Blog Entries tagged 'animals'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animals'
- Yellowstone National Park and Lamar Valley[center][/center]
We started the day by driving south back into Yellowstone National Park and [b]Roaring Mountain[/ Posted by bejjan in US West Coast | Apr 30, 2012
- Yellowstone National Park[center] [/center]
We started the day by visiting the Grizzly & Discovery Center just outside the west entrance to Yellow Posted by bejjan in US West Coast | Apr 29, 2012
- 2 Rarities to End the Year & 2015 RecapThis post will be split up into two parts; the first part being the usual narrative & photos of the day and the second being my birding recap of 2015. Hope you enjoy it, and have a happy New Year!
Today Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 31, 2015
- 2015's Owl FinaleAs 2015, the Year of the Owl, is about to come to a close, today's birding yielded a grand finale of sorts to a truly astounding year for owls. Today my Uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I drove back Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 30, 2015
- Day 78 - Kalbarri Rescue CrewWe left Denham early today and headed for Monkey Mia to participate in the dolphin feedings. Despite the early hour and how far away from everything it is, there was quite a crowd. The odds were pretty slim of being Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 7, 2012
- The Year of the Owl Delivers AgainThis owl-tastic year just keeps getting better and better! My former nemesis and now second-favorite bird, the Great Gray Owl, put on a fabulous show today at the world-famous Sax-Zim Bog!
Today my uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I criss-crossed Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 29, 2015
- Day 75 & 76 - The closest we got to a motorcycleWhen we arrived in Coral Bay last night the hostel staff cooked us hamburgers. It was nice not having to do the evening meal. They also gave everyone a ticket for a free drink but, oddly, you couldn't Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 4, 2012
- Buena Vista GrasslandsToday was the first day on my trip to Wisconsin and Minnesota with my birding aunt Mary and uncle Mory. After having lunch with my cousins Dave and Katie, my aunt, uncle, and I visited a beautiful preserve called Buena Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 27, 2015
- Day 6: Return to a Chicago WinterYesterday, Saturday, December 19, was the sad day on a cruise called disembarkation. We were off the ship in the nine o'clock hour and took a taxi to the Fort Lauderdale airport to fly home.
I managed to squeeze in a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 4: At SeaThursday was another day at sea; however, the ship increased its cruising speed due to an ill passenger on board and we pulled into our next port of call, Princess Cays, Bahamas, in the evening - even though we would Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 3: Grand Turk!On Wednesday, the Emerald Princess' port of call was Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Tuesday was a day at sea, so although it was extremely relaxing and enjoyable, there is nothing to post about for that day. Wednesday was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 1: Emerald Princess!Yesterday I returned from a fantastic Caribbean cruise aboard the Emerald Princess. I will make one post for nearly every day (like I did for Costa Rica last summer), so here is day 1:
After taking an evening United Airlines flight Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- The most beautiful place on earth?I had to take a boat from the main city Yamoussoukro all the way to Taï the country's biggest national park. It was quite a journey going on a speedboat all the way there, it made me feel alive. When Posted by milestheblogger in Is Ivory Coast A Scam? | Dec 3, 2015
- Nxai Pan National Park We reached Nxai Pan National Park after a five hour drive from Chobe yesterday. Nxai Pan is famous for having a lot of SpringBoks. We have never seen Springboks before so we were very excited to on our first safari. Posted by Heshan in Animal Paradise- Botswana | Dec 1, 2015
- Chobe National ParkMy name is Heshan and I have come to Botswana with my really good school friend Daniel. We are going to stay in Botswana for one week. While we are here we will be visiting three places, Chobe National Park, Posted by Heshan in Animal Paradise- Botswana | Dec 1, 2015
- Accentuating Madagascar==Exploring the diverse wildlife and atmosphere of
==Where's Madagascar? Study the map before knowing what the land of Madagascar really is==
= Posted by brinaayles in The luscious wildlife in Madagascar | Dec 1, 2015
- Kruger National Park - South African SafariWhen I decided to visit South Africa, I knew that I couldn’t leave the country without seeing its famous wildlife. But there were so many parks and safaris available so I did some homework on which to choose. Kruger National Posted by Xin Zhi in XinZhi's South African adventures | Nov 30, 2015
- Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, a place of worship?Is the 2 hour drive to the cathedral actually worth it? The answer is yes! If you keep reading you will find out more...
First of all if you want to get to the cathedral you have to take Posted by milestheblogger in Is Ivory Coast A Scam? | Nov 29, 2015
- Happy Thanksgiving!This year I'm thankful for all of the wonderful trips I've taken so far in 2015 to see astounding birds and have other great experiences: southeast Arizona, the East Coast, Costa Rica, Idaho, and countless wonderful day trips (all of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 26, 2015
- Day 2Today I had started to take a bus to the rural area Fezzan. I felt prepared for this moment to see the rural civilization as know as Fezzan just hope that no terrorists are going to pounce out of nowhere Posted by 9enguin in Travels in Libya | Nov 23, 2015
- INCREDIBLE CALIFORNIA WHALE WATCHING TRIP!Hi all!
If you're looking for a fun activity near San Francisco, CA. . . this is definitely one of the best! During the summer months through September there are tons of humpback whales coming to feed on anchovies near Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Sep 21, 2015
- Cruise on Doubtful Sound (part 2)
Neither of us had a great nights sleep as the bunks were very narrow and it was quite hot and stuffy in our room with no natural ventilation. We had all been warned that the very Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Nov 17, 2015
- 12th Owl Species of the Year!Welcome to another episode of Sunday evening birding!
This evening I went birding with birder Eric Walters in northeast Lake County, Illinois. We covered State Line Beach, Spring Bluff Forest Preserve, and the North & South Units of Illinois Beach Stat Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 15, 2015
- Not Every Bird You Chase You Get!Today I went on a truly wild goose chase to find a rare bird that had shown up in the Lincoln Park Zoo of Chicago. It was a Common Ground-Dove which is a vagrant from Mexico (and not an escaped Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 7, 2015
- Fauna and Flora of Rajasthan....Rajasthan has been blessed with varied flora and fauna even when majority of its area is desert. The forest cover is also quite limited, despite these adversities, some unique flora and fauna can be witnessed.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747 Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Nov 5, 2015