- Zambia and Victoria FallsThursday, 6 October
Today we left Malawi and crossed the border into Zambia. This border crossing was smooth and easy: we got our exit and entry stamps without any problems and quickly drove on to our campsite for the next Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Oct 11, 2016
- Victoria Falls[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/751928/rp Posted by AliDaz2015 in Africa 2016 | Aug 14, 2016
- Bulawayo to Hwange[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/751928/rp Posted by AliDaz2015 in Africa 2016 | Aug 14, 2016
- Kruger to Zimbabwe
I hope you enjoyed our first Posted by AliDaz2015 in Africa 2016 | Aug 8, 2016
- Africa 2016Had a good sleep and up bright and early for some yoga prior to a nice buffet breakfast. Then our airport transfer for a hour long flight to Vic Falls. The "Rest" lounge was very nice while we waited Posted by SueLoja in Making Up for Lost Time | Apr 8, 2016
- "Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat"
Scored for Botswana :-
Gordon 9.0 . Fabulous place and people. Namibia with a smile!
J 9.0 for me too great place and lovely people.
Day 19 of safari
We were up at 5:15 am for a 05:45 dash to the Botswana / Zimbabwe Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Mar 31, 2016
- Ivory Lodge, Hwange, ZimbabweAfter our day touring the urban circuit in Harare, we boarded an Air Zimbabwe flight Monday morning en route to Victoria Falls International Airport. The flight lasted an hour or so, followed by a two hour bus trip to the Posted by lindaconnor in Zimbabwe! | Mar 29, 2016
- Nyanga National ParkAt dawn I was woken up by the beautiful singing of the birds, howls of the dogs and my inner screaming of what was ahead of me. I got into a rented car filled it up with gas, got a Posted by joan.. in Zimbabwe Adventures | Dec 1, 2015
- Hwange National ParkAt dawn I woke up watching the sunrise over Victoria Falls, checked out, got a car and went on a four hour drive to Hwange National Park. The drive was truly stunning. Watching the sunrise over the vast, vast hills, Posted by joan.. in Zimbabwe Adventures | Dec 1, 2015
- The Introduction to the Adventures When I first arrived in Zimbabwe, in the dry season, I immediately caught a taxi and went on a 28 minute drive from the Victoria Falls Airport too AVANI Victoria Falls resort, where I was staying.
There is multiple hotels Posted by joan.. in Zimbabwe Adventures | Dec 1, 2015
- We fed lions!Today was the day we travelled to Gweru, the capital city of Midlands Province. We started a little bit late because we were told that it wouldn’t take so long to reach. Our tour guide showed us the map of Posted by pinkglitter in Zimbabwe | Nov 24, 2015
- The Ndebele PeopleOnce we reached Shurugwi, our whole perspective changed. We thought it would be only villages, something we haven’t seen before. But to my surprise, it wasn’t. It was a place with not only villages but small houses and mountains. We Posted by pinkglitter in Zimbabwe | Nov 18, 2015
- Experiencing the Midlands of Zimbabwe The diverse culture I saw in Zimbabwe was truly, the most beautiful and interesting part of the country. Most of the people living in the beautiful country are African, and the commonly spoken language is English, Shona and Ndebele.
Today, Posted by pinkglitter in Zimbabwe | Nov 17, 2015
- The Greatest Show on EarthZimbabwe is the fastest-shrinking economy in the world outside a war zone and the signs of that were visible all over Southern Africa. In Namibia, in Botswana, even in Mozambique, I frequently met Zimbabwens that had gone there to find Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Sep 28, 2015
- Victoria Falls! Let the Highs and Lows Flow!We came back from our last safari drive to have one final meal made by Henley our cook. We would be on our own for food at Victoria Falls for the next night.
Our tour was almost over but t Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Oct 30, 2014
- Hwange National ParkOk so we but first a quick stop at the Painted Dog reserve...
It was not really that exciting to be honest an animal shelter with two dogs. But the painted dogs are just another species in jeopardy here in Zimbabwe. Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Oct 28, 2014
- Matobo Hills, Nswatugi Cave and a Village Visit. We left the Rhinos and headed to a camp area for a quick lunch.
We chased this rainbow lizard for a while....
[img=http://phot Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Oct 26, 2014
- The Rhino Whisperer The Rhino Whisperer
Thom wakes early and since it was Bob and Christine's anniversary we wanted to have their tent set up for them. They had upgraded the night before but there were no rooms Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 14, 2014
- Great Zimbabwe RuinsSo after posting the last entry we realized that the Great Zimbabwe Ruins were before Bert's Paradise and Thom's Birthday. The day before, so one of those really long drives was actually this day that I am about to recall. Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 14, 2014
- Hej då AfrikaIgår, torsdag, tog vi ett kärt farväl av Afrika och gav oss av på vår hemresa som skulle komma att ta över 24h. Det är med blandade känslor vi nu åker hem. Det vi har sett och upplevt här har Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 17, 2014
- LivingstoneNu är vi alltså i Zimbabwe, ett stenkast från Victoriafallen (världens största vattenfall lite beroende på hur man mäter), vi är så nära att vi hör vattnet dåna och ser de jättelika puffar av vattenånga som reser sig som rökmoln Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Unholy Hour[float=left][/float]The journey begins somewhere around the unholy hour of 3:30am on June 14th when we wake up to prepare for our flight. My parents graciously agree to pick us up at 3:45am so that we can arrive at the Posted by Regina.Hart in Botswana Wildlife Breakaway | Jul 6, 2014
- Livingstone, Zambia & ZimbabweThe day after our river cruise on the Chobe River we decided to travel to Livingstone for the day to see Victoria Falls from the Zambian side. We were returning the car in Kasane at 4pm so we left early Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Apr 30, 2014
- Lack of Customer Service DayNot as much excitement last night, but I do believe some hippos woke us up around 4:00 am, which is about right as that is the time we were told the hippo head back in to the water after grazing Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 11, 2013
- A Day at Victoria FallsLast nights adventure was not yet complete. We were awoken early to the sounds of an elephant outside our tent. The ele was ripping apart trees for quite some time. Troy tried to take a look out the door of Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013