- The Ndebele PeopleOnce we reached Shurugwi, our whole perspective changed. We thought it would be only villages, something we haven’t seen before. But to my surprise, it wasn’t. It was a place with not only villages but small houses and mountains. We Posted by pinkglitter in Zimbabwe | Nov 18, 2015
- Experiencing the Midlands of Zimbabwe The diverse culture I saw in Zimbabwe was truly, the most beautiful and interesting part of the country. Most of the people living in the beautiful country are African, and the commonly spoken language is English, Shona and Ndebele.
Today, Posted by pinkglitter in Zimbabwe | Nov 17, 2015
- The Greatest Show on EarthZimbabwe is the fastest-shrinking economy in the world outside a war zone and the signs of that were visible all over Southern Africa. In Namibia, in Botswana, even in Mozambique, I frequently met Zimbabwens that had gone there to find Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Sep 28, 2015
- Victoria Falls! Let the Highs and Lows Flow!We came back from our last safari drive to have one final meal made by Henley our cook. We would be on our own for food at Victoria Falls for the next night.
Our tour was almost over but t Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Oct 30, 2014
- Hwange National ParkOk so we but first a quick stop at the Painted Dog reserve...
It was not really that exciting to be honest an animal shelter with two dogs. But the painted dogs are just another species in jeopardy here in Zimbabwe. Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Oct 28, 2014
- Matobo Hills, Nswatugi Cave and a Village Visit. We left the Rhinos and headed to a camp area for a quick lunch.
We chased this rainbow lizard for a while....
[img=http://phot Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Oct 26, 2014
- The Rhino Whisperer The Rhino Whisperer
Thom wakes early and since it was Bob and Christine's anniversary we wanted to have their tent set up for them. They had upgraded the night before but there were no rooms Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 14, 2014
- Great Zimbabwe RuinsSo after posting the last entry we realized that the Great Zimbabwe Ruins were before Bert's Paradise and Thom's Birthday. The day before, so one of those really long drives was actually this day that I am about to recall. Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 14, 2014
- Hej då AfrikaIgår, torsdag, tog vi ett kärt farväl av Afrika och gav oss av på vår hemresa som skulle komma att ta över 24h. Det är med blandade känslor vi nu åker hem. Det vi har sett och upplevt här har Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 17, 2014
- LivingstoneNu är vi alltså i Zimbabwe, ett stenkast från Victoriafallen (världens största vattenfall lite beroende på hur man mäter), vi är så nära att vi hör vattnet dåna och ser de jättelika puffar av vattenånga som reser sig som rökmoln Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Unholy Hour[float=left][/float]The journey begins somewhere around the unholy hour of 3:30am on June 14th when we wake up to prepare for our flight. My parents graciously agree to pick us up at 3:45am so that we can arrive at the Posted by Regina.Hart in Botswana Wildlife Breakaway | Jul 6, 2014
- Livingstone, Zambia & ZimbabweThe day after our river cruise on the Chobe River we decided to travel to Livingstone for the day to see Victoria Falls from the Zambian side. We were returning the car in Kasane at 4pm so we left early Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Apr 30, 2014
- Lack of Customer Service DayNot as much excitement last night, but I do believe some hippos woke us up around 4:00 am, which is about right as that is the time we were told the hippo head back in to the water after grazing Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 11, 2013
- A Day at Victoria FallsLast nights adventure was not yet complete. We were awoken early to the sounds of an elephant outside our tent. The ele was ripping apart trees for quite some time. Troy tried to take a look out the door of Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- View from our room
Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- Hippo outside our room
Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- Victoria Falls
We got up early though we did not need to. Our plan was to leave the hotel at 8:30 am for our flight to Zimbabwe. We had a driver secured to take us to the hotel, but there was some Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- Botswana, Limpopo en Zimbabwe19 juli Bulawayo
Hier moeten we de blog bijwerken!
Even zien.. we waren in de Baobap camping in Botswana en gingen de volgende dag naar de zoutpannen, waar je als het nat is, zomaar in kunt verdwijnen: het zoutlaagje lost op Posted by Jan-en-Anneke in Van Kaapstad naar Caïro en verder | Jul 19, 2013
- wanna see an Elephant?
Before actually landing in Egypt, about a month before having to start this trip, knowing that Zimbabwe was a malaria infected area I had to see a doctor. The doctor prescribed me with some medicine, some pills, which cost about Posted by alexhalili in My Dream Trip around the world | Jun 10, 2013
- Lake Malawi to Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe ft. Vic FallsLeaving Zanzibar with a heavy heart, we headed to Dar-es-Salaam and were happy to see another white sand beach at the campsite to feed our withdrawals. The next night, after heading south through Tanzania, we stayed at a rustic Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | Apr 2, 2013
- Canoeing Down the ZambeziAfter a day's walking through the Zimbabwean bush in search of an elusive pack of lion and encountering a herd of buffalo (!), it was time for supper under the stars at Zambezi Life Style Ca Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Mar 16, 2013
- ZimbabweGreetings from Zambia! But I’ll only be writing about our time in Zimbabwe!
I’m sure most of you would have noticed the scandalous English mistakes laden throughout the previous blog entry, one of my biggest ever embarrassments. I apologise profusely f Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Jan 27, 2013
- Update from ZimbabweI’m sorry that I’m not so good at updating, but the internet is pretty slow when it works. I'm not able to upload pictures at the moment, but I'll try again. I’m having a great time! To do a short Posted by timeforafrica in It's time for Africa | Jan 21, 2013
- Mhoroi!Hei! Jeg har det fortsatt superbra. Opplever nye, fantastiske ting hver eneste dag! Har lyst til aa fortelle om alt, men kommer heller tilbake til det senere, for det er snart samling. Kom akkurat tilbake fra Elephant Herding, hvor vi Posted by Tuve in Tuve in Zimbabwe | Aug 9, 2012
Jeg er trygt framme:) reisen gikk veldig fint, nesten ingen problemer underveis. Motte to hyggelige jenter fra Canada og California paa flyplassen i Bulawayo, og dro sammen med de til Antelope Park. Det er et veldig fint sted!
Hadde Posted by Tuve in Tuve in Zimbabwe | Aug 1, 2012