Blog Entries tagged 'asia'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'asia'
- TEMPLES OF BALI - INDONESIA
On my last day in Indonesia I visited 2 temples. One very touristy, and the other unknown (my taxi driver didnt even know how to get to it). First, I hit up Tanah Lot Temple. This is p Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 23, 2014
- LOMBOK, INDONESIA
I am about to tell you about the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Ironically I can't remember the name of it, nor did I write it down in my journal, lol! Its located in the little vi Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 18, 2014
- Introducing Asia Hej guys,
Initially I have to say that I'm just happy that I arrived safe in Bangkok.
The 12-hour-travel is really a torture for someone who's absolutely not used to travel within three different time zones in the time of Posted by J.Winschewski in travelizer_experience@theworld. | Oct 31, 2014
- FLORES & KOMODO NATIONAL PARK - INDONESIAAfter a bunch of rainy days in Jakarta I flew all the way over to the island of Flores. I knew I would love this place even before the plane landed. The views from my tiny airplane window upon landing Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- JAKARTA - INDONESIAAfter my 5 days in Borneo, I flew to Jakarta, Indonesia. Jakarta was just supposed to be a one night thing before heading to Yogyakarta to see Borobudur (one of the top things I came to Indonesia to see), but Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- ULU WATU, BALI - INDONESIA
I woke up on Day 2 at Lake Bratan to discover my DSLR camera was BROKEN!!!!! My biggest travel nightmare had come true! I turnt it on ... nothing. I switched the battery and tried agai Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Sep 25, 2014
- LAKE BRATAN, BALI - INDONESIA
Today started awesome, and ended of with a pervert. Allow me to start from the beginning ...
I woke up in Jatiluwih and took a taxi for 200,000 Rupiah (about $16) Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 28, 2014
- JATILUWIH, BALI - INDONESIA
The village of Jatiluwih (pronounced jah-til-away) is about 2hrs from Ubud. I just took a taxi there, cuz frankly I'm not on that tight a budget that I need to waste my day stuck on a Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 26, 2014
- UBUD, BALI - INDONESIA
So Bali is sooooOOOoooo fricken far from Canada, its ridiculous! It literally took 2 days to get there! I flew from Saskatoon to Minneapolis, which was only 1.5hrs, with a 5hr layover Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 26, 2014
- I'm in a transitional periodI can't think of a more appropriate city to begin my next phase of my journey than Istanbul. As the only city in the world on two continents it's an appropriate bridge, both physically (Bosphorus Bridge) and metaphorically. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- The Beautiful Province of BatangasBatangas is one of the most popular destinations near Metro Manila, Philippines. The province has many excellent beaches and resorts to visit including Pico de Loro, which has a great resort and beach view, and Anilao, which has a great Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 18, 2014
- The Street Children of The Philippines
ChildHope Asia Philippines is an international, non-profit , non-political, non-sectarian organization whose principal purpose is to advocate for the cause of street children in the Philippine Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 9, 2014
- The Mystery of LisaultThe best holiday I ever had was the trip throughout South-East Asia with my wife and kids. We made sure to get local tour guides who knew what they were doing. I had gone through Asia before with a bad Posted by DavieP74 in Hidden Gems | Jun 3, 2014
- Paragliding in Taiwan, AsiaSo I have been travelling and living around Asia for last just about four years. On they way I managed to pick up a hobby or two. And paragliding was one of them. Here in Taiwan, I've started the art Posted by seabirdlv in Seabird's Traveling | Apr 24, 2014
- Hello Turkey Bye“Where do you live?” A girl asked. “I live here, now. I live where I’m living” I smartly replied. “Yes, but where’s your home?
Ah. Now that’s the question, isn’t it?
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614319/larg Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Apr 19, 2014
- Castaways...Starting 2014 on Halong BayBefore we start you all need to be aware of the rules
1. No drinking with your right hand...if you do, down your drink. Buffalo!
2. If you say the words 'mine' or 'ten' do ten push-ups
3. If Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Apr 19, 2014
- Hanoi....only 4 months late!Sorry sorry I know I've been rubbish at keeping this updated...but it's hard...I legit spent tons of time in Nepal catching up on about 2 months of my own diary (by torchlight...but we'll get to that) let alone blogging :/ Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Apr 19, 2014
- Boracay: The Ultimate Tropical Island
Boracay is my all time favorite. My husband and I make it a point to visit at least once a year.
The thing about Boracay is that the beach is so great, the sand so white and so so fine Posted by Kate T. in Itchy Feet | Apr 12, 2013
- Spending Christmas at BaliMy husband and I spent the Christmas holiday at Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia. It is also our honeymoon. While weather in the Philippines is nice during December, it is rainy in Bali. In fact, it was raining hard when Posted by Kate T. in Itchy Feet | Dec 26, 2013
- On leaving a continent[center][/center]
Six months it was. Six months ago I arrived in Kuala Lumpur for the first time. On that day I knew nothing. Coming ou Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Apr 7, 2014
- The three day thing[center][/center]
It’s been six months since I left Mexico City. Two of those I've been in South East Asia.
As I approached Kuala Lumpur a fourth time, I felt as unready and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 17, 2014
- South East Asia Summary and HighlightsNumber of days in South East Asia: 88 days
Thailand: 12 + 17 = 29 days
Laos: 8 days
Vietnam: 24 days
Cambodia: 5 days
Malaysia: 7 + (Sabah: 5 days) + 2 + 2 = 16 days
Brunei: 2 days
Singapore: 2 + 2 = Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Mar 2, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Cambodia continued.....[center]After lunch, we continued our day by going to the Royal Palace.
Gorgeous, elaborate buildings dotted the spotless grounds with large trees and topiaries providing natural beauty to compliment the elegant man-made structures.
[img=http://phot Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 26, 2014