Blog Entries tagged 'air_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'air_travel'
- KathmanduKathmandu is one of those cities that quite literally, takes your breath away. Every aspect of life,as well as death,is contained within this relatively small city. With 1.7 million people living here, it is by far the biggest concentration of Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Oct 27, 2013
- Flight to KathmanduIn the sixties and seventies Kathmandu was a popular destination for the Hippies in search of free love and drugs (and not necessarily in that order). The overland trail led through Europe, Turkey, to India before ending at the drugs Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Oct 25, 2013
- PreparationsWell here we are, all our bags are packed we're ready to go. ( sounds like a song coming on). Tomorrow we will be on our way to Nepal. Heathrow, Delhi to Katmandu. It's quite a conundrum, packing for motorcycling Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Oct 23, 2013
- On the wayWell we've made it to Hong Kong. All arrived safely and well except I was a little unwell on the plane for some unknown reason. By the time we got to Hong Kong all was heading in the right direction Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 2, 2013
- Heading to the Land of the FreeIt was the first time I hadn't been alone on a long haul flight so I figured it would be a breeze. A quick 13-hour zip over to Los Angeles full of movies, chatting, eating and drinking but EEEEWW BOY! Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 1, 2013
- London with a brief foray to DublinWe flew from Antalya to London, dirt cheap as previously mentioned, and were picked up in the middle of the night by our good friends, Michael and EJ.
I took few pictures because the weather for most of the week was Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Feb 22, 2013
- On to Wangen, (pronounced V) GermanyWe left Tafaroute on a narrow, serpentine track through the mountains with huge drop offs most of the way back to Agadir. There we dropped off our daughter Mia, and boyfriend Dan, in front of a grand taxi stand Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 6, 2012
- Travel day to IstanbulWe had to take a 6:15am bus to the port to catch our 7am ferry back to Athens and I was miserable waking up. My back really hurt and I didnt know why.. but Andrew made me breakfast (like he Posted by mcsteener in Overseas Part II with Andrew! | Sep 24, 2012
- My Life at GatwickWhen you travel a lot, you get into a routine. I used to be able to pack in 10 minutes, walk out the door and never forget a thing. I stopped travelling frequently for business a few years Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Oct 23, 2011
- A mid-Flight Culinary DelightAir travel is time consuming and as I sat there staring around the sections rows 40-60 I realised I had forgotten how bloody far Australia is from civilisation. A depressing, reach for the noose thought occurred to me, although I Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Aug 25, 2011
- Destination Paris!So there I was, freshly laid-off, wondering what to do with the rest of my life, when I received a call from my friend Mark.
"Hey Scott ... myself, Evelyn and the kids are going to Paris. Want to come?"
"Hell, yeah!" Posted by scottness in Travels in Europe | May 9, 2011
- BBB (Bye bye Bali)Hamish left us for the Philippines after Christmas, sending us some valuable information about the country. Both me and Will are heading there, so it was more than welcome. After the villa, me and Victoria had to renew our Posted by Patrick_K in Kickin' it solo in Asia | Jan 20, 2011
- Belize Trip Report: New Romantic Adventures (Part II)Bus, Taxi and Boat, San Ignacio to Caye Caulker, November 1, 2010
The next morning I caught the bus back to Belize City. This time I was on a BBDC bus. Similar to the journey up to San Ignacio, Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Dec 22, 2010
- Belize Trip Report: New Romantic Adventures (Part I)The following blog entry is, in fact, a copy. It was written by me, but originally posted on [[http://www.flyertalk.com/|Flyertalk.com]], a website for frequent fliers. I wrote it for the [[http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/|Trip Reports Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Dec 22, 2010
- The road of contrastsIt’s been hectic, but very diverse during the last week. After coming back to Kuala Lumpur I hooked up with some other travellers in the hostel and basically saw the rest of that city, at least what I wanted Posted by Patrick_K in Kickin' it solo in Asia | Dec 10, 2010
- Last Post From The Left CoastAll our bags are packed and we've officially checked in for our flight online, so I guess that means our trip has started. Now comes to anxious process of waiting for our flight. It's set to leave at Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Nov 29, 2010
- The travel back homeGoing back home was better than the 1st time. Now we knew where we were going and all, we were more relaxed. The 1st thing I had to do was go and sell my bike to Ashik from India. He Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Nov 8, 2010
- Goodbye India, hello Sri Lanka!So much has happened the past few weeks here, that I don’t recall happening during the past few years in Sweden. It’s obviously too much to write about. I’ll just capture the highlights so you don’t get bored.
After leaving Posted by Patrick_K in Kickin' it solo in Asia | Oct 22, 2010
- London Heathrow Terminal 3Here is the truth about travelling on your own- it sucks. Airport wise at least. This is from a view point of someone who has been travelling as a pair for a number of yrs! No one to watch your Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Sep 9, 2010
- Day 23 dimanche 29 août 2010 - Au Revoir Paris, A BientotGot picked up from hotel at 10 minutes to 8 am by shuttle service. Met nice couple in shuttle from Australia who travels frequently and chatted with them.
Arrived at airport and decided not to line Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 31, 2010
- LA LA Muggy Land....Well have landed in the states (see already American calling it the states). Interesting security process – the US Government now have my fingerprints and lovely photo where I am looking my absolute best particularly after only getting about Posted by ronnie_23 in The Intrepid Travellers | Aug 27, 2010
- Guatemala here we come! / Guatemala alla vamos!Esto es una prueba Posted by Oscarfergo in Round D World Part 2 | Aug 27, 2010
- Airport Antics and Flying FunFinally on Thursday there were no more sleeps left - not even one. Oh boy oh boy oh boy was I excited!!
At the airport there was so much to do. We took our big bags Posted by Skunky in Skunky's Intrepid Journey! | Aug 26, 2010
- AthinaJ'étais en Grèce, mais maintenant à Skopia ou en Macédoine pour les non-grecques!
À Athènes, j'ai visité l'Acropole ! Il n'y avait pas trop de touriste, j'ai donc une photo du panthénon avec moi devant sans personne d'autre!!
Par la suite, Posted by genmtl in Emmenez-moi au bout de la terre | Aug 26, 2010
- New Zealand - a ravishing beauty
My mother particularly has always wanted to visit New Zealand. Last summer (2010), we realized her dream and put together a holiday the five of us would never forget. Being the travel fanatic, I spent a month reading nothing but Posted by hobo123 in a traveling hobo | Aug 24, 2010