Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- Fiji heaven to New Zeland, birdlessHel n i arrived in Nadi, got straight to the ferry people to buy a transfer to Nacula idland, only a 5hrs ferry away! Luckily for us i was sunny so we got a tan top up on the way Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Mar 27, 2011
- The Great Ocean Road.It must certainly ring a bell when you hear someone mention "The Great Ocean Road". If it doesn't.. What if I mention the Twelve Apostles? Does that sound familiar? Well, as we’ve experienced last week, pretty much the whole world Posted by tinelhoest in Sustainable Travel | Mar 24, 2011
- A good $3 dollar wine bar n an Irish pint(Quick note - ill add photos later!)
We are staying at an Irish pub called Pint on the Punt where we have got 7 nights. The place has a friendly atmosphere despite being a bit tatty. Our room mates are nice Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Mar 20, 2011
- Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!Sunday - we got a taxi into town to our next hostel (Wake up!) to save us from the effort of dragging all our stuff across the city (I know, I know, that’s what backpacking is about...but I’ve done it Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Mar 20, 2011
- ThailandAfter a fantastic time in Cambodia we headed to south of Thailand to enjoy some relaxation and sunshine before we head back to reality - England. Before booking the bus south me made a quick call to Quantas we delay Posted by robandem in No work for 6 months! | Mar 20, 2011
- EGYPT 2011 Posted by sue deegan in Egypt revolution | Mar 15, 2011
- Staying at the KGHWritten: February 13, 2009
On a cool evening night, I walked out of the Kathmandu Guest House (KGH) into the narrow streets. The Kathmandu Guest House is a central landmark Posted by NomadicOne in Thoughts of a Nomadic One | Mar 14, 2011
- Bangkok, Angkor and KL. BangKLor :)Around 11am I arrived in Bangkok and by now, I know my way here. I got the bus to Khao San Road and walked to Rambuttri street. This time I wanted a change and I walked not trough the tourist Posted by Aussierala in Explore the world | Mar 4, 2011
- QuitoFinally, I managed to find some time to complete the last posts on our Ecuador journey. Indeed, we meanwhile already started our next trip to Morocco;-).
Quito became already a bit familiar after our fourth time short visit. Posted by alec.puype in Ecuador & The Galapagos | Mar 2, 2011
- Cuenca, Ingapirca & CajasLazy as we were (and to gain some time), we took the morning flight from Quito to Cuenca. A short taxi ride to our hostel and then we can start exploring Cuenca.
Cuenca is churces and plazas p Posted by alec.puype in Ecuador & The Galapagos | Feb 27, 2011
- Bondi, the Blue Mountains and the RSLBondi beach, Sydney - Hel and I arrived off the greyhound and as we were going over the harbour bridge we became incredibly excited to finally be here, Sydney! Our first big city in Oz, my first big city since Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Feb 5, 2011
- Jan 2011: Senegal & GuineaGUINEE FACTS
Guinee is considered to be one of the poorest countries in the world with a BBP/Capita of US$ 350 (2005). Most people live from the land and have their small business selling tea/drinks/food. The almost 10 mln people are Posted by Marie-Jose in Marie-Jose going abroad | Feb 4, 2011
- The Rules of Packing your Backpack.Stop packing right now! Get rid of all that crap in your backpack , please.. yes, I’m talking to you. Toss everything out and let’s start over together. No more dilemmas and almost panic attacks. I’m here to help..
First Posted by tinelhoest in Sustainable Travel | Feb 1, 2011
- The East Coast to Sydney...Lennox Head, 20 mins bus ride from Byron Bay - we venture far! A nice place to visit for a few days but Hel n I only stayed a night at the YHA which had a relaxed atmosphere and was Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Jan 30, 2011
- Day 19: VientianeWell my nearly 3 week journey through the Jewel of the Mekong has come to an abrupt end. After 18 days of wandering through beautiful countryside, towns and adventure trips it all culminated in one interesting bus ride back to Posted by Teamworkz in Miranda's Trip Through Laos | Jan 29, 2011
- Airlie, the Whitsundays and AgnesI arrived at midnight n checked into Nomads hostel, I got a 4 bed dorm to myself so got a good nights sleep. The next morning I checked out,
left my luggage in storage, bought supplies and headed down Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Jan 17, 2011
- ISRAEL Israel, what a stunning complicated country.The one thing you mainly notice about Israel is its landscape. It is a country made out of hills and valleys. This was my last trip to the middle east and what a Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Jan 24, 2011
- Gold Coast, Byron Bay and NYEWe got the greyhound to surfers paradise and spent all of ten minutes there. Marty and family came to pick us up in their people carrier (good job cos we'd got our rucksacks etc) and took us back to their Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Jan 19, 2011
- Noosa -Xmas, Mooloolaba and RAIN!After Hervey we headed down to Noosa for xmas. We had booked 4 nights here in the YHA, staying in a 6 girl dorm. The hostel had a main building where reception, cafe, bar n lounge area were with some Posted by RosiePony in Rosie Pony Adventures | Jan 19, 2011
- The Return to PokharaWritten: February 8th, 2009
Riding back into lakeside Pokhara and seeing Fewa Tal lake and the Annapurnas felt like returning home. While many people only spend 1-2 days in Posted by NomadicOne in Thoughts of a Nomadic One | Jan 17, 2011
- A Few Days in AmsterdamWell, after 8 months of travel we are on our last stop before home.
We decided to meet our friends from home who are just starting their European adventures. What better place to catch up than Amsterdam!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/176655/10 Posted by Kristy_pj in Here and There | Aug 20, 2009
- The saga of Regina and Cory and the night trainfirst, to set the scene:
characters - Regina and Cory
goal - 12:47am train from Rome (where we celebrated NYE with our friend Adam) to Milan
scene - all over the city of Rome, Italy (background: old stuff)
we left Adam at Host Posted by ctamler in Wenn schon, denn schon | Jan 9, 2011
- Før avreise[quote]
The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where Posted by lenebli in The Road goes ever on and on... | Jan 6, 2011
- Las VegasAnd so we reached Las Vegas, the final stop on my tour and whole trip. In our group, Anne and I were both finishing in Las Vegas while the rest of the group continued, to finish back in San Francisco. Posted by BensWorld in Ben's World Tour | Jan 5, 2011
- Bryce Canyon & Zion National ParkOur non-stop tour continued with visits to Dead Horse Point and Capitol Reef National Park, shown below. At Dead Horse Point we saw a huge film crew, probably about 200 people but unfortunately we could not find out what film Posted by BensWorld in Ben's World Tour | Jan 3, 2011