- Let's go homeThe next morning I’m up first and check outside the lodge for any sign of rabbits. There aren’t and I let Milo off our gated decking to do what dogs do first thing in a morning. Apparently Milo and I Posted by mickyt in Us and our Jack in Wales | Aug 27, 2016
- Elan valley walkFriday morning is clear blue skies and sunshine and we start the day with a walk along and over the river. Milo is strictly on his lead and Jo refuses to walk on the bridge at the same time as Posted by mickyt in Us and our Jack in Wales | Aug 27, 2016
- the curious incident of the face and the wall in the nightThe lodge bedroom is not dissimilar to that of a static caravan. Just enough room for a double bed and a wardrobe. Not quite as much room around the bed as we enjoy at home. I semi wake at stupid Posted by mickyt in Us and our Jack in Wales | Aug 27, 2016
- A nice dinnerThe lodge park is in the grounds of, and just across the river from, an old manor house, now a hotel and restaurant. On our afternoon walk, Milo secured by halty and lead at all times, we did a recce Posted by mickyt in Us and our Jack in Wales | Aug 27, 2016
- and they're offWildlife surrounds us. Birds are singing and there are rabbits everywhere. No, I mean there are rabbits everywhere. Milo pricks his ears up at the mention of the ‘r’ word. There are rabbits by the river, rabbits on the grass Posted by mickyt in Us and our Jack in Wales | Aug 27, 2016
- The JourneyWell, it was quite a journey to mid-Wales from Lancaster. In mileage terms it’s not that great a distance but with a stop for lunch and a couple of dog and dad stops along the way, it took the biggest Posted by mickyt in Us and our Jack in Wales | Aug 27, 2016
- Wales===Wales Cymru===
We were really excited to finally get the chance to visit Wales over a long weekend. Catching the National Express coach from the city centre was not only easy, but really cheap - £15 each return. We Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Aug 9, 2016
- Day 21 Llanberis, Wales – Llangollen, WalesBreakfast at our hotel was a little disappointing. There was a bus load of tourists there and it was like a food fest. We decided to just have cereal and toast rather than risk losing an arm. Check out bought Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 3, 2016
- Day 20 Llanelli, Wales – Llanberis, WalesParking at the Travel Lodge was free overnight as long as we were gone by 8am. I am so over having to pay for parking. So we were on the road by 7.30 and headed further west via a lovely Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 2, 2016
- Day 19 Bath, England – Somewhere unexpected in WalesIt was amazing to find that we had slept in at our “New Fairmont” until 8.30. We went down for breakfast and I ordered my regulation two poached eggs and Ross ordered eggs benedict which weren’t really benedict as he Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 2, 2016
- What do you Brecon?On Wednesday we left Cefn Coch Isaf feeling well-walked, well-fed and well up to date with the issues facing the good people of Wales. Even though we had spent the past four nights with an Australian and a Mancunian, Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 25, 2016
- Aqueduct and ConwyHello on our final day in Wales.
We travelled to Thomas Telford's famous Pontcysllte aqueduct the longest and highest in Britian. It was a quick stroll across and back again. The kids were most focused on the baby ducklings Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 23, 2016
- Wandering in WalesWe are now the proud drivers of Hugo Spearmint, a gloriously toothpaste coloured Fiat 500, cunningly named after Hugo Speer (an actor who was in The Full Monty - thanks Vikki for the local reference). Hugo has two doors Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 23, 2016
- A Sunday Drive to WalesWhat else do you do when there's the possibility of a hangover after a late night....go for a drive to Wales of course. We checked out a reservoir where the sheep roamed close to the road. Trekked the steps to Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jun 22, 2016
- Castles and the coast.Hello from northern Wales.
We have finally caught up a bit after a few days of long drives and now have our northern base for castle exploring. And what brilliant castles there are to explore. Today was a visit Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 22, 2016
- Farm StayAfter farewelling Pete (until next week at Wimbledon) we drove in rain (again) north. We were hoping to see some special sites but the rain was heavy and cloud low so on we drove. By lunch we reached Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 22, 2016
- CardiffSaturday we explored the local Cardiff area. Pete lives in a little suburb area, Penarth which is like a little seaside village on the outskirts of Cardiff complete with jetty. We also saw the new lock system which Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 22, 2016
- Farewell Italy and hello WalesHello and sorry for the break over the week while we waited for Internet access again. I'll post each trip component separately as the blog and my patience will be tested uploading photos in a large batch.
We were all Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 22, 2016
- More photosA few more photos from Wales and the wedding - upload now working, hopefully!
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 27, 2016
- Our cottage in Trecastle, WalesWe stayed in a lovely restored cottage in Trecastle for the wedding
Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 27, 2016
- Jeff and Zara's WeddingJeff and Zara were married in a stunning setting in the Welsh countryside. Zara looked beautiful and Jeff was ebullient! A very lovely wedding, lots of laughter and a few tears. The weather was cool but fine. We were delighted Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 23, 2016
- Wales southAugust 11
Left Hammonds at 11 and headed south through Wales - through Snowdonia - lunch at a pub somewhere in mid Wales.
Drove around Aberfan then continued south to Cardiff.
On through Somerset to stay at a pub in Wivliscombe. Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- WalesWe had 12 days between house sits so we decided on a 'Road Trip' around Wales then into Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and along the South Coast of England to Lewes near Brighton.
The following photo is from our last day Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Mar 12, 2016
- WalesOn Sunday we drove down some more rather small roads to a pub in Broad Haven with a fantastic views of the coastline called [[http://www.druidstone.co.uk|Druidstone hotel]]. Here we also had the opportunity to meet [[http://www.grahamehurd-wood.com Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 22, 2015
- WalesSo we left Marlow on Thursday and drove to Ammamford where we had arranged to have a quick stop with our friend Leighton's Dad, Wyn. Wyn gave us a quick tour on the town and shouted us a coffee.
Gary Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 19, 2015