Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- Packing For My RTW Trip. The main advantage of carrying everything in my backpack is the ability to run away from ligers, cougars, and scary people. Knowing that I would put myself in a dangerous situation during my trip, I bought an [[http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/product/backpa Posted by Night Buggie in Born To Backpack | Jan 12, 2012
- Licked by a cow in Varanasi- INDIA
........... I woke up in the early hours of the morning to join the pilgrims in Varanasi as they made their way to the river Gangis. As I step outside the air is crisp and fresh, its still Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Dec 27, 2011
- South Africans visa requirements for South America
...You are hangingout with your travel buddies from : The land -down and under; your girlfriend/boyfriend from across the pond & some of your budies from Europe . The topic on the agenda Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Dec 26, 2011
- My Solo RTW TripFamily, friends, countrymen, lend me your ears; I write here to tell you that I shall be backpacking across the globe. Even though I believe that time is a social construct, I think life is too short to achieve many Posted by Night Buggie in Born To Backpack | Dec 21, 2011
- The Grand FinaleWe were more than ready to move on from Memphis, Tennessee, after an extended stay due to the Thanksgiving holidays. On 26th November we checked out of our motel and took a 10-hour overnight Greyhound bus to the Windy City Posted by JoyRyderRTW in Round The World With Kayleigh & Phil | Dec 15, 2011
- Closer to Earth, Closer to GoddessA spontaneous decision from an old dream brought me to Nepal, finally.
A small landlocked country, 800km long and 200km wide, Posted by shinenyc in Tumbleweed | Dec 5, 2011
- Greek Adventures-- AthensI travelled to Greece with one of my friends from Holland. We started out flying into Athens from Amsterdam. It was a pretty easy flight. We went up, got drinks, got food, got more drinks, then landed. We took the Posted by Michele530 in The Netherlands! | Nov 23, 2011
- Traveling to BelgiumSo I'm trying to plan a trip to Belgium next summer to attend Tomorrowland 2012. The only problem is that I've never traveled out of the country and I'm from the states. I would like to see of anyone else Posted by Vsierra87 in Trip to Belgium | Nov 16, 2011
- Barcelona, SpainSpain is simply amazing. Not only is it a cool, laid back city, but I also met some amazing people.
My first morning in the city I did a free tour of all the Gaudi sites in the city.
[img=http:// Posted by Michele530 in The Netherlands! | Nov 15, 2011
- A Trek Into the Guadalupe Mountains Wilderness
The rugged Guadalupe Mountains of west Texas are located about one hundred miles northeast of El Paso, and sixty miles south of Carlsbad, New Mexico. They are pretty much smack in the Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 14, 2011
- NaplesSo, as I was planning my backpacking trip I asked people about different cities around Europe that they had been to. One of the cities that was highly debated was Naples. People either LOVED it, or they absolutely HATED it. Posted by Michele530 in The Netherlands! | Oct 31, 2011
- Poland and SlovakiaAs I said in my previous post I finally arrived in Warsaw after an excruciatingly long day of train rides. After I submitted that blog it was nearly 11 pm. Then quickly showered and headed to bed. Normaally when I Posted by Michele530 in The Netherlands! | Oct 10, 2011
- A Hostel EnvironmentUntil last month it had been a while since my last hostel experience and I had found myself sitting in a bunk bed reliving the experience.
Now hostelling isn’t for everyone.
Avoid them if you rate highly cleanliness, personal space, beds without Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Oct 4, 2011
- Edinburgh, ScotlandI made it to Scotland! The flight was a simple hour and 20 minutes. I got to the airport on time, I hung out with one of my friends who happened to be flying out the same time to go Posted by Michele530 in The Netherlands! | Oct 2, 2011
- My great adventure!So, it's finally here! My two months of wandering- the trip of a lifetime!
Here's the line up:
Scotland- Edinburgh and Inverness
Czech Republic- Prague
Italy- Rome, Napl Posted by Michele530 in The Netherlands! | Oct 2, 2011
- Pot, pot, pot, Potipot!The original plan was to go to Anawangin until Sweet mentioned that Kat and her friends are going to Potipot Island in Zambales. Tutay and I asked if we can tag along, Kat said yes so we decided to cancel Posted by gela13 in BachelorGirl | Aug 14, 2011
- Cleanliness is Next to Slovenliness?When you travel your general appearance seems to takes a down turn, or should I say, when I travel it takes a down turn because I think it is maybe not the case if you are spending a week in Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Sep 13, 2011
- A night to remember in Nazareth ==Attending== Catholic mas presented in Italian while in Nazareth was a shock to me. A few logistics made this ordeal shocking, firstly: I am not catholic and secondly: I do not speak a word of Italian. Apparently life Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Sep 4, 2011
- Nha Trang to Hoi AnHi Guys
Hoi An is an unexpected s Posted by Chris Sig in Indochina Walkabout | Aug 13, 2011
- July 11, 2011
We have been having a great time back at Blue Beach Bungalows at Bussana, a small town on the outskirts of San Remo. I am so glad we took time off between camps to rest, recuperate, and have Posted by Lizzy001 in Adventures of Lizzy & Ray | Jul 11, 2011
- July 2, 2011
Today we leave back to San Remo after two very busy weeks. Working with Italian children took every last bit of patience I had. I've never seen such badly behaved children. Of course, it could have been the Posted by Lizzy001 in Adventures of Lizzy & Ray | Jul 2, 2011
- Travel MedsFirst off we have to say that what we got prescribed may not be the right meds for other people, this blog entry is strictly our own experience and we are not suggesting our prescriptions to you.
We did quite a Posted by caitgan in First Steps | Jul 6, 2011
- Budgets Welcome back to our avid readers! You're in for a treat today, we're about to address the issue of loooow budget travelling.
Since we are a group of student loan paying, class taking, entry level job working kids we really Posted by caitgan in First Steps | Jul 4, 2011
- First Steps starts a Blog
We are planners. What better way to channel that planning energy than to start a travel blog!
So that's what we've done. Until we leave for our trip, 64 days from now (but who's Posted by caitgan in First Steps | Jun 27, 2011
- June 23, 2011 Last night, I went with my host family's dad to listen to him sing Italian cover songs with two of his childhood friends. They performed at the second home of Charlie, the more extraverted of the three. To Posted by Lizzy001 in Adventures of Lizzy & Ray | Jun 23, 2011