Blog Entries tagged 'beaches'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'beaches'
- Cape Cross Seal ColonyAfter breakfast we set off towards Henties Bay and the start of the Skeleton Coast. The scenery was really bleak and the flat salt road seemed to go on forever. However 120km later we arrived at Cape Cross, having stopped Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 27, 2016
- Walvis Bay and SwakopmundToday was our longest drive day, but we still decided to get up to watch the sunrise from our roof terrace, not as bright as the sunsets but still lovely. We also saw some desert rats, oryx and mongoose making Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 26, 2016
- Short Break on the Mani Peninsula
'A ship is safe in the harbour - but that's not what ships are built for. - Gael Attal'
Having found some reasonable flights to Kalamata, we decided to travel down the Mani Peninsula a part of Greece we had not Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 20, 2016
- 3658 Miles Apart || My first days in Nova Scotia!Hi, I'm Giulia and I'm 3658 miles apart!
I'm 16 years old and I'm from Italy. I actually live an hour away from Venice.
On August 27th I arrived to Canada. I was very excited and I still am. My flight was Posted by NSISPFC in NSISPFC | Sep 10, 2016
- Hot Water BeachAfter we left New Zealand's largest city, we headed eastward and my adventure on the North Island began.
The first hours on the bus was all about getting to know the new fellow travelers. A new group and new friends Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 10, 2015
- My travel to AlanyaI went to Alanya near Antalya by bus tour in the mid of August. First I stayed in Grand Uysal Hotel with 3 stars.
In the first day I swam with my children in the beautiful bay, 50 meters to the Posted by otobusbileti24 in My Travel in Turkey | Aug 31, 2016
- Yaki CurryYaki Curry or bAked curry in English is a specialty dish in Kitakyushu city, especially the Mojiko region (Fukuoka prefecture). In Chinese culture, we have a lot of baked rice dishes and curry is one of them but however Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 17, 2016
- Bienvenidos a Barcelona: Gaudi, Picasso and Ramblin' OnJen and I have always wanted to visit España, especially to have a chance to hablar Espanol, even though its been a while since our lessons.
Renowned for its architecture, unique Cata Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 5, 2016
- Cintsa, Eastern CapeNot having done a weekend away along the coast for a while we decided on a couple of days in Cintsa before winter arrived (now Chintsa with the new official spelling, but we won't be getting into the politics Posted by Larry's Route in Larry's Route (South Africa) | Aug 1, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 1Last weekend, my dad and I traveled to the Olympic Peninsula in northwest Washington state for birding, hiking, and even whale-watching! I will split this trip up day-by-day since I have so many photos. Enjoy!
On Thursday, July 14, we took Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 21, 2016
- EXPLORING THE CARIBBEAN COASTSam had already been to Colombia so we decided to head straight to the North coast so I could come back South to do the big cities later. Our journey started with a funny story. Sam and I boarded our Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jul 15, 2016
- Maldives: LUX South Ari- Adventures in Paradise- VIDEOSwimming with whale sharks and mantas in pristine turquoise waters with stunning views in the most luxurious of settings is what you will find at LUX* South Ari - check out our video of one of the most ROMANTIC vacation Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jul 12, 2016
- CubaVery early this Monday morning, I returned from my choir's week-long tour to Havana, Cuba. It was possibly the most eye-opening trip of my entire life, and the entire choir was changed by this tour.
As the first youth choir to Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 6, 2016
- South IndiaMy South India trip started off with a two week stay in an Eco Ashram, where I practiced meditation and did yoga for 4 hours a day (with it reaching 34 degrees some days). My journey to the ashram however Posted by Poppy90 in Poppy's Travel Blog! | Jun 21, 2016
- Homecoming is More Fun in the Philippines
Home visit to Surigao will soon become our family's annual event primarily to celebrate the death anniversary of our patriarch, Crisanto Sr.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/3 Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jun 15, 2016
- Illinois Beach State Park!Today I birded with birding friend Al Stokie in northern Lake County, Illinois. Although it felt quite hot at times (it topped out at 93 degrees today!), we had a productive day of birding.
After an hour-and-a-half commute on the Metra, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 10, 2016
- Christmasing is More Fun in the Philippines
This was the time of year when holidays were too long: Dec 24 & 25 fell on Thursday and Friday, while Dec 30 & 31 fell on Wednesday and Thursday. There were 2 working days left in December, so Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jun 8, 2016
- Observing Holy Week is More Fun in the PhilippinesSince my immediate family relocated to Manila, our home vacation to Anao-aon, Surigao del Norte is now scheduled every summer. That summer of year 2014, Papa Tantong, Mama Dulcing, and En's family flew to Surigao via Butuan airport a day Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jun 8, 2016
- Tour Operators in Sri LankaWe are DJ Travels Management (Pvt) Ltd. Our Company is one of Sri Lanka's momentous tour operators. Our reputation and greatness is earned everyday by providing the vital value and personal attention. We are one of Sri Lanka’s leading tour Posted by DJ Travels in Tour Operators in Sri Lanka | Jun 4, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The Okanagan Valley"I moved here In 1996 from Grimsby". Then, as the rain started to fall again. " This is really unusual, it only rains here ten days a year". We had already experienced two of those days and the Okanagan Valleys Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 1, 2016
- Piping Plover, Part 2!Today, the last day of my Memorial Day weekend in Michigan with my aunt Mary and uncle Mory, my uncle and I drove to Muskegon State Park again in hopes of getting more photos of the Piping Plovers nesting on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 30, 2016
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Piping Plover!Today, before my family and I drove to Michigan, I led a bird walk starting from my house at 7:00am - the final neighborhood bird walk of the spring (although I have three more walks scheduled to take place in Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 28, 2016
- Beijing and the Philippines
Just over 2 weeks in Beijing and Philippines
Where we went: Beijing - Manila - Palawan (Puerto Princesa, Sabang, El Nido) - Manila
What we did in Beijing: Tons of walking, getting lost, Great Wall of China, being chased by an Posted by Jo's journeys in Tales of my travels | May 23, 2016
- May 16 - 18: Montrose and More!This is another recap post from this Monday - Wednesday, which were three more great days of birding during pretty much the peak of bird migration through northeast Illinois.
MONDAY, MAY 16:
I was excused from 1st through 3rd period on Monday, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 20, 2016
- ZipoliteAfter an enjoyable week in Oaxaca and surrounds we headed off to the coast. Rather than an 8 hour bus ride on windy mountain roads, we opted to take a small plane to Huatulco and then hired a cab Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 8, 2016