Blog Entries tagged 'animals'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animals'
- Day 65 - Curlews, ant bums and Windjana GorgeWe woke to another cloudless sky. This run of fine days has been such a pleasant contrast to the first half of our trip...but doesn't do anything to lay the dust.
Karen cooked pancakes for breakfast to give us all some Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 29, 2012
- Day 64 - Manning GorgeI'm writing this entry using fragmented notes so it may not be a complete record of the day. If any of my fellow passengers want to add or correct anything then please feel free to comment.
As we left our bush Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 28, 2012
- Day 63 - Leaving El QuestroWe've all become so good at breaking camp and getting on our way and setting up camp at day's end that I won't bother mentioning it anymore.
This morning began with a very early visit to Zebedee springs to beat the Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 27, 2012
- Wildlife Learning Center, Sylmar, CA
Learning about the world as well as developing compassion for all living things is extremely important to me. Luckily Lily, like mo Posted by JamiePaquin in Wanderings...adventures with Lily | Jun 20, 2012
- Surf and Turf - South African Style[Editors Note: This is being posted many days after it transpired]
When I was a correspondent, South Africa was one of my favorite countries to visit. Over the years I've made it to the surfing mecca of Jeffrey's Bay, on the Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jun 5, 2012
- Days 53 to 57 - Litchfield National Park to DarwinWe had a lie in, before leaving the dongas at Bark Hut at about 8:45am and heading toward Litchfield National Park.
On the way we passed through Batchelor, stopped briefly at the Banyan Tree caravan park where Karen and I bought Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 7, 2012
- The Gayest Hostel Owner in the CityGood day to you al!
Welcome readers to te latest edition of our blog. This is our last few days in Vietnam, which is sad, but then we're in Cambodia, which is good. Cracking.
After arriving in HCMC on our sleeper bus, Posted by lucyjfrench in Alice, Louise, Lucy & Luca Travel | May 31, 2012
- Second day in YellowstoneFrom West Yellowstone back into the park and checkingout all the sights we missed yesterday. We traveled past Madison and north towards Norris Geyser Basin. We saw herds of bison and elk...still haven't seen bear. Hiking through the basin was Posted by MarshallTrip in North by Northwest | May 29, 2012
- "Safari" Game Drive in Sri LankaIn planning our trip we had been thinking of game drives (often referred to as safari) for our Africa leg, but Sri Lanka has a very good reputation for viewing wild animals and based on some suggestions from the folks Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | May 24, 2012
- Navigating with the starsAbout a thousand years ago my ancestors, the mighty Vikings, navigated across the Atlantic Ocean with the help of the stars and discovered North America, some 500 years before Columbus. They called it Vinland.
The early farming communities that Posted by Beppe.Karlsson in Beppe Karlsson | May 29, 2012
- Thanksgiving in ColoradoNow we couldnt possibly have come to the States without visiting our excellent friends the Breezys who we had spent months travelling in tandem with through Asia! We had agreed months previous in some back alley Asian bar that we Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | May 25, 2012
- Southbound with Jacqueline
So the first R&R break after starting work at the mines and
was the quote of the week.
After three months of temp work and crashing with family in Perth Posted by Team Melon in Team Melon Travels | Apr 9, 2012
- Botswana Part II
Dagen derpå, etter en liten barrunde i Maun så skal vi på en lengre reise
til noe som heter Flexible Game Reserve. Det er i praktisk store nasjonalparker som
en får lov til å kjøre Posted by spydx in Discovering the world | May 14, 2012
- Jamaican me crazy! [about Jamaica]May 10. 2012.
I believe that was the highest cliff I have ever jumped off of. Not saying I have jumped off many, but after today I can say I became certified in risk taking. The 50+ foot cliff at Ricks Posted by kGoWhereNext in Where in the world? | May 13, 2012
- Mayans, Monkeys and MojitosWhat an action packed few days! This trip just gets more incredible by the day and we are both having the time of our lives. We are now in Belize and the border crossing from Guatemala went without Posted by Kat McDonald in The Adventure of a Life Time | May 12, 2012
- Day 28 - Port CampbellPort Campbell, though only small, has a lovely location at a point where the ocean reaches the shore at a break between the towering cliffs that otherwise dominate the local coastline. Fortunately, from a sight seeing and walking perspective, that Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | May 10, 2012
- A bedtime story One morning the toast monster decided he wanted to go on a hunt. He was going to shoot some animals with his camera.
He packed an overnight bag, and the camera, and Maya wolf, and got into the Monster.
The Monster took Posted by TattoodDuck in Ducks Without Borders | Apr 30, 2012
- Yoga Stretchright now, i am doing my Yoga stretching before heading to Natchez Mississipi!!! Posted by consciousworld in My Conscious World Apology Trip | Apr 28, 2012
- T.I.A.[img= Posted by mands186 in Mind The Gap | Apr 24, 2012
- First NightTonight was an excellent night!! I slept so peacefully as i enjoyed the wonderful sounds of nature. What can be more relaxing than that!!
Posted by consciousworld in My Conscious World Apology Trip | Apr 23, 2012
- Day 9 - Hobart to FreycinetWhat a fantastic day! Here's the Top 10 reasons why.
1. I'm with Goob
2. We're tripping around Oz
Those two, in and of themselves, are enough...but wait, there's more.
3. We woke up in a motel bed for the 3rd consecutive day (bliss)
4. Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Apr 21, 2012
- Africa, Camping i villmarken!! Etter over et døgn med reise fra KL til Jo´Burg så kommer vi fram til Drifters Lodgen i Jo´Burg. Det er et hotel, med alle fasiliteter og vi tilbringer dagen i hagen og rundt bassenget før vi møter resten av Posted by spydx in Discovering the world | Apr 21, 2012
- Bucketbath films presents...We haven't had the most reliable internet for the last month and a half. These videos are long overdue: starting with our most recent trek in Nepal and working through India, Cambodia and Laos.
Micah and I arrive back in Posted by bucketbath in Bucket Bath | Apr 16, 2012
- My Whitsunday Holiday ;)Hi all,
This is my first holiday blog... i thought i would start with my Whitsundays holiday,
i stayed at PEPPERS it was beautiful my friends and i payed for their 3 bedroom apartments, we had a beautiful veiw of the beaches.
one Posted by Porscha in Whitsundays Holiday | Apr 11, 2012
- 25/03/2012 - The First Days== The First Day
On my first moring I awoke uneasily, covered in sweat and aching all over. Could I catch Malaria this fast? In the middle of the night I had been awoken by thudding Asian techno penetrating Posted by Jamie V in The Voyages Of Venning | Apr 4, 2012