Blog Entries tagged 'animals'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animals'
- Waterfowl Trip!Hello birding friends,
Two days ago (Monday, March 28), a friend of mine, Suzanne, led a field trip with the main target birds being waterfowl in the Glenview area. It was a fantastic trip as we birded five locations and saw Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 30, 2016
- My temporary life in rural NepalEven after only one week, my mornings are beginning to follow a routine of sorts. I always wake quite a bit earlier, but my day begins at about 6:15am, to the sound of Prakash knocking on my door, crying “Good Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Mar 28, 2016
- Easter BirdingToday, after watching my sister's annual Easter egg hunt around the house in the morning, and later singing at my church, I decided to get a quick birding bike ride in to Taylor Park and back before the rain arrived.
Pretty Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 27, 2016
- My temporary life in rural Nepal
In keeping with my temporary new, simple life, I've decided to just continue with this same blog rather than start a new one. To set the scene, here's a bit about where I'm staying.
T Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Mar 24, 2016
- Lashes to die for
After a thorough drenching the previous afternoon, I had high expectations for a fresh, green day in Chitwan. It began with a cool, early morning walk along the Rapti River, which forms Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Mar 22, 2016
- Esk to ToowoombaWe were planning to do free camping in Kilcoy but there were lots of flying foxes. So we decided to go on towards Esk. We ended up in town because the 35 degrees made the swimming pool at the park Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Mar 21, 2016
- You Win Some, You Lose SomeAs I mentioned in my last post, last Tuesday I went downtown to Northerly Island near Museum Campus in search of an uncommon Red-throated Loon sighted in Lake Michigan at that location. It turned out to be a complete, utter Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 13, 2016
- 2016 Oak Park Bird Walks!With the warmer temperatures this weekend, I thought it would be an opportune time to post this spring's dates for FREE Oak Park Bird Walks! It should be a great season!
Email me to reserve a space(s) on a walk(s) at Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Feb 27, 2016
- Gull Frolic, Upcoming Recital, & Plans for 2016!Long time no see! It is turning out to be my busiest, most hectic semester EVER and only just yesterday (Saturday, February 12) did I go birding proper for the FIRST time in 2016, as unbelievable as that sounds! More Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Feb 13, 2016
- Yellowstone National Park and Lamar Valley[center][/center]
We started the day by driving south back into Yellowstone National Park and [b]Roaring Mountain[/ Posted by bejjan in Along US West Coast | Apr 30, 2012
- Yellowstone National Park[center] [/center]
We started the day by visiting the Grizzly & Discovery Center just outside the west entrance to Yellow Posted by bejjan in Along US West Coast | Apr 29, 2012
- 2 Rarities to End the Year & 2015 RecapThis post will be split up into two parts; the first part being the usual narrative & photos of the day and the second being my birding recap of 2015. Hope you enjoy it, and have a happy New Year!
Today Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 31, 2015
- 2015's Owl FinaleAs 2015, the Year of the Owl, is about to come to a close, today's birding yielded a grand finale of sorts to a truly astounding year for owls. Today my Uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I drove back Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 30, 2015
- Day 78 - Kalbarri Rescue CrewWe left Denham early today and headed for Monkey Mia to participate in the dolphin feedings. Despite the early hour and how far away from everything it is, there was quite a crowd. The odds were pretty slim of being Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 7, 2012
- The Year of the Owl Delivers AgainThis owl-tastic year just keeps getting better and better! My former nemesis and now second-favorite bird, the Great Gray Owl, put on a fabulous show today at the world-famous Sax-Zim Bog!
Today my uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I criss-crossed Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 29, 2015
- Day 75 & 76 - The closest we got to a motorcycleWhen we arrived in Coral Bay last night the hostel staff cooked us hamburgers. It was nice not having to do the evening meal. They also gave everyone a ticket for a free drink but, oddly, you couldn't Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 4, 2012
- Buena Vista GrasslandsToday was the first day on my trip to Wisconsin and Minnesota with my birding aunt Mary and uncle Mory. After having lunch with my cousins Dave and Katie, my aunt, uncle, and I visited a beautiful preserve called Buena Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 27, 2015
- Day 6: Return to a Chicago WinterYesterday, Saturday, December 19, was the sad day on a cruise called disembarkation. We were off the ship in the nine o'clock hour and took a taxi to the Fort Lauderdale airport to fly home.
I managed to squeeze in a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 4: At SeaThursday was another day at sea; however, the ship increased its cruising speed due to an ill passenger on board and we pulled into our next port of call, Princess Cays, Bahamas, in the evening - even though we would Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 3: Grand Turk!On Wednesday, the Emerald Princess' port of call was Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Tuesday was a day at sea, so although it was extremely relaxing and enjoyable, there is nothing to post about for that day. Wednesday was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 1: Emerald Princess!Yesterday I returned from a fantastic Caribbean cruise aboard the Emerald Princess. I will make one post for nearly every day (like I did for Costa Rica last summer), so here is day 1:
After taking an evening United Airlines flight Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- The most beautiful place on earth?I had to take a boat from the main city Yamoussoukro all the way to Taï the country's biggest national park. It was quite a journey going on a speedboat all the way there, it made me feel alive. When Posted by milestheblogger in Is Ivory Coast A Scam? | Dec 3, 2015
- Nxai Pan National Park We reached Nxai Pan National Park after a five hour drive from Chobe yesterday. Nxai Pan is famous for having a lot of SpringBoks. We have never seen Springboks before so we were very excited to on our first safari. Posted by Heshan in Animal Paradise- Botswana | Dec 1, 2015
- Chobe National ParkMy name is Heshan and I have come to Botswana with my really good school friend Daniel. We are going to stay in Botswana for one week. While we are here we will be visiting three places, Chobe National Park, Posted by Heshan in Animal Paradise- Botswana | Dec 1, 2015
- Accentuating Madagascar==Exploring the diverse wildlife and atmosphere of
==Where's Madagascar? Study the map before knowing what the land of Madagascar really is==
= Posted by brinaayles in The luscious wildlife in Madagascar | Dec 1, 2015