Blog Entries tagged 'bangkok'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'bangkok'
We are woken at 7.00am as we pull into the center of Bangkok. We have a whole day ahead of us. After checking our luggage into the lock-up at the station, we set out by foot Posted by gobannanas in Sue & Ed Go Bananas in South East Asia | Apr 4, 2013
- Bangkok After a grueling, sometimes uncomfortable, 22 hours of flights, layovers and airplane food, we finally landed in the Kingdom of Thailand. For myself, this was trip number 3 to this amazing country, but for Lindsay, this was a whole different Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Apr 8, 2013
- The last entry for "3 Weeks in Thailand"[center]We arrived in Bangkok from Chiangmai around 6am, hopped in a mini-bus to the airport where we bought disgusting, overpriced 'breakfasts' then found a quiet corner to sleep in for 4 hours, before checking in for our flight.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by Lady Mantle in Off to China | Mar 23, 2013
- Shopping and the arrival of a sister!Back to the shops again today, to replace those items in our sparse wardrobe that have fallen to pieces from over use! Tammy also required some non-hippy clothes so that she might look more presentable upon arrival in South Posted by Tam-Jo in The Adventures of Jo and Tammy... | Mar 21, 2013
- Nai Lert Shrine (นายเลิศ)
Nai Lert Shrine is to honour the female deity of Jao Mae Thapthim (เจ้าแม่ทับทิม). This canalside shrine is decorated with phallic sculptures of every size and shape. The shrine is donated by w Posted by opospa in From Tumpat to Tanjung Kupang | Mar 20, 2013
- "Bangkok has them now"What to say about Bangkok? If Bangkok were a song, it would be Dick Dale's 'Misirlou'. It’s loud, brash, and unashamedly so. The first night we arrived we only had time (and energy) to venture out for food in our Posted by kate1401 in The World Ahead | Feb 28, 2013
- 3 weeks in Thailand....![center]With our bags packed and our sleepy but excited selves at the ready, we left our warm apartment and ventured out into the -5 degree weather of China and hopped into a taxi.
Half an hour later we were at Posted by Lady Mantle in Off to China | Feb 24, 2013
- Ayutthaya to Bangkok by trainWe got up bright and early today as we wanted to get to Bangkok early in case we had trouble finding accommodation in the area we wanted. We wanted to stay more central than the backpacking haven of Khao San Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Feb 24, 2013
- beginning of our travels!So we arrived after a long flight. the first one was definitely more comfy, however the second flight where we wanted to sleep wasnt so roomy! typical. but we arrived safely, deciding to take the train was a very new Posted by Sophie_241 in Our big adventure | Feb 24, 2013
- Thailand - Part 1Sorry for the delay in our posts - internet wasn't free where we were staying in Thailand or Cambodia so now we are in Vietnam with free internet we will take advantage of it to update you all! See Alice's Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Feb 20, 2013
- Flashing the cash in BangkokToday has been expensive and indulgent but has been worth every penny. We woke late as we did not go to bed until 2am yesterday as we booked our flight for Myanmar. We fly in Yangon on 26th February and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Jan 20, 2013
- Temples, malls and markets in BangkokWe have been all over Bangkok it feels like today.
We decided to see Wat Arun this morning, this is a temple that sits on the river and has five huge chedi's (big spire structures). It is named the temple of Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Jan 18, 2013
- Muay Thai Boxing
One thing that is uniquely Thai is Muay Thai boxing. It’s a boxing match where pretty much anything goes, from kicking in the shins to punching someone in the face. The only difference i Posted by kendallwallace in Wanderlust Wallace | Jan 17, 2013
- Ladyboy Show and Ping-Pong Show
Some mates and I out in Bangkok
A lot of people who go to Thailand must attend an entertainment show. For curiosity’s sake, I attended two. The first was a lad Posted by kendallwallace in Wanderlust Wallace | Jan 17, 2013
- Liam wore a skirt in BangkokWe were a bit slow getting up this morning, so we decided to use what was left our morning to try and find the US dollars we need for Myanmar. For some reason we are not aware of, the people Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Jan 17, 2013
- China town in Bangkok... an assault on the senses.Busy day today….. We were up early as we needed to get to the Myanmar embassy to apply for our visa. We decided to go by boat as there are public transport ferries and express boats that go up Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Jan 16, 2013
- Sightseeing in Bangkok...'you want tuk tuk?'Today we had a plan to see some of the main sights in Bangkok. We didn’t have much of a walk yesterday as we were just too tired from Sundays mega journey. For breakfast we went to a small café Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Jan 15, 2013
- Ko Phayam to Bangkok....phew we are finally hereYesterday was a full day and nights travel from Ko Phayam to Bangkok. We got up early, packed and checked out of Hornbill Huts. We had a walk down the beach and had some lunch and a fruit shake before Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Jan 14, 2013
- Thailand - Bangkok - Day 2After another late lie in we set off at 12:00 for our second day exploring the city.
We made our way to the main train station where we were planning to catch a ride to Khoa San Road and China Town. Posted by Waldos on Tour in Rice, Noodles and Kangaroos | Jan 12, 2013
- Thailand - Bangkok - Day 1We arrived in Bangkok in the afternoon and it was a real shock to the system! Heat, humidity and a lot of organised chaos! We managed to find our hotel pretty easily - took about an hour by train and Posted by Waldos on Tour in Rice, Noodles and Kangaroos | Jan 12, 2013
- Day 4 - BangkokWe did very little on the 1st. After a leisurely breakfast, the kids wanted to play with their friends. Seemed that all the families we'd met where moving on to other areas of Thailand that day...most to the islands.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by littlexplorers in Thailand | Jan 3, 2013
- Chiang Mai
After a ridiculously long lie in (needed after a complete lack of sleep the night before) we set about trying to decide what to Posted by Tam-Jo in The Adventures of Jo and Tammy... | Jan 1, 2013
- Oh the pain!What can I tell you about today? You know that feeling when you swear you will never drink again? Yes, that is us today! After only three or four hours sleep it was time to get up Posted by Tam-Jo in The Adventures of Jo and Tammy... | Jan 1, 2013
- China town and Bangkok nightlife!Today we visited China Town in Bangkok. It took us a while to get there as we somehow managed to direct a taxi half way across town in the wrong direction! Oops! But we made it there Posted by Tam-Jo in The Adventures of Jo and Tammy... | Jan 1, 2013
- Ladies what lunchWhat a productive day we've had! We were up at the crack of dawn again in order to be at the Vietnamese Embassy to apply for visas by opening at 8.30am. We had assumed that the embassy would Posted by Tam-Jo in The Adventures of Jo and Tammy... | Jan 1, 2013