- Day 5After a very early start and a very fast drive to the airport we eventually arrived in Saigon (aka Ho Chi Minh City) around lunchtime. Our hotel is on the river front and close to the centre of town.
The most Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 13, 2017
- Vietnam wintercation beginsIt's January 5th and we are in Terminal 2 of the Hong Kong airport, a new terminal for us. They have great recliners and as you can see Andy made good use of one! Our gate...219 ...no kidding, I have Posted by hermanita in Winter 2017 | Jan 31, 2017
- Häng med Högströms i Mui NeFrämsta anledningen till att vi valde stränderna just i Mui Ne som nästa stopp var att Lisa med familj skulle vara där över jullovet. Sen var det ju ett stort plus att området är vida känt för sin kitesurfning :). Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 11, 2017
- Pre-Trip PlanningIn my usual way I made the decision last fall to travel by bicycle from Hanoi to Phnom Pehn leaving January 10th, then flying to visit my son in New Zealand on February 15th. I proceeded to book all my Posted by wwrobinson in Cycling Vietnam/Cambodia- Winter 2017 | Jan 6, 2017
- SaigonVi stannade i Saigon i hela nio dagar men det kändes som mycket färre. Kanske tack vare en kul och annorlunda jul, en ny spännande stad att utforska men såklart det viktigaste - att vi träffade Wilmas bästis Lisa med Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 5, 2017
- Ha Long BayHa Long Bay
Today we leave for Ha Long Bay after not even being in Hanoi for 24 hours. We are really anticipating this day as it is one of the most iconic and must experience spots in the country. Posted by Evanda in Vietnam | Jan 4, 2017
- Hanoi So after 30 hours of travel time on 3 flights we have made it to our destination - Vietnam. Stepping off the plane and into the airport I immediately start skipping and waving my arms in the air chanting "Vietnam, Posted by Evanda in Vietnam | Jan 2, 2017
- Departure day I have lost all sense of time already...
We left our crisp - 15C, sunny and 20cm of fresh snow on Christmas day and from the Posted by Evanda in Vietnam | Dec 27, 2016
- Mui Ne
Mui Ne is a touristy town on the southeast coast of Vietnam, where we decided to spend our last few days in Vietnam at the beach. We also met up with the Irish couple we h Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Dec 7, 2016
- Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta
We landed in southern Vietnam to hot and humid weather. I had a cold, so the first day and a half I stayed home and read, while Loic ventured out to visit the Ho Chi Minh Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Dec 5, 2016
- Tam Coc, Coc Phuong National Park, and Bái Đính Temple
After another long travel day from northern Sapa to a few hours south of Hanoi, we finally landed in Tam Coc, Vietnam, known as the Halong Bay on land (see pictures from Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 27, 2016
- Sapa, VietnamWe had a long travel day from Cat Ba Island all the way to a northern mountain town called Sapa. Luckily, we traveled with the Irish couple, so we had a few later evenings out with them, drinking and Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 26, 2016
- Hanoi and Cat Ba Island, Vietman
Our first day in Vietnam began with a day in crowded Hanoi. We visited the Royal Palace, former home of Ho Chi Minh. We also visited the Ho Chi Minh museum about his life Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 25, 2016
- Making rice paper
Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 17, 2016
- Cu Chi TunnelsWe left the hotel at 07:30 today, collected by a different guide, she was lovely and bubbly. Her name was Hoa which means flower and we set off in our smaller than usual group on a two hour journey to Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 16, 2016
- Hanoi: The People===Community Spirit===
Hanoi has a strong community spirit that you see in the early morning group exercises around Hoan Kiem Lake. Here are some women doing Tai Chi with swords at 6:30 AM on a week day. This was only one Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 16, 2016
- FarewellCan’t believe the first leg of the tour is over. We leave Vietnam on Thursday and head into Cambodia.
Sadly we have to say bye to a few of the group today. We had a farewell dinner last night and some Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 15, 2016
- Hanoi: The Old Quarter===The Old Quarter of Hanoi===
My hotel, Hanoi Central Park, was in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, just north of Hoan Kiem Lake. It was just the perfect place to enjoy the vibrant chaos of the narrow streets strewn with shops, Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 15, 2016
- Tuesday 15th NovemberBreakfast was simple but ok. Furniture made it difficult to get about and most crockery was the other end of the room.
We set off at 8:30 this morning, all ready for our day on the Mekong Delta river. It was Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 15, 2016
- Drinks anyone?
Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 15, 2016
- Ho chi minh city 1st day 14th NovEarly start today, up at 5 to leave the hotel at 5.30. Surprisingly refreshed to say I'd only had 4 and a half hours sleep.
We set off on the bus everyone was surprisingly cheery to say how early it Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 14, 2016
- Halong Bay===Halong Bay===
From Hanoi, Halong Bay is a 3 hour bus trip, but factor in the highway construction, the traffic and the half hour stop at the tourist trap (oh sorry, tourist emporium), it takes about 4 and a half hours. Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 13, 2016
- Sunday 13th NovemberSunday 13th November
A bit of a lay in today! Didn't have to be out til 0830.
We had opted to go on the cycle tour. Melsa and Steve joined us. We were quite pleased that it had been spitting earlier Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 13, 2016
- Saturday 12th NovemberAfter breakfast we climbed aboard our new bus and set off on the 4 hour drive to Hoi An.
Mr T, the guide, was on full form again and talked at us for the first hour of the journey.
We stopped off Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 13, 2016
- Ho Chi Minh City===Ho Chi Minh City===
Ho Chi Minh City is a big, modern, Asian city with lots of tall buildings and a horrendous traffic problem. It has lost a lot of its colonial style buildings over the years, but now is beginning Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 12, 2016