Blog Entries tagged 'animals'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animals'
- Welcome to the Jungle!(Firstly apologies for the obvious title to this post.....couldn't resist)
So we left Nepal in search of more adventure and where better than to head to the sumatran jungle. we had been really looking forward to going to Posted by ofenelon in Dodging Mosquitos | Nov 27, 2012
- The Ho Chi Minh trailThe Laos leg of our tour started in Hanoi. To get to Laos we had 2 very long bus journeys ahead of us. The first one was leaving the next morning down to Vinh - still in Vietnam. But first Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Nov 26, 2012
- Sloth smiles in Costa RicaIs there anything cuter than a sloth? C’mon look at this guy…
We met smiley in Puerto Viejo, a very chilled out town on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. We arrived there after a few ni Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Nov 24, 2012
- Machu Picchu.We awoke at the buttcrack of dawn to be dressed and ready for the first bus up the mountain at 5:30am. The queues had already grown a fair bit by the time we joined them, but we managed to get Posted by alexis.johnson in Trippin' | Nov 24, 2012
- Its more fun in the Philippineswell, I just stumbled upon this video on a social network and I must say I AM PROUD to be a FILIPINO! :D
I have traveled a few places here in our country and I will explore more of what this Posted by hepastar in Its more fun in the Philippines | Nov 19, 2012
- Hanoi and the long haul to Ha Long Bay
With the city of Hue logged into the memory banks we boarded our last night train of our Vietnam trip. So, you might have heard some horror stories about overnight trains in Vietnam, but the pre Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Nov 17, 2012
- A Girl and Her Gum Boots - Part Three[center][/center]
Distance covered so far = 3137 Km
'The core of ones spirit comes from new experiences'
Which you believe its April already and have a track record of existin Posted by SalBolton82 in A Girl and Her Gum Boots - Taking On Oz | Apr 9, 2010
- Zookeeper for a DayOne great thing about London is that, if you know where to look, with a bit of planning (and, admittedly, a bit of money to spare), you get to do a range of incredible things that’ll stay with you for Posted by Hachiko in Anytime - Anyplace - Anywhere - Any way | Nov 14, 2012
- Tranquilo? Tranquilo.Tranquilo? Tranquilo. This is a password you shold keep in mind when coming here and not being from tropics. Rule number 1.
Even now when I am sitting in an internet cafe in Baeza waiting for a not coming email Posted by Ef in Tranquilo, we are in Ecuador | Nov 7, 2012
- Letters From The Amazon - Part TwelveHola! Really long blog this one is gonna be as I've had quite an adventure recently....
Well I'm not your average English girl, quite an adventurous girl actually if you've not come to that conclusion yet from following the last parts Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Dec 9, 2009
- Letters From The Amazon - Part ElevenHola - well I turned 27! who would have thought but you´re only as old as you feel right? and of course age is just a number. Well here´s more in the day of my life in the Amazon.....
I Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Dec 5, 2009
- Letters From The Amazon - Part TenBuenas Dias! (Good day)
I've been one month in the Amazon and I feel sometimes the symptons of 'Jungle Fever' coming over me.....oooo sounds crazy doesn't it? most night's I am having the same reoccuring dream..... where I'm waking up on Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Nov 27, 2009
- Letters From The Amazon - Part FiveHola!
I´ve just been picked up by a police car and taken in to the local town of Tena would you believe! not for a bad reason I assure you! well, this morning I´ve been attempting to make a bracelet Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Nov 8, 2009
- Letters From The Amazon - Part NineOk I´m sick with a cold but no worries I have the worlds medicine's a stones throw away! so just drunk some tea of boiled bark off a Cat Claw tree for my cold and eaten in a restaurant in Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Nov 25, 2009
- Letters From The Amazon - Part EightHola Mi Amigos!
Lucky to be in Tena at this time of the year! - the 12 - 15 November is pretty special. Alot of the roads here have names after certain dates and months of the year so there is Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Nov 23, 2009
- Letters From The Amazon - Part SixHola mi amigos! (Hello my friends)
This part of my adventures here in the Amazon are all about the discovering the cool medicinal plants out here and getting up close and personal to the beasts that roam the jungles of this Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Nov 12, 2009
- Letters From The Amazon - Part Four
[center]Hola! So this is where I am, Jatun Sacha means 'Óld Forest' in Quichua - the language spoken by the indigenous people of this region. Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Nov 1, 2009
- Turkish Folk Tale ===Today I would like to recount a Turkish Folk Tale told to me by my students.
We were discussing snakes and if Turkey had poisonous ones, and I was told that indeed she does.
There is one variety in particular which resides Posted by TravelnTurkey in Travel In Turkey | Oct 18, 2012
- "5 and a Half Days on the Ground"I still can't believe that Melissa and Lisa left their families and flew all this way to visit me in Peru! From the minute I received an email confirming their flight info, I saw the Cusco area in Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Oct 13, 2012
- London Zoo22nd September
In celebration of Mei’s 26th birthday we ventured into Regent's park to visit the London Zoo on a beautifully sunny Saturday (the last we have seen since). We were there from 10:30am to 5:30pm closing, in that time covered Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 21, 2012
- Back to the office in the oceanTurtles, mantas, whale sharks - all on the wish list for Seychelles take 2! Tales from the tepid waters of the Indian Ocean coming soon... just washing out my snorkel Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Oct 5, 2012
- Fethiye to Meis[center][/center]
===Having decided to renew my visa at Meis this time, I travelled down from Istanbul to Fethiye for a few days holiday and from there would do a day trip to Meis via Kas.
Also Posted by TravelnTurkey in Travel In Turkey | Oct 1, 2012
- Cool Animals!First of all, this is Leah and I LOVE animals!
One of the best things about being in Peru is that there are animals everywhere! Here are a few of my favorites.
===Mr. Gibbs the Bunny===
I met Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Sep 25, 2012
- Java, Bali and Nusa TenggaraHello from a place called Ende tho frankly it feels like they should drop the 2nd 'e'. I really wish I wasn't here...
This month began in 'The Big Durian' that is Jakarta. Durians are the very smelly fruit that are Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Sep 25, 2009
- My Birding ExperienceIn my last visit to Mindo in the south american country of Ecuador I went to the town of Mindo and looked for some information about birding around there and I found a birding guide not native of mindo but Posted by Bliko in My Birding Experience | Sep 18, 2012