- Chuc Mung Nam Moi! Or Happy New YearHere in Vietnam they celebrate the Chinese New Year. Today is New Year's Eve and everyone is getting ready for the new year of the Rooster. Everywhere we walked today we saw people cleaning - motorbikes, cooking utensils, windows, floors, Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 27, 2017
- Hue After James and I encountered a viscous bout of food poisoning on Tuesday night and had a travel day Wednesday, which vengeful stomachs made a bit more exciting, we made it to Hue. The old capit Posted by BrianMader in Brian Mader | Jan 27, 2017
- South Vietnam and SaigonSaigon, Tet
Tomorrow is the New Year, Tet, and District 1 is decked out. Flowers everywhere, especially along Nguyen Hue Boulevard, which is one block over from where we're staying. What luck to arrive during Tet and to arrive Posted by Dharmarota in SE Asia/New Zealand/Sydney | Jan 27, 2017
- Goodbye to Cambodia, Hello VietnamWe got on a nice full size bus, with lots of legroom and even seat belts, for our trip to Ho Chi Minh City (HCM). We even had a guide who spoke English very well. He was our crossing the Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 26, 2017
- Danang continued..I'll start out this entry with pictures of Vietnamese Sticky rice cake called Bahn Chung...a square rice cake stuffed with mung beans and sometimes meat...bought them from a street vendor during yesterday's travels, will be today's lunch after steaming Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Jan 25, 2017
- Hanoi -> Halong BayExplored Hanoi and went to the resting place of Ho Chi Minh. Then we went to Halong Bay. Kayaked, we went to fish farms in the middle of the bay.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/872 Posted by BrianMader in Brian Mader | Jan 27, 2017
- DAYS 14 - 16DAY 14
After an early breakfast - or in my case a cup of tea – we drove down the coast to our next destination, Halong Bay.
Halong Bay is a large bay with thousands of islands. Most of these are Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 22, 2017
- Second week in Vietnam...I seem to have found, on Friday, the Bahn Mi sandwich that tickles my tastebuds the best to date!. The stall is not too far from the beach, so easy to stop by and pick up a picnic lunch. What Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Jan 31, 2017
- Day 13We woke up in Hanoi, a city that was impressed upon my consciousness in the early 70's as the USA's Vietnam war grew closer to an end.
This visit has been a total learning experience in terms of why that Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 16, 2017
- Hanoi - HaLong BayI'm writing from a bungalow located on a remote island cove in HaLong Bay. We came here yesterday, a 3-hour bus drive from Hanoi, and overnighted on our tour boat. This morning we got dropped off with a Posted by Dharmarota in SE Asia/New Zealand/Sydney | Jan 15, 2017
- Day 5After a very early start and a very fast drive to the airport we eventually arrived in Saigon (aka Ho Chi Minh City) around lunchtime. Our hotel is on the river front and close to the centre of town.
The most Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 13, 2017
- Vietnam wintercation beginsIt's January 5th and we are in Terminal 2 of the Hong Kong airport, a new terminal for us. They have great recliners and as you can see Andy made good use of one! Our gate...219 ...no kidding, I have Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Jan 31, 2017
- Häng med Högströms i Mui NeFrämsta anledningen till att vi valde stränderna just i Mui Ne som nästa stopp var att Lisa med familj skulle vara där över jullovet. Sen var det ju ett stort plus att området är vida känt för sin kitesurfning :). Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 11, 2017
- Pre-Trip PlanningIn my usual way I made the decision last fall to travel by bicycle from Hanoi to Phnom Pehn leaving January 10th, then flying to visit my son in New Zealand on February 15th. I proceeded to book all my Posted by wwrobinson in Cycling Vietnam/Cambodia- Winter 2017 | Jan 6, 2017
- SaigonVi stannade i Saigon i hela nio dagar men det kändes som mycket färre. Kanske tack vare en kul och annorlunda jul, en ny spännande stad att utforska men såklart det viktigaste - att vi träffade Wilmas bästis Lisa med Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 5, 2017
- Ha Long BayHa Long Bay
Today we leave for Ha Long Bay after not even being in Hanoi for 24 hours. We are really anticipating this day as it is one of the most iconic and must experience spots in the country. Posted by Evanda in Vietnam | Jan 4, 2017
- Hanoi So after 30 hours of travel time on 3 flights we have made it to our destination - Vietnam. Stepping off the plane and into the airport I immediately start skipping and waving my arms in the air chanting "Vietnam, Posted by Evanda in Vietnam | Jan 2, 2017
- Departure day I have lost all sense of time already...
We left our crisp - 15C, sunny and 20cm of fresh snow on Christmas day and from the Posted by Evanda in Vietnam | Dec 27, 2016
- Mui Ne
Mui Ne is a touristy town on the southeast coast of Vietnam, where we decided to spend our last few days in Vietnam at the beach. We also met up with the Irish couple we h Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Dec 7, 2016
- Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta
We landed in southern Vietnam to hot and humid weather. I had a cold, so the first day and a half I stayed home and read, while Loic ventured out to visit the Ho Chi Minh Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Dec 5, 2016
- Tam Coc, Coc Phuong National Park, and Bái Đính Temple
After another long travel day from northern Sapa to a few hours south of Hanoi, we finally landed in Tam Coc, Vietnam, known as the Halong Bay on land (see pictures from Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 27, 2016
- Sapa, VietnamWe had a long travel day from Cat Ba Island all the way to a northern mountain town called Sapa. Luckily, we traveled with the Irish couple, so we had a few later evenings out with them, drinking and Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 26, 2016
- Hanoi and Cat Ba Island, Vietman
Our first day in Vietnam began with a day in crowded Hanoi. We visited the Royal Palace, former home of Ho Chi Minh. We also visited the Ho Chi Minh museum about his life Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 25, 2016
- Making rice paper
Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 17, 2016
- Cu Chi TunnelsWe left the hotel at 07:30 today, collected by a different guide, she was lovely and bubbly. Her name was Hoa which means flower and we set off in our smaller than usual group on a two hour journey to Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 16, 2016