Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- Press the PedalSo here we are again, at the brink of another long trip, over 3 years after the last one finished, I let my blog die and tried to live a conventional life instead. Or the brink of something, certainly. Why? Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Jan 23, 2013
- Why we travel?“I just wanted to get away from it all… Away from the people I was stationed with, away from all the questions, and away from the headlines.”
An article in The Guardian from 2010 could tell that we “broaden our mind Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jan 28, 2013
- Budget Travel Tips - Europe on a Shoestring - EpilogueSo how did we stay on budget, fifty dollars a day, with Finland, Sweden and the bus tour of Morocco as part of our itinerary?
* we couch surfed seven nights: to find out more about Couch Surfing go Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 31, 2013
- Eceabat, Gallipoli, Anzac Cove, Lone Pine, Canakkale, TurkeyWe went on a guided tour of the ANZAC battlefield near the small town of Eceabat, just across the Dardanelles from Canakkale. Eceabat is the closest town to the Gallipoli battlefields from the first World War.
We took Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 27, 2013
- Rila Monastary BulgariaOn October 25 we took a bus from Sofia to Rila Monastary, the largest East Orthodox monastary in Bulgaria. Originally built in the tenth century it was later rebuilt in the fourteenth century and a small part of that Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 19, 2013
- Transylvania, Brasov, Dracula's Castle, Bucharest RomaniaBrasov Romania Oct 18
We took the all night train from Budapest to Brasov commencing our journey at 730 pm. It is a 12 hour trip and we have booked a sleeping car which turns out to be nice and Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 18, 2013
- WARSAW and KRAKOW, POLANDWe took the all night bus from Vilnius to Warsaw. We left in the pouring rain at 1030 pm. Anna, our couch surfing hostess, had emailed that she would meet us at the bus, she Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 16, 2013
- Budapest Hungary ESZTERGOM AND SLOVAKIABudapest Oct 10, 11, 12
Arrived at 1130 AT NIGHT on 9 Oct. on a nice, cheap flight with Ryanair. Highly recommend checking out both Ryanair and Easy Jet for travel within Europe.
October 10 - Gorgeous sunny day.
Took the first Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 16, 2013
- Tallinn Estonia, Riga Latvia, Vilnius Lithuania -The BalticsFrom Helsinki, Finland we are travelling over the Baltic See to Estonis. This will be our introduction to Eastern Europe. From there we will go to the two other "Baltic states" Latvia and Lithuania. The Baltic Region Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 15, 2013
- Stockholm SwedenHej, we are in Sweden.
On the flight between Heathrow and Arlanda I sat next to a guy who appeared to be chewing snuss. OK so snuss or snuss is more popular in Sweden than smoking and over ten percent Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 14, 2013
- Homeward Bound.Having left the beauty of Colorado and the Rocky Mountains behind us we were truly on the last leg of our 'Epic Adventures' as we set down in San Francisco for a 2 night stopover before looping back to LA Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | Dec 30, 2012
- Nazca and ArequipaWe arrived in Nazca, a medium size desert town about an hour inland from the coast, after a three hour bus ride from Paracas. Elijah is doing much better on buses already. When we got off the bus, we Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Dec 7, 2012
- Pastwell, where have i been since i last wrote! The answer... not many places.... :)
still living in Australia, despite my best efforts to move overseas... met a fella, got engaged, travelled to the North West of US, and parts of Posted by dsguasc in Past, Present and Future | Nov 26, 2012
- Madrid SpainOur ryanair flight has been booked for months. Five euro to take a direct bus from Rome Termini to Campiano pronounced champano, from MAD we took a bus and two subways to our hotel. We pass churches Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Nov 24, 2012
- Real Life....So reflecting back on our last entry, we’ve realized living out of one backpack for the three of us is TOUGH! We knew it would be, and we were mentally preparing to struggle and be uncomfortable for quite awhile. But Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Nov 22, 2012
- Rome, Italy and Vatican City on a Budget18 November.
Rome, the eternal city, built on seven hills, located on the Tiber River, the capital of Italy is home to almost three million people and has been in existance since 730 BC.
We are going on the free Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Nov 21, 2012
- Bologna, Florence, San Gimignano, Tuscany, ItalyWe were up early November 13, left Selcuk, Turkey by private car, as planned at 530 and arrived at Izmir airport at 630 am.
Flew Pegasus Air, changed planes in Istanbul and arrived at BLQ in Bologna Italy Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Nov 17, 2012
- Istanbul TurkeyWe arrived in Istanbul at 11 pm by bus from Plovdiv Bulgaria. Metro Line, originates in Sofia. The bus left Plovdiv at 11 am. Nice Turkish bus with tvs and an attendant who passes out water, cakes, Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Oct 31, 2012
- Flying with AirAsia XFlying 8 hours 05 minute with a low-cost airline, AirAsia X return from Kuala Lumpur – Sydney was indeed very tiring. However, with the saving up to RM600, it was a good investment.
Posted by ainaa676 in My Sinful Pleasure | Oct 19, 2012
- Trekking in the High Atlas MountainsI am sitting on the earth-roof terrace of the house of our 2nd Berber hosts, roughly 50K from Taroudant.
The View looks like this
We have spent the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 16, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 6In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. –John Muir
What do you do when you wake up and find that you are almost unable to walk, that there is absolute Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 10, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 3[b]“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigati Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 6, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 2"Keep close to nature's heart....and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." -John Muir
We left Sioux Posted by vicki_h in . | Sep 26, 2012
- TEN dates to fall in love with INDIAWhether you belive in love at first sight or you believe that love grows with time , either way you can't help but to make a decision after you've been to India. Frankly you can never go to India Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Sep 24, 2012
- The Last Best Place - IntroI saw a quote once that said, “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Posted by vicki_h in . | Sep 14, 2012