Blog Entries tagged 'berlin'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'berlin'
- BerlinGuten tag, from Berlin!
After hostel life for the last few weeks, I needed a break from weird men in my bed and drunk people climbing onto the top bunk at 4am. I decided that I would book a hotel for Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Apr 19, 2015
- The Untitled Kebab StandBerlin: the city of many wonderful and unforgettable adventures.
Berlin derives its uniqueness in diversity; something which has eluded many other well-established major European cities. As much as I would love to talk about Berlin and all its jo Posted by forkintheroad in The Fork in the Road | Apr 6, 2015
- Cycling adventures, a move to Frankfurt & more travellingWell it has been a good 10 months since our last update - whoops! We are officially terrible bloggers! We are going to catch you up in instalments, (or that is the plan anyway) This next post will take Posted by julesandjosh in Juli and Josh's European Adventure | Mar 10, 2015
- Hong Kong Baby!Three planes, two trains, two buses and plenty of airport terminal walking and I'm there.....Hong Kong. Now going by the title of the blog you might have expected a different first location...two points 1. You would be right, this was Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Feb 7, 2015
- The Bags Are PackedThe bags are packed.....and I've left the uk via my favourite airport Luton...aka the airport that had the cheapest fare to my first port of call Berlin!
A quick note on my pre trip preparations - having made a previous extended Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Jan 30, 2015
- Can you say "Konnichiwa" ? After 16 hours of travel in a seat that was a little too small for me (probably built for southern European people... thank Turkish Airlines), the wheels of the plane made contact with Japanese ground. Apparently I was not the Posted by Max Fischer in The Japan Experience | Nov 19, 2014
- Berlin, Germany Ok first something needs to be addressed. I am not travelling anymore. I am settled at my University in Hatfield, England. In fact I have been settled for so long that my room has had a chance to become Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Oct 22, 2014
- Ich bin ein Berliner I never thought that I would ever describe myself as being straight laced, but after visiting Berlin, I have never felt more so! Being tattoo-less, having a "normal" hair colour, dressing relatively "conservative", having no wild piercings or other loud Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Oct 18, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 2]Hey guys, welcome to Gallery of Europe Part 2 where this pretty much covers the best images of our time in Germany plus the Austrian city of Salzburg using my favourite HDR (high dynamic range) photo processing techniques and with Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 1, 2014
- Once Divided Now United - BerlinSo we have just checked into our beautiful and amazing hotel in Dresden (more on the next blog)
Our time in Berlin has been awesome...yet another city that we have fallen for and thought "Hey, we could live there". I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2014
- Busy in Berlin - Part 2 Another beautiful day in Berlin, what were we meant to do ... explore!
First stop on our tour was the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedachtniskirche, an old church where they've turned the ruins into a memorial hall with photos and some of the items saved. Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 11, 2014
- Busy in BerlinWe've had a busy day exploring Berlin with Birte who thankfully not only played tour guide but put up with all our questions & translation requests, bribing her with pineapple lumps worked : ) thank you Birte!
I've seen so much Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 9, 2014
- Train on a Ferry .... Really?!?!Really a quiet day mostly on the train, however we didn't quite believe the train driver when he told us we were boarding a ferry to get from Denmark to Germany after all we took that long bridge to get Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 8, 2014
- Frankfurt, and Berlin. Read on...
From Pula, we flew to Frankfurt. Frankfurt… Hahn. This little modifier after the place was an important piece of information we mistakenly overlooked. What it means is that you’re not fl Posted by CeeZeeDeeBP in Spring in Central Europe | Jun 8, 2014
- Berlin I went to a few ww2 memorials in Berlin. And after seeing all those, being moved close to tears by the personal tragedies of individuals and families in the memorial to the murdered Jews of Europe, I think I'm just Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 20, 2014
- Berlin - History, Abandoned Buildings, and Karaoke!BERLIN
It is difficult to describe or characterize Berlin because it seems to be different for everyone. I had heard or read a number of opinions, and each seemed to strike a separate chord. To Lonely Planet, it is a constantly Posted by danza in There and back again | May 13, 2014
- Berlin BerlinBack here again, in Berlin! And it was Céline's first flight!
The first thing i must say that this is pretty hilarious! A singaporean restaurant with singaporean food. Ch Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- Dresden, Nuremberg and BerlinWhen we last left you we had just started exploring the east side of Germany and were in Dresden. Incase you haven't heard of the city, it claims to have invented the tea bag, toothpaste, the wonder bra, the beer Posted by julesandjosh in Juli and Josh's European Adventure | Apr 27, 2014
- Poland and GermanyToday we took a 5-hour drive north to spend time at Wolf’s Lair, one of Hitler’s largest bunkers in Poland. This was the place where Hitler spent quite some time, and was also very well known for the place where Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 4, 2014
- Why should you stay in a hostel?Our first hostel experience was in Paris in 1999. We went on a romantic trip to Paris but as a student I didn’t have a lot to spend. So we decided to stay in a hostel so we could save Posted by GoAroundEurope in Hostels and travelling in Europe | Dec 4, 2013
- Berlin, GermanyThe next morning we managed to get up early at 05:00 and grab all of our things without waking our room mates, fortunately our hostel was setting up the free breakfast early so we managed to get a good meal Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Aug 29, 2013
- Berlin Part 2After see the main center, many historical sites and memorials the rest of our time in Berlin was spent exploring the new and alternative sides to Berlin.
The area that we were staying in, Friedrichshain, was previously in the east Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 3, 2013
- Berlin Part 1I'm going to write about Berlin in two parts. It is kind of fitting because Berlin is a place of twos:
East and West.
Before the war and after the war.
World War and Cold War.
Capitalists and communists.
Businesses and artists.
As Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 3, 2013
- StaringWritten 7/4 -- they'll be another in the next few days about travel and rap music
I wasn’t planning on keeping a blog in Berlin. My journal entries haven’t had big ideas to hold them together in a while, and without Posted by BekahBP in Berlintrospection | Jul 11, 2013
- Exploring Bonn and gearing up for Berlin!As I was cooking up my omelette this morning, Bernd worried about my cholesterol but I assured him that it was off the charts low. Little does he know that these 3-egg omelettes are dwarfed by the 5- and Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | May 18, 2013