Blog Entries tagged 'animals'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animals'
- RINCHENPONGRINCHENPONG : THE UNTOUCHED HEAVEN!
The mountain views of Rinchenpong are as fascinating as those of Darjeeling, Gangtok or Pelling.
In 1860 the British sent an expeditionary force to Sikkim. When the force reached Rinchenpong the Lepchas (the or Posted by AbhiB in TRAVEL GUIDE & PHOTOGRAPHER | Aug 24, 2015
- EXPLORE GREEN DOOARS AND JALDAPARA
Friends lets go to Dooars this no Posted by AbhiB in TRAVEL GUIDE & PHOTOGRAPHER | Aug 23, 2015
- More Amazing Wildlife
After another good nights sleep, ablutions, a quick breakfast and tidy up of the cottage, we got on our way back to Seal Bay on the south coast. It was my turn to do some driving today, Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 22, 2015
- Day 3: GHO!Today was my first full day in the beautiful town of Sun Valley, Idaho on this trip. From 9:00am to 1:30pm, I birded the Warm Springs Trail that leads essentially from our condo's backyard up a large mountain called Mt. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 29, 2015
- Day 7: From Ziplining to Stargazing--
This is the report about my seventh day on my recent trip to Costa Rica, which was Monday, July 20. I will post about days 8-10 tomorrow (July 26). Then, on Monday, July 27 I will leave for my annual Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2015
- Rovaniemi and JyvaskylaI decided not to clog up the Christmas in July post with the other thing we did in Rovaniemi - and we weren't there long really, so went to one museum and for a short walk along the river...
It Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 22, 2015
- Samnaun all over again One thing I forgot to mention on my Liechtenstein entry is that their modern beautiful museum had an exhibit on you guessed it: Marilyn Monroe. At the front of the door was the life size iconic picture of Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 21, 2015
- Different People, Different Standards...
==Hello fellow travelers!==
Until this very day, we've been telling you day-by-day what's been going on in our lives since we decided to leave Holland and start our amateurish journey. Posted by Porridge in Porridge Blog | Jul 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VII..Pangong Tso Lake....Pangong Tso , Tibetan for "long, narrow, enchanted lake", also referred to as Pangong Lake, is a lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 18, 2015
- 'Cuz I'm on Top of the World, YeahToday began a long, long time ago. I can still remember. We set out from Fort Stockton bright and early, fueling up with"high octane" coffee at the Garage. Good coffe is good. We head north along a two lane highway, Posted by MiriG in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jun 15, 2015
- Stomach Bugs, Ruins & a MASSIVE Electrical Storm In-BetweenWe survived our first overnight bus. The driver drove like a maniac and took the corners way to tight but we managed to get us to San Cristobal an hour early…Which wasn’t so great for Lewis and his sore stomach Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Jun 14, 2015
- Sukhna Lake....Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_ Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 5, 2015
- Somewhere over the Rainbow in a Place called OzIn the past two days I have probably seen more rainbows then I have in my life! I think I saw maybe 5 or 6 rainbows. What's is even crazier is as an abbreviation for Australia that they often Posted by kmnelsen in My Dreaming Story | May 31, 2015
- Galta (Monkey temple)One of the few places in India where there are no crowds, so you can just relax and watch lazy monkeys riding pigs :)
And it's absolutely free!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/742659/ Posted by kattysie in o_O | May 30, 2015
- Gorillas in the Mist
Leveraging the long May 1st weekend, Michelle, Jen, Ashley, Chelsea, Valerie and I set out on one of the most exciting adventures, Uganda has to Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | May 24, 2015
- A Test of Passions Kia Orana! It is currently winter in Rarotonga, but since winter here is around the mid 70s, it’s basically Seattle summer for me. The locals are huddling in their fleece jackets, complaining about how cold it is while I am Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | May 20, 2015
- Minister welcomes local govt survey results The first ever survey of how ratepayers view the performance of their local government is being welcomed by Local Government Minister Paula Bennett.
The inaugural New Zealand Local Government Survey, released today, is part of Local Government New Zeal Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi faces a balancing act over trade legislation before Congress.
It's a top priority for President Barack Obama. But it's overwhelmingly opposed by House Democrats. That leaves Pelosi caught in th Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- German backpacker survives icy fall on Mt TongariroA 19-year-old German backpacker has been hospitalised after sliding 50 metres down an icy slope near the summit of Mt Tongariro today.
The man and his three companions were hiking over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing about 1pm when he slipped and Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Antarctica: VIDEO: Kayaking with Whales and Penguins! Ever wonder what it would be like to kayak in Antarctica? We can't stop thinking about it! This was one of our absolute favorite experiences of our entire Antarctica cruise.
Check out this amazing morning kayaking amongst icebergs in Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jan 18, 2015
- BrasilA aventura brasileira iniciou-se desde o nascimento! Diversidade cultural, pluralidade de raças e crenças, pessoas felizes e calorosas, generosas, boas e sempre dispostas à ajudar o próximo, mesmo que o idioma não ajude sempre existirá a possibilidade dos Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 19, 2015
- Something to Write Home AboutIt's on my mind like breathing. You don't think about it until you can't do it.
It's something deep within like the blood in my veins. It is always there just below the surface. So necessary and so vital that life Posted by Lauriesam in The Adventures of Lauriesam | May 14, 2015
- The Zoobiquitous Mindset ** One of these topics may be a sensitive subject for some people (euthanization), but it is an important part of veterinary medicine and I want to express my thoughts and feelings about it.
Zoobiquity means the joining of the Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | May 3, 2015
- Runaway CowsIt’s not too often you see two cows running up the median strip of a busy main road, but that’s how today started.
I was on my way to the island Nusa Lembongan, about 30 minutes from Sanur, on the Posted by jenniferhall in Sudah Siap? | Apr 28, 2015
- Food, Finals, Farms, and Fun!!!My blog posts are not getting fewer and farther between intentionally. I finally have the time to sit down and write because, as of yesterday, my semester is OVER! It hasn’t fully sunken in yet, but my French Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Apr 21, 2015