Blog Entries tagged 'birds'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'birds'
- Newcastle, NSWWe board our train and settle in for the night watching another Aussie film, the Castle. Silly and funny. This car is very noisy and Roger had a hard time falling asleep. Arriving in Sydney we are able to Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- The Magical Sand Dunes of St. BreladeEvery time I want to disconnect from the day to day living, I head to the sand dunes. Your feelings change depending if it is sunny or not but the sense of peace is always there. Despite I have walked Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 12, 2013
- Scottsdale to Bicheno* [[http://www.discovertasmania.com/launceston_tamar_and_north/towns_and_places/scottsdale|Scottsdale]]
After leaving Ben Lomond National Park and looking at some of our maps, we decided we'd head up the Camden Hill Road (C405) to cut through t Posted by Goannaray in Tasmania in Winter with 2 Toddlers...!? | Nov 29, 2013
- Magnificent Manas
I had been to Assam only once before. In April of 2010 I'd had a brief a 3-day visit to Kaziran Posted by LisaOnTheRoad in Continuing Love Affair with India! | Nov 11, 2013
- On the RoadTravelling by any means in Nepal is an adventure. Our few days watching traffic in Kathmandu, travelling by kamikaze taxi, and dodging,cycles,rickshaws,motorcycles,cars, trucks and buses while on foot,had given us some serious misgivings about choosing to Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 2, 2013
- Bird Brains (Recreated from Lost PC)Friday, September 13th, 2013
Anchorage in Matane, Quebec, Canada
Still motoring away to our destination, wherever that might be! I got to spend a decent amount of time today up on deck. I had a wonderful time checking out the Posted by kitcusick in Sailing the Seas | Sep 13, 2013
- Yay! Finally... a meeting with the ever elusive platypus!!As you can probably tell from the title of this blog, this day turned out to be a rather enjoyable highlight of the trip. With Sonia and myself finally being able to see a platypus in the wild. Posted by Goannaray in Tasmania in Winter with 2 Toddlers...!? | Oct 19, 2013
- Room With A View [update Nov 2013]Probably its migrating season of birds lately, and interestingly, I was lucky enough to spot several, either lured by sharp chirping or smooth melody of calls. Sometimes randomly peeping out of my kitchen's window prized me wonderful sightings. Posted by detabakari in flora and fauna | Oct 3, 2013
- Peru – East and West of the AndesHaving never been to South America before it took a while before deciding that Peru would be our destination. Ultimately, it became a straight choice between the land of the Incas and Argentina but a closer look revealed that the Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Sep 29, 2013
- an awesome trip I really enjoyed this trip to hawaii Posted by preeti idiot in An awesome trip | Aug 26, 2013
- Loboc River Resort (Bohol)Hotel/Resort name: Loboc River Resort
Booking Year: 2012
Price: from 3000 PHP
Staff service: Good
Standard rooms: Good and clean
Loboc River Resort is laying beside Posted by Odd-Arne in Hotel and Resort Review | Aug 17, 2013
- Cape May and the South Jersey ShoreAfter experiencing the big city bustle of New York we drove south and passed over the Delaware River on a steel truss bridge (very common on the US East Coast) at Washington Crossing.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/559338/ Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 30, 2013
- Moving toward the north of the Coast and back to QuitoHi there everyone,
Sorry for being a while since my last entry but my access to internet has been rather bad to be honest. I have also been moving quite a bit and I am eager to share how great Posted by martinmorlot in One student losing himself in Ecuador | Jul 14, 2013
- An extra week for some dentistry.
Did I hear someone say medical tourism. We had heard so much about it that we thought we (Sophie) would try it out in the form of dentistry.
She had ripped a massive chunk out of on Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jul 12, 2013
- Beautiful Lake, Stunning Mountains, and a Not So Lucky BirdLake Tekapo was stunningly beautiful.
[right][/right][float=left][/float]I'm definitely glad we took the extra time and money to go there. It was probably one of my favourite places in NZ. The Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | May 25, 2013
- Session bronzage![float=left] [/float]Bon a la demande générale, voici un post exclusivement en français...
Sorry for my english speaking fr Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jun 27, 2013
- Ecuador – Our unplanned gateway to the Amazon and GalapagosEcuador had never been part of our plan, but all along our travels the people we met would rave about it, so before long that and the fact it could connect us to Colombia, became good enough reason to add Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | Jun 25, 2013
- Dunedin - Day 77We were in need of a shower (don't worry, I'm not saying each time we've had a shower, so we are pretty clean I promise!) so when we arrived in Dunedin this morning we found they had a local swimming Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 9, 2013
- Oamaru - Day 76We were up before 7am today because of the clock change, which wasn't ideal after a long day of driving yesterday, but it meant we had time for some travelling essentials - blogging, planning and washing!
Oamaru is a small Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 8, 2013
- Lake Wanaka - Day 75After the glaciers yesterday we drove to a campsite on Lake Paringa, near Haast, so we could get a head start for today.
Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 7, 2013
- Arthur's Pass to Franz Josef Glacier - Day 73Well, last night was freezing. Literally. The window screen on the van was frozen when we woke up and it was only 1 degrees, so it must have dropped below zero during the night. All night we kept waking up Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 5, 2013
- Ireland 15th AprilStarting with a relaxing jaunt in a horse drawn carriage ride though scenic Killarney National Park.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | May 12, 2013
- Uretiti Beach Camp to Cape Reinga - Day 65We woke up after a good sleep - the caving and driving must have tired us out - and headed for the beach. And what a beautiful beach it was! White sand, mountains and islands out to sea. Hardly anyone Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 28, 2013
- Madidi pampas - part two
"Ah, yes, those are termites. They help decompose the wood".
Well, this statement would have been perfectly normal if the termites in question hadn't just started pouring out of our boat. Our boat being a wooden canoe about a two-hour Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Apr 29, 2013
- Rotorua & Lake Taupo - Day 61This morning we went to Wai-O-Tapu thermal park in Rotorua. Walking around the park we got to see craters, boiling mud pools, unnaturally (although of course they were) colourful lakes and steaming vents. I had never seen anything like it Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 24, 2013