- Boat CrashWednesday 9th
Most of today has been spent traveling back to Hanoi from Halong Bay. We had a simple but nice breakfast on the boat. Our coach had been delayed so the guide was trying to keep us all Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 9, 2016
- Traffic ChaosBus journey to Halong Bay
Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 9, 2016
- Mekong Cruise, Day Six: Chau Doc to Vinh Long===Day 6===
From Chau Doc we sailed back onto the Mekong and anchored over night not far from Sa Dec. A boat came for us after breakfast with a Vietnamese guide and she took us for a walking tour around Sa Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 6, 2016
- Mekong Cruise, Day Five: Phnom Penh to Chau Doc===Day Five===
We were finally on the Mekong River, and when I woke up, the Toum Tiou had anchored at the border waiting for the Vietnamese border guard to stamp our passports and let us in. The purser had taken our Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 6, 2016
- Day Three - DowntimeBoth Mel and I needed time to recover from various ailments so we took a very low-key day out to prepare for our next stage which is Cambodia.
We did get out it the evening to a cool family run Posted by stuartcrooks72 in Vietnam & Cambodia | Nov 4, 2016
- Day Two - Night TimeSo after relaxing for a few hours back at the hotel, we decided to head back to Bui Vien to a restaurant called Royal Saigon. Trip advisor gave it the thumbs up so decided to give it a try. The Posted by stuartcrooks72 in Vietnam & Cambodia | Nov 4, 2016
- Day Two - Exploring the City - DayDay two was spent exploring the city. We had our 08:00am breakfast and then hopped the shuttle bus to the War museum. I fully recommend this to anyone interested in the Vietnam war. See pictures below of US artillery and Posted by stuartcrooks72 in Vietnam & Cambodia | Nov 3, 2016
- Day One - Ho Chi Minh City - Dinner TimeMel and I decided to play Human Frogger or Crossy Road for the younger generation tonight when venturing out to find a place to eat.
We found a great hawker center and experienced local food which included fish liver.
See photos below
Found Posted by stuartcrooks72 in Vietnam & Cambodia | Nov 1, 2016
- Day One - Ho Chi Minh City - Day SessionFlew into Ho Chi Minh City Airport at the crack of dawn on Tuesday Morning after the Flight from London. Flew into an absolute pea souper and 24deg cel at 5:30am. After disembarking and collecting our bags we met up Posted by stuartcrooks72 in Vietnam & Cambodia | Oct 31, 2016
- Halong Bay tour 3 days 2 nightsCONTACT
DAY 1: HANOI – HA LONG BAY
7.45 – 08.15: Pick up from your hotel in Hanoi. Drive to Halong City through the paddy fields in the Red River Delta Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Halong Bay of Vietnam | Oct 31, 2016
- CoffeeIt is possible to find a good coffee shop in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos for a good 'western' style coffee but as these countries don't produce their own fresh milk the UHT milk often used leaves an aftertaste that spoils Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 30, 2016
- Ho Chi Minh- 3 nights/3.5 days- Ho Chi Mnh or Saigon??Overview:
After a month of traveling and transiting through airports our journey to Ho Chi Minh has been our most interesting. Just about to board and they pulled Gus to one side saying something about security and baggage check before Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 30, 2016
- Hoi An- 4 nights/3.5 days - mellow yellowOverview:
Hot and extremely humid, the pool would be used A LOT 😳
Once a major port Hoi An sits along the river with its yellow painted walls and historic buildings: Japanese merchant houses, ancient tea warehouses and Chinese Temples, many Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 29, 2016
- THE VERDANT GREEN TEA HILLS IN MOC CHAUTalking about Moc Chau plateau, people often think about the verdant green tea hills, it become the endless inspiration for photographer and people travel.
In Moc Chau plateau, the tea is grown more at the farm town. This place is also Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Moc Chau Plateau | Oct 27, 2016
- Tam Giac Mach flower in Ha GiangFor backpackers and photographers who have passionate for Tam Giac Mach flower in Ha Giang, autumn is the best time to flock to this northwest mountainous region to admire blooming Tam Giac Mach Flower fields. Although you can see Tam Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Sapa - Ha Giang in Vietnam | Oct 26, 2016
- Hue- 3 nights/2.5 days - comes alive at nightOverview:
Having avoided Typhoon Sarika we arrived midday and found it eerily quiet on the streets, we felt like the city had been evacuated and we are wandering around oblivious. But that was clearly the ' down' time as a busyness Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 25, 2016
- DONG VAN KARST PLATEAU GEOPARKDong Van rocky highland Geopark was official 77th member of the Global Geopark Network on 3/10/2010. It became the first global Geopark in Viet Nam, the second in Southeast Asia.
Dong Van rocky plateau not only is sculpture product, a historical Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Sapa - Ha Giang in Vietnam | Oct 23, 2016
- Hanoi 2 nights/1.5 days- take twoOverview:
Our journey back to Hanoi started with an early morning ferry crossing from Cat Ba, followed by the drive from Haiphong to Hanoi. We arrived back at our hotel just before lunch to check in and collect our bags that Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 19, 2016
- Traveling by road Whether in Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam the requirements for driving are the same: a loud horn to use as much as possible, an ability to do multiple things at once whilst driving including using and talking on the phone Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 17, 2016
- The BEST egg coffeeWe would not have found Dinh cafe if not for specific directions.
A small sign in a bag shop facing the lake advertised its presence. You walk through the shop, down a dark corridor, up a set of dusty stairs Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 17, 2016
- Ha Long Ba & Cat Ba- 2 nights/2 days- "AMAZING!!!!"Overview:
With just a backpack the journey to Cat Ba started with the overnight sleeper train back from to Lao Cai to Hanoi - this one wasn't as good as a cabin/beds were positioned over the carriage wheels resulting Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 17, 2016
- Ta Van & Sa Pa- 2 nights/3 days -magesticalOverview:
Our journey to Tavan started with packing a backpack (for our 6 day trip there and onto Cat Ba) and catching the overnight sleeper train from Hanoi to Lao Cai, then a transfer from the train station via Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 17, 2016
- Hanoi- 1 night/1 day - 8 million people and 6 million bikesOverview:
Hanoi was an assault to the senses with its neon signs, constant tooting of car horns and smells wafting from street food stalls, especially after spending a day travelling through airports. The grand hotel lobby looked out of place Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 14, 2016
- Sapa to Dien Bein Phu-Vietnam Days 69-70Well spent most of yesterday (4/10) on a bus from Sapa to my current destination Dien Bein Phu,the bus was packed with locals and and they goods literally jammed in like sardines,the route crossed the highest road in Vietnam then Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Oct 5, 2016
- Sapa Vietnam Days 64-68Well what to say,went on 2 day trek with some local ethnic people down into the bottom of the valley and back out the other side and the scenery was mind blowing,there are 5 ethnic groups around Sapa all wearing Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Oct 3, 2016