Blog Entries tagged 'backpacking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'backpacking'
- Viva ChileDon't get me wrong, Bolivia was great, but it was also cold. Really cold. As in -5°C, with the wind feeling as though it's tearing your face off.
Imagine our relief, then, as a van took us across the border into Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 19, 2015
- Marmite IndiaThis was my fourth visit to India, a definite Marmite country as discussed with fellow travellers, and much like the spreadable black gold I love this place. There is never a dull moment here, whether its the amazing scenery, great Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | May 18, 2015
- Thrilla in ManilaOnto the Philippines and the apparent must see destination in South East Asia....my decision to travel here was based purely on the volume of ear bashing I'd had from countless people I had met! A country of islands, beaches and Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | May 9, 2015
- From Southam to South AmericaWe'd been planning this trip for over a year and saving for the best part of 12 months. So what's the first thing we did when we arrived in Lima at 6am on a Sunday morning? Yep, that's right - Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 5, 2015
- I want to be a Burmese monk...Why you may ask? Well these guys have got it all....smart phones, motorbikes, free train tickets and a free breakfast every morning courtesy of the locals as part of their morning walk around (unlike in Laos there were no tourists Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 25, 2015
- ParadiseIn high school I remember my mom listening to the song "Just Another Day in Paradise." It didn't matter where you were, as long as you were with the people you loved. It was a sweet song, that made me Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Apr 19, 2015
- 1 Year OutAs of this moment it's become absolutely real that I'm definitely for-certain backpacking Europe in the summer of 2016, just after I graduate college. Perhaps planning it a year ahead of time will make it more possible, and if nothing Posted by tiffanyjc in Europe | Apr 16, 2015
- How many Cambodians can you fit in a minivan? 32 hours, over 400km on what I'll dub the worlds longest unmade road and 4 buses later we rolled into Luang Pra Bang in Laos (somehow, as I'm not sure how the tyres stayed on the bus based on the Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 14, 2015
- The Goa Chronicles[img=http://photos.trav Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Apr 13, 2015
- My first big holiday!
Goa – this tiny little state on the western coast of India is perhaps the most sought after holiday destination worldwide.
I have stopped counting now the number of times I have been there. Holidays for me always end up being Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Apr 13, 2015
- My first big holiday!Goa – this tiny little state on the western coast of India is perhaps the most sought after holiday destination worldwide.
I have stopped counting now the number of times I have been there. Holidays for me always end up being Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Apr 13, 2015
- Destination HanoiWe've made it! By various means of transport (only one for James who nursed his bike home on yet another slow puncture), 26 days later....Hanoi! The capital of Vietnam and another shrine to crazy traffic and the hoards of motorbikes Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 4, 2015
- Blood, Sweat and InnertubesI've been hit...not by Jeremy Clarkson (as far as I'm aware) but by two things. The first an evil keneivel-esque scooter driver, more on that one later and the second by the realisation that for a cycling novice, covering the Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Mar 25, 2015
- Day 0 - PackingSo.... I’m going to China. Backpacking.
Ok, it might not be the real backpacking thing but looking at me and looking at the fact that I’m a 40 year old bat who has never been away from home longer than 16 Posted by Bakaloko in China | Mar 24, 2015
- Good Morning VietnamFirst up apologies for the lack of photos....the internet where I am is just too slow. There will be some next time when I return to civilisation....
We're here! Having made the short flight over from Kuala Lumpur, James and I Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Mar 11, 2015
- Thirsty MonkeyOnto the next stop, a new country -Malaysia, a new city - Kuala Lumpur, a new host and a home straight out of grand designs.....and not the kind of one that is still a pile of breeze blocks, architect drawings Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Feb 12, 2015
- Backpacking in Budapest, Hungary[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fovLQ5X9nM|Backpacking in Budapest: First time to Europe]] Posted by JerseyBoy88 in A. Perez Voyages | Dec 5, 2014
- pre-trip planningWhen I was in primary school I decided I wanted to be a journalist when I grew up, because I loved writing. One day I asked my parents how much it costs to go to university to study journalism. My Posted by elizavdl in UK/Europe 2014 | Oct 16, 2014
- And So The Garden Lives On…Without Us[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
We knew back in April that, at some point, we’d be leaving the hard work ahead of us behind us, and so it has Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Oct 3, 2014
- Solomente Insanity, tenacity, a fiery desire for something more. A fervent passion for discovery and dissidence. For everyone these feelings differ in origin, yet they pull us all into the unknown. They propel us and our desire to leave comfort in Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 27, 2014
- Cairns - Oz East Coast Adventure[center]
After a very long journey from Bali via Melbourne (due to our last minute decision to travel the east coast) we were exhausted as we touched down in Cairns! The view of the reef soon woke us up as our Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Sep 13, 2014
- Hasta luego Seattle, I love you!It is hard to put into words how fortunate I am. I am so full of love for my family, friends and the emerald city I have called home most of my life. It is with this beautiful foundation I Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 3, 2014
- Change in plansHi everybody!
It has been forever since I last wrote you guys! Sorry about that. I had exams and then I usually I disappear from the face of the earth! Haha!
Okay! So now that my exams are over, I can really Posted by hannah.rothe.7 in TRIP TO ITALY | Aug 29, 2014
- PeruLess than 48 hours after exams ended, two friends and I boarded a plane from Milan to Cusco, Peru. After a long journey of 37 hours (including a 7 hour layover in Miami Airport) we finally arrived in the old Posted by tvons in Third Culture Kid | Aug 23, 2014
- Later! Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 20, 2014