Blog Entries tagged 'adventure'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'adventure'
- I See StarsI crept outside under the cover of darkness
My feet gently brushing the dewy grass
The moon dimly glowed low on the horizon
My eyes were still adjusting to the darkness
The whisper of the ocean caressed the sand and my ears
A salty sweet Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Feb 22, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Christmas In London Firstly, I apologise for such a late entry. Over the festive season, I didn’t get a chance to write and for the past two weeks I’ve been on the road/sick, so here’s a few entries I’ve been meaning to type Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 13, 2014
- Introducing: "Gentleman Adventurer"
My favourite travel book ;-) "I've been everywhere" [[http://www.amazon.de/Ich-war-%C3%BCberall-Tschetschenien-gef%C3%A4hrlichsten/dp/3864701716/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391803047&sr=8 Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Jan 26, 2014
- Hello Palma!!! So Palma de Mallorca.... It absolutely one of my favorite places yet on this planet. Having travelled the world for the past 8 years, I made my way to Palma early last year, and not having any expectations of Posted by Petrena in A winter in Palma:) | Dec 28, 2013
- A Wee Trip To Scotland
'Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful''
- Joshua J. Marine
Somewhere between place and time, day and night… OK somewhere between Edinburgh and Newcastle, I Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Dec 22, 2013
- Music Makes The World Go Round
'==Where Words Fail, Music Speaks== Hans Christian Anderson'
Music is a way of life. It shapes your moods and thoughts, opens your mind and lets your imagination run wild.
Since being abroad, my ipod has been my best friend, provi Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Dec 17, 2013
- Put down that map and get wonderfully lostWow, so I am three days and absolutely loving it here. And so much has already happened.
My first official day in Ho Chi Minh City on sunday (10th) after failing to sleep in to beat being in New Zealand time- Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Nov 11, 2013
- There Is A Light That Never Goes Out==There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is. - Einstein==
Sometimes it's the smallest ideas, the tiniest gesture, the simplest thought, that charges forward with Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Nov 11, 2013
- Trip to Xian for the National Day holiday...[center]So the journey began with a taxi to the train station; a taxi that should have cost about 10-15 yuan (£1-1.50) but because it was the National Day holiday and because we're white, we were told it would cost 30 Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Nov 2, 2013
- The Devil's MaskColours, make-up, masks, capes, costumes, sugar and the cover of night.
Halloween, the Devils Day, is the one night a year a girl can dress like a total slut, and no one can say anything - haha ok not exactly Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Nov 1, 2013
- The Heart - The High and The HurtIf your heart is just a muscle that pumps blood through your body, then why does it feel like it's shattering within you when something bad happens or feels like it's going to escape through your chest when when you're Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Oct 13, 2013
- Zombie Walk!!Zombie Walk!!!!! So every sense like flash mobs and the like have started to pop up I have always wanted to join. I finally got my chance! Seoul held an annual zombie walk! Getting all zombie-a-fied and Posted by cstravelsabroad in Charlene's Travels Abroad | Oct 3, 2013
- Hawaiian Vacation with my Russian Bear
Back in July, my boyfriend and I took a week long vacation to Oahu. It was his first time there, (and yes he is Russian, hence the title of this blog) and we filmed our Posted by GrisWorld in GrisWorld | Sep 24, 2013
- No man is an IslandEat olives in Greece... olives, tzatziki, Gyros, yogurt and lots of meat on a stick. We visited Greece during the European summer of 2012. I was still licking my wounds after my dreams of wedded bliss were derailed and Posted by ForeignProblems in #Foreignproblems | Sep 20, 2013
- Mary's quick Italian guideMary’s guide to roaming rome☺
Firstly get yourself a guide book, even if you just borrow one from the library, make sure that it divides Rome into areas or neighborhoods… this will make it easier to see everything. I would Posted by ForeignProblems in #Foreignproblems | Aug 30, 2013
- I heart ShamblesSometimes you accept things for what they are and you become settled in your thoughts, in your ideas and even in your personality. Sometimes the person you are at 26 is the person you resolve to be for the rest Posted by ForeignProblems in #Foreignproblems | Aug 30, 2013
- Roaming through Rome
'Rome is the city of echoes, the city of illusions, and the city of yearning.
Giotto di Bondone'
This was to be our first solo trip together. We had both travelled previously but it was always within the comforts of pre-packaged tour Posted by ForeignProblems in #Foreignproblems | Aug 26, 2013
- 'Tis Better to Have Loved and Lost...Right?They say absence makes the heart grow fonder but what they should also include in that is that absence is painful and will feel like a lump in your throat for some time. In this new life I've found, I Posted by CC Ya Later in CC Ya Later | Aug 8, 2013
- Life Off Society's Conventional PathSociety's conventional path goes like this: finish high school, get into a great college AND graduate from said college, get a real job that pays well, meet the man/woman of your dreams and marry them ASAP, make babies, work until Posted by CC Ya Later in CC Ya Later | Aug 8, 2013
- cracknell and the coppid beechive been to many places...and ive seen amazing things. my family has come and gone and all the while my man has been by my side. we have had fun nights, rough mornings and everything in between. we are finally Posted by tahneeinlondon in tahnee in london | Aug 6, 2013
- Crazy Canyoning - Croatia style!=="Life is either a great adventure or nothing."- Helen Keller==
===Situated with only the Adriatic sea separating Croatia and Italy, Split has many Italian influences, especially in regards to food. There are as many pizza Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 28, 2013
- There's the moment!!! Moment of truth :-)Well, a life-long practitioner of the J-i-T concept - just proved that it works, for just one more time!!!
How else would you explain - leaving office at 5pm for a 6pm bus (my good friend Sesha squeaked - 6o'clock Posted by prakashj9t3 in Globetrotting - One trip at a time | Jul 21, 2013
- A little bit of this, A little bit of that A lot of time has passed since my last blog post. Between continuing to travel for work while a Posted by GrisWorld in GrisWorld | Jul 19, 2013