- The Rhino Whisperer The Rhino Whisperer
Thom wakes early and since it was Bob and Christine's anniversary we wanted to have their tent set up for them. They had upgraded the night before but there were no rooms Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 14, 2014
- Great Zimbabwe RuinsSo after posting the last entry we realized that the Great Zimbabwe Ruins were before Bert's Paradise and Thom's Birthday. The day before, so one of those really long drives was actually this day that I am about to recall. Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 14, 2014
- KaribaFrom the outset I will admit that I have been a terrible blogger since arriving in Zimbabwe. I have been busy settling into a new country, a new home, a new occupation, making new friends. It's been absolutely amazing.
The Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | Jul 24, 2014
- Hej då AfrikaIgår, torsdag, tog vi ett kärt farväl av Afrika och gav oss av på vår hemresa som skulle komma att ta över 24h. Det är med blandade känslor vi nu åker hem. Det vi har sett och upplevt här har Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 17, 2014
- LivingstoneNu är vi alltså i Zimbabwe, ett stenkast från Victoriafallen (världens största vattenfall lite beroende på hur man mäter), vi är så nära att vi hör vattnet dåna och ser de jättelika puffar av vattenånga som reser sig som rökmoln Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Unholy Hour[float=left][/float]The journey begins somewhere around the unholy hour of 3:30am on June 14th when we wake up to prepare for our flight. My parents graciously agree to pick us up at 3:45am so that we can arrive at the Posted by Regina.Hart in Botswana Wildlife Breakaway | Jul 6, 2014
- Livingstone, Zambia & ZimbabweThe day after our river cruise on the Chobe River we decided to travel to Livingstone for the day to see Victoria Falls from the Zambian side. We were returning the car in Kasane at 4pm so we left early Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Apr 30, 2014
- Lack of Customer Service DayNot as much excitement last night, but I do believe some hippos woke us up around 4:00 am, which is about right as that is the time we were told the hippo head back in to the water after grazing Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 11, 2013
- A Day at Victoria FallsLast nights adventure was not yet complete. We were awoken early to the sounds of an elephant outside our tent. The ele was ripping apart trees for quite some time. Troy tried to take a look out the door of Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- View from our room
Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- Hippo outside our room
Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- Victoria Falls
We got up early though we did not need to. Our plan was to leave the hotel at 8:30 am for our flight to Zimbabwe. We had a driver secured to take us to the hotel, but there was some Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- Botswana, Limpopo en Zimbabwe19 juli Bulawayo
Hier moeten we de blog bijwerken!
Even zien.. we waren in de Baobap camping in Botswana en gingen de volgende dag naar de zoutpannen, waar je als het nat is, zomaar in kunt verdwijnen: het zoutlaagje lost op Posted by Jan-en-Anneke in Van Kaapstad naar Caïro en verder | Jul 19, 2013
- wanna see an Elephant?
Before actually landing in Egypt, about a month before having to start this trip, knowing that Zimbabwe was a malaria infected area I had to see a doctor. The doctor prescribed me with some medicine, some pills, which cost about Posted by alexhalili in My Dream Trip around the world | Jun 10, 2013
- World AIDS day: Getting to ZERO
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/582540/DSC_0019.jpg ca Posted by Digglet in Binga district, Zimbabwe | Apr 17, 2013
- Tyunga: Leaving a much needed mark
As the car rolled into Tyunga high school after a 136km journey, we learnt the true meaning of the word rural. Situated within a flat valley amongst the mountains, connected to civilisation Posted by Digglet in Binga district, Zimbabwe | Apr 17, 2013
- AIDS FREE Generation"Does anybody know what HIV stands for?” is the first question raised in front of 130 high school students. After a short moment hands are raised and a young girl at the front of the room answers “Human Immunodeficiency Posted by Digglet in Binga district, Zimbabwe | Apr 17, 2013
- Cultural ExchangeOur two day cultural exchange experience took place in Kariyangwe, a small town 50km outside of Binga central. The lush green covered mountains supported the reality that we are immersed in Zimbabwe as we travelled over bouncy, degraded dirt roads.
War Posted by Digglet in Binga district, Zimbabwe | Apr 17, 2013
- The pied piper in Binga?
Fridays here in Binga finish as early as 2pm in the office. During the hottest part of the day the volunteer group with partner organisation, Basilwizi, expected a leisurely Posted by Digglet in Binga district, Zimbabwe | Apr 17, 2013
- Lake Malawi to Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe ft. Vic FallsLeaving Zanzibar with a heavy heart, we headed to Dar-es-Salaam and were happy to see another white sand beach at the campsite to feed our withdrawals. The next night, after heading south through Tanzania, we stayed at a rustic Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | Apr 2, 2013
- Canoeing Down the ZambeziAfter a day's walking through the Zimbabwean bush in search of an elusive pack of lion and encountering a herd of buffalo (!), it was time for supper under the stars at Zambezi Life Style Ca Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Mar 16, 2013
- ZimbabweGreetings from Zambia! But I’ll only be writing about our time in Zimbabwe!
I’m sure most of you would have noticed the scandalous English mistakes laden throughout the previous blog entry, one of my biggest ever embarrassments. I apologise profusely f Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Jan 27, 2013
- Update from ZimbabweI’m sorry that I’m not so good at updating, but the internet is pretty slow when it works. I'm not able to upload pictures at the moment, but I'll try again. I’m having a great time! To do a short Posted by timeforafrica in It's time for Africa | Jan 21, 2013
- Mhoroi!Hei! Jeg har det fortsatt superbra. Opplever nye, fantastiske ting hver eneste dag! Har lyst til aa fortelle om alt, men kommer heller tilbake til det senere, for det er snart samling. Kom akkurat tilbake fra Elephant Herding, hvor vi Posted by Tuve in Tuve in Zimbabwe | Aug 9, 2012
Jeg er trygt framme:) reisen gikk veldig fint, nesten ingen problemer underveis. Motte to hyggelige jenter fra Canada og California paa flyplassen i Bulawayo, og dro sammen med de til Antelope Park. Det er et veldig fint sted!
Hadde Posted by Tuve in Tuve in Zimbabwe | Aug 1, 2012