Blog Entries tagged 'asia'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'asia'
- JERASH, JORDAN
On the last day of my 6 day tour of Jordan, we headed north, to the ancient Roman ruins of Jerash. Above is a photo of me under Hadrian's Arch.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 20, 2015
- MADABA & THE DEAD SEA, JORDAN
Today we drove from Wadi Musa to the Dead Sea. Its about a 3hr drive, so we made a few stops along the way to break it up. Our first stop was the Crusader fortress of Shobak Castle. We Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 19, 2015
- PETRA, JORDANAll who travel to Jordan end up in Petra. And it is for good reason ... its incredible! To be fully honest, I didn't even realize Petra was a real place until 3yrs ago. I had been planning a trip Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 14, 2015
- EPHESUS & KUSADASI, TURKEY
From Pamukkale my original plan was to go to Fethiye, but Fethiye's forecast was rain for the next 5 days :( So I headed to Kusadasi instead. Minibuses headed there take 3hrs, and cost Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 13, 2015
- PAMUKKALE & HIERAPOLIS, TURKEY
I took a 10hr night bus to Pamukkale from Goreme for $28CAD. During the last hour the bus stopped, woke everyone up, and switched from the bus to several vans. Not sure why as no one s Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 7, 2015
- CAPPADOCIA, TURKEY
Cappadocia ... WOW! Its as awesome as I was hoping it would be! From hot air ballooning over the valley of hoodoos, to cave dwellings and underground cities ... such a unique place to Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 6, 2015
- ISTANBUL, TURKEY
Istanbul ... my favorite city! And I don't say that lightly ... I have been to many countries, even more cities, and all continents but one ... so when I say Istanbul is my favorite Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Jul 31, 2015
- Brainstorm, book and go!
'===Who'd have thought I would actually book it....==='
After long conversations with my closest friends and family I was ready to book my first long distance, travelling, holiday, alone. I had no idea where i wanted to go or what i Posted by Tribuzio in My gap fortnight and a half! | Jun 6, 2015
- To the Intercontinental Border: Asia - EuropeYekaterinburg, December 29th 2014
When I was in Istanbul, I had difficulty figuring out whether I was on the Asian side or on the European side.
But here, I can tell for sure wheth Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 1, 2015
- Bucket List [center]
1. [s]Make a personal travel blog[/s] [[https://wanderlustoverloaded.wordpress.com]]
2. [s] Camp on the beach[/s] New year’s eve 2013 in an island
3. [s]Go on a road trip with friends[/s] [i]Couple of times now. Posted by swoutyyjae in Wanderlust Overloaded | May 20, 2015
- THE ADVENTURE FOR 2015 BEGINS!
===Tuesday 5th May 2015 (day one)===
Departure day has finally come around. The last week has been somewhat busy. Turning half a century last week and th Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | May 13, 2015
- Tokyo 2015: Day 1 Part 1
So, here we are, our first proper blog post. We recently visited Tokyo so to get ourselves ready to cover our experiences in China, we’ve decided to cover this trip first! Our first full day In Tokyo was spent in Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Apr 29, 2015
- Angkor Wat4.40am wake to see this
Sunrise at Angkor Wat
Group shot at Angkor Wat Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 24, 2015
- Nothing Much to ReportA pretty boring post really.....I got a lie in since I'm absolutely paranoid of kayaks which was a good thing since I woke up not feeling the best. Explored town, had a massage, slept, treated myself to an iced Laos Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 20, 2015
- Where did you have lunch today
This is where I had lunch on top of the world!!! But it was one hell of a climb to get there thankfully we were on a coach but after 7 hours of twisting & turning I Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 19, 2015
- Monks, Elephants & Waterfalls Whose alarm goes off at 5.15am when there on holidays.....mine! A nice early start because we got to participate in the Alms giving ceremony. We knelt on mats & put sticky rice in the bowls of novice monks well Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 18, 2015
- Why did the Monk cross the road?Not sure as a women there not allowed to talk to me but we are seeing more & more, there orange robes standing out as they go about there lives.
Believe me when I say it's been a tough day : Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 17, 2015
- Scratching Laos off my MapOur drive from Chiang Rai to the Laos border was dotted with large mountains of limestone rising randomly up through the rice paddys, cute little wooden shacks would also appear, the a village & repeat.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/AE4 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 16, 2015
- Tribes & TemplesOur day started with a 4-5hour bus ride from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, through mountains. Will I ever tire of the green scenery or rice paddys?
We donned our sunnies & stopped out the White Temple, it's only 20 years Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 15, 2015
- So an American, a Canadian & an Aussie walk into a barWhat am I saying it's more like a bunch of Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Chinese, South African..... Walk into a bar in Thailand ... Scrap that a cabaret bar ... Oh it was a lady boy show ok. Talk about laugh, Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 14, 2015
- Drive By Shootings Yes today I have witnessed drive by shootings
It's Songkran so there's people everywhere with buckets of water, hoses, water pistols, there on tuk tuks, motor bikes, th Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 13, 2015
- Songkran Thai new year or the water festival it's a time to dust off your water pistol & join the fun.
You get soaked, there's water getting chucked on you, you get caught in the cross fire, then random people rub this Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 12, 2015
- Bangkok - City of 7/11sA little less sleep deprived Aussie & her California room mate set off to explore this morning, we made it to the hotel reception where we bumped into a couple of others from our tour. So we took a day Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 12, 2015
- Pa-DANG it!“Here try this”, a lady suggests as she hands me what looks like a rice cake/large cracker while at a food market in Jakarta.
I bite into it slowly, nearly breaking my teeth which amuses the group of onlookers greatly. They Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Mar 18, 2015
- Underestimated UzbekistanWhen I meet random tourists at the street, I realize that the knowledge they have about Uzbekistan relies more or less on a media, less on a reality.
The name of Uzbekistan often is recalled with Afghanistan, or Pakistan, or Turkmenistan. Posted by ravshan in Underestimated Uzbekistan | Feb 17, 2015