- Hoa Lo Prison...We stumbled upon Hoa Lo Prison the other day when we only had a few hours to kill before heading to Sapa. It's located in the middle of Hanoi and was a short walk from our Hotel. It Posted by Sr.curtissan in Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand | Jan 13, 2014
- Sapa: The Invisible TownGreetings from Sapa, Vietnam!
Ana and I just finished a 3 day 2 night stay in Sapa, which is located in the Lao Cai providence about 40 kilometers from China in the north western section of Vietnam. Sapa is well know Posted by Sr.curtissan in Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand | Jan 13, 2014
- Can you see me in Cu Chi?We enjoyed our last day in Nha Trang with Gal before going our separate ways. We were headed to Saigon and she was going to Dalat. Together, we took an all day boat trip which took us to Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Jan 13, 2014
- Ho chi min, Vietnam.[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by hirnant in The Jones' go to Asia | Jan 12, 2014
- Vietnam part VI - Halong Bay & Ninh BinhLast episode of Vietnam!
Jan 2nd 5am ... suddenly woken up by the train manager bumping on the door ... "arrival in 10 min"! Remember: we were on our way back from Sapa. Before starting the long drive to Halong, scheduled Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Jan 10, 2014
- Adzin 08: Kerst / Südvietnam und Kuala Lumpur
Nadat we in het noorden van Vietnam rondgereisd hebben, ging onze tocht zuidwaarts door dit soms smalle land. We zijn in grotten geweest, op een bootje dat voor ons geroei Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jan 9, 2014
- Vietnam part V - SapaBusy day in Hanoi ... it wasn't going to get anymore relaxed in the next couple of days. We took the nighttrain to Lao Cai on the evening of the 30th Dec, we stayed over in a Sapa homestay on Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Jan 9, 2014
- Vietnam part IV - HanoiSouth Vietnam had not been completely what we had expected ... now we have all our hopes on North Vietnam. Our first stop ... Hanoi!
Arrived by plane from Nha Trang relatively early so after settling down in our hotel, we Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Jan 7, 2014
- Vietnam part III - Nha TrangHello again! A little free time to write ... Where were we? Right, we talked about the Mekong delta ...
Beautiful, romantic, white beaches, ... was the description and comments we got from people when we were talking about where Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Jan 7, 2014
- Chào down morning, noon and night...Sìn chào!
"Chàu" is pronounced just like "ciào", again, a measure of the influence the French had on the Vietnamese. "Sìn" sounds like "seen". Vualet! You speak Vietnamese!
There was no way possible for me to be here and not learn some Posted by Sr.curtissan in Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand | Jan 5, 2014
- Christmas in Nha Trang!We took an uneventful sleeper train to Hue, Vietnam. In Hue we thought we'd wander around to check out the sights. There are no tuk tuks in Vietnam but there are a lot of guys riding rickshaws Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Jan 4, 2014
- Getting my feet on the ground...and a foot massageGreetings from Hà Nôi! After a couple days i'm settling in quite well to Vietnam. It hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought it would be. After mustering up the guts to leave the hotel room friday morning (my Posted by Sr.curtissan in Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand | Jan 4, 2014
- IntroductionOver the last 18 years or so, I have had the pleasure of visiting Vietnam and Cambodia many times, usually through leading groups. Many times I found myself looking out of a bus window at the nondescript little villages and Posted by NeilRK in Neil & Bob's Crazy Walk! | Jan 4, 2014
- Dali - HanoiThis is a journey of roughly 1,000 kilometres, which I decided to do in one rather less than seamless hit: it took me almost preciesly 48 hours! It started well: because a hard sleeper is no softer than a soft Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 3, 2014
- Hanoi - Halong bay - Hué25.12.-29.12.: Hanoi
Jetzt sind wir in Vietnam!
Wir leisteten uns den Luxus von Lung Pra Bang nach Vietnam zu fliegen. Dies war eine sehr angenehme und entspannte Art zu reisen und die Grenze in ein neues Land zu überqueren. Dazu kommt, dass Posted by Eribel in Asia | Jan 3, 2014
- Hanoi - Halong bay - Hué25.12.-29.12.: Hanoi
Nu är vi i Vietnam!
Varan resan till Vietnam började lite lyxikare: vi flög fran Lung Pra Bang till Hanoi. Det var otroligt skönt att slippa aka till grensen med en buss! Det blev även lite lyxigare, i Hanoi bodde Posted by Eribel in Asia | Jan 3, 2014
- Vietnam part II - Mekong deltaWe spent Christmas Eve in Saigon ... We felt like something else than Asian food and tried some Arab food and shisha ... our little Christmas celebration! Both were a disaster :). Eventhough it's the capital, Vietnamese food is the Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Jan 3, 2014
- Vietnam part I - Ho Chi MinhGoodday!
It's been a while since we have been in touch. Lots of being on the go this week, sleeping in nighttrains, homestays etc. without internetconnection. Time to catch up!
Let's talk about Ho Chi Minh, or "Saigon" as the Vietnamese still Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Jan 3, 2014
- The Hundred Thousand Dong SwindleStill not got our head around the currency and we've been ripped off a couple of times now.
The hundred thousand bill looks a lot like the ten thousand bill. At night when it's dark or after a few beers Posted by Gingertoad in Return to SE Asia | Jan 1, 2014
- Vespa Tour of Saigon, The last day of 2013There are several companies offering bike tours around Saigon. We opted for the Vintage Vespa tour. The Vespa is such a cool iconic bike, what a great way to see the sights riding on the back off one of these Posted by Gingertoad in Return to SE Asia | Dec 31, 2013
- Bac Ha market, Sapa marketBac Ha district is 60 kilometers from Lao Cai. Bac Ha is the largest fair of Sapa. When going to market, visitors will see the high mountain, terraced fields. Sometimes, tourists have to stop the car in order to get Posted by Jenny Hoang in Travel places in Vietnam | Dec 31, 2013
- Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City - Saigon Anyone who's visited HCMC, seen travel TV Shows or read other blogs will tell you about the traffic. Nothing will prepare you for it.
A sea, no, an OCEAN of mopeds ride tandem across heaving junctions seemingly with absolutely zero Posted by Gingertoad in Return to SE Asia | Dec 30, 2013
- Adzin 07: Orientatie (2) / Nordvietnam
Vanuit Hanoi hebben we drie kleinere en grotere toeren ondernomen in verschillende windrichtingen. Meer dan noemenswaardig zijn de gekleurde kostuums van enkele van de min Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Dec 25, 2013
- travel package tour hanoiHANOI
If ever dreaming about a city where the ancient beauty mixes with the modern, the Parisian grace blends with Asian pace, Hanoi is the place where your imagination becomes reality. Known as the “dragon-eye” site of Vietnam, Hanoi is the Posted by meliamelia in my love | Dec 23, 2013
- Halong is not a piece of stringHanoi city was a crazy culture shock after the peace and gentle pace of Luang Prabang. We were fascinated and tired and overloaded all at the same time with the noise, the scooters, the people, the smells and the Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Dec 22, 2013