Blog Entries tagged 'automotive'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'automotive'
- WollongongThis will probably be our last blog. Have had no time to blog since the Nullarbor Plains. We have been on the go for a very important mission. Destination Wollongong. Geoff had to be at his graduation for 15 December.
Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Dec 17, 2010
- Exmouth and Coral BayWe got to Exmouth not knowing what to expect. Our caravan park was below a lighthouse and when you drive up the hill you can see the ocean for miles. Another thing you can see are the whales returning to Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Nov 3, 2010
- Port Hedland, Karratha and DampierFinally we left Broome after such an adventurous time. Could it get any better than what we had already experienced? Surely the mining towns are nothing much to write home about. Well we certainly did see what BHP Billiton, Rio Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Oct 26, 2010
- Broome, Broome (West Kimberley) part oneWhat a beautiful place and so different to our beaches. This is the mecca we have heard about on the East coast and it is indeed a very unique part of Australia. The heading of this blog is something quirky Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Oct 2, 2010
- The Kimberleys (East Kimberley)After leaving Litchfield NP we spent another night at Katherine and this time stayed at a 'Rolls Royce' of caravan parks. Beautiful shady trees and even mango trees, huge bathrooms and shady swimming pool. The only downside was the amount Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Sep 12, 2010
- DarwinWe finally made it to Darwin and boy is it hot. Everyone here looks like they have got the measles on their legs and arms! They have had an early and unseasonal early summer! Great just what we needed! The Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Sep 7, 2010
- Litchfield National ParkWe left Darwin with our measled legs and arms and headed straight for the first waterhole. Everyone had recommended calling in to Berry Springs because it was so beautiful and it was a lovely swimming place. I did this with Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Sep 7, 2010
- Big Bertha is singing so it must be all overWell I am feeling a little crestfallen after the calamities of Thursday, but I have contacted a couple of doctors and have Bertha checked in for a series of minor ops and I live in hope that she will be Posted by jhanford in My month in a motorhome | Aug 29, 2010
- The Roads of RondaDriving to Ronda fully immersed me in the spirit of my new adventure and as we were coming closer to the town, Jo and I knew the challenges were just starting. We had decided we were doing this road Posted by STRsparkle in Retirement, Episode 1 | Aug 29, 2010
- Old stone walls and even older stone roadsYes, we're in York now! We met up with my friend Barrie, who I befriended together with his partner Judy, when I was living in York more than 20 years ago. Barrie told us when they were having Posted by HelenWyn in Wyn-Sanderson Adventure | Aug 28, 2010
- Skye and EdinburghWell, people like to complain about the Scottish summer, and I can see why. Skye has rather dramatic weather-wise, with heavy rain and mist, sun and everything in between, all in the same day. Nothing much stops the Posted by HelenWyn in Wyn-Sanderson Adventure | Aug 28, 2010
- Gettin Skrewy in St. LoueyAh, St. Louis. We finally had arrived and were officially at our halfway point. We had a grand ol' time with the Nash family and their plethora of pets (Shout out to Bobo!). Minus the habanero hot temps and humidity, Posted by Johniffer in Epic Roadtrip | Aug 26, 2010
- OopsSpent a long long day driving from Fort William down to Solfest in Cumbria. Had 3 prangs! List of things to fix:
1 far side bumper corner
2 the bit that goes under the door
3 flue cover
4 grille cover
5 indicaor light
6 wing Posted by jhanford in My month in a motorhome | Aug 26, 2010
- The Skye is BlueIt nearly always rains in Skye. The forecast was for rain and it was indeed raining. So the little band of stoics, fortified by a sausage and beans breakfast set forth on a sightseeing trip of the island. We stopped Posted by jhanford in My month in a motorhome | Aug 26, 2010
- Next stop UigSometimes it is right to trust your instincts over the satnav. Sometimes not. Today was one of those days where it was not. But I did anyway. So after a few loops of Inverness we were headed out on the Posted by jhanford in My month in a motorhome | Aug 25, 2010
- Daly Waters pub, Mataranka, Katherine GorgeWe have gone from seeing the Ghan coming through the Heavitree gap in Alice Springs and lovely cold weather to semi warm at Tennant Creek. Stayed at a caravan park with a bush poet who supplied bush tea and damper Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Aug 25, 2010
- Slight MiscalculationWe did a quick trip into the lovely little town of Aviemore to get a decent breakfast. Huge piles of scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon and maple syrup, lungfuls of coffee and hot chocolate. Then a quick glance at the Posted by jhanford in My month in a motorhome | Aug 25, 2010
- CaptivatingAs we approached Aviemore the rain stopped and the sun came out and we arrived at the camppsite on the side os a small loch amidst pine trees in sunshine. Captivating. Clothes off and in we go mad woman mad Posted by jhanford in My month in a motorhome | Aug 22, 2010
- A Narrow EscapeWe have been so lucky with the weather. We left a miserably wet Loch Lomond and headed for Aviemore. Stopping en route to make bacon sarnies in the Aldi car park in Perth and felt like proper pikeys turns out Posted by jhanford in My month in a motorhome | Aug 22, 2010
- Alice to KakaduThe heading says it all. Minimum temp to maximum in 2 days!
Too hot to blog!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/284426/P1020738.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/284426/thumb_P1020738.jpg caption=rock pool at Gagudju Lodge, Cooinda, Kak Posted by blondnomad in Safari around Australia | Aug 21, 2010
- The Scottish ConnectionA bigger contrast from Dubai is harder to imagine than arriving in the lush leafiness of Scotland. Where vacant building lots in the city of Dubai swirl with sand in the wind, Scotland is all grass and water. Posted by HelenWyn in Wyn-Sanderson Adventure | Aug 21, 2010
- How to cross a road in Iranstep 1. Walk.
That's it. At first this was terrifying. You have to suspend all self preservation instincts and reverence for your own life and hand over the respect for your life to the drivers instead (who Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 21, 2010
- 8-7-10 Forget the Pepper, Just Give us our Salt Lake CityWe woke up early in Elko, NV, played round 2 of luggage Tetris, and hit the road headed for Salt Lake City, UT- the Mormon Mecca. The directions were simple: Step 1, go on Interstate 80 East. Posted by Johniffer in Epic Roadtrip | Aug 20, 2010
- Hawaii, dag 11Siste dag på på bryllupsreisen vår var i gang. Flyet gikk ikke før klokken ni på kvelden, så vi hadde tid til å finne på noen siste stunts. Det var imidlertidig en del praktiske ting som måtte ordnes før vi Posted by kmull in Bryllupsreise Silje og Kristian | Aug 20, 2010
- So Far So GoodAnd so, the intrepid quartet - Ben, Sam, Marley and mum - set off in Big Bertha all clean, tidy and ironed to begin the slide into decrepitude. We drove up to a service area par excellence on the M6 Posted by jhanford in My month in a motorhome | Aug 18, 2010