Blog Entries tagged 'animal'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animal'
- How a leopard can kill your enthusiasmIt was whilst watching the leopard that I realised that I hated the Masai Mara.
With the news that I probably wouldn't be able to finally leave Nairobi until late July or early August (another 6-8weeks or so), i was not Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jun 10, 2009
- A Leopard Crossing, I know I'll sound like a snobby world-weary backpacker on this blog entry, but I really have seen a lot of good game parks and animals. Lots of them. In biiiiiig quantities; prides of up to 30 lions, schools Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | May 6, 2009
- A Hippo Under the TentLast month, when I first met the Polish Mafia, we had a great idea. We decided to do a road trip to South Luangwa National Park in the Eastern Province. Naturally, I took charge of the plan, picked a weekend Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Nov 6, 2008
- ChengduWell I arrived in the heart of the Sichuan province in the town of Chengdu after my flight from Tibet.
I spent the afternoon wandering around the city and it's beautiful parks. This city certainly push home the fact that Posted by ronanm32 in The Eastern Campaign | May 28, 2009
- Fred worldThere is very little that is as frustrating being stuck somewhere sick when you are away traveling. Though you have the support and sympathy of other travelers and passers by, they are by nature transient people and not around much. Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | May 27, 2009
- PARADISE ISLANDS
The day we were waiting for the last 3 months finally arrived! We were going to Galapagos!
We enjoyed a five day cruise going from island to island, and for the third time we bumped i Posted by kreglicka in WANDERLUST | May 12, 2009
- IPR and KrugerHey everyone! Thought I'd do another blog of my adventure this summer! I've been in SA for 2 weeks now and I'm loving it! Have met some amazing people and great new monkey friends! I'm loving work at the sanctuary, Posted by Chewbecki in South Africa take 2! | May 22, 2009
- KelownaTo drive anywhere in B.C. you must be prepared for snow and ice in the mountain passes.
Over the mountains and down the hills The valleys full of blossoms. The mountains bare or snow covered. Kelowna is a sun drenched valley Posted by patgoodeve in Patrick's Okinawa, Tokyo, Viet Nam | May 13, 2009
- In search of gibbonsOne of my (unstated) aims with this trip is to find out how much wildlife there is in Northern Thailand and how easy it is to find it. Everybody knows about hill tribes. But what about animals? Gibbons (and orangutans) Posted by pythagnz in Looking through Lanna Land | May 10, 2009
- Queenstown - Day TwoFree camping went well last night with two exceptions: the car driving by at 4am that decided to lay its horn on and the gas finally running out. Never the less today is our explore Queenstown day so off we Posted by tc2009 in Tom & Chrissy Do The South Pacific | May 6, 2009
- The Penguins are Back!After a temporary leave of absence, the penguins are back at the Woodland Park Zoo! With a beautiful new habitat, these Peru natives looked right at home. Crowds of people swarmed the new exhibit on opening weekend, and I was Posted by Jennylynn in Jennifer's Journeys | May 7, 2009
- cowboy ridingAfter a faaaaabbbulous lesson we did our homework on the balcony with vultures swooping past. We had an appetising lunch of mashed up avocado and tuna sandwiches, which were too buttery for lornas tastes, even though they contained no butter. Posted by katielorna in Costa Rica etc | May 6, 2009
- Bluebell Ride OutToday Sally and I took part in a ride out on horses to see some bluebells near Chute, Andover. Despite it raining it was a lovely day, and the riding was good fun. Plenty of walking, trotting and Posted by ackers888 in Round the World in 364 days (continued) | Apr 30, 2009
- Platypuses, Gliders, and Bilbies, oh my!Small ripples broke the calm of the dark, watery enclosure as we peered cautiously through the back door. “Milson!” The keeper called impatiently. We held our breath as a dim shape glided slowly towards us. Small, Posted by JuliaInOz in Adventures Down Under | Apr 22, 2009
- The Waiting GameThings around here have been pretty slow lately. Although I have a long weekend due to Monday being a Colombian national holiday, I don't have much planned. I made it to a movie with a friend last night, Posted by AmyLynn in Discovering Colombia | Mar 22, 2009
- PygmiesIn July I spent a few days in the Kinabatangan valley. I have written about this in a previous entry, but my account contained an elephantine omission.
On our first daytime walk in the Kinabatangan valley, the guides were nervous. Posted by Wardsan in Asia 2008-09 | Mar 22, 2009
- Here's the very Spud I was missing
Spud collecting driftwood along the Willamette River in Portland
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Posted by Daawgon in Missing Spud in Southeast Asia II | Mar 20, 2009
- Living on the Wild SideConsoled from our inital frustrations the spectacular animal sightings yesterday have me grinning, Cheshire Cat Style, even in my sleep. Dilli-The-Dunce still raises irritation within us when he appears, always at meal times, starting conversations when w Posted by AndyGem in We're Off to See The Wizard! | Mar 15, 2009
- Just Another Day in the Jungle...A 6am wake-up call was how we started our first "real" day in Chitwan and with omelette's in our belly we were ready to face the fearsome Jungle! The three Japanese ladies we shared the rickshaw ride with yesterday also Posted by AndyGem in We're Off to See The Wizard! | Mar 12, 2009
- Another day in paradise!Another beautiful day at Kruger Park shows us the best it has to offer. The most memorable things for today in the park was a couple of rhino, more lions, fruit bats, a heron with babies and a Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 6, 2009
- Thursday is the day of the lion!
The day started with a beautiful sunrise.
It made for beautiful silhoutte photos.
For the rest of my life Thursday will be known as Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 5, 2009
- Marloth Park, South AfricaSo three flights and a day later we arrive at Kruger National Park airport and get picked up by Genie Retief and our driver Frank. She quickly takes us home to their lodge in the bush of Marloth Park. Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 3, 2009
- Animals in BunakenAt Living Colours in Bunaken I lay in my bright red hammock and read. As the sun began to set the little cicak geckoes would arrive to feed and have fun.
Very often, one gecko would Posted by Wardsan in Asia 2008-09 | Mar 7, 2009
- Amazonas jungle- where Martins butt gets eaten by Piranhas!Our dream of going into the jungle was finally upon us...we were going into the deep jungle in the Amazonas! As much as we were looking forward to it we were shitting ourselves! After a lot of hassle figuring Posted by kmandmc in Our Trip | Feb 17, 2009
- Living on the Wild SideWe had great hopes for today having spent all yesterday travelling from Kochi up in the mountains to Sultanbatheri from where we would explore the Wayanad Wildlife Park today. Waking up in a modern featureless hotel devoid of any other Posted by AndyGem in We're Off to See The Wizard! | Jan 31, 2009