Blog Entries tagged 'adventure'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'adventure'
- People don’t take trips, trips take people.Blog Entry 4 – Siem Reap
The Chatuchak Bus Terminal looks like a confusing open-plan mess when you first enter, but if you spend 5 minutes looking around you realise a more accurate term would be organised chaos, with counters for Posted by kay_bramm in GetLost | Sep 29, 2015
- Gas Masks in the AltitudeWe were sad to be leaving Colombia. It is an amazing and diverse country. We really haven't seen the full extent that it has to offer and already are planning to go back.
Our next Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 22, 2015
- Our Journey to The Lost City
To be honest we were pretty scared when we set off with our little daypacks for our five-day Lost City trek. We had heard how gruelling it was and we hadn’t trained at all before we head Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 30, 2015
- Baler, Aurora 102013I started traveling back in 2013 for a reason that a lot of us can relate to, to mend a broken heart. I never thought that being outside, traveling, going to places, meeting new people, trying new things or just Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Aug 25, 2015
- EcoZip - whizzing across Waiheke Island at 60km/hrYEAH! My first blog about New Zealand.
Well, it was about bloody time as I've been here a month now. I've packed so much in I don't even know where the days have gone. I've been on so man Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Aug 25, 2015
- Spending the Winter in SydneyIt's been a while since I updated my blog! The last couple of months I have been working in a [[https://www.zomato.com/sydney/ten-buck-alley-darlinghurst|little coffee shop]] in Darlinghurst, Sydney to save up some money for my/our next road trip. The pl Posted by JulieSm in Heading to the Kimberley | Aug 16, 2015
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” [b][/b]People wrote plenty of different blogs about travelling. Some of them exciting, some are funny, another one are boring and full of unnecessary info. But no matter how they are and what you read, it will never substitute to you Posted by beautyeyes in Notes of Cheerful Pilgrim | Aug 12, 2015
After months in Mexico City I ached for some movement. So when friends in Berlin confirmed my spot working in Fusion, I jumped at the chance.
Here's some of t Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 7, 2015
- Nord KappWe made it! We reached our destination. The goal for this driving holiday was to reach the most northern point of mainland Europe, and we did it.
Actually we reached t Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 20, 2015
- Take only memories, leave only footprintsBlog 3.5 Bangkok 2
[i]The next morning I was up early, had breakfast and booked another couple of nights at 3Howw on the Hostelworld app. I left Bodega, and walked the quick way (now I knew my way around the area) Posted by kay_bramm in GetLost | Jul 8, 2015
- Just a Little IntroThe easiest way of introducing myself is by going through the spiel I've found myself repeating hundreds of times over the last few months:
"Hi, I'm Sian. I'm from Salisbury. It's in the UK. South of England. Kind of in the Posted by sianemmett in Sian's Big Adventure | Jul 6, 2015
- So what's in Billund?THIS:
After we crossed the Danish Border, we were heading to Billund, and then as we approached Legoland we explained to the kids that we would be visiting Legoland the next day, and th Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 4, 2015
- Good byes suck.I've been working on this entry for over a week. I've been putting it off due to the topic. But here it is, finally. Enjoy.
[i][b]Today's the day I (am forced to) say good bye to Africa (for now). It's Posted by AnnaBrad in This is Africa. | Jun 28, 2015
- How Nature and Architecture Combines In Taipei===Apart from the concrete city, there are a lot of natural site merging with the human architecture that you really should visit around Taipei. Beautiful beaches with cafés and bars along the seaside, towns built on a very sloppy Mountain, Posted by alex44620 in The Wanderlust Adventures | Jun 19, 2015
- The Food You Cannot Miss In Taipei===Out of the many reasons why you should pack your bags and head to Taipei now, here is one of the many reasons I think is the most attractive about Taipei. As a modern city just as same as many Posted by alex44620 in The Wanderlust Adventures | Jun 18, 2015
- Brainstorm, book and go!
'===Who'd have thought I would actually book it....==='
After long conversations with my closest friends and family I was ready to book my first long distance, travelling, holiday, alone. I had no idea where i wanted to go or what i Posted by Tribuzio in My gap fortnight and a half! | Jun 6, 2015
- Welcome to our Alaskan Adventure- Ty Campbell & Kelli SolockWe are two public school teachers in Chattanooga, Tennessee who enjoy teaching a diverse community of students. We will explore Alaska's coastal wilderness and interact with different cultures as we gain knowledge about local environmental concerns.
Ou Posted by CampbellSolock in Alaska Adventure 2015 | May 29, 2015
- Hola from Mexico City (Part 2)Sunday started off with another early wake-up....This time it was 6am instead of 5am! I'm calling that progress. Yay!!
Things work on a slower time here. Breakfast at our hostel we discovered takes about an hour. We arrive and chill Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | May 26, 2015
- The Reason Behind the Name....Imagine that you just finished a long day at work. You're tired, glad to be off, and have to do it all over again the next day. As you drive home, you try to search in your mind for a Posted by God Within in God Within | Feb 17, 2015
- Still drivingJust past Staaten National Park today, not much internet out here obviously, not much else either TBH, but nice scenery. Thank god I found a servo in time, almost ran out of petrol (here's a great tip, if somewhere says Posted by JulieSm in Heading to the Kimberley | Feb 11, 2015
- Retiring in LATIN AMERICARETIRE AT HOME? or INVESTIGATE YOUR LATIN AMERICAN OPTIONS while driving the Americas! You have probably heard; Retire in Mexico, Retire in Costa Rica, or I can live on my $1000/month pension, like a King in Nicaragua or Panama !....... Posted by rvcampertravele in Retiring in LATIN AMERICA | Feb 7, 2015
- An exciting prospect - the starting line has been drawnJust realised it is only 11 weeks or so until our travel adventure begins. In reality its already here. Deborah is leading the charge on the planning front. With every turn of a page in the travel books and Posted by Vendrig in Our 2015 travel adventure | Jan 30, 2015
- Montenegro V - Car trouble and getting out!Getting out of Montenegro
After escaping the Prokletje Mountains unscathed, we decided to head back towards Kotor and Croatia. As much as we would have loved to continue hiking in these mysterious but beautiful mountains, one of the common probl Posted by danza in There and back again | Jan 27, 2015
- Never Rush A Good ThingThere is one thing that is guaranteed: If you are doing your job just for the money you won't be lying on your deathbed wishing you'd spent more time in the office. So many people spend their lives waking at Posted by zwillenberg in Around The World In 80 Years | Jan 20, 2015
- Six monthsTravel is more than an arbitrary change of scenery, its more than just going from here to there.
It is an experience; an adventure.
What is adventure, then?
Once I read Georg Simmel defining it as an experience so outside the normal routine, Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Jan 18, 2015