- About Sri Lanka==Language==
The Sinhala language is spoken by the Sinhalese people, who constitute approximately 75% of the national population and total about 13 million.
[b]Meanwhile, English is still almost universally spoken by educated pe Posted by Dilshan.j in Travel in Ceylon | Jun 29, 2015
- Aarhus Cathedral (Domkirke)Aarhus Domkirke has stood as the dominant structure in the city since the late 12thC, albeit with rebuilding, and changes in style over the centuries. At 93m, it is the longest church in Denmark.
It Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jun 25, 2015
- 3 churches in oneOld churches are always a drawcard for me when we travel .. not from a religious, but an historical, perspective. I try to imagine the people, and how they participated in the church, which would Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jun 22, 2015
- [Florence] Basilica di Santa CrocePrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/33/|[Florence] Crossing the Ponte Vecchio
[b]Pictures have been heavily re-sized for easier loading. Large resolutions of high-quality landscape images are available in an image gallery linked Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 8, 2015
- The OldNevayansk, December 29th 2014
Remember [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/178/|Sergey]] and [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/180/|Ludmila]] in Tavolgi, the pottery village? They were followers of the [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Bel Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 7, 2015
- Mold and SoldNizhniye Tavolgi, December 29th 2014
On the other side of [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/178/|Sergey's workshop]] was Ludmila's studio for another method of ceramic art. We'll see.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/250384/large_PV031- Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 3, 2015
- Pottery StoryNizhniye Tavolgi, December 29th 2014
80 kilometers away from Yekaterinburg now, here we are in Nizhniye Tavolgi. In Google Maps (English version) it's just Tavolgi. I don't know why. The main and only purpose coming here was to see pottery Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 2, 2015
- Frick and Frack's Fantastic Foray in France[i]For the past five summers, Eva has helped move her siblings home from college. A few thousand miles and an ocean wasn’t going to keep her from doing the same this year, so she packed a duffel bag and Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jun 1, 2015
- [Florence] Meeting David at Piazza della Signoria[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/30/|[Florence] Nice cake and free souvenirs from Gucci Museo]]
Pictures have been heavily re-sized for easier load Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 1, 2015
- Crepes, a Canadian, and a possibly drunk AustralianDay 5 (May 26)
Our first day of real classes was today. In our Sustainability class taught by an Australian professor we went over topics regarding Australia's Population. It was actually really interesting to see how Australia has facilitated Posted by kmnelsen in My Dreaming Story | May 28, 2015
- Vivid Sydney 2015 - Part 1[center][/center]
MOST people don't need convincing that Sydney is a beautiful place.
But if there was ever any doubt, then Vivid will set you straight.
[center][img=http://photos.travell Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | May 25, 2015
- [Florence] Il Duomo - Florence Cathedral
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/27/|[Florence] I paid 10 Euros to go window-shopping at The Mall]]
The Duomo, also known as the Florence Cathedral, is very near o Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 20, 2015
- Minister welcomes local govt survey results The first ever survey of how ratepayers view the performance of their local government is being welcomed by Local Government Minister Paula Bennett.
The inaugural New Zealand Local Government Survey, released today, is part of Local Government New Zeal Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi faces a balancing act over trade legislation before Congress.
It's a top priority for President Barack Obama. But it's overwhelmingly opposed by House Democrats. That leaves Pelosi caught in th Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- German backpacker survives icy fall on Mt TongariroA 19-year-old German backpacker has been hospitalised after sliding 50 metres down an icy slope near the summit of Mt Tongariro today.
The man and his three companions were hiking over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing about 1pm when he slipped and Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- [Rome] Picturesque Piazza NavonaPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/23/|[Rome] The Pantheon, home to tombs of the illustrious dead]]
When we arrived at Piazza Navona, w Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 16, 2015
- [Rome] The Pantheon, home to tombs of the illustrious deadPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/22/|[Rome] Gothic Church Santa Maria Sopra Minerva]]
The Pantheon we see in Rome today is the third version of its original version rebuilt in 126 AD after the first two were burnt down in a fi Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 15, 2015
- [Vatican City] St Peter's Basilica Makes Me Feel TinyPrevious Entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/17/|[Vatican City] Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel]]
St Peter's Basilica is considered the most renowned masterpiece of Renaissance architecture, one of the largest churches in the world, and Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 13, 2015
- [Vatican City] Vatican Museums & Sistine ChapelPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/16/|A bondafide busy trattoria experience outside Vatican City, and St Peter's Square]]
The Vatican Museums is made up of many rooms displaying different collections of sculptures, tapestries, p Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 12, 2015
- Adventures in the Nether-regions (of Europe)In celebration of the end of classes, I decided to take advantage of an offer to visit some friends in The Hague. They were my roommates in my hostel in Prague, and they invited me to come up and Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Apr 29, 2015
- Belur Chennakesava temple, Karnataka The Chennakesava temple is situated at Belur, which is around 220 km from Bangalore, Karnataka, India. I visited this place in November 2014, with my husband; and we have thoroughly enjoyed it. Chennakesava literally means "handsome Kesava" and it is Posted by physics.swagata in My travel stories | Apr 24, 2015
- Black Sand and Green LightsFly North for three hours from London and you arrive in Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland. In a country of just over 300,000 people, around 125,000 Icelanders live in the city.
We landed late afternoon at what felt like an Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Apr 16, 2015
- STREET ART AND ARTISAN MARKETS
Hola from Santiago, the final stop on our South American adventure.
We had an early start to our day to fit in a final tour before leaving Valparaiso. We had an early breakfast at Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 8, 2015
- OOHS, AHHS AND OH MY GODS
I think I am declaring Valparaiso my new favorite world city. I am going to try and keep the text to a minimum today because the beauty in this city needs no words.
We had an exce Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 7, 2015
- Join our community.We publish our community management on gummytraveler( dot ) com our ideas about group leisures on travel.
Because we have so many ideas to share we invite all of you to join our new projects.
We hope to make more larger this Posted by Gummy Traveler in Joint Venture Lab. | Mar 23, 2015