Blog Entries tagged 'adventure'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'adventure'
- From the Redwood Forest
I went for a rainy, foggy hike in the Redwood Forest. The trees were, as expected, MASSIVE. And many of them hollow. So m Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
(Look how Portland I am.)
Aside from large-framed glasses and apathetic attitudes, Portland has some really beautiful surrounding nature. I met up with my friend from college, Greg. Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
- Sleepless in SeattleMaking it to the West Coast was actually pretty astonishing. The realization of how far away I'd driven was pretty cool, and being on the opposite coast, pretty much exactly across, was surreal. I was meant to stay with one Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
- Montana is on fire.But not really; that's mean.
The path from Utah to Seattle, WA was full of failures. As in, I failed a whole bunch. Also, they are failures. But only really Montana. Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 28, 2014
- Uncomfortable in Utah; Religion makes me queasy
I was nervous that getting into Utah was going to bring back the flat farmland of the Midwest, but it didn't! All I knew about Utah was that Mormons exist. Colorado reminded me of a Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 17, 2014
- Starring in the ShiningDriving in the mountains of Colorado was kind of like an amusement park ride. When I started out of Denver, it was really cool looking at the eye-level clouds I was about to drive into. Until the pretty mountains shrouded Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 16, 2014
- Presidential PleasantriesI hadn't planned to stop by Mt. Rushmore initially. It actually hadn't even crossed my mind. Someone mentioned it to me, and it went right in one ear and and out the other. It just wasn't something I was very Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 14, 2014
- Long Distance Works SometimesThe amazing thing about how I chose to do my road trip, aka mostly by the seat of my pants, is that I can change my mind about where I go, when I go, and how long I stay.
I have Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 4, 2014
- And here we go...As most of my friends know I will be off for a couple of months to travel again. This time it will take me all around the world to primarily Australia and New Zealand. And yes, I will be going Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Nov 1, 2014
- 'Letters From The Amazon' Audio Story Book Episode Six
[float=left][b]“There's something about saying the word 'jungle' which immediately invites the thoughts of danger and intense curiosity: a secret Utopia which only the boldes Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Oct 27, 2014
- A Soft Start
So I definitely cushioned my beginning, which isn't necessarily a bad thing considering I was starting from a very settled point.
My first stop was my (ex-)school, Sarah Lawrence Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Oct 21, 2014
- My Own Backyard==The opening blog post is always awkward.== You have to think about who's going to be reading it. Friends? Family? Lover(s)? Strangers? Facebook creepers?
And cater to them all. Too much intro to yourself/your trip and it'll seem funny to Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Oct 14, 2014
- VolverI have a bed, a room, a car, and responsibilities to attend to. So I guess I live here now!
Everything is the same, yet Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Oct 10, 2014
- All the possibilities.... Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- Dubai - Oman Hatta DessertDubai does not have the best climate. In fact it was terribly hot in the day time. Although everything in Dubai is air-conditioned, EVERYTHING! Including bus stops! I realized it wasn’t something to fancy about, instead it was a necessity! Posted by AkshayBhagat in Travel Diaries | Sep 23, 2014
- Hasta luego Seattle, I love you!It is hard to put into words how fortunate I am. I am so full of love for my family, friends and the emerald city I have called home most of my life. It is with this beautiful foundation I Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 3, 2014
- Introducing: "Gentleman Adventurer" "The average man, who does not know what to do with his life, wants another one which will last forever." Anatole France
On top of the world with my favourite travel bo Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Nov 5, 2014
- Passport RequiredIris just moved to South Korea and is exploring Songdo
She thought that moving to another continent meant like Mars
[img=http Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Aug 14, 2014
- My Love Triangle Since leaving our journey story in Scotland a month ago, I have received a large number of emails. They basically fall into 2 groups. There are the 29 people who have ordered Haggis Whistles. Interestingly, the expatriate Scottish buyers all Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jul 17, 2014
- 9 days and counting.My husband, 21 year old daughter and I are embarking on our next great adventure. We're the perfect travelling team and seldom have any difficulties or disagreements. I love travel planning and I love getting their input to Posted by spicylaura in Greek Odyssey | Jul 13, 2014
- Summer Holiday Adventure[center][/center]
With much coercion, Mike managed to fit all our stuff in the box on top and the boot of our car. We are off on a camping adventure! Our basic plan is to head south to Stuttgar Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 8, 2014
- Gyeongju! ... and everything else in history.Blast! Behind again. Well... better late than never I suppose...
Let's see. I need to start at the beginning of May, That's easy! Buddha's Birthday weekend!. I had a nice long (5 whole days) vacation at Posted by cstravelsabroad in Charlene's Travels Abroad | Jun 23, 2014
- Throw some more mud on the fire motherWhen Christopher Columbus set off to discover the new world he left from Portugal. This was a very important decision. Had he departed from the Inner or Outer Hebrides we would never have had Fast Food, the Internet or Bottled Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 9, 2014
- Vespa, Wine, and Pasta...continued post on Florence:
Day 3: Piazza Michelangelo & Vespa/Wine Tour
On Day 3, Kelle and I went on a walk on our own to the Piazzale Michelangelo (actually, who am I kidding, it was more like a hike…). Here there is Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jun 7, 2014
- Stick a purple carrot in the dykeHolland is actually the name of a region and former province in the Netherlands. I never knew that until I recently offended a guy simply by asking him directions. Usually I have to concentrate to offend effectively and wonder if Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 4, 2014