Blog Entries tagged 'animal'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animal'
- Healing with livestock in RwandaThis is the first in a four-part series on our visits to farmers working with Heifer International in Gicumbi District, Rwanda. Crossposted from the Worldwatch Institute's Nourishing the Planet blog.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/260240 Posted by BorderJump in BorderJumpers | Dec 21, 2009
- Plus Sized Kitty Cats In the mid 90's when most preteen girls had rooms plastered in posters of hunky stars of the day like Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Luke Perry, and Leonardo DiCaprio, and bands like 'N Sync and Backstreet Boys, I was busy wallpapering Posted by Jennylynn in Jennifer's Journeys | Dec 18, 2009
- Falkland IslandsThis is the port we were most excited about visiting. After all, we did name this blog based on originally spending a week here to visit the wild life. Over 50% of the ships do not arrive in the Falklands Posted by winmouse in Falking Off | Dec 16, 2009
- Borneo Part 2: Orang utans, weird fish and a 2nd steep climb[i]After seeing such diverse wildlife and landscapes already, the second part of our trip to Borneo has continued to wow us. Watching orang utans in the wild was a real highlight, along with visiting one of the world's top dive Posted by bigtrip09 in Ali and Rowan's Big Trip | Dec 12, 2009
- newjust starting, before we hit the road, so that we will be up and running when the time comes! Posted by rylisabeth in Road pretest | Nov 11, 2009
- Jellies in Fangchenggang[img= Posted by grmoski in Bryce in China | Nov 11, 2009
- Kruger National Park!Wow, what can I say - highlight of the trip! We spent 3 days in the park working our way from the north to the south-west area of the park. It was interesting to see the difference in Posted by RaiSmith in Rai's Adventures | Nov 1, 2009
- India ... 2009 new blog for Mal & LindaOur first ever Tiger sighting
and only 15ft away.. Posted by malnlinda in 2 Rucksacks, 2 years & 2 Old | Oct 22, 2009
- Valentine's Day
Today my wishes for a wonderful, loving home for my cats came true. Although my mind knows they're safe and that they'll be happy and loved and cared for, my h Posted by gottaleap in Out & About | Feb 14, 2009
- Touring Northwest TrekAs a nanny, I work with a lot of kids and families. Out of the literally hundreds of people I have worked for, there are only a small handful of families whom I still maintain contact with, but there is Posted by Jennylynn in Jennifer's Journeys | Oct 19, 2009
- Chimpanzee ReserveOur last day before the 2 day trek home we spent at the Jane Goodall Chimpanzee Reserve in Nelspruit. The reserve has 30 chimps, all who have lived a heartbreaking life before being rescued.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/last_afric..e_ Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 13, 2009
- I get another day in Kruger!This will be our first day in Kruger in an open safari vehicle so I'm very excited about that. Its a little chilly at first in the morning but I get over it.
I have now taken severa Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 12, 2009
- St. LuciaEarly this morning we were on the road again for St. Lucia, another world heritage site. We were in town for a cruise on the lake but stopped for some breakfast first.
The town is Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 9, 2009
- Waking up in Kruger!Several times during the night I sat up in bed a tried to make out what was right outside our hide making so much noise. But the morning was magical with the sun coming up. I really wanted Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 5, 2009
- My Favorite Place on Earth.......Kruger National Park. Bright and early this morning we headed into Kruger. The landscape looks much different that last visit. It is just coming into spring so most of the landscape is still dry and many of Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 4, 2009
- Wildlife ViewingOvernight the rain was heavy but the morning was beautiful and after breakfast we headed for a day of wildlife viewing. Our first stop was the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Center. They specialize in cheetah and wild dog rehab and Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 3, 2009
- The Man Eaters of TsavoDo you remember the movie: THE GHOST and THE DARKNESS? That movie was based on the Man Eaters of Tsavo!
When the rail road was being built in 1898 two Huge Male Mane less Lions went on a rampage, killing and Posted by Oxford510 in East Africa True Travelers | Oct 15, 2009
- EmranEMPLUCOOL Posted by emmpludogs in AedinEmran | Oct 6, 2009
- This is Planet Earth...So there we were, waiting on the LandCruisers coming to pick us up to head into the national parks of Tanzania when the heavens dumped the mother of all downpours on us. As soon as the Jeeps turned up I Posted by RTW Ross in Round the World....How hard can it be?!? | Mar 4, 2009
- London According to FredAround 00.15am on a Monday night at Liverpool tube station, a miracle happened.
The gates of the underground were opened by a large, middle-aged station worker, laughing away, and he let me pass through the gates for free.
Now, I've travelled e Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Sep 22, 2009
- LionsGoing through my photos from South Luangwa, I have realised that I seem to have a ream of photos of Lions. Which I'll almost certainly never do anything with. So whilst I don't have any specific reason to use them Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Sep 20, 2009
- Hippos with beach balls. And rusks (But without hippo's)It was good to be back in Zambia. Ignoring hotels in Mongu, it is generally a very friendly, relaxed kind of place, where they don't worry about pretty much anything:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7280/P9030451.jpg thumb=http://photos.travelle Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Sep 19, 2009
- Rio de Janeiro AGAINWith our plans to fly from Rio to Bogota, Colombia, we had no choice but to return to the scary city famous for it’s da-dada-da-da,da-dada-da (Girl From Ipanema). Let us preface by saying that if it weren’t for the Posted by moveimove in Movement Invites Movement | Sep 18, 2009
- Animal Kingdom"Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."
Our next attempt to leave La Paz Posted by wanderlustqueen in WANDERLUST | Sep 17, 2009
- hanginghanging out here in spain wiff my main man, senora. check it check it. Posted by toar212 in Nuevas Avenidas de la Vida en Espana | Sep 12, 2009