- 13th MayNo travel today. Walked around the neighbourhood and found the Museum of Saigon with artifacts of the war like captured US planes and a helicopter. Inside a complete history of Vietnam going back 1200 years. I also noticed that Posted by krautabout in Rainer's trip to Europe by train(almost) | May 15, 2015
- 12th MayIncredible traffic in Phnom Penh but it moves. How? Arrive in Saigon early afternoon. Train tickets for Vietnam booked in Sydney have been delivered to my hotel. What service. Hotel is right next to famous Ben Thanh markets. But it Posted by krautabout in Rainer's trip to Europe by train(almost) | May 12, 2015
- Sick, Sad & Solo in SaigonDepressing title right? Well despite the catchy alliteration, it describes most of my time in this city. But first the fun stuff...
[img=http://photos. Posted by ouicope in Globetrot with Oui | May 7, 2015
- Picturesque in Vietnam![float=left][/float] Not to be confused with Hanoi (which I have done nonstop), this place was my favorite spot I've seen in Vietnam so far and the place we spent the most time (6 d Posted by ouicope in Globetrot with Oui | May 7, 2015
- SaigonI’m once again taking the opportunity of a long bus ride amongst the crazy driving to update the blog, we’ve just left Saigon (HCMC) and we’re heading over to Mui Ne on the coast. We ended up staying in Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | May 6, 2015
- The Land of 1,600 Islands[center][/center] We did a 2 day 1 night cruise in Ha Long Bay using Bhaya Cruises (100% recommend) This cruise wa Posted by ouicope in Globetrot with Oui | May 6, 2015
- Goooood Morning from Vietnam![center]18 hours later, we made it to Vietnam!!![/center]
Hanoi is the capital cit Posted by ouicope in Globetrot with Oui | May 5, 2015
- Halong Bay and LaosSomething we will never forget - our Castaway cruise and island adventure on our private island in Halong Bay... we started by bus at 7am - drove two hours to the coast, got on a speed boat to Catba Island, Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | May 3, 2015
- Halong Bay, Day 1Our alarm went off at 4:30am.
Where are we, exactly? Oh, yeah. On the train.
A few minutes later, the music started playing over the loudspeakers, which signified that the train was arriving at a stop. Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | May 1, 2015
- Phong Nha and the CavesHello! , Well we had another one of those amazing eye opening days again :). We arrived late into Phong Nha a lot later then excepted ... seems the buses don't like to stick to schedule .... but we arrived Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Apr 26, 2015
- Goodbye Cambodia, hello Vietnam!The month we’ve had in Cambodia has passed very quickly, and we’ve enjoyed it very much. Ash and I both feel very comfortable here, but we also agree that it has shown us how much we take what we Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Apr 24, 2015
- Hué’d believe it?Our first overnight train to Hue proved to be quite pleasant compared to the Chinese trains although Rach did have a pretty traumatic experience with the toilets that decided to flush up instead of down! The Vietnamese also kept Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 20, 2012
- Da LatWe started our journey to Da lat from Mui Ne , Un aware of what we were into, we boarded the bus which was nothing more then a old school bus and proceeded to climb the very steep hills to Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Apr 15, 2015
- Hoa's Place and the Sleeper Train to HanoiWe woke early in the morning, anxious to return to Hoa's Place. We quickly packed our bags, strapped them on, checked out of our hotel, and headed down the street and back to Hoa's.
Hoa was already standing outside, waiting Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Apr 14, 2015
- Goodbye Hoi An, Hello Hoa's Place!We awoke to our last morning in Hoi An. In addition to the Delta (Can Tho), this is probably the second place we had stayed where I felt we didn't have enough time in the city. I was Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Apr 14, 2015
- Our Hoi An Free Bike TourAfter our big day of rest yesterday, we woke this morning invigorated and ready to start the day. Well, kind of. At least we only hit snooze twice, and managed to get the kids up without too much Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Apr 14, 2015
- Saigon and Mui Ne
Our bus trip to Vietnam went well... no issues at the border. On our way there we were on a barge to cross a small lake and i saw a guy eating huge cooked cockroaches...hahaha fear factor? nope just enjoys Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Apr 8, 2015
- Destination HanoiWe've made it! By various means of transport (only one for James who nursed his bike home on yet another slow puncture), 26 days later....Hanoi! The capital of Vietnam and another shrine to crazy traffic and the hoards of motorbikes Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 4, 2015
- Overnight to Hoi An - Our Day of RestI woke in the morning on the train having to, well, "#2". TMI, I'm sure, but kind of frightening given that this was more of a local train and not a tourist train. Rick quickly informed me that he had Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Mar 31, 2015
- Vinpearl Island in Nha Trang, Travel to Hoi AnTurns out, only short people sleep well on sleeper trains. While Maggie, Cary, and I slept fine, Rick couldn't stretch out on the short beds and was a bit miserable in the morning. Not to mention the train arrived in Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Mar 31, 2015
- Travel Day Back to Saigon, then to Nha TrangWe woke up in the morning for our first major day of travel. Time to leave the Mekong Delta, which was sad - this was the first place we would have to leave that we knew we would not return Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Mar 29, 2015
- Floating Market in Can ThoOK. I know I've kept y'all at the edge of your seats, waiting 3 or 4 days for my next installment. It was on purpose, as I was trying to build suspense. Did it work? :) I'm just kidding of Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Mar 29, 2015
- Blood, Sweat and InnertubesI've been hit...not by Jeremy Clarkson (as far as I'm aware) but by two things. The first an evil keneivel-esque scooter driver, more on that one later and the second by the realisation that for a cycling novice, covering the Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Mar 25, 2015
- Saigon and Can ThoWe started off Day 3 by having our new traditional breakfast: noodle soup (pho) at the (free) restaurant next to the hotel. Cary had his now traditional breakfast of chocolate milk - he is still on a bit of a Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Mar 25, 2015
- Saigon and the Cu Chi TunnelsOur plan on Day 2 in Saigon was to visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, which are a part of the Vietnamese tunnel network that was used during the Vietnam (American, here) war to defeat the American army. Getting in a Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Mar 23, 2015