So our first day on board the ship was a sea day which meant plenty of activities if you wanted to or you could choose to do nothing. We decided to start the day with a visit to the gym. Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 8, 2015
- On our way home...After nearly three weeks of the road, Onersontour are at Saigon airport and waiting for our flight home. Quite well practised little travellers we have here! There are some more posts to write when we get home, but Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Jan 3, 2015
- New year eve - Cat Tien to HCMCA few days since my last post as it has been very busy, but I am now taking a day out of the trip and watching lots of to as William is sick with a fever and nausea and so Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Jan 2, 2015
- Cat Tien National ParkWe arrived at a river ferry crossing, said goodbye to our driver and guide (who had to turn around and drive the four hours back to HCMC) and boarded a little boat. Hope this is all going to be Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 30, 2014
- Hue to Ho Chi Minh CityHue to Ho Chi Minh City
Another day and more rain in Hue, although this time with the prospect of the 33 degrees weather to follow by the middle of the day. Not sure how I am going to find Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 30, 2014
- Central VietnamBoxing Day we said goodbye to our sanctuary at the Hoi An Beach Resort and set off on our journey to Hue, the capital of Vietnam for several hundred years and the home of the final kings of Vietnam.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/479180/90AB7F1EE Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 30, 2014
- Hue cityHue city
Papaya and "Mr Lemon" picked us up from the hotel at 9am for a Hue city tour.
First stop the Hue Citadel, the most striking tourist attraction in Hue, although in reality, a product of the Nguyen dynasty, the last Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 29, 2014
- Christmas Vietnam StyleFor a country overwhelmingly dominated by Buddhists, Vietnam has embraced the idea of Christmas and New Year, predominantly for tourists, although there was some acknowledgment of a celebration of the year past and the giving of gifts as symbols of Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 25, 2014
- Hoi An - Bike TourIt has taken me a while to get around to writing two particular posts.
The first is an account of our first day in Sapa and an amazing trek through the rice paddies to the village of Lao Chai, Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 24, 2014
- Vietnam Q&AWe confirmed when we had a few days at Uluru this year that Robert definitely suffers from motion sickness. We probably knew at the back of our minds already, but hours on the bus out to Kings Canyon confirmed Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 22, 2014
- A day in Saigon
The official name now is Ho Chi Minh City but most people seem to still call it Saigon. The railway station is called Ga Sai Gon (place names often seem to be split in this way - Ha Noi, Ha Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 22, 2014
- Mekong RiverArrived off the flight at 7am Vietnam time, (1.30 am UK) none of us slept much on the flight so pretty tired!
Its so busy millions of people on scooters and its true what they say about having to just step Posted by Simpson5 in Simpsons trip to Vietnam | Dec 22, 2014
- Day 31 Angkor WatMagestic, stunning,above expectation what more can you say about kit. Up at 4.30am for a Tuk Tuk ride to Angkor Wat we had a terrific guide and a private tour with us three. He took us in the back way Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 21, 2014
- Halong Bay CruiseWe were very pleasantly surprised by the boat. There were two levels of cabins, then a top level dining room and bar with a sun deck on top. The style was very similar to allow the other Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 21, 2014
- Day 30 Siem ReapLast night the staff put on a LOverly farewell dance and presentation for us and a great meal as usual. This morning we left the boat and had a 5hr drive to Siam ReAp. The boat couldn't,t go as Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 20, 2014
- Day 29 on Tonlee Sap riverTodY was a busy day visiting two temples. The first one was a brief climb to get to top but was fascinating. The second was a very sad affair. It was decaying and in a bad way. In Australia we Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 20, 2014
- Journey to Halong BayStraight from the overnight train at 4:30am to pick up our bags from our hotel in Hanoi and then in the road to Halong City, a good four hour drive. The original plan was to wait in Hanoi and Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 20, 2014
- Robert's birthday End of Roberts birthday and our second day in the mountain region north of Hanoi. Now back at Lao Cai waiting for the overnight train back to Hanoi - where we will be met by our guide at 4:30am Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 20, 2014
- Day 28 This morning we braved the cold wind and had our fourth Tai Chi lesson. We went to a village that specialises in silk weaving. Absolutely gorgeous stuff and such delicate stuff with the fine silk thread. Back to the ship Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 18, 2014
- Day 27 This morning we travelled up the upper Mekong about 110k North of Phnom Penn. We visited the village that specialises in silver ware we watched the artisans and visited their school. The sellers Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 17, 2014
- Boarding the trainExtreme excitement here at Hanoi Railway Station. After hours of waiting for our transfer to the railway station, it is now 9:05 PM!!! (That is 1:10AM Sydney time) And we are on board the train and waiting for the Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 17, 2014
- Day 26 Phnom PennToday we visited the killing fields. It was a very chilling experience. There is a crypt for the skulls of victims which is in the thousands. Also visited S-21 prison which was a gruesome place with only 7 people surviving Posted by megwiele in Vietnam | Dec 16, 2014
- Hanoi Military MuseumWalked to the military museum this morning. We have to check out of the hotel today and will be catching the train to Lao Cai (near Sapa) so no wi-fi for a few days. Post of photos from Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 15, 2014
- Hanoi - day oneWe made it. Quite an enjoyable flight from Sydney to Singapore on a very comfortable Singapore Airlines 777. I manged to watch 3 1/2 movies. We were stressed about the less than an hour change over at Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 15, 2014
- Travelling in Vietnam - Useful informationA long and narrow country, Vietnam shares its borders with China, Laos and Cambodia and has tall mountains, rice paddy terraces on rolling hills, white sandy beaches and beautiful waterways. Most travellers decide to start off their Vietnam trip in Posted by xurykawaii in Homestay services in Vietnam | Dec 15, 2014