Blog Entries tagged 'beaches'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'beaches'
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Piping Plover!Today, before my family and I drove to Michigan, I led a bird walk starting from my house at 7:00am - the final neighborhood bird walk of the spring (although I have three more walks scheduled to take place in Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 28, 2016
- Beijing and the Philippines
Just over 2 weeks in Beijing and Philippines
Where we went: Beijing - Manila - Palawan (Puerto Princesa, Sabang, El Nido) - Manila
What we did in Beijing: Tons of walking, getting lost, Great Wall of China, being chased by an Posted by Jo's journeys in Tales of my travels | May 23, 2016
- May 16 - 18: Montrose and More!This is another recap post from this Monday - Wednesday, which were three more great days of birding during pretty much the peak of bird migration through northeast Illinois.
MONDAY, MAY 16:
I was excused from 1st through 3rd period on Monday, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 20, 2016
- ZipoliteAfter an enjoyable week in Oaxaca and surrounds we headed off to the coast. Rather than an 8 hour bus ride on windy mountain roads, we opted to take a small plane to Huatulco and then hired a cab Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 8, 2016
- Malaysia: LangkawiThe morning we left Trang for Langkawi, the husband and wife owners Yamawa guesthouse made sure we were fully stocked with coffee and bananas. We were collected by a minivan from Andrew Travel and spent 3 hours snaking around very Posted by advensha in Advensha | May 3, 2016
- Surfing (injury) in Byron BayThe last stop of my East Coast adventure was the beautiful Byron Bay. It's pretty touristy, but like so many places I visited, it's easy to see why.
I had pre-booked a surf class for my first day so I spent Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 27, 2016
- The Whitsundays and Fraser IslandThe next couple of parts of my trip were on organised tours. I had been informed that I simply couldn't miss either the Whitsundays or Fraser Island.
For my Whitsundays trip I booked with Wings. A sociable boat with a knowledgable Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 27, 2016
- Thailand: Ko Lanta and TrangOn the morning of Friday 15th April we left Khao Lak heading to Ko Lanta. Our first leg of the journey was a cramped minibus where we got talking to a lovely retired British couple from London who had done Posted by advensha in Advensha | Apr 25, 2016
- Taking the scenic route from Adelaide to MelbourneMy Aussie adventure continued with a trip to Adelaide where I met my friend Carly at the airport. We hadn't seen each other since August so it was really great to catch up.
We spent our only full day there in Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 20, 2016
- GozoAfter a final huge breakfast we took the road all the way North to the Gozo ferry terminal, just as the car steering started to play up! The crossing was nice and smooth and we were able to sit on Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- Golden Bay and MelliehaIt was the sunniest day of the week so far so we decided to visit Mellieha and Golden Bay on the other coast. The road North went through St Paul's and Bugibba was nice and fast though we missed Mellieha Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- MarsaxlokkThe drive across the island to the colourful fishing port of Marsaxlokk was fairly awful - again we got hopelessly lost around Valletta. It was a lovely place with a peaceful harbour full of the colour fishing boats , where Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- Beautiful Búzios
We just returned from Búzios, a peninsula 2.5 hours East of Rio that's famous for it's beautiful beaches!
Búzios w Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 17, 2016
- Never Coming Home...So after my first blog post where I boasted the fact that neither Morgan or I had yet come down with any belly issues, within less than an hour of posting that, my stomach began to feel unwell.
Fast forward Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | Apr 16, 2016
- Sydney, the first stop in AustraliaIt's a 14 hour flight from Santiago to Sydney. It sounds like it could be horrendous but I felt like the time flew by (pun only partially intended), partly due to flying with Quantas.
I'm not sure whether my visit Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 13, 2016
- COMMON SENSE - Be sure to bring a big bunch with you!Traveling from USA to Panama (and further south into S.Amer) requires a good vehicle and good judgement. The vehicle should be in excellent mechanical condition and go with spare parts, also should be comfortable for you and your passengers to Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 9, 2016
- Camping overland into Central and South AmericaTRAVELING OVERLAND IN A RV!
To us, travel has nothing to do with cruises and vacations. It’s not about staying at fancy hotels or taking a two-week holiday.
Travel is a way of life. It’s how we learn, develop ourselves, educate our Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 8, 2016
- Pan American Highway - Going again in 2017!!I have decided to "get ready" early and do my pre-trip preparation for this great journey thru Mexico, Central America, and South America. I am using a excellent low-milage Ford F250 , 7.3 diesel, long bed pick up with Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 8, 2016
- HDTV Cam UpdateThere have been quite a few cameras added since my last update. Camera upgrades at some locations have been completed and not only ship tracker added to each site, but option of air traffic tracker on a few.
By the way, Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Mar 26, 2016
- Sri LankaFor a country so small, Sri Lanka comes with lot of surprises. After give a lot of thought to where to travel next, me and D chose Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka recently recovered from civil war 2009 and is Posted by Swapnil91 in Sri Lanka | Mar 22, 2016
- We start our big lap in Hervey BayWe have stopped postponing our "bucket list". This is the start of our big journey. Our brand new Jayco Journey was delivered and we decided to stay in Beachfront Tourist Park Torquay in Hervey Bay. This was our first choice Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Mar 16, 2016
- Colombia: Parque Tayrona==Parque Tayrona==
....is a stunning, well preserved national park with awesome terrain; stunning beaches, and a chance to camp under the stars amongst other intrepid travellers and local famili Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Mar 15, 2016
- Relaxing by the sea.Our last few days in Cyprus were spent by the beach just relaxing in the winter sunshine. The first couple of the days were spent on the beach we had seen en route to the Avakas Gorge. We didn't drive Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Mar 11, 2016
- Polis and the Akames PeninsulaAfter a dreadful nights sleep the first thing we did the next day was ask exactly how it was a luxury room, to be told 'oh no its not but there is an electricity problem in the room we booked'. Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Mar 7, 2016
- Long weekend on the NSW Mid North CoastI have a friend who lives on the Mid North Coast of NSW near Forster, and she invited me to stay over the weekend and go to a concert in Forster on Sunday night.
I drove up on Thursday and back Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 5, 2016