Blog Entries tagged 'animal'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animal'
- Another day in paradise!Another beautiful day at Kruger Park shows us the best it has to offer. The most memorable things for today in the park was a couple of rhino, more lions, fruit bats, a heron with babies and a Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 6, 2009
- Thursday is the day of the lion!
The day started with a beautiful sunrise.
It made for beautiful silhoutte photos.
For the rest of my life Thursday will be known as Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 5, 2009
- Marloth Park, South AfricaSo three flights and a day later we arrive at Kruger National Park airport and get picked up by Genie Retief and our driver Frank. She quickly takes us home to their lodge in the bush of Marloth Park. Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 3, 2009
- Animals in BunakenAt Living Colours in Bunaken I lay in my bright red hammock and read. As the sun began to set the little cicak geckoes would arrive to feed and have fun.
Very often, one gecko would Posted by Wardsan in Asia 2008-09 | Mar 7, 2009
- Amazonas jungle- where Martins butt gets eaten by Piranhas!Our dream of going into the jungle was finally upon us...we were going into the deep jungle in the Amazonas! As much as we were looking forward to it we were shitting ourselves! After a lot of hassle figuring Posted by kmandmc in Our Trip | Feb 17, 2009
- Living on the Wild SideWe had great hopes for today having spent all yesterday travelling from Kochi up in the mountains to Sultanbatheri from where we would explore the Wayanad Wildlife Park today. Waking up in a modern featureless hotel devoid of any other Posted by AndyGem in We're Off to See The Wizard! | Jan 31, 2009
- The worlds oldest living animal. Maybe.This is Jonathan.
Jonathan is a giant tortoise. For Islanders, he is a large, quiet and reasonably unremarkable local institution and a faithful old friend, if one of surprising libido for on Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jan 26, 2009
- Now entering the Wild Kingdom, Cont. (India Part 6)My co-worker Gay just had 2 wishes while in India. The first was that she wanted to see an elephant. From the previous message, you can see that even the most obvious locations in India don't necessarily have Posted by Lori V in And Away We Go... | Jan 23, 2009
- Now entering the Wild Kingdom (India Part 5)It's almost time to come home, but what adventure would be complete without experiencing a country's wildlife?
Let's start with the trip to Elephanta Island. Before any of you get excited, there were no elephants there. Posted by Lori V in And Away We Go... | Jan 23, 2009
- Panda Bites ManThis is a bit(e) of a problem if we are going to be volunteering with pandas in Sichuan! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7819372.stm)
This is what I'd like to do: [url=http://www.chinagiantpanda.com/about/picture/wash-panda-prog Posted by pendleton in The Pendleton Odyssey | Jan 9, 2009
- KL Bird Park 2Four months ago I posted a batch of photos of the bird park in Kuala Lumpur, and then forgot about the rest. Here are the others, for my Aunt Jane. Be well.
Great white pelican. Posted by Wardsan in Asia 2008-09 | Jan 7, 2009
- Costa Rica - GuacimaThis is an amazing facility located in the small city Guacima, just west of Alajuela in the central lowlands of Costa Rica. While not huge it does have an impressive array of very colourful butterflies which are raised for export Posted by WebWeaver in BlueRoads, taking the back way home | Jan 4, 2009
- Migratory BirdsIt's only about 14 or 15 days before Christmas. The air seems cooler, the time in a day seems to go faster, and you can see the Christmas decor being put up by different establishments. On the other hand, the Posted by veela in Tripster Adventures and Misadventures | Dec 9, 2008
- Angi's top 10 list of animalsNot sure of the particular order of preference yet, but I aim to tick off every animal on this list by April.
1) Giant pandas, China
2) Orang Utans, Malaysia/Indonesia
3) Seahorses, Indonesia
4) Blue footed boobies, Galapagos
5) Jaguars, Belize Posted by pendleton in The Pendleton Odyssey | Nov 16, 2008
- Penguins and Sheep Together.....WHAT????Sunday I left Queenstown and headed to Dunedin. Dunedin has a strong Scottish presence in the city. Dunedin was also the first city in New Zealand and is one of the major cities in Southern New Zealand. Posted by hmccurdy in Australia to New Zealand | Dec 8, 2008
- We stay home to babysit!!!!
I know this is a travel blog but I couldnt help it - my next favorite thing is the puppies! One of my friends needed a dog sitter last minute and we were going to be around most of Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Dec 5, 2008
- Why?Jimmy Buffett has a song about the stories we could tell...
Talkin to myself again
Wondering if this travelin is good
Is there something better we'd be doing if we could
And oh the stories we could tell
And if this all blows up and Posted by Koriquest in The Kurrent Kori Kaper | Nov 28, 2008
- Koala Bears, Dingoes and Croc's........Oh My!Okay, so I am a bit depressed. Some of you may be wondering how could I possibly be depressed being in Australia in 88 degree weather? Well let me tell you why…… I didn’t watch the Steeler game. Posted by hmccurdy in Australia to New Zealand | Nov 22, 2008
- Thom WanWe went on and elephant trek. Our elephant was called Thom Wan and he was quite character. We had a basket of bananas and sugar cane (the fuel) which he periodically flung his trunk up for us to feed Posted by ackers888 in Round the World in 364 days (continued) | Nov 17, 2008
- Katze in WallersdorfNo Joke - there is a refuge for tigers, pumas and other large cats right down the street from our house. YOu can't see the animals from the road, but you can smell them. So once a month Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Sep 6, 2008
- What is a "Binturong"?...and Lois and I saw one when out driving one night this week. Even Tom, the general manager had never seen one..
It was too dark to gate a picture, and the thing moved too fast anyway, so here's a Posted by ackers888 in Round the World in 364 days (continued) | Nov 14, 2008
- Surfer to PirateI sit here without a topic to write about and, for the life of me, I haven't been able to come up with anything decent.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't to say that my previous entries are of quality linguistic Posted by CRBackman in Circumnavigating the Globe | Nov 4, 2008
- A part of my heart is gone todayThis entry is not related to my journey but that of a wonderful cat we called Gizmo Gilroy.
Yesterday, all day, my mind was back in Virginia. I did not know why, but I kept thin Posted by oceanchild in A Semester Abroad | Nov 4, 2008
- Marrakech my blessed cityThis new year will be exciting, I have booked three suites with my friends at riad Wardat Rih. We will meet Brahim and Latifa and have some fun with them cooking some new recipes. I can't wait to eat the Posted by Paulo7890 in Marrakech and the wonders of Ali Baba | Oct 28, 2008
- Nine Lives Greece and my travel plansI've been busy today getting packed for my trip to Samos and Turkiye. I'm so excited! I'll be sure to keep you updated on that when I have internet. I think my hotel in Samos has internet but I don't Posted by oceanchild in A Semester Abroad | Oct 22, 2008