Gingertoad in Return to SE Asia | Jan 19, 2014
- Vietnam - Hoi An - "buy something, help me please" Haven't written anything for a while as the internet connection in Vietnam is intermittent/ non existent.
After Ho Chi Minh City we headed a bit further up north to Hoi An it's a UNESCO world heritage site and a beautifully Posted by Gingertoad in Return to SE Asia | Jan 18, 2014
- Ha Long BayGreetings friends and family!
We recently took a two day one night trip to Ha Long Bay. It was the first time we saw the sun in 12 days of being in Vietnam. Finally! Did you know that is listed Posted by Sr.curtissan in Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand | Jan 18, 2014
- HanoiWhen I left home, I had the idea that China was going to be hard work, so that I would need to spend some time over Christmas in a more relaxing environment. I was wrong about China and am not Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 17, 2014
- Vietnam #1 A month in dot points because I'm lazy Ha Tien:
- The border town near Cambodia
- Did not see another westerner in the entire time I was there
- Spent a lovely day cycling through local fishing villages
- Got what I thought was an ear Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Jan 16, 2014
- In search of a lost cityOn the banks of the Perfume River lies a small city that can claim to be the heart of Vietnam. Hue is the former capital of the Nguyen emperors and the Imperial City is a world heritage site. Unfortunately it Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 14, 2014
- Good morning Vietnam!Journeying to BKK to catch a flight to Hanoi, I encountered a fellow traveller from our tour through Cambodia and Laos. In our time in the airport, numerous grops of school children approached us to ask questions for a school Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 13, 2014
- Out with the Po Boy and in with the Pho Bo[[http://vietnamnews.vn/life-style/249801/travel-writers-rave-about-ha-nois-un-pho-gettable-soup.html]]
Trying new foods has always been a real challenge for me. Between Japan and Vietnam i've put my taste buds to the test a variety of times. Unfort Posted by Sr.curtissan in Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand | Jan 13, 2014