Blog Entries tagged 'armchair_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'armchair_travel'
- Whistler to VictoriaDear All
This is nearly the end of the first leg of the trip. And trust me, these legs are just a little worn with the sitting and then looking for places to stretch out but what the Hey! It's a Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 15, 2014
- Lake Jasper to Sun PeaksDear All
A long day today but some fantastic sights.
As we were driving out of Jasper, the bus suddenly slowed and stopped and there in the middle of the highway was this huge Bull Elk. His horns were ginormous! And Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 14, 2014
- Travel EnvyI used to travel quite a bit (as this blog attests). From 2001 until 2008 I spent a significant portion of my time on the road, away from my Toronto home. As an example, in 2006, I spent Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Oct 6, 2012
- End of the Big Nerd Ranch, and Return of the Nerd[i]Kanata lays low across the landscape, a glass and steel enclave of high-tech fortresses with short, ultra-green grass and small perfectly trimmed trees. Large 4 lane roads run straight like arrows across the cornfields that separate the mirror glass bu Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Oct 26, 2010
- The BeginningThis is the future location of my travel blog. I'm setting this up so I'll be able to bring friends and family along with me on this trip, make you all jealous, and fend off boredom. Plus who doesn't miss Posted by boka33 in Around the Globe | Aug 29, 2010
Dreams of train journeys across endless plains
Dreams of arrow straight roads through desert moonscapes
Dreams of watching through airplane’s small windows as we break through the Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Aug 17, 2010
- Japan update from AustraliaHello again,
Just a quick update for what we got upto in Tokyo.
We went to a few of the famous areas for shopping, Asakusa/Akihabara/Shinjuku, didn't buy anything though, too expensive! We also saw some of the sights, the Imperial Posted by wayneanna in Wayne and Anna's travel blog | Aug 9, 2010
- Deciding to leaveMay 2010
I’m unsure of the exact date, I don’t really care, I’m faced with a cheap, plate filling, sprawling breakfast from Beckett’s Bank, Leeds that’s absorbing most of my attention right now. It’s the kind of challenge I can cope Posted by footdown in A life in recovery from boredom | May 7, 2010
- Countdown: 53 daysFirst blog entry, let's see how this works... Posted by tjacoboe in Jacob in Egypt | Jun 30, 2010
- Getting Readyhi, I'm audrey and i bet Korea is going to be awesome!!! even though i haven't even thought about packing yet, i bet i wont have to pack very much. i bought a very awesome bag that i'm going to Posted by Asha123 in Korea, the blog | Jun 27, 2010
- Cambodia to Vietnam Bonjour mon petite Chou fleurs. We are now in vietnam after travelling from siem reap via phnom penh in cambodia, and then catching a bus from phnom penh (where we were offered to blow up a cow with a rocket Posted by doyley7 in Chris and Gooses Most Excellent Adventur | May 23, 2010
- Into AfricaLast day in Paris today, we spent ages getting ready, only ended up with time for a short walk along Rue Moufftard to think what might have been. Into the Metro and the RER out to CDG. It Posted by lostagain in A big trip | May 4, 2010
- a sombrero and a curry so i've said nearly all the goodbyes and done nearly all the packing - need to squeeze in a pack of cards and a tubey bandage still.
thanks to everyone who came along for the chilli and drinks last night Posted by snorman42 in Tonight Just Became This Morning | Apr 25, 2010
- GardenThis is the first entry to my blog The Magic Mountain, which obviously refers to Thomas Mann's famous book of 1924. Like the main characters of the book - who are all seriously ill and seem to bide their time Posted by PvanHam in My Magic Mountain | Apr 24, 2010
- Nott Landing (or even Taking Off...)It seems like the name of this blog might be a sign. I was supposed to fly to Cancun in Mexico on Friday 16th April, around 12 hours after UK airspace was shut for the first time in living memory, Posted by anotty in Nott's Landing | Apr 18, 2010
- Test - Entry #1Test text 123.
more test text
Posted by Fiona_mac in 2010: A Europe Odyssey | Apr 17, 2010
- attempt 2here is attempt 2... dont know what happened to the first one.
Could this be the coolest thing since sliced bread?
lets see how it all looks.
we are the little p Posted by guzzlebust in try out | Apr 15, 2010
- The countdown beginsHi all
Today is Monday the 12th April and I am home with a bad cold, may as well be now before the long awaited trip to Greece and the Islands.
Am travelling with a group of women who are Posted by ViolettaB in Vitsey's Travels to Greek Islands | Apr 12, 2010
- Welcome To My WorldHello All
I have been looking fort places to share my travelling experiences and it looks like I have came up trumps. The travellersPoint is ideal for me and my traveling buddy and partner, Jill.
I have had a look at some Posted by gavelect in Free Spirate Traveling | Apr 9, 2010
- PenangWe arrived in Penang after a 3 hour boat ride, which saw some Indian women at the back arguing and a little girl crying. It was quite late in the evening so thought it might be best to get a Posted by palmer830 in Adam and Anna half a world away | Mar 16, 2010
- The universe conspires...I have always believed that if there's something you want, all you need to do is let the universe know, put it out there, and then magically things start coming your way. Here's an example.
When Hilary first heard of the Posted by Goofy9 in Singapore Sling | Mar 10, 2010
- The end. [i]Well, that's it, we've been around the world! Visiting 22 countries in 360 days probably hasn't broken any records, but what a year we've had. As we while away our long flight home, we want to share with you some Posted by bigtrip09 in Ali and Rowan's Big Trip | Mar 7, 2010
- Chiang Mai, the finaleHaving written our last blog entry, we returned to our guesthouse to give ourselves some time to get ready before taking part in our Thai Cookery Course. We realised a "power nap" was in order and so settled down Posted by noodz4loz in Babez on Round the World Tour 2010 | Mar 7, 2010
- in the beginning welcome to the blog/journal/life documentation tool
this will keep you up to date with my adventures over the course of 2010 whilst im heading off to the americas and be some sort of insightful life journey for all of us im Posted by snorman42 in Tonight Just Became This Morning | Apr 11, 2010
- A Wider Field of VisionLike most Saturday mornings, I woke up yesterday and flipped on the BBC News. The top story was the earthquake in Chile (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8541546.stm), which is now reported to have caused massive damage in Concepcion an Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Feb 28, 2010