Blog Entries tagged 'bangkok'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'bangkok'
- Late arrival in Kuala LumpurAfter nearly a month in Myanmar, we'd reached our final hours. Our flight and shuttle were late enough that we could have a nice breakfast at the hostel and relax for a bit. On the menu this morning were eggs, Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Oct 14, 2016
- Bangkok reloadedIl mercato di Chatuchak si sveglia presto, rianimando Bangkok lentamente. Al mio arrivo, le bancarelle sono ancora semi vuote e le strade pressoché deserte. Chatuchak è famoso perché qui si vende di tutto. Diviso ordinatamente per settori, con prezzi vari Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Aug 16, 2016
- Bangkok It's been ages since I wrote a blog post. I've had various blogs in the past on other platforms but they all died down. A lack of time, the rise of social media, and perhaps the fact that there wasn't Posted by darrenzw in Darren's Travel Diary | Aug 15, 2016
- La città dai tesori che abbelliscono l'oceanoIl caldo di Bangkok è qualcosa di esasperante e insopportabile. Ti segue nei suoi angoli poveri e sporchi, inatteso dietro l'angolo, oltre le porte scorrevoli dei locali climatizzati e della metro, e ti si appiccica addosso ostinato, come a ricordarti Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Aug 15, 2016
- Bangkok: The Sticky Rice & Mango Adventure (Part 1)As we get out of the airport and feel the hot, windy temperature of Bangkok, we fall in love. It’s 11.30 pm and, although we’re tired after our flight, the phosphorescent taxi line that parades up and down the streets Posted by lbob in Little bites of beauty | Aug 4, 2016
- Saying Goodbye (plus my collection of weird Thailand photos)It has been a wonderful semester, I am going to miss Bangkok and all of the other exchange students so much. I don't really know how to put it in words, but living abroad has been an amazing experience.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/647005/large Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jun 7, 2016
- Beaches, bat caves, Bangkok and Angkar Wat"Hello sirrr, ladyyy. You buy somethiiing?"
"Looking for freee."
"Hello my friend, you want tuk tuk?"
"No thanks. Just walking"
"No thanks, we're good."
"Where you going?"
"You wan go tem Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | May 26, 2016
- D-DayDah da dah da daah, Dah da da dah da dah dah.... The alarm begins its well known and annoying rhythm and my hand swipes out to silence it. Through a blurry sleepy haze I can see the time Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | May 19, 2016
- VERSATTILE CHATUCHAKEvery visit to Thailand never gives me boring appearances. Last year I visited Thailand with professional assignment. After the successful completion of my job, I had the opportunity to visit world’s most uniformed wholesale market i.e. Chatuchak Weekend Posted by sajjadtraveler in Versattile Chatuchak | May 19, 2016
- Thailand: Bangkok (again) and Khao LakOur mini-bus to Bangkok arrived a bit earlier than we'd been told so we had to throw the last bits in our backpacks and run out of the door. We were taken to a much larger coach that was pretty Posted by advensha in Advensha | Apr 19, 2016
- Arriving in YangonIn the morning, we took full advantage of the noon check out. I even got to Skype with my mom before we packed up really quick. We went out for a street breakfast: rice cakes, eggs and a banana cake. Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Apr 14, 2016
- One more night in BangkokOur schedule was packed for the day. We walked from the guesthouse to the river area to catch the ferry - Chao Phraya Express to Wat Arun. We got a bit turned around but the staff were helpful enough to Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 30, 2016
- Parks, boats and Lebanese foodWe relaxed in the room, did some research and used the decent wifi. It seemed the dodgier the accommodation, the better the wifi. We took the BTS to Sala Dang stop then had a tasty lunch at Beirut, my favourite Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 26, 2016
- Buses and Lost Cash in BangkokAt 7:30, we checked out and headed for the bus stop to find out that buses left every hour on the half hour so we'd just missed one. I ran to get us some 7-11 breakfast pastries and a ham Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 26, 2016
- What I have been up toChinese New Years
We thought they were clearing the street for the parade but it was just so the princes could drive through, then they let everyone back in the street and made the parade (one dragon) navigate the crowds.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Feb 21, 2016
Although we had been warned of the scorching heat that was to greet us in Thailand, especially when arriving from Scottish winter time, we were pleasantly surprised to find that we were Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Feb 21, 2016
- The Arrival
The sun beats down on us as we lug our bodies down another side street, peering at the signs trying to figure out if the curly squiggles match what we have on the iPhone. Oh bugger. It's Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Feb 21, 2016
- Thailand: BangkokI'm sure you'll be enthralled to hear that our journey from India to Thailand was full of interesting if not mildly distressing goings-on. Our first flight was from Goa to Mumbai, and as we waited in the queue for our Posted by advensha in Advensha | Feb 17, 2016
- Thailand - Bangkok pt. 1[center]On the Monday morning we ate a final breakfast on the beach at Koh Tao before boarding a Tuk Tuk from Palm Leaf resort back to the pier in time to catch the morning ferry to Chumpon. As an observatory Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Feb 16, 2016
- Classes at Thammasat UniveristyI am taking four classes and an internship for credit this semester. It is really strange transitioning to the semester system, I don't have any projects or tests til week 8! I think the classes should be easier in general Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jan 31, 2016
- BEST BANGKOK TAILORSHello
I live in Thailand few months already. And i have noticed the phenomenon of ''Tailoring''. What i prefer more here is the luxury side of this domain. I have started visiting some of them and then take the resolution Posted by Barths in MissDezzy | Jan 28, 2016
- Week 1Bangkok is already starting to feel like a new home. I am getting oriented to the city. Kevin and I took taxis and the sky train mostly but I still need to figure out the bus system. I have found Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jan 2, 2016
- Please, no fish sauceThe guesthouse was busy this morning. Someone had a similar arrival to ours, but had to sleep on the couch as there were no open beds. Wouldn't be getting in my Canada Christmas skype today. Ryan went down the street Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Dec 20, 2015
- Exhausted in BangkokJust after three a.m., our lovely bus pulled onto 'Khao San Road' or the street far enough from it to confuse people into taking tuktuk rides at irrational prices. I turned down a cab offering a 300 baht fare telling Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Dec 10, 2015
- "City of Life"We are currently at rest on the private roof-top patio at our [[https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8090723|apartment]]. Earlier we learned that navigating in Bangkok is not for the faint of heart! Luckily our host, Surat, has helped us find our way around, and Posted by carpentrek in Carpenters Without Borders | Dec 9, 2015