- Days 29 to 32 - Hoi An[English comment below]
Nous prenons le bus de nuit depuis Phong Nha pour rejoindre Hue, puis repartir vers Hoi An. On nous informe que le seul bus vers le sud passe à 4h30 du matin, puis qu'un autre bus part de Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Nov 15, 2015
- Days 27 & 28 - Phong NhaAprès 2j à Hue nous prenons un bus pour Phong Nha, direction le nord à quelques 225 km. Avis à ceux qui veulent y aller, c'est plus malin de prendre le bus depuis Hue et de continuer au nord que Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Nov 11, 2015
- Days 25 & 26 - HueHue fut le lieu de la Cité impériale à l’époque de la dernière dynastie vietnamienne, la dynastie des Nguyen, de 1802 à 1945. La cité fut construite de 1804 à 1833 et s'étale sur plusieurs dizaine de km carrés.
Malheureusement, la Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Nov 9, 2015
- Days 21 to 24 - Ninh Binh provinceTum Coc
La région de Tum Coc est surnommée la baie d’Halong terrestre. En effet, les paysages sont similaires : on remplace l’eau salée par l’eau douce. La zone est aussi pleine de grottes impressionnantes. Pas de chance pour nous, il Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Nov 7, 2015
- Mekong Prestige IIAfter a lovely breakfast on the terrace and a stroll around the grounds we left the riverside paradise of the Mekong River Resort. A short coach journey took us to the boat dock and our floating home for the next Posted by China reunited in 6 go travelling...... Again! | Nov 19, 2015
- Cu Chi Tunnels Up at an unearthly hour for a holiday for a 7am departure to miss the worst of the Saigon rush hour. Our destination the Cu Chi tunnels to see first hand how the guerilla war was fought underground by the Posted by China reunited in 6 go travelling...... Again! | Nov 18, 2015
- Vietnam: The Overview[center][/center]
The best way to plan a vacation? Sit around one evening with your buddy drinking a few beers watching a Top Gear special that takes place in some far away location, if Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 15, 2015
- A Tale of Two Cities[center][/center]
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness.." - Not really true, I stole all of that from [[http://www Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 14, 2015
- Packing List - 18 Days in VietnamAs I reflect on our recent whirlwind trip to Vietnam, I think it would be helpful to revisit our packing list and comment on what we brought, what we wish we had brought, and what we didn't need.
We accomplished the Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Nov 14, 2015
- Walking a Sea of Green[center][/center]
[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa_Pa|Sa Pa]], a hilly region in the Northwest of Vietnam, that is littered with scattered towns and rice fields carved out of the hills i Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 10, 2015
- Days 18 to 20 - Halong bay[English comment below]
Et nous voici en route pour la baie d'Halong, connue pour être la 8ème merveille du monde, et aussi le lieu le plus visité du Vietnam. Plusieurs options pour rejoindre cette fameuse baie :
- Réserver une Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Nov 3, 2015
- Days 15 to 17 - Hanoi [English comment below]
Nouveau pays, nouveau visa, nouvelle devise : le Vietnam et le Dông ! Nous arrivons à Hanoi en début d'après midi déjà bien fatigués du vol de nuit de 3h avec étape à Bangkok...
Mais quelle arrivée sur Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Oct 31, 2015
- A Night Out on Halong Bay[center][/center]
[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%E1%BA%A1_Long_Bay|Halong Bay]] is situated in the North of Vietnam, to the east of their capital city Hanoi. It’s a large bay fill Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 29, 2015
- Food and Drink: The Red Bridge Cooking Class[center][/center]
Our last day in Hoi An, Corey and I were enrolled in the [[http://www.visithoian.com/redbridge/index.html|Red Bridge Cooking Class]]. Running from 9-3 I think it wa Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 29, 2015
- Han Long Ha Noi Bike ToursHaNoi is the capital of Vietnam and yet another city of 7 million that we have visited on the Bamboo Road. Enjoying 2 rest days in this unique city has allowed us to truly explore a city steeped in history.
Some Posted by Stephenhanlon in Tour d'Afrique - Bamboo Road | Oct 22, 2015
- Coconut Boating and a Top Gear-esque Suit![center][/center]
We spent two days and nights in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%E1%BB%99i_An|Hoi An]], it’s a centrally located town to the south of Da Nang on the Eastern shoreline Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 18, 2015
- Sa PaSaturday was Christine's last day in Vietnam, so she got up early to go the Temple of Literature. When she got back we had an early lunch at the Green Mango, an upmarket place but my meal was very disappointing. Posted by liamwimbo in Vietnam2015 | Oct 14, 2015
- Hanoi and Halong BayThe train from Dong Hoi to Hanoi was a bit late, but managed to catch it OK. Beds seemed a little bit more uncomfortable than the other overnight train, but we both managed to get a little bit of sleep Posted by liamwimbo in Vietnam2015 | Oct 11, 2015
- A trip into the countrysideTo get to the caves in Phong Nha national park, we had to get a train from Hue to Dong Hoi and then catch a taxi to the Phong Nha Farmstay. As usual, we got to the train station well Posted by liamwimbo in Vietnam2015 | Oct 8, 2015
- Hoi An and HueThe train ride from Saigon to Danang passed off very well.
Train into Danang arrived on time. Was then a 45 minute taxi ride past some beautiful beaches to get to Hoi An.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675503/IMG_20150928_165430.jpg caption Posted by liamwimbo in Vietnam2015 | Oct 4, 2015
- SaigonArrived on time from Bangkok and spotted Christine as she was ahead of me in the passport queue. We met downstairs, where I collected my luggage. Unfortunately Christine's tight connection time at Doha meant her luggage had not arrived. They Posted by liamwimbo in Vietnam2015 | Sep 29, 2015
- Around the world (again)Another big trip.
First off to Malaysia via Qatar. Unfortunately I arrived at 8:30 in the morning and barely got to my hotel in time to go to the first luncheon talk in KL.
[i Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Sep 19, 2015
- Vietnam 4After four nights in Saigon I decided to head back north, taking a bus north to Nha Trang where I hoped to find a small and relaxing sea-side town where I could spend a few days on the beach. Unfortunately, Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- Week 7 VietnamWeek 7 - Vietnam
Thursday 27th Aug- Thursday 3rd Sept
It was dark when we rumbled into Ho Chi Min City, busy and full of neon. The bus stopped a hundred metres from our Hotel. Checked in and made ourselves Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Sep 7, 2015
- Halong Bay TravelPLAN YOUR HALONG BAY VACATION
A visit to the north is not complete without a trip to Halong Bay, where placid waters give way to more than 3,000 limestone karsts and wind-sculpted limestone formations jut from foggy lagoons. Dotting the bay Posted by Kiên in Vietnam Travel Blog | Sep 1, 2015