Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- Chicken Enchiladas in Creamy Spinach SauceWe're spending the week with my Mexican in-laws, and I'm trying to soak up some Mexican culture and flavors while we're here. At home (still in Mexico) I cook mostly pasta and veggies, rice and veggies, meat and veggies, so Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Aug 29, 2015
- Made In ChinaSo this is what is feels like to be a rock star...long hair, jet lag, another hotel room, all thats missing is the fame, fortune and wild parties, unless you count two bottles of Tsing Tao, a pot of jasmine Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Aug 18, 2015
- The last legWe decided a long time ago to spend our last two weeks on the beach. Before we came home, it was time to really unwind. No overnight buses, no dorm rooms and, as good as our time was at [[http://www.newhopecambodia.com/|New Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | Aug 11, 2015
After months in Mexico City I ached for some movement. So when friends in Berlin confirmed my spot working in Fusion, I jumped at the chance.
Here's some of t Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 7, 2015
- Behind the Eurovision CurtainAfter over 5 months on the road in Asia I decided to head back to Europe for a few weeks for three reasons...
1. A friend was having his stag do in Prague, one not to miss
2. I had been planning Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Aug 7, 2015
- A Tough HikeDale, Justin and Lucian were due in by dinner time, no specific time except that they’d be back by evening. In the meantime, I’d promised the other kids to have fun too.
We sat around camp like lumps on a Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 6, 2015
- New Hope CambodiaAs we left Cambodia, we were searching for the reasons why we fell in love with the country. Phnom Penh and Siem Reap are nice cities, but they certainly aren't spectacular in the way that Sydney and Cusco are. The Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | Jul 21, 2015
- Genghis Can't - The John Wayne DiariesI've just spent the last 10 days on the remote Mongolian steppe...talk about going back in time from the previous fortnight in futuristic south Korea. As the title also suggests I've been on a horse too...fair play to good old Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Jul 20, 2015
- Farley Lake Attempt "It's not a backcountry adventure if everything goes right!"
The weekend began much like any other weekend trip to the mountains- with last minute planning. I only decided during the week to head out backpacking so this trip was rather last Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jul 13, 2015
- Anyone for Korean BBQ?After 4 flights in as many days and apologies to any environmentalists out there, but increasing my carbon footprint/bodyprint dramatically I touched down in South Korea.
Before I left though I was in two minds about whether to change destination. The Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Jul 5, 2015
- Allstones Adventures"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." - John Muir
Cadon, Rory, Spencer, Colin and I began our adventure Saturday morning at 6:30am on Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jun 29, 2015
- Kicking back in South East AsiaIf you need to unwind, get yourself to Laos.
We had no expectations at all for the country, focussing our planning instead on the upcoming trips to neighbouring Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. However, with every passing day, every hour even, we Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | Jun 28, 2015
- It's not grim up northWhat a difference a few days make. In Rajasthan and Punjab you could have fried an egg on a street cows back (maybe slightly religiously offensive), whereas in Kashmir I was surrounded by snow capped mountains with the temperature at Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Jun 20, 2015
- Greetings!Hello friends, and welcome to my blog! Here I will be documenting my travels in the upcoming year through pictures, videos and stories. Please feel free to drop a comment on any of the posts, let me know what you Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jun 2, 2015
- Chicken Tikka McSalaIt's here in India...Chicken Tikka Masala, and all those years I thought it was an invention by the McIndia restaurants elsewhere in the world. I didn't try it though for two reasons. Firstly, the waiter at the restaurant I saw Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Jun 2, 2015
- Poms Down UnderWe weren't planning on coming to Sydney. The original idea had been to fly straight from Chile to South East Asia, but from the minute we were introduced to the possibility of a short visit to Australia, we'd been dreaming Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 31, 2015
- 5 Ways to get the most out of Solo Travelling5 WAYS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF SOLO TRAVELLING
Planning a little solo jaunt across the land? If this is your first time planning your virgin solo adventure, I understand completely how excited and nervous you are. I was once Posted by travelhippy in The Social Vagabond | May 23, 2015
- Viva ChileDon't get me wrong, Bolivia was great, but it was also cold. Really cold. As in -5°C, with the wind feeling as though it's tearing your face off.
Imagine our relief, then, as a van took us across the border into Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 19, 2015
- Marmite IndiaThis was my fourth visit to India, a definite Marmite country as discussed with fellow travellers, and much like the spreadable black gold I love this place. There is never a dull moment here, whether its the amazing scenery, great Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | May 18, 2015
- Thrilla in ManilaOnto the Philippines and the apparent must see destination in South East Asia....my decision to travel here was based purely on the volume of ear bashing I'd had from countless people I had met! A country of islands, beaches and Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | May 9, 2015
- From Southam to South AmericaWe'd been planning this trip for over a year and saving for the best part of 12 months. So what's the first thing we did when we arrived in Lima at 6am on a Sunday morning? Yep, that's right - Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 5, 2015
- I want to be a Burmese monk...Why you may ask? Well these guys have got it all....smart phones, motorbikes, free train tickets and a free breakfast every morning courtesy of the locals as part of their morning walk around (unlike in Laos there were no tourists Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 25, 2015
- ParadiseIn high school I remember my mom listening to the song "Just Another Day in Paradise." It didn't matter where you were, as long as you were with the people you loved. It was a sweet song, that made me Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Apr 19, 2015
- 1 Year OutAs of this moment it's become absolutely real that I'm definitely for-certain backpacking Europe in the summer of 2016, just after I graduate college. Perhaps planning it a year ahead of time will make it more possible, and if nothing Posted by tiffanyjc in Europe | Apr 16, 2015
- How many Cambodians can you fit in a minivan? 32 hours, over 400km on what I'll dub the worlds longest unmade road and 4 buses later we rolled into Luang Pra Bang in Laos (somehow, as I'm not sure how the tyres stayed on the bus based on the Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 14, 2015