Blog Entries tagged 'birds'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'birds'
- India: PushkarAfter the night we'd had in Tordi, I for one was glad our next stop was Pushkar; the spiritual home of India, a Hindu pilgrimage, a place where no meat, eggs or alcohol can be found or consumed. A veritable Posted by advensha in Advensha | Feb 6, 2016
- Test threeAfter school we went shopping. [[http://smyleinn|]] Posted by Wendymurray107 in India | Jan 23, 2016
- Unawatuna and Jungle BeachThis morning we had a lovely breakfast sitting out on the patio with birds singing all around us and coming to visit the nearby trees and wires. Don has lots of pictures to try and identify. We even saw a Posted by katdill in Sri Lanka, the Maldives and India | Jan 13, 2016
- 2 Rarities to End the Year & 2015 RecapThis post will be split up into two parts; the first part being the usual narrative & photos of the day and the second being my birding recap of 2015. Hope you enjoy it, and have a happy New Year!
Today Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 31, 2015
- 2015's Owl FinaleAs 2015, the Year of the Owl, is about to come to a close, today's birding yielded a grand finale of sorts to a truly astounding year for owls. Today my Uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I drove back Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 30, 2015
- The Year of the Owl Delivers AgainThis owl-tastic year just keeps getting better and better! My former nemesis and now second-favorite bird, the Great Gray Owl, put on a fabulous show today at the world-famous Sax-Zim Bog!
Today my uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I criss-crossed Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 29, 2015
- Day 75 & 76 - The closest we got to a motorcycleWhen we arrived in Coral Bay last night the hostel staff cooked us hamburgers. It was nice not having to do the evening meal. They also gave everyone a ticket for a free drink but, oddly, you couldn't Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 4, 2012
- Buena Vista GrasslandsToday was the first day on my trip to Wisconsin and Minnesota with my birding aunt Mary and uncle Mory. After having lunch with my cousins Dave and Katie, my aunt, uncle, and I visited a beautiful preserve called Buena Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 27, 2015
- Day 6: Return to a Chicago WinterYesterday, Saturday, December 19, was the sad day on a cruise called disembarkation. We were off the ship in the nine o'clock hour and took a taxi to the Fort Lauderdale airport to fly home.
I managed to squeeze in a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 4: At SeaThursday was another day at sea; however, the ship increased its cruising speed due to an ill passenger on board and we pulled into our next port of call, Princess Cays, Bahamas, in the evening - even though we would Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 3: Grand Turk!On Wednesday, the Emerald Princess' port of call was Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Tuesday was a day at sea, so although it was extremely relaxing and enjoyable, there is nothing to post about for that day. Wednesday was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 1: Emerald Princess!Yesterday I returned from a fantastic Caribbean cruise aboard the Emerald Princess. I will make one post for nearly every day (like I did for Costa Rica last summer), so here is day 1:
After taking an evening United Airlines flight Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Chobe National ParkMy name is Heshan and I have come to Botswana with my really good school friend Daniel. We are going to stay in Botswana for one week. While we are here we will be visiting three places, Chobe National Park, Posted by Heshan in Animal Paradise- Botswana | Dec 1, 2015
- Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, a place of worship?Is the 2 hour drive to the cathedral actually worth it? The answer is yes! If you keep reading you will find out more...
First of all if you want to get to the cathedral you have to take Posted by milestheblogger in Is Ivory Coast A Scam? | Nov 29, 2015
- Happy Thanksgiving!This year I'm thankful for all of the wonderful trips I've taken so far in 2015 to see astounding birds and have other great experiences: southeast Arizona, the East Coast, Costa Rica, Idaho, and countless wonderful day trips (all of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 26, 2015
- Day 3On this final day in Libya, I have started of the final day by exploring the markets in Libya. Yet again not so much to look at at the markets so I gave up and went to the beach which Posted by 9enguin in Travels in Libya | Nov 24, 2015
- 12th Owl Species of the Year!Welcome to another episode of Sunday evening birding!
This evening I went birding with birder Eric Walters in northeast Lake County, Illinois. We covered State Line Beach, Spring Bluff Forest Preserve, and the North & South Units of Illinois Beach Stat Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 15, 2015
- Day 33Not a lot going on today, but I wanted to get the photos I lost when my camera broke so went back over to Oltrarno and to Clet Abraham's studio - which was closed this time unfortunately. He has Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 11, 2015
- Not Every Bird You Chase You Get!Today I went on a truly wild goose chase to find a rare bird that had shown up in the Lincoln Park Zoo of Chicago. It was a Common Ground-Dove which is a vagrant from Mexico (and not an escaped Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 7, 2015
- Fauna and Flora of Rajasthan....Rajasthan has been blessed with varied flora and fauna even when majority of its area is desert. The forest cover is also quite limited, despite these adversities, some unique flora and fauna can be witnessed.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747 Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Nov 5, 2015
- Fort Sheridan Forest PreserveI took advantage of this beautiful Sunday with temperatures in the 60's and clear skies to bird the beautiful Fort Sheridan Forest Preserve in Highwood, Illinois with a birding friend Suzanne Coleman. We had a fantastic time - thanks to Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 1, 2015
- Last Oak Park Bird Walk of 2015Today I led the last bird walk of 2015, and it was a very pleasant walk with temperatures in the upper 50's and perfectly sunny skies. Although the birding was quite slow, the group had a great time, enjoyed lively Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Oct 11, 2015
- Shri Guru Jambheshwar Bhagwan Mandir ,Jajiwal Dhora , Banar Shree Guru Jambheshwar Bhagwan also known as Jambho ji, was the founder of the Bishnoi sect. He preached the worship of Hari (a name for Lord Vishnu). He taught that God is a divine power that is everywhere. He Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Oct 9, 2015
- Lake TurkanaDay six of our Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/|Undiscovered Destinations]].
The wind certainly kept us awake in the night, rustling through the palms, banging tree branches against each other, sending the wind g Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 14, 2015
- Costa Rica Group Bird Walk & Reunion!Today I led several people on a private Oak Park Bird Walk and then we met up with others back at our house for a reunion of the group with which I traveled to Costa Rica this past summer. It Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Sep 27, 2015