- Vietnam: Hà Nội and Hạ Long BayMike dropped us at Vientiane airport late morning and luckily we'd given ourselves over 2 hours because we were waiting on the check-in queue (of only 10 people) for almost an hour. While we were waiting Lauren tried to change Posted by advensha in Advensha | Mar 13, 2016
- Day 174: Auld Lang SyneFelt perfectly healthy again today - woohoo! :) And the first thing on today's agenda was going to a tailor, a must do when in Hoi An it seems. I ordered two dresses and a pair of pants. Probably not Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 12, 2016
- Day 173: Lanterns, Lanterns...Arrived in Hoi An at 5.30 am, woke up the poor receptionist of my hostel in order to at least drop my backpack and sit quietly in a corner, waiting for a more decent time to start exploring the city. Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 11, 2016
- Halong Bay and a little more Hanoi01/02/2016 - We were picked up at 8am for our two day trip to Halong Bay.Once on the bus we were told by our guide that we were going to be an intimate little group of 8, on a Posted by AnitaBhogal in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Mar 12, 2016
- Vietnam Day 4 - Saigon WanderingToday there was nothing planned on my itinerary until my train trip to Da Nang in the evening, so I did what I normally do in these situations - grab a map and my camera and just start wandering!
I have Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 11, 2016
- Day 172: Blown awayStarted the day with an upset stomach. After a night with a bad stomach ache, I had to threw up twice in the morning, couldn't even hold on to a little bit of water :( So this wasn't exactly my Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 10, 2016
- Day 171: Like a fairytaleToday was a rather relaxed day which was good as it was super hot - 37 degrees if you believe the phone's weather app. First we made our way to a small ferry to cross a river - passing elephants Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 9, 2016
- Halong Bay Boat Journey
The next morning I was picked up for my trip to Halong Bay or to be more precise to Bai Tu Long Bay, which is right beside Halong. As Halong Bay, is perhaps the biggest tourist Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 10, 2016
- Day 170: Hoad the rit :)Pick-up for my extended motorbike trip was again at 8.30 am which did feel a bit early after the last night... Once Hoan had strapped my huge and heavy backpack securely to his bike and velcroed me into my protective Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 8, 2016
- Day 169: Easy RiderFor today I had booked a day tour around Da Lat with an Easy Rider, so on the back of a motorbike with a knowledgeable guide. I got picked up at 8.30 am by Hoan and off we went! Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 7, 2016
- Day 168: The sights of Da Lat...My first proper day in Da Lat was dedicated to "sightseeing" and I was joined by the lovely Danielle in my quest to see something worthwhile. Well, we started with the Lam Ty Ni Pagoda where we were the only Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 6, 2016
- Vietnam Day 3 - Cu Chi Tunnels Day TripI had my usual chicken noodle soup for breakfast at the hotel.
The morning was spent travelling to the Cu Chi Tunnels north west of the city.
[center][img=htt Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 8, 2016
- Vietnam Day 2 - Mekong Delta Day TripI was picked up by mini bus from my hotel and we drove through Saigon peak hour traffic to a central place where all the day trip busses were parked.
[center][img=http://photos.tra Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 7, 2016
- Vietnam Day 1 - Saigon My flight was one of the good ones – uneventful!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/Saigon_-_Day_1_-_03 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 7, 2016
- Sapa to HanoiI arrived back to Sapa by early evening and found a room easily at the Family Guesthouse which I had noticed before and the room was just lovely for $15 CAD a night and this included a view (which Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 7, 2016
- At the end, of the trip, some are sick, some are notI'm still horribly sick so stay in bed most of the day while the others had an ok breakfast at the hotel then went shopping. They came and stopped in before going out to lunch at Go and getting a Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 7, 2016
- Day 167: Hide and seekWas scheduled to leave Mui Ne at 1 pm and because everybody was already on the bus we actually left about 20 minutes earlier - crazy! ;) The bus was only Asians and then five European travellers - and they Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 5, 2016
- It's so damn hot...Bun Bo Hue was a bad choiceWe met for breakfast at 6.30 - huge serves of delicious food as usual. I only ate a bit of fruit as still felt pretty off. A taxi took us the 35 minutes to Dong Hoi airport for our flight Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 6, 2016
- Day 166: Sand dunesGot up relatively early so that I would have time to hit the beach before going in a tour of the famous Mui Ne sand dunes in the afternoon. According to my hotel's description it is located "just minutes away Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 4, 2016
- Day 165: Leaving Ho Chi Minh CityBecause I didn't want to get up early the third day in a row, I booked the bus to Mui Ne at 2 pm. So in the morning I thought I could finally check out the big Ben Thanh market Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Mar 3, 2016
- Squeezing into Secret CaveBecause of cosy cocoon hammock, today is the first day I wasn't up early and keen to get moving (cold and uncomfortable trumps tired any day). We were told to be up at 7.30am, which is still a sleep in Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 5, 2016
- The DescentThe morning mist on the river was eerie and beautiful and we had another nice breakfast before packing up for today's adventure.
Today was the best day of the trip*. I am confident making this call, even though it is Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 4, 2016
- Yuang Yang Rice Terraces continued
That evening I met a Chinese couple and their friend and they spoke English quite well. To my delight they invited me to spend the day with them tomorrow as they had their own car. Posted by danjali in Discovering Vietnam | Mar 4, 2016
- Getting our trek onWe woke up early today, mostly due to being uncomfortable. The first thing Tinny called out was "Eri did you sleep terribly?". Yes, yes we did. It was the (cold, painful) dark before the dawn though; as we saw the Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 4, 2016
- Welcome to the Jungle
Caving trek! After a hasty breakfast (with a ridiculously good omelette in fresh baguette) it was an hour and a half drive from Phong Nha to Oxalis's office at the sta Posted by EricaJY in Vietnamming | Mar 3, 2016