Blog Entries tagged 'animals'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animals'
- Spring Oak Park Bird Walks start this Saturday!You are all invited to this spring's seasons of Oak Park Bird Walks ([[https://sites.google.com/site/opbirdwalks/]]), led by yours truly! Reserve a spot by emailing me at: trumpetswan (@) comcast.net
The first walk is on this Saturday and still has sev Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 10, 2016
- COMMON SENSE - Be sure to bring a big bunch with you!Traveling from USA to Panama (and further south into S.Amer) requires a good vehicle and good judgement. The vehicle should be in excellent mechanical condition and go with spare parts, also should be comfortable for you and your passengers to Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 9, 2016
- Camping overland into Central and South AmericaTRAVELING OVERLAND IN A RV!
To us, travel has nothing to do with cruises and vacations. It’s not about staying at fancy hotels or taking a two-week holiday.
Travel is a way of life. It’s how we learn, develop ourselves, educate our Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 8, 2016
- Pan American Highway - Going again in 2017!!I have decided to "get ready" early and do my pre-trip preparation for this great journey thru Mexico, Central America, and South America. I am using a excellent low-milage Ford F250 , 7.3 diesel, long bed pick up with Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 8, 2016
- My temporary life in rural NepalAfter a week or so of overloading on carbs (see previous post), and not much exercise other than the walk to and from school – 15 minutes downhill to get there, and 20 minutes uphill to get back – something Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Apr 2, 2016
- 1 Month Until Migration Madness!Hello birding friends,
Today the month of April started on a rainy note. I; however, managed to get some birding in earlier this week as well as between rain showers today. April showers bring May flowers...and warblers, as we only have Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 1, 2016
- Morton ArboretumYesterday (Tuesday, March 29), my family and I made a trip out to the Morton Arboretum in nearby DuPage County. First, we headed to the Lake Marmo and Hemlock/Spruce Hill area on the west side where the birding was pretty Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 30, 2016
- Waterfowl Trip!Hello birding friends,
Two days ago (Monday, March 28), a friend of mine, Suzanne, led a field trip with the main target birds being waterfowl in the Glenview area. It was a fantastic trip as we birded five locations and saw Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 30, 2016
- My temporary life in rural NepalEven after only one week, my mornings are beginning to follow a routine of sorts. I always wake quite a bit earlier, but my day begins at about 6:15am, to the sound of Prakash knocking on my door, crying “Good Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Mar 28, 2016
- Easter BirdingToday, after watching my sister's annual Easter egg hunt around the house in the morning, and later singing at my church, I decided to get a quick birding bike ride in to Taylor Park and back before the rain arrived.
Pretty Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 27, 2016
- My temporary life in rural Nepal
In keeping with my temporary new, simple life, I've decided to just continue with this same blog rather than start a new one. To set the scene, here's a bit about where I'm staying.
T Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Mar 24, 2016
- Lashes to die for
After a thorough drenching the previous afternoon, I had high expectations for a fresh, green day in Chitwan. It began with a cool, early morning walk along the Rapti River, which forms Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Mar 22, 2016
- Esk to ToowoombaWe were planning to do free camping in Kilcoy but there were lots of flying foxes. So we decided to go on towards Esk. We ended up in town because the 35 degrees made the swimming pool at the park Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Mar 21, 2016
- You Win Some, You Lose SomeAs I mentioned in my last post, last Tuesday I went downtown to Northerly Island near Museum Campus in search of an uncommon Red-throated Loon sighted in Lake Michigan at that location. It turned out to be a complete, utter Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 13, 2016
- 2016 Oak Park Bird Walks!With the warmer temperatures this weekend, I thought it would be an opportune time to post this spring's dates for FREE Oak Park Bird Walks! It should be a great season!
Email me to reserve a space(s) on a walk(s) at Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Feb 27, 2016
- Gull Frolic, Upcoming Recital, & Plans for 2016!Long time no see! It is turning out to be my busiest, most hectic semester EVER and only just yesterday (Saturday, February 12) did I go birding proper for the FIRST time in 2016, as unbelievable as that sounds! More Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Feb 13, 2016
- Yellowstone National Park and Lamar Valley[center][/center]
We started the day by driving south back into Yellowstone National Park and [b]Roaring Mountain[/ Posted by bejjan in Along US West Coast | Apr 30, 2012
- Yellowstone National Park[center] [/center]
We started the day by visiting the Grizzly & Discovery Center just outside the west entrance to Yellow Posted by bejjan in Along US West Coast | Apr 29, 2012
- 2 Rarities to End the Year & 2015 RecapThis post will be split up into two parts; the first part being the usual narrative & photos of the day and the second being my birding recap of 2015. Hope you enjoy it, and have a happy New Year!
Today Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 31, 2015
- 2015's Owl FinaleAs 2015, the Year of the Owl, is about to come to a close, today's birding yielded a grand finale of sorts to a truly astounding year for owls. Today my Uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I drove back Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 30, 2015
- Day 78 - Kalbarri Rescue CrewWe left Denham early today and headed for Monkey Mia to participate in the dolphin feedings. Despite the early hour and how far away from everything it is, there was quite a crowd. The odds were pretty slim of being Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 7, 2012
- The Year of the Owl Delivers AgainThis owl-tastic year just keeps getting better and better! My former nemesis and now second-favorite bird, the Great Gray Owl, put on a fabulous show today at the world-famous Sax-Zim Bog!
Today my uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I criss-crossed Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 29, 2015
- Day 75 & 76 - The closest we got to a motorcycleWhen we arrived in Coral Bay last night the hostel staff cooked us hamburgers. It was nice not having to do the evening meal. They also gave everyone a ticket for a free drink but, oddly, you couldn't Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 4, 2012
- Buena Vista GrasslandsToday was the first day on my trip to Wisconsin and Minnesota with my birding aunt Mary and uncle Mory. After having lunch with my cousins Dave and Katie, my aunt, uncle, and I visited a beautiful preserve called Buena Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 27, 2015
- Day 6: Return to a Chicago WinterYesterday, Saturday, December 19, was the sad day on a cruise called disembarkation. We were off the ship in the nine o'clock hour and took a taxi to the Fort Lauderdale airport to fly home.
I managed to squeeze in a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015