Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- The Last Best Place - IntroI saw a quote once that said, “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Posted by vicki_h in . | Sep 14, 2012
- "Polskaaaa-bought-a-chair-for-me"So the day had arrived, match day!
The relaxation of the previous day was over, we were prepped and psyched for the chaos which no doubt awaited us in Gdansk. Everything had been so calm in Leba, ahead of us Posted by LynMoo in Shoes off for the Boys in Green! | Aug 20, 2012
- A Job Well DoneWork-life has changed a bit for me in the last year or so. Before my work day would start whenever I work up, usually around 630-7. I would get up, open the laptop, and maybe have some coffee. Then a Posted by DondeNathan in Living to Live | Aug 15, 2012
- Happy Birthday In the BackcountryDay 5: Happy Birthday Justin
Happy Birthday Justin! 36 years old!!
I started this page at 6:30 a.m. and the only one awake. I’d hung up a happy birthday on crepe paper banner between the tre Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 4, 2012
- It's About the JourneyThere are not many better places to write in this world. I’m sitting on a log with trees around me, a deep blue sky, a lake in the background, no noise except our voices.
One thing I haven’t w Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 2, 2012
- Upward & Onward to Hidden LakeDay 3:
We were leaving our camp with packs full to hike to Hidden Lake. A trail would lead to a cutoff just past the stream, then we’d head off up over the hill with no trail (Donner Party?). We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 31, 2012
- Backpacking in Inyo -Day 2Day 2 of our trip and we are finally going to hike.
We were supposed to be camping by the Cottonwood Creek but now are just there. Justin left the party before us with his boys and met Elias and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 30, 2012
- The beginning of the end.....of our livers.Our Poland adventure really began about 7 months before our flight touched down in Munich in June 2012, and as most great ideas are, it was born in a pub! Ireland were playing the first leg of the European playoffs Posted by LynMoo in Shoes off for the Boys in Green! | Jul 29, 2012
- Made the TrailheadSo we are back and it is hard to think about the real world now. Fortunately I wrote while gone otherwise it would be too difficult to go Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 29, 2012
- Finally On the Way to the Sierra'sWow, we are finally on the road and true to form only 4 hours late!
So we 1st had Elias and Charlotte divide out the food between the 4 of us, setting stuff by the each of our packs. When Justi Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 24, 2012
- Backpacking MenusSo I promised that I’d write a post about menus for our backpacking trip. We’ve had lots of stops and starts and experiments on food and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 23, 2012
- Equipment and Food Decisions for BackpackingToday Dale and I started making a mega list of everything we need to take; underlining those items we still need to buy. We decided to just rent down sleeping bags rather than spend $600+ per bag. We will also Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 21, 2012
- Food and BackpackingHere is a little background on our backpacking experience as I have some relatives who ask for me to write about earlier experiences.
Dale and I first backpacked before we were married. We hiked into the Sierra’s, a 10 hour hike, Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2012
- Planning the Food for the Backpack TripLast night Camilo and Justin came for dinner and to discuss the upcoming hike. I’d started mapping out meals in preparation for our talk. (Just like a mom?)
Camilo thought that he and his boys would just have bologna or peanut Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 17, 2012
- Backpacking With A Knee InjuryThe big concern for this upcoming backpack trip, besides food, is that I’m just coming off a knee injury. It is actually an old ski injury that flared up when I increased my incline on the tread mill, one of Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 16, 2012
- Preparing for BackpackingWe did just get home from camping, haven’t done anything about repairing the RV floor and yet here we are planning a backpack trip. We will leave next week.
Here are a few of the details: we will hike to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 15, 2012
- Life in a BagPacking for 5 months backpacking around SE Asia is proving quite difficult. I leave two weeks today, and this is the first travelling of this sort that I will have done. Fitting it all into my 50 litre bag isn’t Posted by wanderhopper in Wander Hopping | Jul 5, 2012
- On Isle RoyaleJune 20th, 2012
Thunder Shack #2
Moskey Basin, Isle Royale, Michigan
The rain continues to fall unabated as it has for the last two days. I am sitting in my lean-to, a three-sided wood struct Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jun 27, 2012
- Thun with Miube :)The next day...Mischu and Bettina called their friend Chris, to bring us on a "Introductory" hike as it was my first day...
Unfortunately, their super fit friend remembered the total time to be alot faster as he went down with the Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jun 17, 2012
- At Sixes & SevensIt was the onset of the monsoon. The winter chill was still vibrant and the rays of the sun were mild. The slight drizzle and the mist never let the winter bid adieu. Boon took one thorough look at the Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Jun 4, 2012
- Thanksgiving in ColoradoNow we couldnt possibly have come to the States without visiting our excellent friends the Breezys who we had spent months travelling in tandem with through Asia! We had agreed months previous in some back alley Asian bar that we Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | May 25, 2012
- America......"F*ck Yeah!"It was a nervous and shaky flight in the QANTAS 'tin bucket with wings' from Nadi to LA, but we touched down safely in LAX with only the slightest of soiled undergarments!
This was it, the last chapter of our journey. Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | May 11, 2012
- Hanoi to Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang PrabangHanoi to Vientiane Laos
When we left Vietnam we were inspected by about 20 vietname Posted by Chris Sig in Indochina Walkabout | Apr 26, 2012
- DEAD IF YOU’RE SCAREDOn that full moon night, when I was in Sandakphu, things were not the way usually it is.
We had a whole log hut to ourselves. Well almost, if the two men from Veitnam had not occupied the fourth Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Apr 9, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsMy limbs could take it no more. Because I could not stay out in some God forsaken road the whole night without food, I knew I had to walk to the lodge come what may! I asked both Dipanjali & Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 18, 2012