Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- goodbyes I have been so overwhelmed and blown away by the last couple of days. Its been a crazy and bittersweet mix of so many surprises, learning that I'll never close my eyes in a car again, discovering luna park's Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Oct 19, 2013
- the beginningT minus 13 sleeps and it still doesn't feel real. This time in two weeks, I'll be in Bhutan, nursing it up and looking towards the next 12 or so months of backpacking through s-e asia, the Indian subcontinent Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Oct 13, 2013
- San Jose, Costa Rica Airport to HotelOriginally this was a trip where my husband and I were going to take our 15-year-old niece to Costa Rica to celebrate her “sweet 15.” But since we haven’t learned to organize flying together, we only bought two tickets and Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Aug 19, 2013
- Backpacking Belize and Guatemala: 2013[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhs1w1n1UE|Belize and Guatemala Backpacking Video]]
This was not only my first trip to Central America but my first backpacking trip. This trip was a huge breakthrough in my vision of travel as I have spend the past Posted by JerseyBoy88 in A. Perez Voyages | Aug 7, 2013
- About LagawanHi guys!
You can just call me Lagawan (Hiligaynon word for "wanderer"). The name speaks for itself.
Honestly, I hate writing. I'd rather speak and tell my stories to my friends everytime I'm back from a trip. I'm pretty Posted by LagawanDiaries in Lagawan Diaries | Jun 19, 2013
- Press the PedalSo here we are again, at the brink of another long trip, over 3 years after the last one finished, I let my blog die and tried to live a conventional life instead. Or the brink of something, certainly. Why? Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Jan 23, 2013
- Why we travel?“I just wanted to get away from it all… Away from the people I was stationed with, away from all the questions, and away from the headlines.”
An article in The Guardian from 2010 could tell that we “broaden our mind Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jan 28, 2013
- Budget Travel Tips - Europe on a Shoestring - EpilogueSo how did we stay on budget, fifty dollars a day, with the arguably well known expensive stops in Finland and Sweden as well as a guided bus tour of Morocco on the itinerary?
* we couch surfed Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 31, 2013
- Eceabat, Gallipoli, Anzac Cove, Lone Pine, Canakkale, TurkeyWe went on a guided tour of the ANZAC battlefield near the small town of Eceabat, just across the Dardanelles from Canakkale. Eceabat is the closest town to the Gallipoli combat zone.
We took the thirty minute ferry Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 27, 2013
- Rila Monastary BulgariaOn October 25 we took a bus from Sofia to Rila Monastery, the largest East Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria. We bounced along, through the mountains in the mist, stopping in villages where ladies in housecoats passed money through the Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 19, 2013
- Transylvania, Brasov, Dracula's Castle, Bucharest, RomaniaBrasov Romania Oct 18
We took the all night train from Budapest to Brasov commencing our journey at 730 pm. It is a 12 hour trip and we have booked a sleeping car which turns out to be compact and Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 18, 2013
- WARSAW and KRAKOW, POLANDWe took the all night bus from Vilnius to Warsaw. We left in the pouring rain at 1030 pm. Anna, our couch surfing hostess, had emailed that she would meet us at the bus, she Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 16, 2013
- Budapest Hungary ESZTERGOM AND SLOVAKIABudapest Oct 10, 11, 12
Arrived at 1130 AT NIGHT on 9 Oct. on a nice, cheap flight with Ryanair. Highly recommend checking out both Ryanair and Easy Jet for travel within Europe.
October 10 - Gorgeous sunny day.
Took the first Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 16, 2013
- Tallinn Estonia, Riga Latvia, Vilnius Lithuania -The BalticsFrom Helsinki, Finland we are travelling over the Baltic Sea to Estonia. This will be our introduction to Eastern Europe. From there we will go to the two other "Baltic states" Latvia and Lithuania. Grouped geographically Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 15, 2013
- Stockholm SwedenHej, we are in Sweden.
On the flight between Heathrow and Arlanda I sat next to a guy who appeared to be chewing snus. Snus (pronounced snoose) is more popular in Sweden than smoking and over ten percent Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 14, 2013
- Homeward Bound.Having left the beauty of Colorado and the Rocky Mountains behind us we were truly on the last leg of our 'Epic Adventures' as we set down in San Francisco for a 2 night stopover before looping back to LA Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | Dec 30, 2012
- Nazca and ArequipaWe arrived in Nazca, a medium size desert town about an hour inland from the coast, after a three hour bus ride from Paracas. Elijah is doing much better on buses already. When we got off the bus, we Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Dec 7, 2012
- Pastwell, where have i been since i last wrote! The answer... not many places.... :)
still living in Australia, despite my best efforts to move overseas... met a fella, got engaged, travelled to the North West of US, and parts of Posted by dsguasc in Past, Present and Future | Nov 26, 2012
- Madrid SpainWe flew from Rome to Madrid. Our ryanair flight has been booked for months. Five euro to take a direct bus from Rome Termini to Campiano pronounced champano, from MAD we took a bus and two subways Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Nov 24, 2012
- Real Life....So reflecting back on our last entry, we’ve realized living out of one backpack for the three of us is TOUGH! We knew it would be, and we were mentally preparing to struggle and be uncomfortable for quite awhile. But Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Nov 22, 2012
- Rome, Italy and Vatican City on a Budget18 November.
Rome, the eternal city, built on seven hills, located on the Tiber River, the capital of Italy is home to almost three million people and has been in existance since 730 BC.
We are going on the free Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Nov 21, 2012
- Bologna, Florence, San Gimignano, Tuscany, ItalyWe were up early November 13, left Selcuk, Turkey by private car, as planned at 530 and arrived at Izmir airport at 630 am.
Flew Pegasus Air, changed planes in Istanbul and arrived at BLQ in Bologna Italy Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Nov 17, 2012
- Istanbul, Turkey, Safranbolu, The Black SeaWe arrived in Istanbul at 11 pm by bus from Plovdiv Bulgaria. Metro Line, originates in Sofia. The bus left Plovdiv at 11 am. Nice Turkish bus with tvs and an attendant who passes out water, cakes, Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Oct 31, 2012
- Flying with AirAsia XFlying 8 hours 05 minute with a low-cost airline, AirAsia X return from Kuala Lumpur – Sydney was indeed very tiring. However, with the saving up to RM600, it was a good investment.
Posted by ainaa676 in My Sinful Pleasure | Oct 19, 2012
- Trekking in the High Atlas MountainsI am sitting on the earth-roof terrace of the house of our 2nd Berber hosts, roughly 50K from Taroudant.
The View looks like this
We have spent the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 16, 2012