Blog Entries tagged 'animal'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animal'
- The worlds oldest living animal. Maybe.This is Jonathan.
Jonathan is a giant tortoise. For Islanders, he is a large, quiet and reasonably unremarkable local institution and a faithful old friend, if one of surprising libido for on Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jan 26, 2009
- Now entering the Wild Kingdom, Cont. (India Part 6)My co-worker Gay just had 2 wishes while in India. The first was that she wanted to see an elephant. From the previous message, you can see that even the most obvious locations in India don't necessarily have Posted by Lori V in And Away We Go... | Jan 23, 2009
- Now entering the Wild Kingdom (India Part 5)It's almost time to come home, but what adventure would be complete without experiencing a country's wildlife?
Let's start with the trip to Elephanta Island. Before any of you get excited, there were no elephants there. Posted by Lori V in And Away We Go... | Jan 23, 2009
- Panda Bites ManThis is a bit(e) of a problem if we are going to be volunteering with pandas in Sichuan! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7819372.stm)
This is what I'd like to do: [url=http://www.chinagiantpanda.com/about/picture/wash-panda-prog Posted by pendleton in The Pendleton Odyssey | Jan 9, 2009
- KL Bird Park 2Four months ago I posted a batch of photos of the bird park in Kuala Lumpur, and then forgot about the rest. Here are the others, for my Aunt Jane. Be well.
Great white pelican. Posted by Wardsan in Asia 2008-09 | Jan 7, 2009
- Costa Rica - GuacimaThis is an amazing facility located in the small city Guacima, just west of Alajuela in the central lowlands of Costa Rica. While not huge it does have an impressive array of very colourful butterflies which are raised for export Posted by WebWeaver in BlueRoads, taking the back way home | Jan 4, 2009
- Migratory BirdsIt's only about 14 or 15 days before Christmas. The air seems cooler, the time in a day seems to go faster, and you can see the Christmas decor being put up by different establishments. On the other hand, the Posted by veela in Tripster Adventures and Misadventures | Dec 9, 2008
- Angi's top 10 list of animalsNot sure of the particular order of preference yet, but I aim to tick off every animal on this list by April.
1) Giant pandas, China
2) Orang Utans, Malaysia/Indonesia
3) Seahorses, Indonesia
4) Blue footed boobies, Galapagos
5) Jaguars, Belize Posted by pendleton in The Pendleton Odyssey | Nov 16, 2008
- Penguins and Sheep Together.....WHAT????Sunday I left Queenstown and headed to Dunedin. Dunedin has a strong Scottish presence in the city. Dunedin was also the first city in New Zealand and is one of the major cities in Southern New Zealand. Posted by hmccurdy in Australia to New Zealand | Dec 8, 2008
- We stay home to babysit!!!!
I know this is a travel blog but I couldnt help it - my next favorite thing is the puppies! One of my friends needed a dog sitter last minute and we were going to be around most of Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Dec 5, 2008
- Why?Jimmy Buffett has a song about the stories we could tell...
Talkin to myself again
Wondering if this travelin is good
Is there something better we'd be doing if we could
And oh the stories we could tell
And if this all blows up and Posted by Koriquest in The Kurrent Kori Kaper | Nov 28, 2008
- Koala Bears, Dingoes and Croc's........Oh My!Okay, so I am a bit depressed. Some of you may be wondering how could I possibly be depressed being in Australia in 88 degree weather? Well let me tell you why…… I didn’t watch the Steeler game. Posted by hmccurdy in Australia to New Zealand | Nov 22, 2008
- Thom WanWe went on and elephant trek. Our elephant was called Thom Wan and he was quite character. We had a basket of bananas and sugar cane (the fuel) which he periodically flung his trunk up for us to feed Posted by ackers888 in Round the World in 364 days (continued) | Nov 17, 2008
- Katze in WallersdorfNo Joke - there is a refuge for tigers, pumas and other large cats right down the street from our house. YOu can't see the animals from the road, but you can smell them. So once a month Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Sep 6, 2008
- What is a "Binturong"?...and Lois and I saw one when out driving one night this week. Even Tom, the general manager had never seen one..
It was too dark to gate a picture, and the thing moved too fast anyway, so here's a Posted by ackers888 in Round the World in 364 days (continued) | Nov 14, 2008
- Surfer to PirateI sit here without a topic to write about and, for the life of me, I haven't been able to come up with anything decent.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't to say that my previous entries are of quality linguistic Posted by CRBackman in Circumnavigating the Globe | Nov 4, 2008
- A part of my heart is gone todayThis entry is not related to my journey but that of a wonderful cat we called Gizmo Gilroy.
Yesterday, all day, my mind was back in Virginia. I did not know why, but I kept thin Posted by oceanchild in A Semester Abroad | Nov 4, 2008
- Marrakech my blessed cityThis new year will be exciting, I have booked three suites with my friends at riad Wardat Rih. We will meet Brahim and Latifa and have some fun with them cooking some new recipes. I can't wait to eat the Posted by Paulo7890 in Marrakech and the wonders of Ali Baba | Oct 28, 2008
- Nine Lives Greece and my travel plansI've been busy today getting packed for my trip to Samos and Turkiye. I'm so excited! I'll be sure to keep you updated on that when I have internet. I think my hotel in Samos has internet but I don't Posted by oceanchild in A Semester Abroad | Oct 22, 2008
- ZanzibarJust arrived in Zanzibar, a small group of Islands off the East Coast of Tanzania, famous for spices and its role in the Africa-Asia slave trade (Zanzibar translates as 'land of the blacks'). I've spent the last few days at Posted by pullboy in Lawrence's travels | Oct 18, 2008
- Rosario, Argentinaladies and gentlemen,
welcome to my blog! it was suggested by someone to start this, and i´ve got friends who are doing the same thing, so i decided to further my ¨world wide web¨understanding. i´ve been told a blog is like Posted by escot in scott talk | Oct 14, 2008
- Out of KenyaJambo!
Had a very busy few days after arriving and have began to see some of the amazing wildlife here in Eastern Africa. I'm currently in Arusha, Tanzania.
On Thursday I left Nairobi behind for a few days to go to Posted by pullboy in Lawrence's travels | Oct 13, 2008
- Puppies of PeruWhew. Here we are. I have to talk about this. I can´t not talk about this.
In Peru there are lots of dogs. Everywhere. Wandering around. Eating trash. Ribs sticking out. My Posted by G.ICDB-UD in Entiendo un poco (Woo Peru!) | Sep 30, 2008
- The mysterious bird at the Temple of PoseidonYasus!
It's another cool, overcast, breezy day here in the city of Athens. It is quite a contrast from the oppressive heat we had the first week I was here. I like it. It makes for better sleeping. I also don't Posted by oceanchild in A Semester Abroad | Sep 28, 2008
- 我是怎么把狗带到香港的2008-SEP-28 SUNNY
1，你的狗要出境前14天打好狂犬疫苗，要在政府认可的地方，我是在深圳福田城管办的，打好晶片 Posted by xiaoli in Xiaoli 's world | Sep 27, 2008