Blog Entries tagged 'birds'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'birds'
- Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, a place of worship?Is the 2 hour drive to the cathedral actually worth it? The answer is yes! If you keep reading you will find out more...
First of all if you want to get to the cathedral you have to take Posted by milestheblogger in Is Ivory Coast A Scam? | Nov 29, 2015
- Happy Thanksgiving!This year I'm thankful for all of the wonderful trips I've taken so far in 2015 to see astounding birds and have other great experiences: southeast Arizona, the East Coast, Costa Rica, Idaho, and countless wonderful day trips (all of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 26, 2015
- Day 3On this final day in Libya, I have started of the final day by exploring the markets in Libya. Yet again not so much to look at at the markets so I gave up and went to the beach which Posted by 9enguin in Travels in Libya | Nov 24, 2015
- 12th Owl Species of the Year!Welcome to another episode of Sunday evening birding!
This evening I went birding with birder Eric Walters in northeast Lake County, Illinois. We covered State Line Beach, Spring Bluff Forest Preserve, and the North & South Units of Illinois Beach Stat Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 15, 2015
- Day 33Not a lot going on today, but I wanted to get the photos I lost when my camera broke so went back over to Oltrarno and to Clet Abraham's studio - which was closed this time unfortunately. He has Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 11, 2015
- Not Every Bird You Chase You Get!Today I went on a truly wild goose chase to find a rare bird that had shown up in the Lincoln Park Zoo of Chicago. It was a Common Ground-Dove which is a vagrant from Mexico (and not an escaped Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 7, 2015
- Fauna and Flora of Rajasthan....Rajasthan has been blessed with varied flora and fauna even when majority of its area is desert. The forest cover is also quite limited, despite these adversities, some unique flora and fauna can be witnessed.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747 Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Nov 5, 2015
- Fort Sheridan Forest PreserveI took advantage of this beautiful Sunday with temperatures in the 60's and clear skies to bird the beautiful Fort Sheridan Forest Preserve in Highwood, Illinois with a birding friend Suzanne Coleman. We had a fantastic time - thanks to Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 1, 2015
- Last Oak Park Bird Walk of 2015Today I led the last bird walk of 2015, and it was a very pleasant walk with temperatures in the upper 50's and perfectly sunny skies. Although the birding was quite slow, the group had a great time, enjoyed lively Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Oct 11, 2015
- Shri Guru Jambheshwar Bhagwan Mandir ,Jajiwal Dhora , Banar Shree Guru Jambheshwar Bhagwan also known as Jambho ji, was the founder of the Bishnoi sect. He preached the worship of Hari (a name for Lord Vishnu). He taught that God is a divine power that is everywhere. He Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Oct 9, 2015
- Lake TurkanaDay six of our Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/|Undiscovered Destinations]].
The wind certainly kept us awake in the night, rustling through the palms, banging tree branches against each other, sending the wind g Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 14, 2015
- Costa Rica Group Bird Walk & Reunion!Today I led several people on a private Oak Park Bird Walk and then we met up with others back at our house for a reunion of the group with which I traveled to Costa Rica this past summer. It Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Sep 27, 2015
- A Fantastic Week of Fall Birding!Although I was very busy with school and my choir this week, I actually managed a decent amount of birding, also, taking advantage of this being the heart of fall songbird migration.
Wednesday morning was a "late arrival" morning for my Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Sep 26, 2015
- Great Ocean Road - Sept 25Friday Sept 25/15
Today we took an all day bus tour of the Great Ocean Road, heading west from Melbourne. We were on a tour with 22 other people guided by Nicky, formerly a kiwi but living and working in Australia Posted by Vita and Mel in Australia | Sep 25, 2015
- Samburu - MarsabitDay three of our private Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/|Undiscovered Destinations]]. I can't believe it is only our third day here - we've had so many adventures already!
Another noisy night with the monkeys Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 11, 2015
- Samburu Day two of our private Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwsvmvBRCT5ozK-dmY7D4SJACyIoJmIWIABUSR5tdN4eS6UeEZxG1dW6TQ8L8FiJppze30ahoCzp3w_wcB|Undiscovered Destinations]]
Having taken our weekly dose of [ Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 10, 2015
- Nairobi - Equator - Isiolo - SamburuDay one of our private Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/|Undiscovered Destinations]].
After last night's safety paranoia, the surroundings look peaceful and tranquil this morning as we explore the hotel grounds an Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 9, 2015
- Travelling by Camp in PortugalGuauuuuuuu, what a experience and travel I just had with my girlfriend, I think I really love Portugal. I have seen things there that are really amazing and it makes me feel super. I just want you to see those Posted by TravelVanSpain in Van Hire Trip in Spain | Sep 11, 2015
- Day of Ups and Downs
Had a bit of an off day today, which I guess is bound to happen some time. It was sad the leave Port Macquarie as we both liked it there and the apartment was particularly nice. The Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 11, 2015
- Halong Bay TravelPLAN YOUR HALONG BAY VACATION
A visit to the north is not complete without a trip to Halong Bay, where placid waters give way to more than 3,000 limestone karsts and wind-sculpted limestone formations jut from foggy lagoons. Dotting the bay Posted by Kiên in Vietnam Travel Blog | Sep 1, 2015
- RINCHENPONGRINCHENPONG : THE UNTOUCHED HEAVEN!
The mountain views of Rinchenpong are as fascinating as those of Darjeeling, Gangtok or Pelling.
In 1860 the British sent an expeditionary force to Sikkim. When the force reached Rinchenpong the Lepchas (the or Posted by AbhiB in TRAVEL GUIDE & PHOTOGRAPHER | Aug 24, 2015
- Kankakee Area with the Illinois Young BirdersToday my dad and I went on a field trip with the Illinois Young Birders Club to the Kankakee region of eastern Illinois in search of migrant shorebirds and other avian goodies. It was a gorgeous day with sunny skies Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 22, 2015
- The Mad Dash through Costa Rica...Living Pura Vida with Bugs
We left San Jose on the 9am bus. Sadly it was another full on day of travelling. This time we were heading Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 11, 2015
- Day 3: GHO!Today was my first full day in the beautiful town of Sun Valley, Idaho on this trip. From 9:00am to 1:30pm, I birded the Warm Springs Trail that leads essentially from our condo's backyard up a large mountain called Mt. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 29, 2015
- Day 2: Boise to Sun ValleyToday my mom and I drove the 3-hour drive from Boise, Idaho's largest city, to the small mountain town of Sun Valley famous for its winter skiing. After a buffet breakfast at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we were on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 28, 2015