Blog Entries tagged 'animals'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'animals'
- St. Mary's Walk - Sunday Stroll #2
Walking has really changed my life and I am glad of it. Not only have I been able to see the world in a different light but it has given me the opportunity to meet some true Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Mar 25, 2014
- Cuddle a Cub at Paradise SpringsAfter waiting for the relentless rains of yesterday to cease, I was quick to spring from my sleeping bag after glimpsing the blue sky through a crack in our campervan curtain. There was no need to prepare the makeshift Posted by CarlaTracy in Carla Tracy | Mar 21, 2014
- A week defined by the people I met and the odd rhinoAt the backpackers people come and stay anywhere from 1 night up to several weeks as I do. Some come alone, others come in groups. But it is easy to talk to the people here. Everyone is traveling (holiday, work) Posted by Elisebuiter in Africa | Mar 17, 2014
- The weekend updateI had a very nice weekend. Nice and relaxed, a lot of company and I saw a lot of the area. I am so annoyed with my lack of a good camera and really hope that my mobile makes photos Posted by Elisebuiter in Africa | Mar 12, 2014
- Shark BayHi All
We have spent the last few days in sunny Shark Bay where the occasional emu walks up the main street of Denham. A fantastic place to see pristine waters and plenty of marine life although the wind and the Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 135 - 139 Rotorua, Taupo & Wellington
Rotoura is a quaint but eggy town. New Zealand is very sleepy with shops closing no later than 5:30pm and most Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 1, 2014
- Moving Cuties and Wonders in KhabarovskKhabarovsk, January 3rd 2014
My first intention was following [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/46/|the rattles of tram]] no. 1 to wherever -- as I use to do in other new places. I didn't know this tram would pass Gagarin Park which I intended Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Feb 27, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 27, 2014
- Madagascar: Tana: Coquerel's Sifakas and the Croc Farm Our flight from Kenya to Madagascar was expensive…in fact it was more expensive than our flights to Africa from the New York! We got up brutally early for our ride to the airport…and the direct easy 4 hour Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Nov 12, 2013
- Day 119 - 122 Melbourne
We've arrived safely in Australia and are suitably culture shocked by western delights such as good sandwiches an Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Feb 12, 2014
- Chicken Run Dos-Punto-Huevo: Trapped in Panama[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
The stench was awful. Piles of feces coated the floor of their tiny enclosure. It was better than what they’d get in Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Feb 8, 2014
- A Multitude of Death-Defying Acts in Lake Gatun[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
My backside still wiggling into settled, legs not yet positioned, I was freshly sat in a kayak when, from below on t Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jan 30, 2014
- The End of the World[float=right][/float]
That's it, the journey in South America was almost over when I finally reached Ushuaia, dubbed the End of the World city, in Argentina. After travelling thousa Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Jan 17, 2014
- On To Chiang Mai... and The Tiger Kingdom!Chiang Mai has definitely lived up to our high expectations so far! The town itself is really nice, with lots of excellent coffee shops (we've had the best coffee in Thailand here), little boutique shops, as well as plenty of Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Jan 12, 2014
- Who's Vago?[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Arriving at a new destination, even if you’ve arrived at hundreds of new destinations, is still a humbling experienc Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jan 11, 2014
- Why Howler Monkeys Howl & Other Animal Tales from Totoco[center]Visit my website for more blogs from around the world, articles on travel miscellany, and great links to other great sites.[/center]
[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/551459/916F99D72219AC681759B13 Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 30, 2013
- Kenya: South Narok: Practicing Dermatology in the MaraHaving already been to Africa several times, I couldn't wait to show my good friend Andrea all of the beautiful things that make Africa such a great place to visit (and volunteer)! Thanks to Free the Children, Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Nov 10, 2013
- Salar de Uyuni[float=right][/float]
Following Potosí, I decided to head off straight away for the south again, skipping cities such as Sucre or Santa Cruz (once again, this will be for another journey...) a Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Dec 6, 2013
- Samples of my Watercolour Painting Style <3For those of you interested in choosing the watercolor perk on my Fundraiser page, I have uploaded some samples for you!
[img=http://p Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Nov 22, 2013
- KRUGER NATIONAL PARK, SOUTH AFRICAI make $13 an hour ... if I can afford an African safari, so can you! Mind you, I'm the biggest penny pincher you'll ever meet, but I travel far & wide every year, you just gotta know that the Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Nov 8, 2013
- Sichuan Day 1 : Visit to the Chengdu Panda breeding centerDont miss this place when you are in Chengdu...it takes just 4 hours to do, including transport time. (entrance fee RMB 58)
Getting there -
Bus # 60 from Xinnanmen Bus Station, next to Travel Inn, and get off at Longqing Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Sep 26, 2013
- We had a whale of a time[float=right][/float]Hervey Bay is the whale watching capital of the world. So going there during the school holidays was probably not the best plan. However, we managed to get three tickets for a boat on Sunday afternoon. Locals can normally get Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Oct 6, 2013
- Animals in Canadian Rockies[float=right][/float]Finally we have seen Elk. We were hoping for a moose but no complains :).
And as I wa Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Oct 7, 2013
- Anyone for lizards[float=right][/float]Josh wanted to go to the zoo - so off we went (Josh and I - Hilary isn't in to zoos). We parked in the nearest free carpark, which turned out to be a c Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Sep 22, 2013