Blog Entries tagged 'asia'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'asia'
- Bucket List [center]
1. [s]Make a personal travel blog[/s] [[https://wanderlustoverloaded.wordpress.com]]
2. [s] Camp on the beach[/s] New year’s eve 2013 in an island
3. [s]Go on a road trip with friends[/s] [i]Couple of times now. Posted by swoutyyjae in Wanderlust Overloaded | May 20, 2015
- THE ADVENTURE FOR 2015 BEGINS!
===Tuesday 5th May 2015 (day one)===
Departure day has finally come around. The last week has been somewhat busy. Turning half a century last week and th Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | May 13, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 1 Part 1
So, here we are, our first proper blog post. We recently visited Tokyo so to get ourselves ready to cover our experiences in China, we’ve decided to cover this trip first! Our first full day In Tokyo was spent in Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Apr 29, 2015
- Angkor Wat4.40am wake to see this
Sunrise at Angkor Wat
Group shot at Angkor Wat Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 24, 2015
- Nothing Much to ReportA pretty boring post really.....I got a lie in since I'm absolutely paranoid of kayaks which was a good thing since I woke up not feeling the best. Explored town, had a massage, slept, treated myself to an iced Laos Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 20, 2015
- Where did you have lunch today
This is where I had lunch on top of the world!!! But it was one hell of a climb to get there thankfully we were on a coach but after 7 hours of twisting & turning I Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 19, 2015
- Monks, Elephants & Waterfalls Whose alarm goes off at 5.15am when there on holidays.....mine! A nice early start because we got to participate in the Alms giving ceremony. We knelt on mats & put sticky rice in the bowls of novice monks well Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 18, 2015
- Why did the Monk cross the road?Not sure as a women there not allowed to talk to me but we are seeing more & more, there orange robes standing out as they go about there lives.
Believe me when I say it's been a tough day : Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 17, 2015
- Scratching Laos off my MapOur drive from Chiang Rai to the Laos border was dotted with large mountains of limestone rising randomly up through the rice paddys, cute little wooden shacks would also appear, the a village & repeat.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/AE4 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 16, 2015
- Tribes & TemplesOur day started with a 4-5hour bus ride from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, through mountains. Will I ever tire of the green scenery or rice paddys?
We donned our sunnies & stopped out the White Temple, it's only 20 years Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 15, 2015
- So an American, a Canadian & an Aussie walk into a barWhat am I saying it's more like a bunch of Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Chinese, South African..... Walk into a bar in Thailand ... Scrap that a cabaret bar ... Oh it was a lady boy show ok. Talk about laugh, Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 14, 2015
- Drive By Shootings Yes today I have witnessed drive by shootings
It's Songkran so there's people everywhere with buckets of water, hoses, water pistols, there on tuk tuks, motor bikes, th Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 13, 2015
- Songkran Thai new year or the water festival it's a time to dust off your water pistol & join the fun.
You get soaked, there's water getting chucked on you, you get caught in the cross fire, then random people rub this Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 12, 2015
- Bangkok - City of 7/11sA little less sleep deprived Aussie & her California room mate set off to explore this morning, we made it to the hotel reception where we bumped into a couple of others from our tour. So we took a day Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 12, 2015
- Pa-DANG it!“Here try this”, a lady suggests as she hands me what looks like a rice cake/large cracker while we were at a food market in Jakarta.
I bite into it slowly, nearly breaking my teeth which amuses the group of onlookers Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Mar 18, 2015
- Underestimated UzbekistanWhen I meet random tourists at the street, I realize that the knowledge they have about Uzbekistan relies more or less on a media, less on a reality.
The name of Uzbekistan often is recalled with Afghanistan, or Pakistan, or Turkmenistan. Posted by ravshan in Underestimated Uzbekistan | Feb 17, 2015
- The Sleeper TrainBy James: we got on the train at 10 at night we had second class beds at the back of the train. We were on the train for 8 and a half hours so we didint have much stuff Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Jan 24, 2015
- Taiwan - temple and 18 hours of waitingAfter 12 long hours we have the fist stop, in Taipeh (Taiwan). That airport is so empty, here's nobody. The first problem we have to deal with is to find the exit. No sight, no one we could ask, nothing. Posted by Lenas.Reise in Lena and the Kangaroos | Jan 14, 2015
- TEMPLES OF BALI - INDONESIA
On my last day in Indonesia I visited 2 temples. One very touristy, and the other unknown (my taxi driver didnt even know how to get to it). First, I hit up Tanah Lot Temple. This is p Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 23, 2014
- LOMBOK, INDONESIA
I am about to tell you about the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Ironically I can't remember the name of it, nor did I write it down in my journal, lol! Its located in the little vi Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 18, 2014
- Introducing Asia Hej guys,
Initially I have to say that I'm just happy that I arrived safe in Bangkok.
The 12-hour-travel is really a torture for someone who's absolutely not used to travel within three different time zones in the time of Posted by J.Winschewski in travelizer_experience@theworld. | Oct 31, 2014
- FLORES & KOMODO NATIONAL PARK - INDONESIAAfter a bunch of rainy days in Jakarta I flew all the way over to the island of Flores. I knew I would love this place even before the plane landed. The views from my tiny airplane window upon landing Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- JAKARTA - INDONESIAAfter my 5 days in Borneo, I flew to Jakarta, Indonesia. Jakarta was just supposed to be a one night thing before heading to Yogyakarta to see Borobudur (one of the top things I came to Indonesia to see), but Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- ULU WATU, BALI - INDONESIA
I woke up on Day 2 at Lake Bratan to discover my DSLR camera was BROKEN!!!!! My biggest travel nightmare had come true! I turnt it on ... nothing. I switched the battery and tried agai Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Sep 25, 2014
- LAKE BRATAN, BALI - INDONESIA
Today started awesome, and ended of with a pervert. Allow me to start from the beginning ...
I woke up in Jatiluwih and took a taxi for 200,000 Rupiah (about $16) Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 28, 2014