- The Best World Heritage Sites in Vietnam Listed by UNESCOHalong Bay:
Just a short few hours from Hanoi, the bay at Halong, with its craggy limestone towers dotting the wide-open bay all the way to the horizon, has long inspired Vietnamese poets and philosophers. A ride on the bay Posted by Tuyen Nguyen in Highlight in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia | Aug 8, 2014
- Top Most Famous Temples & Historical Sites in VietnamThe Cao Dai Holy See
The spiritual home base of the Cao Dai religion, a unique contemporary faith, the Holy See is a fantasyland of colored mosaics and elaborates painting. Followers are dressed in white turbans during the picturesque daily proces Posted by Tuyen Nguyen in Highlight in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia | Aug 8, 2014
- Trying to find those historically meaningful placesDay 2,
Today was supposed to be an important site visit day. Two museums are on the docket: the Museum of National History and Museum of Ethnology. To help me navigate the city and the museums are Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Jul 10, 2014
- Crusader training day,Treetop terror and Hungi HungerQuestion 1
Which father was, in a former life, nicknamed "Farrah" because of his gorgeous flowing locks?
Day started with a visit from Adam Whitelock and Wyatt Croc Posted by lcjru2014 in Lane Cove Under 14 NZ Tour 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- Buongiorno da Riomaggiore - the holiday begins!If Milano was shabby chic the Cinque Terre was amazingly shabby!
==12/5/2014 - Day 1: Milano to Riomaggiore==
After a morning exploring Milano, well walking to the Duomo and back - having decided to wait for Lee before climbing the Duomo, it Posted by louvhills in Lou's European Holiday 2014 | Jun 26, 2014
- Rarotonga & SamoaOnce again I'm migrating somewhere warmer as NZ heads into mid winter
This year I decided to see what the Cook Islands are like- but after looking at boat & flight options I decided to stay on Rarotonga a month, then Posted by waikawa in Rarotonga & Samoa | Jun 13, 2014
- Two Days in Sanjiang Dong Village, GuangxiLocated in the cross sections of Guangxi, Hunan and Guizhou provinces, Sanjiang county is home to Dong ethnic minority. There Dong people’s villages are particularly famous for their ‘Wind and Rain’ bridges, Drum Towers, stockade stilted wooden building Posted by JosieH in Josie's Blog | May 28, 2014
- Islands of murano, Burano and TorcelloThe next day in florence I wanted to walk around locally and just take pictures. This morning I was particularly from for yesterday's steak and didn't really want breakfast. So I pack my day pack and headed out. I immediately Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 13, 2014
- It's only been 10 days, does anyone miss us yet?We left 10 days ago and boy have we accomplished a lot in that time! 6 flights in 10 days and we have already seen some amazing things....
So let me start at the beginning.
3rd and 4th May 2014
The day Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | May 12, 2014
- Chuck Norris shot and partying.I woke up starving and walked into the Yellow bar for breakfast. The breakfast here is the best bang for your buck and Irish coffee is great to wake up too. While eating I overheard a guy talking about dress Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 8, 2014
- Istanbul /Kuala Lumpur - Wednesday, 24 August 2011Had a relaxed breakfast, packed and were down in reception by 10.10 am, ready to catch the airport shuttle. It only took 5 minutes to get there from the hotel. That is the beauty of staying at an Posted by gaddingabout in Turkey | May 3, 2014
- Gelibolu / Istanbul, Turkey - Tuesday, 23 August 2011Had a sleep in and went down for breakfast. Not much to choose from. The guy at the restaurant last night said that the Ozturk was the best hotel in town. I'd hate to see the worst Posted by gaddingabout in Turkey | May 3, 2014
- Canakkale / Gallipoli / Gelibolu, Turkey - Mon, 22 Aug 2011Up at 7am and had a quick breakfast.
Chatted with a couple of Aussie blokes at breakfast from Melbourne who were Posted by gaddingabout in Turkey | May 3, 2014
- Izmir /Canakkale, Turkey - Sunday, 21 August 2011Our longest drive today. Left Izmir at 9.10 am but by the time we fiddled around buying diesel and finding a garage where the air pump worked, it was more like 9.40 am. We thought we would find Posted by gaddingabout in Turkey | May 3, 2014
- Pamukkale / Izmir, Turkey - Saturday, 20 August 2011Had a good sleep in the 'ghost hotel' and thought breakfast would be funny and it was. First surprise - two other couples which means there are 10 of us staying in a hotel with 100 plus rooms. Posted by gaddingabout in Turkey | May 3, 2014
- Kusadaci / Pamukkale, Turkey - Friday, 19 August 2011Left Kusadaci after an interesting and very memorable breakfast in the courtyard of the castle. The chef brought little dishes of everything to our table - yoghurt and honey (yum), tomatoes, olives, cheese, jam, bread and freshly cooked warm Posted by gaddingabout in Turkey | May 3, 2014
- Izmir / Kusadaci, Turkey - Thursday, 18 August 2011Left Izmir at about 10.50 am with some confused directions from the reception staff about buying a card to get through the toll ways on the autobarn. We couldn't find the place, so when we saw the toll gate Posted by gaddingabout in Turkey | May 2, 2014
- Ankara / Izmir, Turkey - Wednesday, 17 August 2011What a day! Today was our most trying day yet! Set the alarm for 5.15am, showered and dressed and were down in reception at 6.00 am ready to go to the airport. Couldn't get to sleep last Posted by gaddingabout in Turkey | May 2, 2014
- Adventures...memoriesSo realizing that Melbourne is a huge city and that we are leaving 45 minutes to the east of the heard of Melbourne, we decided to take the train to the heart............Flinders Street Station. We had a dinner planned Posted by Bada Bing in JOHN & DONNA DOWN UNDER-5 YEARS LATER | May 1, 2014
- Train rides and pub crawls part 2The first pub we went to was called The Crash. A very metal genre pub with a dark mysticism about it. The bartender was once just a bar back and had just bought the bar from the owner that night. Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | Apr 30, 2014
- Kuala Lumpur / Sydney - Monday, 29 August 2011Up at 5.15 am, adequate breakfast and on to the shuttle bus to the airport - 5 minutes drive. Nervous about excess luggage - our bags together weigh 50 kgs instead of 40, but the check in girl didn't Posted by gaddingabout in Langkawi Island, Malaysia | Apr 21, 2014
- Langkawi Island /Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia -Sun, 28 Aug 2011Looked reasonably fine at breakfast, although overcast, so we thought we would get a taxi to the cablecar and semi circular bridge. Then the storm hit, so we all spent a couple of hours in our rooms, resting. Posted by gaddingabout in Langkawi Island, Malaysia | Apr 21, 2014
- Langkawi Island, Malaysia - Saturday, 27 August 2011Last night hopped into bed at 10ish and read until 11 pm. Not tired but decided to bed down. Still awake at 1 pm so decided to get up and tiptoe into the lounge room, closed the connecting Posted by gaddingabout in Langkawi Island, Malaysia | Apr 21, 2014
- Langkawi Island, Malaysia - Friday, 26 August 2011Arranged to have breakfast with Graeme and Judy at 9 am. We were woken up at 9.10 am by Graeme knocking on the door, so I guess you could say we had a good sleep. Phil was up Posted by gaddingabout in Langkawi Island, Malaysia | Apr 21, 2014
- Worst experience everLet me start by saying that we did not stay at the Seven Stars Resort and if you have any sympathy for what they did to us you will not either.
The Seven Stars Resort in Turks and Caicos has Posted by Sgt_0311 in Seven Seas Resorts...COMPLETE DISASTER! | Feb 14, 2014