Blog Entries tagged 'birds'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'birds'
- Day 3: GHO!Today was my first full day in the beautiful town of Sun Valley, Idaho on this trip. From 9:00am to 1:30pm, I birded the Warm Springs Trail that leads essentially from our condo's backyard up a large mountain called Mt. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 29, 2015
- Day 2: Boise to Sun ValleyToday my mom and I drove the 3-hour drive from Boise, Idaho's largest city, to the small mountain town of Sun Valley famous for its winter skiing. After a buffet breakfast at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we were on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 28, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X....Summers....
[img=http://phot Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 28, 2015
- Day 7: From Ziplining to Stargazing--
This is the report about my seventh day on my recent trip to Costa Rica, which was Monday, July 20. I will post about days 8-10 tomorrow (July 26). Then, on Monday, July 27 I will leave for my annual Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2015
- Different People, Different Standards...
==Hello fellow travelers!==
Until this very day, we've been telling you day-by-day what's been going on in our lives since we decided to leave Holland and start our amateurish journey. Posted by Porridge in Porridge Blog | Jul 20, 2015
- Independence Day Weekend in MichiganBack to birding posts! This past Fourth of July Weekend, my family and I traveled to our cottage at a lake in southwest Michigan. On the drive there, we had a beautiful family bike ride on a pretty road winding Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 8, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - III....Likir MonasteryThe Likir Monastery or gompa is one of the oldest and well maintained monasteries in Ladakh district in Jammu and Kashmir. The monastery is located in Likir village is believed to have been in existence since 11th century.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 15, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...PART-I.....Spituk Gompa and area around.
Spituk Monastery, also better as Spituk Gompa or Pethup Gompa, is a Buddhist monastery i Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 12, 2015
- Sukhna Lake....Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_ Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 5, 2015
- Minister welcomes local govt survey results The first ever survey of how ratepayers view the performance of their local government is being welcomed by Local Government Minister Paula Bennett.
The inaugural New Zealand Local Government Survey, released today, is part of Local Government New Zeal Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi faces a balancing act over trade legislation before Congress.
It's a top priority for President Barack Obama. But it's overwhelmingly opposed by House Democrats. That leaves Pelosi caught in th Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- German backpacker survives icy fall on Mt TongariroA 19-year-old German backpacker has been hospitalised after sliding 50 metres down an icy slope near the summit of Mt Tongariro today.
The man and his three companions were hiking over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing about 1pm when he slipped and Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Antarctica: VIDEO: Kayaking with Whales and Penguins! Ever wonder what it would be like to kayak in Antarctica? We can't stop thinking about it! This was one of our absolute favorite experiences of our entire Antarctica cruise.
Check out this amazing morning kayaking amongst icebergs in Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jan 18, 2015
- One Jaguar, 18 Rabbits and lots of MacawsOne Jaguar:
At the Luna Jaguar Hotsprings the naturally hot water is too hot and steamy to sit in by itself so they have to run cold water from a spring along with the hot water into a bunch of different Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Feb 16, 2015
- Day 6: Birds, Flowers and Even More MarketsNo sleeping in this time, off to find the markets we think we missed the first time. Following the Lonely Planet guidebook market trail (thanks G&M!) we returned to Kowloon, wandered past Mong Kok stadium and down a shaded Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number 10: HK Hooray! | Feb 7, 2015
- Day 2: Hong Kong IslandA big day today! But first: last night's shabu shabu was wonderful, tissue paper thin meat wafers wafted through boiling flavoured broth with all the vegetables and noodles you care to chuck in. Go chiso sama desu-ta ? Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number 10: HK Hooray! | Feb 3, 2015
- Greetings from Florida
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727314/8E271953A706713DDD6BC18932339E9D.jp Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Jan 21, 2015
- PerthToday my plan is to visit the Western Australia Museum and Art Gallery. I took the train downtown; took about 20 minutes. First stop, downtown Perth. It's a clean, modern city with a lot of arcades, malls and Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 7, 2014
- Sri Lanka - Largest Small Country in the World[center][left]Colombo
Nothing special as a city, Colombo was our stop because of the airport and Indian Visa Centre.
We arrive to from Male to Colombo on Korean airlines (100$), a cheaper alternative to Sri Lankan Airlines, and way less stingy compa Posted by Olga_Gogoleva in SE Asia | Oct 24, 2014
- Fort Sheridan Preserve with the Illinois Young Birders' ClubThis morning I participated in a walk led by the Illinois Young Birders' Club at Fort Sheridan Forest Preserve, a beautiful preserve on the Lake Michigan lakefront in Lake County, Illinois. The primary goal of this bird walk was originally Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Oct 12, 2014
- Ama la vidaAma la vida - Liebe das Leben! Und genau das mache ich hier...und ich bin gut darin :) Seit 4 Tagen wohne ich jetzt in einem kleinen gemütlichen Hostel in Monañita. Es heißt das Chillhouse und wird von zwei super Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Sep 6, 2014
- Die ersten TageSo nun bin ich angekommen und wohne bei meiner Freundin Malena in Olón, einem kleinen Dorf nördlich von Montañita. Noch bin ich sehr platt von der Reise und merke den Jetlag noch etwas. Ich versuche mal hier in kurz und Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Aug 29, 2014
- Kaziranga Days...
Seems like I’m constantly playing catch up these days! Since my second visit to Kaz Posted by LisaOnTheRoad in Continuing Love Affair with India! | Jul 22, 2014
Most Brits have heard about Benicasim, a small town with a population of 18,098 located in the north of the Valencia Community in Spain, for its two very famous summer music festivals (FIB and Rototom). Actually, if you do Posted by slowwalker in Keep walking! | Jun 22, 2014
- Throw some more mud on the fire motherWhen Christopher Columbus set off to discover the new world he left from Portugal. This was a very important decision. Had he departed from the Inner or Outer Hebrides we would never have had Fast Food, the Internet or Bottled Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 9, 2014