Blog Entries tagged 'animal'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animal'
- Bird WatchingFor the first time ever we went bird watching with some friends outside of Colombo. I was not really into it, but being polite and was looking forward to getting out of the city for a bit and it Posted by JenGarbely in This Must Be The Place | May 6, 2008
- Foxes Posted by krismur in Foxes | May 1, 2008
- Foxes Posted by krismur in Foxes | Apr 25, 2008
- A Whale Shark TaleImagine, if you would, a goldfish- all gold and fish like, nonchalantly floating around in his bowl minding his own business. Perhaps he's marveling at the multi-coloured stones at the bottom or attempting to befriend his reflection or perhaps even Posted by davekrohne in Happy Slapped by a Sherpa | Apr 29, 2008
- ChangDid I mention taking an elephant ride in Chiang Mai a couple of weeks ago? I don’t think I did. We got to Chiang Mai early in the morning and while some of the group went off to Posted by Wardsan in Asia 2008-09 | Mar 31, 2008
- Update on DogWell the scare from near two weeks ago continued to haunt me until Saturday. Hopefully now, it will once and for all be resolved.
Over the past twelve days I have been monitoring the health of the dogs near Sayanusí Posted by kearlkozby in 2581 Miles to the South | Mar 31, 2008
- Somethin' Jumped up and Bit MeTuesday could not have been a worse day for me. I came to school and locked horns with the registrar some more. I can't wait for the day they get their act together. But also, today was Posted by kearlkozby in 2581 Miles to the South | Mar 26, 2008
- Elephant walk in Chiang RaiThere is no other image as identifiable of Thai culture than the elephant. This ancient beast has had a long and valuable impact on this country as a working companion and as a powerful attack force over the centuries. But Posted by DenOS.08 in In Search of the Researchable | Mar 12, 2008
- The Woman DayTest Posted by NgocThao in The Woman Day | Mar 7, 2008
- The Australia ZooI'm feeling extremely guilty about how far behind I am on entries... it's been 3+ weeks since my trip to the zoo, and I just got back from an incredible trip to Cairns, which is more presently relevant. I'll Posted by mintleaf37 in Stephanie Down Under | Feb 19, 2008
- Bannerghetta National ParkWe decided early on in our trip that we wanted to see some tigers. After some research we discovered a safari-like experience at Bannerghetta National Park outside of Bangalore and decided to experience this on Saturday.
We had the hotel taxi Posted by mexibell in Inside India | Feb 3, 2008
- Ranganthittoo Wildlife SanctuaryAfter an almost 3 hour ride from Bangalore to Mysore, we arrived at Ranhanthittoo Wildlife Sanctuary (http://www.indiawildliferesorts.com/wildlife-sanctuaries/ranganathittu-sanctuary.html), about 20 km away from Mysore. It sits along the Kaveri r Posted by mexibell in Inside India | Jan 28, 2008
- Feeding frenzies and horny elephantsNow based on the eastern side of the park we had the early mornings down pat. At dawn on the 9th, the day was already promising to be a hot one, but in the precious few cool hours from Posted by threedogs in Tales from Namibia and Botswana | Jan 12, 2008
- The early bird catches the wormHaving fortuitously caught up with my new acquaintance Tim and his family at Okakuejo Camp it soon became evident early in the conversation that Tim and his family were actually non-chalant in their attitude towards spotting lions. Now this Posted by threedogs in Tales from Namibia and Botswana | Jan 3, 2008
- Pinnewala Elephant OrphanageToday I started out on my 3 day tour of Sri Lanka. I was picked up at 4.30am from the hotel and set out to Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage.
Pinnewala follows along the same lines as the turtle hatchery. They Posted by Welliesred in Kelly's Indian Ocean Adventure | Dec 12, 2007
- Hatching TurtlesThis evening I went to the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery.
There are 5 species of turtle in Sri Lanka - Green, Olive Ridley, Hawsbill, Leatherback and loggerhead, they all lay eggs along the beaches in Sri Lanka, the eggs are Posted by Welliesred in Kelly's Indian Ocean Adventure | Dec 11, 2007
- In love with AfricaWarning!
A visit to Africa may result in your becoming afflicted with a malady for which there is no known cure . . .
The condition has afflicted many people over the centuries. Some of them were great explorers, others great Posted by mara85 in africaadicted | Dec 12, 2007
- Kamelelfkjsld afjsdflsd fjsjdf sd Posted by dmnk in dmnk | Dec 6, 2007
- On the Elephant
By the time I saw the elephant I had already given up on it. We were shoeless, wandering around inside the Hampi temple's inner courtyard. In a granite enranceway, past a humming holy ma Posted by jcooke in Yo/Salut India! | Dec 1, 2007
- Mission BeachHey guys! I'm finally at a real computer again, so I uploaded a bunch of pictures. They're all from Magnetic Island, so that probably would have made a better title, but oh well. Right now we are in Mission Beach, Posted by dogdudette in Our Aussie Adventure | Nov 7, 2007
- Beef Capital, Australia!Yee-haw!! We have stumbled upon one of the most random little towns, and I can't say I ever imagined finding something like this out here. It looks like an old western town from the movies. None of the buildings are Posted by dogdudette in Our Aussie Adventure | Oct 23, 2007
- Some photoes about Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding BaseThis morning, my friends and I paid a visit to Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Base, we set out from the hotel at 8 am, it costs 40 or 50 minutes driving to there.
The keeper will feed the panda at 9.30am, Posted by catherine9 in Little Cat Travel Around The World | Oct 21, 2007
- Testing 123Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Posted by neilswilso in Neil's test blog | Oct 16, 2007
- Akagere National Park - RwandaThis is a day trip that I took as part of a business trip to Rwanda. Akagere is a National Park located on the Eastern side of Rwanda, bordering Tanzania. It is about 2 hours by road from Posted by svjorber in My Side Trips | Sep 14, 2007
- Ein Bär unter'm Pflaumenbaum im "backyard"Ja da musste alles schnell gehen, hatte noch nicht mal zeit die auflösung zu ändern. hoffe ich krieg ihn bald mal noch besser vor die Linse;) Und dann mach ich lieber Fotos, die Qualität ist wirklich grauenvoll:(
Posted by Max-Canada in Max in Kanada | Sep 13, 2007