Blog Entries tagged 'asia'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'asia'
- South East Asia Summary and HighlightsNumber of days in South East Asia: 88 days
Thailand: 12 + 17 = 29 days
Laos: 8 days
Vietnam: 24 days
Cambodia: 5 days
Malaysia: 7 + (Sabah: 5 days) + 2 + 2 = 16 days
Brunei: 2 days
Singapore: 2 + 2 = Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Mar 2, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Cambodia continued.....[center]After lunch, we continued our day by going to the Royal Palace.
Gorgeous, elaborate buildings dotted the spotless grounds with large trees and topiaries providing natural beauty to compliment the elegant man-made structures.
[img=http://phot Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 26, 2014
- Vietnam #1 A month in dot points because I'm lazy Ha Tien:
- The border town near Cambodia
- Did not see another westerner in the entire time I was there
- Spent a lovely day cycling through local fishing villages
- Got what I thought was an ear Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Jan 16, 2014
- Photos from Cambodia Koh Rong
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631 Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Jan 8, 2014
- Finding Paradise in Cambodia So many people have already asked me where my favorite place has been. To date, I absolutely have to say the South of Cambodia. Except not Sihanoukville. Its weird. And full of drunken backpackers (say nothing!) and prostitutes. Although Otres Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Jan 8, 2014
- New Year in China[center]I felt it was time to evaluate my life in China so far, what with the dawn of the Chinese New Year fast approaching and the Year of the Horse wielding unknown potential.
I'd like to share with you some things Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Jan 4, 2014
- Indonesia - 3D2N Mount Rinjani Trekking From developed up-scale shopping district in Bali to clear white sandy beaches in Lombok, we somehow ended up in this most gruesome and most tiring trip i have ever experienced in my life.
Posted by LesCrazy in Pack N Go Everywhere | Dec 31, 2013
- Hong KongI flew into Hong Kong at 2pm, and for the first time this trip I had some jet lag. I felt very tired all afternoon, then woke in the night ready to eat another dinner.
This meant I missed my favorite Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 28, 2013
- Bangkok and Hua HinAfter flying out of Bhutan, we had a couple of nights in Bangkok. Due to the fact that Paro's airport is purely visual and doesn't have a control tower we had to have a grace period before the groups flight Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Nov 21, 2013
- Nursing in Bhutan #2Between our hospital shifts we were also exposed to many other areas of Bhutanese healthcare. We spent a morning at the traditional medicine hospital, an outpatient service for treatments such as needle therapy, hot compression therapy and steam therapy. Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Nov 8, 2013
- Nursing in Bhutan (+GNH) #1The main purpose for our trip to Bhutan is to, as nursing students learn about and from their healthcare system. Our first exposure was info sessions on Bhutan, GNH and their healthcare system at RIHS.
Gross national happiness:
GNH Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Nov 4, 2013
- Bhutan #1It's taken me a while to write this, because I honestly didn't know where to begin. I'm still pinching myself everyday and can't quite believe it's real. Bangkok was dark and sleepy and with a 3am wakeup call our first Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Nov 1, 2013
- Notes and Errata on Myanmar Travel==Please scroll below a few pics of the authors for our observations on Myanmar travel.==
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by mjschrum in Meanderings in Myanmar | Oct 30, 2013
- Asia, first stopThe flight over the Pacific was a mere 15 hours. Sleep, movie, dinner, sleep, breakfast, reading, and you're there. As we left rounding midnight, and got to Kuala Lumpur rounding midday, I didn't even get much jet lag. It Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Oct 21, 2013
- the beginningT minus 13 sleeps and it still doesn't feel real. This time in two weeks, I'll be in Bhutan, nursing it up and looking towards the next 12 or so months of backpacking through s-e asia, the Indian subcontinent Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Oct 13, 2013
- Jumping the borderToday was our second day in Moscow and we headed out on another tour. This time we were visiting the Kremlin grounds and cathedrals and the Armoury Museum and Tsar treasures. We began with another trip on the Moscow Underground. Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 7, 2013
- Persephone and the Bus to MalaysiaIt’s a different experience being male. I’m told this in different ways. When in Asia in the company of my husband, I get used to being ignored. At a recommended Indian restaurant in Singapore, I am not even glanced Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Aug 3, 2013
- Hong Kong AirportGood Morning from Hong Kong Airport. Well, it is actually 6pm here so I guess that makes it good evening. So far, our travels have gone really well with great connections and lots of sleep, at least for me. Shirley, Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jun 29, 2013
- About LagawanHi guys!
You can just call me Lagawan (Hiligaynon word for "wanderer"). The name speaks for itself.
Honestly, I hate writing. I'd rather speak and tell my stories to my friends everytime I'm back from a trip. I'm pretty Posted by LagawanDiaries in Lagawan Diaries | Jun 19, 2013
- HELLO ASIA! :)As you can see, another blog, another place I visited. This was my first stop in Asia, Nepal!!! The flight from Brussels to Nepal, Kathmandu was 17 hour 55 minute flight with a 6 hour 45 minute layover. This long Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- Gardens by the Bay When Bill and Jamie visited me last August, he stayed in the Marina Bay Sands (they didn't gamble at all, but they used the roof-top infinity swimming pool a lot. Well, they're Aussies). His hotel room was facing the Gardens Posted by FrancisQ in RamBLer WithOUT BorDers | Mar 5, 2013
- Island Life and Pretend HolidaysWhat is it about island life that draws us all so much? Also the thought of tropical rainforests and tribesmen and untouched Africa and rustic settings etc... All the remote places with such different communities always attract us.
Beaches most Posted by sonia.itchyfeet in Sonia's Itchy Feet | Jan 30, 2013
- Trip to Hong Kong & ChinaSitting at O.R Tambo international airport, awaiting our flight, Des and I sit, still time to ponder and say goodbye to good friends and family
After a long sleepless night we arrive to a rain soaked Hong Kong, but still in Posted by Kimmico88 in Kimi's travels | Nov 6, 2012