- What do you Brecon?On Wednesday we left Cefn Coch Isaf feeling well-walked, well-fed and well up to date with the issues facing the good people of Wales. Even though we had spent the past four nights with an Australian and a Mancunian, Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 25, 2016
- Aqueduct and ConwyHello on our final day in Wales.
We travelled to Thomas Telford's famous Pontcysllte aqueduct the longest and highest in Britian. It was a quick stroll across and back again. The kids were most focused on the baby ducklings Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 23, 2016
- Wandering in WalesWe are now the proud drivers of Hugo Spearmint, a gloriously toothpaste coloured Fiat 500, cunningly named after Hugo Speer (an actor who was in The Full Monty - thanks Vikki for the local reference). Hugo has two doors Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 23, 2016
- A Sunday Drive to WalesWhat else do you do when there's the possibility of a hangover after a late night....go for a drive to Wales of course. We checked out a reservoir where the sheep roamed close to the road. Trekked the steps to Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jun 22, 2016
- Castles and the coast.Hello from northern Wales.
We have finally caught up a bit after a few days of long drives and now have our northern base for castle exploring. And what brilliant castles there are to explore. Today was a visit Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 22, 2016
- Farm StayAfter farewelling Pete (until next week at Wimbledon) we drove in rain (again) north. We were hoping to see some special sites but the rain was heavy and cloud low so on we drove. By lunch we reached Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 22, 2016
- CardiffSaturday we explored the local Cardiff area. Pete lives in a little suburb area, Penarth which is like a little seaside village on the outskirts of Cardiff complete with jetty. We also saw the new lock system which Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 22, 2016
- Farewell Italy and hello WalesHello and sorry for the break over the week while we waited for Internet access again. I'll post each trip component separately as the blog and my patience will be tested uploading photos in a large batch.
We were all Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 22, 2016
- More photosA few more photos from Wales and the wedding - upload now working, hopefully!
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 27, 2016
- Our cottage in Trecastle, WalesWe stayed in a lovely restored cottage in Trecastle for the wedding
Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 27, 2016
- Jeff and Zara's WeddingJeff and Zara were married in a stunning setting in the Welsh countryside. Zara looked beautiful and Jeff was ebullient! A very lovely wedding, lots of laughter and a few tears. The weather was cool but fine. We were delighted Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 23, 2016
- Wales southAugust 11
Left Hammonds at 11 and headed south through Wales - through Snowdonia - lunch at a pub somewhere in mid Wales.
Drove around Aberfan then continued south to Cardiff.
On through Somerset to stay at a pub in Wivliscombe. Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- WalesWe had 12 days between house sits so we decided on a 'Road Trip' around Wales then into Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and along the South Coast of England to Lewes near Brighton.
The following photo is from our last day Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Mar 12, 2016
- WalesOn Sunday we drove down some more rather small roads to a pub in Broad Haven with a fantastic views of the coastline called [[http://www.druidstone.co.uk|Druidstone hotel]]. Here we also had the opportunity to meet [[http://www.grahamehurd-wood.com Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 22, 2015
- WalesSo we left Marlow on Thursday and drove to Ammamford where we had arranged to have a quick stop with our friend Leighton's Dad, Wyn. Wyn gave us a quick tour on the town and shouted us a coffee.
Gary Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 19, 2015
- Half Way to BethlehemWho would have thought the day would come so quickly! Our last sightseeing day for this holiday.
Some of you reading this will claim we've been gone for ages but we can't believe our time is up tomorrow!
We collected Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Jun 11, 2015
- ChepstowWhat do you do when you play hookey from the Conference.....you take a train trip to Chepstow in Monmouthshire.
If you walk to the train station, purchase two off peak day return tickets you can board the Arriva train at Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Jun 10, 2015
- Thank goodness for £10Denise: I spent the day today with Jenny. Some friends in life you can see face to face too rarely but share a day with and enjoy relaxed conversation, drinking coffee and sharing stories as though you saw them regularly. Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Jun 9, 2015
- Revisiting the Streets of WalesOoo a bit tired from yesterday so a sleep in until 830 just happened.
We threw some breaky down, went out with a trusty map, passed the pretend steamboat funnels and smoke stack at the front of the hotel and legged Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Jun 8, 2015
- See you soon CroatiaToday we had to say see U later Split.
We flew back to Prague and had a huge temperature change. We went from sunny and hot to 14 degrees and overcast.
Tomorrow is a new day
Cheers T & N Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 8, 2015
- Hellos and GoodbyesHello Goodbye
Hello West Shetland mainland 900, hello Lerwick 1200, goodbye Shetlands Island 1605. Hello Edinbugh 1730, goodbye Edinburgh 1930 hello Cardiff 2050.
Our final drive in Shetlands for this trip was with our little Kia full of luggage all Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Jun 7, 2015
- Leaving Drinks Already!This Friday will be the last time I'll see lots of you for around two years. That makes me really sad, but on the other hand I'm also excited and more than ready for the adventure to begin - Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | May 12, 2015
A very early start today. Up at 5.15am to skype with mum (Shelley) as I keep on missing her and don’t want her to get a complex. So breakfast was at 6am. The reason for the early start is a Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 2, 2015
- Let's make a start
==Well Here We Go Then[code][code][/code][/code]==
Seems like I've managed to start a blog. keeping it going, knowing what to write and what you may want to read is another matter. I've decided to just go for it for now. Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | Mar 31, 2015
- And in the end...So this brings us to the end of my latest endevor. I love London, I've been here a couple of times so far. On all occasions, I have not been able to get to Wales. For whatever Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 20, 2014