Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- Bologna, Florence, San Gimignano, Tuscany, ItalyWe were up early November 13, left Selcuk, Turkey by private car, as planned at 530 and arrived at Izmir airport at 630 am.
Flew Pegasus Air, changed planes in Istanbul and arrived at BLQ in Bologna Italy Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Nov 17, 2012
- Istanbul, Turkey, Safranbolu, The Black SeaWe arrived in Istanbul at 11 pm by bus from Plovdiv Bulgaria. Metro Line, originates in Sofia. The bus left Plovdiv at 11 am. Nice Turkish bus with tvs and an attendant who passes out water, cakes, Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Oct 31, 2012
- Flying with AirAsia XFlying 8 hours 05 minute with a low-cost airline, AirAsia X return from Kuala Lumpur – Sydney was indeed very tiring. However, with the saving up to RM600, it was a good investment.
Posted by ainaa676 in My Sinful Pleasure | Oct 19, 2012
- Trekking in the High Atlas MountainsI am sitting on the earth-roof terrace of the house of our 2nd Berber hosts, roughly 50K from Taroudant.
The View looks like this
We have spent the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 16, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 6In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. –John Muir
What do you do when you wake up and find that you are almost unable to walk, that there is absolute Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 10, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 3[b]“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigati Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 6, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 2"Keep close to nature's heart....and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." -John Muir
We left Sioux Posted by vicki_h in . | Sep 26, 2012
- TEN dates to fall in love with INDIAWhether you belive in love at first sight or you believe that love grows with time , either way you can't help but to make a decision after you've been to India. Frankly you can never go to India Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Sep 24, 2012
- The Last Best Place - IntroI saw a quote once that said, “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Posted by vicki_h in . | Sep 14, 2012
- "Polskaaaa-bought-a-chair-for-me"So the day had arrived, match day!
The relaxation of the previous day was over, we were prepped and psyched for the chaos which no doubt awaited us in Gdansk. Everything had been so calm in Leba, ahead of us Posted by LynMoo in Shoes off for the Boys in Green! | Aug 20, 2012
- A Job Well DoneWork-life has changed a bit for me in the last year or so. Before my work day would start whenever I work up, usually around 630-7. I would get up, open the laptop, and maybe have some coffee. Then a Posted by DondeNathan in Living to Live | Aug 15, 2012
- Happy Birthday In the BackcountryDay 5: Happy Birthday Justin
Happy Birthday Justin! 36 years old!!
I started this page at 6:30 a.m. and the only one awake. I’d hung up a happy birthday on crepe paper banner between the tre Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 4, 2012
- It's About the JourneyThere are not many better places to write in this world. I’m sitting on a log with trees around me, a deep blue sky, a lake in the background, no noise except our voices.
One thing I haven’t w Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 2, 2012
- Upward & Onward to Hidden LakeDay 3:
We were leaving our camp with packs full to hike to Hidden Lake. A trail would lead to a cutoff just past the stream, then we’d head off up over the hill with no trail (Donner Party?). We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 31, 2012
- Backpacking in Inyo -Day 2Day 2 of our trip and we are finally going to hike.
We were supposed to be camping by the Cottonwood Creek but now are just there. Justin left the party before us with his boys and met Elias and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 30, 2012
- The beginning of the end.....of our livers.Our Poland adventure really began about 7 months before our flight touched down in Munich in June 2012, and as most great ideas are, it was born in a pub! Ireland were playing the first leg of the European playoffs Posted by LynMoo in Shoes off for the Boys in Green! | Jul 29, 2012
- Made the TrailheadSo we are back and it is hard to think about the real world now. Fortunately I wrote while gone otherwise it would be too difficult to go Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 29, 2012
- Finally On the Way to the Sierra'sWow, we are finally on the road and true to form only 4 hours late!
So we 1st had Elias and Charlotte divide out the food between the 4 of us, setting stuff by the each of our packs. When Justi Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 24, 2012
- Backpacking MenusSo I promised that I’d write a post about menus for our backpacking trip. We’ve had lots of stops and starts and experiments on food and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 23, 2012
- Equipment and Food Decisions for BackpackingToday Dale and I started making a mega list of everything we need to take; underlining those items we still need to buy. We decided to just rent down sleeping bags rather than spend $600+ per bag. We will also Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 21, 2012
- Food and BackpackingHere is a little background on our backpacking experience as I have some relatives who ask for me to write about earlier experiences.
Dale and I first backpacked before we were married. We hiked into the Sierra’s, a 10 hour hike, Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2012
- Planning the Food for the Backpack TripLast night Camilo and Justin came for dinner and to discuss the upcoming hike. I’d started mapping out meals in preparation for our talk. (Just like a mom?)
Camilo thought that he and his boys would just have bologna or peanut Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 17, 2012
- Backpacking With A Knee InjuryThe big concern for this upcoming backpack trip, besides food, is that I’m just coming off a knee injury. It is actually an old ski injury that flared up when I increased my incline on the tread mill, one of Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 16, 2012
- Preparing for BackpackingWe did just get home from camping, haven’t done anything about repairing the RV floor and yet here we are planning a backpack trip. We will leave next week.
Here are a few of the details: we will hike to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 15, 2012
- Life in a BagPacking for 5 months backpacking around SE Asia is proving quite difficult. I leave two weeks today, and this is the first travelling of this sort that I will have done. Fitting it all into my 50 litre bag isn’t Posted by wanderhopper in Wander Hopping | Jul 5, 2012