Blog Entries tagged 'animals'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animals'
- A Test of Passions Kia Orana! It is currently winter in Rarotonga, but since winter here is around the mid 70s, it’s basically Seattle summer for me. The locals are huddling in their fleece jackets, complaining about how cold it is while I am Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | May 20, 2015
- Minister welcomes local govt survey results The first ever survey of how ratepayers view the performance of their local government is being welcomed by Local Government Minister Paula Bennett.
The inaugural New Zealand Local Government Survey, released today, is part of Local Government New Zeal Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi faces a balancing act over trade legislation before Congress.
It's a top priority for President Barack Obama. But it's overwhelmingly opposed by House Democrats. That leaves Pelosi caught in th Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- German backpacker survives icy fall on Mt TongariroA 19-year-old German backpacker has been hospitalised after sliding 50 metres down an icy slope near the summit of Mt Tongariro today.
The man and his three companions were hiking over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing about 1pm when he slipped and Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Antarctica: Kayaking with Whales and Penguins! Ever wonder what it would be like to kayak in Antarctica? We can't stop thinking about it! This was one of our absolute favorite experiences of our entire Antarctica cruise.
Check out this amazing morning kayaking amongst icebergs in Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jan 18, 2015
- BrasilA aventura brasileira iniciou-se desde o nascimento! Diversidade cultural, pluralidade de raças e crenças, pessoas felizes e calorosas, generosas, boas e sempre dispostas à ajudar o próximo, mesmo que o idioma não ajude sempre existirá a possibilidade dos Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 19, 2015
- Something to Write Home AboutIt's on my mind like breathing. You don't think about it until you can't do it.
It's something deep within like the blood in my veins. It is always there just below the surface. So necessary and so vital that life Posted by Lauriesam in The Adventures of Lauriesam | May 14, 2015
- The Zoobiquitous Mindset ** One of these topics may be a sensitive subject for some people (euthanization), but it is an important part of veterinary medicine and I want to express my thoughts and feelings about it.
Zoobiquity means the joining of the Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | May 3, 2015
- The Quintessential DreamThis is my fourth dawn at home. I come around each day the same way, listening for the sounds of animals, thinking of the dusty, foggy or misty sunrise and imagining the animals appearing out of the dark of night Posted by Lauriesam in The Adventures of Lauriesam | May 3, 2015
- Runaway CowsIt’s not too often you see two cows running up the median strip of a busy main road, but that’s how today started.
I was on my way to the island Nusa Lembongan, about 30 minutes from Sanur, on the Posted by jenniferhall in Sudah Siap? | Apr 28, 2015
- Food, Finals, Farms, and Fun!!!My blog posts are not getting fewer and farther between intentionally. I finally have the time to sit down and write because, as of yesterday, my semester is OVER! It hasn’t fully sunken in yet, but my French Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Apr 21, 2015
- ParadiseIn high school I remember my mom listening to the song "Just Another Day in Paradise." It didn't matter where you were, as long as you were with the people you loved. It was a sweet song, that made me Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Apr 19, 2015
- Bangkok - City of 7/11sA little less sleep deprived Aussie & her California room mate set off to explore this morning, we made it to the hotel reception where we bumped into a couple of others from our tour. So we took a day Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 12, 2015
- ZOO COFFEE animal coffee shop in ShanghaiZOO COFFEE is the new chain-like brand coffee shop, to this day, twenty-six new stores have been opened in Shanghai. The coffee shop which was decorated very warm and very interesting. There are zebras, monkeys, tiger and other animals in Posted by yuning_china in travel around China | Mar 23, 2015
- Western Australia- ReviewOkay, so this review was written a little while ago, but I've just had the PDF back to confirm it was published in the Hull Daily Mail in East Yorkshire, England.
SYDNEY Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef may hog Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Mar 12, 2015
- Koh Ngai Towelling MenagerieA nice bottle of wine (or a few beers, if preferred) on our return for the first person who correctly identifies what these tortured towels are meant to represent, or for the most amusing wrong suggestions!
Please submit your entry as Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 9, 2015
- Caye Caulker Island (Belize) 31st January
Leaving Flores early in the morning, I make my way to Belize City. The first thing that strikes me when I cross the border is that none of the signs are written in spanish, I expected that being Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Feb 4, 2015
- Cuba Libre - Coffee, Camera and CDA beautiful orange light is streaming into our room through the window shutters. Curiosity gets the best of me and I walk out onto the terrace to experience the Cuban sunrise...camera time!...photo opportunity ( one of many )! Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Jan 26, 2015
- Elephants, monkeys, tarmac and dustThe nice side effect of crossing half the country to the sites of our field trip was, that we also passed through Murchison falls national park where the streets were flanked by wildlife.
[img=https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RsLPO6GGIh8/VMCIb5VZNII/ Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Jan 28, 2015
- Winter in Yellowstone National Park, Day 2.Day 2.
I had a little better night's sleep, but was still awake at 6am. I quickly dressed for the cold walk to the breakfast room, waking Chris in the process. I went over and had the same as yesterday: omelet, Posted by vegasmike6 in Mike's Adventures | Jan 19, 2015
Please please please donate to my Donation fund to travel to South Africa summer 2016 to help prevent poaching and help with the cons Posted by Cathy Mccabe in Animal Conservation In South Africa | Jan 17, 2015
- Las Penitas, Nicaragua - a corner of paradise Leon - where the revolution started
Our next stop for one night is Leon, another nice colonial town a little less renovated than Granada. Leon is also the birth place of the Nicaraguan revolution and we visited the historical museum Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 14, 2015
- Have you ever sung to a dolphin through a snorkel?Kaikoura has an abundance of sea life just off the coast, and there's lots of opportunities to view them or even get up close and personal! Last time I was in [[http://postcardfromtheheart.travellerspoint.com/18/|Kaikoura]] I went whale watching, wanderi Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 11, 2015
- Mountain Gorilla trek in the Democratic Republic of Congo We rose early at our camp in Kisoro, Uganda, well before sunrise. There was time for a quick breakfast and prep-up before departure. The tour truck took us as far as the border of th Posted by mattchayman in Matts Blog | Jan 3, 2015
- The Galapgos Island - Part 2Isabela Island
A 2 hour journey crammed on a speed boat is not a great way to travel but it is the only way to get to Isabela Island which is my next destination.
Isabela Island - it is the largest island Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 2, 2015