Blog Entries tagged 'air_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'air_travel'
- Minneapolis/St. Paul International AirportIf I had to hang out in an airport this is a fairly nice one. Large, spacious, lots of shopping and food choices.
Didn't buy anything, I just wandered in and out of a few stores. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 6, 2010
- Are We There Yet?Arrived at airport sometime shortly after 12 midnite. It was like a ghost town. Deserted. People were asleep on the seats and the floor. A few were milling about trying the pass the time. I Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 6, 2010
- What *was* I worried about??The last few weeks have been a total blur. I've was workıng rıght untıl the day before I left and so focussed on my to-do lıst that I dıdnt really have tıme to thınk about the future. Only Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 2, 2010
- The Kangaroo HopThe Kangaroo Hop is a euphemism, and a pretty good one, for the brain mulching experience of flying long-haul between Australia and Europe. When the route first became feasible in the 1930's the number of hops required was measured in Posted by daberdeen in Flying | Aug 1, 2010
- Who needs sleep?Our flight had only just started. I love that the map screen in front of me says "We will be arriving at London- Heathrow Soon " and we are still 6 hours away. Carrie is already a sleeping. Posted by sullivnm25 in Scotland | Jul 31, 2010
- Indianapolis to D.C.Brian and I have made it from Indianapolis to Washington D.C. We arrived in Baltimore last night with relative ease. Thanks to Andy for the ride to the airport! Mom and Megan have graciously agreed to take care of Posted by sullivnm25 in Scotland | Jul 30, 2010
- On our way!Hi
We're now at Hong Kong airport, will be boarding soon for the final leg to Sydney.
So far we've had a few hours at George Best airport, about 5 hours at Heathrow and then a 12 hour flight to Hong Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Jul 29, 2010
- Je suis arrivée! (I've arrived!)I'm very pleased to report that I am in France and am in one piece, with all my luggage (which is always my greatest fear ever since the travel debacle of 2007). Yesterday was such a hectic and exhausting Posted by ashleemae in 36 Days in Paris | Jul 28, 2010
- On the Road AgainLate last night I realized I never went to see the statue of liberty which is only about a 15 minute walk from our hotel. So, I woke up an extra 20 minutes early so that I could go Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 27, 2010
- Vietnam Travel Plans Posted by rmcgill in Where Now? | Jul 25, 2010
- lines, lines and more linesI'm at the airport waiting to board. I usually love jfk but this airline is just ridiculous. First, it didn't have kiosks to just check in at, so I had to wait on the line, which was 2 lines. The Posted by mcsteener in Kristine's Eurotrip! | Jul 24, 2010
- The Adventure Begins...My first adventure started at Pierre-Elliot-Trudeau airport, two hours before I was supposed to leave Montreal. My flight booking didn't show up on the self-service interface at the airport which I found to be a very inauspicious start to Posted by CVMB2010 in RTW2010 | Jul 14, 2010
- Our tripWell, its been a long time since we've written to you. And a lot has happened. We left for our trip on Sunday at 10:45. got to jersey shortly after. and then we were off to Athens, Greece! Synthia will Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Jul 21, 2010
- Arrival in CanadaAnika & myself arrived in Calgary, Canada after almost 20 hours of flights and we were both extremely drained, especially me, who only got about an hour of sleep. The flight over was ok, with a decent selection of movies Posted by AnikaCorey in Canadian Adventure | Jul 12, 2010
- Dubai AirportA quick update from Dubai Airport, waiting to board the next flight to Beijing. Luckly no mishaps so far.
It was 00:40 when we landed and it was 33 degrees, instant sweaty palms as soon as we stepped off the plane. Posted by wayneanna in Wayne and Anna's travel blog | Jul 19, 2010
- Flight/First ImpressionsIt was great to be on an airplane and actually get a substantial meal! I was impressed with Virgin Atlantic and all the amenities (toothbrush/paste/sleep mask/headphones/pen/pillow/blanket). They even gave us socks which was kind of weird. Then Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- Amo l'ItaliaIts been an amazing, eye-opening past week. Not only did I get to see Roma once again, I got to experience the life of true Italian communities in the country.. no tourists, no cheesy monuments with hour-long lines.. just original Posted by Courtster in Courtney: A Foreigner to the World | Jul 19, 2010
- Glasgow AirportJust at Glasgow Airport waiting for our flight to Beijing, via Dubai, after the lengthy 35 minute flight from Leeds Bradford Airport.
A good start to our travels, Wayne's backpack had fallen to bits already, great!! Bought a new one though.
Will Posted by wayneanna in Wayne and Anna's travel blog | Jul 19, 2010
- Three days, three continents3 o'clock in the morning here in Brisbane. After leaving for Heathrow around 27 hours ago, we have made it. Three continents in three travelling days: Europe, Asia, Australasia - or is the third Oceana something..maybe that's just a night Posted by semaber in NO NEED TO PANIC | Jul 18, 2010
- Getting to the Airport...Those of you that know me know that I'm absolutely terrible with directions. Directionally challenged even. After reading the subheading you probably think I got lost on my way to Newark. In fact, it was completely out Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 18, 2010
- The Flight from SydneyA well earnt sleep in Sydney, up early to airport for check in a breaky.
Kids are in order with nana - getting spoilt with a cooked sunday breaky.
Great to wake up and not even think about checking emails or looking Posted by gregeicke in Machu Picchu & Mt Cook (NZ) | Jul 17, 2010
- Nana's here, kids sorted, we're off !!!!Nana (Lisa's Mum) arrived Thursday with a tonne of home baking (it's almost gone).
Saturday 5.30 AM could not sleep, too much on my mind for who or what I had not done for clients.
Up early to sort that bit (sorry Posted by gregeicke in Machu Picchu & Mt Cook (NZ) | Jul 16, 2010
- Erster Stop - Kairo
Im Flugzeug nach Kairo herrscht eisige Kälte und gute Stimmung. Für die Ägypter scheint der Flug ein echtes Happening zu sein und die Anweisungen der Board Crew so verbindlich wie ein freundliches Hallo. Man unterhält sich in einer Lautstä Posted by lisalaurin in Far Far Away | Jul 13, 2010
- Cheap trans-atlantic flight - the follow-upI survived the el cheapo Thomas Cook flight (http://kithica.travellerspoint.com/6/)relatively intact. We left essentially on time. They did have the advertised leg room, and the seat-back screens - although the non-premium passengers had a very Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Jul 14, 2010
- Heading east...Chicago first!They say three is a charm...I guess so. Took me three trial to pass security in Tucson.
Now "stuck" in San Diego after a lunch and walk on the beach. I could definitely stay a day longer here!! Posted by mpcarvallo in Two Thousand Ten | Jul 13, 2010