Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- Backpacking MenusSo I promised that I’d write a post about menus for our backpacking trip. We’ve had lots of stops and starts and experiments on food and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 23, 2012
- Equipment and Food Decisions for BackpackingToday Dale and I started making a mega list of everything we need to take; underlining those items we still need to buy. We decided to just rent down sleeping bags rather than spend $600+ per bag. We will also Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 21, 2012
- Food and BackpackingHere is a little background on our backpacking experience as I have some relatives who ask for me to write about earlier experiences.
Dale and I first backpacked before we were married. We hiked into the Sierra’s, a 10 hour hike, Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2012
- Planning the Food for the Backpack TripLast night Camilo and Justin came for dinner and to discuss the upcoming hike. I’d started mapping out meals in preparation for our talk. (Just like a mom?)
Camilo thought that he and his boys would just have bologna or peanut Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 17, 2012
- Backpacking With A Knee InjuryThe big concern for this upcoming backpack trip, besides food, is that I’m just coming off a knee injury. It is actually an old ski injury that flared up when I increased my incline on the tread mill, one of Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 16, 2012
- Preparing for BackpackingWe did just get home from camping, haven’t done anything about repairing the RV floor and yet here we are planning a backpack trip. We will leave next week.
Here are a few of the details: we will hike to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 15, 2012
- Life in a BagPacking for 5 months backpacking around SE Asia is proving quite difficult. I leave two weeks today, and this is the first travelling of this sort that I will have done. Fitting it all into my 50 litre bag isn’t Posted by wanderhopper in Wander Hopping | Jul 5, 2012
- On Isle RoyaleJune 20th, 2012
Thunder Shack #2
Moskey Basin, Isle Royale, Michigan
The rain continues to fall unabated as it has for the last two days. I am sitting in my lean-to, a three-sided wood struct Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jun 27, 2012
- Thun with Miube :)The next day...Mischu and Bettina called their friend Chris, to bring us on a "Introductory" hike as it was my first day...
Unfortunately, their super fit friend remembered the total time to be alot faster as he went down with the Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jun 17, 2012
- At Sixes & SevensIt was the onset of the monsoon. The winter chill was still vibrant and the rays of the sun were mild. The slight drizzle and the mist never let the winter bid adieu. Boon took one thorough look at the Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Jun 4, 2012
- Thanksgiving in ColoradoNow we couldnt possibly have come to the States without visiting our excellent friends the Breezys who we had spent months travelling in tandem with through Asia! We had agreed months previous in some back alley Asian bar that we Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | May 25, 2012
- America......"F*ck Yeah!"It was a nervous and shaky flight in the QANTAS 'tin bucket with wings' from Nadi to LA, but we touched down safely in LAX with only the slightest of soiled undergarments!
This was it, the last chapter of our journey. Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | May 11, 2012
- Hanoi to Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang PrabangHanoi to Vientiane Laos
When we left Vietnam we were inspected by about 20 vietname Posted by Chris Sig in Indochina Walkabout | Apr 26, 2012
- DEAD IF YOU’RE SCAREDOn that full moon night, when I was in Sandakphu, things were not the way usually it is.
We had a whole log hut to ourselves. Well almost, if the two men from Veitnam had not occupied the fourth Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Apr 9, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsMy limbs could take it no more. Because I could not stay out in some God forsaken road the whole night without food, I knew I had to walk to the lodge come what may! I asked both Dipanjali & Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 18, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsWe woke up much before sunrise. Walking this far and not getting to see the sunrise would be such a waste and a foolish thing to do. The temperature in the altimeter showed – 5.7 deg celcius! Holy Cow!
As Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 18, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsKaalpokhri is more like a transit camp. With limited facilities. Trekkers usually stop by this place for their food. The rooms and the bathrooms were basic. Nothing much to say and it was expected.
Dipanjali was the first one to Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 17, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsSo right after a heavy breakfast consisting of Tibetan breads and mashed potatoes with eggs, well I hated to fill up myself so early in the morning but didn’t have much of a choice; we would finally walk Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 17, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsNirav (the guy I’ve been married to for a decade now) is a gadget geek. Name a gadget and he has it. Two months ago the boys had trekked this place with Amar and the same Sherpa. Nirav had carried Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 17, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsI was too occupied watching my steps and not fancying being pushed around. NJP is a busy junction. My concentration was however broken when I heard Amar introducing me as “Ma’am” to someone. As I looked up I saw Tshering, Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 16, 2012
- Hortoilua 2009 - 2010, alku.===Tiistaina 28. huhtikuuta 2009===
==Uutisia / News==
Hmmm.... mitäs jos...
Pitäskö? ...miksi ei?
Irti sorron rautaisesta otteesta.
Lentoliput taskussa: 7 lentoa 1700 euroa. Halpaa kuin saippua.
9 Posted by Hapa in Hapa`s travels | Mar 16, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsAdventure really did not begin at the crack of dawn. I was unsure. This would be the first time in four years I’d be on my own, taking days off; leaving my daughter home, off course under the responsible Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 16, 2012
- Traveling vs. VacationingTraveling and being on vacation are two very different but confusingly similar things. Both are characterized by physical displacement from home and consistent use of varied forms of public transportation, usually across long distances. Both traveler an Posted by AmyERichards in A Longwinded Journey South | Mar 11, 2012
- One night in a brothel - Sao Paulo
... It was a blisful lovely evening when my plane from Peru-Lima landed at Sao Paulo airport. I had assumed that all will workout as the rest of my South American backpacking tri Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Feb 26, 2012
- New Delhi, India
Arrived in Delhi at 5am local time, and within 10 minutes of collecting our bags we had the first episode of locals find Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Feb 18, 2012