- SchedulingThere are schedules and routines everywhere you go. Zambia is no exception. Bellow is a list of my day to day schedule, complete with the Zambian time.
**Note: Bellow is Zambian time. Most people will be 8 hours behind this time. Posted by WorldRun in The Great Travel Race | Jan 31, 2014
- Photo timeWell, we're starting our last week here at Zimba Mission Hospital. It has been a really good rotation, despite the hard situations. This weekend was busy but good - yesterday we did 3 C-sections (one for cord prolapse after a Posted by vagabundos in Ben and Mariel in Zambia | Jan 26, 2014
- A hard weekThis week has been hard. The following is an excerpt from my journal of our time here from yesterday. It was hard to live and probably hard to read, not to mention sprinkled with medical terminology. This is the reality Posted by vagabundos in Ben and Mariel in Zambia | Jan 24, 2014
- Trading PlacesNo, not the Eddie Murphy movie.
Ben and I have swapped roles in the hospital - now I am working in maternity while he covers the medical ward. Maternity encompasses several areas: the postpartum ward, which is full of the mothers Posted by vagabundos in Ben and Mariel in Zambia | Jan 20, 2014
- Hello, My Name Is___________School has begun, workers continue to work around the compound and I keep meeting new people, which means more new names for me to learn. It occurred to me that here in Zambia, on this compound, I have been called Posted by WorldRun in The Great Travel Race | Jan 14, 2014
- Staying BusyHello again,
Sorry for the delay in posting again! Rest assured we are keeping busy. We round most every day, and seem to be called in for this and that (i.e. deliveries and C-sections) whenever, in addition to staying until the Posted by vagabundos in Ben and Mariel in Zambia | Jan 14, 2014
- Zambian WayAfter two days of traveling, 4 airplane rides, 1 bus ride and lots of rain later, I made it to New Day Orphanage. Though my luggage didn't make it with me, and it has been a week since I last Posted by WorldRun in The Great Travel Race | Jan 8, 2014
- One week inHey everyone! Sorry this update is coming kind of late, we have had a very difficult time getting internet set up. It got so bad that people were starting to request we not come near their electronic devices out of Posted by vagabundos in Ben and Mariel in Zambia | Jan 7, 2014
- ZambiaWe have officially left the center and have made our way to Zambia. We flew from Arusha to Dar es Salam and were planning to spend the night in the airport because our flight to Livingstone was leaving really early Posted by kristen_george in African Adventure | Aug 6, 2013
- LusakaHet vervolg van de reis.
Bulawayo: We zijn nog een paar dagen in Bulawayo gebleven. Op de laatste dag naar het vlakbij gelegen Matopo National park gereden, een weekend uitje/picknick voor de Bulawayonezen. Mooi maar niet erg Posted by Jan-en-Anneke in Van Kaapstad naar Caïro en verder | Aug 2, 2013
- LIVINGSTONE, ZAMBIAI began my 3 week journey through Africa in Livingstone, Zambia. I stayed at the Chrismar Hotel for 5 nights. The hotel was fantastic. Free breakfast & wifi were included. There was a nice pool area with a swim-up bar.
My Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | May 30, 2013
- A working holiday in Zambia
How to describe Zambia? The sense of community within smaller towns is incredible and the people are so welcoming you almost forget you are a foreigner. Almost.
My trip was with my university so this gave me an opportunity Posted by Viewpoint13 in My Travel's | May 12, 2013
- South Luangwa National Park
Greetings all from the shores of Zanzibar! This will be my last night in sub-Saharan Africa, before I fly off to Amsterdam to begin my European journey tomorrow morning. Yet the experience I’ll be discussing in this blog entry occurred Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Feb 13, 2013
- ZambiaFrom the shores of Lake Malawi comes my report on Zambia!
I can now proudly gloat I’ve visited the last two nations on the alphabetical list of countries. I know, impressive, you’re probably all self-imploding from jealousy. I’ve also been celebrating Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Feb 4, 2013
- Attack of the HippoZambezi Correspondent Liam Stevens
A British couple have survived a savage attack by a hippopotamus while canoeing on the Lower Zambezi River in Zambia. Jennie and Jerry, from the Cotswolds in Gloucester, were enjoying the early stages of the Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Jan 30, 2013
- Livingstone, ZambiaLivingstone is like Disneyland for adrenalin junkies, and we tried to pack in as many activities as possible within our four day visit. We had such a packed schedule it was hard to remember that it was Christmas, however a Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 26, 2013
- Lusaka, ZambiaLusaka is the capital of Zambia, and thus it has several tall buildings and some developed areas. There are parts of the city where we felt as though we were back home, like when we were watching the Hobbit in Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 26, 2013
- Lower Zambezi River, ZambiaAfrica wilderness trips are not a great place for backpackers on a budget because safaris and staying out in the jungle are typically paired with luxury accommodation. Luckily, we found a resort on the Lower Zambezi River that offered both Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 24, 2013
- South Luangwa National ParkRain? In the dry season? In Africa? Are you sure? Strange but true. Our plan after breakfast is to walk to town and find a minibus to take us to the town of Mfuwe and our lodge near the Posted by bumble_bee in Africa trip | Oct 21, 2012
- Lusaka the Captial, Jungle Junction and Victoria FallsAfter breakfast we wander into modern Lusaka town, consisting of walled compounds and luxurious shopping malls, both quite new to us since we reached the African continent. We use internet, ATM, etc. We are nearly knocked over by a slow Posted by bumble_bee in Africa trip | Oct 21, 2012
- Mutinondo Wilderness Our accommodation in the wilderness is another Hansel & Gretel hut! We have sandwiches on the rock hill behind our hut for dinner, as the sun sets and the moon rises. We yet again enjoy a couple of drinks at Posted by bumble_bee in Africa trip | Oct 21, 2012
- Hot springs at Kapisyia We have a leisurely day at Kapisyia Hot Springs. We sit by the river to read. E boldly sticks his toe in the water and finds out it's freezing! (Later Dave tells us there are crocs about, so best not Posted by bumble_bee in Africa trip | Oct 21, 2012
- Country No. 2: ZambiaAs the MV Liemba arrives, there is no room dock side as some 6 or 7 boats and tankers are there. They begin an incredible re-shuffle, which sees them ´graze´ eachother! The Liemba makes a turn and heads straight into Posted by bumble_bee in Africa trip | Sep 13, 2012
- Crossing water bordersWednesday 25th July 2012 - C´s birthday - 34
There´s a light patter of morning rain, which gets heavier, in the middle of dry season. C says later that this may have been her grandmother saying hello and happy birthday. We Posted by bumble_bee in Africa trip | Sep 13, 2012
- South Luangwa National Park PhotosStayed at Wilderness Lodge on the edge of South Luangwa National Park, and at an early breakfast, this chap wandered through the camp
In the park
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by bumble_bee in Africa trip | Sep 13, 2012