- Nine Dragons RiverWe left our hostel in Ho Chi Minh ready to catch the bus to the Mekong. In with the caos of trying to fit all the other tourists in, the tour company pulled out stools for people to sit on.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721752/90_20150216_090019 Posted by travellinghoney in Can Kiwis Fly? | Feb 19, 2015
- Ho Chi Minh
I'm going to start with a couple of facts about Ho Chi Minh City (that we heard from a roommate. . He seems trustworthy so I believe it), anyway according to roommate M Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Feb 18, 2015
- FREE BEER!So we arrived in Hanoi and it being pretty late went out and got some delicious food at a street vendors. We had been recommended to do this by some friends from our previous tour and they said that it Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 16, 2012
- Vijetnam-na po putaHo chi minh - Dalat - Nha trang - Tuy hoa
Nakon dvosatnog leta iz Yangona prema Ho chi minhu tj. Saigonu (uz petosatno odmaranje na bangkoškom aerodromu, gdje smo već kao doma) stižemo u Vijetnam. Kasno je uvečer i Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Feb 15, 2015
- Everything is Better with Friends, Part I
We were lucky enough to get to spend two weeks of our travels with some dear friends from San Francisco. It was perfect timing as we got to spend Christmas and New Years Eve together - we Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Feb 11, 2015
- I'll try the snails but I will not eat dog meat!!So, myself and Nicola have decided that we wanted to keep a blog of our travels to look back on when we get back to Dublin but it can also serve as a medium for everyone back home to cast Posted by Bernard.loughra in Nicola and Bernard's World Trip | Feb 10, 2015
- Road Trip # Vietnam
VISA : it is not as other visa, you need to get an approbation before arriving on the territory.
You can have your approval let Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Jan 29, 2015
- Last Days in Bali and VietnamLast few days in Bali:
We had left off saying we were going to look for this temple along the ocean the next day - it was an extremely hot and humid morning so we decided to post up on the Posted by ScottandAshley in Round the World Travels 2014 | Jan 21, 2015
- Hoian City of Lights
Our favorite destination in Vietnam was Hoian. Hoian is a little old port town located at the mouth of the Thu Bon River on the coast of Vietnam about half way down the eastern seaboar Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Jan 19, 2015
- HANOI, VIETNAMAs I write this, Brandon and I are having breakfast at our current residence, the 3B hotel in the heart of Hanoi's Old Quarter. It's our second day in this wild city, and I think it's safe to say we Posted by henahan_teague in The American Numineer | Jan 18, 2015
- VietnamWell I have to say the Azamazing evening was just that. We walked into this amazing place that was filled with glowing lanterns, water lilies and beautifully elegantly dressed Vietnamese ladies. There were people folding dried banana leaves into grasshopp Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 15, 2015
- Ha Long Bay - one of the 7 wonders of the natural worldWe got on a Chinese Style Junk Boat - I have no idea why its called that because its far from junk, its fancy as! We sailed to Ha Long Bay. Luckily the weather held out for us, so we Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 15, 2015
- And so they march - Mausoleum of Ho Chi MinhNow this is a Mausoleum.
The soldier guard people take it turns to stand. We were lucky enough to catch a shift change which apparently takes place every 45 mins. And the marched like this Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 15, 2015
- Duc's Silent Protest - Self Control to the maxSo there was war going on in Vietnam. What was also happening in the 1960's was that there was a dude from the Southern Vietnamese Government going around killing Bhuddist monks which is so not cool. So a monk by Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 15, 2015
- Unicorns without horns in telephone boxesIt's a thing okay.
Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 15, 2015
- Hue - No not colours, but with an accent We travel further north, where the temperature just drops. We have travelled from temperatures about 30 degrees Celcius to about 13. Almost everyone had to invest in some warmer clothing.
We had a cyclo tour around the place.
[[http://youtu.be/PVv9 Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 15, 2015
- Hoi AnHoi An is a beautiful little city with a history. We went to see the Japanese bridge. The architecture is truly fascinating. Spent the day biking around this little city. Hoi An is also famous for its tailors. We all Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 15, 2015
- The food was so good that it brought tears to my eyes Ocean Side Resaturant - Nha Trang. Beach. White sand. Moonlit sky.
This restaurant was so amazing that we ended up dining there for two dinners and a lunch. We had what would have cost about $100 NZD for drinks, mains Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 13, 2015
- Nha Trang is absolute heaven!Though it was nearly midnight by the time we checked into our hotel, Nha Trang is a paradise!
It was so amazingly warm!!!
We went to have a mudbath which was an odd sensation. It was kind Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 13, 2015
- Wow that's yellowSpent the morning looking at cool architecture in Ho Chi Min. Went to the Notre Dame Cathedral and the post office. I wish that people would put that much effort in to normal buildings back home. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725873/90_IMG_2725. Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 13, 2015
- VietnamAfter a day at sea we arrived in Saigon (as the locals still call it) on Monday morning. Rather than hit the city straight away, our first day we did a tour of the Mekong Delta. This took us about Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 12, 2015
- Surprises at the Guesthouse We met one super cool reptile who weighed 45kg!!!
At the guest house we got to try snake curry and bbq rat for dinner. Sna Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 10, 2015
- Brace for impact We had to get to our guesthouse via San Pam.
Our rowing professionals even let us have a turn rowing the teeny boat. Not as easy as it looks.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 10, 2015
- Me Kong DeltaWent along the Me Kong Delta which is basically like the life line for most people around there. We got to observe, taste and understand the many uses of rice.
Apparently rice pop corn is a thing...
Here's the video Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 10, 2015
- Swarms of HondasOn to vietnam where we welcomed new people to our tour group.
We landed in Ho Chi Min City aka Saigon. The traffic is mental. Like worse than the rest of Asia. They know it's mental that they even sell tshirts Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 10, 2015